PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Whitlock - lol @ Thigpen

Hammock Parties
08-29-2009, 11:18 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1413054.html

The upside to Matt Cassel’s leg injury is that we’ll never again hear Tyler Thigpen supporters compare the Coastal Carolina grad to Rich Gannon.

The Thigpen fantasy evaporated Saturday night inside Arrowhead Stadium.

In Kansas City’s third and most important exhibition, Cassel limped off the field after KC’s third offensive play. The Seattle Seahawks slammed Cassel to the turf, and The Sixty Million Dollar Man struggled to his feet, dragged his left leg back to the huddle and then called a timeout with his teammates at the line of scrimmage prepared for the next play.

Cassel exited directly to the locker room. Of course, given general manager Scott Pioli’s affinity for the Patriots Way, we’ll never learn the extent or true nature of Cassel’s injury.

What we do know is that Cassel’s injury opened the door for 2-14 legend Tyler Thigpen, KC’s QB of the future, according to a vocal minority of fans who see the next Rich Gannon every time a Chiefs quarterback scrambles for more than 5 yards.

A year ago, Thigpen put up mediocre stats during Kansas City’s horrific season. With offensive coordinator Chan Gailey forced to institute the spread, Thigpen tossed 18 touchdowns and 12 interceptions while completing 55 percent of his passes.

Rational people with a modicum of football intellect realized Thigpen’s arm strength and accuracy limited him to operating in the spread. He can’t excel in a traditional NFL offense.

He’s Vince Young Lite. Thigpen is a decent athlete with a suspect arm. He’s a backup, a nice change of pace, a stopgap.

You could see that Saturday night against the Seahawks.

Seattle is a rebuilding team similar to the Chiefs. The Seattle defense is average. With Thigpen under center for a half, the Chiefs managed to botch a couple of field-goal attempts and punt the ball four times.

Thigpen connected on seven of 12 passes for 51 yards. He tossed a couple of ducks. On a simple boot, he overthrew fullback Jed Collins. Thigpen underthrew a deep ball to Devard Darling when Darling had a step and a half on a defender. On a screen pass, Thigpen dumped the ball at the running back’s feet.

Should Thigpen be released? No. There’s a role for him in the NFL. There’s a role for him on the Chiefs’ roster. Thigpen is durable. He’s available.

Remember Marty Schottenheimer’s saying about “availability being as important as ability?”

We know Brokie Croyle can’t survive behind Kansas City’s line. And we know Kansas City’s line is going to get much better this season. The Miami Castaways — Andy Alleman and Ikechuku Ndukwe — are signs of trouble, not solutions.

And now there are concerns about Cassel’s durability. Heck, there are concerns about Cassel’s availability. His injury didn’t look all that serious. But, as far as I could tell, Cassel never rejoined his teammates on the sideline.

Offensively, the Chiefs don’t appear to have a purpose. Todd Haley and playcall-suggester Chan Gailey cannot focus on developing Cassel when their top priority is keeping him healthy.

Mentally, Larry Johnson, Dwayne Bowe and Brian Waters will not survive this season. One of those three will erupt before Halloween.

Pioli might as well unload Johnson now for a double cheeseburger and bag of fries. Jamaal Charles is more explosive. He was the lone offensive bright spot Saturday night, running for 54 yards on six carries.

Seriously, Kansas City’s offense is so bad that Haley should treat the entire season like it’s an exhibition. I’d play all three quarterbacks. I’d play Cassel when the game is close and turn it over to Croyle and Thigpen when the opposition stretches the lead.

Haley and Pioli have the luxury of blaming this entire season on Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson. Haley and Pioli would be wise to make good use of this luxury.

It won’t be until next year that fans start wondering what role Clark Hunt played in this fiasco. He obviously held on to Peterson for two years too long. But did he also instruct Pioli to avoid spending legitimate dollars in free agency to improve the team?

Zach Thomas, Mike Vrabel, Monty Beisel, Mike Goff, Amani Toomer, Bobby Engram and Ashley Lelie were not that expensive.

The Chiefs got what they paid for. Chiefs fans are going to get it, too.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2009, 11:20 PM
PRESEASON IS EVERYTHING!

Bane
08-29-2009, 11:21 PM
:bang:Fatlock

keg in kc
08-29-2009, 11:24 PM
did he also instruct Pioli to avoid spending legitimate dollars in free agency to improve the team?I'm sure that's exactly what he did, bring in the exec of the decade, hand him the reigns and then say "oh by the way, I'm not giving you any money".

Yeah. Right.

Mecca
08-29-2009, 11:25 PM
He's got a point...It's Whitlock but there's nothing wrong with that article.

Mecca
08-29-2009, 11:26 PM
I'm sure that's exactly what he did, bring in the exec of the decade, hand him the reigns and then say "oh by the way, I'm not giving you any money".

Yeah. Right.

Considering they spent over 100 million dollars on 2 players,I think it's quite possible they weren't dolling out any more major money this offseason.

BigChiefFan
08-29-2009, 11:27 PM
I'm re-watching the game and the team doesn't look that bad.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2009, 11:28 PM

THIGPEN looks bad.

The rest of the team (not counting Pollard) looks pretty good. Oh, I guess there were some pass protection issues. :D

tonyetony
08-29-2009, 11:28 PM
Uhmmmm hmmmmm. We kept Gailey because he learned how to work around our shitty OL last year. I'm glad he learned how to call plays and run an offense without an OL last year cause it will come in handy this year.

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2009, 11:29 PM

Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME?

The Defense gave up 366 yards through three quarters. The offense only put up 169.

They fucking SUCK.

Some of you people watch Chiefs games with blinders on.

keg in kc
Considering they spent over 100 million dollars on 2 players,I think it's quite possible they weren't dolling out any more major money this offseason.That fact itself undermines the whole "we can't spend money" shit. Free agency or trade or draft picks, regardless, they handed out some cash.

He's not doing anything throwing shit at a wall and hoping some of it sticks.

DaneMcCloud
The rest of the team (not counting Pollard) looks pretty good.

No, they don't.

salame
08-29-2009, 11:30 PM
What we do know is that Cassel’s injury opened the door for 2-14 legend Tyler Thigpen, KC’s QB of the future, according to a vocal minority of fans who see the next Rich Gannon every time a Chiefs quarterback scrambles for more than 5 yards.

this made me lol

Mecca
08-29-2009, 11:31 PM
That fact itself undermines the whole "we can't spend money" shit. Free agency or trade or draft picks, regardless, they handed out some cash.

He's not doing anything throwing shit at a wall and hoping some of it sticks.

It depends what point he's trying to make. Most fans will not put trade and draft together with FA dollars and all that. But the Chiefs have never been huge consistent spenders.

Personally I don't like their approach you put 60 mill in a QB you put him in a position to succeed.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2009, 11:31 PM
No, they don't.

The running game and defense showed flashes in the first half. You'd have to be blind not to notice.

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2009, 11:33 PM
The running game and defense showed flashes in the first half. You'd have to be blind not to notice.

Outside of a play or two, the defense didn't show shit. Yes, Flowers had a cheap interception. Other than that, most of the starters were still on the field in the third quarter and got fucking abused.

Mecca
08-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Something concerning is Seattle is one of if not the worst running team in the league and on that 1 long drive they had we were getting smashed by Julius Jones.

BigChiefFan
08-29-2009, 11:35 PM
We we're 7-7 through the first half, with some of our 2nd and 3rd stringers against their starters...that's what I saw.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2009, 11:37 PM
Outside of a play or two, the defense didn't show shit.

Bullshit.

Seattle's first-half drives:

1. Interception
2. Missed 51-yard FG
3. Punt
4. Missed 27-yard FG
5. Punt
6. Touchdown

That's a solid half of work, minus two starters from the beginning, and minus a third for a large chunk. Hell, they did a GREAT job against the run. They definitely showed something.

Mecca
08-29-2009, 11:39 PM
We are aware that Seattle is the time that picked right after us in the draft right?

salame
08-29-2009, 11:40 PM
this isn't the same playoff caliber seattle team anymore

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2009, 11:41 PM
1. Interception
2. Missed 51-yard FG
3. Punt
4. Missed 27-yard FG
5. Punt
6. Touchdown

That's a solid half of work, minus two starters from the beginning, and minus a third for a large chunk. Hell, they did a GREAT job against the run. They definitely showed something.

Outside of the interception, LMAO

In a regular season game, Mora would have never gone for the early 51 yarder. The score should have been 13-7 in the first quarter.

They gave up 366 yards through three quarters.

That's horrific.

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2009, 11:41 PM
We we're 7-7 through the first half, with some of our 2nd and 3rd stringers against their starters...that's what I saw.

You didn't pay very close attention.

keg in kc
08-29-2009, 11:44 PM
It depends what point he's trying to make. Most fans will not put trade and draft together with FA dollars and all that. But the Chiefs have never been huge consistent spenders.The Chiefs under Lamar were not. They spent money every two years, generally. I don't think we know yet what the Chiefs under Clark will be. Although I do expect a big push next offseason with the 'new' stadium opening.

I think one thing people need to remember is that free agency has changed dramatically from the free-wheeling early-90s. Teams are much more cautious now, most of the best players are locked-up, only high-risk or old players are released. And here in KC the team does now have a stated goal of building through the draft and developing talent from within. Which is nothing unusual in the NFL now. I think they're much, much more interested in finding the right guys than they are in making folks happy by bringing in big names for the sake of bringing in big names. Not that there are a lot of big names to bring in these days.Personally I don't like their approach you put 60 mill in a QB you put him in a position to succeed.They may have a different read on the offensive line than we do, it's hard to say. They may not have seen what they saw as solutions, or they may see the players here as guys who can be coached-up. It's impossible to know from the outside.

I actually think a big issue that isn't being talked all that much about right now is tight end, and I don't mean in Tony Gonzalez flashy pass catching terms, but what appears at this point to be a failure to find a solid blocker or two. I think they'd kill for a Jason Dunn.

I actually thought there were some signs of improvement tonight, ironically, after Cassel was knocked out. They were opening running lanes for LJ and Charles both and the pass protection in the first half was probably the best it's been all preseason. The main problem was that Thigpen can't hit the broad side of a barn from 5 feet away. He was pretty much a drive-killer all on his own.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2009, 11:45 PM
In a regular season game, Mora would have never gone for the early 51 yarder. The score should have been 13-7 in the first quarter.

Oh, garbage. You assume the Seahawks would have converted on fourth down automatically?

That's horrific.

I'm not going to judge the defense when guys like Turk McBride and Jovan Belcher are in the game.

Come on, seriously. EVERYONE was running roughshod over the Chiefs last year. The last two weeks the run defense has been NOTICEABLY improved.

salame
08-29-2009, 11:47 PM
The Chiefs under Lamar were not. They spent money every two years, generally. I don't think we know yet what the Chiefs under Clark will be. Although I do expect a big push next offseason with the 'new' stadium opening.

I think one thing people need to remember is that free agency has changed dramatically from the free-wheeling early-90s. Teams are much more cautious now, most of the best players are locked-up, only high-risk or old players are released. And here in KC the team does now have a stated goal of building through the draft and developing talent from within. Which is nothing unusual in the NFL now. I think they're much, much more interested in finding the right guys than they are in making folks happy by bringing in big names for the sake of bringing in big names. Not that there are a lot of big names to bring in these days.They may have a different read on the offensive line than we do, it's hard to say. They may not have seen what they saw as solutions, or they may see the players here as guys who can be coached-up. It's impossible to know from the outside.

I actually think a big issue that isn't being talked all that much about right now is tight end, and I don't mean in Tony Gonzalez flashy pass catching terms, but what appears at this point to be a failure to find a solid blocker or two. I think they'd kill for a Jason Dunn.

I actually thought there were some signs of improvement tonight, ironically, after Cassel was knocked out. They were opening running lanes for LJ and Charles both and the pass protection in the first half was probably the best it's been all preseason. The main problem was that Thigpen can't hit the broad side of a barn from 5 feet away. He was pretty much a drive-killer all on his own.

jason dunn should have stuck around and played right tackle

DBOSHO
08-29-2009, 11:48 PM
dane is the leader of the "pessimistic chiefs fans" fan club

brophog
08-29-2009, 11:54 PM
this isn't the same playoff caliber seattle team anymore

Seattle is the preseason version of the 2008 Detroit Lions.

KCDC
08-29-2009, 11:55 PM
It's going to be a long season. *sigh* And now, we'll be lucky to get a 5th rounder for TT.

salame
08-29-2009, 11:55 PM
Seattle is the preseason version of the 2008 Detroit Lions.

nah they play st louis twice so thats two wins

DeezNutz
08-30-2009, 12:00 AM
dane is the leader of the "clear sighted chiefs fans" fan club

FYP.

This season is going to be ugly.

Saccopoo
08-30-2009, 12:00 AM
Why is Waters going to errupt? He'll be found dead in a dumpster before the midway point of this season if he keeps blowing blocking assignments like today, such as the one that got Cassel sacked and injured.

On a side note, was there really a small contingent of people who wanted Thigpen as our starter? Seriously. Who could be that unobservant and ignorant?

DeezNutz
08-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Haley and Pioli have the luxury of blaming this entire season on Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson. Haley and Pioli would be wise to make good use of this luxury.

GoChiefs, it seems you overlooked this little nugget.

Hammock Parties
08-30-2009, 12:02 AM
GoChiefs, it seems you overlooked this little nugget.

In what way?

salame
08-30-2009, 12:02 AM
Its as genious as herm and carl saying " I dont know guys we put all our eggs in brodie croyles basket and he got hurt"

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 12:03 AM
dane is the leader of the "pessimistic chiefs fans" fan club

Go fuck yourself.

I can't believe you're 31.

You act like you're 13.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 12:04 AM
Why is Waters going to errupt? He'll be found dead in a dumpster before the midway point of this season if he keeps blowing blocking assignments like today, such as the one that got Cassel sacked and injured.

That wasn't Waters, Dummy.

That was Goff, GoChiefs lover.

DeezNutz
08-30-2009, 12:05 AM
Pioli might as well unload Johnson now for a double cheeseburger and bag of fries. Jamaal Charles is more explosive. He was the lone offensive bright spot Saturday night, running for 54 yards on six carries.

Wrong nugget in my previous post of fail.

Let's try this, GoChiefs.

Hammock Parties
lol

I haven't looked at the line closely enough. But we DID run the ball tonight. I'm sure Goff had SOME hand in that.

DBOSHO
Go **** yourself.

I can't believe you're 31.

You act like you're 13.

says the person who sent me negative rep saying "F*** YOU" 20 times...

Hammock Parties
Wrong nugget in my previous post of fail.

Let's try this, GoChiefs.

Oh. Of COURSE Charles is more explosive. Duh. He's more explosive than most running backs.

Whitlock conveniently ignored the fact that LJ had a good night.

Charles isn't going to take 250 carries. We're going to have a Chris Johnson/Lendale White thing going on this year.

Charles can't start anyway. He's too valuable on special teams.

Saccopoo
08-30-2009, 12:06 AM
That wasn't Waters, Dummy.

That was Goff, GoChiefs lover.

I've beat men nearly to death for less than that. You better apologize and fast.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 12:08 AM
I've beat men nearly to death for less than that. You better apologize and fast.

I didn't realize that Mormons killed people.

I thought all they did was just add wives.

My apologies.

L.A. Chieffan
08-30-2009, 12:09 AM
i still wanna know who the fuck these people are that thought thigpen would be anything more than a backup. i dont see any. everybodys making a big deal out of bullshit. thigpen is crap. duh.

DaneMcCloud
says the person who sent me negative rep saying "F*** YOU" 20 times...

I wasn't talking about me, asswipe

Tiger's Fan
Some people think we can fix everything Herm destroyed in one off season. They drafted to stop the run. We are doing that for the most part pretty well right now. All those passing yards were between the 20s, which is reflected by the fact that Seattle only scored 14 points. In this case, bend but don't break was successful. As far as the offense goes, only a dumbass would try to judge that with Thigpen behind center.

BTW, LJ had a 4.5 avg. per, and Charles was excellent with a 7.7 avg.

DeezNutz
08-30-2009, 12:11 AM
Some people think we can fix everything Herm destroyed in one off season. They drafted to stop the run. We are doing that for the most part pretty well right now. All those passing yards were between the 20s, which is reflected by the fact that Seattle only scored 14 points. In this case, bend but don't break was successful. As far as the offense goes, only a dumbass would try to judge that with Thigpen behind center.

BTW, LJ had a 4.5 avg. per, and Charles was excellent with a 7.7 avg.

When the regular season starts, this team won't be stopping the run very well, since they'll be gashed up the middle due to the lack of a 34 DT.

DBOSHO
08-30-2009, 12:11 AM
I wasn't talking about me, asswipe

typical dane.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 12:12 AM
When the regular season starts, this team won't be stopping the run very well, since they'll be gashed up the middle due to the lack of a 34 DT.

The Ravens, Raiders, Giants, Redskins, Pittsburgh and Eagles will severely gash this defense with their run games.

It looked to me like they were giving Lokey every chance to win the NT job tonight.

I don't think he pulled it off.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 12:13 AM
typical dane.

How would you know "typical Dane", let alone define it?

You've got 300 posts, Dummy.

Unless you're a dupe of another former dumbass.

DrRyan
08-30-2009, 12:13 AM
Personally I don't like their approach you put 60 mill in a QB you put him in a position to succeed.

I agree with this point. Spending a pick on the O line before Colin Brown was needed. An upgrade greater than Toomer, Copper, Engram or Lelie was needed as well.

That's horrific.

So, in the regular season they would have not kicked and missed the 51 yard FG? How does this lead to the score being 13-7 instead of 7-7 at the half?

You didn't pay very close attention.

What I saw was the mediocre Thigpen everyone should know and expect to see when he is on the field. Him missing the FB wide open was terrible. Also, the fumbled handoff to LJ was his fault. The best pass the threw all night was dropped by Darling while just avoiding the rush. He had another very good throw to Bowe before the half. He missed more than a reasonable amount of throws too. He is a backup QB. He IMO did nothing to help or hurt his trade value(as many are suggesting in other threads).

I don't like Thigpen as more than a third string QB. I would prefer to see him turn into a 5th round pick. It is not nearly as bad as Fatlock, Dane or many others would insinuate.

Lastly, of the 366 yards given up in the first three quarters many of them were in the third quarter when more than a few starters were no longer in the game. Turk McBride is not a starter. Leggett is not a starter.

I know negativity is your strong suit, but come on.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 12:16 AM
I know negativity is your strong suit, but come on.

First off, it's called realism.

All you guys that are claiming otherwise will be crying in your beers by week 12 when the Chiefs are 1-11.

Tiger's Fan
08-30-2009, 12:18 AM

I'm pretty worried about that, since Tank looked like a woman in the middle, and Edwards just isn't very good.

But in comparison to last year, we seem to be making strides. We gave up 2.9 yds per tonight, which tells me that the D as a whole is doing better.

I'm a lot more worried about the atrocious safety play.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 12:18 AM
I
Lastly, of the 366 yards given up in the first three quarters many of them were in the third quarter when more than a few starters were no longer in the game.

Wrong. Hasselbeck had 216 yards passing for 2 TD's and one INT before Wallace took over.

Julius Jones and Fossett combined for 102 yards.

Keep in mind, this was a 4-12 team the Chiefs were facing. And they were on the road.

Chiefshrink
08-30-2009, 12:19 AM
I did not see Succop's missed 28ydr. Please tell me that was a bad snap or bad hold? Don't tell me he choked on a 28ydr!

DrRyan
08-30-2009, 12:19 AM

All you guys that are claiming otherwise will be crying in your beers by week 12 when the Chiefs are 1-11.

Not claiming otherwise. Read the whole post. 1-11? I will take the over on that prognostication. Not by much, but over. 5 wins would be a good year IMO and likely get the Chiefs out of drafting in the top 5.

Chiefshrink
08-30-2009, 12:20 AM
I'm pretty worried about that, since Tank looked like a woman in the middle, and Edwards just isn't very good.

But in comparison to last year, we seem to be making strides. We gave up 2.9 yds per tonight, which tells me that the D as a whole is doing better.

Baldy thought Edwards played well at NT tonight:shrug:

DBOSHO
08-30-2009, 12:21 AM

our bye is before that so wed only be 1-10 dummy.

Hammock Parties
08-30-2009, 12:21 AM
I wish Thiggy had a twitter.

Tiger's Fan
08-30-2009, 12:22 AM
Wrong. Hasselbeck had 216 yards passing for 2 TD's and one INT before Wallace took over.

Keep in mind, this was a 4-12 team the Chiefs were facing. And they were on the road.

I think Hasselbeck being out all year had a little to do with that. But yeah, they're not that good. Just remember, the Chiefs were a hell of a lot worse.

DrRyan

Yes Hasselbeck had those stats. What I am arguing with you is that the Chiefs first string was not all still playing. Some were, some were not.

DaneMcCloud
Not claiming otherwise. Read the whole post. 1-11? I will take the over on that prognostication. Not by much, but over. 5 wins would be a good year IMO and likely get the Chiefs out of drafting in the top 5.

I asked Scott Free earlier and now I'll ask you:

How will the Chiefs be able to score enough points to beat the Ravens, Giants, Steelers, Chargers, Eagles, Redskins and Cowboys?

How will the Chiefs stop McFadden?

DBOSHO
How would you know "typical Dane", let alone define it?

You've got 300 posts, Dummy.

Unless you're a dupe of another former dumbass.

ive been reading the planet for a few years. and it doesnt take long to figure out that your a negative nancy about the chiefs and anyone who thinks differently that you is wrong and an asshole

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 12:23 AM
Yes Hasselbeck had those stats. What I am arguing with you is that the Chiefs first string was not all still playing. Some were, some were not.

Well, injuries occur. People will get hurt. The Chiefs will not be fortunately enough to play every starter on every down.

That's just part of the game.

Tiger's Fan
08-30-2009, 12:23 AM

Baldy is as good at his job as he is driving down the road in Stillwell Kansas.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 12:24 AM
ive been reading the planet for a few years. and it doesnt take long to figure out that your a negative nancy about the chiefs and anyone who thinks differently that you is wrong and an asshole

You're a moron

DaneMcCloud

Must be drunk

Saccopoo
I didn't realize that Mormons killed people.

I thought all they did was just add wives.

My apologies.

Shit. Mormons are fucking ruthless. The guy who was Brigham Young's bodyguard put more people into the ground than Stalin. And who do you think populates the CIA? That's right. Mormons. Blood thirsty, ass kicking mormons.

MadMax
08-30-2009, 12:25 AM

Piss off! Sac-o-shit.. Now don't stop at " near death " I welcome death.:D

DaneMcCloud
our bye is before that so wed only be 1-10 dummy.

LMAO

That's pretty good

DBOSHO
You're a moron

never saw that one coming.

DaneMcCloud
Shit. Mormons are fucking ruthless. The guy who was Brigham Young's bodyguard put more people into the ground than Stalin. And who do you think populates the CIA? That's right. Mormons. Blood thirsty, ass kicking mormons.

Cool

DrRyan
08-30-2009, 12:26 AM
I asked Scott Free earlier and now I'll ask you:

How will the Chiefs be able to score enough points to beat the Ravens, Giants, Steelers, Chargers, Eagles, Redskins and Cowboys?

How will the Chiefs stop McFadden?

Cowboys, possibly. Redskins, possibly. I don't expect a win against either, but more likely than the others.

I am gonna say the Chiefs will stop McFadden by tackling him...

Did you watch the Raiders today? I know they were playing to great Saints D and all.

MadMax
08-30-2009, 12:27 AM
I wish Thigpen had a twitter.

I think he has a twat.:D

Saccopoo
08-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Piss off! Sac-o-shit.. Now don't stop at " near death " I welcome death.:D

Dane, you better tell your girlfriend to shut her pie hole or I'll bitch slap it faster than you can say "Fuck off asshole and go hang yourself on an AIDS tree."

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 12:28 AM
Cowboys, possibly. Redskins, possibly. I don't expect a win against either, but more likely than the others.

I am gonna say the Chiefs will stop McFadden by tackling him...

Did you watch the Raiders today? I know they were playing to great Saints D and all.

You missed the point: Please explain HOW they're going to score enough points to beat those defenses. You know, the Cowboys and their 55 sacks last year and the Redskins with Philip Daniels and Albert Haynesworth.

How are the Chiefs, with their pitiful offensive line and one legitimate receiver, going to score enough points to win those games?

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 12:29 AM
Dane, you better tell your girlfriend to shut her pie hole or I'll bitch slap it faster than you can say "Fuck off asshole and go hang yourself on an AIDS tree."

Uh, you quoted the wrong person there, badass

DrRyan
08-30-2009, 12:31 AM
You missed the point: Please explain HOW they're going to score enough points to beat those defenses. You know, the Cowboys and their 55 sacks last year and the Redskins with Philip Daniels and Albert Haynesworth.

How are the Chiefs, with their pitiful offensive line and one legitimate receiver, going to score enough points to win those games?

We shall see. Don't jump off the ledge just yet.

As I said previously, I hope the win 5 this year and are not drafting in the top 5.

Saccopoo
08-30-2009, 12:34 AM
Uh, you quoted the wrong person there, badass

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YD7jlIOFO6s&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YD7jlIOFO6s&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 12:35 AM
We shall see. Don't jump off the ledge just yet.

As I said previously, I hope the win 5 this year and are not drafting in the top 5.

DUDE!

You're not giving me ANY reason to believe that.

I've asked you twice now. Please explain how the Chiefs will matchup and score enough points to win.

Hopes and dreams and rainbows and unicorns for all!

allday28
08-30-2009, 12:35 AM
dane sucks dick for fun.

Hammock Parties
08-30-2009, 12:36 AM
dane sucks dick for fun.

He lives in Hollywood, bro.

L.A. Chieffan
08-30-2009, 12:37 AM
wtf is going on here?

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 12:37 AM
dane sucks dick for fun.

Oh wow, first in with the "gay" thing.

You're a real fucking genius, Cockbreath.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 12:38 AM
wtf is going on here?

The Usual

L.A. Chieffan
08-30-2009, 12:39 AM
The Usual

people cant handle reality? dont be mean dane, what else do they have to look forward to

DrRyan
DUDE!

I've asked you twice now. Please explain how the Chiefs will matchup and score enough points to win.

Jesus f***ing Christ dude. How will they score enough points to win?

In order for that to happen, they will have to keep Cassel upright longer, get off the field on third down and score points when given the opportunity.

Are you seriously looking for me to break down game by game, drive by drive of those games to explain how they will score?

Hammock Parties
The Usual

A circumsized, shaved 8 incher?

L.A. Chieffan
08-30-2009, 12:40 AM
A circumsized, shaved 8 incher?

u shave it all completely?

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 12:40 AM
people cant handle reality? dont be mean dane, what else do they have to look forward to

A long, cold winter?

:D

DBOSHO
08-30-2009, 12:41 AM
DUDE!

how did the dolphins beat the pats last year? they dont match up anywhere.

how did the jets beat the pats? once again, advantage pats.

point being, theres more to football than matchups

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 12:43 AM
Are you seriously looking for me to break down game by game, drive by drive of those games to explain how they will score?

Basically.

The Dallas defense had 55 sacks last year. How are the Chiefs going to matchup? They can't block, they have one receiver (that will be constantly double-teamed) and they have no one to stretch the field. How can you predict a win?

The Redskins had a very good defense last year and added Haynesworth. How are they going to score against that defensive line and pressure?

I can tell you game by game how the Chiefs will matchup and why I think they'll be 1-7 at best. But I keep reading that I'm a crazy asshole, yet no one wants to explain to me, in football terminology, why I'm wrong.

So please, be the first.

Or not. But don't insult my intelligence because you're not as informed as I am.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 12:45 AM
how did the dolphins beat the pats last year? they dont match up anywhere.

how did the jets beat the pats? once again, advantage pats.

point being, theres more to football than matchups

That's absolutely not true.

Cassel was in this third game against Miami. If Brady would have been there, that team would have been 16-0 again.

Did you watch the Miami-Jets game? Favre threw the game away, literally. He had a torn bicep, among other shoulder issues. The Jets started 8-3 and finished 9-7 because of Favre's injury.

Do you know anything or do you just spout bullshit?

Tiger's Fan
08-30-2009, 12:49 AM

Cassel was in this third game against Miami. If Brady would have been there, that team would have been 16-0 again.

Did you watch the Miami-Jets game? Favre threw the game away, literally. He had a torn bicep, among other shoulder issues. The Jets started 8-3 and finished 9-7 because of Favre's injury.

1-7 is likely, but you can't discount the back half of the schedule, where the other 5 wins will come from.

6-10 is a reasonable prediction, and not the 2-14 that you predict.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 12:51 AM
1-7 is likely, but you can't discount the back half of the schedule, where the other 5 wins will come from.

6-10 is a reasonable prediction, and not the 2-14 that you predict.

While I agree that it's reasonable, I don't think it's likely.

Look, I'll say it again: This team will be well conditioned and coached well. Haley will manage the clock to perfection. But the one thing that he cannot control is the severe lack of talent on the roster.

6-10 is more likely next year, if the off-season goes well and they're able to address some serious deficiencies and depth.

DrRyan
08-30-2009, 12:51 AM
Basically.

The Dallas defense had 55 sacks last year. How are the Chiefs going to matchup? They can't block, they have one receiver (that will be constantly double-teamed) and they have no one to stretch the field. How can you predict a win?

The Redskins had a very good defense last year and added Haynesworth. How are they going to score against that defensive line and pressure?

I can tell you game by game how the Chiefs will matchup and why I think they'll be 1-7 at best. But I keep reading that I'm a crazy asshole, yet no one wants to explain to me, in football terminology, why I'm wrong.

So please, be the first.

Or not. But don't insult my intelligence because you're not as informed as I am.

Ok, Dane in with the goading before the name calling comes. I am not biting Dane. I don't discount 1-7 as a real possiblity. What you said was 1-11. I expect them to be 2-6 at the bye stealing a win from the Cowboys, Redskins or Chargers. So, we are really splitting hairs here.

As I had said multiple times in this thread, I would like to see 5 wins and the Chiefs not picking the the top 5.

Go ahead, go back and read it.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 12:55 AM
As I had said multiple times in this thread, I would like to see 5 wins and the Chiefs not picking the the top 5.

That's fine. I'd like to see them 10-6 with a playoff win.

But that's just as likely as 5-11.

DBOSHO
08-30-2009, 12:56 AM

favre isnt a bad matchup for anyone he just sucks. weak point. the lions nearly won games last year, and they suck all across the board minus calvin. i will say it again, matchups arent everything in football

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 12:58 AM
favre isnt a bad matchup for anyone he just sucks. weak point. the lions nearly won games last year, and they suck all across the board minus calvin. i will say it again, matchups arent everything in football

JFC.

Jets start 8-3. Favre tears bicep and finish 9-7.

What about that don't you get?

And you're wrong: Matchups ARE everything.

If you don't believe that, wait until you see Rudy Niswanger versus Ngata Haloti or Albert Haynesworth.

DrRyan
08-30-2009, 12:59 AM
That's fine. I'd like to see them 10-6 with a playoff win.

But that's just as likely as 5-11.

As would I, but we both know that is not happening this year. Maybe next year if we are very lucky.

Rausch
08-30-2009, 01:00 AM
Must be drunk

Don't you dare lump us all together ...

DBOSHO
08-30-2009, 01:00 AM
JFC.

Jets start 8-3. Favre tears bicep and finish 9-7.

What about that don't you get?

And you're wrong: Matchups ARE everything.

If you don't believe that, wait until you see Rudy Niswanger versus Ngata Haloti or Albert Haynesworth.

the rams beat washington and dallas last year. are the rams a good matchup at ANY position vs either of those teams? i can go on if youd like ;)

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 01:01 AM
the rams beat washington and dallas last year. are the rams a good matchup at ANY position vs either of those teams? i can go on if youd like ;)

It happened just after they switched coaches. And guess what?

That was it.

The Chiefs don't have the talent to play "out of their league".

The Rams have far more talent on their roster.

DBOSHO
08-30-2009, 01:06 AM
It happened just after they switched coaches. And guess what?

That was it.

The Chiefs don't have the talent to play "out of their league".

The Rams have far more talent on their roster.

oh so the coaches are on the field now?

and that last statement is a joke..

which positions do the rams have that are better than the chiefs?

oh and feel free to answer the question i asked..

Rausch
08-30-2009, 01:06 AM

Look, I'll say it again: This team will be well conditioned and coached well. Haley will manage the clock to perfection. But the one thing that he cannot control is the severe lack of talent on the roster.

Now, no.

Butit sureas hell could have been in teh offseason...

veist
08-30-2009, 01:07 AM

6-10 is more likely next year, if the off-season goes well and they're able to address some serious deficiencies and depth.

If nothing else, they are going to get one of those better teams we all expect them to lose to around mid season looking past them. The Raiders are still the Raiders and their coach is going to be a huge distraction. The Broncos have Orton at QB and who are they lining up with their hands in the dirt? Its not like the roster really got worse year to year, I think 4-5 wins is probably exactly where they end up. Plus if they aren't looking like they make that mark by about week 10 Haley is going to start killing bitches at halftime. Adding a whole new meaning to being cut.

Titty Meat
08-30-2009, 01:11 AM
Shit. Mormons are ****ing ruthless. The guy who was Brigham Young's bodyguard put more people into the ground than Stalin. And who do you think populates the CIA? That's right. Mormons. Blood thirsty, ass kicking mormons.

Who is this fag?

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 01:14 AM
oh so the coaches are on the field now?

and that last statement is a joke..

which positions do the rams have that are better than the chiefs?

oh and feel free to answer the question i asked..

You continually show that you're a fucking dumbass.

I'll take the Rams offensive line over the Chiefs.

I'll take Steven Jackson over anyone on the Chiefs.

I'll take Donnie Avery and Ronald Curry and Tim Carter. I'll take their defense with Chris Long and new head coach Spagnoulo.

Do you know anything? Seriously. Anything?

Norman Einstein
08-30-2009, 01:18 AM

That's horrific.

When was the bulk of the yardage given up? Was that Thigpen's fault?

I'm just reacting to what I read here, our local cable provider has decided we are not worhty of seeing the Chiefs.

You do need to remember that it is actually pre-season and they are trying to get people that don't do the job weeded out/or at least on the list to take the bus back home.

DBOSHO
08-30-2009, 01:23 AM
You continually show that you're a ****ing dumbass.

I'll take Donnie Avery and Ronald Curry and Tim Carter. I'll take their defense with Chris Long and new head coach Spagnoulo.

yeah and your calling me the dumb one...

the rams line sucks, just like ours

our rb depth is better than theirs

bowe is better than avery, newsflash:curry hasnt been shit for awile now, and....tim who?

the chiefs defense is 6 spots ahead of the rams in total defense, but id take them too..

you can keep telling me i know nothing if it make you feel better dane.

veist
08-30-2009, 01:24 AM
I'll take Donnie Avery and Ronald Curry and Tim Carter.

You must be really high on Avery to believe that simply because Curry and Carter are not putting the fear of god into anyone.

DaneMcCloud
You do need to remember that it is actually pre-season and they are trying to get people that don't do the job weeded out/or at least on the list to take the bus back home.

LMAO

That's a bogus excuse

DaneMcCloud
You must be really high on Avery to believe that simply because Curry and Carter are not putting the fear of god into anyone.

Either is anyone on the Chiefs roster, outside of Bowe

chiefs1111
08-30-2009, 01:26 AM
You continually show that you're a fucking dumbass.

I didn't Ronald Curry was with the Rams.

DaneMcCloud
yeah and your calling me the dumb one...

the rams line sucks, just like ours

our rb depth is better than theirs

bowe is better than avery, newsflash:curry hasnt been shit for awile now, and....tim who?

the chiefs defense is 6 spots ahead of the rams in total defense, but id take them too..

you can keep telling me i know nothing if it make you feel better dane.

You're insane. Simply, insane.

Jason Brown - Rudy Niswanger? HA!
Alex Barron - Damion ScIntosh? Ha!

Need I go on, moron?

Go to bed.

DaneMcCloud
I didn't Ronald Curry was with the Rams.

He's on their roster

Norman Einstein
08-30-2009, 01:27 AM
LMAO

That's a bogus excuse

Bogus? I think you need to realize that the players that cannot hack it will be gone. If you think one draft with a new administration is going to make the Chiefs condenders you have really lost grip with reality.

Even if this team had SB caliber players at every position we would probalbly still look like the herman team from last year.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 01:27 AM

Uh, how is that possible when the Chiefs were 31st overall last year?

DBOSHO
08-30-2009, 01:28 AM

Need I go on, moron?

Go to bed.

which still leaves 3 parts to the o-line.....:banghead:

you can debate the other reasons too if you want.pr

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 01:29 AM
Bogus? I think you need to realize that the players that cannot hack it will be gone. If you think one draft with a new administration is going to make the Chiefs condenders you have really lost grip with reality.

Hey Fucko, I think the Chiefs will be lucky to win 2 games this year. Keep up.

And clearly, you haven't been watching the preseason games because Tyson Jackson, Alex Magee and the majority of starters have been playing all four quarters.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 01:30 AM
which still leaves 3 parts to the o-line.....:banghead:

you can debate the other reasons too if you want.pr

Fuck off.

Their o-line is heads and shoulders above the Chiefs.

For FUCKS SAKE, moron. The Chief traded for 2 guys that wouldn't make the Dolphins team this week.

What does that tell you?

Idiot.

DBOSHO
08-30-2009, 01:31 AM

Need I go on, moron?

Go to bed.

which still leaves 3 spots on the line. ask bulger how his line worked out. atleast the chiefs line protects SOME of the time.

you can try to debate my other reasons to if you want

veist
08-30-2009, 01:32 AM

I didn't say that, I'm just curious what you see in Avery because he has potential but he seems to be a little fragile since he's already had stress fractures this year and last.

Titty Meat
08-30-2009, 01:33 AM
Dane these are the same guys who said Thigpen is a good QB. The Rams o-line is better cuz they actually drafted guys to improve the o-line where as the last gm and this gm both signed old guys.

DaneMcCloud
which still leaves 3 spots on the line. ask bulger how his line worked out. atleast the chiefs line protects SOME of the time.

you can try to debate my other reasons to if you want

Hey Dummy,

The Rams brought in the best center in Free Agency: Jason Brown.

The Rams drafted the best left tackle in the draft: Jason Smith.

They'll be MUCH better than the Chiefs O-line.

DaneMcCloud
Dane these are the same guys who said Thigpen is a good QB. The Rams o-line is better cuz they actually drafted guys to improve the o-line where as the last gm and this gm both signed old guys.

Billay,

Where do these stupid football fans come from?

DBOSHO
08-30-2009, 01:34 AM
**** off.

Their o-line is heads and shoulders above the Chiefs.

For ****S SAKE, moron. The Chief traded for 2 guys that wouldn't make the Dolphins team this week.

What does that tell you?

Idiot.

for the record, the rams are 27 in passing offense. the chiefs? 19

the rams rush offense? 28. chiefs-16

but CLEARLY their oline is HEAD AND SHOULDERS above the chiefs

just give up.

Titty Meat
08-30-2009, 01:35 AM
Billay,

Where do these stupid football fans come from?

Chiefscoalition or the newspaper. Alot of the talking points are the ones spewed by Kent Babb.

Titty Meat

just give up.

They already played the season?

DaneMcCloud

just give up.

What the fuck you talkin' about? Preseason stats?

LMAO

DBOSHO
08-30-2009, 01:38 AM
What the **** you talkin' about? Preseason stats?

LMAO

what else am i supposed to go off of? if the rams oline is worse than the chiefs now why will they suddenly get better and the chiefs line will get worse? please enlighten me

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 01:38 AM
what else am i supposed to go off of? if the rams oline is worse than the chiefs now why will they suddenly get better and the chiefs line will get worse? please enlighten me

LMAO

Titty Meat
08-30-2009, 01:39 AM

Wow dude. The Lions were 4-0 last pre-season did you bet they would win the super bowl?

DBOSHO
08-30-2009, 01:40 AM
Wow dude. The Lions were 4-0 last pre-season did you bet they would win the super bowl?

ill propose this to you as well. if the rams oline is worse than the chiefs now why would they get better as the chiefs get worse?

Titty Meat
08-30-2009, 01:41 AM
ill propose this to you as well. if the rams oline is worse than the chiefs now why would they get better as the chiefs get worse?

What?

DBOSHO
08-30-2009, 01:43 AM
LMAO

yeah thats all you can do. because you dont know the answer because you dont know what the fuck you are talking about. you wanna ask guys how in the world the chiefs will beat the nfc east, i wanna ask you. why will the rams line get mysteriously better than the chiefs line? im waiting. i have a feeling ill be here for awhile

veist
08-30-2009, 01:43 AM
I didn't say that, I'm just curious what you see in Avery because he has potential but he seems to be a little fragile since he's already had stress fractures this year and last.

P.S. would actually like to hear your answer to this, I am honestly curious.

Titty Meat
08-30-2009, 01:45 AM
yeah thats all you can do. because you dont know the answer because you dont know what the **** you are talking about. you wanna ask guys how in the world the chiefs will beat the nfc east, i wanna ask you. why will the rams line get mysteriously better than the chiefs line? im waiting. i have a feeling ill be here for awhile

The rams o-line is already better but to answer your question they have young offensive linemen who have talent. The more Jason Smith plays the better he'll play. Mike Goff is a veteran so is Mcintosh therefore neither player will really be a better player.

DBOSHO
08-30-2009, 01:48 AM
The rams o-line is already better but to answer your question they have young offensive linemen who have talent. The more Jason Smith plays the better he'll play. Mike Goff is a veteran so is Mcintosh therefore neither player will really be a better player.

how are they better?! albert is young and so is richardson, but i guess theyve already reached their potential.

Titty Meat
08-30-2009, 01:50 AM
how are they better?! albert is young and so is richardson, but i guess theyve already reached their potential.

Albert is better then Barron whos at LT right now but Jason Smith was drafted to be the LT, he's the RT. Overall the Rams O-line is better then the Chiefs o-line.

DBOSHO
08-30-2009, 01:53 AM
Albert is better then Barron whos at LT right now but Jason Smith was drafted to be the LT, he's the RT. Overall the Rams O-line is better then the Chiefs o-line.

i just dont see how you can justify the rams line being better than the chiefs when the stats say they arent. the rams will be better in a few years when macintosh and goff are gone but right now they arent.

RINGLEADER
08-30-2009, 02:11 AM
Are you ****ING KIDDING ME?

The Defense gave up 366 yards through three quarters. The offense only put up 169.

They ****ing SUCK.

Some of you people watch Chiefs games with blinders on.

It's funny because once Cassel went out I came here and read everyone's analysis of the game before I watched it. Then I watched it and felt like the Chiefs didn't do so bad. But it was just that -- a (deceptive) feeling.

The Chiefs look great on some plays but haven't learned how to string together a series of those plays.

That's what separates good from bad in the NFL. Consistency. And being able to convert more than one third-down.

I do like the fact that Tyson Jackson got a sack though.

Tiger's Fan
08-30-2009, 02:21 AM
It's funny because once Cassel went out I came here and read everyone's analysis of the game before I watched it. Then I watched it and felt like the Chiefs didn't do so bad. But it was just that -- a (deceptive) feeling.

The Chiefs look great on some plays but haven't learned how to string together a series of those plays.

That's what separates good from bad in the NFL. Consistency. And being able to convert more than one third-down.

Well WTF did you expect?

Are the Chiefs supposed to magically improve by leaps and bounds in the course of one single offseason?

Apparently people are forgetting the depths of pure shit we're trying to rise out of here.

It's kind of silly to be hyper-critical of any aspect of the team with this short of a window for improvement.

crazycoffey
08-30-2009, 02:35 AM
He's got a point...It's Whitlock but there's nothing wrong with that article.

you agreeing with shitlock on this article confirms anything and everthing I've ever said in disagreement to you. we know jack right now. that said, I have to say, as always, fuck you whitless, you are a POS......

Mecca
08-30-2009, 02:37 AM
What kind of weird ass argument is going on here?

The Rams OL is better than the Chiefs as it should be, their OT's are both 1st rounders 1 taken top 3, they have now 2 years in a row spent good money on an interior lineman in Jacob Bell and Jason Brown.

Steven Jackson sat out camp last year in a contract dispute then got injured, he should bounce back this year.

They have receiver issues but their line should at very worst be pretty good.

crazycoffey
08-30-2009, 02:48 AM

The Rams OL is better than the Chiefs as it should be, their OT's are both 1st rounders 1 taken top 3, they have now 2 years in a row spent good money on an interior lineman in Jacob Bell and Jason Brown.

Steven Jackson sat out camp last year in a contract dispute then got injured, he should bounce back this year.

OT's both being 1st rounders mean nothing more than the first signing they agreed to, MANY offensive linemen have been late round draftees or even undrafted players. I hate this arguement you always make in regards to drafted players. It means dick, DICK!!!@!11!!!

Mecca
08-30-2009, 02:51 AM
If you can logically argue the Chiefs line is better than the Rams I'd love to hear it...

Barron isn't all that good for a 1st rounder but he's better than our RT which isn't really saying much.

Guys like Jason Smith and Jason Brown are anchor type of lineman.

crazycoffey
08-30-2009, 02:57 AM
If you can logically argue the Chiefs line is better than the Rams I'd love to hear it...

Barron isn't all that good for a 1st rounder but he's better than our RT which isn't really saying much.

Guys like Jason Smith and Jason Brown are anchor type of lineman.

even if you're going to be right in this particular arguement, doesn't mean you are always right. this has ALWAYS been my basic disagreement with your analitical debates. You said in the first post I quoted that the Rams "had to" have a better OL then the chiefs, based on draft picks. the draft is a flawed system, and you still rely on it so heavily. how can I be clearer?

Mecca
08-30-2009, 02:59 AM
Uh no, I used the example of who's on their line.

I get it, you have a problem with me personally so you will disagree because I said it.

crazycoffey
08-30-2009, 03:02 AM
deflect much?

crazycoffey
08-30-2009, 03:03 AM

you said it.....
I said that it was a flawed arguement, as many of your arguements are.....

Mecca
08-30-2009, 03:08 AM
I said it because I was pointing out what the Rams had invested in their offensive line in comparison to the Chiefs..

Which is why I said "it should be better" they have, 2 first rounders 1 of which was top 3, 2 FA's they paid very nice dollars to and their other lineman was a 3rd rounder.

They've invested higher picks and more money so their line "should" be better, and it is.

I can't believe I had to just explain my point.

crazycoffey
08-30-2009, 03:26 AM
oh, fuck off you self rightous prick...

Chief Pote
08-30-2009, 05:51 AM
I personally think it's a strategy that they didn't try too hard. Save it for the regular season. :deevee:

CCU2000
08-30-2009, 08:43 AM
it's not Thigpen's fault that the defense couldn't cover TJ Whosyourmomma

Brock
08-30-2009, 08:45 AM
The defense is to blame for Thigpen's scattershot passing?

Reerun_KC
08-30-2009, 08:46 AM
I said it because I was pointing out what the Rams had invested in their offensive line in comparison to the Chiefs..

Which is why I said "it should be better" they have, 2 first rounders 1 of which was top 3, 2 FA's they paid very nice dollars to and their other lineman was a 3rd rounder.

They've invested higher picks and more money so their line "should" be better, and it is.

I can't believe I had to just explain my point.

Lot of truth to this...

We did epic fail to address the worst position on the roster... The whole OL....

Reerun_KC
08-30-2009, 08:47 AM

CCU2000 is just being a crybaby, trying to start crap... His posts are pointless and irrelevant as he is to this message board...

He has yet to have a football take....

DeezNutz
08-30-2009, 08:47 AM

Yes.

Thigpen was clearly shaken when Pollard whiffed on the crane kick, allowing the receiver to walk into the endzone.

CCU2000
08-30-2009, 08:56 AM
CCU2000 is just being a crybaby, trying to start crap... His posts are pointless and irrelevant as he is to this message board...

He has yet to have a football take....

thigga please...

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2009, 09:31 AM

I've mentioned this in previously related threads but if the Chiefs go 4-12 this season, that should be considered a HUGE achievement.

The front office and Haley's staff not only has the challenge of turning over a roster but changing the mindset as well. They're changing the defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4 without ideal personnel in each spot. They lack depth at every position. And while there are a few standout players on the roster (Cassel and Bowe on offense and possibly Jackson and Mays on defense), that won't make up for the overall lack of talent on this roster.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The 2009 Chiefs will be extremely well conditioned and well coached. Haley will manage the clock with perfection. But their roster will only allow them to win four games at most.

You can't can't do all of the things necessary to make the Chiefs a competitive football team in one off-season.

milkman
08-30-2009, 09:33 AM
thigga please...

If Thigpen were the greatest QB to ever wear a Chiefs uniform, I'd almost still want him gone so I never have to see another stupid fucking post like this one.

Deberg_1990
08-30-2009, 09:35 AM
I've mentioned this in previously related threads but if the Chiefs go 4-12 this season, that should be considered a HUGE achievement.

The front office and Haley's staff not only has the challenge of turning over a roster but changing the mindset as well. They're changing the defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4 without ideal personnel in each spot. They lack depth at every position. And while there are a few standout players on the roster (Cassel and Bowe on offense and possibly Jackson and Mays on defense), that won't make up for the overall lack of talent on this roster.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The 2009 Chiefs will be extremely well conditioned and well coached. Haley will manage the clock with perfection. But their roster will only allow them to win four games at most.

You can't can't do all of the things necessary to make the Chiefs a competitive football team in one off-season.

I agree 100%. If they can somehow manage to keep Cassel healthy, they might even be able to squeeze out a 5th or 6th win.

Alot of guys on here just need to relax and realize the Chiefs are not winning more than 4 to 6 games. They just are not. It will make this season a whole lot more enjoyable.

JuicesFlowing
08-30-2009, 09:37 AM

No, but his limp-wristed passing is his fault. :)

rambleonthruthefog
08-30-2009, 09:40 AM
thigpin sucked(i mean really sucked), the defense, while it had its moments, bye and large played bad. the OL sucked and larry sucked. pollard is a f'n joke, can i get a whiff whiff! even succup had a bad game. that whole game was hard to watch, it got me feeling really really bad about our upcoming season. the only positive i saw was charles, and hes just gonna fumble the ball away anyway. no way i'm watching the 4th preseason game. hard to make an arguement that anyone on our team is better than anyone else in this league. how could they be?

Titty Meat
08-30-2009, 09:56 AM

1/10 on third down moron.

CCU2000
08-30-2009, 10:02 AM

how the hell can you convert with that line protecting him and there some drop balls by the receivers asswipe moron

milkman
08-30-2009, 10:04 AM

Come on.

We know it's the fault of the defense and the O-Line that Thigpen can't hit a wide open FB in the flat from 5 yards away, and throws a 25 yard pass to a wide open receiver 30 yards downfield.

TEX
08-30-2009, 10:04 AM

Not really. Everyone knew our OL was one of the worst in the league for the past couple of seasons. It still is because the the new regeime did absolutely nothing to improve it this offseason. When you comsider that they went out and got a legit QBOTF (and present) it's really inexcusable.

LaChapelle
08-30-2009, 10:15 AM
“When you’re one-of-ten on third down, you’re not getting it done at quarterback,” Haley said. “There’s just no way. Even if there are break downs in other places, it’s the quarterback’s ability to move the chains. When we’re one-of-ten there isn’t much good happening, that’s for sure.”

SAUTO
08-30-2009, 10:22 AM
even if you're going to be right in this particular arguement, doesn't mean you are always right. this has ALWAYS been my basic disagreement with your analitical debates. You said in the first post I quoted that the Rams "had to" have a better OL then the chiefs, based on draft picks. the draft is a flawed system, and you still rely on it so heavily. how can I be clearer?

i understand exactly what you are saying.

salame
08-30-2009, 10:24 AM

The Seahawks are a terrible running team

MarkDavis'Haircut
05-14-2022, 08:25 PM
Thigpen was not good.

Rasputin
05-15-2022, 01:31 AM
I thought bumping old threads for the shits of it was frowned upon. It's fucking annoying.

Nickhead
05-15-2022, 01:48 AM
I thought bumping old threads for the shits of it was frowned upon. It's fucking annoying.

he's doin some weird shit.

upvoted a couple of my random posts from years ago recently.

scho63
05-15-2022, 06:27 AM
He's digging up some serious old shit. Not sure why so many bumps of old threads.

On a side note, Dane and Milkman were all over this thread.

MarkDavis'Haircut
05-15-2022, 07:13 AM
There is a Raiders fan who still goes on about Thigpen and now the franchise blew it by not signing him.

He keeps posting that gif of Thigpen catching a TD pass.