PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Trying to trade Pollard? from NFP

Pages : [1] 2

booger
09-04-2009, 05:03 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Biggs-Chiefs-exploring-trade-options-with-Pollard.html

Biggs: Chiefs exploring trade options with Pollard

Move would create opening for Mike Brown in lineup

Brad Biggs

September 04, 2009, 06:55 PM EST

The Kansas City Chiefs are exploring options to trade strong safety Bernard Pollard, a move that would create an opening for veteran Mike Brown to move into the starting lineup, sources said.

The 24-year-old Pollard, a fourth-year pro from Purdue, has made 31 starts the last two seasons. He had 98 tackles and one interception last season. But Brown was signed in late June to push both Pollard and free safety Jarrad Page.

“The defensive backfield as a whole, I think, there’s excellent competition,’’ Haley said late last month when asked if Brown had pushed Pollard for the job. “I don’t think there’s anybody who feels real comfortable. Mike’s one of the reasons for that but I think that’s the way it is across the board there. Those guys know there is somebody right behind them that could be playing just as well as them. That’s how you get your team good.”

Brown spent the last nine seasons with the Chicago Bears but has been injury plagued since 2004. He held it together to start 15 games last season, but had to leave three games early down the stretch with a recurring calf muscle pull and finally missed the finale. He is an instinctive player and made 101 tackles last season, the third-highest total in his career.

booger
09-04-2009, 05:04 PM
earlier in the week, Lombardi said rumor was DET and CLE looking for a S.

Obviously DET is out now but maybe the browns.

booger
09-04-2009, 05:05 PM
for eric Steinbach to play RT?

-King-
09-04-2009, 05:06 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Biggs-Chiefs-exploring-trade-options-with-Pollard.html

Biggs: Chiefs exploring trade options with Pollard

Move would create opening for Mike Brown in lineup

Brad Biggs

September 04, 2009, 06:55 PM EST

The Kansas City Chiefs are exploring options to trade strong safety Bernard Pollard, a move that would create an opening for veteran Mike Brown to move into the starting lineup, sources said.

The 24-year-old Pollard, a fourth-year pro from Purdue, has made 31 starts the last two seasons. He had 98 tackles and one interception last season. But Brown was signed in late June to push both Pollard and free safety Jarrad Page.

“The defensive backfield as a whole, I think, there’s excellent competition,’’ Haley said late last month when asked if Brown had pushed Pollard for the job. “I don’t think there’s anybody who feels real comfortable. Mike’s one of the reasons for that but I think that’s the way it is across the board there. Those guys know there is somebody right behind them that could be playing just as well as them. That’s how you get your team good.”

Brown spent the last nine seasons with the Chicago Bears but has been injury plagued since 2004. He held it together to start 15 games last season, but had to leave three games early down the stretch with a recurring calf muscle pull and finally missed the finale. He is an instinctive player and made 101 tackles last season, the third-highest total in his career.

101 tackles?

kstater
09-04-2009, 05:06 PM
I'm sure the Chiefs brass are exploring options to trade every player not named Cassel Albert, or T. Jackson. Whether there's any interest is another story.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Fuck that!

I like Pollard.

This would not be smart!

DaneMcCloud
09-04-2009, 05:09 PM
101 tackles?

NFL.com says 98

DaneMcCloud
Fuck that!

I like Pollard.

This would not be smart!

Pollard sucks ass

KCUnited
Strong Safety seems like a loose definition.

Kyle DeLexus
09-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Wonder if this is true does that mean it's a good indication we would be going after Mays or Berry in the draft? If so I'm all for it.

OnTheWarpath15
09-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Aaron Francisco was just cut in Arizona.

He'd be an upgrade, IMO.

DaneMcCloud
09-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Wonder if this is true does that mean it's a good indication we would be going after Mays or Berry in the draft? If so I'm all for it.

Dude, it's way too early for that type of speculation

Mecca
09-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Fuck that!

I like Pollard.

This would not be smart!

This just lets us know how much he sucks.

Titty Meat
09-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Holla at your boy

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Pollard sucks ass

I'll bet you wouldn,t tell him that !

DBOSHO
09-04-2009, 05:13 PM

Going after a safety with the first rd pick when our oline is garbage and noone behind bowe would be dumb

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-04-2009, 05:14 PM
This just lets us know how much he sucks.

If he sucked so god damn bad he wouldn't be trade bait.

He'd be cut, dumbass!

Mecca
09-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Going after a safety with the first rd pick when our oline is garbage and noone behind bowe would be dumb

Whoa Whoa Whoa....you do not scoff at a safety if he's the best prospect.

DrRyan
09-04-2009, 05:15 PM

How many times does it need to be said that you can put together a very good O line without spending first round picks at every position? WR maybe, but drafting an O linemen in the first next season(especially where the Chiefs are likely to be drafting) is nuts.

veist
Pollard sucks ass

I mean its not like he goes out and gets debacled on _every_ play just way too many.

Titty Meat
Aaron Francisco was just cut in Arizona.

He'd be an upgrade, IMO.

The dude who lost Arizona the super bowl? No thanks.

DBOSHO
09-04-2009, 05:16 PM
Whoa Whoa Whoa....you do not scoff at a safety if he's the best prospect.

unless he can Block and play wide reciever at the same time i just dont think it would be a good idea. we will most likely be picking in the top 3 again. has anyone ever picked a safety that high?

OnTheWarpath15
09-04-2009, 05:17 PM

Wow, you're a bigger fucking retard than I thought.

Yeah, the guy that was beat by an almost indefensible pass.

Fuck him, he should be working as a fry cook somewhere after that.

Mecca
unless he can Block and play wide reciever at the same time i just dont think it would be a good idea. we will most likely be picking in the top 3 again. has anyone ever picked a safety that high?

Sean Taylor went I believe 5th...

You don't scoff at a super high level prospect just because. I don't like next years WR prospects atleast not in the top 10 and there is no fucking way they should be taking an OT that high.

DrRyan

I don't know how you can really say the Super Bowl was lost. That was just a phenomenal catch by Holmes. Holmes WON the Super Bowl with that catch. DRC was just as much if not more to blame too.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-04-2009, 05:18 PM
How many times does it need to be said that you can put together a very good O line without spending first round picks at every position? WR maybe, but drafting an O linemen in the first next season(especially where the Chiefs are likely to be drafting) is nuts.

Yeah!

It'd be stupid to have a Jake Long or a Eugene Monroe on your line.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 05:19 PM
I have never seen a fan base overrate OL like this one does, you'd think you need 5 first round HOF level lineman to stand a chance.

DeezNutz
09-04-2009, 05:19 PM
I'll bet you wouldn,t tell him that !

Why not?

Pollard would whiff anyway.

Titty Meat
09-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Wow, you're a bigger ****ing retard than I thought.

**** him, he should be working as a fry cook somewhere after that.

No moron, I'm talking about when Holmes caught a 10 yard pass and went 60 yards cuz of Fransicos dumbassery.

veist
09-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Why not?

Pollard would whiff anyway.

Or just fall down, I mean even if he hits you he'll have taken a bad angle and barely get one hand on you.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-04-2009, 05:21 PM
I have never seen a fan base overrate OL like this one does, you'd think you need 5 first round HOF level lineman to stand a chance.

Tha's ridiculous, four would do!

Kyle DeLexus
09-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Dude, it's way too early for that type of speculationThat was poorly worded. I'm not saying the Chiefs would be doing this move to get one of those two but was thinking it WOULD increase our chances since we would be going from a 24 year old starter to a 31 year old starter with a history of injury...it would become a position that would need upgrading after the season IMO.

DBOSHO
Sean Taylor went I believe 5th...

You don't scoff at a super high level prospect just because. I don't like next years WR prospects atleast not in the top 10 and there is no ****ing way they should be taking an OT that high.

im not scoffing at him im sure he could be of great help to us i just think there are bigger needs.

ol
wr
nt
ss

in that order

pollard routinely looks like an idiot though

DrRyan
Yeah!

It'd be stupid to have a Jake Long or a Eugene Monroe on your line.

You just don't get it do you? You do not spend a first round pick on a guy to play RT! :banghead: Especially when you have two second round picks.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-04-2009, 05:23 PM
If Haley's trying to trade Pollard ,it's just because he's spending too much time on the planet listening to you guys.

First everyone demand McIntosh be cut ,

Titty Meat
09-04-2009, 05:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zFhsE8EEvM

6:08

Tiger's Fan
09-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Wow, you're a bigger ****ing retard than I thought.

**** him, he should be working as a fry cook somewhere after that.

I'm pretty sure billay was a player. Concussions yanno.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-04-2009, 05:25 PM
You just don't get it do you? You do not spend a first round pick on a guy to play RT! :banghead: Especially when you have two second round picks.

Then don't bitch when our third string QB ends up being the only QB left that was't carried off on a stretcher during the first quarter against Baltimore!

Titty Meat
09-04-2009, 05:25 PM
I'm pretty sure billay was a player. Concussions yanno.

I'm pretty sure you were dropped on your head as a child.

OnTheWarpath15
09-04-2009, 05:26 PM
No moron, I'm talking about when Holmes caught a 10 yard pass and went 60 yards cuz of Fransicos dumbassery.

Speaking of dumbassery, that's quite a play, considering Holmes' longest reception for the game was 40 yards.

Tiger's Fan
09-04-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm pretty sure you were dropped on your head as a child.

I was, but I'm a BAMF so it didn't even hurt!

-King-
09-04-2009, 05:27 PM
NFL.com says 98

They're talking about Mike Brown there. And he had 73.

DrRyan
09-04-2009, 05:28 PM

I get it, he slipped on that play, now he is worthless. Excellent breakdown billay!

The Franchise
09-04-2009, 05:29 PM

Dude made one bad play on the big stage and all of a sudden he's fucking horrible. Your and idiot.

Titty Meat
09-04-2009, 05:29 PM
I get it, he slipped on that play, now he is worthless. Excellent breakdown billay!

Your right he just slipped thats all! He's so good the Cardinals cut him. Hows that for logic?

Titty Meat
09-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Speaking of dumbassery, that's quite a play, considering Holmes' longest reception for the game was 40 yards.

You always come on here all angry.

Titty Meat
09-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Dude made one bad play on the big stage and all of a sudden he's ****ing horrible. Your and idiot.

So he only made 1 bad play and Arizona whos a super bowl contender released him? Can you say teflon idiot.

The Franchise
09-04-2009, 05:33 PM
So he only made 1 bad play and Arizona whos a super bowl contender released him? Can you say teflon idiot.

Yep....everyone who's ever released from a team sucks and can never become good again. It's a fact. Thanks for setting me straight billay.

Titty Meat
09-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Yep....everyone who's ever released from a team sucks and can never become good again. It's a fact. Thanks for setting me straight billay.

You're a fucking moron.

DrRyan
09-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Your right he just slipped thats all! He's so good the Cardinals cut him. Hows that for logic?

You have heard of Adrian Wilson correct? Antrel Rolle beat him out for other safety spot, it happens. You are aware that many players being cut from other teams are better than the dregs we have in KC currently correct?

OnTheWarpath15
09-04-2009, 05:35 PM
You always come on here all angry.

Real classy talking about someone's wife.

Welcome to ignore, cockbag.

Titty Meat
09-04-2009, 05:36 PM
You have heard of Adrian Wilson correct? Antrel Rolle beat him out for other safety spot, it happens. You are aware that many players being cut from other teams are better than the dregs we have in KC currently correct?

Last time I checked you theres more then 2 players per position on a depth chart. And saying theres talent from other teams thats better than the Chiefs isn't saying much.

Titty Meat
09-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Real classy talking about someone's wife.

Welcome to ignore, cockbag.

Yes the ignore button. The mating call for butthurt.

OnTheWarpath15
09-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Detroit's out of the equation, if there ever was one.

They just traded for Ko Simpson of Buffalo.

Mecca's boy.

DaneMcCloud
09-04-2009, 05:38 PM

Mecca's boy.

"Do you know who I am? I'm worth millions!"

LMAO

Tiger's Fan
09-04-2009, 05:38 PM

Mecca's boy.

I just saw that.

Didn't know about Jay Alford though. Did that happen last night?

Titty Meat
09-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Did the Chiefs trade Thigpen yet?

OnTheWarpath15
09-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Yes the ignore button. The mating call for butthurt.

Says the guy who turned off his rep.

Later, fuckstick.

Titty Meat
09-04-2009, 05:40 PM

Later, ****stick.

Yea yea you can dish out out but you can't take it. Be a dick to me I'll be a dick to you. I turned off the rep to piss you off. Mission Accomplished.

booger
09-04-2009, 05:42 PM

Mecca's boy.

i mention Steinbach because Mangini Likes Rex Hadnot at LG better but he has been injured. Plus Steinbach is being paid like a starting T not G. Maybe C Hank Fraley and a late rd pick cause he is 32.

Otherwise maybe Carolina since Herm and Fox are former SDSU teamates and the former colts DC is now in CAR.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-04-2009, 05:42 PM

Later, fuckstick.

Is that what that little blue square means ?

booger
09-04-2009, 05:45 PM
if pollard is traded i don't think brown should be handed the job. Maybe this could really open Morgan's eyes that if he continues to get better he could get snaps on d and maybe even be the #1 SS at the end of the year.

Or they could move Page down to SS and start McGraw which is less likely.

DrRyan
09-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Last time I checked you theres more then 2 players per position on a depth chart. And saying theres talent from other teams thats better than the Chiefs isn't saying much.

Reading is not your strongest suit is it billay? The point I was trying to make(that obviously did not register with your vast intellect) was that Francisco is likely better than what the Chiefs currently have on the roster at the safety position, your injury prone boy Mike Brown included.

Titty Meat
09-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Reading not your strongest suit is it billay? The point I was trying to make(that obviously did not register with your vast intellect) was that Francisco is likely better than what the Chiefs currently have on the roster at the safety position, your injury prone boy Mike Brown included.

I disagree. Fransico wasn't even better than Matt Ware.

Mecca
LOL I did like Ko Simpson he's never really played to the level he showed in college, then he said something retarded.

What happened with Alford? He had a knee injury a couple weeks ago...

booger
Pollards missed tackles from the seattle game are a flat out embarrassment. Look on the goatse thread and the gifs as proof. Plus the film they had on him from last year and i think the gave him a clean slate and he blew it.

If they can't trade him i wouldn't mind keeping him as a backup for his special team skills and get back to his punt blocking form he had as a rook.

Titty Meat
09-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Wow the Bears released Marcus Freeman.

KCrockaholic
09-04-2009, 05:49 PM
The only thing I would not like about this is that Pollard is young. Hes the same age as some rookies in the league today. When your still that young, you still have plenty of room to grow and get better. Pollard may be very average now. But you never know what a player can turn into when they still have potential. Think, about it... Can you name me a SS in the league today that is the same age or younger than Pollard and has already proven to be better? I dont think so, for his age he still has a lot of room left to improve. I dont think this would be a good move to trade him, if anything put him at 2nd string.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Releasing a draft pick and Freeman was a good pick for that round....

booger
09-04-2009, 05:50 PM
on a side note the cards cut TE leonard Pope who could be our second or third te.

Cottam plays like a scarred puppy dog.

Tiger's Fan
09-04-2009, 05:50 PM
LOL I did like Ko Simpson he's never really played to the level he showed in college, then he said something retarded.

What happened with Alford? He had a knee injury a couple weeks ago...

Out for the season. Knee ligiments

Titty Meat
09-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Releasing a draft pick and Freeman was a good pick for that round....

Yea and Freeman was a good player in college not sure if he's a 3-4 player but worth a look. They also released Dominic Rioala. Once upon a time he was a good center and might be better then what the Chiefs have. Sign em'

Mecca
09-04-2009, 05:51 PM
The only thing I would not like about this is that Pollard is young. Hes the same age as some rookies in the league today. When your still that young, you still have plenty of room to grow and get better. Pollard may be very average now. But you never know what a player can turn into when they still have potential. Think, about it... Can you name me a SS in the league today that is the same age or younger than Pollard and has already proven to be better? I dont think so, for his age he still has a lot of room left to improve. I dont think this would be a good move to trade him, if anything put him at 2nd string.

LaRon Landry. I think Donte Whitner is the same age also.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Out for the season. Knee ligiments

Ah, I knew he tore something but it was like an MCL and something else not an ACL...I think they IR'd him just to save a roster spot and not lose him their DL depth is stupid good.

KCrockaholic
09-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Wow the Bears released Marcus Freeman.

The rook from Ohio State? Hmm, he did have pass rush ability in college. I guess hes just too short to play OLB in the NFL.

booger
09-04-2009, 05:54 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/397007

G Billy Yates from the pats. only 11 starts in 5 years in NE but they must like him as a backup or something to keep being brought back.

KCrockaholic
09-04-2009, 05:54 PM
LaRon Landry. I think Donte Whitner is the same age also.

I dont really know if you can say Whitner is better than Pollard yet. Maybe the same.

Landry is a Free Saftey dude.

booger
09-04-2009, 05:55 PM
I'd dump Beisel for Freeman

Titty Meat
09-04-2009, 05:56 PM
I'd dump Beisel for Freeman

I'd dump Thomas for Freeman

Mecca
09-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Here we go.

Landry is 24
Michael Griffin is 24
Reggie Nelson is 25
Brandon Merriweather is 25
Donte Whitner is 24
Kenny Phillips is 22

So I think that kind of shoots down the Pollard age thing seeing how good numerous of those guys are.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 05:57 PM
I dont really know if you can say Whitner is better than Pollard yet. Maybe the same.

Landry is a Free Saftey dude.

Um dude if you don't think Whitner is better than Pollard you are high...Whitner is one of the best safeties in the league.

And anymore it's not worth it to do FS and SS because guys interchange, Whitner plays both.

Just Passin' By
09-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Ah, I knew he tore something but it was like an MCL and something else not an ACL...I think they IR'd him just to save a roster spot and not lose him their DL depth is stupid good.

He had a torn ACL. He underwent surgery for it today.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/04/giants-lose-alford-for-the-season/

Mr. Krab
09-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Is there a complete list of cuts out anywhere?

Mecca
09-04-2009, 05:58 PM
He had a torn ACL. He underwent surgery for it today.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/04/giants-lose-alford-for-the-season/

Ah that wasn't the original report, guess they were holding out.

booger
09-04-2009, 06:00 PM
I'd dump Thomas for Freeman

i didn't think Thomas will make it anyway. Belcher makes it for special teams alone. Haley said he would keep 1 or 2 spots for coverage guys not just the K/P/LS.

KCrockaholic
09-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Here we go.

Landry is 24
Michael Griffin is 24
Reggie Nelson is 25
Brandon Merriweather is 25
Donte Whitner is 24
Kenny Phillips is 22

So I think that kind of shoots down the Pollard age thing seeing how good numerous of those guys are.

A lot of those guys you named are Free Safeties. Im lookin for Strong Safeties, which is what Pollard is.

CoMoChief
09-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Pollard is a poor mans Greg Wesley with far less ballhawking skills.

KCrockaholic
09-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Um dude if you don't think Whitner is better than Pollard you are high...Whitner is one of the best safeties in the league.

And anymore it's not worth it to do FS and SS because guys interchange, Whitner plays both.

I dont see how Whitner is one of the best safeties. Hes not shown much since hes been drafted. Hes got talent, I dont see it put on the field yet though.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 06:05 PM
I dont see how Whitner is one of the best safeties. Hes not shown much since hes been drafted. Hes got talent, I dont see it put on the field yet though.

Because he doesn't have giant pick numbers?

Whitner is an outstanding player.

Halfcan
09-04-2009, 06:05 PM
wasted pick

KCrockaholic
09-04-2009, 06:09 PM

Hes one of the best though? You put him with Polamalu, Sanders, Reed, Rhodes, Wilson?

I dont even think I would put him next to Meriweather yet.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 06:12 PM
He's better than Merriweather is...I mean it's obvious most people don't watch Bills games.

As good as Troy? No, he's better in coverage than Adrian but they are not the same kind of player, Adrian blitzes and plays at the line, Whitner is smaller with better cover ability and speed. Whitner could actually play CB if needed.

I think he's better than Rhodes too but no he's not better than Reed or Polamalu no one is. Reed is also playing FS now so you don't count him either eh?

And Bob Sanders can't stay on the field...

Just Passin' By
09-04-2009, 06:14 PM

Plenty of Buffalo Fans seem to have a somewhat different take,. Here are a few threads about Mr. Whitner:

http://boards.buffalobills.com/search.php?searchid=3713842

Mecca
09-04-2009, 06:15 PM
Plenty of Buffalo Fans seem to have a somewhat different take,. Here are a few threads about Mr. Whitner:

http://boards.buffalobills.com/search.php?searchid=3713842

Wow...that fan base is dumb.

Well they can trade him to us then.

T-post Tom
I'm sure the Chiefs brass are exploring options to trade every player not named Cassel Albert, Colquitt, Succop or T. Jackson. Whether there's any interest is another story.

FYP

Kyle DeLexus
He's better than Merriweather is...I mean it's obvious most people don't watch Bills games.

As good as Troy? No, he's better in coverage than Adrian but they are not the same kind of player, Adrian blitzes and plays at the line, Whitner is smaller with better cover ability and speed. Whitner could actually play CB if needed.

I think he's better than Rhodes too but no he's not better than Reed or Polamalu no one is. Reed is also playing FS now so you don't count him either eh?

And Bob Sanders can't stay on the field...

Rhodes is also a FS I believe.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 06:17 PM
I thought it was an accepted fact that Donte Whitner is pretty damn good, guess not.

KCrockaholic
09-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Wow...that fan base is dumb.

Well they can trade him to us then.

Well, hey, im not saying I would hate to have him on the team. Hes a great young talent. Hes still got room to grow like Pollard, but I think its a stretch to say hes one of the best, which is a small collective group. Would I trade Pollard for Whitner? Yes. I think he has more potential than Pollard. But I cant say he has already proven to be better. And that is the arguement right now.

KCrockaholic
09-04-2009, 06:22 PM
I thought it was an accepted fact that Donte Whitner is pretty damn good, guess not.

Well how good is good? Top half of the league at his position? Sure. Worth the #8 overall pick? Nope.

Mecca
He's better by a pretty significant degree....Pollard is a bottom tier safety.

Mecca
Well how good is good? Top half of the league at his position? Sure. Worth the #8 overall pick? Nope.

If you go back and look at that draft...at the time people panned that pick and called it a reach, today it looks like a good pick compared to the rest of the round.

BigMeatballDave
09-04-2009, 06:27 PM
unless he can Block and play wide reciever at the same time i just dont think it would be a good idea. we will most likely be picking in the top 3 again. has anyone ever picked a safety that high?You should follow a less complicated sport... like fishing...

KCrockaholic
If you go back and look at that draft...at the time people panned that pick and called it a reach, today it looks like a good pick compared to the rest of the round.

But if I take a safety #8 overall, I want Troy Polamalu production, or Darren Sharper atleast. Whitner is not a top 10 safety yet. I would expect more from a 3 year player.

Sweet Daddy Hate
if pollard is traded i don't think brown should be handed the job. Maybe this could really open Morgan's eyes that if he continues to get better he could get snaps on d and maybe even be the #1 SS at the end of the year.

Or they could move Page down to SS and start McGraw which is less likely.

I like this take. Brown is one down away from 'Zach Thomas'-land. We need players, not bike riders.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 06:29 PM
But if I take a safety #8 overall, I want Troy Polamalu production, or Darren Sharper atleast. Whitner is not a top 10 safety yet. I would expect more from a 3 year player.

Whitner is a really good player..he's not going to make pro bowls because of the safety grouping in the AFC and he's in Buffalo.

He may show more "stats" this year since they moved him over to FS to let him show his natural gifts a little more.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-04-2009, 06:30 PM
I like this take. Brown is one down away from 'Zach Thomas'-land. We need players, not bike riders.

LMAO Did Zach join the team so he could prepare to race in the Tour de France?

KCrockaholic
09-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Whitner is a really good player..he's not going to make pro bowls because of the safety grouping in the AFC and he's in Buffalo.

He may show more "stats" this year since they moved him over to FS to let him show his natural gifts a little more.

I agree with these statements. Maybe by the end of the year he ends up becoming a playmaker.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Pollards missed tackles from the seattle game are a flat out embarrassment. Look on the goatse thread and the gifs as proof.

POLLARD GOT GIF'D UP!

PIOLI SAW THAT SHIT AND SAID

DAMN!

C.E. WENDLER GIF'D THIS FOOL UP!

GET ME ON THE HORN WITH SOMEONE WHO'LL GIVE A 7TH FOR THIS BUM!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2009, 06:35 PM
LMAO Did Zach join the team so he could prepare to race in the Tour de France?

Don't laugh; I learned from Nick Athan a few minutes ago that Thomas just landed a sweet endorsement deal with Huffy.

Just Passin' By
09-04-2009, 06:36 PM

You're overrating what Whitner has been to this point in his career.

For the record, the 4 picks following Whitner were

Ernie Simms
Leinart
Cutler
Ngata

Mecca
09-04-2009, 06:37 PM
2/4, Ernie Sims was also overdrafted.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2009, 06:40 PM
This was prophesied months in advance:

http://i28.tinypic.com/2zejsjk.jpg

Mecca
09-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Actually just a moment is that when Gregg Williams was still their coach?

If so that explains why Ngata wasn't their pick, he got rid of Pat Williams cause "he was to fat" and didn't like "fat guys".

DrRyan
09-04-2009, 06:44 PM
This was prophesied months in advance:

http://i28.tinypic.com/2zejsjk.jpg

Isn't that kind of like saying Matt Shaub misses games, Brett Farve does not and our O line needs some help? Pretty likely and generally obvious statements.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Isn't that kind of like saying Matt Shaub misses games, Brett Farve does not and our O line needs some help? Pretty likely and generally obvious statements.

Oh hell, let him carry on. He's just setting himself up for the Greatest Massive Has-Been Running Back FAIL in the history of the NFL.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Oh hell, let him carry on. He's just setting himself up for the Greatest Massive Has-Been Running Back FAIL in the history of the NFL.

41-yard run

eclipsing Pollard's preseason in one play

suck it!

Kyle DeLexus
09-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Oh hell, let him carry on. He's just setting himself up for the Greatest Massive Has-Been Running Back FAIL in the history of the NFL.I actually think LJ will have a decent season. He should be well rested after the last 2 seasons and we should be running the ball a lot.

booger
09-04-2009, 07:26 PM
I don't know NE's safety situation but i wouldn't be suprised on them taking a flyer on BP because of his special teams ability, punt blocking especially.

CoMoChief
09-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Just watched some Priest Holmes highlights on Youtube.

god we used to run the ball at fucking will back then. Take MIN running game now and times that by3 and thats what we used to have.

We gave up a lot of points then.....but you would always know we could at least get back into games with our offense. Now we get down 10 its game over. Then we get down 10 we could tie the game in 5 min.

Just Passin' By
09-04-2009, 07:33 PM
I don't know NE's safety situation but i wouldn't be suprised on them taking a flyer on BP because of his special teams ability, punt blocking especially.

New England has Meriweather and Sanders starting, drafted Chung in the second round this season, and will probably have McGowan (former Bear) as the 3rd or 4th safety, depending on where he and Chung get slotted.

booger
09-04-2009, 07:35 PM
New England has Meriweather and Sanders starting, drafted Chung in the second round this season, and will probably have McGowan (former Bear) as the 3rd or 4th safety, depending on where he and Chung get slotted.

yep, forgot about chung.

BTW what do you think of the S/LB you guys cut in tank williams?

Mecca
09-04-2009, 07:36 PM
James Sanders is a pretty bland player, but hey credit for being able to have a good defense that starts him.

Tribal Warfare
09-04-2009, 07:36 PM

and I can't believe how you devalue the position, really man without it the offense is fucked

Mecca
09-04-2009, 07:37 PM
I want you to tell me how many high picks each team has spent on it's OL.

Tribal Warfare
09-04-2009, 07:42 PM
I want you to tell me how many high picks each team has spent on it's OL.

The proof is in the pudding for years outside of Albert have been hoping to get a diamond in the rough while real good commodities at OL have gone astray to other teams like Ryan Khalil. If one neglects the OL the resulting product is what KC is fielding now.

milkman
09-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Yea and Freeman was a good player in college not sure if he's a 3-4 player but worth a look. They also released Dominic Rioala. Once upon a time he was a good center and might be better then what the Chiefs have. Sign em'

Why would we want to take a look at these guys.

Our resident expert tells us it's not really a good idea to persue other team's castoffs.

Here, let give you his exact words.

And saying theres talent from other teams thats better than the Chiefs isn't saying much.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 07:44 PM
I will never figure out why people want to use so many 1st round picks on OL.

I can point out all the teams that don't that are fine.

Red Dawg
The Bonecrusher must stay!

Just Passin' By
yep, forgot about chung.

BTW what do you think of the S/LB you guys cut in tank williams?

Tank will hustle all day and all night. Unfortunately, his injuries have really taken a toll on him. Last year, the team was going to use him in a hybrid role, and he was looking good doing it, but he got hurt again. This year, he just didn't have enough to make the team.

booger
09-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Tank will hustle all day and all night. Unfortunately, his injuries have really taken a toll on him. Last year, the team was going to use him in a hybrid role, and he was looking good doing it, but he got hurt again. This year, he just didn't have enough to make the team.

cool thanks

ChiefsDJ56
09-04-2009, 07:48 PM
They're talking about Mike Brown there. And he had 73.

I thnk Pollard's high number of tackles is a direct reflection of how bad the overall defense was. Several of those tackles were probably on RBs which got past the D-line and Linebackers. Not really a good stat to have as a safety.

booger
09-04-2009, 07:49 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1109543

started and played in a grand total of 0 games

Dominic his brother who is a starter didn't get cut by the lions.

milkman
09-04-2009, 07:51 PM
The proof is in the pudding for years outside of Albert have been hoping to get a diamond in the rough while real good commodities at OL have gone astray to other teams like Ryan Khalil. If one neglects the OL the resulting product is what KC is fielding now.

Carl has done a shitty job of drafting O-Line propspects in the mid to later rounds.

Teams that actually know what to look for build O-Lines by taking players in the third round and later.

DrRyan
09-04-2009, 07:52 PM
I am all for drafting O line before round five, but IMO there is no need to continually spend first round picks on the O line, especially when we have the LT position taken care of. If you are a team with few holes, then taking a C or RT with a late first round pick makes sense. But, taking players like Britton, Unger and Loadholt in the second round makes a hell of a lot more sense than tying up ~$100 million in two O line positions when Albert's deal is up(had they drafted Monroe this year).

The previous regime failed miserably in the draft. There are countless busts that Carl, Dick, Herm et al drafted, which left the Chiefs with more holes than could possibly have been filled in one draft a FA signing period. Depending on where the Chiefs draft next year I would love to see them grab a pass rusher in the first round or Eric Berry is the slot fits and go O line with one or both second rounders.

booger
09-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Couple of Dolphin LB's to be aware of: Former chief Erik Walden who probably won't get cut played ILB last year after Carl, Herm, and co waived him. But he is at OLB for them now. he would upgrade our 4th OLB spot and help on special teams. Somewhat similar to Jovan Belcher.

also ILB and former chief William Kershaw looks good and making some big hits for them this preseason too.

carlos3652
09-04-2009, 07:59 PM
so does this rumor have any legs?

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-04-2009, 08:01 PM
He's better by a pretty significant degree....Pollard is a bottom tier safety.

With 98 tackles.

MMXcalibur
09-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Considering the shoddy play of Pollard, I can't say I'm all that surprised. If we're relying on Brown, we at least have some sort of backup plan with Morgan if (when?) Brown does go down.

The only bad thing about this news is that it gives GoChiefs more free reign on acting like an asshat.

Saccopoo
09-04-2009, 08:02 PM
2/4, Ernie Sims was also overdrafted.

Perhaps, but he's had a solid career so far with the Lions.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-04-2009, 08:04 PM
I am all for drafting O line before round five, but IMO there is no need to continually spend first round picks on the O line, especially when we have the LT position taken care of. If you are a team with few holes, then taking a C or RT with a late first round pick makes sense. But, taking players like Britton, Unger and Loadholt in the second round makes a hell of a lot more sense than tying up ~$100 million in two O line positions when Albert's deal is up(had they drafted Monroe this year).

The previous regime failed miserably in the draft. There are countless busts that Carl, Dick, Herm et al drafted, which left the Chiefs with more holes than could possibly have been filled in one draft a FA signing period. Depending on where the Chiefs draft next year I would love to see them grab a pass rusher in the first round or Eric Berry is the slot fits and go O line with one or both second rounders.

BOTH second rounders. We need that right side fixed. As long as its a revolving door the defenses are going to continually stack that side.

booger
09-04-2009, 08:05 PM
so does this rumor have any legs?

8. The Lions and Browns are looking for some safety help. Expect them to claim one this week.

this was from a article/blog on 8-30

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Sunday-at-the-Post-9802.html from Mike Lombardi NFP

It makes sense with both page and pollard sitting out to get looks at Brown and McGraw with the starters.

Whether or not anything happens who knows. I just mentioned the browns. The lions traded for S Ko Simpson. Maybe they are shopping him to someone else not mentioned yet.

Otherwise i havn't seen it posted or reported anywhere else.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-04-2009, 08:05 PM
The Bonecrusher must stay!

THIS !!!!!

Mecca
09-04-2009, 08:06 PM
With 98 tackles.

The quality of a player is not determined by his tackle stats.

booger
09-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Pollard has the talent............i swear that bastard closes his eyes when he goes for the big hit or even to tackle. No other explanation. He doesn't break up enough passes either and misses to much on blitzes.(aside from Brady last year)

To much of a liability to start. I would rather have him be a backup and play special teams to see how he reacts than cut him though.

I'm just at the point i hope they get a mid rd pick or a player that can contribute if a team wants to take him and take a chance on him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Considering the shoddy play of Pollard, I can't say I'm all that surprised. If we're relying on Brown, we at least have some sort of backup plan with Morgan if (when?) Brown does go down.

The only bad thing about this news is that it gives GoChiefs more free reign on acting like an asshat.

His day of reckoning approaches. Watching LJ run is to observe half-assed and QUIT in one nauseating package. 41 yards? Who gives a fuck. He was beaten on the way to the end zone by a team that shares our stellar 2008 record.
Didn't even TRY to bump the defender off of and make a play. It's like watching a plodding elephant with a nitrous tank sticking out of it's ass try to charge it's way to a touchdown.

It's sad really.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2009, 08:12 PM

Dear god, I'm having a vicious debate with a WPI poster about Pollard leading the team in tackles. :shake:

booger
09-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Herm and Gun thought he was the next John Lynch when they drafted him. He has turned out to be the next Darnell Bing or Larry Atkins.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Dear god, I'm having a vicious debate with a WPI poster about Pollard leading the team in tackles. :shake:

Mike Maslowski has the team tackle record that's all you need to know about tackle stats.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-04-2009, 08:20 PM

Not if they're a left tackle.

I guess the thing I really like about Pollard is he lays the wood when he hits and thats part of the reason he DOES wiff every couple of games. I'm sorry i really liked Greg Wesley when he came on too. I think the fear factor Pollard gives the receivers has to account for something.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-04-2009, 08:22 PM
His day of reckoning approaches. Watching LJ run is to observe half-assed and QUIT in one nauseating package. 41 yards? Who gives a fuck. He was beaten on the way to the end zone by a team that shares our stellar 2008 record.
Didn't even TRY to bump the defender off of and make a play. It's like watching a plodding elephant with a nitrous tank sticking out of it's ass try to charge it's way to a touchdown.

It's sad really.

He knew it was preseason and the offense needed practice in the red zone.

CoMoChief
09-04-2009, 08:23 PM
McGraw had a very good game yesterday from what I saw.....

But I'm still not that thrilled about him being a starter (if that's the case at all). There's just been too much suckage from his play that one or a couple games doesn't justify him being a starter.

Now if he continues to improve.....then on down the road maybe he can snag someone's spot as a starter if he continues to play well, but not now.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 08:25 PM
I don't care how hard a dude hits, if he misses half the time, blows tackles and sucks in coverage he's a liability.

TrickyNicky
09-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Yeah, pretty sure this is the whole Pioli "right player" spiel on display here. Honestly, if we can get any compensation for Pollard if he was going to be benched anyways, then its a win.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-04-2009, 08:29 PM
I don't care how hard a dude hits, if he misses half the time, blows tackles and sucks in coverage he's a liability.

He didn't miss 98 times. Maybe 10. But how many times did the receiver miss a pass because of the inevitable train wreck coming.

Saccopoo
09-04-2009, 08:37 PM
BOTH second rounders. We need that right side fixed. As long as its a revolving door the defenses are going to continually stack that side.

1. Carlos Dunlap, DE; UF
2. George Selvie, OLB; USF
2. Zane Beadles, OL; Utah
3. Joe Pawelek, LB; Baylor
4. John Jerry, OL; Ole Miss
5. Bryan Anderson, WR; CMU
6. Chris Hall, OL; Texas
7. Ike Ndukwe & Andy Alleman

If we can pick up another late 2nd round/early 3rd round pick, I want Dennis Pitta from BYU as well.

Saccopoo
09-04-2009, 08:39 PM

I just don't know why we don't switch over to a 46 to take advantage of Pollards skills. We are completely missing the boat on this IMHO.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Carlos Dunlap would be a waste in the Chiefs defense.

Saccopoo
09-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Carlos Dunlap would be a waste in the Chiefs defense.

Bite your tongue. I think he'd be a stellar RDE with Selvie standing next to him.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Bite your tongue. I think he'd be a stellar RDE with Selvie standing next to him.

He does not play that way, his weight says he could do it but it is not his game. He sheds blockers and gets in the backfield with speed and athletic talent.

Asking him to eat blockers would just be a total waste.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Funny that anyone thinks Pollard is striking fear into any receivers....

Likely when they watch film they just laugh at his missed tackles...

"OK so if you see 49, run at him...make a little move...easy yardage"

Saccopoo
09-04-2009, 08:51 PM
He does not play that way, his weight says he could do it but it is not his game. He sheds blockers and gets in the backfield with speed and athletic talent.

Asking him to eat blockers would just be a total waste.

Look, I know. But he's so freaking amazing from a physical standpoint it would be hard to let him go to another team. Dude is going to kill people on Sundays. Heck, pick him up to play the ROLB spot - the experiment with McBride is just painful to watch and Dunlap has the speed to ...

Okay. Fine.

Ndamukong Suh or Jermaine Gresham with the first pick then.

Unless we pick up Pitta in the 2/3 round. If we do, then Suh is the guy.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Funny that anyone thinks Pollard is striking fear into any receivers....

Likely when they watch film they just laugh at his missed tackles...

"OK so if you see 49, run at him...make a little move...easy yardage"

I predict he will have the most awesome year. Maybe even Defensive MVP.

You'll see!

Mecca
09-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Turk McBride better get cut...

DaneMcCloud
1. Carlos Dunlap, DE; UF
6. Chris Hall, OL; Texas

If we can pick up another late 2nd round/early 3rd round pick, I want Dennis Pitta from BYU as well.

Another DE? WTF? So the Chiefs spend the FIRST FOUR PICKS IN THREE STRAIGHT DRAFTS ON DEFENSE END?

Fuck that.

Besides, Mecca's right. He wouldn't be the right fit in this defense.

Hammock Parties

You'll see!

He's gonna be traded for a 5th or something.

DaneMcCloud
09-04-2009, 08:53 PM

You'll see!

I'll see him on another team because I ever see Pollard amount to anything other than a fucking doorstop, let alone Chiefs MVP.

LMAO

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-04-2009, 08:54 PM
And Pollard is 100% responsible for us getting Cassel.

Just think what kind of season we would be looking forward to if not for that.

And who was the last Chief to block a punt. Uh huh!

Mecca
09-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Wait till they use a really high pick on.....Vince Oghobaasse.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Bill Williamson is reporting Page is being shopped, too.

Wouldn't it be crazy if Morgan and Brown wound up starting, with McGraw and Price as the backups?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2009, 09:12 PM

Wouldn't it be crazy if Morgan and Brown wound up starting, with McGraw and Price as the backups?

Yes, it would be crazy. Or insane. Take your pick.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 09:14 PM
The Chiefs are prepping that spot for Taylor Mays already.

DaneMcCloud
09-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Yes, it would be crazy. Or insane. Take your pick.

Dump them both.

Neither will ever be top flight defensive players. Get what you can and move on.

This team's gonna suck, without or without Page & Pollard.

Let's move on.

KCrockaholic
09-04-2009, 09:16 PM

Aaron Francisco is a worthless safety. Easily one of the worst in the league in my opinion.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Dump them both.

Neither will ever be top flight defensive players. Get what you can and move on.

This team's gonna suck, without or without Page & Pollard.

Let's move on.

What part of "Brown is no longer worth a fuck" isn't sinking in?

Mecca
This is funny after all the hype that was given to Page and Pollard...I'm not a fan of either.

Hog's Gone Fishin

Is Obama running this program ?

KCrockaholic
09-04-2009, 09:18 PM
The Chiefs are prepping that spot for Taylor Mays already.

Mays, Berry. Either way I will be ecstatic.

Mays would fit a 3-4 pretty well IMO.

DaneMcCloud
09-04-2009, 09:18 PM
What part of "Brown is no longer worth a fuck" isn't sinking in?

Look, I get it.

But IMO, if the Chiefs can get something for Pollard or Page, they do it.

Pollard's absolutely fucking worthless and Page can't tackle.

They're both a liability and they both suck.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Mays, Berry. Either way I will be ecstatic.

Mays would fit a 3-4 pretty well IMO.

Mays is going to work SS this year which is good because that will give him experience at both safety spots.

KCrockaholic
09-04-2009, 09:19 PM
This is funny after all the hype that was given to Page and Pollard...I'm not a fan of either.

Only thing I like about Page right now is that he has become more vocal during this offseason. I feel like he fully understands what Haley/Pioli want him to do. Now him doing it is another story.

DaneMcCloud
09-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Mays is going to work SS this year which is good because that will give him experience at both safety spots.

After this season, people will be screaming for a right tackle with the first pick.

If Mays or Berry are chosen, I fully expect the server to shut down.

LMAO

KCrockaholic
09-04-2009, 09:21 PM

He would probably be perfect as a SS. Im excited to watch him play this year. Hes one of my 'boys' that I will be paying close attention to, and doing my own scouting reports on.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 09:21 PM
After this season, people will be screaming for a right tackle with the first pick.

LMAO

There are people that really don't grasp what those guys are.

They both could be true forces.

Just what Mays brings alone is ridiculous, there isn't another player playing on any level that is like Taylor Mays.

KCrockaholic
09-04-2009, 09:24 PM
There are people that really don't grasp what those guys are.

They both could be true forces.

Just what Mays brings alone is ridiculous, there isn't another player playing on any level that is like Taylor Mays.

This. And the fact that at this point I dont think there is a RT worth being taken in the top 5 of the draft.

Buehler445
09-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Good God, I hope we aren't hitching our wagon to Mike Brown.

Kyle DeLexus
09-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Look, I know. But he's so freaking amazing from a physical standpoint it would be hard to let him go to another team. Dude is going to kill people on Sundays. Heck, pick him up to play the ROLB spot - the experiment with McBride is just painful to watch and Dunlap has the speed to ...

Okay. Fine.

Ndamukong Suh or Jermaine Gresham with the first pick then.

Unless we pick up Pitta in the 2/3 round. If we do, then Suh is the guy.

I don't think Suh would be an effective NT in a 3-4, He seems more like a 5 tech. Cody or Boo Robinson are the top 2 IMO, and I think Robinson will be available with one of our 2nds.

Buehler445
09-04-2009, 09:27 PM

LMAO

TFG's head would explode because we don't use a top 5 fucking pick on a Right Tackle.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Everyone should have to watch this..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ck6VYBtR4A8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ck6VYBtR4A8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Buehler445
I don't think Suh would be an effective NT in a 3-4, He seems more like a 5 tech. Cody or Boo Robinson are the top 2 IMO, and I think Robinson will be available with one of our 2nds.

Isn't he kind of small for a NT?

Mecca
Good God, I hope we aren't hitching our wagon to Mike Brown.

It's not like we're going to win shit, sometimes this happens.

Kyle DeLexus
09-04-2009, 09:31 PM
This. And the fact that at this point I dont think there is a RT worth being taken in the top 5 of the draft.

Or that you just don't take a RT in the top 5 period.

Kyle DeLexus
09-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Isn't he kind of small for a NT?

Boo? He's 6'2 and I've seen both 326 and 295. I've tried to find out which one it is but keep coming up with the same numbers. Anyone know for sure?

EDIT: Wake Forest has him listed at 295. He must have lost the weight since he had been listed as 326.
EDIT AGAIN: he said he weights 303 right now but if you look at him he has room to add weight. I personally think he's the best 3-4 NT prospect in the draft. I'll be trying to watch any and all WF games I can.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 09:39 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RWroHILuG-I&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RWroHILuG-I&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

No no more DL in the first we gotta take Mays damn it.

Kyle DeLexus
09-04-2009, 09:42 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it until the draft, I'd love to have Mays OR Berry in the first.

Buehler445
09-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Boo? He's 6'2 and I've seen both 326 and 295. I've tried to find out which one it is but keep coming up with the same numbers. Anyone know for sure?

EDIT: Wake Forest has him listed at 295. He must have lost the weight since he had been listed as 326.

Suh. Sorry, I was ambiguous.

Buehler445
09-04-2009, 09:45 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it until the draft, I'd love to have Mays OR Berry in the first.

I would love those guys too. However my biggest concern is NT. With all the teams going that way, and no real FA (unless Wilfork comes out...not likely), I don't want to come into next year with just tank and Lokey or whomever.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 09:46 PM
I would love those guys too. However my biggest concern is NT. With all the teams going that way, and no real FA (unless Wilfork comes out...not likely), I don't want to come into next year with just tank and Lokey or whomever.

I dunno I think I might be a bit upset if we pass on guys who look like generational players for a big fat guy.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2009, 09:47 PM
<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RWroHILuG-I&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

No no more DL in the first we gotta take Mays damn it.

On board!

Kyle DeLexus
09-04-2009, 09:48 PM

I'm with you there. I just hope everyone keeps focusing on Cody and we can pick up Robinson and either OL, WR, or OLB/Rush in the 2nd. (depending on how FA, and the season goes)

Kyle DeLexus
09-04-2009, 09:51 PM
I dunno I think I might be a bit upset if we pass on guys who look like generational players for a big fat guy.

And thats what I don't like about Cody, he just seems like a big fat guy that doesn't have much motivation or work ethic. I think he'll be a prime candidate to bust after getting paid. You can't pass on a rare athletic freak like Mays or a gamechanger like Berry for that. Those 2 just seem like rare prospects.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 09:52 PM
I fully believe Taylor Mays can play every spot in the back 7 an inventive DC could use him in so many ways.

Buehler445
09-04-2009, 09:53 PM

The safety will be abused anyway if our Nose Tackle sucks a bag of dicks on the field.

T-post Tom
09-04-2009, 09:53 PM
D.Morgan had 7 tackles and a an int. vs lambs. It's only one game, but I can't help but wonder if this isn't part of the reasoning on a Pollard trade. [It appears that Haley was pretty high on Morgan's training camp performance.]

Mecca
09-04-2009, 09:54 PM
The safety will be abused anyway if our Nose Tackle sucks a bag of dicks on the field.

Taylor Mays is built like a linebacker and runs like a track star...SC just gave up the fewest amount of pass yards in the country and fewest big plays all while playing 8 in the box and letting Kevin Ellison the SS play as a rover at the line, how and who?

Cause Taylor Mays is so good he can play the entire deep middle by himself.

Buehler445
09-04-2009, 09:54 PM

I should note that I'm with you. But I'm still worried as fuck about the NT.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Taylor Mays is built like a linebacker and runs like a track star...SC just gave up the fewest amount of pass yards in the country and fewest big plays all while playing 8 in the box and letting Kevin Ellison the SS play as a rover at the line, how and who?

http://www.colectiva.tv/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/lkzyz89efm_clap.gif

Basileus777
09-04-2009, 09:56 PM
I fully believe Taylor Mays can play every spot in the back 7 an inventive DC could use him in so many ways.

He has the size to play OLB in a 4-3, but I can't really see him doing much else as a linebacker. Do you really think he is a Troy Polamlau type player that can roam all over? I haven't seen that from him, though USC hasn't really put him in a position to shown he can do it.

Buehler445
09-04-2009, 09:57 PM

I hear you, and I won't be pissed if they take him. But I still don't know what we're going to do about a NT. Unless by some miracle Wilfork lands here or a sure sign of the apocalypse Tank steps up.

Mecca
He has the size to play OLB in a 4-3, but I can't really see him doing much else as a linebacker. Do you really think he is a Troy Polamlau type player that can roam all over? I haven't seen that from him, though USC hasn't really put him in a position to shown he can do it.

He's gonna get a chance to do it this year so we shall see. He is no longer just going to be the deep 1 cover safety, he's already shown he is tremendous at that.

This year he gets his chance to be a playmaker.

Hammock Parties

I think he's a hell of a lot more athletic than Pola-mane and I've only watched 2 minutes of highlights.

Mays could cover Antonio Gates pretty well, too, so that's something to think about.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Taylor Mays is an athletic freak there is no questioning that and he's the best deep cover/cover 1 FS you'll ever find while being a massive hitter.

His 1 knock is that is the only way he's ever been used till this year so he was never really given a chance to be a playmaker, he just did his job.

Mr. Krab
09-04-2009, 10:01 PM
You've said it about 10 times in this thread alone. LMAO

Kyle DeLexus
09-04-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm gonna be pissed if the Raiders end up with him like all these mocks keep going with.

Kyle DeLexus
09-04-2009, 10:03 PM
You've said it about 10 times in this thread alone. LMAO

Hey when in Rome. :)

Basileus777
09-04-2009, 10:04 PM
I'm gonna be pissed if the Raiders end up with him like all these mocks keep going with.

Well that would just guarantee he would be a bust.

I do think this year is going to be really interesting as far as Mays is concerned. Last year I said he wasn't worth taking in the top 7 because he wasn't a playmaker. It will be interesting to see if he proves me wrong.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 10:25 PM
He better not end up on the Raiders that will really piss me off.

doomy3
09-04-2009, 10:29 PM
I would MUCH rather have Eric Berry than Taylor Mays.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 10:30 PM
You should quantify that in some kind of explanation.

Kyle DeLexus
09-04-2009, 10:31 PM

I'm going to wait till the end of this season before I go that far.

doomy3
09-04-2009, 10:32 PM
You should quantify that in some kind of explanation.

Assuming you are talking to me, I would much rather have an Ed Reed type. A ball-hawk, playmaking safety if we are drafting a safety in the top 10. Truth be told, I would rather draft a pass rusher or WR that high, but if we are hellbent on taking a safety, then I would take the playmaking ball-hawk every time.

doomy3
09-04-2009, 10:33 PM
And, of course I don't have any allegiance to either team, so I am not looking at it through SC colored glasses.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Assuming you are talking to me, I would much rather have an Ed Reed type. A ball-hawk, playmaking safety if we are drafting a safety in the top 10. Truth be told, I would rather draft a pass rusher or WR that high, but if we are hellbent on taking a safety, then I would take the playmaking ball-hawk every time.

Alright well I was just looking for some sort of explanation. In Mays defense he's never really been given the opportunity to be a playmaker.

They used him as a safety net because no one could beat him deep to let the other guys make plays.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 10:35 PM
And, of course I don't have any allegiance to either team, so I am not looking at it through SC colored glasses.

Now now, SC or not everyone knows Mays is a top of the line prospect.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-04-2009, 10:36 PM

Taylor Mays went to high school in Seattle. I've been watching him play since he was 14 years old. I promise you, you want him over anyone. He is a freak of nature and has been a man among boys on every level he's ever played. I would be elated to have that guy on the Chiefs. He's going to be a Hall of Famer.

And I fucking hate SC and was crushed when he refused to go to Washington.

doomy3
09-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Now now, SC or not everyone knows Mays is a top of the line prospect.

Agreed. And everyone (this board apparently excluded) also knows that Berry is a better prospect.

doomy3
09-04-2009, 10:39 PM
Taylor Mays went to high school in Seattle. I've been watching him play since he was 14 years old. I promise you, you want him over anyone. He is a freak of nature and has been a man among boys on every level he's ever played. I would be elated to have that guy on the Chiefs. He's going to be a Hall of Famer.

And I ****ing hate SC and was crushed when he refused to go to Washington.

Same could be said for Eric Berry. He is not the physical specimen that Mays is, but all he does is makes plays. The kid is the next Ed Reed.

Mr. Flopnuts
Agreed. And everyone (this board apparently excluded) also knows that Berry is a better prospect.

I don't even know how that's possible. But I haven't watched Berry personally the way I've seen Taylor. I think when it's all said and done, with luck on the injury front, Taylor Mays has the potential to be one of the games all time best at his position. And I don't make those kind of comments lightly.

Mecca

That's actually a huge debate on all the draft forums, it's usually split 50/50 there is no really definitive answer as to who is the better prospect.

Mays is more naturally gifted and more "freakish" where Berry has made more plays.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Same could be said for Eric Berry. He is not the physical specimen that Mays is, but all he does is makes plays. The kid is the next Ed Reed.

I'll have to do some research on him this weekend so I can make an educated comparison. Right now I honestly can't.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Flopnuts what did Mays do in high school......Eric Berry was a QB.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 10:41 PM
I'll have to do some research on him this weekend so I can make an educated comparison. Right now I honestly can't.

Here's the 2 major differences Mays is roughly 5 inches taller and 35lbs heavier and probably a little faster.

Berry has a ton of INT's and returns for TD's, where Taylor doesn't have that type of production partially due to how he is used.

DrRyan
09-04-2009, 10:41 PM
1. Carlos Dunlap, DE; UF
6. Chris Hall, OL; Texas

A little early for your mock Chiefs draft, no?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Flopnuts what did Mays do in high school......Eric Berry was a QB.

He played both sides of the ball. Receiver, DB, QB. He is an all around stud.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Really though, he was an awesome punt returner as well. Most people overlook that.

doomy3
09-04-2009, 10:45 PM
He played both sides of the ball. Receiver, DB, QB. He is an all around stud.

There's absolutely no question the kid's an absolute athletic freak.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 10:45 PM
I think it's time for the Chiefs to finally give me my damn SC player on the team.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-04-2009, 10:46 PM
There's absolutely no question the kid's an absolute athletic freak.

I'm always pimping Taylor Mays. I think it's because he's one of the only guys that I remembered watching in a high school game and declaring he was going to be an NFL hall of famer. Of course when you're a junior all-american in high school at defensive back, wide receiver, and quarterback that stuff speaks for itself. He's a local kid, and I'm a fan boy of his.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 10:47 PM
I will admit part of the reason I'm a huge fan of Mays is I see something special there. I think he could be a player no one has ever seen anything like before.

You don't see those chances very often and he looks like something special. There isn't another player on any level of football like Taylor Mays.

doomy3
09-04-2009, 10:47 PM
I think it's time for the Chiefs to finally give me my damn SC player on the team.

Yeah, they definitely owe that to you.

dirk digler
09-04-2009, 10:48 PM

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ck6VYBtR4A8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Thanks for the video. After watching that Berry is clearly head and shoulders better than Mays.

Reason why I say that is almost every tackle he doesn't wrap up he tries for the kill shot almost every time. That won't work in the NFL.

Berry is a ball hawking safety and I definitely see the comparison between him and Ed Reed.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the video. After watching that Berry is clearly head and shoulders better than Mays.

Reason why I say that is almost every tackle he doesn't wrap up he tries for the kill shot almost every time. That won't work in the NFL.

Berry is a ball hawking safety and I definitely see the comparison between him and Ed Reed.

Are you aware of how big Mays is?

dirk digler
09-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Are you aware of how big Mays is?

yeah is about the same size as Pollard only a littler taller

If you have any other video of him wrapping up and tackling guys I would be willing to re-evaluate my position but in that video he was just throwing his shoulders into everybody and going for kill shots.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 10:53 PM
yeah is about the same size as Pollard only a littler taller

If you have any other video of him wrapping up and tackling guys I would be willing to re-evaluate my position but in that video he was just throwing his shoulders into everybody and going for kill shots.

Uh no, he is significantly larger than Pollard.

doomy3
09-04-2009, 10:57 PM

Pollard is 6'1" 224 lbs and Mays is 6'3" 235 lbs. I wouldn't say he is "significantly larger." Like Dirk said, he is a couple inches taller. That gives him the extra 10 lbs.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 10:58 PM
If only Pollard could run like that or have that timing...I thought Pollard dropped a bunch of weight and was like 210 or 215 now...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bbKBeI1uVtU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bbKBeI1uVtU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

dirk digler
09-04-2009, 11:00 PM

Mays 6-3 230
Pollard 6-1 224

Uh yeah huge difference there.

I did see Mays runs around a 4.3 40 which is very good for his size

DrRyan
09-04-2009, 11:01 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ck6VYBtR4A8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ck6VYBtR4A8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DL would make no sense. I guess a case could me made for a NT like Cody. Right now, before the season starts, I would take Berry over Mays. Mays is obviously the better physical specimen, but there is something to be said about Berry's playmaking abilities. In a perfect world though I would prefer a stud pass rushing LB that reminds me think of DT. I don't think I have seen one of those coming out of this draft yet.

IMO winning football boiled down to its most simple formula is: keep your QB upright and knock down the other team's QB. Pass rusher round 1 and at least one O lineman round two.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 11:02 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_59-H0T50IU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_59-H0T50IU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That has some different ones in it..

doomy3
09-04-2009, 11:02 PM
I love how Mecca is just completely wrong about something, and he immediately moves the goalposts to "well if he could run like him..."

Mecca
09-04-2009, 11:04 PM
No offense here or anything but I thought Pollard was 6' 215, this huge deal was made last year about how he lost weight.