Chiefnj2
08-26-2009, 07:30 AM
Good.

rockymtnchief
08-26-2009, 07:32 AM
Better than flat out releasing him.

BigRock
We'll regret this in five years when Thigpen and Tebow are leading their teams to the Super Bowl.

milkman
He means a mid 7th round pick, right?

The Franchise
08-26-2009, 07:38 AM
Per Rotoworld:

The Jaguars have reportedly expressed interest in Chiefs backup QB Tyler Thigpen.

The sides can't find common ground on Thigpen's value with the Chiefs asking for more than a fifth-round pick. The Jags do need a No. 2, but Kansas City can forget about getting a higher pick for a quarterback who can only function out of the shotgun.

KC kid
I would love to see Thigpen gone. Then, I won't have to hear from all the morons around here that think he can play QB.

jiveturkey
I'd be surprised if we got a 7th.

ChiefaRoo
08-26-2009, 07:40 AM
Try to get a 4th but take a 5th and then ship him.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-26-2009, 07:42 AM
if we got a 5th for him, i would laugh my ass off, because that means we just screwed someone over

KC kid
08-26-2009, 07:42 AM
for a 4th? DONE. For a 5th? Uhhh maybe.

milkman
08-26-2009, 07:45 AM
for a 4th? DONE. For a 5th? Uhhh maybe.

If anyone is offering a fifth, you take that pick and laugh your ass off to the next draft.

No one in their right mind is going to give you a 4th for him.

Mr. Kotter
08-26-2009, 07:46 AM
Honestly? As QB-poor as this league is....I won't be surprised. At all.

JuicesFlowing
08-26-2009, 07:46 AM
Croyle has played himself into the #2, he looks confident this year. I'm fine with dealing Thigpen.

Rooster
08-26-2009, 07:47 AM
I would love to see Thigpen gone. Then, I won't have to hear from all the morons around here that think he can play QB.

yep

KCinNY
08-26-2009, 07:47 AM
I don't hate Thigpen, but getting any draft pick for him would be a steal.

sparkky
08-26-2009, 07:48 AM
take what we can get. we'll just cut him anyway. give the reps to Guti.

DJ's left nut
08-26-2009, 07:52 AM
If we intend to use a wildcat at all, I'd rather have Thigpen than the 5th.

It's a value thing - Thigpen is a very valuable asset as a wildcat QB. If you're going to use the formation, Thigpen is a guy that will help your team immensly several times throughout the course of the season. The 5th is unlikely to amount to much.

If we aren't going to use the wildcat at all, go ahead and deal him.

TEX
08-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Croyle has played himself into the #2, he looks confident this year. I'm fine with dealing Thigpen.

Until we need him and he gets broken...

wild1
08-26-2009, 08:07 AM
Deal him for whatever.

the Talking Can
08-26-2009, 08:10 AM
woot!

if we get a 5th for skull humper that would be awesome

Sofa King
08-26-2009, 08:13 AM
he was drafted in the 7th... and he hasn't exactly shown that he is a stud in the league... deal him and move on... we could still use the picks....

Tribal Warfare
08-26-2009, 08:15 AM
He was a waiver wire QB, and if KC can get anything for him this transaction would be an epic win.

Chiefnj2
08-26-2009, 08:21 AM
Thigpen has the lowest completion % and something like 2.9 ypc. He remains inaccurate. You need a QB that can throw the ball down field.

Hammock Parties
08-26-2009, 08:22 AM
He's going to push Cassel and make him better.

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2009, 08:24 AM
We'll regret this in five years when Thigpen and Tebow are leading their teams to the Super Bowl.ROFL

Direckshun
08-26-2009, 08:33 AM
Did I call this from a mile away, or what.

KC native
08-26-2009, 08:33 AM
Please make this happen as I'm tired of reading Thigpen homers.

wild1
08-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Please make this happen as I'm tired of reading Thigpen homers.

are there people who think he's good??

I read one nitwit saying he should be competing for the starting job, but surely that person is a one-in-a-million idiot

Bane
08-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Until we need him and he gets broken...

If he can stay healthy he will be fine.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 08:37 AM
Can we package Chiefzilla in the deal with him? Kind of like a two for one special?

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 08:41 AM
are there people who think he's good??

I read one nitwit saying he should be competing for the starting job, but surely that person is a one-in-a-million idiot

see post 31

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 08:42 AM
as long as Haley doesnt kill QB's like Herm did....

Lets hope not. Even though our OL is garbage, at least Haley and Co recognize it and are "trying" to make some changes to it to proctect thier investment...

Scorp
08-26-2009, 09:00 AM
NOOOOOOOOOO THIGGY SHOULD BE OUR STARTER! LMFAO

Demonpenz
08-26-2009, 09:06 AM
We will regret this if it happens. Thigpen is a duel threat

The Poz
08-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Speaking of Chiefs QB's (or former QB's):
"Free agent QB Ingle Martin is expected to sign with the Broncos Wednesday if he passes a physical.
Martin, a floating fourth quarterback for the past couple of seasons, would just be around for depth. Chris Simms' ankle injury will likely keep him out for a couple of weeks."

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3660

Demonpenz
08-26-2009, 09:07 AM
"Free agent QB Ingle Martin is expected to sign with the Broncos Wednesday if he passes a physical.
Martin, a floating fourth quarterback for the past couple of seasons, would just be around for depth. Chris Simms' ankle injury will likely keep him out for a couple of weeks."

he will later host the 10,000 pyrimid on the game show network!

Deberg_1990
08-26-2009, 09:11 AM
We will rue the day we let Thigpen go when hes leading the Saskatchewan Roughriders to the title in 2011 !!

wild1
08-26-2009, 09:12 AM
Isn't this the guy who was so wrong about the Chiefs not hiring Mike Shanahan? Why would we listen to him?

sedated
08-26-2009, 09:12 AM
behind this shitty OLine, and with broken brodie as the #2, we had better be ready to use our third QB. I'd rather its Thigpen than Gutierrez.

Was anyone else reminded of the Trent Green decapitation game seeing Cassel run all over the field Friday night?

Add that to the different dimension Thigpen gives, and his possible use in the wildcat.

But I still would take a 5th for him. This isn’t Carl drafting anymore, so picks are valuable again.

keg in kc
08-26-2009, 09:14 AM
Maybe they can recoup what they gave up yesterday for the 2 o-linemen. Pack of chiclets and a nail clipper, whatever it was.

The Franchise
08-26-2009, 09:30 AM
What is all of this fascination with the Wildcat formation? Jesus...

LaChapelle
08-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Forget about it. Denver set the market when they got Orton. Jags won't pay that much.

pr_capone
08-26-2009, 09:38 AM
If he can stay healthy he will be fine.

I'm not sure he can do that even on the bench.

acesn8s
08-26-2009, 09:40 AM
Can we give them Croyle?

Swanman
08-26-2009, 09:40 AM

We used the wildcat because the "QB" that we had last year could not run a conventional offense so Chan was trying anything he could to get things done offensively. Now that we have a real QB starting and a couple fairly capable backups, Thigpen is not needed. Get what you can and move on.

Micjones
08-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Can we give them Croyle?

Honestly I'd rather do that...
Give them Croyle, Make Gutierrez our #2 and let Thigpen bring up the rear in case all Hell breaks loose.

Croyle simply can't stay healthy.

rockymtnchief
08-26-2009, 09:42 AM

Martin is a great game manager and knows to throw the left handed interception instead of taking a sack. We're going to the Super Bowl!

Rooster
08-26-2009, 09:43 AM
Isn't this the guy who was so wrong about the Chiefs not hiring Mike Shanahan? Why would we listen to him?

The Deal is Done!!!! Nick said so....

bevischief
08-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Maybe they can recoup what they gave up yesterday for the 2 o-linemen. Pack of chiclets and a nail clipper, whatever it was.

ROFL

acesn8s
08-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Did I just hear Croyle say "Ouch"?

bevischief
08-26-2009, 09:50 AM
Add Sackintosh too.

talastan
08-26-2009, 09:51 AM
I'd say ask for a fourth, or fifth and an O-Lineman of theirs. Their O line wasn't too bad IIRC.

milkman
08-26-2009, 09:55 AM

It's gimmick play that will outlive it's usefulness very shortly.

milkman
08-26-2009, 09:57 AM
I'd say ask for a fourth, or fifth and an O-Lineman of theirs. Their O line wasn't too bad IIRC.

:eek:

SAUTO
08-26-2009, 09:58 AM
It's gimmick play that will outlive it's usefulness very shortly.

it was getting caught up with at the end last year

Demonpenz
08-26-2009, 09:59 AM
We are going to use the wildcat some this year. I would rather it be thigpin than LJ

Pasta Little Brioni
08-26-2009, 10:01 AM

Jacksonville's Oline was injury riddled and horrific last year. It was also the biggest reason they struggled.

LaChapelle
08-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Mark Bradley as emergency QB or Thigpen at #3? It's not an easy decision.

MMXcalibur
08-26-2009, 10:07 AM
How in the fuck am I supposed to move the Chiefs offense in Madden now?

acesn8s
08-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Jacksonville's Oline was injury riddled and horrific last year. It was also the biggest reason they struggled.It was hard to block with bullet holes.

patteeu
08-26-2009, 10:11 AM
behind this shitty OLine, and with broken brodie as the #2, we had better be ready to use our third QB. I'd rather its Thigpen than Gutierrez.

Was anyone else reminded of the Trent Green decapitation game seeing Cassel run all over the field Friday night?

Add that to the different dimension Thigpen gives, and his possible use in the wildcat.

But I still would take a 5th for him. This isn’t Carl drafting anymore, so picks are valuable again.

I'm with sedated except that I'd hold out for a 4th at least for a while longer.

RealSNR
08-26-2009, 10:11 AM
When I read this headline I thought "7th rounder".

When I saw the Chiefs can get him for a 5th rounder and might be able to squeeze out a 4th rounder, I was shocked, really. Are teams that desperate for QB depth?

Goldmember
08-26-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm not a big Thigpen fan, except for his excellent scrambling ablility, but he did seem to find his way to the end zone on more posessions than Croyle. Croyle's posessions seemed to end with a FG or turnover. Anyone have the stats on this?

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 10:16 AM
Honestly I'd rather do that...
Give them Croyle, Make Gutierrez our #2 and let Thigpen bring up the rear in case all Hell breaks loose.

Croyle simply can't stay healthy.

Thigpen cant simply run a normal NFL offense...

Just sayin...

nychief
08-26-2009, 10:17 AM
When I read this headline I thought "7th rounder".

When I saw the Chiefs can get him for a 5th rounder and might be able to squeeze out a 4th rounder, I was shocked, really. Are teams that desperate for QB depth?

had 18 TDs last year.

LaChapelle
08-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Thigpen goes to Jacksonville. DelRio gets canned. The Thigpen legacy missed Childress by // this much.

SenselessChiefsFan
08-26-2009, 10:46 AM
It is funny to see guys bash Thigpen....a seventh round pick that the Chiefs picked up off the waiver wire.... that delivered last year.

Is he Peyton Manning? Of course not. Peyton Manning doesn't make it to the waiver wire.

He way overproduced anything the Chiefs could have hoped for. He had very little experience and gave the Chiefs a chance to win on a weekly basis.

I was never hanging the banner than he should be the Chiefs QBOTF, but the kid has NFL talent.

EVERY player is a system player to some degree. The fact that Thigpen operates out best out of the shotgun is just his specific set of tools.

Every player has them. Now, some players have all the tools, but most of the time... especially for SEVENTH round picks who are WAIVED.... you have tradeoffs.

Yes, the Chiefs can get a decent pick for him. A fifth would be appropriate.

I am a little suprised that they are letting him go, because I would much rather see him than Matt G-rez (don't know how to spell his name).

I would be fine with it in the long run.... but Thigpen accomplished nearly the same things that Orton did last year. Thigpen was a second year player with his first real playing time. Orton was in his fourth year.

In fact, if you compared Thigpens numbers to a ton of guys in the NFL in their first year of starting, his numbers would compare 'favorably'.

He is on the short side, he isn't the most accurate, and I think both Croyle and Cassel have far more ability.

That said, he has moxie. He has toughness and he has persistence.

I like guys who overachieve from what was expected.

To me, a guy like DJ should be bashed because he has never played to the level that Thigpen played last year.... and he was a first round pick.

DTLB58
08-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Did I call this from a mile away, or what.

Thought something was kinda up the day Haley pulled Croyle at T.C. but first yelled at him, C'mon Brodie, Were counting on you"!

Goldmember
08-26-2009, 10:53 AM
It is funny to see guys bash Thigpen....a seventh round pick that the Chiefs picked up off the waiver wire.... that delivered last year.

Is he Peyton Manning? Of course not. Peyton Manning doesn't make it to the waiver wire.

He way overproduced anything the Chiefs could have hoped for. He had very little experience and gave the Chiefs a chance to win on a weekly basis.

I was never hanging the banner than he should be the Chiefs QBOTF, but the kid has NFL talent.

EVERY player is a system player to some degree. The fact that Thigpen operates out best out of the shotgun is just his specific set of tools.

Every player has them. Now, some players have all the tools, but most of the time... especially for SEVENTH round picks who are WAIVED.... you have tradeoffs.

I am a little suprised that they are letting him go, because I would much rather see him than Matt G-rez (don't know how to spell his name).

I would be fine with it in the long run.... but Thigpen accomplished nearly the same things that Orton did last year. Thigpen was a second year player with his first real playing time. Orton was in his fourth year.

In fact, if you compared Thigpens numbers to a ton of guys in the NFL in their first year of starting, his numbers would compare 'favorably'.

He is on the short side, he isn't the most accurate, and I think both Croyle and Cassel have far more ability.

To me, a guy like DJ should be bashed because he has never played to the level that Thigpen played last year.... and he was a first round pick.

I agree, he made the best out of good situation with a bad team with a horrible offensive line. Like I said above, at least he found the end zone, something I haven't seen Brokie do much. You can't help your team when you are on IR all the time. What good is he?

Sure-Oz
08-26-2009, 10:54 AM
I hope thiggy gets us atleast what trent got us

Chiefshrink
08-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Jags will wait until he gets cut my guess.

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 10:55 AM
If we let him go we will regret this.

DTLB58
08-26-2009, 10:55 AM

I thought Thigpen was in the perfect spot here as a backup but maybe Haley thinks he just dosen't fit into what he sees as his type of QB.

I think you are right about DJ especially after what Haley said the other day. I think if DJ dosen't start picking it up he will be allowed to leave.

the Talking Can
08-26-2009, 11:00 AM

maybe pioli will give him a gold star sticker when he trades him, or a cookie

the Talking Can
08-26-2009, 11:00 AM

ROFL

Sure-Oz
08-26-2009, 11:01 AM
Trade him to ATL so he can be re-united with his bf

SenselessChiefsFan
08-26-2009, 11:02 AM
I thought Thigpen was in the perfect spot here as a backup but maybe Haley thinks he just dosen't fit into what he sees as his type of QB.

I think you are right about DJ especially after what Haley said the other day. I think if DJ dosen't start picking it up he will be allowed to leave.

Just think if everyone on the Chiefs roster overproduced the way that Thigpen has.

Thigpen was a waiver wire acqusition that grew into a capable starting QB. Never going to be a Pro Bowler, but a guy that could win a couple of games.

If the whole team exceeded expectations in a similar fashion, the Chiefs would be the best team in football hands down.

Sure-Oz
I will give tyler this....he has more facebook friends than i will ever have

Micjones

The funny thing is... Many of the same people who bash Thigpen were perfectly ready to hand the keys over to a much less accomplished Brodie Croyle.

Sure-Oz
08-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Just think if everyone on the Chiefs roster overproduced the way that Thigpen has.

Thigpen was a waiver wire acqusition that grew into a capable starting QB. Never going to be a Pro Bowler, but a guy that could win a couple of games.

If the whole team exceeded expectations in a similar fashion, the Chiefs would be the best team in football hands down.

He'd be great if we wanted to go 2-14 or 4-12 every year and rack up those high 1st rounders

The Franchise
08-26-2009, 11:04 AM
The funny thing is... Many of the same people who bash Thigpen were perfectly ready to hand the keys over to a much less accomplished Brodie Croyle.

Croyle has WAY more talent than Thigpen. The only knock on Croyle is that he's Mr. Glass in a football uniform.

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2009, 11:05 AM
If we let him go we will regret this.:spock:ROFL

SenselessChiefsFan
08-26-2009, 11:06 AM
maybe pioli will give him a gold star sticker when he trades him, or a cookie

Not saying the Chiefs shouldn't trade him, but bashing this kid just shows how stupid fans are in general.

The same guys calling him a scrub couldn't carry his jock.

I have a lot of respect for these guys because I know I wasn't good enough to make it to the pros.

I respect the ability of people that can do things that I can't.

The worst player on any NFL roster right now, even before cuts, would school any poster on this board.... that is calling that same player a 'scrub'.

Just like any nfl coach on any staff would school any poster on this board about the philosophy of the game.

If Thigpen were a high round pick, I would understand being annoyed because he wouldn't be living up to expectations, and he would have 'hurt' the team.

He has done nothing to hurt this team, and his trade value is such that it could help in the long run.

BigMeatballDave
Croyle has WAY more talent than Thigpen. The only knock on Croyle is that he's Mr. Glass in a football uniform.This.

BigMeatballDave
Not saying the Chiefs shouldn't trade him, but DEFENDING this kid just shows how stupid fans are in general.

FYP

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 11:07 AM

So how is this going to change your view on Pioli and Haley if they release a players of Thigpens magnitude?

Will you scorn them, praise them?

Thoughts?

SenselessChiefsFan
08-26-2009, 11:08 AM

Now, to be 100% fair.... Brodie Croyle is the most talented QB on the Chiefs roster right now... he just can't stay healthy.

If he could have stayed healthy in college, he would have been a first round pick.

He has everything you look for in a QB.... other than durability.

Thigpen has accomplished more, but that is more because Croyle hasn't been able to stay on the field.

wild1
08-26-2009, 11:09 AM

You should be in a museum

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2009, 11:09 AM
The funny thing is... Many of the same people who bash Thigpen were perfectly ready to hand the keys over to a much less accomplished Brodie Croyle.:rolleyes:

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 11:10 AM
:spock:ROFL

alright guys. just watch.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Now, to be 100% fair.... Brodie Croyle is the most talented QB on the Chiefs roster right now... he just can't stay healthy.

If he could have stayed healthy in college, he would have been a first round pick.

Thigpen has accomplished more, but that is more because Croyle hasn't been able to stay on the field.

:clap:

Solid Post....

Micjones
08-26-2009, 11:12 AM
:rolleyes:

That's an absolutely true statement.
People bought the hype with Croyle and wanted him to be "the guy".
And many of those people are also now slinging shit at Thigpen.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 11:13 AM
And many of those people are also now slinging shit at Thigpen.

At the time it was either Him or Huard....

Not like we had a choice...

SenselessChiefsFan
08-26-2009, 11:14 AM
So how is this going to change your view on Pioli and Haley if they release a players of Thigpens magnitude?

Will you scorn them, praise them?

Thoughts?

Look, there is a difference between accepting that Thigpen may not be the best fit, and bashing a kid who outproduced anything that anyone could have expected from him.

I am not saying that I want him to be the QBOTF. I won't go so far as to say he could never be successful, because I am sure that many fans of the Pats said that Rich Gannon could never be a successful NFL QB.

A third string QB isn't the kind of move that will get me that upset.

And, as I said, if they are able to trade him... then I can support that 100%. The draft pick would be more valuable to this club than Thigpen would be.

Yeah, I will be dissapointed if they just release him. Not to the point that I will 'bash' their decision. If my biggest dissagreement with this organization comes from the decision over the third string QB.... I think I will be pretty happy with them.

I have a feeling that I will have some protests on cut day.....regardless.

Micjones

He may well have the best arm. The most ability? Not sure that I agree.

When Croyle was healthy he still wasn't as productive.
Let's not pretend he'd be a world beater if he could stay on the field.
The numbers say otherwise.

ChiefMojo
Croyle is a much better overall QB than Thigpen. But as mentioned, Croyle hasn't stayed healthy. Thigpen has yet to show he can run a conventional offense yet. People know Croyle can, but it is up to him to survive.

Sure-Oz
08-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Let's see Tyler play in a pro offense

Micjones
08-26-2009, 11:15 AM
At the time it was either Him or Huard....

Not like we had a choice...

Or we could've looked outside of the franchise altogether.

Thing is, people actually believed that he was our QBOTF because that's what Chiefs brass wanted us to buy into. I NEVER did. I knew it was bullshit from the outset. That guy was NEVER intended to be our future at that position. Sorry...

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Or we could've looked outside of the franchise altogether.

Thing is, people actually believed that he was our QBOTF because that's what Chiefs brass wanted us to buy into. I NEVER did. I knew it was bullshit from the outset. That guy was NEVER intended to be our future at that position. Sorry...

Cant argue the facts there. We still had QB killer at the helm, but it would of been nice to try and upgrade the position.

I can see where you wouldnt buy in... I bought in for the same reasons people like underdog players in Chiefs uniforms... Scanlon anyone?

I wanted Croyle to succeed, he has the talent and arm for the NFL, but not the body to take the beating in a Herm lead team...

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Are you guys saying the Pistol or the Spread isnt a pro offense?

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 11:21 AM

Dont hijack the thread!

LMAO

Coach
08-26-2009, 11:21 AM
He means a mid 7th round pick, right?

Somewhere between 5-7 would be idealistic. My best guess, assuming this happens, would be a 6th.

Old Dog
08-26-2009, 11:22 AM

That's kinda like saying you have the best car ever, but the engine won't start. If Brokie can't stay on the damned field due to injuries, he's of less use than a half bag of practice balls.
The most talented player in the world isn't worth a damn on the sideline.

Micjones
08-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Cant argue the facts there. We still had QB killer at the helm, but it would of been nice to try and upgrade the position.

I can see where you wouldnt buy in... I bought in for the same reasons people like underdog players in Chiefs uniforms... Scanlon anyone?

I wanted Croyle to succeed, he has the talent and arm for the NFL, but not the body to take the beating in a Herm lead team...

I never rooted against the kid. I just didn't believe in him like some of my CP cohorts. Hell, I don't even blame him. I just don't think he's cut out to be a starter in this league. Not his fault.

salame
not reading this whole thread
but
Jacksonville wants him

DaneMcCloud

You recalled incorrectly.

Their offensive line completely sucked ass last year which is why they completely sucked ass last year.

Their first pick in the 2009 draft? Offensive tackle Eugene Monroe.

Their second pick? Offensive tackle Eben Britton.

Micjones
08-26-2009, 11:24 AM

That's definitely what some are saying.

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 11:25 AM
That's definitely what some are saying.

no im asking which of the two are they saying is a gimmick offense. the pistol most certainly is, but the spread can be sustained. ask brady and cassel.

SenselessChiefsFan
08-26-2009, 11:26 AM
That's kinda like saying you have the best car ever, but the engine won't start. If Brokie can't stay on the damned field due to injuries, he's of less use than a half bag of practice balls.
The most talented player in the world isn't worth a damn on the sideline.

I get the point, but there was a reason that the fans wanted Brodie to start.... he has the talent to be great....Thigpen has the talent to be a capable backup.

Micjones
08-26-2009, 11:27 AM
no im asking which of the two are they saying is a gimmick offense. the pistol most certainly is, but the spread can be sustained. ask brady and cassel.

I've heard the argument that the Spread isn't a conventional NFL offense.
Which is obviously bullshit...

salame
08-26-2009, 11:28 AM
You recalled incorrectly.

Their offensive line completely sucked ass last year which is why they completely sucked ass last year.

Their first pick in the 2009 draft? Offensive tackle Eugene Monroe.

Their second pick? Offensive tackle Eben Britton.

see why can't the chiefs pick like that?

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2009, 11:44 AM
And many of those people are also now slinging shit at Thigpen.I HOPED he could be THE guy. They drafted him, he deserved a shot. He got it. He couldn't hold up the pounding. Talent wise, he is a TON better than Thig.

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2009, 11:47 AM
He may well have the best arm. The most ability? Not sure that I agree.

When Croyle was healthy he still wasn't as productive.
Let's not pretend he'd be a world beater if he could stay on the field.
The numbers say otherwise.Herm. Edwards.

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Are you guys saying the Pistol or the Spread isnt a pro offense?LMAO Dipshit...

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 11:53 AM
LMAO Dipshit...

im just getting all the facts

RealSNR
08-26-2009, 01:01 PM
Good lord, Sensible...

People don't hate Thigpen. I don't know one guy who hates his guts. Why would they? Thigpen didn't do anything to them. He's not the reason at all why we were 2-14 last year. He was our only option for half the year, and wasn't too bad in some games.

People bash him because while Herm Edwards had no choice and gave him a dumbed down college offense to work with so he could be more productive, it's a good bet that Todd Haley will NOT be doing that. So Thigpen's value to us as a backup is nil.

They also bash him because of retarded posts like the ones you make. Sensible my ass.

Titty Meat
08-26-2009, 01:02 PM
This would be the 3rd team Pioli has screwed. Enjoy fellas.

RustShack
08-26-2009, 01:05 PM
The Jags better plan on switching to a college/gimmick offense.

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2009, 01:09 PM

I'm not sure even Tyler Thigpen could screw up "hand off to MJD right, hand off to MJD left, screen pass to MJD."

raybec 4
08-26-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm not sure even Tyler Thigpen could screw up "hand off to MJD right, hand off to MJD left, screen pass to MJD."

He'd throw the screen 10 yards over pocket hercules head.

Micjones
08-26-2009, 01:13 PM
I HOPED he could be THE guy. They drafted him, he deserved a shot. He got it. He couldn't hold up the pounding. Talent wise, he is a TON better than Thig.

We can agree to disagree.

wild1
08-26-2009, 02:21 PM

They already have Garrard, who Thigpen's best case scenario might be to model his game after.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 02:23 PM

Problem is, he struggles to complete those simple passess...

teedubya
08-26-2009, 02:23 PM
Shit, if you can trade Thigpen for a science room skeleton, you do that shit. Anything! Get what you can and RUN!!!

Mojo Jojo
08-26-2009, 03:40 PM
I was reading the Jags fan board...it seems they are 50/50 Tyler. Some love him because he is Garrard 2.0 while the others want a "real" NFL QB...stay in the pocket and throw first...run second. Tyler fits what the Jags are doing on offense. Hand off, throw long and run for you life.
From their posts it looks like the most the Jags will give up is a 5th.

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2009, 03:50 PM
see post 31

I never said he should be competing for the starting job, dipshit. I said that if he is cut, there will be teams with shaky QB situations that might be interested in having a look. The fact that the Jags are looking for a trade pretty much justifies that. I've said from the beginning that I support keeping him on the bench in KC and developing him--if he sucks after you try to groom him, cut him. If he does real well, you have either a real good backup or trade bait.

But go ahead with your dumbass idea that he doesn't belong on any NFL roster. Because that's not a clear example of extremism.

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2009, 03:52 PM

The pistol is basically a spread offense with a RB lined up in the i-formation.

The Patriots don't run a pure spread offense. But the premise is generally the same--QB lines up in the shotgun, spread 3 or 4 WRs out wide. Same with the Steelers.

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 04:05 PM
The pistol is basically a spread offense with a RB lined up in the i-formation.

The Patriots don't run a pure spread offense. But the premise is generally the same--QB lines up in the shotgun, spread 3 or 4 WRs out wide. Same with the Steelers.

which puzzles my why all of these fans want his head.

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2009, 04:28 PM
which puzzles my why all of these fans want his head.

I don't know, dude. It's fucked up. Two months ago, Brodie Croyle was a gimpy pussy. Now all of a sudden, over the last week, fans are treating him like some kind of a golden boy and are now even throwing conspiracy theories about how his injuries are just bad luck. And a lot of the same people who were hyping up Thigpen as the next golden boy 6 months ago are the same ones who are acting like he's a no-name reject.

I'll never understand why a lot of Chiefs' fans are so obsessed with despising certain players. I don't love him or hate him. I just think he's a much better option than Guttierez and a very important option if fragile Croyle is the backup.

Titty Meat
08-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Croyle isn't shit neither is Jackie Battle. Yet Chiefs fans will say great things about both while they diss LJ.

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Croyle isn't shit neither is Jackie Battle. Yet Chiefs fans will say great things about both while they diss LJ.

battle has fumbled a few but for the most part hes ran the hardest out of all out rbs. not dissing lj tough. i believe hell turn it on when the real games start

aturnis
08-26-2009, 04:35 PM

LJ isn't shit!

Titty Meat
08-26-2009, 04:37 PM
LJ isn't shit!

Except he's about to be the Chiefs all time leading rusher and the Chiefs are winless when he hasn't played.

LaChapelle
08-26-2009, 04:38 PM
FUCK

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Except he's about to be the Chiefs all time leading rusher and the Chiefs are winless when he hasn't played.

Really? in yds or tds? and how many?

rtmike
08-26-2009, 04:41 PM
I wondered why Haley wasn't playing him & figured they were trying to trade him.

Titty Meat
08-26-2009, 04:41 PM

Yards. Claythan said like 400 or something away I'll have to look.

LaChapelle
08-26-2009, 04:43 PM
I wondered why Haley wasn't playing him & figured they were trying to trade him.

He got injured falling on a football. Croyle took a shot to the chin, and didn't get injured.

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Yards. Claythan said like 400 or something away I'll have to look.

awesome. hell have that against baltimore. lol no hell have it by week 4-6 and i believe we are all home by then

Hammock Parties
08-26-2009, 04:47 PM

432 yards

THE TIME OF RECKONING IS NIGH

Phobia
08-26-2009, 04:49 PM

Indeed. I'm confident we could get a full quarter of football from Croyle if necessary.

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2009, 04:49 PM

I'm just as bothered that people are so intent on seeing Thigpen leave that they're even hyping up Guttierrez.

Yikes.

Again, I like Croyle, but you don't want to rest your entire QB depth on a backup that is incapable of staying healthy for more than 3 or 4 games.

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2009, 04:51 PM
If that doesn't speak to the overall shit we've had at RB.

Off the top of my head, what are we talking about - around 6500 yards?

Titty Meat
08-26-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm just as bothered that people are so intent on seeing Thigpen leave that they're even hyping up Guttierrez.

Yikes.

Again, I like Croyle, but you don't want to rest your entire QB depth on a backup that is incapable of staying healthy for more than 3 or 4 games.

Guttierrez is the perfect #3 QB who knows the system though and played in a franchise that knew how to win. Thigpen is a gimmick QB who I would love to see traded. Imagine Pioli trading him for a 5th round pick and then drafting a guard with that pick.

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 04:53 PM
432 yards

THE TIME OF RECKONING IS NIGH

goooooooooooooooooooooddddddd :evil:

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2009, 04:55 PM
If that doesn't speak to the overall shit we've had at RB.

Off the top of my head, what are we talking about - around 6500 yards?

Upon further review, it's even less.

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2009, 04:55 PM
Guttierrez is the perfect #3 QB who knows the system though and played in a franchise that knew how to win. Thigpen is a gimmick QB who I would love to see traded. Imagine Pioli trading him for a 5th round pick and then drafting a guard with that pick.

Guttierrez was also cut by a franchise who knows talent for... Andrew Walter.

Garbage in, Garbage out.

Thigpen is rawer than Guttierrez, but Guttierez doesn't have any upside. I don't think he's even good enough to be a backup QB. If Pioli can get a 4th or above, I'd be fine with the Chiefs dealing him. But given how important that #3 QB becomes when you have a fragile QB and a lousy offensive line, I don't want the ball in the hands of Guttierrez, ever.

Sure-Oz
08-26-2009, 05:16 PM
If you get a 6th rounder, dance in the streets

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2009, 05:18 PM
If you get a 6th rounder, dance in the streets

A 6th rounder is a garbage pick.

If you don't get at least a 4th, keep him and can Guttierrez. I'm all for stockpiling picks, but not when the guy you're trading away plays a role that might be useful to you.

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Jason LaConfora just said that Pioli wants a 3rd or 4th round pick, because Thigpen has won some games in this league.

ROFL

Games?

Plural?

ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2009, 05:20 PM
A 6th rounder is a garbage pick.

If you don't get at least a 4th, keep him and can Guttierrez. I'm all for stockpiling picks, but not when the guy you're trading away plays a role that might be useful to you.

Pop quiz, dumbshit:

If Pioli/Haley felt that Thigpen plays a useful role, why openly try to trade him?

THEY DON'T WANT AND/OR NEED HIM.

Not sure why this is so difficult a concept to grasp.

chiefs1111
08-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Jason LaConfora just said that Pioli wants a 3rd or 4th round pick, because Thigpen has won some games in this league.

ROFL

Games?

Plural?

ROFL

Yeah I about fell out of my chair when i heard that. It would be beyond awesome if we can screw someone over and get a 3rd for Thigpen, but I just don't see that happening....

Mr. Arrowhead
08-26-2009, 05:22 PM

ROFL

Hammock Parties
08-26-2009, 05:23 PM
"Game."

Thigpen has won a game.

No plurals involved.

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2009, 05:24 PM
"Game."

Thigpen has won a game.

No plurals involved.

That's why it's fucking comedy gold.

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 05:25 PM
with a competent defense he wouldve won games

Sure-Oz
08-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Thigpen, is the chiefs Aaron Guiel

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 05:27 PM

or if his play just didnt flat out suck ass in the second half of games... He might of won one or two more...

But the dude couldnt fall off a camel and hit sand on the simple NFL routes...

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 05:28 PM
or if his play just didnt flat out suck ass in the second half of games... He might of won one or two more...

But the dude couldnt fall off a camel and hit sand on the simple NFL routes...

or have a competent defense...

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 05:30 PM
or have a competent defense...

or some accuracy?

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 05:31 PM
or some accuracy?

i can do this all day.

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2009, 05:32 PM

Yeah, blame this on the defense:

50.4% completion in 4th quarter.

62.6 QB rating in 4th quarter.

44.8% completion in last 2:00 of either half.

54.6 QB rating in last 2:00 of either half.

And my personal favorite:

41.4% completion on attempts over 11 yards at any point in the game.

rad
08-26-2009, 05:34 PM
We should trade Thigpen to the Titans straight up for Javon Ringer.

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 05:36 PM

could be due to herms shell he goes into in the 2nd half. or that hes pressured to score on every drive because the opposing offense does

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 05:36 PM
i can do this all day.

me too

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 05:37 PM
but your right, he does play worse in the 2nd half. that doesnt excuse his often stellar play in the first half though

DBOSHO
me too

competent defense

OnTheWarpath15
could be due to herms shell he goes into in the 2nd half. or that hes pressured to score on every drive because the opposing offense does

ROFL

We didn't go into a shell. Check the gamelogs, and quit making excuses.

LaChapelle
08-26-2009, 05:38 PM
We have all had a good laugh at Orton's left handed interception in the endzone. Go back and look at Thigpen's pass into the endzone this season. Sad, he never even looked to see if there was a defender nearby.

Sure-Oz
08-26-2009, 05:38 PM
Thiggy sucks, he won't be in the NFL unless he becomes a wildcat specialist

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2009, 05:40 PM
but your right, he does play worse in the 2nd half. that doesnt excuse his often stellar play in the first half though

Yeah, those 2nd quarter stats are stellar:

51.8% completion, and a 79.3 QB rating.

He was somewhat competent in the 1st quarter (still with a shitty 56% comp %) and played worse as the game progressed.

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 05:41 PM
You can bring all the stats that you want to the table. but the guy kept us in games we had NO business being in

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 05:42 PM
We have all had a good laugh at Orton's left handed interception in the endzone. Go back and look at Thigpen's pass into the endzone this season. Sad, he never even looked to see if there was a defender nearby.

which pass?

Brock
08-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Who cares, he's all done here.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 05:43 PM

Some yes, but you cant argue the fact that he couldnt hit the broad side of a cruise ship most of the time...

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2009, 05:44 PM
You can bring all the stats that you want to the table. but the guy kept us in games we had NO business being in

LMAO

OK, man. Whatever you say.

DTLB58
We should trade Thigpen to the Titans straight up for Javon Ringer.

Yea I saw that guy against the Boys last week looked pretty good.

Jason, The new info guy on NFLN said that the Chiefs and Jags talked quite a bit today. The Jags offered a 5th Pioli wants a 3rd.

Reerun_KC
competent defense

The ability to play from under center in the red zone...

OnTheWarpath15
Who cares, he's all done here.

This.

But it's funny to see people get all butthurt over it.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Yea I saw that guy against the Boys last week looked pretty good.

Jason, The new info guy on NFLN said that the Chiefs and Jags talked quite a bit today. The Jags offered a 5th Pioli wants a 3rd.

Take the 5th and be done with it...

Shit agree on a 4th and lets get rid of the trash and move forward.

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Some yes, but you cant argue the fact that he couldnt hit the broad side of a cruise ship most of the time...

yes i can. his accuracy isnt the best, but by no means is he that bad. both the jets passes for tds come to mind.

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 05:48 PM
The ability to play from under center in the red zone...

the ability to stop 260 lb lendale white from running 80 yards. the ability to get a pass rush. the ability to stop the run. ability to stop the pass. the ability to stop anything..

Sure-Oz
08-26-2009, 05:51 PM
i cant' wait till we release him so we won't have goobers defending him all day

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 05:52 PM
the ability to stop 260 lb lendale white from running 80 yards. the ability to get a pass rush. the ability to stop the run. ability to stop the pass. the ability to stop anything..

Yeah its all the defenses fault that Thigpens number and abilities went to ass as the game went along...

:cuss: Damn you Gunther!

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 05:54 PM
Yeah its all the defenses fault that Thigpens number and abilities went to ass as the game went along...

:cuss: Damn you Gunther!

the defense played a big part in it did it not?

LaChapelle
08-26-2009, 05:55 PM
You know Huard looked good for a year. A year. That held up well.

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 05:58 PM
You know Huard looked good for a year. A year. That held up well.

huard is crusty. and had a better defense then. 15th or so iirc

LaChapelle
08-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Do you know KnowMo?

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 06:00 PM
the defense played a big part in it did it not?
It has zero bearing on his abilities or lack there of, but if you want to think so, then feel free...

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 06:02 PM
It has zero bearing on his abilities or lack there of, but if you want to think so, then feel free...

puts alot more pressure on essentially a rookie 3rd string qb to perform well, but whatever dude. just keep living in your fantasy world where thigpen did nothing positive for this team

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 06:06 PM
puts alot more pressure on essentially a rookie 3rd string qb to perform well, but whatever dude. just keep living in your fantasy world where thigpen did nothing positive for this team

Dude, now your making up shit to argue about...

This has become pointless... IF or when Thigpen gets traded, Come back and say hi every now and then, let us know how his and your new team is doing...

LaChapelle
08-26-2009, 06:08 PM
Gailey needs a raise.

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Dude, now your making up shit to argue about...

This has become pointless... IF or when Thigpen gets traded, Come back and say hi every now and then, let us know how his and your new team is doing...

you basically think thigpen is a terrible qb, yes?

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2009, 06:11 PM
ROFL

We didn't go into a shell. Check the gamelogs, and quit making excuses.

The gameplans sucked in the second halves. They may not have run the ball, but the passing game went from vertical to dink and dunk screen passes. And the fact that they refused to run the ball made their offense extremely predictable.

That's not an excuse. That's a fact.

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 06:13 PM
The gameplans sucked in the second halves. They may not have run the ball, but the passing game went from vertical to dink and dunk screen passes. And the fact that they refused to run the ball made their offense extremely predictable.

no trust me its an excuse. thigpen is a terrible qb. weewun says so

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2009, 06:16 PM

The Chiefs gave up 27 points per game in the last 8 games in the season.

Expecting a QB to score 28 points per game in his first 16 starts as a pro is asking a bit much, don't you think?

Titty Meat
08-26-2009, 06:18 PM
If Pioli gets a 3rd or 4th for Thigpen I will say he's the greatest GM KC has ever had before they even win a game.

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2009, 06:19 PM

While we're on "excuses."

The Chiefs had:
-A bottom 5 offensive line
-A bottom 5 defense
-The worst QB coach in the league
-An inept offensive strategist as a head coach

Are any of those points excuses or facts? If they're facts, then please tell me how any QB is supposed to play well under center against an offensive line that can't protect you playing in an offense that has no idea how to scheme and has to score 28 points to compensate for a defense that has no concept of how to stop anybody.

Those aren't excuses. They are very strong considerations for why the Chiefs lost so many games under Thigpen, just as they are equally as strong considerations for why they lost so many games under Croyle the year prior.

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2009, 06:20 PM
If Pioli gets a 3rd or 4th for Thigpen I will say he's the greatest GM KC has ever had before they even win a game.

I'd be fine with a 3rd or a 4th too. Anything lower than that is not worth it. Not when you have a QB you can't depend on to stay healthy as your backup.

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2009, 06:21 PM

I wonder why they may have not felt comfortable having Tyler sling the ball downfield?

Mr. Arrowhead
08-26-2009, 06:21 PM
wow who would knew, a qb that has 1 win under his belt has his own fan, how cute.

DeezNutz
08-26-2009, 06:22 PM
I'd be fine with a 3rd or a 4th too. Anything lower than that is not worth it. Not when you have a QB you can't depend on to stay healthy as your backup.

What if you can't depend upon the other QB to throw the ball with any sense of accuracy?

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 06:23 PM
The Chiefs gave up 27 points per game in the last 8 games in the season.

Expecting a QB to score 28 points per game in his first 16 starts as a pro is asking a bit much, don't you think?

and he didnt even start 16 games

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2009, 06:23 PM

The Chiefs had:
-A bottom 5 defense

Are any of those points excuses or facts? If they're facts, then please tell me how any QB is supposed to play well under center against an offensive line that can't protect you playing in an offense that has no idea how to scheme and has to score 28 points to compensate for a defense that has no concept of how to stop anybody.

Those aren't excuses. They are very strong considerations for why the Chiefs lost so many games under Thigpen, just as they are equally as strong considerations for why they lost so many games under Croyle the year prior.

They are excuses, as he was playing behind the same shitty OL, and with the same defense and coaching staff in the 1st quarter when he was "lighting it up" as he was later in the game when he was sucking balls.

But please, keep pining for a guy that you're butthurt over Pioli not wanting.

It's making my night.

Titty Meat
08-26-2009, 06:24 PM
Thigpen couldn't even rally the team to a comeback victory vs the Texans 3 stringers. How many games last year did he have the ball with a chance to win the game?

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 06:25 PM
I wonder why they may have not felt comfortable having Tyler sling the ball downfield?

yeah i know right! especially when had done it so well in the first half!

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 06:25 PM
They are excuses, as he was playing behind the same shitty OL, and with the same defense and coaching staff in the 1st quarter when he was "lighting it up" as he was later in the game when he was sucking balls.

But please, keep pining for a guy that you're butthurt over Pioli not wanting.

It's making my night.

thats a little bit sad..

Titty Meat
08-26-2009, 06:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcsQSBxiz9w

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2009, 06:27 PM

Oh, I don't know. Maybe it's because the coach that I already know you hate has a reputation for playing very conservatively in second halves? I'm a supposed "Herm lover" and even I know that.

Titty Meat
08-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Oh, I don't know. Maybe it's because the coach that I already know you hate has a reputation for playing very conservatively in second halves? I'm a supposed "Herm lover" and even I know that.

I'll bet you Thigpen threw the ball more in the 2nd half then the first half.

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2009, 06:31 PM

12 more passing attempts in the 2nd half than in the 1st half.

Argument not holding water.

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2009, 06:32 PM
I'll bet you Thigpen threw the ball more in the 2nd half then the first half.

He did, see above.

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2009, 06:33 PM
He did, see above.

More attempts in the 4th quarter than any other.

But when you only complete 50%, you're not going to win many games.

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2009, 06:33 PM
What if you can't depend upon the other QB to throw the ball with any sense of accuracy?

Without accuracy, he managed to keep the Chiefs in games. No one can explain it, but it happened.

So the answer to that is really easy. Uhh... how about you coach him? Haley talked about how he's learning to play under center and he's working on his fundamentals. If the kid can keep games close without any accuracy behind a horrendous offensive line with negative support from a defense, it's worth at least looking into what happens if he can learn proper mechanics. He's not the first or last QB to struggle with accuracy early in his NFL career.

I dont have the answer on if he'll ever become accurate with better coaching. But I'm certainly willing to wait for him to work on it.

Titty Meat
08-26-2009, 06:34 PM
More attempts in the 4th quarter than any other.

But when you only complete 50%, you're not going to win many games.

Hmm but Thigpen is the Chiefs Tom Brady/Kurt Warner!

Titty Meat
08-26-2009, 06:35 PM
It's a good thing a QB keeping you in games instead of winning them wins super bowls.

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2009, 06:36 PM
12 more passing attempts in the 2nd half than in the 1st half.

Argument not holding water.

Why are you convinced that "conservative" means "run-happy"?

When the Chiefs threw, they stopped running intermediate-to-deep routes and threw mostly 5-yard hitch routes to Bowe or Bradley. I can't remember a single trick play run in the second half of games. And when the game mattered most, they usually opted to run the ball to milk the clock in the late 4th quarter.

And by the way, when you pass all the time, the defense knows what's coming. Classic Mike Martz.

DeezNutz
08-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Without accuracy, he managed to keep the Chiefs in games. No one can explain it, but it happened.

So the answer to that is really easy. Uhh... how about you coach him? Haley talked about how he's learning to play under center and he's working on his fundamentals. If the kid can keep games close without any accuracy behind a horrendous offensive line with negative support from a defense, it's worth at least looking into what happens if he can learn proper mechanics. He's not the first or last QB to struggle with accuracy early in his NFL career.

I dont have the answer on if he'll ever become accurate with better coaching. But I'm certainly willing to wait for him to work on it.

I'd imagine the number of QBs with really poor fundaments who are suddenly and substantially "coached up" is really, really low.

So we're in the position of having to want in one hand, shit in the other.

Meanwhile, I'll take the draft pick.

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2009, 06:37 PM
It's a good thing a QB keeping you in games instead of winning them wins super bowls.

How many QBs are expected to carry their teams in their first 16 games as a pro? Without an offensive line. Without a running game. Without a defense?

Titty Meat
08-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Yup a 5th for Thigpen. Draft Waters replacement and see if you can dump him for a 2nd or 3rd.

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 06:38 PM

nice video. one thing i noticed was that he threw under center in about half those plays...

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Why are you convinced that "conservative" means "run-happy"?

When the Chiefs threw, they stopped running intermediate-to-deep routes and threw mostly 5-yard hitch routes to Bowe or Bradley. I can't remember a single trick play run in the second half of games. And when the game mattered most, they usually opted to run the ball to milk the clock in the late 4th quarter.

And by the way, when you pass all the time, the defense knows what's coming. Classic Mike Martz.

WHEN YOU ONLY COMPLETE 40% OF YOUR PASSES OVER 10 YARDS, WHY IN GOD'S NAME WOULD YOU CONTINUE TO CALL FOR DEEP ROUTES?

That's THIGPEN'S fault, not the coaching staff's.

Why ask the kid to do something he's proven he CAN'T DO?

Titty Meat
How many QBs are expected to carry their teams in their first 16 games as a pro? Without an offensive line. Without a running game. Without a defense?

You could have Randy Moss & Wes Welker it wouldn't have mattered when your QB isn't accurate. Thigpen had a Hall of Fame tight end throw 5 yard routes and could only complete it 54%.

Mr. Arrowhead
nice video. one thing i noticed was that he threw under center in about half those plays...

With only about 50% accuracy Tyler

Titty Meat
08-26-2009, 06:41 PM
With only about 50% accuracy Tyler

Those were all of Thigpens completeions the whole season.

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2009, 06:42 PM
I'd imagine the number of QBs with really poor fundaments who are suddenly and substantially "coached up" is really, really low.

So we're in the position of having to want in one hand, shit in the other.

Meanwhile, I'll take the draft pick.

But how many QBs could have made last year's abomination of an offense competitive? Huard couldn't. Croyle couldn't. It's beyond fundamentals. He's got the leadership and confidence I never saw in Croyle that lead me to believe he has the upside to be a good QB IF he can coach up some of his mechanical flaws. That's a very big IF, but I'd rather have that IF at #3 than have a guy like Guttierrez, whose upside is a career backup and whose most likely role on any team is to be a #3 the rest of his career.

And worst case, if he doesn't develop, you have a durable QB who can stay healthy in an era when the offensive line can't be trusted to protect anybody. You win either way.

Titty Meat
08-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Huard won as many games last year as Thigpen.

ModSocks
08-26-2009, 06:45 PM

Wow. the comments on that video are terrible. Jesus, the avg fan is pretty dumb.

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 06:46 PM
WHEN YOU ONLY COMPLETE 40% OF YOUR PASSES OVER 10 YARDS, WHY IN GOD'S NAME WOULD YOU CONTINUE TO CALL FOR DEEP ROUTES?

THIGPEN WAS A FUCKING 3RD STRING 2ND YEAR MAN WITH HIS FIRST STARTS

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2009, 06:46 PM
But how many QBs could have made last year's abomination of an offense competitive? Huard couldn't. Croyle couldn't. It's beyond fundamentals. He's got the leadership and confidence I never saw in Croyle that lead me to believe he has the upside to be a good QB IF he can coach up some of his mechanical flaws. That's a very big IF, but I'd rather have that IF at #3 than have a guy like Guttierrez, whose upside is a career backup and whose most likely role on any team is to be a #3 the rest of his career.

And worst case, if he doesn't develop, you have a durable QB who can stay healthy in an era when the offensive line can't be trusted to protect anybody. You win either way.

You probably shouldn't be allowed to use the word "win" when discussing Tyler Thigpen.

But to close this out:

Pioli's a fucking genius for bringing in a QB he knows in Cassel, but is dead wrong in bringing in another QB he knows over Thigpen.

Can't have it both ways.

Groves
08-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Thigpen is a duel threat

Like...with these?? I thought Brodie was our gunslinger.

http://yuliasspecialplace.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/6_cased_pair_of_irish_flintlock_dueling_pistols.jpg

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2009, 06:47 PM

Why in God's name? How about because it was working in the first half.

The Chiefs went from aggressively scoring points in the first half, to passively trying to dink-and-dunk and protect the lead. How can you not have seen that? It was as clear as day.

It's funny that Herm Edwards is so evil to you when it's convenient for you. But here you have a clear example of Herm Edwards' gameplanning hurting the team, and you refuse to acknowledge it.

DeezNutz
08-26-2009, 06:48 PM

The part you're overlooking, however, is that a big reason that the offense was an abomination is because it had to be substantially altered to allow Thigpen to have any hope of doing something productive.

Pistol? Motherfuck.

But what choice was there after Atlanta...

If TT could do anything out of a pro-style offense, I'm confident the O, as a whole, would have looked much better. For example, we would (or should) have been a far more effective running team.

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2009, 06:50 PM
The part you're overlooking, however, is that a big reason that the offense was an abomination is because it had to be substantially altered to allow Thigpen to have any hope of doing something productive.

Pistol? Mother****.

But what choice was there after Atlanta...

If TT could do anything out of a pro-style offense, I'm confident the O, as a whole, would have looked much better. For example, we would (or should) have been a far more effective running team.

I'm not overlooking it.

Watch the games before Thigpen played. The offense was an absolute abomination. Moving THigpen to the shotgun was the only thing keeping the Chiefs from having a 3rd QB killed before the halfway point of the season even started.

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2009, 06:51 PM
THIGPEN WAS A FUCKING 3RD STRING 2ND YEAR MAN WITH HIS FIRST STARTS

And?

Shaun Hill was a 3rd stringer behind Alex Smith and JT O'Sullivan, and stepped in quite nicely in SF.

62% completion, over 2,000 yards, and a 88 Rating in 9 starts.

Matt Cassel hadn't stepped on the field since HS, yet was successful in NE.

Being his first starts doesn't automatically resign him to failure.

His lack of talent does.

DeezNutz
08-26-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm not overlooking it.

Watch the games before Thigpen played. The offense was an absolute abomination. Moving THigpen to the shotgun was the only thing keeping the Chiefs from having a 3rd QB killed before the halfway point of the season even started.

Nonsense.

Huard retired without telling anyone, and Croyle is made of glass.

Praising Thigpen for surviving, while comparing him to the two above, is disingenuous praise.

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2009, 06:54 PM

The Chiefs had:
-A bottom 5 defense

Those aren't excuses. They are very strong considerations for why the Chiefs lost so many games under Thigpen, just as they are equally as strong considerations for why they lost so many games under Croyle the year prior.The gameplans sucked in the second halves. They may not have run the ball, but the passing game went from vertical to dink and dunk screen passes. And the fact that they refused to run the ball made their offense extremely predictable.

That's not an excuse. That's a fact.How can you be this dumb and function on a daily basis?

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Why in God's name? How about because it was working in the first half.

The Chiefs went from aggressively scoring points in the first half, to passively trying to dink-and-dunk and protect the lead. How can you not have seen that? It was as clear as day.

It's funny that Herm Edwards is so evil to you when it's convenient for you. But here you have a clear example of Herm Edwards' gameplanning hurting the team, and you refuse to acknowledge it.

He was 40% on attempts over 10 yards for the ENTIRE GAME.

This wasn't a 2nd half phenomenon.

He had fewer attempts in the 1st quarter than any other. Yet they were wheeling and dealing - wait, no they weren't, because Thigpen only completed 40% of his passes over 10 yards over the course of the ENTIRE game.

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2009, 06:55 PM
I'd be fine with a 3rd or a 4th too. LMAO

OnTheWarpath15
Nonsense.

Praising Thigpen for surviving, while comparing him to the two above, is disingenuous praise.

THIS.

Titty Meat
Wasn't the season high in points vs Denver with 33? Huard was the QB that game.

OnTheWarpath15
How can you be this dumb and function on a daily basis?

Great question.

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Nonsense.

I'm not praising Thigpen for surviving. I'm merely pointing out the obvious fact that the Chiefs moved to an offense that would better protect the QB because when you're down to your last QB, you can't afford to lose him.

But as for offensive performance, again, Thigpen's offense far exceeded the performance of the prior two. Pretty clear as day. And that includes Croyle's healthy starts in 2008.

Titty Meat
08-26-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm not praising Thigpen for surviving. I'm merely pointing out the obvious fact that the Chiefs moved to an offense that would better protect the QB because when you're down to your last QB, you can't afford to lose him.

But as for offensive performance, again, Thigpen's offense far exceeded the performance of the prior two. Pretty clear as day. And that includes Croyle's healthy starts in 2008.

Wrong. 33 points was the season high with Damon Huard as the Qb.

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 06:58 PM
And?

Shaun Hill was a 3rd stringer behind Alex Smith and JT O'Sullivan, and stepped in quite nicely in SF.

62% completion, over 2,000 yards, and a 88 Rating in 9 starts.

Matt Cassel hadn't stepped on the field since HS, yet was successful in NE.

Being his first starts doesn't automatically resign him to failure.

His lack of talent does.

shaun hill has a pretty good rb by the name of frank gore. maybe youve heard of him. they also had a much better defense than us to back him up. dont get me started on cassels talent around him, and the fact that he has had 3 years to learn from arguably the best head coach and qbs who ever lived.

DeezNutz
08-26-2009, 06:59 PM

Croyle didn't even play an entire half. How can you possibly compare his level of play to Pistol boy?

And Huard quit like a little bitch. One QB tried, and one didn't. Of course the former was better.

Seriously, we didn't move to the pistol to protect Thigpen; we did it to hide him and mask all of his flaws. And, apparently, it was pretty successful.

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Wasn't the season high in points vs Denver with 33? Huard was the QB that game.

didnt we score more than that on buffalo?

Titty Meat
08-26-2009, 07:01 PM
Nope 31 vs Buffalo.

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Nope 31 vs Buffalo.

ummmm buffalo has a better defense?