PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Predict the last cuts here.

ChiefJustice
09-05-2009, 10:18 AM
Everyone wanted Sackintosh gone....

Who will be a surprise cut from this team in the next few hours?

My money is on Jackie Battle being shown the door.

Post 'em here.

LaChapelle
09-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Krumrie(spelling)

bevischief
09-05-2009, 10:20 AM
Pickpen.

KCrockaholic
09-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Battle should be gone. Did relatively nothing in pre-season games. Has zero breakaway speed and doesnt have the drive of Dantrell Savage. Savage will stay, Battle is probably gone unless we keep 4 HBs, and I dont see that happening.

Halfcan
09-05-2009, 02:22 PM
dorsey should be gone-I dont think he has even sniffed at a big play this preseason

BigChiefFan
09-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Battle should be gone. Did relatively nothing in pre-season games. Has zero breakaway speed and doesnt have the drive of Dantrell Savage. Savage will stay, Battle is probably gone unless we keep 4 HBs, and I dont see that happening.
I disagree. Battle should be kept, as well as Savage.

milkman
09-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Turk McBride is history, and Mike Goff should be, though I expect he won't be cut.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-05-2009, 02:32 PM
If Thigpen is cut, i will be having a celebration tonight

SAUTO
09-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Turk McBride is history, and Mike Goff should be, though I expect he won't be cut.

agreed, i think there will be someone that we ALL are like WHAT!?!?!?! pioli just might have been getting us ready for it in his interview the other night. not the most talented but the best fit.

Halfcan
09-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Golfball looked like he had cement in his shoes.

anyway back to Dorsey-I really cant recall One dominating play he has made since he has been here.

maybe it is all the double and triple teams on him-lol

Halfcan
09-05-2009, 02:36 PM

Mcbride was a bust the second we drafted him-what a dumb ass pick.

KCChiefsMan
09-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Mcbride, thiggy, maybe goff and pollard??

CrazyPhuD
09-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Guiterrez, he has effectively no chance of making the roster. The only way I think he makes it is if they believe cassel will be out longer than they're saying.

Halfcan
09-05-2009, 02:44 PM
actually we could cut probably 20 guys off this team and replace them with dudes off the street and have the same talent level

CaliforniaChief
09-05-2009, 02:45 PM
McBride, Zack Thomas, Thigpen, Mike Brown, Goff

Halfcan
09-05-2009, 02:47 PM
the whole right side of the O line has been pushed around like biatches-I wonder what Haley is going to do about that??

Mecca
09-05-2009, 02:48 PM
There are actually some guys getting cut that can help the Chiefs...lets see if they grab any.

Ralphy Boy
09-05-2009, 02:49 PM
There isn't much to predict. We only have 67 people on the roster so with only 14 to cut, I can't imagine they haven't already known for days who it is.
My quick stab:
Jackie Bates, Terrance Copper, Tom Crabtree, Dion Gales, Bobby Greenwood, Darryl Harris, Taurus Johnson, Maurice Leggett, Jake OConnell, Ricky Price, Zach Thomas, Pierre Walters, Javarris Williams, Rodney Wright.
* Bold = Practice squad

I'm thinking we carry 5 Safeties if we can't trade Pollard. He has value and I would think Pioli won't just cut him so some rookie can ride the pine but rather keep him a week or two and trade him to Detroit. Once he's moved, Terrance Copper or Maurice Leggett probably gets brought back.

Ralphy Boy
09-05-2009, 02:52 PM
There are actually some guys getting cut that can help the Chiefs...lets see if they grab any.

Thats the real key to figuring this thing out. The guys that make our roster cuts tonight won't sleep easy, knowing that Pioli is watching and searching every teams roster to find who else might be better to replace them with.
Some poor SOB is going to think that he made the team when his name isn't on the cut list and then tomorrow, after he comes home from church thanking God he wasn't cut, he is going to get a "come to the coaches office and bring your play book" call.

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Darryl Harris

Apparently, you haven't been pay ANY attention.

There's NO WAY that Harris would make it through waivers.

NONE.

Besides that, there's no way the Chiefs cut him.

SAUTO
09-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Apparently, you haven't been pay ANY attention.

There's NO WAY that Harris would make it through waivers.

NONE.

Besides that, there's no way the Chiefs cut him.

and leggett? that just crazy talk IMO

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2009, 03:06 PM
and leggett? that just crazy talk IMO

I missed that. Thanks.

Crazy? It's fucking absurd and ill-informed.

JFC, Ralphie, what the fuck are you seeing that you'd could Harris and Leggett??

WTMF?

SAUTO
09-05-2009, 03:07 PM
I missed that. Thanks.

Crazy? It's fucking absurd and ill-informed.

JFC, Ralphie, what the fuck are you seeing that you'd could Harris and Leggett??

WTMF?

AND he said pierre walters, who in another thread supposedly has been told he has made the team

Ralphy Boy
09-05-2009, 03:13 PM
alright kings of football knowledge, put your nuts on the block and tell me who your cuts are.

Mecca
09-05-2009, 03:14 PM
He wants to cut Leggett cause he sucks at punt returning something he shouldn't be doing to begin with.

SAUTO
09-05-2009, 03:15 PM
alright kings of football knowledge, put your nuts on the block and tell me who your cuts are.

well not a couple of guys like our rook of the year last year and one thats already (supposedly) been told he's made the team

Titty Meat
09-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Thomas, Gales, Lokey, Williams, Taruas Johnson, Mcbride, Colcough, Thigpen, Wright, Pollard (traded).

Mr_Tomahawk
09-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Has our final roster cuts not been released yet?

Mr. Arrowhead
09-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Has our final roster cuts not been released yet?
nope they are due at 5 pm

Mr_Tomahawk
09-05-2009, 03:19 PM
nope they are due at 5 pm

Thanks.

Thought it was suppose to be 3? ....oh well.

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2009, 03:22 PM

Well, it's not going to be the heir apparent to Brian Waters, nor is it going to be the Chiefs MVP from last season.

Did you just look at the roster and jot down names your didn't recognize?

DenverChief
09-05-2009, 03:28 PM
My guesses:

Crabtree, J. Williams, McBride, Thomas, Thigpen, Wright, D. Johnson, Tyler, Bates, Gales, Price, T. Johnson

flame away

When the Chiefs unveil the first version of their 2009 53-man roster (and let me emphasize the word FIRST) sometime withing the next two hours, keep in mind that 2009 is not 2008. There will be names left off the list that will surprise fans, big names perhaps.

Many players that Chiefs fans have become familiar with over recent year were brought to Kansas City to run different offensive and defensive schemes. Football talent is indeed football talent, but the way a player fits into an offensive or defensive scheme may be the most important factor in determining the 53-man roster. Good 4-3 players don’t always make good 3-4 players, and vice-a-versa.

Keep in perspective that scheme is important, very important. I’ve got my 53-man roster filled out and I’m sure you do too. Let’s talk about it at 5:00

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/09/05/access_arrowhead_blog__wheeling_and_dealing/

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2009, 03:30 PM
My guesses:

Crabtree, J. Williams, McBride, Thomas, Thigpen, Wright, D. Johnson, Tyler, Bates, Gales, Price, T. Johnson

flame away

D. Johnson? Derrick Johnson?

I think he's incredibly average at best but I can't see him cut because the Chiefs just don't have anyone behind him to play that position.

DenverChief
09-05-2009, 03:31 PM
D. Johnson? Derrick Johnson?

I think he's incredibly average at best but I can't see him cut because the Chiefs just don't have anyone behind him to play that position.

yet...

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2009, 03:34 PM
yet...

That's quite a leap, my friend.

DenverChief
09-05-2009, 03:36 PM
That's quite a leap, my friend.

well I based my thoughts on the kcchiefs.com article that i posted in that post.....I don't think these guys are scared of that kind of move, as of right now DJ is listed as #3 on the depth chart (LILB) behind D Williams and M Beisel.... a sign?

Ralphy Boy
09-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Well, it's not going to be the heir apparent to Brian Waters, nor is it going to be the Chiefs MVP from last season.

Did you just look at the roster and jot down names your didn't recognize?

You guys crack me up. Its like you think you are on the staff or something. Your on a board with hundreds of people, who are fellow fans and yet if one of them says something that you don't agree with, or is maybe not as keen a football mind as you, you act as though I just suggested moving the team to Oakland.

Pretty much yes, I took a quick look at the roster and figured 4 CB's would be kept to accomodate holding onto 5 S's until Pollard can be traded. Should I have suggested Colclough instead of Leggett, yes. To be perfectly blunt I hadn't really noticed Harris much and figured he's a rookie who is listed as 3rd on the depth chart at LG, behind Wade Smith and would probably end up on the practice squad.

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2009, 03:40 PM
well I based my thoughts on the kcchiefs.com article that i posted in that post.....I don't think these guys are scared of that kind of move, as of right now DJ is listed as #3 on the depth chart (LILB) behind D Williams and M Beisel.... a sign?

I don't know.

Haley's been playing mind games with all of these guys so I guess anything's possible. I wouldn't even mind it because not only has he never lived up to his potential, he's not even an average player and has a tendency to disappear for games at a time.

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2009, 03:42 PM
You guys crack me up. Its like you think you are on the staff or something. Your on a board with hundreds of people, who are fellow fans and yet if one of them says something that you don't agree with, or is maybe not as keen a football mind as you, you act as though I just suggested moving the team to Oakland.

Pretty much yes, I took a quick look at the roster and figured 4 CB's would be kept to accomodate holding onto 5 S's until Pollard can be traded. Should I have suggested Colclough instead of Leggett, yes. To be perfectly blunt I hadn't really noticed Harris much and figured he's a rookie who is listed as 3rd on the depth chart at LG, behind Wade Smith and would probably end up on the practice squad.

Well now we know.

Unlike you, some of us HAVE watched the Chiefs closely. And unlike you, we've come to different conclusions.

And there's no reason to be a condescending prick. I asked a question and not only was I not being a dick, I was correct in my assumption.

You chose names based on the roster, not on individual play.

Ralphy Boy
09-05-2009, 03:42 PM

Package him up with Pollard and send them to Detroit for Calvin Johnson:D

milkman
09-05-2009, 03:43 PM

Can't put too much stock into the depth chart, considering it still list Dwayne Bowe beind Terrence Copper at WR.

DenverChief
09-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Can't put too much stock into the depth chart, considering it still list Dwayne Bowe beind Terrence Copper at WR.

IDK I don't think these guys care how much you make or where you were drafted, if they aren't performing then they don't see the field much if at all

Hammock Parties
09-05-2009, 03:46 PM
I would choose Savage over Battle, too. I don't think Battle brings anything LJ doesn't, personally. Savage brings a little something LJ doesn't have...a little more quickness, a little more receiving ability.

I still really dig, Battle, though. I wouldn't mind seeing him make the roster.

Man, we're deep at RB!

milkman
09-05-2009, 03:47 PM
IDK I don't think these guys care how much you make or where you were drafted, if they aren't performing then they don't see the field much if at all

Huh....?

Bowe has played himself back onto the first team.

I think it's possible Copper doesn't make the cut.

Ralphy Boy
09-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Well now we know.

Unlike you, some of us HAVE watched the Chiefs closely. And unlike you, we've come to different conclusions.

And there's no reason to be a condescending prick. I asked a question and not only was I not being a dick, I was correct in my assumption.

You chose names based on the roster, not on individual play.

Who the hell is being condescending? Go back and read what you wrote and read what I wrote, your the one being a prick. JFC, I posted in reply to the topic header, I took a stab at answering his question. Get a glimpse of how stupid you look right now.

DenverChief
09-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Huh....?

Bowe has played himself back onto the first team.

I think it's possible Copper doesn't make the cut.

while i admit I haven't been able to watch the team as much as I would like, I haven't heard anything positive or negative about Copper this pre-season...

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Who the hell is being condescending? Go back and read what you wrote and read what I wrote, your the one being a prick. JFC, I posted in reply to the topic header, I took a stab at answering his question. Get a glimpse of how stupid you look right now.

Yeah, this was a REALLY COOL compliment.

You guys crack me up. Its like you think you are on the staff or something.

:rolleyes:

Fucking idiot.

Dave Lane
09-05-2009, 03:56 PM
I would choose Savage over Battle, too. I don't think Battle brings anything LJ doesn't, personally. Savage brings a little something LJ doesn't have...a little more quickness, a little more receiving ability.

I still really dig, Battle, though. I wouldn't mind seeing him make the roster.

Man, we're deep at RB!

Between Battle and Savage it night come down to who might make the PS.

Not sure if either are eligible and might get claimed

Touchdown Bowe
09-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Copper, McBride, Thigpen

raybec 4
09-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Between Battle and Savage it night come down to who might make the PS.

Not sure if either are eligible and might get claimed

I think savage was active for too many games last year to be on the PS

Mr. Arrowhead
09-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Scotty, your time is up, its time to release them