PDA

View Full Version : Football This team is totally screwed up - and they're NOT in the AFC West

orange
09-06-2009, 07:02 AM
Schonert says Jauron wants a "Pop Warner offense"
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 6, 2009 8:38 AM ET
Former Bills offensive coordinator Turk Schonert isn't accepting his last minute firing from the team with a smile on his face.

In comments to Buffalo television station WIVB (via Tim Graham at ESPN), Schonert popped off about the disagreements he had with Bills head coach Dick Jauron. Specifically, he says Jauron wants an offense built more for middle schoolers.

"He told me the offense wasn't simple enough for him. We had too many formations, too many plays. I didn't simplify it to his liking," Schonert said.

"He wants a Pop Warner offense. He limited me in formations and limited me in plays. He's been on my back all offseason."

Um, wow.

Without knowing more about the situation, it's hard to tell if Schonert has a legitimate beef or whether this is just a case of sour grapes. And while the Bills offense has clearly been lacking all preseason, it's fair to say that Jauron has exhibited no ability to make the right decisions to direct a quality NFL offense as a head coach.

The last eight teams Jauron has coached have failed to be in the top 20 offenses in the league in yards, and only his 2001 Bears were in the top 20 in points. Jauron is a defensive-minded coach, but clearly his hires on offense have left a lot to be desired.

Including Schonert.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/06/schonert-says-jauron-wants-a-pop-warner-offense/

Ralph Wilson summons Jauron to Detroit
Posted by Mike Florio on September 5, 2009 11:18 PM ET
Bills owner Ralph Wilson apparently is feeling nervous about his team's ability to make good on the buzz that was generated during the first offseason of high hopes since the days of Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, and Andre Reed.

According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, WIlson summoned coach Dick Jauron, G.M. Russ Brandon, and two assistant coaches to the owner's home in Detroit for a meeting regarding the team's subpar preseason.

Wilson reportedly conducted a "give-and-take" session regarding the direction of the team, one day after Jauron's desperation manifested itself via the firing of offensive coordinator Turk Schonert.

The Bills would neither confirm nor deny that the meeting occurred, which of course means that it did.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/05/ralph-wilson-summons-jauron-to-detroit/

orange
09-06-2009, 07:03 AM
Dick Jauron = Herm Edwards?

Scorp
09-06-2009, 07:04 AM
Having too many plays on offense is Arena League!

the Talking Can
09-06-2009, 08:11 AM
the bills are going to be awesome

they signed TO

Pasta Little Brioni
09-06-2009, 08:13 AM
Dick Jauron = Herm Edwards?

That's what I was the thinking. The guy is a boob of a coach.

"This isn't Arena League Turk"

GoHuge
09-06-2009, 09:22 AM
to won't be any help. they won't be able to get him the ball and with those two whores from that god awful show of his draped all over him he won't be able to catch anything. also apparently that play book now only has two pass plays...doom.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
09-06-2009, 09:37 AM
That's what I was the thinking. The guy is a boob of a coach.

"This isn't Arena League Turk"And much like Herm, he has a job today because he got lucky with another team years ago.

That was until we fired Herm, that is.

Coogs
09-06-2009, 09:46 AM
Don't we play the Bills?

Why, yes we do!

Too bad it is already a given we will be lucky to win 1 or 2 games. Maybe even 0-16.

With the likes of Denver and Oakland on our schedule. The mighty Browns and Bengals. And this Pop-Warner League team from New York.

Now we may not beat any of these teams, but I just can not see how some here are willing to conceed defeat to all of these teams before the season even begins when our coaching staff is obviously upgraded big time over what we had last year.

I'm going to put on my flame resistant suit now. Be right back! ;)

Pasta Little Brioni
09-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Don't we play the Bills?

Why, yes we do!

Too bad it is already a given we will be lucky to win 1 or 2 games. Maybe even 0-16.

With the likes of Denver and Oakland on our schedule. The mighty Browns and Bengals. And this Pop-Warner League team from New York.

Now we may not beat any of these teams, but I just can not see how some here are willing to conceed defeat to all of these teams before the season even begins when our coaching staff is obviously upgraded big time over what we had last year.

I'm going to put on my flame resistant suit now. Be right back! ;)

The suckage of going 2-23 in the last 25 is still strong with this roster, but you are right all those other teams you mention are flawed as well. Really it is hard to pick the team over anyone right now, but I'll just sit back, watch, and maybe they'll surprise a bit with some W's :eek:

JuicesFlowing
09-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Jauron will get fired after this season if Buffalo doesn't make the playoffs.

JuicesFlowing
09-06-2009, 10:15 AM

That's the only reason i'm still holding out hope that we can win 6 games, but It's not a given that we can win in Mile High yet.

Buehler445
09-06-2009, 10:17 AM
What's the over/under on the number of days before a TO meltdown?

LaChapelle
09-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Wilson lives in Detroit? The suckage just attaches itself and won't let go.

cabletech94
09-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Jauron will get fired after this season if Buffalo doesn't make the playoffs.

I think it's safe to say that the if should have been bolded.

JD10367
09-06-2009, 10:20 AM
As a Patriots fan, let me address the suffering of a fellow AFC East team by posting a picture of my mood concerning it.

http://www.hecklerspray.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/palpatine.jpg

JuicesFlowing
09-06-2009, 10:25 AM
I think it's safe to say that the if should have been bolded.

I know, I really didn't even need to post that entire sentence really. :shake:

milkman
09-06-2009, 10:33 AM
As a Patriots fan, let me address the suffering of a fellow AFC East team by posting a picture of my mood concerning it.

http://www.hecklerspray.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/palpatine.jpg

The Hoodie Strikes Back.

Coogs
09-06-2009, 11:10 AM
That's the only reason i'm still holding out hope that we can win 6 games, but It's not a given that we can win in Mile High yet.

I agree. And while it is too early to tell on this factor as well, I feel pretty safe we are not going to get outcoached in any single one of the games I mentioned. Just my feeling going into the season.

Stewie
09-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Bottle caps and marbles offense? That is one messed up team.

JD10367
09-06-2009, 11:34 AM
I agree. And while it is too early to tell on this factor as well, I feel pretty safe we are not going to get outcoached in any single one of the games I mentioned. Just my feeling going into the season.

The toughest part of the schedule is early. Starting at Baltimore is most likely a loss. Oakland at home: win. On the road to Philly, probably a loss. Back home for the Giants, probably a loss. Dallas at home, it's 50/50 IMO. At Washington is winnable. The Chargers in Arrowhead, probably a loss. So at that point they're probably 2-5. It gets a little easier with two road games at the Jags and Raiders, but then a tough home game with Pitt and on the road to San Diego. Now you're looking at maybe 4-7.

But look at those last five games. Cupcakes, especially if Denver has imploded. Three home games against B-named easy teams (Broncos, Bills, Browns). A road game to Cincy, which might be out of it by then. And finishing up at Denver, who might be totally out of it and in full rebellion mode. I can see the Chiefs running the table at the end of the season. Really.

JuicesFlowing
09-06-2009, 12:24 PM
I feel pretty safe we are not going to get outcoached in any single one of the games I mentioned. Just my feeling going into the season.

I concur.