PDA

View Full Version : Football Kerry Rhodes hints at a "big announcement"...Brandon Marshall to the Jets?

T-post Tom
09-07-2009, 12:13 AM
McDaniels: Best offseason move for the Chiefs? LMAO

Kerry Rhodes hints at a "big announcement"
Posted by Mike Florio on September 7, 2009 2:00 AM ET

With Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco on a Twitter hiatus (which will last until he grows bored with being bored of it), another NFL player needed to fill the intrigue vacuum created by Chad's absence.

Enter Jets safety Kerry Rhodes, who has tantalized Jets fans by tweeting Sunday night that they should expect "a big announcement."

Just before that, Rhodes tweeted at a Jets fan speculating on a possible trade for Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall "u may be right!!! (hint hint)."

After creating a mini-firestorm with his comments among Jets fans, Rhodes added this message: "Sorry 4 the hold up fans but this stuff sometime takes time but just stay tuned u will find out soon. Not trying to hold u guys in limbo!"

The Broncos have said that they won't be trading Marshall (just like they said they wouldn't be trading Jay Cutler), but a report last week that the Broncos negotiated with the Jets about such a deal -- and asked for Jets linebacker David Harris as compensation -- has caused some to believe a deal might still happen. Sunday's trade for quarterback Kevin O'Connell has renewed speculation that a trade for Marshall will occur, with O'Connell being shipped to the quarterback-needy Broncos.

Regardless of whether it's Marshall or something else, Rhodes has provided a compelling tease. Let's see whether he can now deliver on the expectations he has created.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/kerry-rhodes-hints-at-a-big-announcement/

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Obviously, Marshall is a malcontent cocksucker, but is he generally a Keyshawn-TO-type "give me the ball on every down" cocksucker too, because I don't know if I'd want that guy in a rookie QBs ear.

On the other hand, he's a huge target and a great guy to lob a pass up to on 3rd down.

Keller, Marshall, and Cotchery with that OL and those backs...JFC.

Mecca
09-07-2009, 12:20 AM
Sanchez is a strong enough personality to handle Marshall.

Basileus777
09-07-2009, 12:31 AM
If Denver wants to continue to make terrible trades, can't they do it with someone other than the fucking Jets?

Dante84
09-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Broncos are going to get their pick of the QB's in next years draft.

Colt? Sam? Surely not Tim...

Who else?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2009, 12:35 AM

Who else?

Not with the Bears pick, they aren't. Seattle will have their pick of shitty spread QBs and Jevean Snead.

salame
09-07-2009, 12:35 AM
why the hell would the jets trade for oconnel?

Mecca
09-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Last I heard they wanted David Harris.

The Bad Guy
09-07-2009, 12:47 AM
If David Harris is holding up the Marshall deal, then the Jets are stupid.

I have Marshall on my fantasy team, and I'm praying for this trade.

salame
09-07-2009, 12:48 AM
what did the jets give up for oconnel

Dante84
09-07-2009, 12:56 AM
Not with the Bears pick, they aren't. Seattle will have their pick of shitty spread QBs and Jevean Snead.

I was talking about their own shitty pick. They still have their own first, correct?

And the Bears' first?

salame
09-07-2009, 12:58 AM
no they traded one of them

Dante84
09-07-2009, 12:59 AM
Oh, for the 5'9" corner? haha... I remember now.

salame
09-07-2009, 01:00 AM
Oh, for the 5'9" corner? haha... I remember now.

is he even listed as a starter?

Dante84
09-07-2009, 01:01 AM
is he even listed as a starter?

I dunno... but I remember sitting there on draft day, like, Holy fuck. THAT JUST HAPPENED.

Mecca
09-07-2009, 01:01 AM
If David Harris is holding up the Marshall deal, then the Jets are stupid.

I have Marshall on my fantasy team, and I'm praying for this trade.

Jets fans are so dumb I had Mike and Mike on one morning last week and Mike Greenburg was going on this huge rant about how he didn't want Marshall how Harris was really good and he didn't want to give him up all of this shit.

Mark Schelerth basically asked him if he was retarded.

Dante84
09-07-2009, 01:03 AM

Mark Schelerth can suck cock in hell.

salame
09-07-2009, 01:04 AM
alphonso smith lol

-King-
09-07-2009, 01:26 AM
Josh McDaniels welcomes you to the circus http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9310/94206790.jpg

Quesadilla Joe
09-07-2009, 02:58 AM
Denver doesn't want that QB that got cut by the Patriots. They only put a claim in on him because we had 2 injured QB's and still had one preseason game to go. We have no use for him now.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-07-2009, 06:52 AM
Denver doesn't want that QB that got cut by the Patriots. They only put a claim in on him because we had 2 injured QB's and still had one preseason game to go. We have no use for him now.

Thats what you think.

BWAAHAAHAAHAA !!!!!!! ORTON !!!!!!!

LaChapelle
09-07-2009, 06:55 AM
Players have all the skinny on front office moves.

salame
09-07-2009, 08:24 AM

twitter is the new espn

dellzip
09-07-2009, 08:29 AM
now that would suck!

the Talking Can
09-07-2009, 08:30 AM

just ask waters

-King-
09-07-2009, 08:31 AM
BTW, Rhodes and Marshall have the same agent so of all people, he would know something about a trade in the works.

Sanka
09-07-2009, 08:44 AM
I don't think I would take Marshall for vet. min. Dudes a fucking jackass.

RedThat
09-07-2009, 08:57 AM
I don't think I would take Marshall for vet. min. Dudes a ****ing jackass.

I was a big fan of Marshall. till recently when I saw his behaviour at Broncos practice my impressions on him changed. That guy is total A-hole.

I wouldn't take him for the vet min either.

Sanka
09-07-2009, 08:59 AM
Man, I wish the Donx would give this guy his big pay day. Because I know for a fact he is the type to get rich and stop trying.

notorious
09-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Jets fans are so dumb I had Mike and Mike on one morning last week and Mike Greenburg was going on this huge rant about how he didn't want Marshall how Harris was really good and he didn't want to give him up all of this shit.

Jets fans are very passionate.

Passion is a powerful emotion, and emotion always clouds judgement.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-07-2009, 09:30 AM

First, I don't think Marshall will be a problem when he gets out of Denver. He hasn't been a problem on the field, it is his off field behavior that has been an issue. And, once he gets paid and goes somewhere that he feels like the head coach has a clue, I think he will be fine.

Second, Ryan is the head coach and he isn't Wade Phillips or any other wussified HC. He is strong enough to handle it.

Third, Sanchez is a rookie. He will do well to handle his own responsibilities. Lucky for him, he has a strong head coach. Someday, Sanchez may be able to handle a TO type guy with a weak head coach, but not now.

The legend of Sanchez grows everyday it seems.

MikeMaslowski
09-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Man, I wish the Donx would give this guy his big pay day. Because I know for a fact he is the type to get rich and stop trying.

Marshall = LJ?

58kcfan89
09-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Am I the only one who kinda wants to see the Broncos keep Marshall and don't give him a new contract to see if he's knocking down passes and punting the ball after a play during a real game?

-King-
09-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Am I the only one who kinda wants to see the Broncos keep Marshall and don't give him a new contract to see if he's knocking down passes and punting the ball after a play during a real game?

Yes.

The faster he's out of our division, the better.

LaChapelle
09-07-2009, 11:02 AM
So the Jets went around the Broncos by using their player who has the same agent to post there is interest in Marshall. This could still cost the Jets a pick. If Vermiel cost the Chiefs a #2.....

-King-
09-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Kerry Rhodes keeps dropping hints of a Brandon Marshall trade
Posted by Mike Florio on September 7, 2009 12:10 PM ET

After more than 12 hours of silence on his Twitter page, which had folks buzzing over hints that receiver Brandon Marshall could be heading from Denver to New York, Jets safety Kerry Rhodes says that he wasn't referring to the potential trade for Marshall when promising a "big announcement" on Sunday night.

We think.

Rhodes posted, and then deleted, a tweet indicating that a trade for Marshall wasn't the big news to which he was referring. But the deleted tweet added that the trade for Marshall "may happen."

(Though he also posted, as some of you have pointed out in the comments, that the big news isn't that a Marshall trade, the point here -- for those of you who were unable to comprehend the prior paragraph and who likely won't comprehend this parenthetical, either -- is that Rhodes tweeted that Marshall wasn't the big news to which Rhodes was referring, that the Marshall trade "may happen," and that Rhodes thereafter deleted the tweet.)

Rhodes now says on his Twitter page: "everyone the news will b mad 2morrow and if you really are a JET fan you will appreciate the news!"

He then reiterated the news is coming Tuesday: "it will b told tommorow seriously i wont lie to my fans and fans of the jets."

Already, it sounds like we're all in for a letdown on this one.

Unless Rhodes deleted the other tweet because a trade for Marshall still might happen.

DJ's left nut
09-07-2009, 11:10 AM

Yeah, just like Jay Cutler was.

Take Sanchez's balls out of your mouth for just one second, please.

If Marshall gets paid, he'll be a fine player for whoever his QB is. If the Jets take him on and don't give him his new deal, he'll be every bit the prick he's been thus far. The rookie QB with one season as a college starter under his belt is not going to be the tonic that makes Marshall be a good boy.

Marshall will get his money or he won't. Sanchez will have absolutely nothing to do with it.

You're worse than Madden and his Favre obsession.

JD10367
09-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Kerry Rhodes keeps opening his yap, there's gonna be a trade, allright, LOL.

Rain Man
09-07-2009, 12:37 PM

Yeah. It appears that he stopped trying even during the negotiations to get rich. He's proactively getting fat and lazy.

BigRock
09-07-2009, 12:42 PM
His twitter says he's not talking about Marshall.

For those who think i was talking bout B Marshall, Guess again!!!
about 3 hours ago from web

T-post Tom
09-07-2009, 12:42 PM

Who else?

No sir. Haven't you heard? Orton is the second coming of John Elway.

T-post Tom
09-07-2009, 12:48 PM
His twitter says he's not talking about Marshall.

We'll see. He might be just covering his and the Jets' ass.

Rain Man
09-07-2009, 12:51 PM
No sir. Haven't you heard? Orton is the second coming of John Elway.

I think Cutler is closer to that description, given that he refused to play for the team that drafted him due to selfishness and ego.

T-post Tom
09-07-2009, 12:53 PM
I think Cutler is closer to that description, given that he refused to play for the team that drafted him due to selfishness and ego.

Good point. But I'm just regurgitating McDaniels' propaganda.

Dylan
09-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Regardless the news out of Mike Florio's mouth -- he's nothing more than a feed reader --a nobody -- Sorry to be so harsh --
-------------------------------------------------

Andy Das, assistant sports editor at The New York Times wrote:

September 7, 2009, 12:05 am

Jets’ O’Connell Trade May Not Be About O’Connell
By Andrew Das

So the Jets sent a draft pick to the Lions on Sunday for quarterback Kevin O’Connell, a seemingly minor move for a team that has made a clear commitment to Mark Sanchez and seemed comfortable with his backups, Kellen Clemens and Erik Ainge.

(Given Coach Rex Ryan’s revelation that Clemens hurt his elbow in a preseason game against Baltimore, the trade seemed more about insurance than anything else.)

And while General Manager Mike Tannenbaum played the nothing-to-see-here card on Sunday — “We will move forward with four quarterbacks on our roster” — the Jets didn’t just claim O’Connell off waivers, they sent the Lions a draft pick to make sure they got him. That raised more than a few eyebrows, especially in Denver, where some bloggers and reporters quickly saw a connection in the Jets’ possible interest in the unhappy receiver Brandon Marshall and the Broncos’ failed claim for O’Connell last week.

A couple of cryptic Twitter posts from safety Kerry Rhodes only stirred things up more. About 5 p.m. he sent this:

jet fans expect a big announcement coming soon lol!

When he was besieged for more information from fans and teammates, he tweeted just after 10 p.m.:

Sorry 4 the hold up fans but this stuff sometime takes time but just stay tuned u will find out soon. Not trying to hold u guys in limbo

Would a package including a defensive player (to fortify an abysmal Broncos defense) and O’Connell (who is a known commodity to Broncos Coach Josh McDaniels) be enough to persuade Denver to give up the headache that Marshall has become? Would any deal have to include linebacker David Harris?

Of course, the Jets may have acquired O’Connell for a different reason: he knows the New England offense, and the Jets play the Patriots in two weeks.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/09/07/the-kevin-oconnell-trade-may-not-be-about-kevin-oconnell/

orange
09-08-2009, 03:40 PM
The Kerry Rhodes tweets turn out to be a commercial for something:

Kerry Rhodes fails to deliver
Posted by Mike Florio on September 8, 2009 3:42 PM ET

Jets safety Kerry Rhodes created a buzz recently on Twitter, hinting at "a big announcement."

In the end, it was merely an announcement.

We won't mention what it was specifically. It was a stupid marketing ploy, and we decline to help spread the word for something for which the Jets are getting paid.

So here's the rule of thumb going forward. Whenever anyone promises via Twitter that some type of major announcement is coming, assume that you're being set up for a major disappointment.

Or, better yet, just ignore it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/08/kerry-rhodes-fails-to-deliver/

Rain Man
09-08-2009, 03:51 PM
That announcement was about as dumb and boring as Twitter.

ModSocks
09-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Kerry Rhodes keeps dropping hints of a Brandon Marshall trade
Posted by Mike Florio on September 7, 2009 12:10 PM ET

After more than 12 hours of silence on his Twitter page, which had folks buzzing over hints that receiver Brandon Marshall could be heading from Denver to New York, Jets safety Kerry Rhodes says that he wasn't referring to the potential trade for Marshall when promising a "big announcement" on Sunday night.

We think.

Rhodes posted, and then deleted, a tweet indicating that a trade for Marshall wasn't the big news to which he was referring. But the deleted tweet added that the trade for Marshall "may happen."

(Though he also posted, as some of you have pointed out in the comments, that the big news isn't that a Marshall trade, the point here -- for those of you who were unable to comprehend the prior paragraph and who likely won't comprehend this parenthetical, either -- is that Rhodes tweeted that Marshall wasn't the big news to which Rhodes was referring, that the Marshall trade "may happen," and that Rhodes thereafter deleted the tweet.)

Rhodes now says on his Twitter page: "everyone the news will b mad 2morrow and if you really are a JET fan you will appreciate the news!"

He then reiterated the news is coming Tuesday: "it will b told tommorow seriously i wont lie to my fans and fans of the jets."

Already, it sounds like we're all in for a letdown on this one.

Unless Rhodes deleted the other tweet because a trade for Marshall still might happen.

Damnit, I'm so sick of hearing about the tweets and the twits and the whatever the fuck else. Every time a read an article or watch espn or NFL network..."So and so tweeted blah blah blah tweet tweet twitter blah blah blah.

FUCK!

Molitoth
09-08-2009, 04:06 PM
twitter is f*cking retarded.

Buck
09-08-2009, 04:10 PM
If there was no Twitter, Merriman would have never met Tila Nguyen.

LiL stumppy
09-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Obviously, Marshall is a malcontent cocksucker, but is he generally a Keyshawn-TO-type "give me the ball on every down" cocksucker too, because I don't know if I'd want that guy in a rookie QBs ear.

On the other hand, he's a huge target and a great guy to lob a pass up to on 3rd down.

Keller, Marshall, and Cotchery with that OL and those backs...JFC.

I agree on most accounts but would much rather have a WR that wanted the ball every play other than one that didn't care.