PDA

View Full Version : Life Glacier National Park

RealSNR
08-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Holy buckets. Best vacation ever. I'm usually a little sissy priss when it comes to outdoorsy stuff, but the wife and I did a camping trip for 5 days. Stayed at various points on the west side and took scenic drives, hiked, and even had time for some shopping and eating about an hour away in Kalispell, MT.

Anyone else ever been here? I loved it. I'm definitely going to try to make it back next summer.

Bugeater
08-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Did you kill your own food?

RealSNR
08-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Did you kill your own food?I bought a hella expensive license from the park and got a trout. We were able to keep it, actually, so that was dinner one night. Other than that, it was sandwiches for 5 days. We went out on one of the rainy days out of the park.

Friendo
08-23-2009, 04:39 PM
my dad grew up in Helena, worked as a youth in Yellowstone, and had been to Yosemite, but said Glacier was hands-down the most beautiful Park in his opinion.

JOhn
08-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Glacier National Park does indeed rock. Loved the time i was able to go there. It & Yellowstone are my favorite places on earth.

Miles
08-23-2009, 04:49 PM
I was up there about this time last year and it's definitly a beautiful place.

Bwana
08-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Many times. I just got back from Bigfork, MT this afternoon.

Bugeater
08-23-2009, 04:52 PM
my dad grew up in Helena, worked as a youth in Yellowstone, and had been to Yosemite, but said Glacier was hands-down the most beautiful Park in his opinion.
I'd have to see it to believe it, Yosemite is fucking awesome.

Jenson71
08-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Is Glacier Park the one with the big bowl lake in it?

Nevermind, I was thinking of Crater Lake, I think.

Frazod
08-23-2009, 05:38 PM
I'd have to see it to believe it, Yosemite is fucking awesome.

This. The view across the valley from Glacier Point is the most amazing thing I've ever seen. If it gets better than that, I'd love to see it.

2bikemike
08-23-2009, 06:12 PM
I have been there as well I went to Sturgis via Glacier National Park. Coming down out of the park we're riding along through an area that had just burned. You could still feel the heat. We rode past a tree that burst into flames right next to the road. The whole time I'm thinking "Why in the hell is this road still open?"

Skyy God
08-23-2009, 06:58 PM
This. The view across the valley from Glacier Point is the most amazing thing I've ever seen. If it gets better than that, I'd love to see it.

I'm headed there in roughly a week..... planning on doing at least Mt. Whitney and Half Dome.