PDA

View Full Version : Football How far can you throw a football?

Hammock Parties
08-28-2009, 03:35 PM
The other thread got me thinking about this. A few months ago I went out to the local HS football field to see how far I could throw a football. I have well-muscled shoulders but I couldn't get it over 30 yards.

Are NFL quarterbacks just born with the ability to throw a ball 50-60 yards (this is about as far as I remember anyone on the NFL quarterback challenge throwing a football), or do I just have shitty mechanics or something?

How far can you throw a football?

Sofa King
08-28-2009, 03:36 PM
if the coach woulda put me in, we woulda won state, no doubt about it..

i bet you i could throw a football over those mountains.

http://www2.nwanews.com/blogs/slophouse/files/2009/08/uncle-rico.jpg

Titty Meat
Further than Chad Pennington

TFG
Zipped or floated?

I can throw a 20 yard zipped ball, and a 50 yard floater.

Buck
08-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Just tested this the other day. 30 Yards.

I have scar tissue all in my shoulder though, hurts like hell to throw a ball.

I can throw it 20 yards with my left, which I'm getting better at. No Pain.

L.A. Chieffan
kyle boller could sit on his knees and chuck it 85 yards across the field to the oppostie sideline which calculated usinig the quadratic fromual and other highly scientific methods he could throw a pass 192 yards.

OnTheWarpath15
In HS, I had no problem getting 50+ yards. But myself and the backup were treated like pitchers, and had specific throwing workouts to strengthen our arms.

If I tried to do that now, I'd dislocate my shoulder.

Old age sucks.

Hammock Parties
08-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Zipped or floated?

I can throw a 20 yard zipped ball, and a 50 yard floater.

See, I tried both. Neither went over 30. Maybe I don't understand the mechanics of floating a ball. I can throw it at a different angle but it still only goes 30 yards. :mad:

JuicesFlowing
Further than Chad Pennington

But with less accuracy. :evil:

CrazyPhuD
I bet Tyler thigpen can throw it 90 yards off his back foot....too bad it'll be off by 90 yards too.. :-/

rambleonthruthefog

lol:clap: love that movie. i was never able to throw a football very far. course i haven't tried in years. i always played RB and LB

TFG
kyle boller could sit on his knees and chuck it 85 yards across the field to the oppostie sideline which calculated usinig the quadratic fromual and other highly scientific methods he could throw a pass 192 yards.

Some of us think Kyle Boller for nothing was a better option than Cassel for a high Second and three times the cash.

Mr. Krab
08-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Technique > strength

In fact the term "Arm Strength" is almost a complete misnomer, it has almost nothing to do with strength of your arm at all.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Some of us think Kyle Boller for nothing was a better option than Cassel for a high Second and three times the cash.

:deevee:

JuicesFlowing
08-28-2009, 03:41 PM

Kyle Boller is ****ing awesome. (Only with one of the best defenses in the league.)

TFG
08-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Technique > strength

In fact the term "Arm Strength" is almost a complete misnomer, it has almost nothing to do with strength of your arm at all.

True. The "most muscular" QBs often have weak arms. Brady Quinn comes to mind. Someone claimed Quinn had a "strong arm." I responded that indeed, Quinn has a strong arm in the weight room, not on the football field. Quinn vs. Dan Marino, arm wrestling and then throwing the ball...

Bwana
08-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Further than Huard. :)

MOhillbilly
08-28-2009, 03:44 PM
40-50 yds. maybe more.

Hammock Parties
08-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Are doomy3 and Sofa King NFL quarterbacks?

OnTheWarpath15
08-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Technique > strength

True to a degree, depending on how you define arm strength.

Are you literally just talking about the bicep/triceps?

Are are you considering the shoulder?

IMO, and from experience, strength/stability in the shoulder is 100X more important than having a huge muscles between the elbow and shoulder.

MOhillbilly
08-28-2009, 03:53 PM
IMO, and from experience, strength/stability in the shoulder is 100X more important than having a huge muscles between the elbow and shoulder.

lotta skinny armed kids can throw a football.

keg in kc
08-28-2009, 03:53 PM
I bet I could throw one a hell of a long way.

And then my arm would fall off.

OnTheWarpath15
08-28-2009, 03:54 PM

That's my point.

I was one of those skinny kids.

MOhillbilly
I bet I could throw one a hell of a long way.

And then my arm would fall off..

itd be really funny if there were stick-um on the ball.

Buck
Before I injured my arm (playing baseball), I could throw a football at least 50 yards. Nowadays, I can throw the ball two or three times, but anything more makes my arm hurt like shit.

keg in kc
08-28-2009, 03:56 PM

itd be really funny if there were stick-um on the ball.That's why I wouldn't go straight from surfing the net to throwing the ball. I'd at least wash my hand first.

MOhillbilly
08-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Before I injured my arm (playing baseball), I could throw a football at least 50 yards. Nowadays, I can throw the ball two or three times, but anything more makes my arm hurt like shit.

maybe your just a weenie.

Hammock Parties
08-28-2009, 03:57 PM

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2005/10/22/sports/22croyle184.jpg

Demonpenz
08-28-2009, 03:57 PM
i thought i threw a baseball atleast 70 but a bunch of my friends were playing with a radar gun not long ago i threw in the 60's they didn't throw alot harder.

Buck
08-28-2009, 03:59 PM
maybe your just a weenie.

Nope. I'm pretty tall and big. I used to play QB when I was in Jr. High before getting switched to Tight End in High School. Now I'm just tall and fat.

Hammock Parties
08-28-2009, 04:01 PM
i thought i threw a baseball atleast 70 but a bunch of my friends were playing with a radar gun not long ago i threw in the 60's they didn't throw alot harder.

A few months ago I went out to the batting cages and got in the 80mph cage to see if I could hit an 80 mph "fastball." The first pitch whizzed by and I was IN SHOCK at how fast an 80 mph pitch gets on you. I fouled off a couple and got one solid hit in about 10 pitches. I got an incredible rush. I felt like calling up a major league team. ROFL

Buck
08-28-2009, 04:02 PM
A few months ago I went out to the batting cages and got in the 80mph cage to see if I could hit an 80 mph "fastball." The first pitch whizzed by and I was IN SHOCK at how fast an 80 mph pitch gets on you. I fouled off a couple and got one solid hit in about 10 pitches. I got an incredible rush. I felt like calling up a major league team. ROFL

Makes you appreciate guys hitting jacks off pitchers throwing 90+.

SAUTO
08-28-2009, 04:03 PM

ROFL rep.

Baby Lee
08-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Tight spiral is worth an extra 10-15 yards.

Hammock Parties
08-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Tight spiral is worth an extra 10-15 yards.

See, I can actually do that. I know how to do that thing with my finger to make it spiral. But if I try to throw it as hard as possible, I lose control and end up throwing a duck. :cuss:

Pablo
08-28-2009, 04:11 PM
I have long ape arms. The only true athletic ability I have is throwing things. Footballs, baseball, frisbees, anything. I can usually throw them hard and far.

My buddy bet me he could throw a football further and he was wrong. This was like 3 years ago, but I threw it 163 feet. That's like 54 yards.

ATM, I bet I'd be able to maybe hit mid-high 40's.

Pablo
08-28-2009, 04:13 PM
i thought i threw a baseball atleast 70 but a bunch of my friends were playing with a radar gun not long ago i threw in the 60's they didn't throw alot harder.Yeah, I hit 64 at the K Kid Zone and was severely pissed. But my buddy only threw 51 and we all laughed our asses off. It was fucking hilarious. 11 year olds were owning him. But he was crow hopping when he threw but we just keep letting him throw with bad form so we could ridicule him.

Buck
08-28-2009, 04:16 PM
See, I can actually do that. I know how to do that thing with my finger to make it spiral. But if I try to throw it as hard as possible, I lose control and end up throwing a duck. :cuss:

Which Fingers do you put on the laces?

When I threw it at my best (I still do this, just I have a weak arm), I put my Ring Finger on the first lace, and my pinky on the third lace.

Simply Red
08-28-2009, 04:18 PM
honestly 35 yards, a smaller ball, i can really toss far, i'm a gifted baller.

Mr. Krab
08-28-2009, 04:18 PM
You need to jackoff more to strengthen that those fingers and wrist.

Stewie
08-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Makes you appreciate guys hitting jacks off pitchers throwing 90+.

If you played baseball until you were 18+ you'd see 90 mph all the time. It was no big deal because every team's ace usually threw hard. When I faced a 15-year old who threw 95 at Sho-Me baseball camp I knew I was over-matched. All the coaches were blown away by the kid. He had no control which made batting against him rather unnerving.

Oh, and back in the day I could throw a football pretty far. I was a pitcher in baseball so my form limited me in throwing a football.

DeezNutz
08-28-2009, 04:24 PM
If you played baseball until you were 18 you'd see 90 mph all the time. It was no big deal because every team's ace usually threw hard. When I faced a 15-year old who threw 95 at Sho-Me baseball camp I knew I was over-matched. All the coaches were blown away by the kid. He had no control which made batting against him rather unnerving.

In the midwest?

I highly doubt you saw very many pitchers who actually hit 90. Very, very few.

If you're talking about Texas, California, or Florida, then maybe.

Valiant
08-28-2009, 04:27 PM
See, I tried both. Neither went over 30. Maybe I don't understand the mechanics of floating a ball. I can throw it at a different angle but it still only goes 30 yards. :mad:

That really sucks, keep practicing.. The average person should be able to at least duck the throw 30 yards..

Stewie
08-28-2009, 04:27 PM
In the midwest?

You don't know what you're talking about. So only kids in those locations can throw hard? Give me a fucking break!

Buck
08-28-2009, 04:30 PM
I only played baseball until I was 15 when I tore my arm out of its socket swinging a bat. I hit a homer though.

Valiant
08-28-2009, 04:32 PM
In the midwest?

I would think at least every HS team has one guy that can throw in the 90's for a fastball..

Pablo
08-28-2009, 04:33 PM
You don't know what you're talking about. So only kids in those locations can throw hard? Give me a ****ing break!No, he was probably suggesting there are a much higher volume of people and potentially gifted athletes in those regions so you'd be far more like to face the dude slinging balls at 90+ in those areas as opposed to the Midwest. Sort of the same equation with football players and basketball players...more likely to find superior talents in those states.

DeezNutz
08-28-2009, 04:35 PM
You don't know what you're talking about. So only kids in those locations can throw hard? Give me a ****ing break!

I know that few kids throw 90. Period.

The best baseball players typically come from warm-weather states, and I know plenty about youth sports to say that most claims of how hard a kid throws are completely incorrect.

wildcat09
08-28-2009, 04:35 PM
my little brother is only 5'9" and maybe 155 soaking wet but has long arms and he can whiz the chit out of a football. He also threw upper 80's as a pitcher. Its all in the mechanics.

DeezNutz
08-28-2009, 04:36 PM
I would think at least every HS team has one guy that can throw in the 90's for a fastball..

No chance.

Stewie
08-28-2009, 04:36 PM
No, he was probably suggesting there are a much higher volume of people and potentially gifted athletes in those regions so you'd be far more like to face the dude slinging balls at 90+ in those areas as opposed to the Midwest. Sort of the same equation with football players and basketball players...more likely to find superior talents in those states.

I was speaking of 18 +/- yo players who play at the highest levels, volume doesn't count. In KC it's Ban Johnson. If you aren't throwing around 90 you ain't pitching unless you have impeccable stuff.

wildcat09
08-28-2009, 04:37 PM

The best baseball players typically come from warm-weather states, and I know plenty about youth sports to say that most claims of how hard a kid throws are completely incorrect.

I know a kid from my hometown that played at JCCC that threw 95 and he was considered a freak back home. He was drafted my the Dodgers two years ago in the 5th round.

wildcat09
08-28-2009, 04:38 PM

absolutely not

DeezNutz
08-28-2009, 04:42 PM
I know a kid from my hometown that played at JCCC that threw 95 and he was considered a freak back home. He was drafted my the Dodgers two years ago in the 5th round.

Exactly.

It's rare as hell for a kid to be throwing in the 90s, and those who do are playing at top collegiate programs or they are getting drafted.

wildcat09
08-28-2009, 04:45 PM
Exactly.

It's rare as hell for a kid to be throwing in the 90s, and those who do are playing at top collegiate programs or they are getting drafted.

MLB teams with draft a kid that throws 90+ even if he struggles finding the strike zone. They figure they can teach him location but you can't teach velocity.

Silock
08-28-2009, 04:49 PM
I have no idea. Maybe 40 yards on a good day.

CoMoChief
08-28-2009, 04:51 PM
about 55 yrds. i know I can hit someone in the endzone standing on the 50 yd line. Did it all the time playing flag football at MU.

A lot of it has to do with the size of your hands. granted theres technique in throwing a football, but have you ever seen the size of Elway's hands? that guy could wrap his gorilla fingers around the damn ball. no wonder he could chuck it 80 yds.

Silock
08-28-2009, 04:53 PM
I wonder how far Sasha Kaun could throw a football.

Hammock Parties
08-28-2009, 04:54 PM
about 55 yrds. i know I can hit someone in the endzone standing on the 50 yd line. Did it all the time playing flag football at MU.

A lot of it has to do with the size of your hands. granted theres technique in throwing a football, but have you ever seen the size of Elway's hands? that guy could wrap his gorilla fingers around the damn ball. no wonder he could chuck it 80 yds.

This might be my problem. The football feels a little big in my hands.

wildcat09
08-28-2009, 04:57 PM

you aren't one of the guys in the new Burger King commercials with tiny hands are you??

mlyonsd
08-28-2009, 04:58 PM
When I was a sophomore in HS our coach had a pitcher from the local college (where Splittorf came from) come out and throw batting practice one time.

I was in the on deck circle when he warmed up. It was hot and we all had our shirts off. It was also back in the day when all the cool guys wore gold chains. I remember the guy getting in the batters box and the first pitch this college guy throws is a wild fast ball. The batter threw himself backwards and the ball clipped his gold chain. Between him going backwards and the speed of the ball the chain broke and landed at my feet where I was standing.

I about crapped my pants and when it was my turn to bat I can't even tell you I remember batting.

After that, there was only one guy in our city that could throw 90mph and I successfully fouled one off before striking out the one time I faced him.

A 90 mph fastball is crazy.

Buck
08-28-2009, 05:03 PM
My friends cousin was drafted by the Red Sox, and the year after he retired due to injury I faced him.

He threw over 90 and had a mean curve ball.

I couldn't even see the 90 whizz by me, and the curve ball kept looking like it was going to hit my face before it broke across the plate.

CoMoChief
08-28-2009, 05:07 PM
I wonder how far Sasha Kaun could throw a football.

I'd like to see him try. If he's half as retarded throwing a football as he is playing basketball, Im more than sure it would be a great comedy sketch.

CoMoChief
08-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Good friend of mine a couple years ago got drafted 45th overall by the Red Sox.

Kris Johnson, LHP from Blue Springs, pitched at Wichita St. Actually recovered from Tommy John Surgery after his soph yr in college IIRC.

He's a lefty, throws about low 90's and has some stuff. I think he's pitching AAA Pawtucket right now.

Over-Head
08-28-2009, 05:21 PM
. I have well-muscled shoulders from all the wacking off I do
FYP :thumb:

Phobia
08-28-2009, 05:38 PM
I throw it far enough. Never really measured.

ZootedGranny
08-28-2009, 05:43 PM
The last time I measured, just over 60 yards, but that was a couple of years ago. I could still probably wing it, but my arm would be dead the next day.

listopencil
08-28-2009, 05:52 PM
A huge part of "arm strength" for QB's is just proper mechanics.

stevieray
08-28-2009, 06:05 PM
wuta, phob, coach and dole all have decent arms..

I can prolly thow it with some 'zip" for 20 and 45 all out on a really good day.

I'm old.

KCrockaholic
08-28-2009, 06:24 PM
50 to 60 yards is my max. I havent done this for a while now. Im very certain I could throw it from mid field to the middle of the endzone atleast.

Direckshun
08-28-2009, 07:12 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C89uOeDL9Gw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C89uOeDL9Gw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Direckshun
08-28-2009, 07:16 PM
My issue is that I don't have consistent mechanics, and I have trouble throwing a tight spiral for a longer throw.

I'm more of a cornerback, folks.

A little north of 30 yards, 15 with any accuracy.

Spicy McHaggis
08-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Not that far, probably in the 35-40 range.

I actually lined up as a QB a couple times on our "gimmick" plays in High School but I just ran with the ball. I don't think anyone would have appreciated me trying to hit a guy on a deep post pattern.

mlyonsd
08-28-2009, 07:22 PM
wuta, phob, coach and dole all have decent arms..

I can prolly thow it with some 'zip" for 20 and 45 all out on a really good day.

I'm old.

If you can throw it 45 I can throw it out of Arrowhead from the 50 yard line.

Easy 6
08-28-2009, 07:40 PM

Dang! I knew i couldnt have gotten that in first.

KCrockaholic
08-28-2009, 07:41 PM
Check the size of your pointer finger. If your pointer finger is the same length as your middle finger you should be able to throw a mean, tight spiral. The best QBs pointer fingers are very long. Its the last finger to touch the football as it leaves your hand.

Hammock Parties
08-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Who the fuck plays catch with their neighbor? Are you gay? Sounds like a pre-emptive strike on his ass.

BigMeatballDave
08-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Now, 30 yards. 15 yrs ago, 50 yards. That was with a regulation NFL ball.

KCrockaholic
08-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Who the **** plays catch with their neighbor? Are you gay? Sounds like a pre-emptive strike on his ass.

Its the love of the game man. It doesnt matter who you play with as long as you just do it. Ill stick up for him on that.

Skip Towne
08-28-2009, 08:02 PM
I'd love to see some actual trials to compare to these posts. I'll bet we would see some big differences.

CCU2000
08-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Tyler Thigpen can throw the football 67 yards while standing flat footed! Thats my thigga!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2861446

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2009, 08:06 PM

True for the most part. Blame that on not being able to play year round. Back in the late 80's played in a Legion wooden bat tourney in NE, that including myself, had 6 teams out of 8 with a guy that hit 90 on the gun. I do think its more common now to have guys throwing in the 90's than it was 10 or 15 yrs ago.

As for a football, probably about 50 yards. Being able to throw a good slider makes for having a tight spiral. Most people should be able to throw 30 yds. Its the distance between bases in baseball... for god's sake.

BigVE
08-28-2009, 08:08 PM
A good strong throwing shoulder/arm is something your born with or not...you can only "teach/train" so much, the rest is god-given. You can't teach someone to throw it 50 yards if it's just not in them. That being said, I used to throw a baseball in the upper 70's (nothing special) and could only throw a football 35-40 yards at best.

Hammock Parties
08-28-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm game, something tell's me gochiefs throws like a girl. I would say he probably throws off the wrong foot without stepping forward, turning his body and not getting a good leg whip.

I already admitted I can only heave it 30 yards. But I do understand how to throw with my legs. It's not rocket science.

BigVE
08-28-2009, 08:23 PM
I would say it doesnt come from the shoulder but the tension in the arm and the body moving forward.

Regardless...you either have the "hose" or you don't. If a guy has decent mechanics and can only throw a football 30 yards you can probably only teach him to throw it another 5 yards or so IMO, you can't teach him to throw it 50-60yards. You hear of some big league baseball players improving their mechanics and getting another 5-10 mph on their fastball but it was already in the upper 80's or so before that.

Skip Towne
08-28-2009, 08:26 PM
This thread reminds me of one I had several years ago about golf. At the time, not one pro golfer averaged 300 yds off the tee. But this site had 25-30 who could do it. Some of them with range balls.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
08-28-2009, 08:27 PM
I found my strength in my mid 20's when I played right field in slow pitch softball. I'm left handed and I could throw a runner out going from first to third base better than anybody in our county. I could throw a laser to third base because of the angle and being left handed, but I was just normal throwing to home plate. Now I concentrate on getting speed and turn on my bowling ball and I can still get a lot of zip on it when I want to. When it comes to throwing a football I could probably reach 50 yards with a good warmup. Your shoulder is definitely where the distance comes from.

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2009, 08:28 PM
I already admitted I can only heave it 30 yards. But I do understand how to throw with my legs. It's not rocket science.

Could be your grip. Instead of putting your fingertips on the laces, try putting your thumb on it. Helps for guys with smaller hands.

teedubya
08-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Technique > strength

Very true... On August 14th... I was throwing them about 50Yards...

My technique is pretty good, plus it depends on the football, and feeling it out, so that it will spin properly.

Not all footballs are created equally.

BigVE
08-28-2009, 08:30 PM
This thread reminds me of one I had several years ago about golf. At the time, not one pro golfer averaged 300 yds off the tee. But this site had 25-30 who could do it. Some of them with range balls.
LOL, no kidding. As soon as I saw the results of the poll I laughed. Most guys who think they are driving the ball 300 yds. have never really measured it out accurately. You have noticed that we also have some of the baddest men on the planet on this board when you read some of the "fight" threads. My arm was above average for a mid-level softballer at best, when it came to throwing footballs I left it to someone else.

teedubya
08-28-2009, 08:30 PM
That being said... I can't hit a golfball for shit.

Chiefs=Champions
08-28-2009, 08:36 PM
I play some qb and get away with throwing 40 yards.. Mind you on a good day i can throw between 45-50..

From my experience it comes down to technique and the speed of which you can move your arm.. Skinny guys can often throw far because they dont have much mass to carry, hence a faster thus further throw...

Easy 6
08-28-2009, 08:37 PM

:clap::clap::clap:

Yeah, an unusual percentage of guys here also seem to go anywhere from 6'2 240 to 6'5 260.

Skip Towne
08-28-2009, 08:37 PM
LOL, no kidding. As soon as I saw the results of the poll I laughed. Most guys who think they are driving the ball 300 yds. have never really measured it out accurately. You have noticed that we also have some of the baddest men on the planet on this board when you read some of the "fight" threads. My arm was above average for a mid-level softballer at best, when it came to throwing footballs I left it to someone else.

Yep. first liar doesn't have a chance.

morphius
08-28-2009, 08:44 PM
I'm going to guess I'm in the 30 yard range. The sad thing is that I think my wife when she was younger was in the 40 yard range, my BiL where catching balls from her, with us taking turns and both of our arms were worn out before hers.

Skip - My longest drive to date is 266 yards, but I only started last year.

Simply Red
08-28-2009, 08:48 PM
ok, I was real good at tee-ball, just incredible.

Simply Red
08-28-2009, 08:52 PM
reading that ->

55+
Blankey, CCU2000, DJJasonp, doomy3, dtforever, KnowMo2724, listopencil, Sofa King, Tylerthigpen!1!, Valiant, ZootedGranny

... may've changed my life. ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Mr. Kotter
08-28-2009, 08:54 PM
I tested it tonight at practice....57-58 yds (3rd try.) FTR, with absolutely NO accuracy whatsoever though.

Skip Towne
08-28-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm going to guess I'm in the 30 yard range. The sad thing is that I think my wife when she was younger was in the 40 yard range, my BiL where catching balls from her, with us taking turns and both of our arms were worn out before hers.

Skip - My longest drive to date is 266 yards, but I only started last year.

I won a state championship in high school (which I can prove) and I doubt I ever hit a 300 yard drive.

ChiTown
08-28-2009, 09:05 PM

I can't hit my driver for shit. Matter a fact, I took it out of my bag last year.

I can, however, hit my 3 wood a fair piece, though. Last weekend I drove the green on a short par 4 290 yard hole with the 3 wood. I can consistently knock my 3 wood about 255-260 yards.

I have no idea how far I can throw a FB anymore (probably less than 40 yards).

morphius
08-28-2009, 09:11 PM
I can't hit my driver for shit. Matter a fact, I took it out of my bag last year.

I can, however, hit my 3 wood a fair piece, though. Last weekend I drove the green on a short par 4 290 yard hole with the 3 wood. I can consistently knock my 3 wood about 255-260 yards.

I have no idea how far I can throw a FB anymore (probably less than 40 yards).
It is interesting how many people hit their 3 as long as they hit their driver, and normally more accurately. I think I can only can hit mine about 220 on the long side though.

Simply Red
08-28-2009, 09:12 PM
I have the best one-handed backhand w/in this immediate area plus eight additional blocks! OMG@

ChiTown
08-28-2009, 09:16 PM
It is interesting how many people hit their 3 as long as they hit their driver, and normally more accurately. I think I can only can hit mine about 220 on the long side though.

Generally speaking, I probably should be hitting my 3 around 235-240 yds, but I have a big swing (which also leads to a big hook at times). When I hit it on the screws, it really moves. For some reason, my 3 wood just works for me - while my driver just doesn't.

morphius
08-28-2009, 09:17 PM
I have the best one-handed backhand w/in this immediate area plus eight additional blocks! OMG@
I went two handed a long time ago, but I can pull off a good one hand on occasion. I would have loved to clock my first serve when it was really on, twas nasty fast.

morphius
08-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Generally speaking, I probably should be hitting my 3 around 235-240 yds, but I have a big swing (which also leads to a big hook at times). When I hit it on the screws, it really moves. For some reason, my 3 wood just works for me - while my driver just doesn't.
I still like to slice, but my bigger problem is getting my hands around fast enough and I end up pushing to the right. I'm getting better at it, but its taking time, and I don't get to play enough to really improve it.

DeezNutz
08-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Average NFL QB: 60 yards

Average CP Poster: 55 yards.

Simply Red
08-28-2009, 09:23 PM
I went two handed a long time ago, but I can pull off a good one hand on occasion. I would have loved to clock my first serve when it was really on, twas nasty fast.

SO yeah, next time you're in town, ping me, I have some good courts in which you can actually see the skyline. Ha. That'd be badass, based JUST on our conversation last yr. I'd bet we'd play pretty close.

Simply Red
08-28-2009, 09:25 PM
I still like to slice, but my bigger problem is getting my hands around fast enough and I end up pushing to the right. I'm getting better at it, but its taking time, and I don't get to play enough to really improve it.

109 mph. or there-abouts, I'm gifted w/ numbers and being psychic.

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Average NFL QB: 60 yards

Average CP Poster: 55 yards.

Expected something different?

morphius
08-28-2009, 09:28 PM
109 mph. or there-abouts, I'm gifted w/ numbers and being psychic.
LOL!

wildcat09
08-28-2009, 09:32 PM
reminds me of a poll I saw on sports nation on ESPN.......51% of Americans said they thought they could hit a homerun in a major league park with an aluminum bat.........bullshit

Simply Red
08-28-2009, 09:36 PM
ODDLY, that sounds right, huh?

Anyway, while it's bragging rights time for the boyz, i'll say, I only play what I play well,

legit @:
Dart thrower
Nine Ball
Corn holing
basketball (give me like 2 weeks)
throwing a football (actually, no joke, I can sling w/ accuracy)
long distance running (not phenomenal, but fairly decent for a beginner `38 minutes for four mis.)
tennis (my main gig)
uncanny punting skillz
I can still moonwalk

terrible @:
Bowling
Golf
Soccer
video games (though, legit @ Madden)
microsoft Excel
drinking
patience

Love life 6'1" CHRISTIAN MALE.

BigRock
08-28-2009, 10:00 PM

<b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6m036_football-with-mr-perfect-promo_sport">Dailymotion: A Typical Poster from ChiefsPlanet</a></b><br />
<div><object width="480" height="381" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x6m036_football-with-mr-perfect-promo_sport"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x6m036_football-with-mr-perfect-promo_sport" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="381" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br />

Hammock Parties
08-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Why do I picture gochiefs outside, right now, trying to throw a football just like I told him?

Because you're a fucking moron?

I know how to throw a football.

KCrockaholic
08-28-2009, 10:28 PM
Heres another question... How far can you kick a field goal? My record is 45 yards. Made it with plenty of room to spare. But I havent kicked it better than that yet. Im not much of a kicker.

Valiant
08-28-2009, 10:28 PM

Why can't he throw it 45??? I guess I am not seeing something.. Most people I play football with can all throw over 45 yards..

Valiant
08-28-2009, 10:29 PM
I'd love to see some actual trials to compare to these posts. I'll bet we would see some big differences.

LOL, I actually went out and made sure I could do it.. Got close to 65, but my arm kills me on those.. edit that was me running also, accuracy is not good at all throwing that deep..

KCrockaholic
08-28-2009, 10:37 PM
Chiefsplanet has lost a total of 10 pounds now from people going outside and trying to throw the ball as far as they can. gochiefs might be the next todd haley.

Dunit35
08-28-2009, 10:39 PM
I could probably toss the rock 40 yards, maybe. Once would be it, arm would probably dislocate.

doomy3
08-28-2009, 10:39 PM
I seriously don't understand the people questioning this. 55 yards isn't a problem at all.

Hammock Parties
08-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Chiefsplanet has lost a total of 10 pounds now from people going outside and trying to throw the ball as far as they can. gochiefs might be the next todd haley.

Maybe we should have a throw-off at the Planet bash. :D

Valiant
08-28-2009, 10:43 PM
I seriously don't understand the people questioning this. 55 yards isn't a problem at all.

I don't either, there are 3-4 guys from flag football on here that can chuck it that far.. Do they do it during the games?? No because their accuracy sucks.. Hell if you go past 35-40 yards my accuracy is horrible.. I can throw it further I just don't because it would be pick 6 or out of bounds..

Wutamess is good though that far and more.. Phil is not to shabby either..

Maybe I am just jaded by meeting the actual athletic or active people on the board??

KCrockaholic
08-28-2009, 10:44 PM

Go for it.

Valiant
08-28-2009, 10:44 PM

How many times have you actually thrown the ball?? It might be a steeper learning curve if you did not grow up playing football..

doomy3
08-28-2009, 10:45 PM
I don't either, there are 3-4 guys from flag football on here that can chuck it that far.. Do they do it during the games?? No because their accuracy sucks.. Hell if you go past 35-40 yards my accuracy is horrible.. I can throw it further I just don't because it would be pick 6 or out of bounds..

Wutamess is good though that far and more.. Phil is not to shabby either..

Maybe I am just jaded by meeting the actual athletic or active people on the board??

I need to try to make it one of these times when you guys play. I play in a couple leagues in BS, one indoor 5 on 5 and an outdoor 7 on 7 league. I've never been able to make it to the CP games though.

KCrockaholic
08-28-2009, 10:49 PM
I wish I could join the stuff CP does outside of the board...Living in Colorado makes that extremely difficult. It would be fun to play some flag football with some of you guys. Just to see what you got.

Hammock Parties
08-28-2009, 10:49 PM
How many times have you actually thrown the ball?? It might be a steeper learning curve if you did not grow up playing football..

I played plenty of flag football...I used to play flag football every weekend with my Jemimah's Witnesses buddies. ROFL

Valiant
08-28-2009, 10:51 PM
I need to try to make it one of these times when you guys play. I play in a couple leagues in BS, one indoor 5 on 5 and an outdoor 7 on 7 league. I've never been able to make it to the CP games though.

They are a blast, great group of guys that just like to have fun.. They played a lot of games out at mission south in kansas.. Which I hate driving in Kansas.. Wish they would go back to Raytown, there is a Popeye's right down the street.. Love their spicy chicken..

We will start playing tackle football here in a few weeks in the northland.. My friends have been practicing at Macken park, they take it way to serious and get tired of getting beat by the Iraqi team..

Valiant
08-28-2009, 10:51 PM
I played plenty of flag football...I used to play flag football every weekend with my Jemimah's Witnesses buddies. ROFL

Were you QB though??

Valiant
08-28-2009, 10:52 PM
I wish I could join the stuff CP does outside of the board...Living in Colorado makes that extremely difficult. It would be fun to play some flag football with some of you guys. Just to see what you got.

There are like 6+ of you in Denver.. Maybe you could hook up and challenge the dirty donk fans..

Hammock Parties
08-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Were you QB though??

Not often, but I learned how to throw a football.

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Not often, but I learned how to throw a football.

Apparently not.

Hammock Parties
08-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Apparently not.

You're saying everyone who knows how to throw a football can throw it 50 yards?

Bullshit.

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2009, 10:57 PM

Bullshit.

No, everyone who knows how to throw a football can throw it more than 90 feet.

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2009, 10:59 PM

Bullshit.

I suggested you change your grip since you have small hands.

Valiant
08-28-2009, 10:59 PM

Bullshit.

I think he means most people he knows can throw it over 30..

Hammock Parties
08-28-2009, 11:01 PM
No, everyone who knows how to throw a football can throw it more than 90 feet.

Let me get this straight:

I can throw a tight spiral, but I don't know how to throw a football?

That doesn't make much sense to me.

Hammock Parties
08-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Wow! that's sad

Playing football with your buddies is sad?

Hammock Parties
08-28-2009, 11:06 PM
Buzz is buzzed.

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2009, 11:11 PM
Let me get this straight:

I can throw a tight spiral, but I don't know how to throw a football?

That doesn't make much sense to me.

Yes, it wouldnt make sense to you. Throwing a spiral is a wrist thing... getting distance on it ... is a hip/lower body thing. Highly doubtful you would ever be athletic enough to combine the 2.

Hammock Parties
08-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Yes, it wouldnt make sense to you. Throwing a spiral is a wrist thing... getting distance on it ... is a hip/lower body thing. Highly doubtful you would ever be athletic enough to combine the 2.

How the hell do you even know how athletic I am?

greg63
08-28-2009, 11:15 PM
36575.99994 Millimeters.

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2009, 11:16 PM

Are you?

Hammock Parties
08-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Are you?

Athletic enough to move my lower body and my upper body at the same time. Jeez.

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2009, 11:17 PM

BTW, I am guessing, no... you arent ......

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2009, 11:19 PM

Materbating, doesnt make you athletic.

greg63
08-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Materbating, doesnt make you athletic.

ROFL

Gadzooks
08-28-2009, 11:20 PM

If I were you, I would have replaced Jeez with Gawd or gosh darnit. It would have been slightly less gay.

greg63
08-28-2009, 11:22 PM
If I were you, I would have replaced Jeez with Gawd or gosh darnit. It would have been slightly less gay.

...Wait, GoChiefs is a happy go-lucky kind of guy?

Hammock Parties
This thread is just like junior high. God dammit.

greg63
This thread is just like junior high. God dammit.

I'm guessing those were bad memories for you.

Hammock Parties
08-28-2009, 11:25 PM
I'm guessing those were bad memories for you.

I got through junior high by being the most annoying kid in school.

greg63
08-28-2009, 11:27 PM

This explains much about you. :D

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2009, 11:35 PM

wow.... never would have guessed.

Hammock Parties
08-28-2009, 11:42 PM
It was either that or become emo.

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2009, 11:43 PM
It was either that or become emo.

and you chose that?

greg63
08-28-2009, 11:46 PM
and you chose that?

I think the answer to this question is clear.

Phobia
08-28-2009, 11:56 PM
It's absolutely hilarious how many people throw it 55+. That cracks me up. I'll bet if all 10,000 users from this website showed up and threw a football we wouldn't see 14 who could throw more than 55 yards.

Hammock Parties
08-28-2009, 11:59 PM
It's absolutely hilarious how many people throw it 55+. That cracks me up. I'll bet if all 10,000 users from this website showed up and threw a football we wouldn't see 14 who could throw more than 55 yards.

They all have nine-inch wangs, too.

greg63
08-29-2009, 12:02 AM

I said 40, but admit that's pushing it.

Phobia
08-29-2009, 12:03 AM
They all have nine-inch wangs, too.

I'll bet 9999 of them enjoyed the pleasures of making love in a traditional sense.

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2009, 12:04 AM

I can throw a mini football ridiculously far. Unfortunately, I have small hands (my MOM!) but I can definitely fling it.

Next time I'm back in KC if I can find the time, I'd definitely put my ass on the line for a contest.

Phobia
08-29-2009, 12:06 AM
I said 40, but admit that's pushing it.

I'm not sure I can throw 55+ and I have a better than average arm. I've thrown from sideline to sideline on a high school field many times for which many on this site can verify. I don't even know how far that is though.

Phobia
08-29-2009, 12:07 AM
You know what they say about people with small hands?

Param
08-29-2009, 12:07 AM

Why? I can throw over 50 yards. I use to be in thel mid 60's. I personally believe it's one of those if you're born with it if u can chuck it far. A lot of people have bad mechanics and just the inability to throw it for distance.

greg63
08-29-2009, 12:08 AM
I'm not sure I can throw 55+ and I have a better than average arm. I've thrown from sideline to sideline on a high school field many times for which many on this site can verify. I don't even know how far that is though.

It is my understand that the width of a football field is 50 yards, but I, too, am not really sure.

ArrowheadMagic
08-29-2009, 12:09 AM

Blame mom?

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2009, 12:11 AM

No

Phobia
08-29-2009, 12:19 AM
Why? I can throw over 50 yards. I use to be in thel mid 60's. I personally believe it's one of those if you're born with it if u can chuck it far. A lot of people have bad mechanics and just the inability to throw it for distance.

I don't doubt you can throw it 50. I'm talking about all the Chuck Norrises who can chuck it 55+.

Param
Most people throw a footballl worth a damn in regrds to distance

Phobia
No

Small hands, good strummers.

ArrowheadMagic
08-29-2009, 12:26 AM
Most people throw a footballl worth a damn in regrds to distance

I dont think you threw a football 60+ yards...... now what do we do?

UsualSuspects
08-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Lie. Its CP.

Slainte
08-29-2009, 12:34 AM
Testosterone and prevarications: the ChiefsPlanet Way!

Valiant
08-29-2009, 12:34 AM

Most fields are about 160ft or 53ish yards across(that we play on), so yes I am positive you can throw it 6 more ft at least once, fuck you over throw me all the time when I go deep..

But I believe a few people on here can throw it at least 60yards.. Me, my accuracy sucks that far and you guys are more consistent QB's on deep passes..

Valiant
08-29-2009, 12:40 AM
I don't doubt you can throw it 50. I'm talking about all the Chuck Norrises who can chuck it 55+.

I don't think anyone is claiming to throw it 80 yards.. The problem is the way the poll is listed ending at 55+..

Hell you have thrown from sideline to sideline and Roger can throw it further then that.. I would say most active people peek around the 60's, from what I have seen playing flag and tackle..

ArrowheadMagic
08-29-2009, 12:47 AM
I don't think anyone is claiming to throw it 80 yards.. The problem is the way the poll is listed ending at 55+..

Hell you have thrown from sideline to sideline and Roger can throw it further then that.. I would say most active people peek around the 60's, from what I have seen playing flag and tackle..

Thats a little far...... 60's is pushing elite arm.... speaking from experience..... elite arms arent a dime a dozen...... now.... if you want to say.. they throw really well but no one knows for sure how far or fast hey throw because no one has measured it.... fine..... it tends to be shorter...slower than they thought. I will buy 50.... 60 is too much.... isnt happening.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2009, 01:00 AM
Dude have you ever watched the NFL quarterback challenge? There are freaking NFL quarterbacks who top out at 57 or 58 yards.

J Diddy
08-29-2009, 01:02 AM
Was it michael bishop who could chuck it 80?

pr_capone
08-29-2009, 01:09 AM
I can't throw a football to save my life. 30 yards TOPS with hurricane force winds to my back. Mars, Jupiter, and Alpha Centauri would have to be aligned as well to hit 35.

That is with ZERO accuracy. Its a toss and a prayer.

Now, I have kicked a 42 yard FG that bounced off the crossbar and over. That count for anything?

J Diddy
08-29-2009, 01:14 AM
I can't throw a football to save my life. 30 yards TOPS with hurricane force winds to my back. Mars, Jupiter, and Alpha Centauri would have to be aligned as well to hit 35.

Now, I have kicked a 42 yard FG that bounced off the crossbar and over. That count for anything?

The sad thing is that I can throw accurate. Accurate enought to put a 5'6" guy as a back up qb in high school (although I started at tailback). Problem was I was deadly accurate to about 20-30 yards. after that like you said it was a duck shoot. Plus if it makes you feel better I tried to get the starting fg kicker but I could kick high but not long.

Either my technique is piss poor or I'm a pussy.

Valiant
08-29-2009, 01:19 AM

That your tops is 42yards which is awesome.. You can now claim you can kick a FG 40+ yards..

Can you do it all the time?? No, but that is not the point I was trying to get across on the guys that can throw 55yards..

J Diddy
08-29-2009, 01:21 AM
That your tops is 42yards which is awesome.. You can now claim you can kick a FG 40+ yards..

Can you do it all the time?? No, but that is not the point I was trying to get across on the guys that can throw 55yards..

Dude the kicker who shall go unnamed here couldn't claim he could kick 40+ reliably.

kcxiv
08-29-2009, 01:36 AM
hmm... right now probalby about 40 yards maybe. If i got in shape a bit, i could chuck it 50plus i think. I know i used to be able to when i was a bit younger. I had a pretty decent arm. I was a pitcher as a kid in baseball. So, that helped as i was a starter. i had to throw alot.

pr_capone
08-29-2009, 01:38 AM

I've not hit another 40+ since. When I tried I would kick it nuts on center but always short.

I played FB anyway so kicking, or throwing for that matter, were not a really important part of my repertoire (yes I had to look up how to spell it). :D

kcxiv
08-29-2009, 01:47 AM
Dude have you ever watched the NFL quarterback challenge? There are freaking NFL quarterbacks who top out at 57 or 58 yards.

Throwing the football isnt hard for most people. its getting the accuracy they do thats the big thing. lol

Skip Towne
08-29-2009, 05:16 AM
High school, college and pro fields are 53 1/3 yards wide. Yes, I looked it up.

dellzip
08-29-2009, 07:41 AM
Not very far@

mcan
08-29-2009, 08:33 AM
I'm guessing about 40 yards or so. The width of the field is 53 yards, and I know I can't quite make it across that. When we used to go out and play in the old stadium at KSU, we'd set up the field so that our end zones were sideline to sideline, that way other groups could use the field too. We'd set up cones to mark "hard" first downs. SUPER easy to throw to the cone from the end zone, which after a small dropback is 30 yards. But REALLY tough to throw the 53 yards all the way across.

I'll go 40.

Bwana
08-29-2009, 08:38 AM
55+
88TG88 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=8125), Basileus777 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=7210), Blankey (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=9576), CCU2000 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=10763), DBOSHO (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=11938), DJJasonp (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=5805), doomy3 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=6083), dtforever (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=219), KnowMo2724 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=9969), LiL stumppy (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=2536), listopencil (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=1982), Mr. Kotter (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=571), Param (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=12257), Sofa King (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=10883), T-post Tom (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=1657), Tylerthigpen!1! (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=11805), Valiant (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=656), ZootedGranny (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=1180)

:BS:

My guess would be that 4, perhaps 5 people could do it, (No idea which 4-5) but 18......I call BS.

stevieray
08-29-2009, 08:45 AM

I challenge you to a throw off, good sir.

DeezNutz
08-29-2009, 10:34 AM
55+
88TG88 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=8125), Basileus777 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=7210), Blankey (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=9576), CCU2000 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=10763), DBOSHO (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=11938), DJJasonp (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=5805), doomy3 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=6083), dtforever (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=219), KnowMo2724 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=9969), LiL stumppy (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=2536), listopencil (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=1982), Mr. Kotter (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=571), Param (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=12257), Sofa King (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=10883), T-post Tom (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=1657), Tylerthigpen!1! (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=11805), Valiant (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=656), ZootedGranny (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=1180)

:BS:

My guess would be that 4, perhaps 5 people could do it, (No idea which 4-5) but 18......I call BS.

I guarantee, fucking guarantee I say, that I can throw a football a total of.................................................................................................. ..............................5 yards. Likely even 15.

DBOSHO
08-29-2009, 10:37 AM
i will confess...i gave myself prob 20 yds i shouldntve. i could prob punt close to 50 though

Pablo
08-29-2009, 12:49 PM
LOL...1 out of 5 people that voted in this poll throw it 55+.

I can throw and hit a 90 mph fastball.

I can drive 320..with a 10 mph wind in my face.

I can dunk a basketball. I am typical CP Poster.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2009, 01:01 PM

Don't forget the 10-inch dick and gallon jizz shots.

Slainte
08-29-2009, 01:09 PM

You left out "I can fuck any woman, any night i choose" and of course that time-tested favorite, "Every fight i've ever been in, I beat the living fuckin' shit out of my opponent"

Vive la ChiefsPlanet!

Skip Towne
08-29-2009, 01:10 PM
Don't forget the 10-inch dick and gallon jizz shots.

Or the 4.3 40

Pablo
08-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Don't forget the 10-inch dick and gallon jizz shots.And I forgot about the 6 figure salary and Lexus.

Stewie
08-29-2009, 01:26 PM
Exactly.

:rolleyes: Go watch the 18 year olds playing in the best leagues. 90 is not rare at all. I don't know where you're getting this idea that it's rare, it's definitely not. Hell, 85 mph is considered a slow fastball.

We used to set the jugs machine at 100 mph with both sides spinning at the same rate (knuckleball-ish). We called it the Ryan-Niekro express. That will test your nerves.

ThaVirus
08-29-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm 5'9'', 140 lbs. and can throw a little over 50 yards. Size and strength don't have a whole lot to do with it...

pr_capone
08-29-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm 5'9'', 140 lbs. and can throw a little over 50 yards. Size and strength don't have a whole lot to do with it...

Doug Flutie posts on CP?

Phobia
08-29-2009, 04:05 PM
Most fields are about 160ft or 53ish yards across(that we play on), so yes I am positive you can throw it 6 more ft at least once, **** you over throw me all the time when I go deep..

You lost a step because you're fat.

ThaVirus
08-29-2009, 05:33 PM
Doug Flutie posts on CP?

You're a douche.. But yes, I am Doug Flutie

pr_capone
08-29-2009, 05:57 PM
You're a douche.. But yes, I am Doug Flutie

ROFL

DeezNutz
08-29-2009, 06:04 PM
:rolleyes: Go watch the 18 year olds playing in the best leagues. 90 is not rare at all. I don't know where you're getting this idea that it's rare, it's definitely not. Hell, 85 mph is considered a slow fastball.

We used to set the jugs machine at 100 mph with both sides spinning at the same rate (knuckleball-ish). We called it the Ryan-Niekro express. That will test your nerves.

If you're saying that the top college players in the country, 18-year-olds, are often throwing 90, fine.

But specify this. To say 18-year-olds more generally is not accurate. This is average HS senior age, and most are not throwing anywhere near this, especially in the states of KS, MO, etc. There's not a wealth of baseball talent in the middle of the country.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2009, 07:23 PM
How far do you think Thigpen can throw it?

VAChief
08-29-2009, 07:42 PM
The poll should have been how far could you throw in your prime...I couldn't throw it 55 yards now and in even in my prime it wouldn't have been consistently that far. I was a pitcher and was usually clocked in the low to mid 80's in high school, topping out occasionally higher but if I had a good grip I could top that distance in high school and college.

VAChief
08-29-2009, 07:47 PM
If you're saying that the top college players in the country, 18-year-olds, are often throwing 90, fine.

But specify this. To say 18-year-olds more generally is not accurate. This is average HS senior age, and most are not throwing anywhere near this, especially in the states of KS, MO, etc. There's not a wealth of baseball talent in the middle of the country.

You are certainly correct about the high schoolers, most do not throw 90, the average is probably in the low to mid 70's. I don't think the average fan as any clue as to how fast 80 mph is nevermind 90! I would disagree about the midwest talent. I played against three guys in hs (Springfield) that played in the major leagues and one was the 13th pick overall in 82 or 83. The south and California has the advantage of longer playing seasons for sure, but to say there isn't a wealth of talent in the midwest is a stretch (unless you don't count Oklahoma as part of the middle.

Phobia
08-29-2009, 11:44 PM
The poll should have been how far could you throw in your prime...I couldn't throw it 55 yards now and in even in my prime it wouldn't have been consistently that far. I was a pitcher and was usually clocked in the low to mid 80's in high school, topping out occasionally higher but if I had a good grip I could top that distance in high school and college.

Even in my prime, I wasn't anywhere near 50 yards. I didn't know I could throw 53+ yards until last fall at 37 years old. I've seen NFL QB challenges where starting QB's threw 54 at their max.

RNR
08-30-2009, 04:14 PM
Even in my prime, I wasn't anywhere near 50 yards. I didn't know I could throw 53+ yards until last fall at 37 years old. I've seen NFL QB challenges where starting QB's threw 54 at their max.

I once made a bet with some guys I coached with I could throw a football from the 45 yard line to the opposite end zone and clear the cross bar, I ask for three tries. The first try I bounced it off the cross bar backwards the second cleared it. That is 65 yards to the crossbar. I made that throw in my mid thirties. I have no idea how far I could throw in my prime as I played running back and defensive back. I could always throw a football or a baseball pretty far the where is it going to land was a problem.

Coach
08-30-2009, 04:16 PM
I challenge you to a throw off, good sir.

I would gladly take that challenge, my friend.

And I'm pretty sure I can throw 50.

Hammock Parties
08-30-2009, 04:34 PM
You guys need to video tape this shit.

Hootie
08-30-2009, 04:50 PM
arm strength has nothing to do with actually being strong...

I never lifted much in high school..didn't interest me...but I've always naturally had a good arm and can throw a baseball 80 MPH...

In high school when I pitched I could throw around 72 MPH consistently...but once I hit my "baseball prime" I started throwing 80 MPH and I cannot believe there are people out there that can throw a baseball 100 MPH because I feel like I'm throwing it a million miles per hour.

Hootie
08-30-2009, 04:52 PM
with a football? Shit...I threw the football around with my friend the other day...it's just a whole different beast. I have about the same arm as my roommate in baseball...but no doubt can he throw the football further than me...I bet he can throw 50 yards...I'd probably only make it 40 or 45...but I'm also 24 and in good condition...I won a $5 bet with some friends the other day at a softball field that I could throw a baseball from home plate over the right field fence (300 feet) and cleared it by 10 feet. I was impressed with myself.

CosmicPal
08-30-2009, 06:57 PM

They top out at 60-65 yards.

The average NFL caliber QB can throw, on the average- 50-60 yards.

I used to play QB. When I was in my mid-late teens, I could throw a football 45 yards.

I wasn't a big kid either, but I had a couple of things help me build a throwing arm: golf, and being a pitcher/third-baseman in baseball most of my life. During that same time, my fastest pitch was clocked at 83 mph. Regularly, however, I was throwing 65-75 mph.

Today though- fat chance I get anywhere near 40 yards. I've got back problems, knee problems, and haven't worked out since the Bush administration. (You guess which Bush)

True story: I actually won a passing contest in the parking lot at Fuzzy's South late one night. Some guys were passing a football around in the parking lot while waiting for their friends to come out. I challenged them to a passing contest which they obliged. Next thing we knew, a few other guys wanted in. Everyone pitched in ten bucks, and I out-threw the second-place guy by ten yards. Won over a hundred dollars that night. :D

I phucking hate getting old though. If I try to throw it a mere 25 yards now, my back will go out like a teenager without a curfew.

KCrockaholic
08-30-2009, 07:04 PM
The furtherest an NFL QB can throw in this league is probably 75 yards. I know most of the best can throw 70 on good days.

stevieray
08-30-2009, 07:11 PM
I would gladly take that challenge, my friend.

And I'm pretty sure I can throw 50.

I was talking to the geezer..I already gave you props in this thread.

Coach
08-30-2009, 07:22 PM
I was talking to the geezer..I already gave you props in this thread.

Oh you did? I must had missed it. My apologies.

stevieray
08-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Oh you did? I must had missed it. My apologies.

:)

Coach
08-30-2009, 07:26 PM
:)

Heh, still, I'd be glad to join in if I had the chance. It'd be fun if I could get a chance to stand at the 50 yard line at Arrowhead and try to chuck it to the end zone while there are fans watching it. It'd be an different experience than say, 10-20 people on hand.

teedubya
08-30-2009, 07:28 PM
We should do a football toss competition at Joe's CP Bash this year.

RNR
08-30-2009, 08:10 PM
They top out at 60-65 yards.

The average NFL caliber QB can throw, on the average- 50-60 yards.

Russell of Oakland can throw 65 yards on his knees and did so in front of NFL scouts. I could throw the numbers you are talking about and I was no where near an NFL QB

CosmicPal
08-30-2009, 08:18 PM
Russell of Oakland can throw 65 yards on his knees and did so in front of NFL scouts. I could throw the numbers you are talking about and I was no where near an NFL QB

The average NFL QB can throw 60 yards.

In comparison, the average pro golfer can drive 265-275 yds. Tiger Woods likely averages 290 yds.

wutamess
08-30-2009, 10:24 PM
I can get it about 55-60 yards tonight if needed.