PDA

View Full Version : Football Blue Bombers bail on Pacman Jones

KC2004
09-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Blue Bombers bail on Pacman Jones
Posted by Mike Florio on September 2, 2009 8:51 PM ET

Well, Pacman's tenure in Canada was a short one.

So short that he never even set foot on Canadian soil.

Despite on-the-record comments from director of player personnel John Murphy indicating that the Winnipeg Blue Bombers will be signing the unwanted cornerback, the organization has released a statement indicating that Pacman Jones won't be playing for the Blue Bombers.

"It is unfortunate that this situation became public however our position has remained consistent," head coach Mike Kelly said in the team-issued release. "We will pursue athletes that we believe will contribute to our organization on and off the field."

(The situation became public, of course, because director of player personnel John Murphy opted to talk about it . . . publicly.)

"We have completed our assessment and due diligence and at this time we will not be pursuing the services of Adam Jones," Kelly said.

So there you have it. The wait continues for Pacman.

And, as one NFL source points out, the CFL might never be an option, based on Canada's very real reluctance to provide safe harbor to our legal-system misfits.

Eventually, we have a feeling he'll be sniffing around the UFL, even if they don't want him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/02/blue-bombers-bail-on-pacman-jones/

Skip Towne
09-02-2009, 07:57 PM
I need some help installing satellite systems but I wouldn't hire him.

Quiet Storm
09-02-2009, 08:01 PM
it couldn't of happened to a nicer guy.

Bane
09-02-2009, 08:34 PM
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAHAAAAA!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana
09-02-2009, 09:03 PM
*SNICKER* Even the Canooks hack football program won't take thug boy. Enjoy your new gig at Taco Bell..........bitch.

POND_OF_RED
09-02-2009, 09:10 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3570/3317626214_6d604d91d5.jpg

Buehler445
09-02-2009, 09:11 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3570/3317626214_6d604d91d5.jpg

ROFL

Easy 6
09-02-2009, 09:35 PM
I havent been to Canada since i was a kid, but somehow, from what i know, its easy to imagine people in that country being far less tolerant of his type of behavior than here.

He better hope he didnt blow his wad on strippers & his posses rent.

morphius
09-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Will Jesse Jackson be making his case to let the man play football soon?

morphius
using the term man based on age only here.

salame
09-02-2009, 10:37 PM
he needs tony dungy
NOW

Gadzooks
09-02-2009, 10:46 PM
I havent been to Canada since i was a kid, but somehow, from what i know, its easy to imagine people in that country being far less tolerant of his type of behavior than here.

He better hope he didnt blow his wad on strippers & his posses rent.

I go to "Canada" (Toronto area) alot, He could stick in Toronto. They put up with "Rocket Ishmael (sp?) stomping on a guys head on the sideline to win a Grey Cup.
It's a huge country with few people outside of Tor, Mon and Van. Winnipgers have enough problems w/o having to deal with Pac-Man, but, this whole thing is pathetic.:shake:
Game Over:thumb:

Easy 6
09-02-2009, 10:51 PM
I go to "Canada" (Toronto area) alot, He could stick in Toronto. They put up with "Rocket Ishmael (sp?) stomping on a guys head on the sideline to win a Grey Cup.
It's a huge country with few people outside of Tor, Mon and Van. Winnipgers have enough problems w/o having to deal with Pac-Man, but, this whole thing is pathetic.:shake:
Game Over:thumb:

Thats weird, i never thought of Rocket as a dirty player. He & Quadry always came off as polite, soft spoken guys.

I guess ya never know.

Predarat
09-02-2009, 10:52 PM
hahahahhaha

salame
09-02-2009, 10:54 PM
ufl?

El Jefe
09-03-2009, 06:52 AM
Blue Bombers bail on Pacman Jones
Posted by Mike Florio on September 2, 2009 8:51 PM ET

Well, Pacman's tenure in Canada was a short one.

So short that he never even set foot on Canadian soil.

Despite on-the-record comments from director of player personnel John Murphy indicating that the Winnipeg Blue Bombers will be signing the unwanted cornerback, the organization has released a statement indicating that Pacman Jones won't be playing for the Blue Bombers.

"It is unfortunate that this situation became public however our position has remained consistent," head coach Mike Kelly said in the team-issued release. "We will pursue athletes that we believe will contribute to our organization on and off the field."

(The situation became public, of course, because director of player personnel John Murphy opted to talk about it . . . publicly.)

"We have completed our assessment and due diligence and at this time we will not be pursuing the services of Adam Jones," Kelly said.

So there you have it. The wait continues for Pacman.

And, as one NFL source points out, the CFL might never be an option, based on Canada's very real reluctance to provide safe harbor to our legal-system misfits.

Eventually, we have a feeling he'll be sniffing around the UFL, even if they don't want him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/02/blue-bombers-bail-on-pacman-jones/

My buddy was an All-American D3 wide reciever last year, he graduated and had a tryout for a few UFL teams, and he got some offers. The UFL isn't exactly a lock to make big money, his contract would have been for 2k a game.

BY1401
09-03-2009, 06:58 AM
Game Over picture link

OMFG ROFL

IOU 1 posrep.

BY1401
09-03-2009, 07:09 AM
ufl?

Yeah. There was an article on there yesterday titled: UFL glad Pacman went north

If I wasn't so noobly, I could post the link. Actually, it looks a lot like:

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/02/ufl-glad-pacman-went-north/

but there's an h t t p : / / in front of all of that stuff.

Param
09-03-2009, 07:55 AM
pacman only played 3 seasons in the nfl, so i doubt he's going to get some type of pension from the league. The guy went from sacks full of money to possibly going near broke these days. This is probably not the last we hear of him.

Otter
09-03-2009, 08:03 AM
*SNICKER* Even the Canooks hack football program won't take thug boy. Enjoy your new gig at Taco Bell..........bitch.

Once his money runs out he's prolly going to jail, on the lamb or for a dirt nap.

Stupid **** had the world by the balls and all he had to do was stay out of trouble.

BY1401
09-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Stupid **** had the world by the balls and all he had to do was stay out of trouble.

And learn how to cover an NFL receiver.

I know...details, details.

Otter
09-03-2009, 08:32 AM

I wonder if his poor performance had anything to do with being more worried about being a gangster than a NFL cornerback?

I know...details.

Carlton Gray was a below average CB who lasted a decade and earned some sweet cash for just showing up, doing his job and staying out of trouble.

Param
09-03-2009, 08:41 AM

If he had no baggage and was a model citizen, he would be on a roster right now practicing and preparing for the season opener.

BY1401
09-03-2009, 08:46 AM
I wonder if his poor performance had anything to do with being more worried about being a gangster than a NFL cornerback?

I know...details.

Carlton Gray was a below average CB who lasted a decade and earned some sweet cash for just showing up, doing his job and staying out of trouble.

True, but did Carlton Jones come into the L with as much hype as Little Blue Ghost Jones did?

I'm not disagreeing with you. I just like having an excuse to hack on the silly douche is all.

Otter
09-03-2009, 08:53 AM
True, but did Carlton Jones come into the L with as much hype as Little Blue Ghost Jones did?

I'm not disagreeing with you. I just like having an excuse to hack on the silly douche is all.

Yeah, who knows what could have been. He certainly had the physical tools.

The boy liked drama, he's about to get some when the coffers run dry. You don't keep a pad like this up on interest or working for the Blue Bombers.

http://deadspin.com/386544/take-a-tour-of-pacmans-crib

T-post Tom
09-03-2009, 02:35 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Pacman cooked his own Canadian goose
Posted by Mike Florio on September 3, 2009 11:49 AM ET
Poor, poor Pacman.

As it turns out, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers didn't pull the plug on pursuing Pacman Jones because he might have had trouble getting into Canada, but because of Pacman's recent performance on USTREAM.

According to Paul Friesen of the Winnipeg Sun, the Tuesday night video, which Jones announced in his most recent Twitter entry, prompted the Blue Bombers to drop Pacman.

"Don't throw no dollars at me," Jones said while shirtless and flexing. "If you want to throw somethin' at me, throw me an NFL contract, man."

Friesen describes the video as "so disjointed you couldn't help but wonder if the guy was actually jointed, if you know what I mean." (We like these Canadian writers.)

"I've got a clause in my contract, when I get a call from an NFL team I can go over," Jones said. "I actually got two calls today, so if they tell me tomorrow that Pacman's back, that'd be a bummer for all my Winnipeg fans."

Friesen points out that, when the video began, Jones announced he'll be playing in the UFL.

"Go to the UFL and do my thing and get ready for a playoff run in the NFL, you know what I'm sayin'?" Pacman said.

Someone then called Pacman and told him that he actually would be playing for the CFL, not the UFL.

Now, he's playing for the NoFL, and as always he has only one person to blame.

CanadianChief
09-03-2009, 03:00 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Pacman cooked his own Canadian goose
Posted by Mike Florio on September 3, 2009 11:49 AM ET
Poor, poor Pacman.

As it turns out, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers didn't pull the plug on pursuing Pacman Jones because he might have had trouble getting into Canada, but because of Pacman's recent performance on USTREAM.

According to Paul Friesen of the Winnipeg Sun, the Tuesday night video, which Jones announced in his most recent Twitter entry, prompted the Blue Bombers to drop Pacman.

"Don't throw no dollars at me," Jones said while shirtless and flexing. "If you want to throw somethin' at me, throw me an NFL contract, man."

Friesen describes the video as "so disjointed you couldn't help but wonder if the guy was actually jointed, if you know what I mean." (We like these Canadian writers.)

"I've got a clause in my contract, when I get a call from an NFL team I can go over," Jones said. "I actually got two calls today, so if they tell me tomorrow that Pacman's back, that'd be a bummer for all my Winnipeg fans."

Friesen points out that, when the video began, Jones announced he'll be playing in the UFL.

"Go to the UFL and do my thing and get ready for a playoff run in the NFL, you know what I'm sayin'?" Pacman said.

Someone then called Pacman and told him that he actually would be playing for the CFL, not the UFL.

Now, he's playing for the NoFL, and as always he has only one person to blame.

This is too bad. I was hoping he'd cut my grass and shovel the driveway while he was here seeing as he'd be trying to make ends meet and all.