PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Will OL keep us from winning more than 5 games?

chiefsfan1963
08-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Any hope this OL can improve significantly for us to be competitive this season? I don't see it. Cassel is going to have tough time behind this OL. Not impressed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2
08-21-2009, 10:27 PM
They have to hope there are some cuts that can come in and help.

Buehler445
08-21-2009, 10:27 PM
Probably. They look like shit. Bryan Robison (whomever the fuck he is) ripped us up.
Posted via Mobile Device

OctoberFart
08-21-2009, 10:37 PM
I love the Pendergast send 8 blitzes. KC is going to give up a ton of big plays with that scheme.

T-post Tom
08-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Levi Jones is still out there and can play RT.

T-post Tom
08-21-2009, 10:41 PM
I love the Pendergast send 8 blitzes. KC is going to give up a ton of big plays with that scheme.

Ummm...that's not a "scheme". That's part of the 2nd pre-season game. Here's a little secret for you: Coordinator's generally don't reveal much of their playbook during the pre-season. Shhhhhhh. Don't let the cat out of the bag.

chiefbowe82
08-21-2009, 11:19 PM

you know what happens when we don't blitz. we go 2-14

BigMeatballDave
08-22-2009, 12:19 AM
I love the Pendergast send 8 blitzes. KC is going to give up a ton of big plays with that scheme.tard

DBOSHO
08-22-2009, 12:22 AM

brett loves it even more:evil:

Pitt Gorilla
08-22-2009, 12:54 AM
The OL and WR are the weakest spots on the team.

Saccopoo
08-22-2009, 01:22 AM

Oddly enough, I thought that Lelei looked pretty good from what I saw tonight. Overthrown balls in the end zone, but he came down with them regardless. If he can get the system and has some legs left, he'll be a legit #2.

At this point, I'm not so worried about the wideout spot. Offensive line...whew...yeah, that's going to be a struggle this next season. I hate to harp on it, but they blew it in this last draft when they didn't pick up any decent o-line help.

Micjones
08-22-2009, 01:28 AM
Levi Jones is still out there and can play RT.

I wouldn't mind that signing one bit.
Needs to happen I think.

Micjones
08-22-2009, 01:29 AM

I think WR is actually going to be fairly solid.
The Toomer and Lelie signings made that a respectable group.

Now O-Line? Yeah... We've got some trouble there I think.

Cosmos
08-22-2009, 01:30 AM
There's no hiding the lack of talent on this OL.

Cassel is gonna take a lot of shots...

Micjones
08-22-2009, 01:33 AM
There's no hiding the lack of talent on this OL.

Cassel is gonna take a lot of shots...

I'm guessing we're going to see a lot of "max protect" plays this year.
The TE's are going to do ALOT of blocking.

shammus
08-22-2009, 01:59 AM
Well, Halioli was perfectly willing to bring in a street free agent - two even! - to help our struggling receiving corps. They're going to have to turn their attention to the Oline now. Tonight was pretty bad - Cassel was effective, yet was running for his life the entire first half. Who's out there now that we can plug in to upgrade our center, RG or RT positions? Levi Jones is one, nice start there but I think he's still wanting LT money....any others?

googlegoogle
08-22-2009, 02:36 AM
Pioli said we aren't through and he hinted at more acquisitions when cut day happens.

kstater
08-22-2009, 03:48 AM
Don't worry, the D's inability to stop the run will have a key role in 11+ losses as well.

Tribal Warfare
08-22-2009, 04:55 AM
The OL, NT, Rushbackers, WR are the weakest spots on the team.

FYP

Hammock Parties
08-22-2009, 05:03 AM
Don't worry, the D's inability to stop the run will have a key role in 11+ losses as well.

The run D was pretty good tonight. There were a couple hiccups but not too bad especially against Adrian Peterson.

keg in kc
08-22-2009, 06:41 AM
The TE's are going to do ALOT of blocking.Yep. That's exactly what I expect.

There's an ironic touch to it. My guess is if we hadn't traded Gonzalez, there'd be a lot of complaining (and no small amount of it from him) about how we were wasting him by using him as a blocker.

michaelj_58
08-22-2009, 06:47 AM
thats why they need to pick up the back when they blitz .

Warrior5
08-22-2009, 06:56 AM

From what I've seen of the new D (albeit only preseason), the Chiefs are already much improved on run D.

As to the original question in the thread stater, I told my wife at the Houston game that the O-line, specifically the right side, is going to limit us to 5 wins this year. Preseason or not, when you have 1st and goal on the 1 with 30+ seconds left, and can't get that 1 yard, you have issues.

Overall, I'm pleased with the team's performance last night, especially Cassel's.

Boon
08-22-2009, 07:32 AM
This cluster f*ck of a season won't rest entirely on the O-line.
Plenty of shitty play to go around.

Extra Point
08-22-2009, 07:39 AM
Oddly enough, I thought that Lelei looked pretty good from what I saw tonight. Overthrown balls in the end zone, but he came down with them regardless. If he can get the system and has some legs left, he'll be a legit #2.

At this point, I'm not so worried about the wideout spot. Offensive line...whew...yeah, that's going to be a struggle this next season. I hate to harp on it, but they blew it in this last draft when they didn't pick up any decent o-line help.

This sums it up. We just can't pound the rock, as there is no push from the O-line. We are so deep at WR talent, and with Cassel's legs, without O-line drive, that we'll need to bootleg or roll-out pass every other down, just to get the ball upfield.

I was encouraged to see us picking up first downs, the first half.

KCUnited
08-22-2009, 08:03 AM
Not just the OL, but the Defense, Special Teams, and schedule will contribute to us not winning more than 5 this season.

Skip Towne
08-22-2009, 08:13 AM
When you can't get one yard in four downs to win the game there is nothing left to say.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-22-2009, 08:35 AM
When you can't get one yard in four downs to win the game there is nothing left to say.

Yes there is !

We Suck !

Buehler445
08-22-2009, 08:43 AM
The TE's are going to do ALOT of blocking.

Rightfully so. Maybe one of them can play Right motherfucking Tackle.

Seriously though, from what I could see, they blocked pretty well. And it's a good thing too.

The run D was pretty good tonight. There were a couple hiccups but not too bad especially against Adrian Peterson.

Excellent point. Could you see Peterson running rampant over the bitch ass defenses that showed up in the Tennessee and Carolina games? Fuck.

King_Chief_Fan
08-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Any hope this OL can improve significantly for us to be competitive this season? I don't see it. Cassel is going to have tough time behind this OL. Not impressed.
Posted via Mobile Device

the o line could keep the Chiefs from winning any games. No protection for the QB and almost zero success from the running game. To win this team will have to go back to the spread after the o line gets Cassel and Croyle killed. Back to Thiggy getting jiggy will be a horrible set back