PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Thigpen and Haley comment on trade rumors

Hammock Parties
08-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Or rather...they dismiss them.

http://kan.scout.com/2/892175.html

<table><tbody><tr><td valign="top">Trade rumors involving Chiefs quarterback Tyler Thigpen broke Wednesday. Warpaint Illustrated was at practice as Thigpen and head coach Todd Haley commented on the situation.
</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="3">
With the rumors swirling, where is Thigpen’s focus?

Thigpen: I haven’t heard anything. I haven’t heard of anything as of now. Right now, my focus at hand is the Seattle Seahawks. That’s what I’m focusing on right now. All of the other stuff I can’t control, so whatever’s going on around the league, whatever’s being said, I can’t control any of that. The only thing I can control is the way I prepare myself to play against the Seattle Seahawks.

Is it possible Thigpen might prefer going somewhere where he can compete for a starting job?

Thigpen: Right now I’ve got a job. Right now I’m going out each and every day and pushing Matt. Helping Matt to become a better quarterback, and make myself a better quarterback. Any quarterback wants to compete for a job. I mean, what quarterback wouldn’t? If you’re in this league and you don’t want to compete, you shouldn’t be in here. You’re in it for the wrong reasons. Whatever situation comes up for me, I’m going to take full advantage of it and look forward to my future.

Does Thigpen feel he's competing for a starting job in Kansas City, or simply a roster spot?

Thigpen: I don’t feel like I’m competing for a starting job. Matt’s been taking all the reps with the ones. I think that’s obvious. They signed him to a long-term deal. He’s the face of the franchise right now, so good for him. Congratulations to him, but right now, like I said, I’m competing for a backup spot on this team, and each and every day I’m going out pushing to make Matt better.

Is it frustrating that last season Thigpen put up a valiant performance and made plays as a starter, and now he’s competing to make the team?

Thigpen: It’s very frustrating, that’s the way the business works. Each and every year you’re going to have competition. I can’t blame the system the way it works, but right now my focus at hand is on the Seattle Seahawks.

HEAD COACH TODD HALEY

What will the quarterback rotation be for Saturday’s preseason contest against Seattle?

Haley: Everybody’s back healthy, so we’ll have to figure out a plan of action, but once we talk about that I’ll let you know. I don’t want to say something that’s not going to be without discussing it with my coaches.

Thigpen’s been practicing with the second team this week. Is that because he’s coming off an injury?

Haley: He missed some time, so it's a chance to get him back going again. When there’s four, generally there’s an odd man out. That’s just the way it is.

How has Thigpen looked taking snaps from under center?

Haley: I think he’s made progress, but I think he needs to continue to get better in that area. I don’t think there’s any doubt if you watch him play in the game against Houston, that he can make some plays with his feet. He was definitely a spark for the offense, but he needs to continue to work at that aspect of his game being a drop back passer. Some of his accuracy isn’t where it needs to be when he’s in that mode, so that’s something he’s been working on and needs to continue to work on. When [Thigpen’s passes miss], they miss high. That’s not always good for quarterbacks.

Any comment on the Thigpen trade rumors?

Haley: No. I’ll talk about the guys that are practicing. Period. That’s my job - coaching the best I can.

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <script> var premiumFlag = 0; </script> <!--end STORY DISPLAY-->

The Franchise
08-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Why does the Thigpen interview sound like Thigpen is actually interview himself?

Hammock Parties
08-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Why does the Thigpen interview sound like Thigpen is actually interview himself?

He's in his happy place...

"I'm pushing Matt...I am!"

Titty Meat
08-26-2009, 01:18 PM
I thought WPI didn't have press credentials?

Hammock Parties
08-26-2009, 01:19 PM
I thought WPI didn't have press credentials?

;)

raybec 4
08-26-2009, 01:19 PM

It sounds more like a prepared statement than answering questions.

nychief
08-26-2009, 01:25 PM
This subject line is misleading... they don't comment/address this rumor at all.

Bane
08-26-2009, 01:26 PM
Sounds like he knows he's gone already.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bane
08-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Screw the wild cat,put Brodie,tyler,and Matt all out on the field!!The super cat!!LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

KCDC
08-26-2009, 01:30 PM
I'd like to see Thigpen get a chance to showcase himself in preseason with Seattle. Frankly, I'd rather trade Brodie, but I'd like to get a draft pick for one of them.

Bane
08-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Were surely deep at QB,unlike many other years here in KC.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
08-26-2009, 01:36 PM
I'd like to see Thigpen get a chance to showcase himself in preseason with Seattle. Frankly, I'd rather trade Brodie, but I'd like to get a draft pick for one of them.

:Lin:

nychief
08-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Screw the wild cat,put Brodie,tyler,and Matt all out on the field!!The super cat!!LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

The THUNDER CAT, please.

MMXcalibur
08-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Y'know, you just go out there and give 110% and just support the team. Blah blah blah....

the Talking Can
08-26-2009, 01:47 PM
KK is on air know saying we should invent a new offense to capitalize on thigpen as a qb/wr/scat back hybrid....and he's fucking serious

King_Chief_Fan
08-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Were surely deep at QB,unlike many other years here in KC.
Posted via Mobile Device

relatively speaking of course

Ebolapox
08-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

fuck the super cat, sign jared lorenzen, trade for jamarcus russell, and put both of em' in the same backfield... the thunder cat

Bane
08-26-2009, 02:08 PM
The THUNDER CAT, please.

DAMNNIT!!!!!I forgot all about them!!!!!! HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!:banghead:

Bane
08-26-2009, 02:09 PM
**** the super cat, sign jared lorenzen, trade for jamarcus russell, and put both of em' in the same backfield... the thunder cat

Hell yeah 900 LBS of QB :clap:

Deberg_1990
08-26-2009, 02:09 PM
**** the super cat, sign jared lorenzen, trade for jamarcus russell, and put both of em' in the same backfield... the thunder cat

Trade for Vick!

The Bad_Newz_Canine_ Cat!

Bane
08-26-2009, 02:10 PM
relatively speaking of course

Yeah,Im just saying we look good for quality clip board carriers.:clap:

wild1
08-26-2009, 02:20 PM
KK is on air know saying we should invent a new offense to capitalize on thigpen as a qb/wr/scat back hybrid....and he's ****ing serious

there should be institutions for people who think that

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Thigpen: Right now I’ve got a job.

Where's the Arrowhead that's supposed to be on your helmet, TYLER?

Just Passin' By
08-26-2009, 02:49 PM
I don’t feel like I’m competing for a starting job. Matt’s been taking all the reps with the ones. I think that’s obvious. They signed him to a long-term deal. He’s the face of the franchise right now, so good for him. Congratulations to him...

Thigpen's full of shit. We've been assured by the media that Croyle is pushing Cassel for that starter job.

LaChapelle
08-26-2009, 03:12 PM
The ****tard Royals are on 610 so I listened to KK some. I swore I heard them say the Jags offered a 5th but they are holding out for more. THAT'S INSANE. Take the 5th and run. Run like a thief with 3 rottweilers on your heals.

The Bucs have some QBs they want to move. Don't fuck around.

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2009, 03:14 PM
The ****tard Royals are on 610 so I listened to KK some. I swore I heard them say the Jags offered a 5th but they are holding out for more. THAT'S INSANE. Take the 5th and run. Run like a thief with 3 rottweilers on your heals.

The Bucs have some QBs they want to move. Don't fuck around.

Damn right.

Take that shit before the Jags give that 5th to the Bucs for a legit QB.

We have no leverage, the entire league knows he's probably going to be cut.

DaneMcCloud
08-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Damn right.

Take that shit before the Jags give that 5th to the Bucs for a legit QB.

We have no leverage, the entire league knows he's probably going to be cut.

I don't know about that. There are two more preseason games to be played and injuries are bound to occur. Holding out for a higher choice for a few more days seems like the right move.

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Thigpen's full of shit. We've been assured by the media that Croyle is pushing Cassel for that starter job.

By a lousy beat writer writing on a blog.

Cassel is the starter. Period. I don't know how anyone can even pretend like there's any kind of competition.

I believe Thigpen if he says Cassel's been working with the #1's all season. Why would he lie about that?

Extra Point
08-26-2009, 03:45 PM
Which NFL team has a QB like Thigpen as a starter? So few, that Thigpen's going to go cheap while on the practice team.

KCrockaholic
08-26-2009, 03:47 PM
We can pray that Thigpen goes out and has a great game Vs Seattle. If he plays well it just might help our chances in getting a 4th.