PDA

View Full Version : Football Roy Williams breaks collarbone

Sure-Oz
08-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Report: Roy Williams breaks collarbone

According to Profootballtalk.com, Roy E. Williams' shoulder injury is a broken collarbone.
He'll likely be out 6-8 weeks, which leaves the Cowboys awfully thin at receiver. They were already planning a ball-control offense, and now they'll have to lean on the running game even more. Matt Jones, who shares an Arkansas connection with owner Jerry Jones, remains the best receiver available. The Cowboys have resisted interest thus far. Aug. 27 - 10:28 pm et
Source: Profootballtalk at NBCSports.com

Jerry probably wishes he didn't release TO now

UPDATE-
X-rays negative, Williams done for preseason

Williams
The Dallas Morning News cites two sources as saying X-rays on Roy E. Williams' shoulder/collarbone were negative.
Profootballtalk.com heard from multiple sources that the original diagnosis was a broken collarbone, and the X-rays "unexpectedly" came up negative. He'll undergo an MRI on Friday for a more complete diagnosis. According to ESPN.com, Williams isn't expected to play again the rest of the preseason. We'll have for Friday's update to get a good read on his Week 1 availability. Aug. 27 - 10:58 pm et
Source: Dallas Morning News

UPDATE-----

Relief: Cowboys WR Williams is day-to-day

The Cowboys have listed Roy E. Williams (shoulder) as day-to-day.

It was feared that Williams had broken his collarbone, but the x-rays came back negative. The team is calling it a "shoulder contusion," also known as a bruise. He'll still likely sit out the rest of the preseason, but all signs point to Williams being ready to go for Week 1. Continue drafting him as a solid WR2. Aug. 28 - 11:32 am et
Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Buck
08-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Fuck

Bane
08-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Damn!Wasnt he supposed to be T.O part 2?:banghead:

Reaper16
08-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Fuck
Romo owner?

Ultra Peanut
08-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Now we can take advantage of our receiver depth and get a draft pick!!!!!!!

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Welp, Theres Marshalls new home.

Mecca
08-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Romo's numbers were going to go down anyway, go look at every QB's numbers and what they did after they lost TO.

Fish
08-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Yeah... Marshall has a raging hardon right now....

OnTheWarpath15
Another reason why it's retarded to conduct a fantasy draft any earlier than the weekend before the season starts.

Buck
Romo owner?

Nope, worse. Williams owner.

the Talking Can
08-27-2009, 08:48 PM
trade them thigpen, he's a wildcat or something...

Mecca
08-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Well look at the bright side, an owner who is really good at picking could get a couple of guys to stash on the bench that should be starters...

If you are good at picking sleepers so you can get by the first month you'd own the league.

Buck
08-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Well look at the bright side, an owner who is really good at picking could get a couple of guys to stash on the bench that should be starters...

If you are good at picking sleepers so you can get by the first month you'd own the league.

I have 5 WR on my Roster, with 3 spots to start.

Randy Moss
Roddy White
Roy Williams
Mark Clayton
Ted Ginn Jr.

Not sure who I sure start week 1 now for my 3rd slot.

Mecca
08-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Um Clayton is probably the obvious answer...but that isn't a bad WR group...

Go pick up Sam Hurd he had won the #3 job last I heard which means he'll start now, Martellus Bennett is another guy that'll get way more looks.

riskrevival
08-27-2009, 08:54 PM
lol:

Williams injured his left shoulder in practice Thursday night, the Associated Press reports.

The players weren't wearing pads, but Williams and cornerback Orlando Scandrick were involved in a goal-line collision that caused the injury. We'll let you know as soon as we hear news about the severity.

Buck
08-27-2009, 08:54 PM
Um Clayton is probably the obvious answer...but that isn't a bad WR group...

Go pick up Sam Hurd he had won the #3 job last I heard which means he'll start now, Martellus Bennett is another guy that'll get way more looks.

Hes had injury issues thus far and they said they think he'll start week 1. I don't think he's getting any more reps in the preseason.

Mecca
08-27-2009, 08:57 PM
Bennett is honestly a great sleeper pick at TE because with the lack of WR's he'll get split out wide and they'll do a ton of double TE stuff.

Felix Jones value is higher now too because if they can't find anyone else to play at WR they'll start splitting him out.

LaChapelle
08-27-2009, 08:58 PM
...and Jerry Jones saw it all on a billion dollar screen.

Bane
08-27-2009, 08:59 PM
...and Jerry Jones saw it all on a billion dollar screen.

That is too low!!!:banghead:

Basileus777
08-27-2009, 09:08 PM
The NFC East has some pretty awful receiving corps now.

Steve Smith and Patrick Crayton are #1 receivers....

Jim Jones
08-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Yahoo Sports is saying the XRays were negative. Florio, the ball is in your court, bub.

Mecca
08-27-2009, 09:09 PM
The NFC East has some pretty awful receiving corps now.

Unless you are a fan of the Eagles "midget speed" or think someone on the Giants is gonna break out.

DTLB58
08-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Another reason why it's retarded to conduct a fantasy draft any earlier than the weekend before the season starts.

Finally! Someone besides me who gets it. :clap:

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2009, 09:13 PM
CBS Sportsline isn't willing to commit. Just saying he injured it, and x-rays will be taken.

DTLB58
08-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Mr. Bowlen, This is Jerry Jones, I need a WR. :D

Mecca
08-27-2009, 09:14 PM
I actually think a couple of the Giants WR's have potential to be really good, so we'll see how long that takes.

Buck
08-27-2009, 09:17 PM
The only thing is I am relying on my strong WR corps because my RB sorta suck.

Willie Parker
Lendale White
Knoshown Moreno
La'Ron McClain
Fred Taylor

Sure-Oz
08-27-2009, 09:18 PM
X-rays negative, Williams done for preseason

Williams
The Dallas Morning News cites two sources as saying X-rays on Roy E. Williams' shoulder/collarbone were negative.
Profootballtalk.com heard from multiple sources that the original diagnosis was a broken collarbone, and the X-rays "unexpectedly" came up negative. He'll undergo an MRI on Friday for a more complete diagnosis. According to ESPN.com, Williams isn't expected to play again the rest of the preseason. We'll have for Friday's update to get a good read on his Week 1 availability. Aug. 27 - 10:58 pm et
Source: Dallas Morning News

Looks like a false alarm

Mecca
08-27-2009, 09:18 PM
The only thing is I am relying on my strong WR corps because my RB sorta suck.

Willie Parker
Lendale White
Knoshown Moreno
La'Ron McClain
Fred Taylor

So you used your first 2 picks on WR's eh?

Buck
08-27-2009, 09:21 PM
So you used your first 2 picks on WR's eh?

Nope.

Unfortunately, I am sharing this team with a friend, its a $120 league, and we did $60 each.

Hes the incumbent player so he got to choose first, and went w/ Tom Brady, I grabbed Moss w/ the 2nd, and we agreed on Roddy White for the 3rd since everyone else was pretty set at RB, then we got Parker and White, followed up by Williams.

Buehler445
08-27-2009, 09:22 PM
I actually think a couple of the Giants WR's have potential to be really good, so we'll see how long that takes.

You think Manningham is one of those?

Mecca
08-27-2009, 09:23 PM
You think Manningham is one of those?

Actually yea.

Mecca
08-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Nope.

Unfortunately, I am sharing this team with a friend, its a $120 league, and we did $60 each.

Hes the incumbent player so he got to choose first, and went w/ Tom Brady, I grabbed Moss w/ the 2nd, and we agreed on Roddy White for the 3rd since everyone else was pretty set at RB, then we got Parker and White, followed up by Williams.

For round 3 White is pretty good...you should have tried to grab Lynch, I know he's suspended and all but it would have given you a legit RB when he comes back.

Buck
08-27-2009, 09:26 PM
For round 3 White is pretty good...you should have tried to grab Lynch, I know he's suspended and all but it would have given you a legit RB when he comes back.

Lynch was gone by our 2nd round pick. We had picks 8, 16, 32, 40...

DeezNutz
08-27-2009, 09:27 PM

Nicks, FTMFW.

I took a chance on him with a late-round selection.

I scored big with Jackson in the final round of my draft last year, so we'll see.

Basileus777
I don't think Moss or Manningham will ever amount to anything. Hixon will never be more than a #2. Steve Smith is a good #3 or #2. It's too early to tell about the rookies, but I don't tihnk the Giants have anyone on their roster who is going to end up as a #1 receiver.

For this year alone it's definitely one of the bottom 5 WR corps in the league. After they lost Plax last year , the Giants offense (Eli in particular) fell off hard. If they had a legit WR they would be the NFC favorites, but they have such a huge hole there.

Mecca
That is weird as hell, Lynch always lasts till about pick 60 when I've been looking in on drafts.

Gadzooks
08-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Bennett is honestly a great sleeper pick at TE because with the lack of WR's he'll get split out wide and they'll do a ton of double TE stuff.

Felix Jones value is higher now too because if they can't find anyone else to play at WR they'll start splitting him out.

The Felix Jones option seems really good now. I could easily see them splitting him wide and using Choice to spell Barber.
They've got great depth at RB and this would be a great opportunity to utilize Jones' playmaking ability.
Steve Smith Jr.?

Mecca
08-27-2009, 09:28 PM
I don't think Moss or Manningham will ever amount to anything. Hixon will never be more than a #2. Steve Smith is a good #3 or #2. It's too early to tell about the rookies, but I don't tihnk the Giants have anyone on their roster who is going to end up as a #1 receiver.

For this year alone it's definitely one of the bottom 5 WR corps in the league. After they lost Plax last year , the Giants offense (Eli in particular) fell off hard. If they had a legit WR they would be the NFC favorites, but they have such a huge hole there.

I don't think Moss is even going to make that team..

I think Nicks will develop into a good WR...Manningham and Smith I think are both 2/3 options depending on if one steps up. Hixon is what he is and Barden is a giant wildcard who has a long ways to go.

Mecca
08-27-2009, 09:29 PM
The Felix Jones option seems really good now. I could easily see them splitting him wide and using Choice to spell Barber.
They've got great depth at RB and this would be a great opportunity to utilize Jones' playmaking ability.
Steve Smith Jr.?

Him and Bennett will both get used in roles like that because they have major talent inspite of having a player in front of them..

Bennett looks like Gates v2 out there.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2009, 09:29 PM
That is weird as hell, Lynch always lasts till about pick 60 when I've been looking in on drafts.

He's lasting to 45-50 in the mocks I've done.

Mile High Mania
08-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Denver needs to call Jerry now and say "How about our Crybaby"?

Buck

It was a little different because it wasn't an online draft. We all met in a room and put our picks up on a big board. I think that made it harder for people to realize who was left. Definitely a funky draft. Plus you had drunk guys just picking guys from their favorite teams.

Gadzooks
Him and Bennett will both get used in roles like that because they have major talent inspite of having a player in front of them..

Bennett looks like Gates v2 out there.

What do you think about Miles Austin?

Gadzooks
08-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Denver needs to call Jerry now and say "How about our Crybaby"?

Perfect fit (ala Pac Man) but what's that price?!?

Mecca
08-27-2009, 09:32 PM
What do you think about Miles Austin?

A friend mine is a Cowboys fan and last I heard..He was getting beat out by Sam Hurd for the slot job.

Austin doing kicks in preseason tells me he's the 4 and they're trying to keep Felix Jones healthy.

Priest31kc
08-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Fuck, I have him in one of my leagues. DAMN. The Cowboys have worse WRs than us now, for 6-8 weeks.

Buck
08-27-2009, 10:00 PM
****, I have him in one of my leagues. DAMN. The Cowboys have worse WRs than us now, for 6-8 weeks.

PFT changed their story. X-Rays were negative, he'll be back in a couple weeks.

Bane
08-27-2009, 10:01 PM
PFT changed their story. X-Rays were negative, he'll be back in a couple weeks.

Well there went the Marshall to Dallas thread!!!!:banghead:

Sure-Oz
08-28-2009, 10:06 AM
He is now day to day with a bone contusion/bruise and should be ready for week 1.

ct
08-28-2009, 10:12 AM

... or not have drafted Roy Williams at all. just sayin.

Easy 6
08-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Welp, Theres Marshalls new home.

Good call, Jones has the jack to make it happen & would give him carte blanche.

KCrockaholic
08-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Miles Austin is a guy I know Jerry Jones was excited about. This might be his time to shine also. Austin will move to #3 WR if Hurd keeps the #2 job now.