PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Screw "microfracture Runyan," get Tra Thomas

TFG
09-02-2009, 08:48 PM
The Jags "bluff" with Tra Thomas is now out. The new "Starters" are Monroe Manuwai Meester Pashos and Britton. Thomas is OUT as a starter. Pashos was always an OG playing ORT.

Tyler Thig for Tra Thomas??

Bill Lundberg
09-02-2009, 08:54 PM
HELLLLLLLLLLLS YEAHHHHHHHHHH!

Bane
09-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Almost anyone is an upgrade!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445
09-02-2009, 08:58 PM
The Jags "bluff" with Tra Thomas is now out. The new "Starters" are Monroe Manuwai Meester Pashos and Britton. Thomas is OUT as a starter. Pashos was always an OG playing ORT.

Tyler Thig for Tra Thomas??

I would JIMP.

Seriously.

tonyetony
09-02-2009, 09:01 PM
I'd be ok giving them a little more than just Thigpen.

Buehler445
09-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Agreed Tony. If, indeed the Jags are still interested in Thiggy, we could send them a late rounder and this could be a sort of win-win.

I doubt they're going to want to let him go with the epic suck their line was last year, but I hope to fuck it works out.

TFG, I like this a lot more than your #3 overall bit. A LOT more.

Titty Meat
09-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Yea that'll make a difference, fucking moron

Buehler445
09-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Yea that'll make a difference, fucking moron

:spock: Who are you talking to/about?

The Bad Guy
09-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Tra has NEVER played RT in his life.

No thanks.

Simply Red
09-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Yea that'll make a difference, ****ing moron

you're completely out of control, entirely.

Titty Meat
09-02-2009, 09:14 PM
:spock: Who are you talking to/about?

The people who think signing a 30+ old right tackle or Marvin Harrison will mean the Chiefs will win games.

Titty Meat
09-02-2009, 09:15 PM
you're completely out of control, entirely.

Sowwy

Mecca
09-02-2009, 09:15 PM
At this point the Chiefs need to do anything they can to not allow their investment in Cassel to end up with him being a bomb.

Titty Meat
09-02-2009, 09:17 PM
At this point the Chiefs need to do anything they can to not allow their investment in Cassel to end up with him being a bomb.

Herm proved that washed up RT aren't an improvement though. At this point its too late Pioli and Haley done fucked up.

Simply Red

bomb? Like a waisted investment, is that what you mean?

tonyetony
The people who think signing a 30+ old right tackle or Marvin Harrison will mean the Chiefs will win games.

Yeah Roaf really sucked didn't he.:doh!:

Titty Meat
09-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Yeah Roaf really sucked didn't he.:doh!:

Yea Roaf with shields, weigman, waters, ect. Nice try cock boy.

tonyetony
09-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Sorry but Thomas starts somewhere on our line period and at the worst he brings more to the table than anyone else we have backing up at LT.

tonyetony
09-02-2009, 09:22 PM
Yeah Roaf sucked in NO also douche bag. WTF

Titty Meat
09-02-2009, 09:22 PM
Yeah Roaf sucked in NO also douche bag. WTF

You're a dumbass comparing Roaf to Tra Thomas anyway.

Mecca
09-02-2009, 09:24 PM
If Tra Thomas had much left I doubt Philly would have replaced him...or that he'd be getting beat out by a rookie that signed late.

I don't think you trade picks for an old declining player when you are so devoid of talent like the Chiefs are.

tonyetony
No our line sucks ass and your a fucking idiot if you think Tra Thomas will make it worse.

Titty Meat
If Tra Thomas had much left I doubt Philly would have replaced him...or that he'd be getting beat out by a rookie that signed late.

I don't think you trade picks for an old declining player when you are so devoid of talent like the Chiefs are.

Common sense FTW

Easy 6
So, Runyan has a lil prob with a fracture, no wonder he hasnt been picked up yet... a big, talented & nasty vet from a good program that nary a team has bit on?

There had to be a good reason & so there was. Will there be ANY good vets available?

I have my doubts this late in the game...gahhh.

Titty Meat
09-02-2009, 09:26 PM
No our line sucks ass and your a ****ing idiot if you think Tra Thomas will make it worse.

He won't make it any better you cock gobblin. Only Carl Peterson would trade draft picks for a player who is 35. You are a fucking moron.

Mecca
09-02-2009, 09:26 PM
So, Runyan has a lil prob with a fracture, no wonder he hasnt been picked up yet... a big, talented & nasty vet from a good program that nary a team has bit on?

There had to be a good reason & so there was. Will there be ANY good vets available?

I have my doubts this late in the game...gahhh.

No he had microfracture surgery, his doctor told him he could resume playing now.

Easy 6
09-02-2009, 09:29 PM
No he had microfracture surgery, his doctor told him he could resume playing now.

Sign him NOW Pioli, you LOSER!

Titty Meat
09-02-2009, 09:30 PM
lol at this point a 35 year old tackle and one coming off microfracture surgery are no better than Richardson or Mcintosh. Pioli fucked up on the o-line plain and simple.

Mecca
09-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Atleast if you sign Runyan and it doesn't work you aren't out draft picks.

Titty Meat
09-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Atleast if you sign Runyan and it doesn't work you aren't out draft picks.

Yea neither would Jason Brown or Ray Willis and they'd be with the franchise for awhile.

Mecca
09-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Jason Brown got alot of money for an interior lineman..my guess is the Chiefs paid 100+ to 2 guys and that was it no more big money was going out this offseason.

WildTurkey
Yea neither would Jason Brown or Ray Willis and they'd be with the franchise for awhile.

yes overpaying for FA's has always worked well with the Chiefs, that Ty Law was awesome for us wasn't he :spock:

Mecca
yes overpaying for FA's has always worked well with the Chiefs, that Ty Law was awesome for us wasn't he :spock:

Both of those guys are in their 20's where Law was old...and Willis signed a very reasonable contract...

tonyetony
09-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Thomas is in football shape and ready to go. He's been in a neck and neck battle the whole camp with 1st rounder Eugene Monroe for the starting LT spot. If we can get him straight up for Thigpen we really win.

Mecca
09-02-2009, 09:38 PM
I highly doubt they're trading him for Thigpen either.

Titty Meat
09-02-2009, 09:39 PM

Heh you don't watch the NFL.

LaChapelle
get a room already

Mecca
If anything the last thing a Chiefs fan should really complain about is FA's, if it wasn't for them this team would have been awful for a lot longer than it was...

Titty Meat
09-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Both of those guys are in their 20's where Law was old...and Willis signed a very reasonable contract...

True. Though Pioli could have signed Willis and like you said drafted Robinson or Meredith. The line still would have been upgraded.

Mecca
09-02-2009, 09:42 PM
You should never just shun FA, when did this idea that signing FA's is bad happen?

If your San Diego it's great because they don't have to sign anyone they have talent and can replace the few players they lose in the draft.

WildTurkey
09-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Heh you don't watch the NFL.

Yeah I have been watching the Chiefs too long I almost forgot how a proper franchise is run

WildTurkey
09-02-2009, 09:46 PM
You should never just shun FA, when did this idea that signing FA's is bad happen?

If your San Diego it's great because they don't have to sign anyone they have talent and can replace the few players they lose in the draft.

yeah but if your a 2-14 team you don't try and quick fix everything with FA's you spend the big bucks when your good and are a few players away from being a great team, the Chiefs were nowhere near that

Micjones
09-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Ray Willis is young enough to have contributed here for 4-5 years.
AND he was signed very reasonably. We dropped the ball.
He's one of the best young RT's in the league.
I SCREAMED about this guy all off-season.

WildTurkey
09-02-2009, 10:05 PM
I liked Willis a lot, it's more of the Brown signing that I was talking about, not a huge fan of that much cash for an Interior Lineman

aturnis
09-02-2009, 10:12 PM
Is there any question that billay is the single worst poster on this board? Can't stand that little bitch.

Mecca
09-02-2009, 10:14 PM
I liked Willis a lot, it's more of the Brown signing that I was talking about, not a huge fan of that much cash for an Interior Lineman

Well not to many people were bitching when Shields had a ridiculous interior lineman contract.

tonyetony
09-02-2009, 10:20 PM
Is there any question that billay is the single worst poster on this board? Can't stand that little bitch.

Some people have lots of problems and will say and do things on a board knowing they're safe at home. I promise you he wouldn't say anything remotely close to me in person. He has pretty circular thinking really, strange.

Mecca
09-02-2009, 10:20 PM
He isn't "that" bad of a poster atleast he speaks in the football part of the forum and has coherent posts there are posters I can't say that for.

DeezNutz
09-02-2009, 10:21 PM
He isn't "that" bad of a poster atleast he speaks in the football part of the forum and has coherent posts there are posters I can't say that for.

You're fucking talking about me, aren't you?

Mecca
09-02-2009, 10:23 PM
You're fucking talking about me, aren't you?

Well son I dunno, do you got the nuts on your eyes again?

DeezNutz
09-02-2009, 10:24 PM
Well son I dunno, do you got the nuts on your eyes again?

The danger of pulling out...

Mecca
09-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Haha I was just watching NFL live and they were doing a west preview...Chiefs last from both guys.

tonyetony
09-02-2009, 10:26 PM

Your not saying that because he agrees with 90% of your posts are you? If anyone takes the time to read this thread it doesn't take much imagination to envision you two dry humping.

DeezNutz
09-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Haha I was just watching NFL live and they were doing a west preview...Chiefs last from both guys.

With Brodie slated to start tomorrow and play for about a quarter, I'm interested to see if he gets injured, too.

Epic meltdown if we're staring Tyler "I fucking pissed away a 5th" Thigpen right in the face.

Mecca
09-02-2009, 10:27 PM
LOL he and I never even use to get along...

But seriously I'd rather read his posts than a Smed post....or CrazyCoffey.

salame
09-02-2009, 10:31 PM
I'd be ok giving them a little more than just Thigpen.

yes yes

Simply Red
09-02-2009, 10:33 PM

eat it.

Simply Red
09-02-2009, 10:35 PM

I think that that is his thing, he's like obnoxious name caller person. If nothing else, it's fun to laugh at.

tonyetony
09-02-2009, 10:39 PM
LOL he and I never even use to get along...

But seriously I'd rather read his posts than a Smed post....or CrazyCoffey.
He won't make it any better you cock gobblin. Only Carl Peterson would trade draft picks for a player who is 35. You are a ****ing moron.

If you think this kind of shit is quality what's that say about you.

Quit defending him.

Mecca
09-02-2009, 10:41 PM
He won't make it any better you cock gobblin. Only Carl Peterson would trade draft picks for a player who is 35. You are a ****ing moron.

If you think this kind of shit is quality what's that say about you.

Quit defending him.

Well no I don't generally agree with posting that way but half the forum talks like that.

Hell Stevie insults people and he gets treated like a god.

Silock
09-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Yeah, but he's not a douchebag.

tonyetony
09-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Yeah, but he's not a douchebag.

Yeah that's really not my style. I'm an adult I shouldn't have let myself do that, but I did. My mistake.

I probably won't do it again.

Probably.

salame
09-02-2009, 10:51 PM
whats up with levi brown?

corecction levi jones

tonyetony
09-02-2009, 10:57 PM

corecction levi jones

He hasn't been able to stay healthy the last few seasons. The Seahawks and a few other teams have expressed interest. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in for a look but he hasn't been playing so you have to wonder how long it would take for him to contribute.

salame
09-02-2009, 11:03 PM
He hasn't been able to stay healthy the last few seasons. The Seahawks and a few other teams have expressed interest. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in for a look but he hasn't been playing so you have to wonder how long it would take for him to contribute.

I would think day one he would outperfrom mcintosh

tonyetony
09-02-2009, 11:10 PM
I would think day one he would outperfrom mcintosh

Oh me too. That's why there is so many angry posters around here. We could have at the very least worked Levi out a long time ago. Goff is looking like a whiff and the only other thing we did to try and upgrade the OL was trade for some Miami backups.

salame
09-02-2009, 11:17 PM
there must be something wrong that no one knows about publicly
he had a pretty contract in cinci maybe he wants that kind of money

tonyetony
09-02-2009, 11:29 PM
I hope Pioli is considering spending some money on some one year contracts for decent veteran offensive linemen as a stop gap measure. If we don't try to upgrade the next few weeks I'd be really surprised. Our qb's just don't stand a chance if we stand pat.

WildTurkey
09-02-2009, 11:32 PM
I hope Pioli is considering spending some money on some one year contracts for decent veteran offensive linemen as a stop gap measure. If we don't try to upgrade the next few weeks I'd be really surprised. Our qb's just don't stand a chance if we stand pat.

This....I'm hoping he has something up his sleeve.. to at least get us through this season

salame
09-02-2009, 11:37 PM
there aren't very many decent lineman available

WildTurkey
09-02-2009, 11:38 PM
there aren't very many decent lineman available

sadly they don't even have to be decent to be better than what we have on the right side

Silock
09-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Surely there are bodies available that are better than what we have.

tonyetony
09-02-2009, 11:46 PM
Surely there are bodies available that are better than what we have.

We know for sure there will be some available next week.:thumb:

booger
09-02-2009, 11:57 PM
could be wrong but i thought i read up(can't remember where, maybe on this bb) that people are staying away from him because he wants too much money, is labled as lazy/poor work ethic, weighs around 350 currently, and also factor in alot of these guys with issues, be it injuries or whatever that are vets will be brought in the monday or that week after the first game. If they are on the roster opening day they get their salaries guaranteed. That's just the vets though.

Also why you have to wonder about guys like Z. Thomas, Goff, and McNsack. To a lesser degree Engram because of his role as a slot WR.

But yeah soon guys like Jones, Runyan, Tauscher, etc will start taking visits. I read that former Steelers G 1st rd pick Kendall Simmons worked out for the Pats today. He is only 30 or 31 but coming off an achilles tear but cleared to play as is Runyan.

Just Passin' By
09-03-2009, 12:52 AM
For all those here that are clamoring for the team to take a flyer on one of a number of extremely damaged players, I suggest you look at the CBA and focus on the difference between having a veteran on the team for the start of the season and signing the veteran after week one.

Titty Meat
09-03-2009, 01:09 AM

haha look at the beat down little bitch, keep stomping your feet maybe someone will give you a cookie.

Titty Meat
09-03-2009, 01:10 AM
Some people have lots of problems and will say and do things on a board knowing they're safe at home. I promise you he wouldn't say anything remotely close to me in person. He has pretty circular thinking really, strange.

Actually I would cuz i'm a honest person so what?

TFG
09-03-2009, 05:02 AM
Ray Willis is young enough to have contributed here for 4-5 years.
AND he was signed very reasonably. We dropped the ball.
He's one of the best young RT's in the league.
I SCREAMED about this guy all off-season.

You are completely insane. Ray Willis

SUKKS!!!!

TFG
09-03-2009, 05:03 AM

corecction levi jones

Ummmmmmm.... not his friggin

KNEE

TFG
09-03-2009, 05:07 AM
Thomas would be a BAND AID for one year. Jax has Mo Williams as a backup OT. They can part with Thomas and they want Thigpen. Since Thomas was a "mid dollar" UFA, Thig should be all that is needed to get him. Jax has a cheap owner suffering big time money problems too. He'd be happy not to pay millions in salary for a backup. And yeah, a TRADE lands the guy. Expecting Runyan or Simmons to come here as a UFA is like expecting the UN to move their HQs to KC. Get real. This is "do-able."

TFG
09-03-2009, 05:42 AM
According to what I can find, Thomas' 2009 salary is 2.3 mil. Thomas himself said when he signed that he thought he had 3-4 years left. He is from Florida (college: FLA ST), but he probably is not happy about sitting.

The real question is who else would want him. Philly. Their experiment with "Arkansan OTs" hasn't exactly panned out yet. SF - Marvel just retired. Seattle - is Walter finished??? Saints - Jamaal Brown's hernia??? Bears- anyone notice Dumervil blowing by Pace like he wasn't there? Colts - disaster at OLT right now Bengals - LOL!! Bills - LOL!!!

Just hope Jack (DUH) Del Rio really has a woody for Thiggy. Heck, Del Rio definitely has a fetish for TALL WRs and TEs. Toss in Cottam for good measure...

MahiMike
09-03-2009, 07:48 AM
Pashos will be cut before Tra Thomas.

MOhillbilly
09-03-2009, 08:07 AM
Herm proved that washed up RT aren't an improvement though. At this point its too late Pioli and Haley done ****ed up.

What the fuck did you expect in the 1st year? Your expectations of Jesus Pioli & Hitler Haley are way outta whack. Get a fuckin grip.

KcFanInGA
09-03-2009, 08:13 AM
I have full confidence that Haley and Pioli will not tolerate Oline suckage all year,
never fear.

TFG
09-03-2009, 08:26 AM
Pashos will be cut before Tra Thomas.

The Jags love Pashos. He does lots for the community. And he is now the starting ORG...

Mr. Krab
09-03-2009, 09:08 AM
I think Billay has replaced frazod as angriest poster on the cPlanet. Although i guess Dane is in the running too.

Delano
09-03-2009, 09:11 AM
I think Billay has replaced frazod as angriest poster on the cPlanet. Although i guess Dane is in the running too.

frazod started a change reaction. Dane, along with 'Hamas' have mastered the angry poster stereotype.

The funniest (or maybe most pathetic) 'angry' poster is DCS. His faux anger is entirely unconvicing. The angry suburbanite.

Mr. Krab
09-03-2009, 09:13 AM
frazod started a change reaction. Dane, along with 'Hamas' have mastered the angry poster stereotype.

The funniest (or maybe most pathetic) 'angry' poster is DCS. His faux anger is entirely unconvicing. The angry suburbanite.
Does this mean that i have officially entered the cPlanet Lexicon? :thumb:

DCS is now RoR now btw

Delano
09-03-2009, 09:20 AM
DCS is now RoR now btw

From the department of redundancy department,

I know DCS changed his name to Raised on Riots, but he's the same douche that was banned for being a douche. Until he changes, he's DCS to me.

MahiMike
09-03-2009, 09:25 AM
The Jags love Pashos. He does lots for the community. And he is now the starting ORG...

He's struggled all season and word on talk radio is that he's out.

Simply Red
09-03-2009, 11:01 AM
googlegoogle?

SAUTO
09-03-2009, 11:13 AM
He's struggled all season and word on talk radio is that he's out.

how dare you argue with the great tfg!!!

Bill Lundberg
09-03-2009, 01:37 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/03/pashos-on-the-trade-block/

Pashos on the trade block?

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 3, 2009 1:59 PM ET
With two days left before the NFL's mandatory cuts, Thursday is a logical day for general managers across the league to talk to each other about possible trades of players on the bubble.

According to NBCSports.com and PFT's Tom Curran, Jaguars offensive lineman Tony Pashos and Seahawks receiver Deion Branch are two of the players available.

PFT has written previously about Branch (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/02/could-deion-branch-get-a-salary-squeeze/), so his availabilty is not a surprise. Pashos is due $4.335 million, and NFL Network's Jason La Canfora writes that Pashos is not guaranteed to make the team (http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/09/02/wade-brown-pashos-among-those-to-watch-on-cut-day/) after moving inside to guard.

The Jaguars gave Pashos a $10 million signing bonus in 2007, but his play fell off last year. Any interested team would likely want to reduce his salary. The Ravens, where Pashos was drafted, could potentially be interested at the right price if they are looking for tackle depth.

Still, trades this late are difficult. Any team that is interested in Pashos knows that he may be available for "free" in a few days.

Tell me why we wouldn't pony up and acquire him in a trade before letting the rest of the league compete with us for his services?