PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs My Pioli/Haley Theory

Rain Man
09-02-2009, 01:08 PM
These guys are masters of guile and secrecy. We don't know what's going on. Here's what I think.

1. They didn't really fire Chan. It's just a ruse so Baltimore will stop studying him.

2. Goff has been told to dog it so that teams won't know how good he is. They'll plan to attack his area, only to get a very negative surprise.

3. Cassel? Not injured. Look at that play. He wasn't injured.

4. Zach Thomas is being held back because he doesn't need the work, and they don't want anyone to know how he's being used.

5. Why reveal your blocking schemes and kick returner speed in the preseason? Run everything half-speed and save the explosion for Week 1.

I'm telling you, these guys are geniuses.

Buehler445
09-02-2009, 01:10 PM
I fuggin wish. Seriously.

Bugeater
09-02-2009, 01:15 PM
TO THE MOTHER****ING 'SHIP!

Silock
09-02-2009, 01:15 PM
I think they tried to do some of that, but in the process, some actually bad things happened.

ChiefJustice
09-02-2009, 01:20 PM
You are tempting fate with this one.

http://phuketdir.com/hwelte/imageSSL.jpg

DMAC
09-02-2009, 01:21 PM
I would have believed this if I hadnt said the same thing every year prior.

keg in kc
09-02-2009, 01:23 PM
If you wrote that in the middle of a crop circle on the grassy knoll while studying topographical images of papoose lake, then might be something to it.

Molitoth
09-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Rainman is the best.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Where's the "Gaz says PIOLI"!-option?

Bane
09-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Not with ya on this one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-02-2009, 01:48 PM
These guys are masters of guile and secrecy. We don't know what's going on. Here's what I think.

1. They didn't really fire Chan. It's just a ruse so Baltimore will stop studying him.

2. Goff has been told to dog it so that teams won't know how good he is. They'll plan to attack his area, only to get a very negative surprise.

3. Cassel? Not injured. Look at that play. He wasn't injured.

4. Zach Thomas is being held back because he doesn't need the work, and they don't want anyone to know how he's being used.

5. Why reveal your blocking schemes and kick returner speed in the preseason? Run everything half-speed and save the explosion for Week 1.

I'm telling you, these guys are geniuses.

Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A7F2X3rSSCU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A7F2X3rSSCU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Delano
09-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Haley is also a decoy. Herm is still pulling the string.

JuicesFlowing
09-02-2009, 01:54 PM
So Zach Thomas didn't retire? Alright.
* as per Adam Schefter ... I just answered my own question!

Chief Faithful
09-02-2009, 01:57 PM
6. Show casing Thigpen to up his trade value.

CosmicPal
09-02-2009, 02:02 PM

I was listening to NFL Sirius a couple of days ago. They were discussing Offensive Linemen and someone mentioned Goff. He said that Goff was the 4th ranked Offensive Lineman for run blocking in the NFL according to some stats compiled by ESPN.

ESPN apparently has a crew that watches every single play for every player. Based on this report, Goff beat his opponent a remarkable 90-some percentage of the time in RUN BLOCKING. Not pass-blocking, mind you. But RUN blocking.
This evidence was compiled by film research, so I guess you have to take it as it is.

MahiMike
09-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Sooo, you're sayin' that beating the Ravens IS the season?

Rain Man
09-02-2009, 02:27 PM
I was listening to NFL Sirius a couple of days ago. They were discussing Offensive Linemen and someone mentioned Goff. He said that Goff was the 4th ranked Offensive Lineman for run blocking in the NFL according to some stats compiled by ESPN.

ESPN apparently has a crew that watches every single play for every player. Based on this report, Goff beat his opponent a remarkable 90-some percentage of the time in RUN BLOCKING. Not pass-blocking, mind you. But RUN blocking.
This evidence was compiled by film research, so I guess you have to take it as it is.

Even more proof of my theory.

Skip Towne
09-02-2009, 02:27 PM
You are tempting fate with this one.

http://phuketdir.com/hwelte/imageSSL.jpg

Hey, a B-17. Reminds me of when Rainman left me in a German POW camp.

Buck
09-02-2009, 02:30 PM
And Vrabel's been playing defense in the preseason, but he'll play exclusively at TE once the season starts.

milkman
09-02-2009, 02:33 PM

Evaluating O-Linemen can be very arbitrary.
We can all watch exactly the same thing and reach very different conclusions.

keg in kc
09-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Evaluating O-Linemen can be very arbitrary.
We can all watch exactly the same thing and reach very different conclusions.Beyond that, it's like watching any play - unless we know exactly what people are supposed to do according to their assignment on a specific play, it's not always easy to tell who screwed-up. And as much as we call watching the broadcast "game film," it isn't, not by a long shot.

keg in kc
09-02-2009, 02:47 PM
I hit every item on that list. Go me.

Reerun_KC
09-02-2009, 02:47 PM
To the Titanic!!!!