PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So if you're Brodie Croyle and manage to fix Uncle Rico's time machine...

T-post Tom
09-03-2009, 01:51 PM
What historical Chiefs' o-line do you bring back with you for protection against the Ravens in the season opener? (Assuming that Croyle is starting.) The only stipulation here is that you can't mix and match: all 5 linemen have to have started at least one regular season game together. [Feel free to throw in the TE(s) if you want.]
http://uponfurtherreview.kansascity.com/?q=node/1252

SAUTO
09-03-2009, 01:53 PM
What historical Chiefs' o-line do you bring back to with you to protect you against the Ravens? (Assuming that Croyle is starting.) The only stipulation here is that you can't mix and match: all 5 linemen have to have started at least one regular season game together. [Feel free to throw in the TE(s) if you want.]

ROAF, WATERS, WIEGMANN, SHIELDS, TAIT, DUNN

RealSNR
09-03-2009, 01:55 PM
ROAF, WATERS, WIEGMANN, SHIELDS, TAIT, DUNNThis

loochy
09-03-2009, 01:57 PM
What historical Chiefs' o-line do you bring back to with you to protect you against the Ravens? (Assuming that Croyle is starting.) The only stipulation here is that you can't mix and match: all 5 linemen have to have started at least one regular season game together. [Feel free to throw in the TE(s) if you want.]

C Casey Wiegmann
G Brian Waters
G Will Shields
T John Tait
T Willie Roaf
TE Tony Gonzalez

FB Tony Richardson <-- Wasn't too shabby of a blocker

I include Gonzalez because his pass catching presence may help keep the safeties and linebackers honest. I think the other 5 guys can handle things well enough.

El Jefe
09-03-2009, 01:58 PM
This

THIS.

Pitt Gorilla
09-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Well, that was a short thread. I suppose, though, an argument could be made for Alt, Szott, Grunhard, Shields, and whomever (Sigler? Baldinger? I'm doing this from memory and can't recall the better tackle.)

Mr. Krab
09-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Well, that was a short thread. I suppose, though, an argument could be made for Alt, Szott, Grunhard, Shields, and whomever (Sigler? Baldinger? I'm doing this from memory and can't recall the better tackle.)
Could those power guys hand the pass happy offenses of today?

JOhn

This was actually my first thought. :thumb:

It was Baldinger

ChiefsOne
Zott needs to be in there.

T-post Tom
09-03-2009, 02:03 PM

I was just curious to see if any of the old-timers would have gone for the Alt era. He was a mainstay but didn't have Roaf's reputation nationally. And of course there were a few good linemen pre-Alt. Not sure we've got too many folks here that remember those years very well.

Basileus777
09-03-2009, 02:03 PM
2003, no question.

loochy
09-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Alt, Szott, Grunhard & Shields - sounds like a law firm.

Lumpy
09-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Szott needs to be in there.

FYP :thumb:

JOhn
09-03-2009, 02:07 PM
I was just curious to see if any of the old-timers would have gone for the Alt era. He was a mainstay but didn't have Roaf's reputation nationally. And of course there were a few good linemen pre-Alt. Not sure we've got too many folks here that remember those years very well.

Alt, Szott, Grunhard were animals and were ROCK SOLID! throw in a Young Shields with Baldinger and you have a line capabale of good pass blocking and terrorizing the run D.

You're right about Alt, he just never got the attention he deserved.:shake:

loochy
09-03-2009, 02:07 PM

Yeah, I was like 10 years old then. 10 year olds don't pay attention to offensive lines. They pay attention to people like Joe Montana, Marcus Allen, and Christian Okoye.

Pitt Gorilla
09-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Alt, Szott, Grunhard were animals and were ROCK SOLID! throw in a Young Shields with Baldinger and you have a line capabale of good pass blocking and terrorizing the run D.

You're right about Alt, he just never got the attention he deserved.:shake:Szott's stance was brutally bad, though.

JOhn
09-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I was like 10 years old then. 10 year olds don't pay attention to offensive lines. They pay attention to people like Joe Montana, Marcus Allen, and Christian Okoye.
No matter how good they were on their own, they will be the first to admit that success came from the O-Line

JOhn
09-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Szott's stance was brutally bad, though.

:spock:

Who cares what his stance was like, he got the job done. Hell He could line up in a tutu, heals and ass backwards, as long as he got the job done. :thumb:ROFL

bishop_74
09-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Although the O-Line of the early 90's was very good... no one... NO ONE was as good as what we had from 2002-2005. That line MANHANDLED anyone in their warpath.

T-post Tom
09-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Brodie could be a Pro-Bowler behind some of those lines.

Sofa King
09-03-2009, 02:12 PM

who?

loochy
09-03-2009, 02:14 PM
who?

Oh, just some local heros.

Coogs
09-03-2009, 02:22 PM
This O-line was a pretty good one...

Tryer, Budde, Rudnay, Moorman, Hill

Pitt Gorilla
09-03-2009, 02:23 PM
:spock:

Who cares what his stance was like, he got the job done. Hell He could line up in a tutu, heals and ass backwards, as long as he got the job done. :thumb:ROFLJust a comment. He was very good, but I wouldn't recommend emulating that style.

Skip Towne
09-03-2009, 02:29 PM
This O-line was a pretty good one...

Tryer, Budde, Rudnay, Moorman, Hill

Wasn't EJ Holub the center for that group? I'm not sure when Rudnay showed up but EJ played in the SB.

Skip Towne
09-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Yeah, 1970 was Rudnay's first year.

bringbackmarty
09-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Just a comment. He was very good, but I wouldn't recommend emulating that style.
Well his knees got him in the end from 365 lb Ted Washington landing on him. but he lasted 14 seasons. That position is great for taking a shit too. I wouldn't criticize his technique any dude, you don't know what you are talking about.

Demonpenz
09-03-2009, 03:12 PM
we still haven't replaced t rich

Coogs
09-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Wasn't EJ Holub the center for that group? I'm not sure when Rudnay showed up but EJ played in the SB.

Rudnay was injured during the Super Bowl season.

LaChapelle
09-03-2009, 03:37 PM
So if you're Brodie Croyle...boobies...and manage to....boobies...fix Uncle...boobies...Rico's...boobies...time...boobies..ma...boobies..ch...boobies..in...boobies..e..bo obies..boobies..

Rain Man
09-03-2009, 03:40 PM
We've had some strong ones, but you can't go with anything other than Roaf, Waters, Wiegman, Shields, Tait.