PDA

View Full Version : Football Pouting in San Diego

Pages : [1] 2

LaChapelle
09-02-2009, 07:23 AM
L.T. proclaims he's "the best back"
Posted by Tom Curran on September 2, 2009 9:13 AM ET (PFT)

The fact that he has turned 30 doesn't mean LaDainian Tomlinson's too old to engage in a little "neener, neener, neener."

Speaking to Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times, Tomlinson flashed jealousy about a recent Sporting News article in which Jim Brown interviewed Adrian Peterson.

One question posed by Brown suggests that Tomlinson is overrated.

The article, in which Brown says he believes Peterson is "the most complete back he's seen in a long time," was given to Tomlinson by a Chargers staffer.

"I was sitting there reading it thinking, 'Wow,' " Tomlinson told Farmer. "The difference with me is you can put me out on that field and there will be nothing I can't do. I won't have to come off the field. Adrian has to come off sometimes on third down. Running routes, he's still not there yet. Great downhill runner, powerful, fast, all that stuff. . . .

"But anything on that field you want me to do -- throw it, block -- I can do it. That's what I pride myself on is not having any weaknesses. And that's what makes me the best back."

It's a predictable response from Tomlinson. In 2006, he was being touted as the heir apparent to Brown. Two injury-marred seasons later, and Brown's prodding Peterson to call L.T. overrated while they sip lemonade on the veranda.

Given the pride Tomlinson takes in his craft, making sure L.T. read all about it was, in the short-term, a wise motivational move by the Chargers.

But if it causes him to push too hard from September through December, leaving him used up and/or injured come the playoffs, the smarter move might have been to put the thing in a box marked "Do not open until Christmas."

beach tribe
09-02-2009, 07:32 AM
Someone should tell LT he's 30.

Oh, and LT can do anything. Except play hurt.

ChiTown
09-02-2009, 07:56 AM
FaFaFaFaFaFaFaFaFaFaFaFaFaFaF uck you, LT

Sincerely,
Darren Sproles

;)

Sofa King
09-02-2009, 07:57 AM
^ or get his team to a Super Bowl... not that AP has... but LT has had a great team for awhile now... and sitting out in the playoffs doesn't seem to be the key to getting the chargers to the superbowl like he hoped it was...

Hammock Parties
09-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Sproles is going to be starting for that team before long.

Buck and I have a bet, LJ vs LT...he's screwed.

Consistent1
09-02-2009, 07:59 AM
Someone should tell LT he's 30.

Oh, and LT can do anything. Except play hurt.

The playing hurt issue is true to a degree. However, the fact is that he has had quite good back-ups behind him. Why play an even moderately injured valuable player when there are guys like Turner and Sproles that can be effective and at full strength? I don't know about all that being a "pussy" stuff really. It might be fun to make fun of the Chargers, but it isn't like he hasn't taken hits all the time. I certainly would not play Peterson when hurt to any substantial degree either. The truth is that LT is getting older. He has the chance to back up his words this year. These things are just media starting up crap to a very high degree. You can't expect the guy to say that he is over the hill and sucks. All the talk matters little. LT will get the chance to take the field and make it happen.

StcChief
09-02-2009, 08:01 AM
They will likely win the division without LT.

Demonpenz
09-02-2009, 08:02 AM
LT played behind shit and he was the only weapon and he got his. AP looks devestating now, but so did a shitload of other backs in the league when they broke in.

Buck
09-02-2009, 08:07 AM

Good luck with that buddy.

The best RB in the league vs. a scrub.

Hammock Parties
09-02-2009, 08:09 AM

LT preseason stats - 12 carries, 23 yards, long of 6

LJ preseason stats - 20 carries, 69 yards, long of 18

It's already beginning....

beach tribe
09-02-2009, 08:10 AM

The bet was about LT, not AP.

Sofa King
09-02-2009, 08:12 AM

neither of those is very good... actually...

Consistent1
09-02-2009, 08:13 AM

Yeah, those are some kinda stats from both of them so far. If LT had the 8 more carries, odds are the suckage would be pretty equal.

Buck
09-02-2009, 08:22 AM

Lets compare since 2005 shall we?

LT:

2005 - 339 Carries / 1462 Yards (4.3 Avg) / 18 TDs / 51 Receptions - 2 TDs
2006 - 348 Carries / 1815 Yards (5.2 Avg) / 28 TDs / 56 Receptions - 3 TDs
2007 - 315 Carries / 1474 Yards (4.7 Avg) / 15 TDs / 60 Receptions - 3 TDs
2008 - 292 Carries / 1110 Yards (3.8 Avg) / 11 TDs / 52 Receptions - 1 TD

LJ:

2005 - 336 Carries / 1750 Yards (5.2 Avg) / 20 TDs / 33 Receptions - 1 TD
2006 - 416 Carries / 1789 Yards (4.3 Avg) / 17 TDs / 41 Receptions - 2 TDs
2007 - 158 Carries / 559 Yards (3.5 Avg) / 3 TDs / 30 Receptions - 1 TD
2008 - 193 Carries / 874 Yards (4.5 Avg) / 5 TDs / 12 Receptions - 0 TDs

Its clear to see who is better.

CoMoChief
09-02-2009, 08:22 AM
Yeah, those are some kinda stats from both of them so far. If LT had the 8 more carries, odds are the suckage would be pretty equal.

Nope. LT barely avg 2 ypc. 8 more carries at that rate wouldn't even put him at 40 total rushing yds.

CoMoChief
09-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Lets compare since 2005 shall we?

LT:

2005 - 339 Carries / 1462 Yards (4.3 Avg) / 18 TDs / 51 Receptions - 2 TDs
2006 - 348 Carries / 1815 Yards (5.2 Avg) / 28 TDs / 56 Receptions - 3 TDs
2007 - 315 Carries / 1474 Yards (4.7 Avg) / 15 TDs / 60 Receptions - 3 TDs
2008 - 292 Carries / 1110 Yards (3.8 Avg) / 11 TDs / 52 Receptions - 1 TD

LJ:

2005 - 336 Carries / 1750 Yards (5.2 Avg) / 20 TDs / 33 Receptions - 1 TD
2006 - 416 Carries / 1789 Yards (4.3 Avg) / 17 TDs / 41 Receptions - 2 TDs
2007 - 158 Carries / 559 Yards (3.5 Avg) / 3 TDs / 30 Receptions - 1 TD
2008 - 193 Carries / 874 Yards (4.5 Avg) / 5 TDs / 12 Receptions - 0 TDs

Its clear to see who is better.

Living in the past is always fun.....

Buck
09-02-2009, 08:25 AM
Living in the past is always fun.....

Basing whos better off of preseason numbers is even more fun.

Hammock Parties
09-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Yeah...that was weak, Buck.

Consistent1
09-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Nope. LT barely avg 2 ypc. 8 more carries at that rate wouldn't even put him at 40 total rushing yds.

I understand that, but chances are with a long of only six yards that LT would break one decent run in eight carries to even it up. Still isn't good anyway.

Buck
09-02-2009, 08:32 AM
Yeah...that was weak, Buck.

Explain to me exactly what it is that makes you think LJ is going to have a better season than LT. I'm pretty sure we've had this bet the last 2 years running and you haven't even come close.

LT is at 100% health going into the season, which he wasn't last year.

The guy has one "down" season, where he still puts up over 1000 yards, 10 Rushing TDs, and 50 receptions.

If it were anybody else in the league, that would have been considered a solid season.

I hate how everyone compares LT to his monstrous 2006 season. That will never happen again, that shouldn't be the standard which he is compared too.

MahiMike
09-02-2009, 08:33 AM
I think people are under-estimating LT. The guy had over 1100 yds, 13 TD's and 50+ catches on a bad toe and missing some games. I'll take it. I like LT enough to draft him at the bottom of the 2nd round last night. Speaking of Sproles, he is the next Michael Turner. San Diego is the new Denver when it comes to finding good backs.

Hammock Parties
09-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Explain to me exactly what it is that makes you think LJ is going to have a better season than LT.

He's a better running back. Who will receive more carries.

He was a better running back last year, too.

CHIEFS58
09-02-2009, 08:34 AM
he cant play with a sore toenail.

Buck
09-02-2009, 08:34 AM

Pretty funny man.

For the vast knowledge of football you supposedly have, this is completely idiotic.

milkman
09-02-2009, 08:36 AM

This is a stupid argument to even get involved in, but what the hell, I've gotten into enough stupid arguments, so what's one more.

If Tomlinson got 8 more carries, it isn't unreasonable to think he could potentially break off an 18 yard run in one of those.

Or you could take one carry for 18 yards away from LJ, and his numbers would be 19 carries for 51 yards, just barely 2.5 ypc.

But we are talking about preseason and minimal carries.

So, like I say, it's a stupid fucking argument.

Brock
09-02-2009, 08:42 AM
Yeah, whatever, they're all fighting for second place. By the time Peterson is done, he'll probably have re-written the record book.

Molitoth
09-02-2009, 08:43 AM
Barry Sanders was the best and didn't have to brag on himself.

Buck
09-02-2009, 08:47 AM
Yeah, whatever, they're all fighting for second place. By the time Peterson is done, he'll probably have re-written the record book.

Either way, LT is already a top 20 RB of all time. LJ's lucky hes even in the conversation.

Brock
09-02-2009, 08:50 AM
Either way, LT is already a top 20 RB of all time. LJ's lucky hes even in the conversation.

I don't care about LJ. If Tomlinson is only a top 20 RB of all time, that's pretty disappointing, considering how he started.

Buck
09-02-2009, 08:53 AM
I don't care about LJ. If Tomlinson is only a top 20 RB of all time, that's pretty disappointing, considering how he started.

Yeah, well I was going to go with top 10, but I didn't want people to think I was too much of a homer.

Hes 14th all time in Rush Yards and 2nd All Time in Rush TDs.

If he has another 1000 Yard season, he'll be at 7th all time Rushing Yards.

Molitoth
09-02-2009, 08:53 AM

Gayle Sayers still made the HOF.

Hammock Parties
09-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Pretty funny man.

For the vast knowledge of football you supposedly have, this is completely idiotic.

You are extremely biased. LT is on his last legs. Anyone can see that.

Brock
09-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Gayle Sayers still made the HOF.

And?

milkman
09-02-2009, 09:11 AM

LJ in his best days couldn't carry Tomlinson's jockstrap in his best days.

They are both on the decline, and I'd still take Tomlinson over LJ every fucking day.

Hammock Parties
09-02-2009, 09:12 AM

I actually agree with this.

Buck
09-02-2009, 09:15 AM

Hate to break it to you, but Larry Johnson is less than 5 months younger than LT. LJ was beat to the ground at Penn State, and he was for a couple years in KC.

If you want to talk wear and tear, they are equal for both guys.

Not to mention the Chiefs Offensive Line isn't going to do shit for LJ. At least the Chargers O-Line can keep Tomlinson somewhat protected.

Hammock Parties
09-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Hate to break it to you, but Larry Johnson is less than 5 months younger than LT. LJ was beat to the ground at Penn State, and he was for a couple years in KC.

You know that is not true. Not even close.

You are really flying off the handle here. You have a man crush on LT and hate the fact he is going the way of the Dodo.

SPROLES IN 09!

Buck
09-02-2009, 09:20 AM

You are really flying off the handle here. You have a man crush on LT and hate the fact he is going the way of the Dodo.

SPROLES IN 09!

LOL, I am the one who has a man crush?

How can you even dispute the fact that LJ has been run into the ground?

You are the biggest LJ apologist on this board, if not the entire internet.

CoMoChief
09-02-2009, 09:22 AM
This is a stupid argument to even get involved in, but what the hell, I've gotten into enough stupid arguments, so what's one more.

If Tomlinson got 8 more carries, it isn't unreasonable to think he could potentially break off an 18 yard run in one of those.

Or you could take one carry for 18 yards away from LJ, and his numbers would be 19 carries for 51 yards, just barely 2.5 ypc.

But we are talking about preseason and minimal carries.

So, like I say, it's a stupid ****ing argument.

It isn't unreasonable. But just making assumptions on what you think he may possibly break one out doesn't explain the rate LT was going at.

"Well he was rushing for only under 3 ypc, but hey he's LT which means he's automatically due to bust one out for a huge gain if given 8 more carries."

I could easily say he gets 8 more carries and gets stuffed on almost every run, bringing his average down even lower. Same principle.

Hammock Parties
LOL, I am the one who has a man crush?

How can you even dispute the fact that LJ has been run into the ground?

I have a man crush too, but LT has been run into the ground a lot more. This is undisputed fact. LJ had one heavy carry season and that was it.

Even Chargers fans know LT is done:

This is really a big question for me, since LT does not look to me like the LT of old (yet). He had a couple of holes Sat night, and was arm tackled for short gains. Even Michael Bennett has looked better so far (running against 2's). There seems to be a gap between the talk of how good LT looks, and his performance on the field so far. I want him to be the LT we all know.

CoMoChief

They are both on the decline, and I'd still take Tomlinson over LJ every ****ing day.

Not true, Tomlinson is a giant pussy.

Buck
09-02-2009, 09:26 AM
I have a man crush too, but LT has been run into the ground a lot more. This is undisputed fact. LJ had one heavy carry season and that was it.

Even Chargers fans know LT is done:

Really? You are trying to convince me by posting the opinion of one Chargers fan from somewhere on the internet? You didn't even post a link to where you got that from? I'm sure wherever you found it, the ratio is at least 5:1 saying that LT has still got it.

Brock
09-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Really? You are trying to convince me by posting the opinion of one Chargers fan from somewhere on the internet? You didn't even post a link to where you got that from? I'm sure wherever you found it, the ratio is at least 5:1 saying that LT has still got it.

And I'm sure they've thought that over the past couple of years too, and he still ends up not being there when the team really needs him.

Hammock Parties
09-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Really? You are trying to convince me by posting the opinion of one Chargers fan from somewhere on the internet?

One is all I need.

Buck
09-02-2009, 09:31 AM
One is all I need.

What makes that guy more qualified than me? Are you going to post a link or what?

Hammock Parties
09-02-2009, 09:32 AM
I'm not trying to convince you, Buck.

I'm sure you will be convinced about two months from now when Sproles is your team's leading rusher.

Hammock Parties
09-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Observe as Chargers fans prepare for the inevitable:

We did franchise tag him one year, but we couldn't afford two " six million dollar " men per year on long term contracts. Sproles takes that franchise role this year and depending on how LT holds up, next year we may let Sproles go FA.

However Rivers is locked up now and that gives us the chance to spend the #1 next year on LT's replacement if required. Interesting year at RB for sure

Buck
09-02-2009, 09:34 AM
You are off your rocker.

I guess we'll see. This year I'm not going to go easy on your sig.

Buck
09-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Observe as Chargers fans prepare for the inevitable:

Are you stupid?

"Franchise Role" doesn't mean hes our Franchise RB. He got Franchise tagged. You are unbelievable.

Hammock Parties
09-02-2009, 09:36 AM
This is gonna be fun. :)

milkman
09-02-2009, 09:38 AM
It isn't unreasonable. But just making assumptions on what you think he may possibly break one out doesn't explain the rate LT was going at.

"Well he was rushing for only under 3 ypc, but hey he's LT which means he's automatically due to bust one out for a huge gain if given 8 more carries."

I could easily say he gets 8 more carries and gets stuffed on almost every run, bringing his average down even lower. Same principle.

I'm not saying that because he's Tomlinson that he will break off an 18 yard run.

I'm saying it's not unreasonable to think it's possible.
Your scenario is also not unreasonable.

LJ was averaging just about the same as Tomlinson until he got that 18 yard run, which was about his 15th or 16th carry this preseaosn.

But, again, it's a stupid fucking argument, because 20 carries and 12 carries, respectively, is simply a ridulous sample size to measure with.

milkman
09-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Not true, Tomlinson is a giant pussy.

And you're a giant fucking dumbass.

notorious
09-02-2009, 09:58 AM
LJ was beat to the ground at Penn State, and he was for a couple years in KC.

Whoa, LJ barely touched the field until his last year at Penn State, and even then he didn't carry the ball that much, he just had a record breaking ypc. At KC he rode the bench in his diaper for a few years, then broke out in 05'. Herm then tried to kill him in 07', which probably added 3 years onto his body.

To say they have the same mileage is crazy though.

notorious
09-02-2009, 10:00 AM
LT knows how to block, so that automatically makes him a much better back then LJ.

Buck
09-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Whoa, LJ barely touched the field until his last year at Penn State, and even then he didn't carry the ball that much, he just had a record breaking ypc. At KC he rode the bench in his diaper for a few years, then broke out in 05'. Herm then tried to kill him in 07', which probably added 3 years onto his body.

To say they have the same mileage is crazy though.

Ok, you are right about the Penn State thing. For some reason I thought he was used more in College. I went to a Penn State bar every saturday his senior year, so I had a lot of exposure to him that year.

CoMoChief
09-02-2009, 10:11 AM
And you're a giant ****ing dumbass.

Go away and play with your bottle now you little crybaby

notorious
09-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Ok, you are right about the Penn State thing. For some reason I thought he was used more in College. I went to a Penn State bar every saturday his senior year, so I had a lot of exposure to him that year.

I found it amazing that he broke the ypc record that year. He must have had an amazing offensive line in front of him.

I got to watch LT play against Tulsa back in 00'. I could tell he was going to be special, and once he got to the NFL LT was lucky enough to get a coach that knew how to utilize him.

milkman
09-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Go away and play with your bottle now you little crybaby

Who's crying?

I'm just pointing out that you are stupid mother****er, displaying my strong grasp of the obvious.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-02-2009, 10:30 AM

SPROLES IN 09!

Oh my GOD the irony! ROFL

Bane
09-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Oh my GOD the irony! ROFL

Man Crush!!!! Holy hell!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Man Crush!!!! Holy hell!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

GoChiefs would seriously spend the day cleaning and waxing LJ's car if he could go along with him to the clubs just once.

It's Man Crush + Bromance = some ungodly new fanboi evolution.

milkman
09-02-2009, 10:49 AM
GoChiefs would seriously spend the day cleaning and waxing LJ's car if he could go along with him to the clubs just once.

It's Man Crush + Bromance = some ungodly new fanboi evolution.

He'd polish the knob.

Hammock Parties
09-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Nah, there's an old saying. "Never meet your heroes." I never want to meet LJ. Ever.

It was enough for me that he acknowledged me on his blog and gave a hat tip to WPI for making him the cover boy.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Nah, there's an old saying. "Never meet your heroes." I never want to meet LJ. Ever.

It was enough for me that he acknowledged me on his blog and gave a hat tip to WPI for making him the cover boy.

Are you afraid he would spit his gin and juice on you?

SDChiefs
09-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Every Charger fan I know says hes done and wanted to let him go over Turner. Plus the argument that LT is better because he produced more yds doesn't make sense. He touched the ball for 85% of their plays for a lot of years because he was all they had. LJ was used as RB which his title is. LT was used as QB/RB/WR/TE/FB because they had no one else shoulder the load. Now that they do, his numbers have declined to the point no one even talks about him anymore. Its all about Sproles if you walk down the street.

BY1401
09-02-2009, 11:04 AM
...And that's what makes me the best back.

Best back?

He's not even the best LT.

I was going to post a picture of the LT, but then I got this:

In order to prevent the posting of objectionable material by new users, ChiefsPlanet requires new members to meet certain criteria before posting links or images. We apologize for the inconvenience, but join in on the discussion and you'll be given full privileges in no time!

Until then, please remove links from your message, then you will be able to submit your post.

It ain't easy being a noewb. :sulk:

Buck
09-02-2009, 11:06 AM
I love the "hes not the real LT" argument.

Like a guy cant use his initials as a nickname.

LaChapelle
09-02-2009, 11:07 AM
It's about time for LT to head on to be the first homo in Canton.

Tiger's Fan
09-02-2009, 11:27 AM
LaT was a damn good back, but he's not in my top 10, and I think he's about done. Getting rid of "the burner" will prove to be a terrible mistake. I love Sproles, but he's just not an every down back. He's better than LaT though right now.

BY1401
09-02-2009, 11:40 AM
I love the "hes not the real LT" argument.

Like a guy cant use his initials as a nickname.

Oh, sorry about that. I wasn't trying to present a rational argument.

I was just making fun of him.

BY1401
09-02-2009, 11:41 AM
It's about time for LT to head on to be the first homo in Canton.

His uniform is on display in Canton. It's right next to Tom Brady's as the 2006 and 2007 MVPs.

Basileus777
09-02-2009, 11:42 AM
LT wasn't even the most effective back on his team last year. Hell, Sproles is the better receiver at this point.

OctoberFart
09-02-2009, 11:43 AM

Sproles will only start because of injury. Your screwed because Diaper Boy is the most overrated RB in the past 5 years and LT's off year last year was better than LJ outside of a year or two. HOF vs overrated THUG? Who do you got?

I feel sorry for the SOB that bet you only to win and have you welch on the bet.

Quiet Storm
09-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Season is here so I will let the numbers do the talking. As if LT's already hadn't.

I will say that everyone that is doubting him is just adding more fuel to the fire. Heck, someone in the Chargers front office gave him the article to read.

2bikemike
09-02-2009, 08:00 PM
I have LT on my fantasy team. I hope he has 14 great games this year and two really shitty ones.

KCrockaholic
09-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Bigger man-crush = GoChiefs

Better back in 09' = LJ

Darren Sproles>LT in 09'

LT is basically done. He will probably go down again, then realize Adrian Puh Puh Puh Peterson is the best back in the entire league!

Ugly Duck
09-03-2009, 01:57 AM
LT can do anything. Except play hurt.

http://i26.tinypic.com/14xoxnr.jpg

Mecca
09-03-2009, 02:58 AM
Most teams would love to have "Tomlinson's bad year" he is declining because of his overall number of touches and age but he is good enough at every facet of the game to remain a valuable piece to have. He is today a better player than Larry Johnson but that isn't saying a whole lot which is why that argument is baffling.

He is a more complete back than Peterson but he isn't that kind of runner anymore. Also for Peterson and all the talk and records etc, he has to show he's durable. For a RB Tomlinson has been remarkably durable where Peterson's past points to durability problems.

Tomlinson is not a great back anymore, he's a good back that does all of the little things that help you win games.

Peterson is a great runner he just isn't nearly as polished in all facets of the game we'll see if that comes in time. Larry Johnson never learned those things.

kcxiv
09-03-2009, 03:13 AM
LT was the best back in the NFL. Age happens to everyone Tomlinson. I wont ever say he is L.T thats will always be reserved for Lawrence Taylor.

Anyways, great back, but its Peterson's time.

I dont even know why the fuck people are Discussing L.J in this league anymore. LJ had 2 good years and that was it. Hell, Priest more then that. lol

kysirsoze
09-03-2009, 03:18 AM
It's possible that LJ will exceed LT this year, but that's it. Anyone on here who thinks LJ is anywhere near the same level as LT overall is the definition of "homer".

Mecca
09-03-2009, 03:20 AM
It's possible that LJ will exceed LT this year, but that's it. Anyone on here who thinks LJ is anywhere near the same level as LT overall is the definition of "homer".

I'd be stunned if LJ came close honestly...Tomlinson is on a better team with a better line with a better QB etc etc etc.

His bad year still was considerably better than LJ's year.

XXXshogunXXX
09-03-2009, 04:18 AM
Every Charger fan I know says hes done and wanted to let him go over Turner. Plus the argument that LT is better because he produced more yds doesn't make sense. He touched the ball for 85% of their plays for a lot of years because he was all they had. LJ was used as RB which his title is. LT was used as QB/RB/WR/TE/FB because they had no one else shoulder the load. Now that they do, his numbers have declined to the point no one even talks about him anymore. Its all about Sproles if you walk down the street.

does that SD stand for South Dakota? everyone here in SAN DIEGO Ive talked to still loves Tomlinson

the bold makes zero sense

LaChapelle
09-03-2009, 04:43 AM
What have you did for me lately league.

TheGuardian
09-03-2009, 07:23 AM
L.T. proclaims he's "the best back"
Posted by Tom Curran on September 2, 2009 9:13 AM ET (PFT)

The fact that he has turned 30 doesn't mean LaDainian Tomlinson's too old to engage in a little "neener, neener, neener."

Speaking to Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times, Tomlinson flashed jealousy about a recent Sporting News article in which Jim Brown interviewed Adrian Peterson.

One question posed by Brown suggests that Tomlinson is overrated.

The article, in which Brown says he believes Peterson is "the most complete back he's seen in a long time," was given to Tomlinson by a Chargers staffer.

"I was sitting there reading it thinking, 'Wow,' " Tomlinson told Farmer. "The difference with me is you can put me out on that field and there will be nothing I can't do. I won't have to come off the field. Adrian has to come off sometimes on third down. Running routes, he's still not there yet. Great downhill runner, powerful, fast, all that stuff. . . .

"But anything on that field you want me to do -- throw it, block -- I can do it. That's what I pride myself on is not having any weaknesses. And that's what makes me the best back."

It's a predictable response from Tomlinson. In 2006, he was being touted as the heir apparent to Brown. Two injury-marred seasons later, and Brown's prodding Peterson to call L.T. overrated while they sip lemonade on the veranda.

Given the pride Tomlinson takes in his craft, making sure L.T. read all about it was, in the short-term, a wise motivational move by the Chargers.

But if it causes him to push too hard from September through December, leaving him used up and/or injured come the playoffs, the smarter move might have been to put the thing in a box marked "Do not open until Christmas."

Tomlinson could NEVER run with power. Between the tackles he was merely average.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2009, 09:39 AM
What's the over/under this year on playoff bench-sulking with the Darth Vader helmet on?

Mr. Krab
09-03-2009, 09:44 AM
FaFaFaFaFaFaFaFaFaFaFaFaFaFaF uck you, LT

Sincerely,
Darren Sproles

;)
That's cold.

ROFL

The Franchise
09-03-2009, 10:29 AM
I'd take LT over LJ every time.

Then again....I had LT on my FF team for his monster season....and I won $1500. So I'm kind of biased.

OctoberFart
09-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Tomlinson could NEVER run with power. Between the tackles he was merely average.

BS he doesn't have the total TD record because he is a bad/average between the tackles runner. Only a Queeef fan would ever think Diaper Boy is better than LT. He never has been and never will be. In fact Diaper Boy is one of the most hyped overrated, overpaid, 2 1000 yd year RB's ever to lace it up.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2009, 12:05 PM
BS he doesn't have the total TD record because he is a bad/average between the tackles runner. Only a Queeef fan would ever think Diaper Boy is better than LT. He never has been and never will be. In fact Diaper Boy is one of the most hyped overrated, overpaid, 2 1000 yd year RB's ever to lace it up.

Numbers aside, they're both equally useless when you really need them, whatever the situation may be.

TheGuardian
09-03-2009, 01:22 PM

I never even mentioned Larry Johnson.

Having the TD record in a season doesn't have shit to do with running with power. Shaun Alexander had the record before Tomlinson and he's one of the softest runners of all time. So basically you're an idiot.

XXXshogunXXX
09-03-2009, 02:15 PM
I never even mentioned Larry Johnson.

Having the TD record in a season doesn't have shit to do with running with power. Shaun Alexander had the record before Tomlinson and he's one of the softest runners of all time. So basically you're an idiot.

shaun alexander benefited from having walter jones and hutchinson in their primes.

Tomlinson is #2 in rushing TDs of ALL TIME. You think he got that by walking into the end zone each time? Ive seen him drag LBrs on his back into the endzone. He can run with power. Dont knock until youve seen him play, Ive watched his entire career.

Buck
09-03-2009, 02:19 PM
shaun alexander benefited from having walter jones and hutchinson in their primes.

Tomlinson is #2 in rushing TDs of ALL TIME. You think he got that by walking into the end zone each time? Ive seen him drag LBrs on his back into the endzone. He can run with power. Dont knock until youve seen him play, Ive watched his entire career.

Yup, plus one of the best, if not the best stiff arms of all time.

gta0012
09-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Lt will shit on our division this year. :*(

Mecca
09-03-2009, 02:21 PM
It's an LT thread on a Chiefs board there is going to be some bias here...

Hell half the board thinks Rivers sucks.

Buck
09-03-2009, 02:22 PM
It's an LT thread on a Chiefs board there is going to be some bias here...

Hell half the board thinks Rivers sucks.

I've actually noticed a gradual shift since I've been here.

More people used to hate Rivers, and not LT. Now its completely opposite.

RickObie
09-03-2009, 02:25 PM
I've actually noticed a gradual shift since I've been here.

More people used to hate Rivers, and not LT. Now its completely opposite.

I hate them both!

TheGuardian
09-03-2009, 02:27 PM

you've never seen Tomlinson drag linebackers into the endzone. The guy was never a good power runner. His signature move is his jump cut for peete's sake.

The touchdown argument has no teeth. Where is shaun alexander ranked on the all time TD list? And that guy wore tampons.

XXXshogunXXX
09-03-2009, 02:39 PM
you've never seen Tomlinson drag linebackers into the endzone. The guy was never a good power runner. His signature move is his hop jump for peete's sake.

The touchdown argument has no teeth. Where is shaun alexander ranked on the all time TD list? And that guy wore tampons.

yes I have. Watch 8:43

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VLBU0Q3JHaU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VLBU0Q3JHaU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

How about instead of stats, just watch him run. He may not have the power he used to have but in the prime of career he was forcing his way into the end zone. to say he NEVER had power is false.

didnt you also say he couldnt run between teh tackles? what was he good for then? 2 rushing titles and top 10 in rushing of all time in 7 years.....nitpicking much Did he just leap over the entire defense each play?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2009, 02:58 PM
I hate them both!

I'm gonna' go with, "could give two fucks about either".

TheGuardian
09-03-2009, 03:14 PM
yes I have. Watch 8:43

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VLBU0Q3JHaU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VLBU0Q3JHaU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

How about instead of stats, just watch him run. He may not have the power he used to have but in the prime of career he was forcing his way into the end zone. to say he NEVER had power is false.

didnt you also say he couldnt run between teh tackles? what was he good for then? 2 rushing titles and top 10 in rushing of all time in 7 years.....nitpicking much Did he just leap over the entire defense each play?

So he hit Ted Johnson at the 1 and got a TD and that's dragging linebackers into the endzone? nlm:rolleyes:

And you used the "just watch him play" line? I have. Since his TCU days, and he doesn't run with power. I can show you videos of lots of backs who will occasionally get leverage over a guy and win that battle, but it doesn't make them a power back or a guy that can run with power. Tomlinson has always been an edge runner who relied on his quicks and ability to make people miss to get his yards and numbers. Who is it he is most compared to? Barry Sanders. And Sanders was never a power guy. Ever.

The touchdown argument has been shot down over and over and over again. Priest and Alexander scores a hell of a lot of touchdowns and yards but neither guy was a great power runner. Priest was at least not a pussy and would put his head down, but Alexander was as soft as any back I've ever watched and he racked up touchdown after touchdown and a butt load of yards. It's an argument with no teeth. so stop trying to use it.

LaChapelle
09-03-2009, 03:26 PM
To the Skip!!!11

Valiant
09-03-2009, 03:44 PM

He was a better running back last year, too.

Not from playing behind, that and his receiving and blocking skills are still to be desired.. Hate to agree with a filthy Bolt fan, but unless the Chiefs are winning games LT should win in a landslide even with Sproles stealing spotlight.. If the Chiefs win, then LJ will see way more carries then LT but that is not very likely..

LiL stumppy
09-03-2009, 03:51 PM
uhhh, well, l.t. is a stud.

Hammock Parties
09-03-2009, 06:38 PM
LJ just ripped off a 41-yard run.

I doubt LT comes close all year.

Buck
09-03-2009, 06:42 PM
LJ just ripped off a 41-yard run.

I doubt LT comes close all year.

:banghead:

Hammock Parties
09-03-2009, 06:43 PM
:banghead:

Let me taste those tears.

TheGuardian
09-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Tomlinson is DONE. Stick a fork in him, I'm not sure why anyone is even talking about him.

And he's a crybaby bitch too. And soft. Everyone knows that.

Buck
09-03-2009, 06:51 PM
This thread is going on bookmark.

Hammock Parties
09-03-2009, 06:52 PM
This thread is going on bookmark.

Famous last words.

Buck
09-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Would you like to spice up the pot?

Hammock Parties
09-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Yeah bitch. Bring it.

Gadzooks
09-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Yeah bitch. Bring it.

Die in a fire.
LJ sucks!

We win!:)

Buck
09-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Yeah bitch. Bring it.

SigBet still stands.

PLUS

If you win, I never start a thread, OR GET ANYONE ELSE TO START A THREAD about the Chargers until the beginning of the 2010 season.

If I win, you never start a thread, OR GET ANYONE ELSE TO START A THREAD about any articles you've written for WPI.

Hammock Parties
09-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Naw, that wouldn't be any fun.

I'll drop a fitty on it, though.

Gadzooks
09-03-2009, 07:07 PM
SigBet still stands.
You know he'll never stick to a sig bet. He never has.
Let it go. Everyone else knows :)we win:)

Buck
09-03-2009, 07:07 PM

I've heard you bitched out of a money bet before on OM.

How do I know you won't do that here?

milkman
09-03-2009, 07:08 PM

Your mom wouldn't miss that "fitty"?

Gadzooks
09-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Your mom wouldn't miss that "fitty"?

ROFLHe's gonna have to be real quite in the middle of the night as he sneaks it out of her wallet.

Hammock Parties
09-03-2009, 07:12 PM
I've heard you bitched out of a money bet before on OM.

How do I know you won't do that here?

I've never welched on a Chiefsplanet bet.

Dude, come on. It's me. We're brahs.

Skip Towne
09-03-2009, 07:13 PM
ROFLHe's gonna have to be real quite in the middle of the night as he sneaks it out of her wallet.

quiet, dipshit

Buck
09-03-2009, 07:14 PM
I've never welched on a Chiefsplanet bet.

Dude, come on. It's me. We're brahs.

The only way I'll do it is if you and I both paypal it to another member and that person sends it out.

Sorry, but your reputation precedes you....

I choose Mr. Flopnuts, we'll each have to give him a little incentive to do this for us though.

Gadzooks
09-03-2009, 07:14 PM
quiet, dipshit

Are you engaging me in a football conversation?!? or, are you just being your crusty self?

Skip Towne
09-03-2009, 07:15 PM
The only way I'll do it is if you and I both paypal it to another member and that person sends it out.

I choose Mr. Flopnuts, we'll each have to give him a little incentive to do this for us though.

Smart move.

Hammock Parties
09-03-2009, 07:16 PM

That's fair.

Buck
09-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Are you engaging me in a football conversation?!? or, are you just being your crusty self?

You misspelled the word quiet in your previous post.

Buck
09-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Ok, we'll have to make sure Flopnuts is cool with this first. I would say make it $55 each to cover fees, and Flopnuts will make a couple dollars out of it.

Hammock Parties
09-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Ok, we'll have to make sure Flopnuts is cool with this first. I would say make it $55 each to cover fees, and Flopnuts will make a couple dollars out of it.

When I win, I'm going to take your fitty and spend it on a month's subscription to AshleyMadison.com. Then I'm going to nail some housewives.

Buck
09-03-2009, 07:21 PM
When I win, I'm going to take your fitty and spend it on a month's subscription to AshleyMadison.com. Then I'm going to nail some housewives.

When I win your $50, plus my $50 back, I'll almost have enough to suscribe to WPI!!!!

Hammock Parties
09-03-2009, 07:21 PM
When I win your $50, plus my $50 back, I'll almost have enough to suscribe to WPI!!!!

You can subscribe by the month.

Ugly Duck
09-03-2009, 07:33 PM

I choose Mr. Flopnuts

Flopnuts is biased. You guyz should mail the fitties to me.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Take that sonofabitch to school!

Buck
09-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Flopnuts said hes cool with it. GoChiefs, PM me and I'll get you his email address.

Mecca
09-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Are you guys betting total yards?

Hammock Parties
09-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Are you guys betting total yards?

Rushing yards and rushing touchdowns.

Buck
09-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Rushing yards and rushing touchdowns.

Even though thats a full blown cop-out by you, I'm still going to win. I thought it was any TDs.

Mecca
09-03-2009, 10:12 PM
GoChiefs is hosed in this bet...

The Chargers will score alot more, run alot more offensive plays and have a ton more chances...

Hammock Parties
09-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Even though thats a full blown cop-out by you, I'm still going to win. I thought it was any TDs.

It's not a copout, it's fair.

Just for your sake we can count receiving touchdowns. I still don't see it making a difference..... :evil:

Hammock Parties
09-03-2009, 10:15 PM

The Chargers will score alot more, run alot more offensive plays and have a ton more chances...

And Sproles is going to outproduce LT.

I wonder if LT even lasts the entire season...

Mecca
09-03-2009, 10:16 PM
And Sproles is going to outproduce LT.

I wonder if LT even lasts the entire season...

Psh...

He won't be getting any goal line carries...

If LT does what he did last year which was his "bad" year it'll be enough for him to win this bet.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2009, 10:18 PM

ROR isn't in HIS bet.

I am gonna' win that bitch like a motherfucker.

VIVA LA REVALUTIONE'!

Buck
09-03-2009, 10:18 PM
GoChiefs, my perception of your knowledge of football has vastly decreased since this thread came out.

Mecca
09-03-2009, 10:20 PM
GoChiefs, my perception of your knowledge of football has vastly decreased since this thread came out.

He doesn't logically look at anything when it comes to Larry Johnson.

Hammock Parties
09-03-2009, 10:26 PM
He doesn't logically look at anything when it comes to Larry Johnson.

It has more to do with LT than LJ.

I think LJ is a lock for about 1200 and 10 this year. Nothing special.

LT is going to limp his way through the season and Sproles will see more and more touches as it becomes readily apparent LT is not the best back in San Diego.

Mecca
09-03-2009, 10:32 PM
1200 behind this line?

Is he gonna tote it 450 times?

Hammock Parties
09-03-2009, 10:34 PM
1200 behind this line?

Is he gonna tote it 450 times?

If you haven't noticed we've been running the ball fairly well.

We play the Donkeys twice, he'll get his yards. We don't play the Ravens every week.

1200 is only 75 a week. He averaged that last year.

Mecca
09-03-2009, 10:35 PM
The Chiefs play alot of really good defenses this year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2009, 10:52 PM
It has more to do with LT than LJ.

I think LJ is a lock for about 1200 and 10 this year. Nothing special.

LT is going to limp his way through the season and Sproles will see more and more touches as it becomes readily apparent LT is not the best back in San Diego.

Now that's a Hobbit one can depend on!

XXXshogunXXX
09-04-2009, 02:44 AM
So he hit Ted Johnson at the 1 and got a TD and that's dragging linebackers into the endzone? nlm:rolleyes:

And you used the "just watch him play" line? I have. Since his TCU days, and he doesn't run with power. I can show you videos of lots of backs who will occasionally get leverage over a guy and win that battle, but it doesn't make them a power back or a guy that can run with power. Tomlinson has always been an edge runner who relied on his quicks and ability to make people miss to get his yards and numbers. Who is it he is most compared to? Barry Sanders. And Sanders was never a power guy. Ever.

The touchdown argument has been shot down over and over and over again. Priest and Alexander scores a hell of a lot of touchdowns and yards but neither guy was a great power runner. Priest was at least not a pussy and would put his head down, but Alexander was as soft as any back I've ever watched and he racked up touchdown after touchdown and a butt load of yards. It's an argument with no teeth. so stop trying to use it.

1 yard line? he got hit at the 7 and continued to drag patriots into the end zone. when do you see someone riding a RB's back like that.

Watch the next play as the LBr has him squared and tomlinson brushes him aside, using his power. He's not known as a power back, but he did run with power closer to the end zone. Find me the definition of "never" that you used when describing him.

You have to be pretty naive or stupid to think Tomlinson reaching 2nd all time in TDs in his first 7 years was all finesse. You can compare him to Barry Sanders, but Tomlinson simply ran with more power than Barry, especially in the endzone. As Barry was never a goal line back, and pales in comparison to Tomlinson when scoring. Priest had TDs, for a few years. No one cared, no one still does. Again, Alexander had Hutchinson and Walter Jones paving the way.

Rausch
09-04-2009, 03:28 AM
He's well beyond his prime but the short story is, yeah, LT is the most complete back in the last 15 years.

Period...

Buck
09-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Are we betting on this or what?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jr4g0dzVQ3U&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jr4g0dzVQ3U&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ChiefsDJ56
09-11-2009, 11:31 AM

LT may be old but he's not a scrub.....

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2009, 11:35 AM
LT may be old but he's not a scrub.....

Eh, this might as well be a three-legged, potato sack race.

DBOSHO
09-11-2009, 11:49 AM
jamaal charles is the best back in the NFL. case closed.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2009, 12:48 PM

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jr4g0dzVQ3U&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="344" width="425"></object>

Yes, of course.

Rushing yards and total touchdowns.

Winner gets sig rights for a year, to be changed whenever he wishes (within reason).

And $50.

BY1401
09-11-2009, 12:50 PM
That Chargers announcer guy is annoying as hell.

He might be even more annoying than the Jacksonville douchebag.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Josh Lewin also does the Texas Rangers' broadcasts. He's quite brilliant at what he does, actually.

Buck
09-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Yes, of course.

Winner gets sig rights for a year, to be changed whenever he wishes (within reason).

And $50.

I told you to PM me so I could give you Flopnuts email address.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2009, 12:52 PM
I told you to PM me so I could give you Flopnuts email address.

OK. Wanna start an OFFICIAL BUCK VS GOCHIEFS thread?

stumppy
09-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Yes, of course.

And $50.

WTF would anyone bet with your welching bitch ass.

Buck
09-11-2009, 12:56 PM
OK. Wanna start an OFFICIAL BUCK VS GOCHIEFS thread?

Not necessary. This thread will do.

BY1401
09-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Josh Lewin also does the Texas Rangers' broadcasts. He's quite brilliant at what he does, actually.

Being brilliant and being annoying are not mutually exclusive traits. Anyone who knows me can tell you that.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Not necessary. This thread will do.

It's on bitch!

Week 1

LJ visits Ravens
LT visits Oakland

beach tribe
09-11-2009, 01:05 PM
WTF would anyone bet with your welching bitch ass.

Dude. Who is that woman in your av.?
She is my version of perfect. From the back anyway.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2009, 01:06 PM
It's on bitch!

Week 1

LJ visits Ravens
LT visits Oakland

http://www.pastdeadline.com/images/cartman.jpg

"It's On! Shits goin' down"!

Buck
09-11-2009, 01:07 PM
It's on bitch!

Week 1

LJ visits Ravens
LT visits Oakland

My prediction.

LJ - 39 Yards, 0 TD
LT - 121 Yards, 2 TD

Gadzooks
09-11-2009, 01:08 PM
It's on bitch!

Week 1

LJ visits Ravens
LT visits Oakland

Yeah, LJ's gonna tear the Ravens D a new one.:rolleyes:
LT's gonna roll over against the Turds suffocating run D.ROFL

stumppy
09-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Dude. Who is that woman in your av.?
She is my version of perfect. From the back anyway.

I have no idea who she is other than a possible future Mrs. ex-stumppy.
I got it from a thread for wallpapers in the pictures forum . Pretty sweet isn't she ?

Hammock Parties
09-11-2009, 01:15 PM
My prediction.

LJ - 39 Yards, 0 TD
LT - 121 Yards, 2 TD

I agree with this.

Of course, LJ faces the Raiders and LT faces the Ravens in Week 2.

It'll even out. :D

Gadzooks
09-11-2009, 01:19 PM
I agree with this.

Of course, LJ faces the Raiders and LT faces the Ravens in Week 2.

It'll even out. :D

LJ won't make it to the Turds game. He'll still be kissing his boo boos.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Must...hold...tongue...

Hammock Parties
09-11-2009, 01:23 PM
LJ won't make it to the Turds game. He'll still be kissing his boo boos.

Look, Godzilla isn't breathing my name in a fiery torrent, so I'll just shut up. I can't compete with that.

Quiet Storm
09-11-2009, 02:58 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jr4g0dzVQ3U&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jr4g0dzVQ3U&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I was getting WASTED in a sky box @ the Q for that game. Good times.

Quiet Storm
09-11-2009, 03:00 PM

I'm sorry for the double post but you knew that was Josh Lewin? That's pretty fucking cool. He is a good, young announcer. I didn't know he did Ranger games. That's crazy.

And whoever said he is annoying or w/e obviously is very upset, emotional, and captured feelings from that LT run.

BY1401
09-11-2009, 03:05 PM
And whoever said he is annoying or w/e obviously is very upset, emotional, and captured feelings from that LT run.

Nah.

I just hate enthusiastic people.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm sorry for the double post but you knew that was Josh Lewin? That's pretty fucking cool. He is a good, young announcer. I didn't know he did Ranger games. That's crazy.

He's a great announcer. I couldn't believe it when I heard he was doing Chargers games. I think it's pretty rare to be the play-by-play guy for two major sports franchises in big cities, so he's got it pretty good.

Quiet Storm
09-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Nah.

I just hate enthusiastic people.

Do you listen to sports talk Radio?

I think the thread title is kind of funny.

BY1401
09-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Do you listen to sports talk Radio?

I think the thread title is kind of funny.

I listen to ESPN radio's Mike & Mike show on my way in to work sometimes.

Quiet Storm
09-11-2009, 03:20 PM
I listen to ESPN radio's Mike & Mike show on my way in to work sometimes.

oh. Never really listened to them. Saw em on TV.

JT the Brick is alright IMO but his sidekick Tom Looney is a fucking twit. They come on late at night though. They play some enthusiastic clips so might not be your cup of tea.

BY1401
09-11-2009, 03:27 PM
oh. Never really listened to them. Saw em on TV.

JT the Brick is alright IMO but his sidekick Tom Looney is a ****ing twit. They come on late at night though. They play some enthusiastic clips so might not be your cup of tea.

Who on earth can be enthusiastic at night? That just ain't right.

Oh, and I hate tea, too. But not that Passion Tea they have at Starbucks. That's actually some pretty good stuff. And not sweet tea, either. I love that shit.

Quiet Storm
09-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Who on earth can be enthusiastic at night? That just ain't right.

Oh, and I hate tea, too. But not that Passion Tea they have at Starbucks. That's actually some pretty good stuff. And not sweet tea, either. I love that shit.

True. Come to think of it, it is pretty late to get whipped up in the frenzy they do...but they do it none the less.

Agree on the starbucks passion tea. I rarely go there but that drink is on my short list.

BY1401
09-11-2009, 03:49 PM
True. Come to think of it, it is pretty late to get whipped up in the frenzy they do...but they do it none the less.

Agree on the starbucks passion tea. I rarely go there but that drink is on my short list.

I'd posrep you if you didn't have it disabled.

Buck
09-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Quit turning this thread into a fucking Tea thread.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2009, 03:53 PM
That's right. This thread is going to be full of hate and vitriol. And grandstanding. And boasting. I'm going to make like a Pro Wrestler when LJ has a great game or a great run.

Quiet Storm
09-11-2009, 03:55 PM
I'd posrep you if you didn't have it disabled.

Thanks. I guess I should turn it on.

LOL @ the last two posts. Sorry guys.

Buck
09-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Thats right.

http://www.everyjoe.com/squibkick/files/2006/12/ladainian-tomlinson-after-record.jpg

Hammock Parties
09-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Thats right.

http://www.everyjoe.com/squibkick/files/2006/12/ladainian-tomlinson-after-record.jpg

Bitch.

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/08/fantasyfootball/image/larryjohnson.jpg

Quiet Storm
09-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Bitch.

No dynasty sign?

Hammock Parties
09-11-2009, 04:00 PM
PRESEASON STATS

Larry Johnson

25 carries, 127 yards, 41 long

LaLAMEian Tomlinson

12 carries, 28 yards, 6 long

That's right. It took only ONE carry for LJ to eclipse LT's ENTIRE preseason this year.

Mecca
09-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Preseason is preseason...when the real games start Larry Johnson is a bottom tier back and LT while declining is still higher than that.

Buck
09-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Bitch.

http://www.o2designz.com/pictures/thumbify.php?pic=tomlinson_92078411.jpg&w=408&h=334&folder=uploads&smart_resize=0

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1763/6076154510a649f484e0a52zj4.jpg

Hammock Parties
09-11-2009, 04:06 PM
http://www.o2designz.com/pictures/thumbify.php?pic=tomlinson_92078411.jpg&w=408&h=334&folder=uploads&smart_resize=0

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1763/6076154510a649f484e0a52zj4.jpg

This is the best stiff-arm pic ever:

http://i26.tinypic.com/imv6dy.jpg

Buck
09-11-2009, 04:07 PM
This is the best stiff-arm pic ever:

http://i26.tinypic.com/imv6dy.jpg

Sorry, thanks for playing.

http://www.takkle.com/thumbs/scale/max/468x351/photofiles/2008/04/0920/0527eae8c6e359111f4b583a7673ed98.jpg

Buck
09-11-2009, 04:17 PM
I'll throw this one in there for good measure.

http://myhero.com/images/guest/g212905/hero53276/g212905_u59977_ladainian_tomlinson_ap_dennis_poroy.jpg

Hammock Parties
09-11-2009, 04:18 PM
You can cry yourself to sleep over those later this year.

Gadzooks
09-11-2009, 04:23 PM

Looks like LJ's gettin a BJ in this pic.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Looks like LJ's gettin a BJ in this pic.

LJ turns straight men gay.

http://www.nflgoddess.com/images/2008_wk4_kc_larry_johnson.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Good God...

Buck
09-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Hey GoChiefs, are you gonna put your money up or what? This is pretty fucking low of you.

kstater
09-13-2009, 06:37 PM
PRESEASON STATS

Larry Johnson

25 carries, 127 yards, 41 long

LaLAMEian Tomlinson

12 carries, 28 yards, 6 long

That's right. It took only ONE carry for LJ to eclipse LT's ENTIRE preseason this year.

LJ had 20 yards on 11 carries. I'm fairly confident Tomlinson will surpass that tomorrow.

teedubya
09-13-2009, 06:38 PM
LJ sucks.

teedubya
09-13-2009, 06:38 PM
In fact, Im gonna go to his blog and tell him... 11 for 20 is unacceptable.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-13-2009, 06:40 PM
In fact, Im gonna go to his blog and tell him... 11 for 20 is unacceptable.

Could you please add "no heart or drive" when you do? Thanks.:thumb:

Hammock Parties
09-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Hey GoChiefs, are you gonna put your money up or what? This is pretty fucking low of you.

Relax, dipshit.

Buck
09-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Relax, dipshit.

You don't make a fuckin bet on something that starts in the beginning of the season and then not pay before the beginning. Thats low dude.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2009, 06:48 PM
I just send Flop my money, that I will win back when LJ tromps all over LT.

http://i30.tinypic.com/2r2sxee.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts
09-13-2009, 06:50 PM
I just send Flop my money, that I will win back when LJ tromps all over LT.

http://i30.tinypic.com/2r2sxee.jpg

Confirmed.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Sorry, Buck. Had to sneak mommy's Visa.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Sorry, Buck. Had to sneak mommy's Visa.

LMAO

teedubya
09-13-2009, 07:28 PM

The best stiff arm ever?

Valiant
09-13-2009, 07:55 PM
You don't make a ****in bet on something that starts in the beginning of the season and then not pay before the beginning. Thats low dude.

Buck you probably need to start a thread for the bet, with links and all and then update the first post week by week..

Buck
09-13-2009, 07:59 PM
Buck you probably need to start a thread for the bet, with links and all and then update the first post week by week..

GoChiefs had that idea, I guess your probably right. I'll let him do it.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-13-2009, 08:00 PM
1 pt per rushing yard, 50 points per TD of any variety. Total points at season's end, wins.

LaChapelle
09-14-2009, 10:01 PM
LT: I'm the best in the league, on the sideline.

Hammock Parties
09-14-2009, 10:05 PM
LT: I'm the best in the league, on the sideline.

LT is not doing much.

If he doesn't bust out here pretty soon LJ will catch him next week...because LT is not doing shit against Baltimore.

Hammock Parties
09-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Week 1

LT - 55 yards, 1 TD
LJ - 20 yards

Considering the opponent, I'll take this. LJ needs to get in the end zone next week to make up for Week 1. I don't think LT will do shit against Baltimore.

By the way, LT fumbled. LJ did not. Suck on that!

It's also pretty clear Sproles needs to steal as many of LT's touches as possible. Buck, buck, buck. You poor dumb bastard.

Buck
09-14-2009, 11:54 PM
LJ will be injured by week 7, dont worry. And I'm not worried.

We were playing from behind all night we couldn't play LT.

Sad to say thats the case nowadays, when you need to get back in the lead, you need Sproles in there for his pass catching ability.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-14-2009, 11:57 PM
Two Useless sacks of Dung, one cup.

DrRyan
09-14-2009, 11:59 PM
1 pt per rushing yard, 50 points per TD of any variety. Total points at season's end, wins.

You did not seriously bet on this did you? You poor misguided soul GC. LT is well down hill from the pinnacle of his career, but what kind of numbers are you expecting out of LJ to win the bet?

DrRyan
09-15-2009, 12:00 AM
LJ will be injured by week 7, dont worry. And I'm not worried.

We were playing from behind all night we couldn't play LT.

Sad to say thats the case nowadays, when you need to get back in the lead, you need Sproles in there for his pass catching ability.

Bu, bu, but LT is the best back in the league.

Buck
09-15-2009, 12:02 AM

I guess I'm a little humbled, but LT is still a top 5 back in the league, IMO. When you have a weapon like Sproles thouh when you are down, how can you not use him?

And don't tell me you think that Sproles could be a legit on man show.

Tiger's Fan
09-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Two Useless sacks of Dung, one cup.

Yep

Gadzooks
09-15-2009, 12:03 AM

Chargers fuckin win! That's all that matters!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2009, 12:04 AM

That depends on how many men he has to do. He's kind of a short little feller.:D

Basileus777
09-15-2009, 12:05 AM
I guess I'm a little humbled, but LT is still a top 5 back in the league, IMO..

You're speaking from the heart here. LT might not even be the best back on his own team.

Buck
09-15-2009, 12:07 AM
You're speaking from the heart here. LT might not even be the best back on his own team.

Darren Sproles has not proven he is better than LT.

You are crazy.

Valiant
09-15-2009, 12:08 AM
I guess I'm a little humbled, but LT is still a top 5 back in the league, IMO. When you have a weapon like Sproles thouh when you are down, how can you not use him?

I would say top ten.. And I don't think sproles would make it as an every down back.. I think if they tried he would lose some of his explosiveness and get dinged up to quick.. IMO 15 touches a game(rushes and passes) plus return game is perfect for him..

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2009, 12:09 AM

I'll say this for Sproles; for the talk I've heard about "elite acceleration" as it pertains to either of the two fucks in this bet; Sproles kills BOTH of 'em, hands down.
That fucker is fast.

DrRyan
09-15-2009, 12:10 AM

No, I do not think Sproles could tote the rock 25 times a game. I also don't think LT is near a top five back in the league. Maybe a top ten.

I would take AP, Turner, MJD, Forte, SJax, Slaton, Chris Johnson, likely DeAngelo Williams and possibly Gore, Jacobs, Westbrook, Barber and Grant. I would not be surprised to see at least one or two of the "possibles" have a better year than LT. Time will tell.

Buck
09-15-2009, 12:11 AM
Sproles was pissing me off though. He fumbled 2 Kickoffs and a Punt. Luckily he recovered immediately, but that last one gave us shitty field position.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2009, 12:11 AM
LJ will be injured by week 7, dont worry.

ROFL

Now you're stealing my reasoning over why LT won't last the season?

KcMizzou
09-15-2009, 12:12 AM
I'll say this for Sproles; for the talk I've heard about "elite acceleration" as it pertains to either of the two ****s in this bet; Sproles kills BOTH of 'em, hands down.
That ****er is fast.Those little stubby legs are a blur.

Buck
09-15-2009, 12:12 AM
ROFL

Now you're stealing my reasoning over why LT won't last the season?

Go back and read the thread n00b.

I talked multiple times about LJ washing out early this year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Those little stubby legs are a blur.

He seriously reminds me of a Doberman chasing a tennis ball.

Gadzooks
09-15-2009, 12:19 AM
He seriously reminds me of a Doberman chasing a tennis ball.

That's a great analogy.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2009, 12:21 AM
Go back and read the thread n00b.

I talked multiple times about LJ washing out early this year.

It still doesn't make any sense. But, okay.

Gadzooks
09-15-2009, 12:33 AM
It still doesn't make any sense. But, okay.

So you concede already?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2009, 12:40 AM
"Which dinosaur shall drag their creaky carcass upon yon field for more yardage"?
"Tune in next week; same crap time, same crap channel"!

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NOUPjEHYFew&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Hammock Parties
09-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Chargers fans call for LT to be benched. (http://forums.signonsandiego.com/showthread.php?t=100664)

please get him 100%. dont push it. Bolts wont be able to run vs the ravens either way. Spread em out and go aerial mixed in with some screens to sproles. no huddle that **** too.

3rd the motion

I think he needs to get healthy and sitting him one week could make him good for 14 more games instead of nagging, waiting for bye week,e tc

we have insurance his name is Michael Bennett and he is a stud! Lets rest LT and use our insurance plan? do you agree?

How about they just sit him period.

The sad fact is, the Chargers are a better team with him not on the field. Amazing when you realize this is a top 5 RB of all time we are talking about. Just shows how fast things can change.

Buck
09-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Chargers fans call for LT to be benched. (http://forums.signonsandiego.com/showthread.php?t=100664)

God Damn you are Retarded

Hammock Parties
09-17-2009, 10:19 PM
God Damn you are Retarded

I don't think you have an objective take on LaDainian Tomlinson.

Considering what he has done for your franchise, any Chargers fan that is questioning him now has to be given a large amount of credence. There are very few LT "haters" in your fan base.

Anyway, Larry gets a free game to gain on LT Sunday. How wonderful! You better hope LT doesn't miss any more games.... :evil:

Buck
09-17-2009, 10:20 PM
I don't think you have an objective take on LaDainian Tomlinson.

I don't think posting opinions of retarded fans has anything to do with this bet.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2009, 10:22 PM
I don't think posting opinions of retarded fans has anything to do with this bet.

See, you only think they're retarded because they don't share your man love for LT.

Of course they didn't talk about the REAL reason to sit LT - the Ravens are going to fuck him UP. If he plays on that ankle against Baltimore he risks further injury.

Buck
09-17-2009, 10:23 PM
See, you only think they're retarded because they don't share your man love for LT.

Of course they didn't talk about the REAL reason to sit LT - the Ravens are going to **** him UP. If he plays on that ankle against Baltimore he risks further injury.

Half those posts were saying rest him because he is injured, not that he is done.

If anyone doesn't think straight about their "franchise" RB its you.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-17-2009, 10:38 PM
I think you'll both tie at 650 yards.

svuba
09-17-2009, 10:52 PM
LJ sucks!
He had great stats running behind one of the best O-lines in football, when that line fell apart his stats went in the crapper. LJ gets yardage only if he has a clear lane to get up to full speed, then he is very hard to tackle. However if he has to create his own yardage or try to grind out a first down he falls down like a little girl.

LT has always been more dangerous than LJ, he is just quicker, shiftier, and more consistent.

They are both finished in my opinion. Both will finish this season with less than 800 yards rushing, and Tomlinson will be an additional liability because he can't admit that Sproles is the best RB on the team.

It is laughable that LT still thinks he is the best RB in the league!

Ugly Duck
09-18-2009, 12:45 AM

Everbody makes fun of GoChiefs.... he's always open season and fair game. But he might actually be right this time....

boltpower 21
09-18-2009, 01:00 AM
Sproles is great as a third down back and he is arguably the best screen catching RB in the league.

Still not really convinced about him on 1st and 2nd downs though. His YPC against the Raiders were half of what LT's were. While he did good against Denver (who doesn't?) and Indy last year, he got punked going against a real defense like Pittsburgh in the playoffs. His ineffectiveness running the ball against the Raiders is a concern to me.

Right now, they make a great combo. LT on 1st and 2nd downs and Sproles sometimes in on 3rd down and in two minute drills or the occasional screen play. I'd rather see Michael Bennet come in to give LT a breather on 1st and 2nd downs at this point.

88TG88
09-18-2009, 01:17 AM
I think you'll both tie at 650 yards.

that would be so great

Mecca
09-18-2009, 01:31 AM
If you played Sproles as a starter you'd take away his effectiveness by gassing him. He's not big enough to be an every down guy.

Hammock Parties
09-19-2009, 05:49 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/fantasyjoe/post/2009/09/elway-no-way-id-have-drafted-marshall/1

Some of Elway's strongest comments were about Tomlinson, whom he thinks will not regain his form as a top running back.

"Those running backs, they get hit so much that once they start to go, they go pretty fast," Elway says. "(Tomlinson) was dinged up last year, sprained an ankle again on Monday night. He was a great player for a long, long time, but I think you're starting to see the end. He's getting banged up and not bouncing back. He fumbled the other night for the first time in how long? I don't think we'll see the LT of old again."