PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dorsey

B_Ambuehl
08-30-2009, 11:24 AM
Got blown up on every play. EVERY freaking play!

OK it wasn't that bad. But about half the time he either got blown off the spot or bent over backwards.

What I don't understand is how this guy could be misevaluted by so many people when it's apparent from watching him he doesn't even have the physical ability to do what he was hyped up to do. He looks like a midget and gets swallowed up by bigger and taller offensive lineman he faces.

Easy 6
08-30-2009, 11:36 AM
He's making a heck of a transition, if he pans out at all its going to be a slow process.

I have my doubts, but remain hopeful.

Deberg_1990
08-30-2009, 11:43 AM
He's making a heck of a transition, if he pans out at all its going to be a slow process.

Is it really that big of a transition? Hes still playing D-line right? Its not like hes converted to linebacker.

I just dont see alot of explosion from him at all. Not what was hyped coming out of LSU.

salame
08-30-2009, 11:44 AM
well, was it ryan sims or was it julius peppers that made the carolina d-line imposing? I think most chiefs fans know the answer to that

Easy 6
08-30-2009, 11:48 AM
Is it really that big of a transition? Hes still playing D-line right? Its not like hes converted to linebacker.

I just dont see alot of explosion from him at all. Not what was hyped coming out of LSU.

Well, he's not only changing positions but learning a new system...it cant be easy.

I'm trying to stay positive, but i kinda doubt he's here next year, maybe not even this year.

Dave Lane
08-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Maybe Tyson Jackson was what made Dorsey look good. TJ looked strong last night to me. I think with seasoning he will be damn good.

Deberg_1990
08-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Well, he's not only changing positions but learning a new system...it cant be easy.

I'm trying to stay positive, but i kinda doubt he's here next year, maybe not even this year.

Yea, its gonna suck if he never develops. He was advertised as "cant miss"

Easy 6
08-30-2009, 11:52 AM

If this plays out in typical Chiefs fashion, he'll go on to become an ace for some other team.

Tribal Warfare
08-30-2009, 11:54 AM

It will be his 3rd year into the league is when we'll see if Dorsey is worth his salt. This is another mulligan year IMO it's next season that will be true crackdown period.

alanm
08-30-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm wondering if he still is playing through knee problems. Or possible stress fractures?

RedThat
08-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Get rid of Dorsey(trade him), and bring in Richard Seymour next year.

alanm
08-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Get rid of Dorsey(trade him), and bring in Richard Seymour next year.They better not trade Dorsey. I'd have to rotate his jersey to the back of the closet with my other growing collection of 9. :cuss::banghead:

RustShack
08-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Its only Dorseys second year and hes playing in the wrong system.

B_Ambuehl
08-30-2009, 12:52 PM
You're probably not gonna get much for him at this point. If he was gonna get dealt at all it shoulda been in the offseason when his value was still fairly high. Think any team will wanna cough up a 1st day pick for Dorsey after watching film of him still getting swallowed up? Doubtful.

Dorsey hasn't shown any of the raw physical ability that guys who end up becoming dominant typically show early on. Turn on film of a young Albert Haynesworth or Warren Sapp and you see raw size, athleticism and brute power. It's the technique they lack. Dorsey looks to be pretty solid from a technical standpoint, it's his size, power, and quickness that are lacking. I can think of 3 defensive tackles from this years draft that already look better than he ever has. McGee is already a superior player on 3rd down and is probably about half a season away from being his equal on 1st and 2nd down.

Hammock Parties
08-30-2009, 01:00 PM
I haven't looked at the game closely but I'd guess Rob Sims was blocking Dorsey on a lot of running plays. Dorsey is going to struggle against a bigger guard like that, every time. The key is whether or not he can rush from his position because the way this scheme is set up, he's supposed be playing a three-technique. Of course there wasn't much of a rush last night, either. If Dorsey can't beat a guy like Sims off the snap on a pass rush, he's pretty much a bust.

chiefzilla1501
08-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Most DTs take about 3 years to develop. Here's one reason I'm concerned about Dorsey. If you watch enough tape of him at LSU, on a lot of plays, he bullrushes his man into the backfield. That's something he's just not going to do against NFL guards who are much bigger and stronger.

Because lost in the love-fest for Dorsey last year was that point and the point that he's not a fast enough guy to chase down a QB. I don't know what to think of him. He played 2-gap in college, but his strength seems best used as 1-gap, but at the same time, he doesn't seem to have the kind of pass rush moves or closing speed to even be great there either. We'll see.

Bane
08-30-2009, 01:55 PM
Hell I just asked about Dorsey the day before yesterday,and everyone made it sounds like he was handing out ass kickings like Hiroshima.:hmmm:

TheGuardian
08-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Dorsey's first two games he played really well. Last night he didn't play so well. Big deal.

Halfcan
08-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Most DTs take about 3 years to develop. Here's one reason I'm concerned about Dorsey. If you watch enough tape of him at LSU, on a lot of plays, he bullrushes his man into the backfield. That's something he's just not going to do against NFL guards who are much bigger and stronger.

Because lost in the love-fest for Dorsey last year was that point and the point that he's not a fast enough guy to chase down a QB. I don't know what to think of him. He played 2-gap in college, but his strength seems best used as 1-gap, but at the same time, he doesn't seem to have the kind of pass rush moves or closing speed to even be great there either. We'll see.

yep he is a bust

RealSNR
08-30-2009, 05:22 PM
Dorsey's first two games he played really well. Last night he didn't play so well. Big deal.This.

Ugly Duck
08-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Got blown up on every play. EVERY freaking play!

And you guys laughed at Oakland for taking McFadden instead!

KC has just been smitten with "Gallery Syndrome." Sometimes the consensus pick doesn't live up to the Kiper hype. Its the luck of the draft....

DeezNutz
08-30-2009, 05:40 PM
And you guys laughed at Oakland for taking McFadden instead!

KC has just been smitten with "Gallery Syndrome." Sometimes the consensus pick doesn't live up to the Kiper hype. Its the luck of the draft....

Assuming Dorsey would end up busting. ASSUMING, since this is far from fact, yet:

One shitty is not > another shitty pick.

EyePod
08-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Maybe Tyson Jackson was what made Dorsey look good. TJ looked strong last night to me. I think with seasoning he will be damn good.

He was a fucking beast. It looks like the 1st pick of the Pioli years was a really solid one.

milkman
08-30-2009, 05:53 PM

Dorsey looked good in the first two games when he was lining up with Ron Edwards and Alex Boone.