PDA

View Full Version : Football Broncos TE Richard Quinn Arrested

DaFace
09-07-2009, 05:52 PM
http://www.9news.com/sports/pro_football/nfl/denver_broncos/article.aspx?storyid=122848&catid=72

ARAPAHOE COUNTY - A member of the Denver Broncos was booked into jail on Monday afternoon on a harassment charge.

Richard Quinn is being held without bond on a harassment charge related to domestic violence until he can see the judge on Tuesday.

The Broncos traded into the second round for Quinn during the 2009 draft. He is a tight end out of North Carolina.

He is listed third on the depth chart behind Daniel Graham and Tony Scheffler.

This is the guy they traded up to take in the 2nd round this year. He hasn't done much in the preseason that I've seen, so it's probably not a big deal in the short term. However, it'll be interesting to see if this is a one-time occurrence or a sign of things to come.

T-post Tom
09-07-2009, 05:55 PM
(In my best Casey Kasem voice) "We've got mounds of sounds and stacks of wax here in Dungver, where the hits just keep on coming!"

Rain Man
09-07-2009, 05:56 PM
I wonder if he's also considering retirement.

Wow. Just wow. The Broncos have had the worst offseason since...ever.

Mile High Mania
09-07-2009, 06:15 PM
There's just way too much of this crap with pro athletes...

the Talking Can
09-07-2009, 06:17 PM
tila tequila is a slut

bevischief
09-07-2009, 06:17 PM
The season of fail continues...

LaChapelle
09-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Did they step in front of the Bengals to take him?

DaFace
09-07-2009, 06:27 PM
I hadn't noticed the "without bond" part of the article until I re-read it just now. That's interesting. I'm no lawyer, but isn't that unusual?

Coach
09-07-2009, 06:29 PM
I hadn't noticed the "without bond" part of the article until I re-read it just now. That's interesting. I'm no lawyer, but isn't that unusual?

For a harrasment or a domestic violence, yeah, seems a little unusual.

JD10367
09-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Wow. I don't even hate the Broncos with the passion you guys must, and I find this offseason of theirs to be hysterically pleasing. ROFL

Bwana
09-07-2009, 06:33 PM
America's Most Wanted.

kstater
09-07-2009, 06:36 PM

Not necessarily. It's a county jail, so likely waiting on a traveling Magistrate to see him at a hearing. Hell, around here the magistrate only comes twice a week.

Warrior5
09-07-2009, 06:43 PM
I know many of you loyal Donk..., er, I mean Bronco fans are asking yourselves, "Why do I continue to support this douche-fest of a team? First McDaniels, followed by trading Cutler for abOrton, then the whole Brandon Marshall fiasco, and now this!" Well let me assure you; even though, on the surface, this appears to another step closer to my "Waterloo", just remember this: Character Counts! And to show you I mean what I say... free sushi and Perrier for all season ticket holders at the home opener!

Skip Towne
09-07-2009, 07:15 PM
He may be in violation of a protective order. That pisses judges off.

Quesadilla Joe
09-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Richard Quinn is a good kid from a military family. This harassment charge is no big deal.

DaFace
09-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Richard Quinn is a good kid from a military family. This harassment charge is no big deal.

ROFL...you crack me up.

kstater
09-07-2009, 07:35 PM

And the domestic violence charge?

ENTENNIAL - Denver Bronco' Richard Quinn was arrested on suspicion of physical abuse and restraining his girlfriend on Labor Day.

Deputies responded to the 10100 block of Inverness Main St. after the victim called from that area at 12:34 pm.

Tiffany Merritt, 22, told deputies that she and her live-in boyfriend Quinn got into an argument. She claims he grabbed her, shook her to the ground, and took the house phone out of her hand while she was calling 911.

Merritt also told deputies that Quinn took her cell phone and told her that she was not going to call the police. Merritt says she then ran to a neighbor's house to call 911.

Quinn admitted to police at the scene that he took the phone out of Tiffany's hand so she couldn't call the police.

Quinn also stated that he only grabbed Tiffany when she started hitting him in the face. During the investigation deputies did not see any visible signs that Quinn had been struck in the face or head area.

Quinn was taken into custody and transported to the Sullivan Detention Facility where he was booked in on charges of:

Harassment
Obstruction of Telephone Services
Domestic Violence

No bond has been set and quinn was expected to remain in custody overnight. Copyright © 2009, KDVR-TV (http://www.kdvr.com/)
http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-broncoarrest-090709,0,93003.storyhttp://mv.trb.com/clear.gif?dname=www.kdvr.com&uri=/news/kdvr-broncoarrest-090709,0,93003.story&tag=/news&citype=story&title=Broncos%27%20Quinn%20arrested%20in%20domestic%20dispute&tnurl=http://www.kdvr.com/media/thumbnails/story/2009-09/49118740-07172527.jpg&hkey=88d4366c21449f47e6dc24452ce6ca59

Quesadilla Joe
09-07-2009, 07:46 PM
And the domestic violence charge?

ENTENNIAL - Denver Bronco' Richard Quinn was arrested on suspicion of physical abuse and restraining his girlfriend on Labor Day.

Deputies responded to the 10100 block of Inverness Main St. after the victim called from that area at 12:34 pm.

Tiffany Merritt, 22, told deputies that she and her live-in boyfriend Quinn got into an argument. She claims he grabbed her, shook her to the ground, and took the house phone out of her hand while she was calling 911.

Merritt also told deputies that Quinn took her cell phone and told her that she was not going to call the police. Merritt says she then ran to a neighbor's house to call 911.

Quinn admitted to police at the scene that he took the phone out of Tiffany's hand so she couldn't call the police.

Quinn also stated that he only grabbed Tiffany when she started hitting him in the face. During the investigation deputies did not see any visible signs that Quinn had been struck in the face or head area.

Quinn was taken into custody and transported to the Sullivan Detention Facility where he was booked in on charges of:

Harassment
Obstruction of Telephone Services
Domestic Violence

No bond has been set and quinn was expected to remain in custody overnight. Copyright © 2009, KDVR-TV (http://www.kdvr.com/)
http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-broncoarrest-090709,0,93003.storyhttp://mv.trb.com/clear.gif?dname=www.kdvr.com&uri=/news/kdvr-broncoarrest-090709,0,93003.story&tag=/news&citype=story&title=Broncos%27%20Quinn%20arrested%20in%20domestic%20dispute&tnurl=http://www.kdvr.com/media/thumbnails/story/2009-09/49118740-07172527.jpg&hkey=88d4366c21449f47e6dc24452ce6ca59

“”This was an unfortunate personal situation,” Schaffer said. “”However I’m very proud the way Richard handled this delicate situation by diffusing what otherwise could have been a potentially dangerous situation.

“”When all the facts come out, people will find out Richard’s done nothing wrong. Richard’s No. 1 concern right now is the welfare of his daughter and to avoid any negative light brought to the Denver Broncos, Richard and his family.”

“Richard did everything he was taught to do (through various NFL rookie programs that deal with potential off-field situations) to diffuse an otherwise irrational person and he’s the person sitting in jail,” Schaffer said.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/09/07/agent-says-quinn-did-everything-right/

AndChiefs
09-07-2009, 07:51 PM
“Richard did everything he was taught to do (through various NFL rookie programs that deal with potential off-field situations) to diffuse an otherwise irrational person and he’s the person sitting in jail,” Schaffer said.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/09/07/agent-says-quinn-did-everything-right/

Doing everything right is taking the phone away and making her run to the neighbor's to call the cops? Guess I had the wrong idea of how to handle these situations.

T-post Tom
09-07-2009, 07:56 PM

Yeppers, adults that grew up as military kids never have criminal issues. I'm sure the arrest is no big deal & was probably a case of "mistaken identity." :spock:

Quesadilla Joe
09-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Yeppers, adults that grew up as military kids never have criminal issues. I'm sure the arrest is no big deal & was probably a case of "mistaken identity." :spock:

McDaniels made it a point to only draft high character guys this year, and obviously Richard Quinn is one of them. He is not a problem child. I guarantee this is the last time you will hear his name in the police blotter.

SDChief
09-07-2009, 08:12 PM
McDaniels made it a point to only draft high character guys this year, and obviously Richard Quinn is one of them. He is not a problem child. I guarantee this is the last time you will hear his name in the police blotter.

I seem to remember Bowlen saying the same thing for the past few years...McDaniels has been so spot on this offseason, I'm sure every one of his draft picks will be probowlers soonROFL I'm not saying this kid is guilty or innocent, but your blind faith is retarded.

Kerberos
09-08-2009, 11:34 AM
I seem to remember Bowlen saying the same thing for the past few years...McDaniels has been so spot on this offseason, I'm sure every one of his draft picks will be probowlers soonROFL I'm not saying this kid is guilty or innocent, but your blind faith is retarded.

Right behind their soon to be Probowler Neckbeard AbOrton. :doh!:

wild1
09-08-2009, 11:50 AM
It's only his first arrest. Marshall has the cops at his house every other night and the Bronco fans still pooh-pooh that. Quinn won't get any traction.

orange
09-08-2009, 11:54 AM

It was Labor Day. No one was minding the store.

By the way, something like half of all state employees were furloughed today, so he might still be there.

Rain Man
09-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Since he's a tight end, maybe he went to jail to get some football tips from Clarence Kay.

salame
09-08-2009, 12:22 PM
I thought they traded up to get that 5-9 corner?

Quiet Storm
09-08-2009, 01:04 PM
I thought they traded up to get that 5-9 corner?

They traded up for that midget corner and this guy. I just read a quote somewhere from him and he said something along the lines of "I didn't expect to get drafted this high" after the draft.

Wow @ trading back up into the 2ND ROUND to get a blocking TE.

God that franchise went from cheaters who won-to-completely inept losers.

Skip Towne
09-08-2009, 01:28 PM
I'll bet Quinn was just trying to keep her from driving drunk.

Hammock Parties
09-08-2009, 01:29 PM
A one-armed man did it.

Inspector
09-08-2009, 01:32 PM

Yeah, obviously.:thumb:

DJ's left nut
09-08-2009, 01:33 PM
“”This was an unfortunate personal situation,” Schaffer said. “”However I’m very proud the way Richard handled this delicate situation by diffusing what otherwise could have been a potentially dangerous situation.

“”When all the facts come out, people will find out Richard’s done nothing wrong. Richard’s No. 1 concern right now is the welfare of his daughter and to avoid any negative light brought to the Denver Broncos, Richard and his family.”

Well shit, if his attorney said it, it has to be true.

Inspector
09-08-2009, 01:33 PM
I'll bet Quinn was just trying to keep her from driving drunk.

Cross thread humor.

Rep!

Chief Faithful
09-08-2009, 01:41 PM

Dick Vermiel and Herm Edwards made it a point to only draft high character guys. At least that is what they told the fanbase.

Quiet Storm
09-08-2009, 01:41 PM
22 guys off the street could do this!!!...says the dunce coach