PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Waiver wire watch

Pages : [1] 2

TFG
08-30-2009, 07:01 AM
Clearly, we need some help here in KC. As is the truth of the words of wisdom,

"That the conclusion of every weekend in the Fall must be that football and idiocy are, in fact, one and the same."

there will undoubtedly be some very stupid cuts coming from the other 31...

Instead of just posting who you'd like to see, wait until the player is actually cut, and then explain why the Chiefs should claim him.

1. Josh Mauga - LB Nevada - just cut by the Jest. Heck, great times, size, production, injury issues... but, the reason the Chiefs really need Josh = he had the lowest score on the Wonderlic test for a MLB at the Combine. Hence, the philosophy behind claiming Josh would be a hypothesis of an inverse correlation between football and intelligence. Anyone and everyone who has cheered for Vanderbilt over the past quarter century can attest to the reality of this particular hypothesis...

booger
08-30-2009, 07:11 AM
Mauga just signed sometime this month too didn't he? Undrafted and didn't even get a tryout. I was suprised by that.

milkman
08-30-2009, 07:19 AM
Mauga just signed sometime this month too didn't he? Undrafted and didn't even get a tryout. I was suprised by that.

Yeah, just a couple of weeks ago.

Didn't really get much of an opportunity, but I can't sese the Chiefs going after him, given that he was out there for so long before being signed.

booger
08-30-2009, 07:44 AM
Yeah, just a couple of weeks ago.

Didn't really get much of an opportunity, but I can't sese the Chiefs going after him, given that he was out there for so long before being signed.

Yeah. Also of note is i think he is more of a thumper at ILB. Our pass drops have been very bad from those spots and he probably wouldn't upgrade Beisel or mays, probably not even belcher. This is a spot that Demo Williams needs to step up as that could be a role for him to fill as a coverage/nickel backer.

TFG
08-30-2009, 09:20 AM

He had a torn pec that forced him to miss the bowl game against Maryland. To get signed, you must first pass a physical.

Mauga is a player. Fast and agile. I'd grab him now and attempt to stash him on the PS next week.

bevischief
08-30-2009, 04:09 PM
http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Fincher__Clark_Among_Five_Players_Released_48400.jsp

The Redskins released five players on Sunday, including linebacker Alfred Fincher and offensive lineman Devin Clark, to get down to the roster limit of 75.

Along with Fincher and Clark, the Redskins released wide receiver Marques Hagans, safety Michael Grant and defensive lineman Michael Marquardt.

Who has made it so far? All of the club’s draft picks and undrafted rookies remain on the roster.

Following this Thursday’s preseason finale at Jacksonville, the Redskins must reduce their roster to the NFL-mandated 53 by Sept. 5.

Fincher’s release was a mild surprise, but the Redskins drafted two linebackers in Cody Glenn and Robert Henson and have been impressed with undrafted rookie Darrel Young.
null

Fincher was on the Redskins’ roster all of last season and played primarily on special teams, recording nine tackles in 15 games.

"To us, there was kind of a ceiling there on him, compared to the other guys who are coming on," Jim Zorn said of Fincher. "He may have been more seasoned, but sometimes in a younger guy there is a potential there that you like."

Clark, a 6-4, 325-pound offensive lineman who lined up at tackle in preseason, played in two games for the Redskins last year. He spent the first 14 weeks of the season on the team’s practice squad.

Grant and Hagans were also on the Redskins’ practice squad last year. Grant originally joined the practice squad on Nov. 27 and Hagans originally joined the practice squad on Dec. 9.

Hagans was thought to be in the mix for the No. 5 wide receiver job, but he did not make an impact in preseason games, catching just one pass for nine yards.

Marquardt joined the Redskins in the middle of 2009 training camp.

bevischief
08-30-2009, 04:10 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/30/niners-nix-five-players/

The San Francisco 49ers have complied, two days early, with the requirement that they reduce their rosters from 80 to 75.

Gone are receiver Mark Bradford, receiver Chris Francies, kicker Alex Romero, cornerback Carlos Thomas, and cornerback Jahi Word-Daniels.

The team made the announcement on Sunday afternoon.

None had much of a history with the team. All become fodder for the UFL.

FD
08-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Anyone know about this guy Clark from the Redskins? Tackle is a good position for them so he might be worth a look.

TFG
08-30-2009, 05:09 PM
Anyone know about this guy Clark from the Redskins?

He got used against the Pats backups.

KCChiefsMan
08-30-2009, 05:14 PM
lets hope Steve Hutchinson, Joe Thomas and Kevin Mawae all get cut so we can have a chance this season.

bevischief
08-30-2009, 05:57 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/30/pats-dump-kevin-oconnell/

Pats dump Kevin O'Connell
Posted by Mike Florio on August 30, 2009 4:29 PM ET
Last year, there was much speculation that the Patriots might cut backup quarterback Matt Cassel, who was having a preseason most league observers regarded as rough.

If rookie Kevin O'Connell, a third-round draft pick in 2008, had been ready to fill the void in the event starter Tom Brady became injured (which, obviously, he did), maybe Cassel would have been cut.

Cassel stayed, and we know the rest of the story.

This year, O'Connell surprisingly has gotten the boot, despite his third-round pedigree.

The news comes from Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com Future, who for now is still working the beat for the Globe.

O'Connell will be subject to the waivers system. And the team most likely to make a claim will be the Kansas City Chiefs, given that G.M. Scott Pioli was the V.P. of player personnel in New England when O'Connell arrived from San Diego State a year ago.

The only teams with priority over the Chiefs in the waiver process will be the Lions and the Rams. Given the uncertainty of the quarterback depth chart in St. Louis, we wouldn't be surprised if the Rams put in a claim for him.

If the Chiefs get O'Connell and move Tyler Thigpen, they'll have the same trio of quarterbacks that the Pats had last year, post-Brady: Cassell, O'Connell, and Matt Gutierrez.

Cosmos
08-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Anyone find it interesting that O'Connell was a Pioli 2008 3rd rd pick?

bevischief
08-30-2009, 06:21 PM

Yes.

Mr. Krab
08-30-2009, 06:22 PM
No, why should we?

SAUTO
08-30-2009, 06:22 PM

if you ask most here on the planet pioli had nothing to do with the draft, he was the pro personnel guy. it cant be both ways.

Cosmos
08-30-2009, 06:27 PM
if you ask most here on the planet pioli had nothing to do with the draft, he was the pro personnel guy. it cant be both ways.

If he was in fact the pro guy.... er, nevermind.

I was focusing on an apparent failed 3rd rd pick by our current GM, and the posibility that he might put a claim in.

Mr. Krab
08-30-2009, 06:29 PM

I was focusing on an apparent failed 3rd rd pick by our current GM, and the posibility that he might put a claim in.
You think he wants to takeover his 3rd round contract? Maybe he ends up being our 3rd string QB. :shrug:

SAUTO
08-30-2009, 06:30 PM

i know what you meant. just when it was draft time guys bashed everything pioli did and used the excuse that he was the pro guy, not the draft guy(as if they even knew for sure what he did) now some are bashing him for the pats draft history. i was gigging some others

milkman
08-30-2009, 06:30 PM

What?

I've never seen anyone make that claim.

Pioli was the vice president/personnel.

All scouts, both pro and college were under his charge.

SAUTO
08-30-2009, 06:31 PM
What.

I've never seen anyone make that claim.

Pioli was the vice president/personnel.

All scouts, both pro and college were under his charge.

milkman, hamas and many other HAVE made that claim. trust me on this one, they argued with me on multiple different occasions.

milkman
08-30-2009, 06:34 PM
milkman, hamas and many other HAVE made that claim. trust me on this one, they argued with me on multiple different occasions.

Sorry, Jason, I was involved in many of those arguments, and I don't recall seeing that claim.

SAUTO
08-30-2009, 06:38 PM
Sorry, Jason, I was involved in many of those arguments, and I don't recall seeing that claim.

MECCA and HAMAS BOTH said it in the draft thread, said dimitroff(sp) was in charge of drafts, pioli was in charge of signing free agents. it was about 290 posts in

SAUTO
08-30-2009, 06:41 PM
He's actually right Pioli was pro personnel...Dmitrov was the head of college scouting.

Yeah at getting PRO free agents. Atlanta's GM was the college guy.

the quotes are backwards, then later hamas chimed in.

TFG
08-30-2009, 06:58 PM
I was thinking the board should have a "stuck" thread on this topic, with specifically posts about specific players cut, and nothing but that to clutter up the topic. If you have watched player X and he gets cut and you think the Chiefs should grab him, tell us why. Clearly, Mauga's Wonderlic score was an attempt at humor that didn't exactly set the planet on fire...

gblowfish
08-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Well,we have the entire Arena League to pull from....

Coach
08-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Well,we have the entire Arena League to pull from....

So uh, how's Printers doing these days?

booger
08-31-2009, 07:25 AM
08 second rd pick

Dexter Jackson WR/KR/PR

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=7273&trid=home

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Biggs-Bucs-inform-2008-2nd-rounder-he-will-be-waived.html

Buehler445
08-31-2009, 07:32 AM
08 second rd pick

Dexter Jackson WR/KR/PR

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Biggs-Bucs-inform-2008-2nd-rounder-he-will-be-waived.html

WTF?

beach tribe
08-31-2009, 07:37 AM
08 second rd pick

Dexter Jackson WR/KR/PR

Holy crap. Why the hell would they do that?

I'd have to take a look.

TFG
08-31-2009, 07:38 AM
WTF?

The kid doesn't have what I call "trajectory assessment." He doesn't adjust to a thrown ball. If you hit him in stride, he looks like a second rounder. He's blazing fast and can turn. His eyes and brain just do not properly assess a thrown football. He also turns it over.

TFG
08-31-2009, 07:39 AM
With all due apologies, please do not stop posting ideas. I crap on most players. Keep 'em coming. At least Dexter Jackson would add speed to the WRs on the roster...

booger
08-31-2009, 07:40 AM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wilson-Roderick-Green-ready-to-return-to-NFL.html

pass rusher DE/OLB Roderick Green. Special teams stalwart, 12 sacks in 5 yrs.

http://www.nfl.com/players/roderickgreen/profile?id=GRE332518 worth a shot if he legal woes are behind him.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-31-2009, 07:41 AM

I'd have to take a look.
isnt that the dude that lite up Michigan, in App st win against them a couple years back

Frosty
08-31-2009, 07:41 AM

I'd have to take a look.

Clifton Smith and Sammie Stroughter made him expendable. Stroughter is an actual receiver, too.

booger
08-31-2009, 07:42 AM
isnt that the dude that lite up Michigan, in App st win against them a couple years back

yup

booger
08-31-2009, 07:43 AM
WTF?

I'd have to take a look.

Clifton Smith and Sammie Stroughter made him expendable. Stroughter is an actual receiver, too.

what arc said.;)

TFG
08-31-2009, 07:46 AM

Yes, he had a long return for a TD and a long catch for a TD. I believe the throw was "perfect" and the kick or punt he returned was not a "difficult" one. In Tampa, you have to catch punts in the rain sometimes. In the Shrine game, it looked like he had trouble adjusting to thrown balls.

TFG
08-31-2009, 07:47 AM
One of the shocking things about Dexter Jackson's college stats was how few catches he really had. A Second Rounder at A-State should have 100 catches. He didn't. He never had more than 33 catches in a season. WHY? Because the ball had to be perfect or he didn't adjust to it.

http://espndb.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=160674

booger
08-31-2009, 07:47 AM
With all due apologies, please do not stop posting ideas. I crap on most players. Keep 'em coming. At least Dexter Jackson would add speed to the WRs on the roster...

:thumb:

booger
08-31-2009, 08:40 AM
-- Seahawks Could Release Deion Branch --
Mon Aug 31, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com

•Tacoma News-Tribune's Eric D. Williams believes the Seattle Seahawks could cut WR Deion Branch. The team traditionally kept six receivers while HC Mike Holmgren was coach, but new OC Greg Knapp has run more two-tight-end sets during the preseason and not as many three- or four-receiver sets, so the Seahawks could get by with keeping just five wideouts. So far, WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh, WR Nate Burleson, and WR Deon Butler are likely in, with WR Deion Branch, WR Courtney Taylor, WR Ben Obomanu and WR Jordan Kent fighting for the last couple of spots. Branch will make $5 million this season to be Seattle's third receiver and the Seahawks have a lot of depth at the position. So they may live with five receivers and let Branch go to keep a player at a different position.

http://www.ffmastermind.com/quickbits

TFG
08-31-2009, 12:27 PM
The Panthers put OL CJ Davis (undrafted - Pitt) on IR today. I believe he must "clear waivers" before he goes there. Davis is a tough interior with a lot of experience, and a pretty decent C and OLG. He is fundamentally sound, decently athletic, and has power. If he has not yet cleared waivers and isn't going to be out much longer - a big IF considering he's been out with an ankle for at least three weeks - I'd grab him.

booger
08-31-2009, 12:33 PM
Also the panthers cut Rookie OT Gerald Cadogan from Penn St. I think the chiefs showed interest in him before the draft.

DaKCMan AP
08-31-2009, 12:35 PM
-- Seahawks Could Release Deion Branch --
Mon Aug 31, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com

•Tacoma News-Tribune's Eric D. Williams believes the Seattle Seahawks could cut WR Deion Branch. The team traditionally kept six receivers while HC Mike Holmgren was coach, but new OC Greg Knapp has run more two-tight-end sets during the preseason and not as many three- or four-receiver sets, so the Seahawks could get by with keeping just five wideouts. So far, WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh, WR Nate Burleson, and WR Deon Butler are likely in, with WR Deion Branch, WR Courtney Taylor, WR Ben Obomanu and WR Jordan Kent fighting for the last couple of spots. Branch will make $5 million this season to be Seattle's third receiver and the Seahawks have a lot of depth at the position. So they may live with five receivers and let Branch go to keep a player at a different position.

http://www.ffmastermind.com/quickbits

If Branch is cut I hope Pioli jumps all over that!

TFG
08-31-2009, 12:38 PM
Also the panthers cut Rookie OT Gerald Cadogan from Penn St. I think the chiefs showed interest in him before the draft.

Cadogan has a "narrow base" and lacks power. He is great working out in shorts at the Combine. He really should try another position. He isn't powerful enough for OL.

TFG
08-31-2009, 12:38 PM
If Branch is cut I hope Pioli jumps all over that!

serious injury case

booger
08-31-2009, 12:40 PM
Cadogan has a "narrow base" and lacks power. He is great working out in shorts at the Combine. He really should try another position. He isn't powerful enough for OL.

well we don't need another LT project. LOL. RT we need a RT!

The Franchise
08-31-2009, 12:44 PM

From nfl.com/draft

Strengths: Strong in the lower body, can get under the pads of taller defensive ends to drive them back. Has the length and anchor to keep defenders at bay in pass protection. Quick to cut his end on rush plays and screen passes. Gives great effort in the open field, and will latch onto defenders or just put a hand on them to widen the running lane. Plays with an attitude.

Weaknesses: Only adequate height and bulk for the left tackle position, and may move inside at the next level. Lacks the quick feet for outside pass protection. Inconsistent with his initial quickness off the snap. Loses his balance in pass protection and blocking on the second level because he overextends. Not consistently effective on pulls, and misses targets in space due to his heavy-footedness.

booger
08-31-2009, 12:47 PM
From nfl.com/draft

Lacks the quick feet for outside pass protection. Inconsistent with his initial quickness off the snap. Loses his balance in pass protection and blocking on the second level because he overextends. Not consistently effective on pulls, and misses targets in space due to his heavy-footedness.

we got enough of them already. lol

DaKCMan AP
08-31-2009, 12:50 PM
serious injury case

Maybe so, but he's better than anyone on our roster not named Dwayne Bowe.

corandval
08-31-2009, 02:07 PM
The Panthers put OL CJ Davis (undrafted - Pitt) on IR today. I believe he must "clear waivers" before he goes there. Davis is a tough interior with a lot of experience, and a pretty decent C and OLG. He is fundamentally sound, decently athletic, and has power. If he has not yet cleared waivers and isn't going to be out much longer - a big IF considering he's been out with an ankle for at least three weeks - I'd grab him. why would he have to clear waivers to go on IR

TFG
08-31-2009, 03:40 PM
why would he have to clear waivers to go on IR

It is that "waived/injured" thing. It happened to one I liked, undrafted WR Lucas Taylor of Tenn, by the Broncos. If the kid is going to get cut and has a "minor injury," the team can either "waive/injure" him and place him on IR if he clears waivers, or "injury settlement" which is "goodbye forever." You cannot cut a player "injured." NFLPA stuff.

TFG
08-31-2009, 03:49 PM
Lacks the quick feet for outside pass protection. Inconsistent with his initial quickness off the snap. Loses his balance in pass protection and blocking on the second level because he overextends (TFG insertion = because he lacks power and doesn't trust his power). Not consistently effective on pulls, and misses targets in space due to his heavy-footedness.

we got enough of them already. lol

He definitely has quick feet. I would not describe him as "heavy footed" either. He gets there. He puts his hands on the defender... and nothing happens. Hips are too narrow and hence he doesn't "pivot" and sink his hips with power.

At the combine, he smoked the 40...

40 5.12 tied for fourth amongst OLs

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers?tabIndex=0#tp-tab-set-1:tp-grid-container-forty-yard-dash

Notice that he is way back on the "turning" drills, and just flat out sorry on the jumps. The "jumps" measure "explosion" and short term "power" for OLs, because OL power comes from the base - lower body. A "narrow base" for an OL also means "top heavy" because the whole body cannot be "narrow" for any sort of "power" position. Those usually have big trouble with anchoring and double moves.

Mecca
08-31-2009, 04:37 PM
I don't care if Jackson never catches a pass, the Chiefs need a return man bad.

Bill Lundberg
08-31-2009, 05:05 PM

THIS

Bill Lundberg
08-31-2009, 05:13 PM
Anyone know anything about Right Tackle, Ryan Tucker?
Browns | Tucker reportedly released
Mon, 31 Aug 2009 14:30:07 -0700
Mary Kay Cabot, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports the Cleveland Browns (http://www.kffl.com/team/13/nfl) have released OT Ryan Tucker (http://www.kffl.com/player/457/nfl), according to ESPN Cleveland's Mark Bishop.

BigChiefFan
08-31-2009, 05:19 PM
Montell Owens the FB, special teams guru may be let go from the Jaguars. I'd love to see us pick him up if he gets released.

http://www.jaguars.com/team/Player.aspx?id=2658

SAUTO
08-31-2009, 05:20 PM

i dont see how he could be ANY worse than what we've got, has he still got 2 legs?

BigRock
08-31-2009, 05:26 PM

I know he had knee surgery last week.

bevischief
08-31-2009, 06:34 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/8/31/1009633/the-raiders-waive-franklin

Franklin waived by the Raiders.

bevischief
08-31-2009, 06:36 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/31/report-browns-release-ryan-tucker/

Report: Browns release Ryan Tucker
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 31, 2009 6:01 PM ET
After seven up and down years, offensive lineman Ryan Tucker's run in Cleveland appears to be over.

ESPN Cleveland is reporting that the Browns have cut Tucker and cornerback Roderick Hood. The Browns did not confirm Tucker's news in a release Monday that did mention the release of Hood, who has suffered a steep fall from grace since leaving the Eagles.

Hood was expected to compete for a starting job at the start of training camp, as was Tucker. But Tucker couldn't avoid his nagging injury problems, and hadn't been seen at the Browns facility since having to leave a practice last week. He reportedly underwent knee surgery last Wednesday.

Tucker won a Super Bowl ring as a member of the '99 Rams.

SAUTO
08-31-2009, 06:36 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/8/31/1009633/the-raiders-waive-franklin

Franklin waived by the Raiders.

funny how many here threw a fit when we released himROFL

SenselessChiefsFan
08-31-2009, 06:59 PM
funny how many here threw a fit when we released himROFL

I didn't throw a fit, but I was shocked. I assumed he really p!ssed off the coaching staff.

I was a little annoyed that he was let go, only because the Chiefs have crap for talent at WR... and had even less at that point.... and he was a tall, fast, athletic WR that should have at least went to camp, IMO.

And, I still haven't heard what caused him to be released.

I am not saying he is great, but take him to camp, and see what you have with him.

To me, it was just dumb.

CaliforniaChief
08-31-2009, 07:19 PM
I didn't throw a fit, but I was shocked. I assumed he really p!ssed off the coaching staff.

I was a little annoyed that he was let go, only because the Chiefs have crap for talent at WR... and had even less at that point.... and he was a tall, fast, athletic WR that should have at least went to camp, IMO.

And, I still haven't heard what caused him to be released.

I am not saying he is great, but take him to camp, and see what you have with him.

To me, it was just dumb.

Obviously not. He couldn't even make the first cut for the Raiders. We aspire for higher things.

aturnis
08-31-2009, 07:34 PM
Long snapper Nathan Hodel was released by the Pats. He was the LS in Arizona from '01-'08, and spent the preseason in New England.

ChiefMojo
08-31-2009, 07:34 PM
To be fair Franklin has been cut by the Chiefs, Lions, AND Faiders all before the season has started. Face it the guy really isn't that good.

Mecca
08-31-2009, 07:36 PM
Long snapper Nathan Hodel was released by the Pats. He was the LS in Arizona from '01-'08, and spent the preseason in New England.

They must have liked the guy they drafted, NE drafted the guy who was considered the best long snapper in the draft.

aturnis
08-31-2009, 07:39 PM
I know Haley wasn't happy with Gafford, and his replacement Purdum(?) was so good he brought Gafford back. Haley has a history with this guy, and New England has a history with him, so I could see him replacing Gafford.

aturnis
08-31-2009, 07:50 PM
Anyone mention Marcus Johnson? Cut by the Raiders(I know), but was a 2nd round pick in '05. Gotta be better than what we've got right?

Mecca
08-31-2009, 09:35 PM
The Chargers traded a 6th round pick for Travis Johnson from Houston...they continue to stockpile talent.

Micjones
08-31-2009, 11:25 PM

He would definitely fill that role.
And give Charles an opportunity to stay fresh and contribute offensively.

Bill Lundberg
09-01-2009, 10:55 AM
<table border="0" width="630"><tbody><tr><td width="80%">Browns | Tucker placed on IR, not released
</td><td width="20%">Comment (0) (http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=592346) http://www.kffl.com/images/icons/twitter.jpg (http://twitter.com/?status=Per%20KFFL.com:%20Browns%20%7C%20Tucker%20placed%20on%20IR,%20not%20released%20-%20http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=592346) http://www.kffl.com/images/icons/facebook.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=592346)</td></tr></tbody></table>Tue, 01 Sep 2009 09:38:19 -0700 The Associated Press reports the Cleveland Browns (http://www.kffl.com/team/13/nfl) have not released OT Ryan Tucker (http://www.kffl.com/player/457/nfl) (knee), instead head coach Eric Mangini (http://www.kffl.com/player/11516/nfl) said the team has placed him on season-ending Injured Reserve. Mangini said he did not know if Tucker plans to retire, but noted the team may be working out an injury settlement with him.

aturnis
09-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Ravens release Cleo Lemon. Does this mean they are back in the mix for Thigpen?

The Franchise
09-01-2009, 11:13 AM
The Chargers traded a 6th round pick for Travis Johnson from Houston...they continue to stockpile talent.

The Falcons traded an undisclosed 2010 draft pick for Tye Hill, CB from the Rams.

OnTheWarpath15
09-01-2009, 11:18 AM
The Falcons traded an undisclosed 2010 draft pick for Tye Hill, CB from the Rams.

Doubt it's more than a 5th.

Dude is HORRIBLE.

Good move by Billy Devaney for getting something for a guy they were going to cut.

shitgoose
09-01-2009, 11:32 AM

7th rd pick 2010

Bill Lundberg
09-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Doubt it's more than a 5th.

Dude is HORRIBLE.

Good move by Billy Devaney for getting something for a guy they were going to cut.

Schefter reported it was a 7th.

OnTheWarpath15
09-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Schefter reported it was a 7th.

Makes sense.

aturnis
09-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Adrian Arrington might be cut from the Saints. Missed last year with a toe, and is apparently nursing a hammy this preseason. Can't see how he wouldn't be an upgrade over our scrubs.

TFG
09-01-2009, 07:39 PM
According to the WashTimes reporter, the Skins should cut UDFA Edwin Williams C Maryland.

http://washingtontimes.com/weblogs/redskins/2009/sep/01/redskins-53-man-projection/

If this idiot reporter is right, the Chiefs need to put in a claim. I doubt he is right, because Joe Bugel went out of his way to say he likes Edwin, but I also believe football and idiocy are one and the same. Edwin Williams would be a huge upgrade at Center.

TFG
09-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Anyone mention Marcus Johnson? Cut by the Raiders(I know), but was a 2nd round pick in '05. Gotta be better than what we've got right?

Flopped with the Vikings, who gave him every chance in the world. Has flaws. Doesn't have power. Plays too high. Can look athletic and "fool" you a bit, but he sukks.

TFG
09-01-2009, 07:49 PM

They took Hill over Jon Joseph and Cromartie...

Consistent1
09-01-2009, 07:49 PM
They can get Boomer back to replace Cox after his ankle sprain heals. Should only be 2-3 more weeks.

booger
09-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Michael Bumpus

WR/PR seahawks

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1616842

DJ's left nut
09-01-2009, 09:04 PM
The Rams cut Joe Klopfenstein.

He's a very large guy, he's fast for a TE and coming out of college he had good hands but seems to have developed a mental block. He's always been a pretty hardnosed player.

All the tools are there for him to be a solid player in the league, I'd like to give him a look.

Mecca
09-01-2009, 09:06 PM
Randy McMichael smacked him as if he were his wife.

raybec 4
09-01-2009, 09:14 PM

He's a very large guy, he's fast for a TE and coming out of college he had good hands but seems to have developed a mental block. He's always been a pretty hardnosed player.

All the tools are there for him to be a solid player in the league, I'd like to give him a look.

Denver cut Putzier too.

BigChiefFan
09-01-2009, 11:09 PM
The Giants released OT Andrew Carnahan-I would definitely consider bringing him in. He's 6'7", 306 lbs. and only 25 years old, going into his second season. The Giants have alot of depth along their O-line and this kid has limited experience, but some upside.

aturnis
09-01-2009, 11:11 PM
The Giants released OT Andrew Carnahan-I would definitely consider bringing him in. He's 6'7", 306 lbs. and only 25 years old, going into his second season. The Giants have alot of depth along their O-line and this kid has limited experience, but some upside.

He was already with the Chiefs earlier this year. I think they cut him before the draft. If they didn't like him then, they won't like him now.

BigChiefFan
09-01-2009, 11:13 PM
The Broncos released C Blake Schlueter. He's small for a starter, but he might make a Hell of a LS.

BigChiefFan
09-01-2009, 11:16 PM
He was already with the Chiefs earlier this year. I think they cut him before the draft. If they didn't like him then, they won't like him now.After seeing how Barry Richardson, Damion McInSOFT, and Herb Taylor have performed, they might reconsider.

booger
09-02-2009, 02:43 AM
be interesting to see if the pats cut RT Ryan O'Callaghan. Wonder if Amnorix has any insight to that?

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=playerbio&bio=32014

beach tribe
09-02-2009, 05:45 AM
According to the WashTimes reporter, the Skins should cut UDFA Edwin Williams C Maryland.

http://washingtontimes.com/weblogs/redskins/2009/sep/01/redskins-53-man-projection/

If this idiot reporter is right, the Chiefs need to put in a claim. I doubt he is right, because Joe Bugel went out of his way to say he likes Edwin, but I also believe football and idiocy are one and the same. Edwin Williams would be a huge upgrade at Center.

HA HAA!! This is the guy you had us picking in the 3rd rnd!!! I'll bet you were researching him to tell us how right you were about him, and how he was flourishing for some team. Whoops.

Yeah, he's awesome. Can't even make a roster.

That said. I think we should look at anyone for the O-line.

TFG
09-02-2009, 06:13 AM
HA HAA!! This is the guy you had us picking in the 3rd rnd!!! I'll bet you were researching him to tell us how right you were about him, and how he was flourishing for some team. Whoops.

Yeah, he's awesome. Can't even make a roster.

That said. I think we should look at anyone for the O-line.

:clap:

PARROT is as PARROT does.

Just imagine how dumb you thought the Colts were when they claimed Lilja...

TFG
09-02-2009, 06:14 AM
be interesting to see if the pats cut RT Ryan O'Callaghan. Wonder if Amnorix has any insight to that?

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=playerbio&bio=32014

O'Call is really not athletic enough to be an NFL starting OT. Smart, big, some power, he just isn't quick.

TFG
09-02-2009, 06:15 AM

Good receiver. Absolute zero as a blocker.

TFG
09-02-2009, 06:16 AM
Michael Bumpus

WR/PR seahawks

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1616842

Definitely was a player at Wash St. Haven't followed him since.

beach tribe
09-02-2009, 06:40 AM
:clap:

PARROT is as PARROT does.

Just imagine how dumb you thought the Colts were when they claimed Lilja...

Why do you keep saying this?

Our Line was stacked at the time we tried to "slip" Lilja to the PS.

The colts grabbed him. Do you really think you're the only person who thought that was a bad move by us? My god. You are so arrogant.

TFG
09-02-2009, 06:42 AM
Why do you keep saying this?

Our Line was stacked at the time we tried to "slip" Lilja to the PS.

The colts grabbed him. Do you really think you're the only person who thought that was a bad move by us? My god. You are so arrogant.

Indeed, I was the only "Draft Guru" online who had anything but an undrafted grade on Lilja...

Congrats to those who watched him in preseason and saw he clearly was not someone who should have been cut.

DaKCMan AP
09-02-2009, 06:54 AM
Indeed, I was the only "Douchebag Guru" online who had anything but an undrafted grade on Lilja...

Congrats to those who watched him in preseason and saw he clearly was not someone who should have been cut.

FYP

Chiefnj2
09-02-2009, 08:06 AM
Is it worth it to bring in Stepanovich (c) for a look?

DJ's left nut
09-02-2009, 08:43 AM
Good receiver. Absolute zero as a blocker.

At this point, that is true.

However, he has a very large frame and is a powerful kid. With the way he'd sacrifice his body over the middle to make a catch, he has the mentality to be a good blocker. He was just never asked to do it in Colorado and seemed to run into injury issues in STL.

The TE may be marginalized in this offense, but we still need to have an NFL caliber player there. At present, we don't. I think Klop could be a solid player for us.

booger
09-02-2009, 09:02 AM
TE Ben Hartsock

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/492958

milkman
09-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Is it worth it to bring in Stepanovich (c) for a look?

The Steelers O-Line isn't really all that much better than the Chiefs, and as I understand it, they have some injury issues and a lack of experienced depth, yet they still think that Stepanovitch is expendable.

Can't rule anyone out, and when he came out of school, I thought he had some potential.

But I really don't think there's much to see.

Chiefnj2
09-02-2009, 09:22 AM
Casey Hampton on the outs?
Posted by Mike Florio on September 2, 2009 7:32 AM ET
As the huge roster reduction from 75 to 53 approaches (the deadline is Saturday at 6:00 p.m. ET), some veteran players could be on the bubble.

One such player, according to Jason La Canfora of NFL Network (i.e., don't blame us), possibly is Steelers nose tackle Casey Hampton.

Asked during a Monday chat whether he sees any potential surprises on the cut-down horizon, La Canfora wrote, "One player I am sniffing around on right now is Casey Hampton. [Editor's note: That's one hell of an image with which to start the morning.] Steelers could use some cap room, he may not be [someone] they would extend at this point. [I'd] think a trade is more likely, but some people I know close to the situation say they would not be stunned if a move of some sort was made."

Wow.

Last year, Hampton showed up for training camp well above his target weight, and he was held out of practice until August 10. (Thanks, Rotoworld.) He went on to start 13 regular-season games and three postseason contests, including the Super Bowl.

This year, Hampton showed up within his proper weight, and he has started each of the three preseason games. And while he's entering the final year of his contract, at a salary of $3.075 million, the Steelers typically don't move guys that they might not be planning to re-sign. Instead, the Steelers allow them to finish out their deals, and then to leave.

As word of La Canfora's opinion has made the round, Hampton addressed the matter after practice on Tuesday.

"Oh, they're going to cut me today?" Hampton said, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

But Hampton then addressed his uncertain future, given that defensive end Brett Keisel was picked to receive a five-year deal -- and Hampton wasn't.

"If they let me get to free agency, everybody knows what it's going to be," Hampton said. "There ain't nothing to even talk about."

If La Canfora's "sniffing around" Hampton yields other than the smell of Twinkie crumbs, Hampton might be a free agent six months before he otherwise planned to be.

the Talking Can
09-02-2009, 09:26 AM
hampton is 31

but he would be shocking increase in talent at the NT for us

BigChiefFan
09-02-2009, 09:30 AM
I'd take a flyer on Casey Hampton in a heartbeat. Our NTs are trash. Even a band-aid approach would at least buy us some time until we could find a more permanent solution.

beach tribe
09-02-2009, 09:46 AM
hampton is 31

but he would be shocking increase in talent at the NT for us

OMG OMG

Please, please, please. He's got some good years left.

milkman
09-02-2009, 09:50 AM
I find that Hampton rumor extremely difficult to believe.

They might let him walk after his contract is up after this season, but I highly doubt that they simply cut him this year.

Now, they might put him on the trading block right now so they can get something in return before his contract expires, but no way in hell they just cut him.

And it would take a decent draft pick to get him.

beach tribe
09-02-2009, 09:52 AM
I find that Hampton rumor extremely difficult to believe.

They might let him walk after his contract is up after this season, but I highly doubt that they simply cut him this year.

Now, they might put him on the trading block right now so they can get something in return before his contract expires, but no way in hell they just cut him.

And it would take a decent draft pick to get him.

Yeah, that was my initial thought as well. Just not the Steelers style.
That said, I would come off of something for this guy.

BigChiefFan
09-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Here's the full story about Hampton...

Steelers' Hampton not worried about contract rumors
Buzz up!By Scott Brown, TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Casey Hampton
Chaz Palla/Tribune-Review file

About the writer
Scott Brown is the Steelers beat writer. He can be reached via e-mail. Also check out Brown's blog and Steelers Q&A.

Casey Hampton reacted to Internet rumors that the Steelers will release the veteran nose tackle before the start of the regular season.

"Oh, they're going to cut me today?" Hampton said after Tuesday's practice.

If he didn't seem too concerned, neither did inside linebacker James Farrior, who's long benefited from Hampton occupying multiple blockers up front.

"Been nice working with you, dawg," Farrior said, with a laugh, as he left the Steelers' locker room.

Unfortunately for Hampton, Farrior may say something similar to him in the not-so-distant future.

Hampton is one of a handful of starters heading into the final year of his contract, and the Steelers may be finished doing business until after the 2009 season following the signing of defensive end Brett Keisel to a five-year deal Monday.

"If they let me get to free agency, everybody knows what it's going to be," said Hampton, who's made four Pro Bowls. "There ain't nothing to even talk about."

That might be another way of saying that Hampton is out of here if the Steelers don't sign him to a new deal prior to the regular-season opener Sept. 10.

Hampton spouted the same company line that others in his position have said since preseason practice started -- sort of.

"I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me, but that's part of the business," Hampton said. "But I'm not going to worry about it. I'm not going to make a grudge and say, 'I can't understand why they didn't sign me.' I understand it's a business, but being here this long ... I'm not going to lie and say it doesn't bother me because I do want to be here."

Of course, there's some risk for the Steelers if they choose to sign the 6-foot-1 Hampton, who's listed at 325 pounds, to a long-term deal. He's on the wrong side of 30, and his weight is always going to be a concern.

The risk in not signing him, of course, is trying to find someone to plug into the middle of the Steelers' 3-4 defense. Those players aren't nearly as easy to find as, say, linebackers. His present backup is Chris Hoke.

And Hampton, who turns 32 on Thursday, said he still has plenty of good years left in him.

"Ain't no question in my mind. I know what I'm capable of doing," Hampton said. "I was banged up all last year, played through it, never complained. I'm feeling real healthy this year, and I feel like when I'm healthy ... we're going to see."

But, he added, his contract situation won't become a distraction or a problem for the Steelers.

"Just trying to win a Super Bowl," Hampton said. "Not trying to be complacent like we were last time. Just trying to show these young guys to work to get back to where we were at."

booger
09-02-2009, 10:11 AM
C-G Sean Mahan

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/396027

Muir should have some insight.

Biggs: Source says Bucs will release veteran lineman MahanTampa recently forced him to take pay cut, now he's gone
Brad Biggs

September 02, 2009, 11:56 AM EST

Sean Mahan discovered you can go home, you just can’t stay too long.

Originally drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2003, and then re-acquired by the Bucs last September in a trade, Mahan was informed he will be released, a league source said.
It’s somewhat surprising from the standpoint that the center/guard had agreed to restructure his contract earlier this summer, and typically teams do not release players after going to them for a pay cut.

Mahan earned reportedly $6 million last season but didn’t see action behind center Jeff Faine. Although a calf injury sidelined Mahan some during training camp, he’s been available more than Faine, who has had a groin injury. The move signifies the Bucs will have to find someone else to play a reserve role behind Faine. Mahan was due to earn $1.6 million in base salary this season according to NFLPA records. Apparently, that was more than the team wanted to pay a backup and he wasn't moving to guard with Jeremy Zuttah and Davin Joseph entrenched.

He had signed a $17 million, five-year contract to join the Steelers in 2007, but they traded him back to Tampa after just one season in which he started all 16 games. Mahan, 29, has appeared in 88 career games with 52 starts.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Biggs-Source-says-Bucs-will-release-veteran-lineman-Mahan.html

beach tribe
09-02-2009, 10:13 AM
C-G Sean Mahan

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/396027

Biggs: Source says Bucs will release veteran lineman MahanTampa recently forced him to take pay cut, now he's gone
Brad Biggs

September 02, 2009, 11:56 AM EST

Sean Mahan discovered you can go home, you just can’t stay too long.

Originally drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2003, and then re-acquired by the Bucs last September in a trade, Mahan was informed he will be released, a league source said.
It’s somewhat surprising from the standpoint that the center/guard had agreed to restructure his contract earlier this summer, and typically teams do not release players after going to them for a pay cut.

Mahan earned reportedly $6 million last season but didn’t see action behind center Jeff Faine. Although a calf injury sidelined Mahan some during training camp, he’s been available more than Faine, who has had a groin injury. The move signifies the Bucs will have to find someone else to play a reserve role behind Faine. Mahan was due to earn $1.6 million in base salary this season according to NFLPA records. Apparently, that was more than the team wanted to pay a backup and he wasn't moving to guard with Jeremy Zuttah and Davin Joseph entrenched.

He had signed a $17 million, five-year contract to join the Steelers in 2007, but they traded him back to Tampa after just one season in which he started all 16 games. Mahan, 29, has appeared in 88 career games with 52 starts.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Biggs-Source-says-Bucs-will-release-veteran-lineman-Mahan.html

Bring him in. Bring them ALL in.

TFG
09-02-2009, 10:34 AM
As a "vested vet," Hampton would be a UFA if cut. Ditto for Mahan, who sukks.

SAUTO
09-02-2009, 11:44 AM
As a "vested vet," Hampton would be a UFA if cut. Ditto for Mahan, who sukks.

damn does everyone "sukk" that gets cut? well except the ones you liked BEFORE they got cut. are you related to mecca in any way?

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2009, 11:53 AM
damn does everyone "sukk" that gets cut?

Come on, Jason. If you're being cut on the first cut down from 80 to 75, you pretty much suck.

That doesn't mean that there won't be guys that can help the Chiefs. They may not claim any guys off of this round of cuts but I'd be shocked if they didn't claim a few on the next round when it goes from 75 to 53.

There will definitely be more than a few guys out there that can provide an upgrade to this roster.

Quesadilla Joe
09-02-2009, 11:57 AM
OMG OMG

Please, please, please. He's got some good years left.
He won't want to come to KC.
Q: When you get cut, the Lions would probably claim you. How would you win the Super Bowl?

CH: Nah, if the Lions pick me up on waivers, I’ll tell them I’ll retire. (Laughs) I ain’t going there.

T-post Tom
09-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Hence, the philosophy behind claiming Josh would be a hypothesis of an inverse correlation between football and intelligence. Anyone and everyone who has cheered for Vanderbilt over the past quarter century can attest to the reality of this particular hypothesis...

Funny. But that's enough fuzzy logic to knit yourself a new Chiefs' sweater. That said, there's not a lot of Mensa members in the NFL...

MVChiefFan
09-02-2009, 12:37 PM
He won't want to come to KC.

I fail to see where that mentions the Chiefs at all. Maybe I'm blind or maybe you're a dumbass. I'll take the latter.

TFG
09-02-2009, 01:01 PM
damn does everyone "sukk" that gets cut? well except the ones you liked BEFORE they got cut. are you related to mecca in any way?

I never liked Mahan.

Hampton clearly does not sukk. I just don't contribute to Mike Florio's take home pay by jumping at stories like that. The Steelers are not going to cut Hampton. Whether or not Mike Florio makes money by starting BS that he is or "might" depends on you. Mike Florio is the slime of the universe. He knows precisely nothing about football. All he does is "parrot" agents and lie. And, yeah, he celebrates injuries too... because he never played a contact sport in his life.

SAUTO
09-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Come on, Jason. If you're being cut on the first cut down from 80 to 75, you pretty much suck.

That doesn't mean that there won't be guys that can help the Chiefs. They may not claim any guys off of this round of cuts but I'd be shocked if they didn't claim a few on the next round when it goes from 75 to 53.

There will definitely be more than a few guys out there that can provide an upgrade to this roster.

I understand that dane, just reading his posts is a little funny sometimes

SAUTO
09-02-2009, 01:12 PM
I never liked Mahan.

i figured as much

Consistent1
09-02-2009, 07:34 PM
They can get Boomer back to replace Cox after his ankle sprain heals. Should only be 2-3 more weeks.

sELF-BUMPAGE. i THINK WE WOuLD ALL LIKE TO SEE THE CRazy COuNTRY WHITE BoY BE ABLE TO rETIRE AS A cHIEF. tHAT IS YeARS AWAY, BUT HE CoULD GIvE ONE HeLL OF A RETIrEMENT SPEECH AT arrowHEAD WHEN HE DOES gO. evEn WItH THE huge SAlARY HE WOULd REQUIRe, WE cOULd STILL sTAY UNDER tEH CaP.

Mr. Krab
09-03-2009, 09:16 AM
WR Brandon Williams - Pittsburgh steelers
LB Arnold Harrison - Pittsburgh steelers

nychief
09-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Ginats released WR David Tyree.
We all thought this was going to be coming for the Super Bowl XLII hero. Tyree wasn't bitter, "What a joy it was to be a part of something great from day one." Tyree should catch on somewhere.

milkman
09-05-2009, 08:38 AM
Figured this would be a good thread to bump today.

http://www.nfl.com/transactions

Follow the link to check out yesterday's cuts.

ArrowheadMagic
09-05-2009, 08:40 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Deberg_1990
09-05-2009, 08:57 AM
When do they have to be down to 53? By Monday?

chop
09-05-2009, 09:03 AM
When do they have to be down to 53? By Monday?

By 5pm today.

CoMoChief
09-05-2009, 09:37 AM
WR Brandon Williams - Pittsburgh steelers
LB Arnold Harrison - Pittsburgh steelers

LB Arnold Harrison is not that bad. He's probably better than some LB's we have on this team.

JD10367
09-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Ginats released WR David Tyree.
We all thought this was going to be coming for the Super Bowl XLII hero. Tyree wasn't bitter, "What a joy it was to be a part of something great from day one." Tyree should catch on somewhere.

That name... someone... mentioned.... that name....

http://www.bedalemf.com/assets/images/supercoldmasterconc.gif

http://www.aidstreatment-tree.org/images/aidstree.jpg

http://www.executedtoday.com/images/self_immolation.jpg

Delano
09-05-2009, 12:04 PM
<table width="630" border="0"><tbody><tr><td width="80%">Eagles | Klecko released
</td><td width="20%"> [/URL]</td></tr></tbody></table>Sat, 05 Sep 2009 10:48:17 -0700 Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports the [URL="http://www.kffl.com/team/29/nfl"]Philadelphia Eagles (http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=593571) have released DT/FB Dan Klecko (http://www.kffl.com/player/5937/nfl).

Is Klecko a Pioli guy?

salame
09-05-2009, 12:05 PM
kleco was a colt

Delano
09-05-2009, 12:07 PM
kleco was a colt

That is true. Before he was with the Colts, he won two titles with New England.

salame
09-05-2009, 12:11 PM
That is true. Before he was with the Colts, he won two titles with New England.

you are right they drafted him in 03
you want him as a fullback?

Reaper16
09-05-2009, 12:25 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/9/5/1017168/kansas-city-chiefs-inquire-about

I guess the Chiefs are talking to David "The Catch 2k7" Tyree.

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Posted in the other thread, but not sure which one it applies to, sorry for the repost..

Several players being shopped
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

"The Green Bay Packers have been shopping several players heading into the deadline for mandatory roster cuts Saturday.

Several league personnel sources said that among the players the Packers have been shopping are tackle Tony Moll and safeties Charlie Peprah and Aaron Rouse. All three would be candidates to be released when the Packers have to trim their roster from 75 to 53.

It's not unusual for the Packers to make calls around the league to see if there would be interest in making a trade. Their hope would be that a team low on the waiver priority list would want one of the players they're offering and be willing to trade a draft pick to cut in front of the other teams.

At least two linemen are being shopped by the Packers and presumably one of the others is center Scott Wells, who lost a training camp competition with Jason Spitz for a starting spot. However, none of the scouts specifically identified Wells as trade bait.

If Moll is on the block, it indicates that the Packers are considering releasing him and want to see if they can get compensation instead. Of the backup linemen, Wells has the most trade value, but the Packers would have to get a strong offer for him because their only other option now to back up Spitz is rookie free agent Evan Deitrich-Smith."

JD10367
09-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Word is spreading that the Pats are going to cut WR Terrence Nunn. If true, I'm pissed. This kid has looked really good in training camp and preseason. He's definitely worth a look from you guys.

Mr. Krab
09-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Ravens waived WR/KR Yamon Figurs.
He was the 74th overall pick in the 2007 draft thanks to his speed. He isn't a servicable receiver and injuries have made him a mediocre returner.

Mr. Krab
09-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Bengals release

WR Maurice Purify, CB Rico Murray, TE Kolomona Kapanui, G Andrew Crummey, DT Ventrell Jenkins, OT Augustus Parrish, LB Dan Skuta, DE Chris Harrington, DT Langston Moore, FB Chris Pressley, S Corey Lynch, LB Jim Maxwell, LB Darryl Blackstock, DT Clinton McDonald and OG Jason Shirle

ArrowheadMagic
Word is spreading that the Pats are going to cut WR Terrence Nunn. If true, I'm pissed. This kid has looked really good in training camp and preseason. He's definitely worth a look from you guys.
Patriots | Nunn informed of his release
Comment (0)
Sat, 05 Sep 2009 13:02:25 -0700
Mike Reiss, of the Boston Globe, reports New England Patriots WR Terrence Nunn has been informed of his release. He could be a practice squad candidate but would have to clear waivers.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Mr. Krab
Lions released RB Aveion Cason.

Cason has spent time on the Lions' roster from 2006-08. He can provide some value on special teams, either on coverage or as a kickoff-return man.

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 02:13 PM
According to Aaron Wilson, the Ravens have traded DB Derrick Martin to the Packers.

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Rams released S Todd Johnson.
Johnson was just a special teamer. Rams also waived LB K.C. Asiodu, DT Antwon Burton, TE Eric Butler, DE Ian Campbell, LB Dominic Douglas, OT Renardo Foster, FB Jerome Johnson, C Tim Mattran, CB Cord Parks, S Mark Rubin, G Roy Schuening, OT Phil Trautwein and WR Sean Walker.

Rams waived WR Tim Carter.
Carter's contract was terminated as a vested veteran. Considering how thin the Rams are at wide receiver, it's pretty surprising they dumped both Carter and Ronald Curry today.

Mr. Krab
Steelers release wide receiver Steven Black, wide receiver Martin Nance, safety Derrick Richardson and center Alex Stepanovich to trim their roster to 75 players

Wasn't Stepanovich a highly touted draftee just a year or two ago?

ArrowheadMagic
Jets | Announce roster moves
Comment (0)
Sat, 05 Sep 2009 13:08:34 -0700
The New York Jets have announced they have waived CB Rashad Barksdale, FB Brock Christopher, SS Emanuel Cook, PK Parker Douglass, RB Anthony Kimble, DL Matt Kroul, OT Nevin McCaskill, OT Ryan McKee, C Michael Parenton, DE Zach Potter and DL Ty Steinkuhler.

Ebolapox
09-05-2009, 02:19 PM
rashad barksdale. there's a blast from the recent past.

Delano
09-05-2009, 02:20 PM
TERDELL SANDS HAS BEEN RELEASED!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

aturnis
09-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Rams released S Todd Johnson.
Johnson was just a special teamer. Rams also waived LB K.C. Asiodu, DT Antwon Burton, TE Eric Butler, DE Ian Campbell, LB Dominic Douglas, OT Renardo Foster, FB Jerome Johnson, C Tim Mattran, CB Cord Parks, S Mark Rubin, G Roy Schuening, OT Phil Trautwein and WR Sean Walker.

Rams waived WR Tim Carter.
Carter's contract was terminated as a vested veteran. Considering how thin the Rams are at wide receiver, it's pretty surprising they dumped both Carter and Ronald Curry today.

WHAT? This guy was HIGHLY touted by many on this board. We need guards.

Delano
09-05-2009, 02:30 PM
WHAT? This guy was HIGHLY touted by many on this board. We need guards.

He was inactive a little bit.

Does he have an injury?

Mecca
09-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Tyree is a good special teams player so he's fine as a backup type.

The Bad Guy
09-05-2009, 02:38 PM
The Chiefs have to jump on Terdell. They absolutely need a huge fat body to play at NT. I'd also take a side of Figures from Baltimore.

rtmike
09-05-2009, 02:38 PM
He was inactive a little bit.

Does he have an injury?

I remembered he was one of the top guard's in his draft.

Mecca
09-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Terdell>Ron Edwards.

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Patriots released DL Darryl Richard.
Richard was the Patriots' seventh-round draft pick this year. He's practice squad material if he clears waivers.

CaliforniaChief
09-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Darn, I would have preferred a Sackintosh for Terdell trade straight up.

Anyone stop and think WHY they'd release him? Is it a cap issue? Did Cable hit him too?

ArrowheadMagic
09-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Steelers | Announce roster moves
Comment (0)
Sat, 05 Sep 2009 13:48:22 -0700
Gerry Dulac, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have released PK Piotr Czech, OT Jeremy Parquet, DT Steve McLendon, TE Dezmond Sherrod, CB Roy Lewis, LB Andy Shantz, LB Tom Korte, WR Dallas Baker, WR Tyler Grisham and WR Brandon M. Williams.

Mecca
09-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Well I already see several guys that could make the Chiefs better.

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Vikings waived QB John David Booty.
Maybe the Vikings aren't going to trade Tarvaris Jackson after all. Booty looked pretty bad in the preseason, but he'll almost certainly get some bites from other teams like the Jaguars.

Multiple league sources tell the National Football Post that the Packers will waive QB Brian Brohm.

Mecca
09-05-2009, 02:52 PM
They had no takers for Jackson so they just decided to keep the top 3.

I'd pick up Brohm put him 3rd string it's worth a shot.

milkman
09-05-2009, 02:56 PM
They had no takers for Jackson so they just decided to keep the top 3.

I'd pick up Brohm put him 3rd string it's worth a shot.

He has looked like absolute garbage this preseason.

Mecca
09-05-2009, 02:57 PM

Better than Thigpen, moves like that are no risk you stick him 3rd of he's garbage and doesn't pick anything up you cut him loose.

Mr. Krab
09-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Steelers | Announce roster moves
Comment (0)
Sat, 05 Sep 2009 13:48:22 -0700
Gerry Dulac, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have released PK Piotr Czech, OT Jeremy Parquet, DT Steve McLendon, TE Dezmond Sherrod, CB Roy Lewis, LB Andy Shantz, LB Tom Korte, WR Dallas Baker, WR Tyler Grisham and WR Brandon M. Williams.
Hope we take a look at Brandom William. A tough,gritty wideout in the mold of Ward.

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2009, 03:04 PM

Worse than Thigpen or Gutierrez?

ArrowheadMagic
09-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Texans | Announce roster moves
Comment (0)
Sat, 05 Sep 2009 14:04:36 -0700
HoustonTexans.com reports the Houston Texans have released QB Alex Brink, LB Buster Davis, FB Jonathan Evans, RB Arian Foster, TE Clark Harris, FS Brandon Harrison, C Brett Helms, DE Tim Jamison, WR Darnell Jenkins, OG Adrian Jones, DT Josh Leonard, DE Jesse Nading, Deltha O'Neal, CB Mark Parson, CB Matterral Richardson, WR Mark Simmons, OT Adam Stenavich, OT Brandon Torrey and OT Cliff Washburn. The Texans have also waived injured CB A.J. Davis (undisclosed) and LB Toddrick Verdell (shoulder).

Broncos | Holliday signed
Comment (0)
Sat, 05 Sep 2009 14:04:31 -0700
Lindsay Jones, of The Denver Post, reports the Denver Broncos have signed free-agent DL Vonnie Holliday (Dolphins). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

milkman
09-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Worse than Thigpen or Gutierrez?

They're close.

Ebolapox
09-05-2009, 03:09 PM
buster davis. he was a decent to good 'backer coming out of florida state a few years ago, IIRC.

ArrowheadMagic
09-05-2009, 03:10 PM
Seahawks | Milloy being signed
Comment (0)
Sat, 05 Sep 2009 14:09:05 -0700
Steve Wyche, of NFL.com, reports the Seattle Seahawks will sign veteran free-agent S Lawyer Milloy (Falcons). Terms of the deal are not disclosed.

Texans | Reach injury settlements with June, Grigsby
Comment (0)
Sat, 05 Sep 2009 14:05:51 -0700
John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans have reach injury settlements with LB Cato June (forearm) and FB Boomer Grigsby (ankle).

Packers | Moll traded to Baltimore
Comment (0)
Sat, 05 Sep 2009 14:04:57 -0700
Updating previous reports, Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports the Green Bay Packers sent OT Tony Moll to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for DB Derrick Martin.

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Boomer got Paid!

Mecca
09-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Buster is not any kind of fit for the Chiefs, he's 5'10.

Ebolapox
09-05-2009, 03:17 PM
too bad we don't run a tampa 2 anymore. cato's available!

wait--it's a GOOD thing we don't run the tampa 2 anymore. nevermind.

Titty Meat
09-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Marcus Freeman would be a good pick up. 5th round pick good player at OSU. If anything special teams would be more athletic.

Titty Meat
09-05-2009, 03:19 PM
The Bears also released Dominic Rioala. Not sure how good he's been in the NFL but in college he was a stud. He's probably an upgrade over Niswanger.

Mr. Krab
09-05-2009, 03:22 PM
The Bears also released Dominic Rioala. Not sure how good he's been in the NFL but in college he was a stud. He's probably an upgrade over Niswanger.
Didn't the bears release his brother, not Dominic?

Mr. Arrowhead
09-05-2009, 03:22 PM

I think he started for the Lions for a little bit, which isnt saying much

Mecca
09-05-2009, 03:23 PM
I think he started for the Lions for a little bit, which isnt saying much

The one that starts for the Lions is his brother.

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2009, 03:23 PM
too bad we don't run a tampa 2 anymore. cato's available!

wait--it's a GOOD thing we don't run the tampa 2 anymore. nevermind.

I hated the Tampon 2.

I'll take an undermanned 3-4 any day of the week over that ridiculous defense.

Titty Meat
09-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Didn't the bears release his brother, not Dominic?

Fuck you KKFL! It said Bears released Rioala and I didn't even know his brother played in the NFL.

Titty Meat
09-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Marcus Freeman would be a good pick up though. Surprised he didn't get drafted til the 5th round.

KCChiefsMan
09-05-2009, 03:26 PM
I think we are definitely going to pick up another RT, no way we can go into the season with what we have right now. I like how Pioli said that this is a fun time of year for him

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 03:27 PM
The Jaguars have reportedly put DB Brian Williams on the trading block.
They're desperate to get rookie Derek Cox in the lineup. Williams has value as a corner/safety with good tackling ability, but the 30-year-old's $4 million salary may be too prohibitive. The Jags may just end up cutting him.

Titty Meat
09-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Rod Hood was also released by the Bears who have Hester and Mourning. If I recall Hood did some returns in Philly. That might be worth a look cuz the Chiefs don't have a returner.

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 03:34 PM
49ers waived RB Kory Sheets, OL Jacob Bender, WR Dominique Zeigler, OT Alex Boone, and TE Bear Pascoe.
The Niners will try to get all of the above on their practice squad, but doing so with Boone and Sheets will be difficult. Both have NFL caliber talent and weren't overwhelmed in the preseason. With Pascoe and J.J. Finley both gone, San Francisco is carrying just two tight ends.

Hoover
09-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Delta O'Neil was cut. Kick Returner?

carlos3652
Boone for RT! make the call...

CaliforniaChief
If nothing else they might wanna bring in Figurs to get information on Baltimore. Not sure if he's still effective as a returner, but he's certain to be an upgrade over the guys we have now.

Mecca
09-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Bear Pascoe was considered a really good prospect as a blocking TE.

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Eagles released CB Jack Ikegwuonu.
It's a little bit of a surprise. Ikegwuonu was a first-round talent that had knee problems, was taken in the fourth round and then had some minor legal problems that proved to be nothing. He'll almost certainly get some interest from other teams like the Bears.

Ravens released RB Cedric Peerman.
Peerman was the Ravens' sixth-round pick this year. He's a quick back with some talent but was never going to threaten the three-headed monster of Ray Rice, Willis McGahee and LeRon McClain.

Hoover
09-05-2009, 03:42 PM
I like this Boone kid...

Boone, at the behest of his agent, was living in Southern California to work out and prepare for the NFL scouting combine. But on Feb. 1, he was arrested by Aliso Viejo police after they answered a disturbance call at an apartment complex. They discovered a 6-foot-8, 318-pound man jumping up and down on the hoods of cars and attempting to smash the window of a tow truck. (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/06/22/49ers-alex-boone-avoids-temptation-by-not-leaving-hotel-room/)

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Ravens released TE Davon Drew.
Drew was the Ravens' fifth-round pick this year. The real surprise is that Todd Heap and L.J. Smith both made it through training camp in one piece. That's called an unlucky break for Drew.

CALL DREW

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 03:44 PM
I like this Boone kid...

Boone, at the behest of his agent, was living in Southern California to work out and prepare for the NFL scouting combine. But on Feb. 1, he was arrested by Aliso Viejo police after they answered a disturbance call at an apartment complex. They discovered a 6-foot-8, 318-pound man jumping up and down on the hoods of cars and attempting to smash the window of a tow truck. (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/06/22/49ers-alex-boone-avoids-temptation-by-not-leaving-hotel-room/)

Wow, you cant teach power and brute force...

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Eagles released DE/OLB Bryan Smith.
The 2008 third-round pick can be called a bust. He's small and is probably better off as a linebacker in a 3-4 set.\\

Bucs released FB Jameel Cook.
Cook is a solid veteran that caught on with the Bucs in October of last season but obviously failed to impress the new regime. B.J. Askew will probably be the Bucs fullback.

booger
09-05-2009, 03:52 PM
KFFL

Packers | Sutton and Meredith cut
Comment (0)
Sat, 05 Sep 2009 14:49:49 -0700

Tom Pelissero, of The Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports the Green Bay Packers have cut RB Tyrell Sutton and OT Jamon Meredith.

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2009, 03:54 PM
KFFL

Comment (0)

Tom Pelissero, of The Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports the Green Bay Packers have cut RB Tyrell Sutton and OT Jamon Meredith.

Jamon Meredith?

OnTheWarpath15
09-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Jamon Meredith?

Holy balls, put in the claim yesterday.

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 03:55 PM
49ers waived WR Maurice Price, TE Joe Jon Finley, OLB Jay Moore, OT Joe Toledo, ILB Mark Washington, and LB Justin Roland.
Moore had the best shot to make the team in this group, but he's shown little pass-rush ability and battled injuries since being drafted in the 2007 fourth round. Finley, Roland, and Toledo could go on the practice squad.

booger
09-05-2009, 03:56 PM
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

KC kid
09-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Jamon Meredith?

But Mecca said we needed to draft him?? Is he a bust?

Buck
Chargers Cut OT L.J. Shelton and DT Ian Scott

DaneMcCloud
But Mecca said we needed to draft him?? Is he a bust?

He was a fifth round pick.

It's extremely difficult to call a 5th rounder a "bust".

And Mecca was hardly the only person wanting Meredith.

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Giants | Make roster moves
Comment (0) Tweet me!
Sat, 05 Sep 2009 14:49:27 -0700

Ralph Vacchiano, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Giants have released QB Andre' Woodson, QB Rhett Bomar, TE Michael Matthews, DE Maurice Evans, CB DeAndre Wright, OL Cliff Louis, LB Kenny Ingram, DT Jeremy Clark, S Travonti Johnson, S Sha'reff Rashad, DE Robert Henderson, DT Orrin Thompson, S Vince Anderson, DT Anthony Bryant, WR Shaun Bodiford, OT Terrance Pennington and RB Dwayne Wright.

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Alex Boone was cut by the 49ers

KC kid
09-05-2009, 04:00 PM
He was a fifth round pick.

It's extremely difficult to call a 5th rounder a "bust".

And Mecca was hardly the only person wanting Meredith.

Tongue in cheek

milkman
Holy balls, put in the claim yesterday.

Yep.

Meredith lost out in the numbers game.
Packers have solid depth all across that line.

Scott Wells and Merdith both could help this team.

The Bad Guy
Scott Wells was cut too?

This is like Christmas. Pioli better deliver.

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Scott Wells was cut too?

Not Yet...

Saccopoo
09-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Scott Wells was cut too?

With AQ Shipley being cut by the Steelers, Meredith and Wells, there is our starting right side of the line from center on over. Jesus Pioli! Start signing these dudes!

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2009, 04:04 PM
With AQ Shipley being cut by the Steelers, Meredith and Wells, there is our starting right side of the line from center on over. Jesus Pioli! Start signing these dudes!

Shipley's arms are too short. That's why he lasted until the 7th.

And he doesn't have to "sign" anyone.

All he's got to do is put in a waiver claim.

The Bad Guy
09-05-2009, 04:05 PM
All I know is, with all the quality talent getting cut, Nicecock better not be our starting center for much longer.

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Falcons waived RB Thomas Brown, WR Aaron Kelly, OT Michael Butterworth, WR Troy Bergeron, LB Robert James, and OG Jose Valdez.
Brown lost out to Jason Snelling behind Michael Turner and Jerious Norwood. Kelly has ability, but is raw and could use a year on the practice squad.

kstater
09-05-2009, 04:07 PM

And hope the Rams or Lions don't want them.

Saccopoo

Will Shields arms were supposed to be too short as well, but that worked out okay for us.

And I know they put in a waiver claim, not officially sign them to a contract.

Dildo.

Buck
Chargers cut OG Keenan Forney, a projected starter going into camp.

carlos3652
Chargers | Forney released
Comment (0) Tweet me!
Sat, 05 Sep 2009 15:07:14 -0700

Kevin Acee, of The San Diego Union-Tribune, reports the San Diego Chargers have released OG Kynan Forney.

Reaper16
09-05-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm not a hysterical "CLAIM EVERYONE" kind of dude, but... some of these O-Linemen need to be claimed.

Mecca
09-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Whoa the Giants cut Rhett Bomar...ok I'd put in that claim.

carlos3652
FWIW Wells has not been cut, he was rumored that he would be traded

Saccopoo
I'm not a hysterical "CLAIM EVERYONE" kind of dude, but... some of these O-Linemen need to be claimed.

With the state of our offensive line, I'm as pretty close to being a claim everyone kind of dude about now as one could possibly be.

Buck
09-05-2009, 04:10 PM
By the way, the Chargers released Mike Goff because they had Forney. But we drafted a guy named Louis Vazquez who won the job.

Mecca
09-05-2009, 04:11 PM
By the way, the Chargers released Mike Goff because they had Forney. But we drafted a guy named Louis Vazquez who won the job.

AJ Smiths drafting record strikes again.

Titty Meat
09-05-2009, 04:12 PM
The Chiefs should release everyone but Albert & Waters and sign Wells, Meredith, and a RT.

The Bad Guy
09-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Fornay is an instant upgrade over Goff.

Meredith is a nice project type player for RT.

Hopefully the Chiefs are the ones who traded for Wells.

This line could be fixed by the end of this weekend.

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Eagles | Announce roster moves
Comment (0) Tweet me!
Sat, 05 Sep 2009 15:09:46 -0700

Chris McPherson, of PhiladelphiaEagles.com, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have waived CB Trae Williams, CB Jack Ikegwuonu, DE Bryan Smith, DE Josh Gaines, LB Torrance Daniels, FS Reshard Langford, WR Danny Amendola, RB Lorenzo Booker, C Dallas Reynolds, OG Paul Fanaika, OG Michael Gibson, TE Robert Myers, FB Marcus Mailei and FB Kyle Eckel. The Eagles have also released LB Matt Wilhelm and TE Matt Schobel.

Mecca
09-05-2009, 04:13 PM
I have this fear that the Chiefs are not going to add anyone...

Mecca
09-05-2009, 04:14 PM
I'd take Ikegweonu and Booker off that Eagles list..

Booker is the perfect 3rd down RB, good receiver plays special teams can do returns.

Saccopoo
I have this fear that the Chiefs are not going to add anyone...

Fuck you! Don't you jinx this!

DaneMcCloud
Will Shields arms were supposed to be too short as well, but that worked out okay for us.

And I know they put in a waiver claim, not officially sign them to a contract.

Dildo.

Only a dumb fucking piece of shit like yourself would compare Will Shields to AQ Shipley.

What a fucking dumbass.

Oh, and FUCK OFF.

keg in kc
09-05-2009, 04:16 PM
I have this fear that the Chiefs are not going to add anyone...If Carl was still here, they wouldn't. I'm not so sure now.

CaliforniaChief
09-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Cuts about to be announced per kcchiefs.com....am watching Josh Looney's web chat.

Saccopoo
Only a dumb ****ing piece of shit like yourself would compare Will Shields to AQ Shipley.

What a ****ing dumbass.

Oh, and **** OFF.

I wasn't comparing them. Just that both were rumored to have had short arms, which was your initial knock on Shipley.

Go munch a warm turd.

carlos3652
Saints acquired TE David Thomas from the Patriots in exchange for an undisclosed 2011 draft pick.
New England also acquired blocking TE Michael Matthews from the Giants for a late-rounder in 2011 and released Alex Smith. Thomas, 26, was banged up throughout his first two seasons, but has soft hands and can stretch the field. He's a very nice insurance policy behind starter Jeremy Shockey.

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Cowboys | Roster cut down to 53-man limit
Comment (0) Tweet me!
Sat, 05 Sep 2009 15:22:01 -0700

The Dallas Cowboys have released G Travis Bright, S Courtney Brown, QB Rudy Carpenter, TE Scott Chandler, FB Julius Crosslin, DE Marcus Dixon, LB Tearrius George, G Ryan Gibbons, CB Jeremy Haynes, WR Jesse Holley, WR Mike Jefferson, WR Manuel Johnson, CB Mike Mickens, WR Willie Reid, DE Derreck Robinson, FB Asaph Schwapp, DT Jonas Seawright, S DeAngelo Smith, WR Isaiah Stanback, LB Matt Stewart and CB DeAngelo Willingham. RB Keon Lattimore (undisclosed) was waived injured.

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Patriots released TE Alex Smith.
Now the Eagles can get him for free. Smith was due a $1.55 million salary, which was too much for the mediocre talent. The 2005 third-round pick will probably only get the minimum on his next contract.

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Browns | Jamal Lewis stays on roster
Comment (1) Tweet me!
Sat, 05 Sep 2009 15:22:26 -0700

Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports Cleveland Browns RB Jamal Lewis survived being on the bubble and remains with the Browns after they cut their roster down.

Red Coater
09-05-2009, 04:26 PM
so how long will it take for teams to start claiming players.

BigChiefFan
09-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Posted about 2 hours ago
Bills continue offensive shakeup, release veteran RB Rhodes
Associated Press

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Veteran running back Dominic Rhodes has been released by the Buffalo Bills, who are shaking up their offense one day after firing coordinator Turk Schonert.

Dominic Rhodes, RB

2008 Statistics
Carries: 152
Yards: 538
Touchdowns: 6
Rhodes' agent, Todd France, confirmed that his client had been released in a text message sent to The Associated Press on Saturday, hours before NFL teams are required to make their final cuts.

The Bills weren't immediately available for comment.

The move was considered a surprise as Rhodes was expected to serve as a primary backup to Fred Jackson to open the season while starter Marshawn Lynch serves an NFL-imposed three-game suspension.

The Bills' offense is in flux with quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt taking over play-calling duties following Schonert's dismissal.

Rhodes' departure leaves Buffalo with just two experienced running backs -- Jackson and second-year player Xavier Omon -- on its roster as the team prepares to open the season Sept. 14 at New England.

Jackson missed the final two preseason games with a sprained left wrist, but he had resumed practicing this past week. Omon didn't return after hurting his calf in a 17-6 preseason loss to the Detroit Lions on Thursday.

NFL RedZone

Watching football on Sundays will be a whole new experience with NFL Network's new channel, NFL RedZone. Find out why.
Rhodes, who won a Super Bowl with the Indianapolis Colts in 2007, was entering his ninth NFL season after signing a two-year contract as a free agent with Buffalo in April. He was due to make a base salary of $750,000 this season and $1.25 million next year.

In appearing in four of Buffalo's five preseason games, Rhodes had 19 carries for 64 yards and added four catches for 21 yards. Rhodes also returned four kickoffs for 87 yards and one lost fumble.

Rhodes' experience and versatility in the passing game were considered well-suited for the Bills' newly installed no-huddle attack, which also used running backs as receivers.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

Reaper16
09-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Posted about 2 hours ago
Bills continue offensive shakeup, release veteran RB Rhodes
Associated Press

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Veteran running back Dominic Rhodes has been released by the Buffalo Bills, who are shaking up their offense one day after firing coordinator Turk Schonert.

That's because XAVIER FUCKING OMON made him expendable.

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Buccaneers | Cook, others released on cut day
Comment (0) Tweet me!
Sat, 05 Sep 2009 15:33:24 -0700

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have released OT Anthony Alabi, CB Kyle Arrington, DT Chris Bradwell, C Rob Bruggeman, PK Matt Bryant, DE Jarriett Buie, S Steve Cargile, WR Patrick Carter, FB Jameel Cook, DT Rashaad Duncan, WR Cortez Hankton, DE Louis Holmes, WR Kareem Huggins, CB Darrell Hunter, OT James Lee, WR Marcus Maxwell, TE Jason Pociask, TE Ryan Purvis, LB Bo Ruud and WR Mario Urrutia. S Donte' Nicholson was waived injured.

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2009, 04:39 PM
I wasn't comparing them. Just that both were rumored to have had short arms, which was your initial knock on Shipley.

Go munch a warm turd.

It's not a rumor in Shipley's case, Sport.

the Talking Can
09-05-2009, 04:41 PM
KFFL

Comment (0)

hilarious

this is the guy that people have been using as proof that pioli is an idiot and our draft was a failure.....for months.....

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2009, 04:42 PM
hilarious

this is the guy that people have been using as proof that pioli is an idiot and our draft was a failure.....for months.....

The Packers have a ton of depth on their offensive line.

He'll be claimed.

Saccopoo
09-05-2009, 04:45 PM
It's not a rumor in Shipley's case, Sport.

I know. He measured in with T-Rex arms at the combine. But you can't possibly be satisfied with the job Rudy has done to this point this preseason, can you? Shipley won the whatever award for best center as a senior and he had a nice Senior Bowl. Steelers were pretty set on the OL and it was a long shot, no, an almost impossibility that he was going to make that team.

I'm just saying he's a guy that would be worth a look at least.

TFG
09-05-2009, 04:45 PM

He'll be claimed.

Dane, you and I have both seen this kid. Something is radioactive about him. Something. You and I do not see it. We see a First Round caliber athlete at OT. There is something else there we don't see. Trust me, it is what you don't see that really makes you look stupid.

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Panthers | Birmingham, Kaesviharn amongst players released
Comment (0) Tweet me!
Sat, 05 Sep 2009 15:44:50 -0700

Panthers.com reports the Carolina Panthers have released OL Justin Geisinger and S Kevin Kaesviharn. The team waived WR Larry Beavers, RB DeCori Birmingham, DL Casper Brinkley, OL Patrick Brown, QB Hunter Cantwell, WR Jason Chery, S Paul Chara, DB D.J. Clark, TE Andrew Davie, DT Marlon Favorite, DB Joe Fields, OL Keith Gray, LB Anthony Heygood, DT George Hypolite, LB Mortty Ivy, RB Jamall Lee, LB Jeremy Leman, WR Kevin McMahan, WR Marcus Monk, OL Jonathan Palmer and LB Kelvin Smith.

the Talking Can
09-05-2009, 04:50 PM

He'll be claimed.

which has nothing to do with my point

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Browns | Announce roster moves
Comment (0) Tweet me!
Sat, 05 Sep 2009 15:48:44 -0700

ClevelandBrowns.com reports the Cleveland Browns have waived FB Charles Ali, CB Brandon Anderson, QB Richard Bartel, CB Tra Battle, OL Branndon Braxton, LB Titus Brown, OL Dustin Fry, DL Adam Hoppel, WR Paul Hubbard, RB Chris Jennings, WR Lance Leggett, OG Pat Murray, WR Jordan Norwood, OL Kurt Quarterman, DE Brian Schaefering, OG Isaac Sowells and DE Santonio Thomas. The Browns have also terminated the contract of SS Hamza Abdullah, RB Noah Herron, CB Corey Ivy, WR David Patten and TE Aaron Walker.

Mecca
09-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Ah Duke Robinson made the Panthers.

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2009, 04:52 PM
which has nothing to do with my point

I don't think that anyone thought that the draft was a "failure" due to not choosing Meredith.

If anything, it was the lack of drafting an offensive right tackle over people like Washington, Brown and even Magee in some respects.

BigChiefFan
09-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Ah Duke Robinson made the Panthers.
That's one player I was clamoring for on draft day, but hopefully we'll get to pick up somebody in FA or the waiver wire that gives us some much needed help on the O-line. I was stunned Duke fell that far on draft weekend, but it looks like he ended up impressing the Panthers enough to earn a roster spot-good for him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Straight outta' Jersey:

CB Rashad Barksdale
OL Stanley Daniels
T Nevin McCaskill
TE Kevin Brock
WR Britt Davis
T Ryan McKee
TE Kareem Brown
K Parker Douglass
C Michael Parenton
RB Jehuu Caulcrick
WR Marcus Henry
DE Zach Potter
FB Brock Christopher
RB Anthony Kimble
TE Jack Simmons
S Emanuel Cook
DL Matt Kroul
DL Ty Steinkuhler
LB Kenwin Cummings

Anyone worth looking at?

Saccopoo
09-05-2009, 05:01 PM
I don't think that anyone thought that the draft was a "failure" due to not choosing Meredith.

If anything, it was the lack of drafting an offensive right tackle over people like Washington, Brown and even Magee in some respects.

Every once and a while you show a momentary flash of reason and sanity Dane. I've still got hope for you.