PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Live thoughts from the game

BigRock
08-30-2009, 03:09 PM
For whatever it's worth, a guy I know was at the game. From this point forward, I take no responsibility for the accuracy of anything said herein.

He says:

-My entire section thought Succop's 50+ yarder got tipped. Watching it from a side perspective, once it cleared the line it just seemed to be fluttering with little to nothing on it. I don't even think it'd reached it's peak yet before someone said "They got a hand on it".

I fully expected it to drop 10 yards short, but somehow it kept going and going and going until it hit the crossbar.

Ditto on the next FG try from the Seahawks. That one veered off to the right immediately and bounced about a yard or two deep into the endzone. While Succop's never changed paths, this one seemed like an obvious deflection.

But I watched back the TV coverage and there was no word about a hand getting on either ball, unless I missed it. And they showed both kicks from the endzone cam, so the LOS is too far away to see if anything happened.

- There were at least seven or eight plays where receivers slanting across the field were either open or could have been if the QB led them a little. All of them would have gone for nice gains, 15 or 20 yards at least. Thigpen didn't see any of them.

On one play, I think the one where Thigpen badly underthrew Darling on a deep sideline pass (I'm not 100% it was that one, but I think so), there was another receiver 30 yards downfield, right in the middle, with nobody within 15 yards of him. If Thigpen had seen him, it probably goes for a TD if Darling can get a block on the guy covering him. Or if Thipgen doesn't short the pass by 10 yards.

- After Cassel left, I was watching the sideline and a coach was holding a QB meeting with Croyle, Thigpen, Gutierrez and... Amani Toomer.

- The ribbon boards show the stats from the game, scores from other games, fantasy stats, the Ring of Honor, and a bunch of other stuff. Pretty cool, I guess.

But when it starts getting dark, it's distracting as hell to have this thing flashing all the time. You're watching the field and the ribbon board changes and your eyes just get drawn to it. That can't be easy on the players. There are no night games this season, but still.

- They did a charity thing on the field during halftime. Clark's wife has a nice upstairs.

JuicesFlowing
08-30-2009, 03:11 PM
The ribbon board is too bright on TV. I wonder if it appears the same in the stadium. It's annoying IMO.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-30-2009, 03:13 PM
- There were at least seven or eight plays where receivers slanting across the field were either open or could have been if the QB led them a little. All of them would have gone for nice gains, 15 or 20 yards at least. Thigpen didn't see any of them.

On one play, I think the one where Thigpen badly underthrew Darling on a deep sideline pass (I'm not 100% it was that one, but I think so), there was another receiver 30 yards downfield, right in the middle, with nobody within 15 yards of him. If Thigpen had seen him, it probably goes for a TD if Darling can get a block on the guy covering him. Or if Thipgen doesn't short the pass by 10 yards.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Priest31kc
08-30-2009, 03:32 PM
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Yeah, who knows how our offense would have done if Cassel didn't get hurt. The running game looked pretty damn good in the 1st, and if we had a real QB, I bet we score some points offensively.

LaChapelle
08-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Thigpen can't see over Nicewanger. He needs to chop block.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Thigpen can't see over Nicewanger. He needs to chop block.

Thigpen can't see over Samwise or Gimli, and needs to get the fuck off this team yesterday.

Hammock Parties
08-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Thigpen can't see over Samwise or Gimli, and needs to get the fuck off this team yesterday.

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/1bestpresidents-gal-ford.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-30-2009, 03:51 PM
http://www.virginmedia.com/images/1bestpresidents-gal-ford.jpg

LMAO So Han Solo is charge of Ray Farmers old job now?

Dante84
08-30-2009, 04:07 PM
LMAO So Han Solo is charge of Ray Farmers old job now?

Get the fuck off my chicken salad!