PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Sign Jon Runyan please

RedThat
09-05-2009, 10:29 AM
They cannot go into the season w/ Ichiweiamfo Ndukwe whatever his name is??....They need someone who can play that position. I dont want Cassel getting killed.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-05-2009, 10:33 AM
What makes you think that a 35 year old guy that no one else wants, who just came off radical, major knee surgery, is going to be a solution for anything other than PR, given what he could once do and not what he can do?

doomy3
09-05-2009, 10:35 AM
What makes you think that a 35 year old guy that no one else wants, who just came off radical, major knee surgery, is going to be a solution for anything other than PR, given what he could once do and not what he can do?

I agree. There's a reason he's just been sitting out there for this long.

I mean, I'm not sure what we have to lose from bringing him in and seeing if he has anything left given our current shit we have at the position. But I wouldn't expect him to be the answer.

TEX
09-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Whatever. Picking up some old guy coming off major knee surgery is not the answer. It is what it is now. The time to address the OL was during the offseason. The new regeime was foolish to not make more of an attempt to improve it. Rather shocking when you consider how "smart" Pioli & Co. were supposed to be...:shake:

RedThat
09-05-2009, 10:41 AM

Experience. Experience.

He may or he may not be good? In a case move like this, there isn't much to lose because you can sign the guy for a vet minimum, and if worst comes to worst you can release him with not much to lose. If you sign him and play him he could reward you with good play? It all depends. They have to take chances.

Richardson could be either a good RT or a poor one? But would it make sense to keep him there as your main guy. Im not sure because he is nothing more then a project right now.

Im just saying this because the RT position is nothing more then an experiment. And at this point it's about finding guys.

milkman
09-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Experience. Experience.

He may or he may not be good? In a case move like this, there isn't much to lose because you can sign the guy for a vet minimum, and if worst comes to worst you can release him with not much to lose. If you sign him and play him he could reward you with good play? It all depends. They have to take chances.

Richardson could be either a good RT or a poor one? But would it make sense to keep him there as your main guy. Im not sure because he is nothing more then a project right now.

Im just saying this because the RT position is nothing more then an experiment. And at this point it's about finding guys.

The Chiefs will probably look for someone else to man the RT position, but I don't think it will be Jon Runyan.

With his knee issues and age, he has less lft to offer at RT than Goff has provided at RG.

RedThat
09-05-2009, 10:55 AM
The Chiefs will probably look for someone else to man the RT position, but I don't think it will be Jon Runyan.

With his knee issues and age, he has less lft to offer at RT than Goff has provided at RG.

And Goff has been terrible.

Well, hopefully they can find someone out there? I mean this position is really questionable at this point. I sure hope Richardson could be the man, but after watching him in the preseason, he has alot of work to do.

I guess we have to wait and see? cross those fingers and hopefully they can find a solution for that position.

*Even though I must admit, I 've always liked the way Runyan has played. what about mark Tauscher or Levi Jones? there still out there...They gotta sign someone. This position is one of the weakest on the team and I want Cassel to succeed.

I think its good to have a vet, Richardson is gonna need some coaching.

boogblaster
09-05-2009, 10:57 AM
someone will come to save the day ... who will it be ...

chiefzilla1501
09-05-2009, 11:20 AM
I agree. There's a reason he's just been sitting out there for this long.

I mean, I'm not sure what we have to lose from bringing him in and seeing if he has anything left given our current shit we have at the position. But I wouldn't expect him to be the answer.

The reason he's been sitting there so long is that he was only cleared to start working out about a week ago. And i think I read somewhere that if they sign him after the first game, he's worth a lot less money.

At this point, who are we to be picky? We don't have any option right now. The difference between Goff and Runyan is that Goff was never anything remarkable. He's always been a good not great lineman. Runyan, if healthy, is very good.

CoMoChief
09-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Goff is awesome. KEEP FUCKING DOUBTING GOFF!!!!!

salame
09-05-2009, 11:50 AM
it cant hurt to look at him

bevischief
09-05-2009, 01:58 PM
someone will come to save the day ... who will it be ...

Underdog.