PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I like our defense

googlegoogle
09-03-2009, 10:25 PM
It's working.

No one's bitching about it. Just ignoring it.

Now we all bitch about the offensive line.:D

Simply Red
09-03-2009, 10:27 PM
awesome

MMXcalibur
09-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Granted, it's only preseason...but I've been pleasantly surprised. If we're going to win our 2-3 games this season, the D is certainly going to have to be leading the way.

Mecca
09-03-2009, 10:30 PM
You have to wait till real games start to determine if it's working or not.

Simply Red
09-03-2009, 10:32 PM

I do TOTALLY agree w. that.

bevischief
09-03-2009, 10:39 PM
I do TOTALLY agree w. that.

The finally 53 are not on the roster yet either...

DaWolf
09-03-2009, 10:44 PM
So far I'm really liking the Vrabel pickup...

googlegoogle
09-03-2009, 10:58 PM

Agreed but still did we look good in last season's preseason games defensively?

J Diddy
09-03-2009, 11:00 PM
The finally 53 are not on the roster yet either...

hopefully we get a rg and rt and center

DBOSHO
09-03-2009, 11:03 PM
09 chiefs d>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>08 chiefs d

Skyy God
09-04-2009, 12:53 AM
Gunther<a bag of penises

KCChiefsMan
09-04-2009, 01:19 AM
big improvement from last year. Morgon looked really good today too, he needs to start over Pollard.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2009, 01:57 AM
So far I'm really liking the Vrabel pickup...

Vrabel and Mays = Aces.

If the D has the stamina( and can maintain a high level of intensity and morale in the face of this offense )to go a full four, we're on our way to having a legitimate squad again.

I find it beyond ironic how so many people thought the defense was going to be the dog this year, and that the offense was headed to "unicorns and gumdrops"-land right off the bat via Haley and Cassel.

Time will tell.

salame
09-04-2009, 02:08 AM
they def look better than the offense

TinyEvel
09-04-2009, 02:41 AM
they def look better than the offense

Yes, they are less bad! :clap:

kysirsoze
09-04-2009, 02:44 AM
After this preseason, I am officially not getting my hopes up for the defense or offense. I just hope we win three games. Next season I might go as high as four. These things take time...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2009, 02:45 AM
Yes, they are less bad! :clap:

You just wait 'till Flowers gets back; ON LIKE DONKEY KONG, MOTHERFUCKERS!

http://www.cpcgamereviews.com/d/donkey_kong.png

XXXshogunXXX
09-04-2009, 02:49 AM
I also like your defense

kysirsoze
09-04-2009, 03:03 AM
I also like your defense

so's your face.:mad:

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2009, 03:09 AM
so's your face.:mad:

I still can't bring myself to hate a Sparkler just for Sparklers sake. I keep seeing that 1 win team with Seau standing out on the field trying to get the crowd pumped up by raising his lone arms in the air, and I just...giggle inside.

XXXshogunXXX
09-04-2009, 03:12 AM
I still can't bring myself to hate a Sparkler just for Sparklers sake. I keep seeing that 1 win team with Seau standing out on the field trying to get the crowd pumped up by raising his lone arms in the air, and I just...giggle inside.

I think I laugh in pity cuz you deny what you see in the present. Ever see both teams lately? I think gas was only 1.60 back then. I dont get giddy though, thats homo

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2009, 03:15 AM
I think I laugh in pity cuz you deny what you see in the present. Ever see both teams lately? I think gas was only 1.60 back then. I dont get giddy though, thats homo

Deny what? I see your crew for EXACTLY what they are; the 90's Chiefs.

Enjoy!

XXXshogunXXX
09-04-2009, 03:20 AM

Enjoy!

90s chiefs? hah....an old and shot Joe Montana vs Rivers...Okoye vs Tomlinson and sproles ...ehhhh. 90s chiefs had Marty quit on them, vice versa for the Chargers. Two ENTIRELY different teams on many different levels.

Just cuz your glory days were only the 90s, doesnt mean they compare. The Chargers also had their time in the 90s. Youve yet to see yours in this decade, other than then little blip in 03 thats not even worth mentioning.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2009, 03:23 AM
90s chiefs? hah....an old and shot Joe Montana vs Rivers...Okoye vs Tomlinson and sproles ...ehhhh. 90s chiefs had Marty quit on them, vice versa for the Chargers. Two ENTIRELY different teams on many different levels.

Just cuz your glory days were only the 90s, doesnt mean they compare. The Chargers also had their time in the 90s. Youve yet to see yours in this decade, other than then little blip in 03 thats not even worth mentioning.

http://www.slublog.com/archives/denial.jpg

MadMax
09-04-2009, 03:23 AM

Enjoy!

I am the 60-70's Chiefs, gas was .50$ a gallon and a pack of smokes was .40$ :) I was but a youngster full of hope, promise and bullshit. What the **** happened? The needle tears a hole, the old familiar sting. I have nothing bad to say about the Chiefs tonight, I am tired of being negative. Thanks for letting me vent.

kysirsoze
09-04-2009, 03:25 AM

Pretty sure he meant the Chargers are a great team that chokes it's dick of come playoff time... which they are...which the Chiefs were. Not the first time the comparison has been made. Thanks for the selective breakdown, though!

XXXshogunXXX
09-04-2009, 03:25 AM
http://www.slublog.com/archives/denial.jpg

clever, resident idiot I guess?

and to Add...you laughing at us over something that happened 9 years ago. Yet we've won the division 4 out of the past 5 yeras, and is ours for the taking again this year. Your team hasnt won playoff game since, 14, 15 years ago??? won the divison once this decade, 6 years ago.... I dont see why you're giggling

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2009, 03:33 AM
clever, resident idiot I guess?

and to Add...you laughing at us over something that happened 9 years ago. Yet we've won the division 4 out of the past 5 yeras, and is ours for the taking again this year. Your team hasnt won playoff game since, 14, 15 years ago??? won the divison once this decade, 6 years ago.... I dont see why you're giggling

Well, I could be giggling because your team will never have my respect.

Ever think of that?

XXXshogunXXX
09-04-2009, 03:36 AM
Well, I could be giggling because your team will never have my respect.

Ever think of that?
oh god, haha

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:8qP5u7NgUBnpYM:http://www.stevelambe.com/posts/Nerd.jpg

"your team will never have my respect, hee hee"

Rausch
09-04-2009, 03:37 AM
I am the 60-70's Chiefs, gas was .50$ a gallon and a pack of smokes was .40$ :) I was but a youngster full of hope, promise and bullshit. What the **** happened? The needle tears a hole, the old familiar sting. I have nothing bad to say about the Chiefs tonight, I am tired of being negative. Thanks for letting me vent.

I've posted countless times on this site and the mange, mostly intoxicated, and I doubt I've ever been as incomphrensible as you just were...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2009, 03:58 AM
oh god, haha

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:8qP5u7NgUBnpYM:http://www.stevelambe.com/posts/Nerd.jpg

"your team will never have my respect, hee hee"

You know, I now understand why people who support other teams in the AFC West come around here, I finally fuckin' get it.

Your fan bases are shit. Complete and utter shit. Un-dedicated, Un-educated in the history of your franchises, and a bunch of johnny come lately's to the concept of tradition. Especially yours, you Sparkler bitch.

The Chiefs win a Super Bowl in 1969, and the family is still stronger than ANY of you sorry fucking west coast and mountain queers. You sorry fucks.

So great you are, yet you get blacked out for preseason?! Don't you have enough fans to support this "great juggernaut" of yours? This great fucking San Diego world-beater so set to "rock the world"?

You and your ilk fucking suck. You're amateurs. And you're beneath my spit.

Now get the fuck out of my face before I dick-slap you back to the bath house.

XXXshogunXXX
09-04-2009, 04:09 AM
You know, I now understand why people who support other teams in the AFC West come around here, I finally ****in' get it.

Your fan bases are shit. Complete and utter shit. Un-dedicated, Un-educated in the history of your franchises, and a bunch of johnny come lately's to the concept of tradition. Especially yours, you Sparkler bitch.

The Chiefs win a Super Bowl in 1969, and the family is still stronger than ANY of you sorry ****ing west coast and mountain queers. You sorry ****s.

So great you are, yet you get blacked out for preseason?! Don't you have enough fans to support this "great juggernaut" of yours? This great ****ing San Diego world-beater so set to "rock the world"?

You and your ilk ****ing suck. You're amateurs. And you're beneath my spit.

Now get the **** out of my face before I dick-slap you back to the bath house.

why would you dick slap a guy, are you homo?

and 1969, haha, I wasnt even born, and if you were, then sorry gramps. Continue to live like a Raider fan.

I still find it funny that youre laughing at us when we're constantly winning the division and your team hasnt 1 won playoff game in 15 years. Im not laughing at you guys cuz I just dont care. but hold onto that thought you have from 9 years ago, apparently its all you have.

Danman
09-04-2009, 05:28 AM
This defense can TACKLE

KcFanInGA
09-04-2009, 08:44 AM

and 1969, haha, I wasnt even born, and if you were, then sorry gramps. Continue to live like a Raider fan.

I still find it funny that youre laughing at us when we're constantly winning the division and your team hasnt 1 won playoff game in 15 years. Im not laughing at you guys cuz I just dont care. but hold onto that thought you have from 9 years ago, apparently its all you have.

If you don't care, why post? And there is nothing homo about sexual assault on another man...it's all about power...if you like I can show you. Are you afraid? That turns me on even more.. Go back to watching LT and The Midget now.

Chiefnj2
09-04-2009, 09:00 AM
I see some flashes, but don't think they are as good as people seem to think.

Matt Schaub went 7 of 7 for 70 yards and one TD drive out of 2.
T. Jackson when 12 of 15 for over 200 yards and 2 TDs.

The starting D flashed a bit against the Seahawks, but gave up 1 TD and 2 missed field goals to their starting unit.

Demonpenz
09-04-2009, 09:37 AM
I love the 3-4 especially in the nfl where it seems that even if you are small you can torpedo and get underneth big guys with good technique. I think the 3 just gives better spacing for people like DJ to shoot through, and gives hali better angles to attack the qb.

bsp4444
09-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Man, John McGraw looked like an NFL safety last night. And the way Dujaun Morgan was flying around. The secondary should be solid. I'm not sure who is responsible for the short passing plays that extend drives...that's got to be corrected, but the running game has been shut down for the most part.

ChiefMojo
09-04-2009, 10:32 AM
I guess the fair thing to say is... is this defense good yet? Well no, but it is already a heck of a lot better than last season. We haven't even reached regular season, but if it is already better than last season, that says something right there about how bad we were last year.

wild1
09-04-2009, 10:33 AM
I like our offensive line...

...they're funny.

RealSNR
09-04-2009, 10:45 AM

I still find it funny that youre laughing at us when we're constantly winning the division and your team hasnt 1 won playoff game in 15 years. Im not laughing at you guys cuz I just dont care. but hold onto that thought you have from 9 years ago, apparently its all you have.I used to get in pissing matches with Bronco and Raider fans on the internet. Don't know why. I was young and naive then.

I never got into pissing matches with Charger fans though. In what isn't exactly the proudest division in the history of the NFL, the Chargers are by far the most sorry-ass team. No championships, gay uniforms, and a wimpy fan base. Too easy.

RedThat
09-04-2009, 10:54 AM
I see some flashes, but don't think they are as good as people seem to think.

Matt Schaub went 7 of 7 for 70 yards and one TD drive out of 2.
T. Jackson when 12 of 15 for over 200 yards and 2 TDs.

The starting D flashed a bit against the Seahawks, but gave up 1 TD and 2 missed field goals to their starting unit.

True. I think it's because alot of people overexaggerate.

keg in kc
09-04-2009, 11:07 AM
The first string defense has looked better to my eye. But there doesn't appear to be much in the way of depth.

It's very hard to get a read in the preseason, however. They're not really doing much in terms of scheming.

The most positive sign, statistically, is the rush defense. Last preseason they gave up 4.9 yards/carry. This year it was 3.3. But on the other hand they have up 7.3 yards per attempt at a 63.6% clip. Not good. Last year's numbers against the pass were 5.7 yards/attempt at 62.0%. And they had two more sacks in the '08 preseason.

But those are four quarter numbers, and like I said at the start, I think the ones have played relatively well, especially with several starters out. I'm interested to see what they look like at full speed for four quarters with actual gameplanning.

I'm also curious to see how much good the conditioning has done for play in the second half.

I think there's a chance they're better than people expect. But it's hard to tell based on scrimmages. The most troubling thing to me is the way they seem to play well for several series and then give up a long drive, then play well again.

RedThat
09-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Im still convinced this defense has a lot of holes.

I think the NT position is evident that that position needs to be addressed. Dorsey is still questionable even though he is going from a transition from DT in a 4-3 to DE in a 3-4.

Im not exactly sure about the Dline. The LBers look to be pretty good. But, the passrush is still a problem imo. Thats gonna need to improve. And the safeties are questionable. Pollard takes too many bad angles, misses tackles, and poor in coverage. Morgan even though he had a good game is still questionable. Although, I think he does deserve playing time and I don't think it'd hurt to play him over Pollard. I don't see any loss there. Whats the worst that can happen? He sucks? Ok. but, he could be Pollard part 2 or a poor mans Ed Reed.

the cornerbacks look to be legit. I think Donald Washington will be a good one. Love his athleticism.

Coogs
09-04-2009, 11:20 AM
The first string defense has looked better to my eye. But there doesn't appear to be much in the way of depth.

It's very hard to get a read in the preseason, however. They're not really doing much in terms of scheming.

The most positive sign, statistically, is the rush defense. Last preseason they gave up 4.9 yards/carry. This year it was 3.3. But on the other hand they have up 7.3 yards per attempt at a 63.6% clip. Not good. Last year's numbers against the pass were 5.7 yards/attempt at 62.0%. And they had two more sacks in the '08 preseason.

But those are four quarter numbers, and like I said at the start, I think the ones have played relatively well, especially with several starters out. I'm interested to see what they look like at full speed for four quarters with actual gameplanning.

I'm also curious to see how much good the conditioning has done for play in the second half.

I think there's a chance they're better than people expect. But it's hard to tell based on scrimmages. The most troubling thing to me is the way they seem to play well for several series and then give up a long drive, then play well again.

Good post. I also am encouraged by the fact we didn't give up huge plays with the ones. The dicipline of the individual players on tackling... and in the scheme seem to be much improved. Guys staying home on mis-direction and so forth has been a sight to behold around here. I am very anxious to see what happens when we start mixing in a game plan with the first unit.

And,IMO, there appears to be much more depth on the defensive side of the ball than on the offense. Secondary depth looks pretty good at all positions. Starting LB's look good, and Beisel off the bench. Possibly Belcher as well. Front line has a little depth as well with Mcgee anyway and possibly the Tyler/Edwards loser for the starting spot. Maybe not great depth, but some at least.

Dave Lane
09-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Gunther<a bag of penises

I'll raise you a Herm...

StcChief
09-04-2009, 11:39 AM
I like our offensive line...

...they're funny. and being another laughing stock keeps the rest of the NFL entertained.... our team's new role NFL Court Jester.
...:eek::):deevee::D:banghead::banghead::banghead:

wild1
09-04-2009, 11:40 AM
I didn't even know there were Charger fans.

salame
09-04-2009, 11:45 AM
dajuan morgan does look good

keg in kc
09-04-2009, 12:17 PM
I didn't even know there were Charger fans.There can be only one.

ILikeBigTiddys
09-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Where did this Mays come from. I've been pretty impressed with him so far

salame
09-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Where did this Mays come from. I've been pretty impressed with him so far

cincinatti and new england

Chief Faithful
09-04-2009, 12:27 PM
big improvement from last year. Morgon looked really good today too, he needs to start over Pollard.

Woah! Nobody has improved more in the preseason than Morgan, but no way is he ready to top the depth chart.

Chief Faithful
09-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Gunther, DV & Herm used to preach that the defense needs to tackle better and players need to stay disciplined in their assignments. This is the first time since Marty we are seeing the talk turned into play on the field. This defense is fast and can tackle.

Titty Meat
09-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Dajuan Morgan looked good! So did Danny Woodhead. Morgan shuldn't even be on the team what game were you watching? Morgan gave up a touchdown luckily the Rams WR dropped the ball.

SAUTO
09-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Dajuan Morgan looked good! So did Danny Woodhead. Morgan shuldn't even be on the team what game were you watching? Morgan gave up a touchdown luckily the Rams WR dropped the ball.

damn billay, do you watch the games or just sit there with your thumb in your ass? morgan played well last night.

and how do you give up a TD when the WR dropped the ball? did they score on the play or not?

Titty Meat
09-04-2009, 12:44 PM
damn billay, do you watch the games or just sit there with your thumb in your ass? morgan played well last night.

and how do you give up a TD when the WR dropped the ball? did they score on the play or not?

Awesome he played good aginst the Rams 3rd string. Heres some news during the season there won't be competition like that. Maybe Morgan can get outran by Lendale White again.

SAUTO
09-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Awesome he played good aginst the Rams 3rd string. Heres some news during the season there won't be competition like that. Maybe Morgan can get outran by Lendale White again.

you dont make much sense. if a guy out plays the third string that would make him a good back up candidate. you say he shouldnt be on the team

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2009, 01:47 PM

Morgan, like Williams, has been afflicted by the inconsistency bug. If he improves, he's better than the other two options hands-down.

doomy3
09-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Morgan definitely had some flashes last night. He made a few really awesome plays, but also completely got beat for what should have been a touchdown and got run over by the Rams' 3rd string RB.

The kid's got talent, but he has to be more consistent. The inconsistency is the thing that drives everyone crazy about Pollard too. He'll make a couple great plays, and then do something completely stupid.

DaneMcCloud
09-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Morgan definitely had some flashes last night. He made a few really awesome plays, but also completely got beat for what should have been a touchdown and got run over by the Rams' 3rd string RB.

The kid's got talent, but he has to be more consistent. The inconsistency is the thing that drives everyone crazy about Pollard too. He'll make a couple great plays, and then do something completely stupid.

Morgan just hasn't played enough football. Hopefully, the Chiefs keep him around and help him to improve.

I'd hate to see him let go and have success elsewhere.

Tiger's Fan
09-04-2009, 02:12 PM

I know it's not n00b of the year, but can I nominate someone for stupidest poster of the year?

BTW, I believe it was Eric Price who was burned on that play. And no, he shouldn't be on the team.

doomy3
09-04-2009, 02:15 PM
I know it's not n00b of the year, but can I nominate someone for stupidest poster of the year?

BTW, I believe it was Eric Price who was burned on that play. And no, he shouldn't be on the team.

No, that was a cover two, and that was Morgan's responsibility. He was just late getting there. Price had flats to mid and let his man go thinking Morgan would be there.

We have seen Pollard do that a few times, and he gets completely torn apart on this board.

SAUTO
09-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Morgan just hasn't played enough football. Hopefully, the Chiefs keep him around and help him to improve.

I'd hate to see him let go and have success elsewhere.

that was pretty much my whole point

chiefzilla1501
09-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Keep in mind that the Chiefs are throwing everything and the kitchen sink at opposing offenses.

It reminds me of when Gun first got here. He blitzed the daylights out of teams and we drank the kool-aid. Innovative defenses always work in the preseason because everyone's going vanilla on offense.

I think it'll be a rough year for our defense. Not trying to be negative. I'm fine with a lousy season because I think the defense is on the right track. The offense, on the other hand....

Halfcan
09-04-2009, 02:43 PM

yep its been pretty Vanilla

googlegoogle
09-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Keep in mind that the Chiefs are throwing everything and the kitchen sink at opposing offenses.

It reminds me of when Gun first got here. He blitzed the daylights out of teams and we drank the kool-aid. Innovative defenses always work in the preseason because everyone's going vanilla on offense.

I think it'll be a rough year for our defense. Not trying to be negative. I'm fine with a lousy season because I think the defense is on the right track. The offense, on the other hand....

How are we throwing the kitchen sink?:spock:

keg in kc
09-04-2009, 04:36 PM

It reminds me of when Gun first got here. He blitzed the daylights out of teams and we drank the kool-aid. Innovative defenses always work in the preseason because everyone's going vanilla on offense. Innovative? They didn't do anything innovative on defense in the preseason. They were as base vanilla as everybody else. They blitzed a little, but most of the pressure they got came from down 3 and OLB/predator.

chiefzilla1501
09-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Innovative? They didn't do anything innovative on defense in the preseason. They were as base vanilla as everybody else. They blitzed a little, but most of the pressure they got came from down 3 and OLB/predator.

I haven't seen the games, just highlights. But based on the highlights, it doesn't look vanillla at all. On almost every play, they seem to be using different pass rushers. Especially opposite the predator. It seems like they send a bunch of guys on the line, and disguise who will drop back in coverafe and who will rush the passer.

I usually three three hands on the ground and at least five people going after the qb. That doesn't sound very vanilla to me. But again, I'm going off pretty limited video.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo
09-04-2009, 05:45 PM

Enjoy!

Yeah, but with one huge exception - they have Norv as head coach. Norv fucking sucks shit through a straw. He couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. They had Super Bowl level talent last season, and they went 8-8.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Yeah, but with one huge exception - they have Norv as head coach. Norv fucking sucks shit through a straw. He couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. They had Super Bowl level talent last season, and they went 8-8.

But...but...LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni
09-04-2009, 05:50 PM
I haven't seen the games, just highlights. But based on the highlights, it doesn't look vanillla at all. On almost every play, they seem to be using different pass rushers. Especially opposite the predator. It seems like they send a bunch of guys on the line, and disguise who will drop back in coverafe and who will rush the passer.

I usually three three hands on the ground and at least five people going after the qb. That doesn't sound very vanilla to me. But again, I'm going off pretty limited video.
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO There is your problem

Saccopoo
09-04-2009, 05:50 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

That's just what happens in a 3-4. More often than not, they'll be showing blitz from a number of different positions and some might, some might drop back into coverage, etc. Unlike a 4-3, where you expect your down linemen to penetrate, the front guys in a 3-4 are taking on blockers so that the LB's and blitzers are freed up to make plays.

They've been pretty vanilla so far.

wasi
09-04-2009, 06:02 PM
To me it has looked pretty base or vanilla as well.
The majority of the time it has been good play by Hali and Vrabel collapsing from the outside from a base 3-4. Not much up the middle except when they line up 2 downlinemen and bring one of the ILBs and a safety. Even then this is the same blitz game in game out where Mays has gotten to the QB twice (Favre and Boller).

The only really "innovative" looking play that I can recall was the play against the Vikings where IIRC the Chiefs had one downlineman and everyone else standing and crowding the line. Page and Mays crossed right before the snap and Page brought down AP for a short loss.

listopencil
09-04-2009, 06:47 PM
I like our defense

So do I, because our Offense has looked a bit weak.

chiefzilla1501
09-05-2009, 07:36 AM
That's just what happens in a 3-4. More often than not, they'll be showing blitz from a number of different positions and some might, some might drop back into coverage, etc. Unlike a 4-3, where you expect your down linemen to penetrate, the front guys in a 3-4 are taking on blockers so that the LB's and blitzers are freed up to make plays.

In a 3-4, the goal is to have 5 different guys who could potentially rush the passer. That would be your three D-linemen, Hali (the predator), and Vrabel. I watched a replay of the Rams/Chiefs' game. You can all watch it again too if you like. The only time the Chiefs got pressure was when they blitzed. And they did it quite a bit. When you see guys like Mays and Brown blitzing the QB, that is a blitz because you're sending guys that aren't traditional pass rushers. I'm sure the defense isn't close to showing their full hand, but they've been anything but vanilla. They've been really successful on really aggressive plays against a vanilla offense. On plays where they've played a vanilla pass rush, they've looked so-so.

What I was impressed with, though, was that they did a stout job against the run. Played very disciplined--something we haven't seen for a few years.

milkman
09-05-2009, 07:57 AM

Why are we even debating this with a dumbass that admits that he has only seen some highlights.

How fucking stupid is it to make broad observations from a a couple of highlight clips?

JFC, it's that kind of stupidity that makes me fucking crazy.

chiefzilla1501
09-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Why are we even debating this with a dumbass that admits that he has only seen some highlights.

How ****ing stupid is it to make broad observations from a a couple of highlight clips?

JFC, it's that kind of stupidity that makes me ****ing crazy.

I've had a chance to watch the Rams game. The defense was largely vanilla in the second half. The defense in the first half was aggressive for a preseason game. And on almost all plays where we got good pressure on the QB, we sent an extra rusher in there.

People here are suggesting that the Chiefs haven't blitzed and yet they can't explain why the safeties and MLBs are very often blitzing the QB or why we are pretty regularly sending at least 5 people in. Of course they haven't opened the playbook. But is it really a great play when you sack the QB for a loss on a play where you send the MLB and safety on a blitz? How many plays can you recall where we put pressure on Boller or Berlin where we only sent 4 guys in with no blitzers?

I'm just curious about what everyone's definition of vanilla is. I agree that we haven't completely opened up the playbook, but that doesn't mean we haven't been very aggressive.

Red Dawg
09-05-2009, 11:26 AM
I have to agree. The defense has been good. It's easy to see they are in better shape and definitely won't quit hustling

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2009, 11:31 AM
I have to agree. The defense has been good. It's easy to see they are in better shape and definitely won't quit hustling

The defense has sucked ass. They "appear" to be better than last year's defense, but when you're 31st, it's easy to look better.

Seriously, I don't know what you guys are seeing.

Houston's Matt Schaub was 7/7 and drove up and down the field against the Chiefs.

Tavares Jackson had 204 yards passing and 2 TD's in less than 2 quarters.

The Rams of all teams moved the ball against the Chiefs, without Bulger and Steven Jackson.

They're not giving up the HUGE play, but they're getting pushed all over the field. They have a LONG, LONG way to go before they can be considered "good".

rambleonthruthefog
09-05-2009, 11:36 AM
The defense has sucked ass.

I don't know what you guys are watching.

Houston's Matt Schaub was 7/7 and drove up and down the field against the Chiefs.

Tavares Jackson had 204 yards passing and 2 TD's in less than 2 quarters.

The Rams of all teams moved the ball against the Chiefs, without Bulger and Steven Jackson.

They're not giving up the HUGE play, but they're getting pushed all over the field. They have a LONG, LONG way to go before they can be considered "good".

i hate toagree with dane, but i'm leaning a little more on this side. have they shown some flashes, yes, but all in all they are still getting beat plenty, losing on 3rd down, giving up the big play and missing tackles. the Dline looks better, but it was gonna be hard not to.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-05-2009, 04:33 PM
We just fucking suck. Let's quit.