PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Great; now I have to be nice to Petro for a while.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2009, 10:14 AM
As if getting the shaft over Pollard wasn't enough, I'm now listening to 810 where Petro is being critical of the cut and supporting BP.

And the Taylor cut too.

CoMoChief
09-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Shoulda have kept Pollard for ST......because frankly, our ST play is crap.

I really don't get the Herb Taylor cut. We don't have anyone to backup LT Albert should he get hurt.

beach tribe
09-08-2009, 10:19 AM
I am really surprised at the Taylor cut. BP was just too much of a liability though.

You simply can't put guys on the filed who are prone to giving up the big play.

With Pollard on the field, there's always a good chance that he's gonna give up a deep ball, or take a bad angle and miss a TD saving tackle.

I truly think playing with G. Wesley hurt Pollard badly. He is basically a Wesley clone.

Before the 2007 season, I was prepared to make Pollard my favorite chief, and expected him to become a huge force for us. Unfortunately, he became a huge disappointment.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2009, 10:19 AM

I really don't get the Herb Taylor cut. We don't have anyone to backup LT Albert should he get hurt.

Add Thigpen still on the roster, and this whole thing looks Ultra-Tard.

Archie Bunker
09-08-2009, 10:24 AM
The NFL has spoken, Pollard and Taylor suck ass.

doomy3
09-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Your obsession with posting anything you hear on Soren Petro's show rivals John Wayne's obsession with posting anything he receives in a text from ESPN.

BigRedChief
09-08-2009, 10:26 AM

Special teams would have been okay but I think he was being made an example of and it only cost us a special teams player. Message should have been delivered.

nychief
09-08-2009, 10:28 AM
I think that there was more to the Pollard drop than just his play... He was mouthing off to coaches, no?

CoMoChief
09-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Add Thigpen still on the roster, and this whole thing looks Ultra-Tard.

Well I'm not as pissed about that.....we're talking about a 3rd string QB.

BP can really be a force on ST, an area this whole team needs major improvement on. It's not like he can't be of use on this team. So his shafting still kinda puzzles me. Yes his coverage skills are horrid. He shouldnt see the field except ST.

Who the fuck is going to backup Albert at LT?!?!? Herb has showed he can pass block. He played somewhat well last season. I absolutely dont understand that shafting by any means. There's really no meaning to it. Clearly there isn't anyone better at LT than Herb that can backup Albert. At least I havent seen it........yet

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Your obsession with posting anything you hear on Soren Petro's show rivals John Wayne's obsession with posting anything he receives in a text from ESPN.

Not just anything. It's relevant to current discussion, and I thank you for your awesome input.

petegz28
09-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Pollard whiffed on how many tackles? And Petro wanted to put him as an LB so the play can develop in front of him? Hello...that is what happens as Saftey.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2009, 10:41 AM
And now DJ's getting the much needed criticism.

doomy3
09-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Not just anything. It's relevant to current discussion, and I thank you for your awesome input.

Yeah you're right. Once I re-read the first post in the thread, it's clear I was just missing the groundbreaking content. I mean, this is great stuff here:

As if getting the shaft over Pollard wasn't enough, I'm now listening to 810 where Petro is being critical of the cut and supporting BP.

And the Taylor cut too.

nychief
09-08-2009, 10:43 AM
I think that this conversation should also include talk of Dajuan Morgan's camp. I think that that Morgan showed up at the end of camp - making plays - and flying all over the field...making Pollard expendable.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Yeah you're right. Once I re-read the first post in the thread, it's clear I was just missing the groundbreaking content. I mean, this is great stuff here:

It's good to admit your mistakes and man-up; I am so proud of you.

CoMoChief
09-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Special teams would have been okay but I think he was being made an example of and it only cost us a special teams player. Message should have been delivered.

Exactly what message is that? That anyone can be cut? I think everyone already knows that.

Point is we don't have hardly ANY talent on this football team, there are holes everywhere. ST have sucked ever since DV left. We need good ST players. Pollard was shit on defense. but the guy can make plays on ST.

ChiefsDJ56
09-08-2009, 10:54 AM
If Pollard and Taylor were so good, why has no one else picked them up yet? I am not sure why everyone is so upset about their release. I am all for getting rid of all of Herm's garbage and starting fresh. The Chiefs are not going to win the Super Bolw this year, or next, so what's the point of keeping someone who just fills up a roster spot and may block one kick this year. Maybe we'll only lose by 10 instead of 13......Let Haley and Pioli do what they do and if it doesn't work out then you can start bitching. But we know that the Herm and Carl was didn't work.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2009, 10:55 AM
If Pollard and Taylor were so good, why has no one else picked them up yet? I am not sure why everyone is so upset about their release. I am all for getting rid of all of Herm's garbage and starting fresh. The Chiefs are not going to win the Super Bolw this year, or next, so what's the point of keeping someone who just fills up a roster spot and may block one kick this year. Maybe we'll only lose by 10 instead of 13......Let Haley and Pioli do what they do and if it doesn't work out then you can start bitching. But we know that the Herm and Carl was didn't work.

Petro compared Pioli to Carl. That's gotta' sting.

Reerun_KC
09-08-2009, 10:55 AM

This is when the Chiefs will turn the corner and become a NFL team agian. Herm left us very little in the ways of talent. His evaluation skills that everyone praise are shit at best!

CoMoChief
09-08-2009, 10:59 AM

Who's gonna backup Albert at LT? Santa Claus?

smittysbar
09-08-2009, 11:01 AM
I am floored that nobody picked him up.

ChiefsDJ56
09-08-2009, 11:02 AM

If Albert goes down with an injury, their screwed no matter what at this point. They obviously did not think that Taylor has the skills to perform at a high enough level, so if they need a backup, they'll take their chances with someone else. If Taylor gets signed somewhere else and ends up being an impact player then I'll be pissed, but come one.....we're talking about a guy who couldn't start for one of the worst O-lines in the league. He is the least of my worries.

nychief
09-08-2009, 11:05 AM

That's just silly, Santa Claus is not on the roster. He plays for the Bengals.

Mr. Kotter
09-08-2009, 11:06 AM

Someone will sign him next week....after they don't have to guarantee his salary.

Frankie
09-08-2009, 11:09 AM

And the Taylor cut too.

Has either been signed by another team? I sure hope we sign Taylor back and give him a better opportunity at guard or backup LT.

Sweet Daddy Hate
That's just silly, Santa Claus is not on the roster. He plays for the Bengals.

LMAO

Has either been signed by another team? I sure hope we sign Taylor back and give him a better opportunity at guard or backup LT.

Not yet.

beach tribe
I think that this conversation should also include talk of Dajuan Morgan's camp. I think that that Morgan showed up at the end of camp - making plays - and flying all over the field...making Pollard expendable.

I actually think Morgan is going to end up with the FS spot.

I hope Mike Brown doesn't get hurt, and is half the player Billay thinks he's gonna be.

BigRedChief
09-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Exactly what message is that? That anyone can be cut? I think everyone already knows that.

Point is we don't have hardly ANY talent on this football team, there are holes everywhere. ST have sucked ever since DV left. We need good ST players. Pollard was shit on defense. but the guy can make plays on ST.I was assuming it was some sort of message. Why else would he be cut? He can defintely play special teams in the NFL, especailly on our piss poor team, but he was cut.

mikey23545
09-08-2009, 11:11 AM
<b>Great; now I have to be nice to Petro for a while.</b>

Yeah, like he even knows you're alive, Claythan....

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Great; now I have to be nice to Petro for a while.

Yeah, like he even knows you're alive, Claythan....

MIKEY SIGHTING! Well, close up shop everybody and call it day; Mikey has blessed us with his presence and awesome wit and takes!
B-deep, b-deep, b-deep; that's all folks!

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/GIF_saftey_guy_suicide.gif

LaChapelle
09-08-2009, 11:14 AM
The Ravens picked up Pollard to interrogate him for info on the Chiefs. He didn't know anything.

bowener
09-08-2009, 11:20 AM
The NFL has spoken, Pollard and Taylor suck ass.

Has anyone even picked them up yet? For at least practice squad?

If no, then it seems to show that we were right in cutting them.

Maybe there is more to the BP cutting too, maybe he took a shit on the locker room floor or something...

DeezNutz
09-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Petro was supporting Pollard only in the role as a STer.

Soren killed him on his defensive "skills," so it wasn't exactly a glowing endorsement by any means.

beach tribe
09-08-2009, 11:24 AM

Sarcasm?

beach tribe
09-08-2009, 11:25 AM

Nope.

HemiEd
09-08-2009, 11:27 AM
BP is just the latest, in a long line of 2nd round bust for the Chiefs, nothing new here.

But at least they got a 2nd for Tony, double the pleasure.

Hopefully the trend changes with Pioli.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Petro was supporting Pollard only in the role as a STer.

Soren killed him on his defensive "skills," so it wasn't exactly a glowing endorsement by any means.

Right. At the time I made the post, he hadn't gotten in to that yet. But you are correct.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2009, 11:32 AM

If no, then it seems to show that we were right in cutting them.

Maybe there is more to the BP cutting too, maybe he took a shit on the locker room floor or something...

He had a blow up with Clancy and Haley.

DaWolf
09-08-2009, 11:35 AM
The bottom line to me is who cares. Debating whether or not to keep guys who haven't done anything to help you win is pointless. You replace them with someone else who does the job that they're supposed to do and help you win games.

If the Pats can cut guys like Milloy and Law and still win championships, we can cut Pollard and Taylor and win more than 2 freakin' games...

ChiefsDJ56
09-08-2009, 11:43 AM
The bottom line to me is who cares. Debating whether or not to keep guys who haven't done anything to help you win is pointless. You replace them with someone else who does the job that they're supposed to do and help you win games.

If the Pats can cut guys like Milloy and Law and still win championships, we can cut Pollard and Taylor and win more than 2 freakin' games...

:clap:

ChiefsDJ56
09-08-2009, 11:45 AM
And the arguement that he was great on ST doesn't do much for me either. Even if he was a stud on ST, our ST have sucked since DV left. So he obviously must not be helping that much. Get rid of all the garbage from the past regime and start new.

Titty Meat
09-08-2009, 01:39 PM
What? You said Pollard sucked.

BarrySPAMAID
09-08-2009, 02:56 PM
RoR, my bro....I understand.

Look, some may have noticed me being quiet. Maybe nobody noticed at all. I don't care. The cut of Bernard Pollard AND Herb Taylor came as a shock to me as well. As most of you know, BP is one of my favorite players, and this one stung a little bit. Evidence of that can be found in my most recent blog.

Look man, I trust this staff, and this general manager. I will not pretend to agree with everything they do, NOR will I botch when something goes down that I might not agree with. I think the direction of this football team is clear, and I still think this football team can win this year.

Regardless, they have to start now. Farewell Bernard Pollard. You were entertaining. This is the NFL, and just like good ole Jerry down in Atlanta said so many years ago...

That stands for ..NOT FOR LONG.

I trust Scott Pioli. I trust Todd Haley

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2009, 03:16 PM
What? You said Pollard sucked.

I never said he sucked at ST.
You know what? Who fucking sucks more; a player brought in to the league under the worst coaches in the history of the franchise, a Head Coach and D-Coord that couldn't get thorns from a fucking cactus in the desert if they tried much less make an average guy better OR, the dumb fuck GM who signs a Quarterback for 60 fucking million dollars and makes no provision to protect his investment?

I have a pretty good idea of what "doing it our way" means in the case of Pollard. He wasn't great, but he probably has more common sense in his Kong-sized dong than Pioli has in his entire fucking body.

Titty Meat
09-08-2009, 03:24 PM
I never said he sucked at ST.
You know what? Who ****ing sucks more; a player brought in to the league under the worst coaches in the history of the franchise, a Head Coach and D-Coord that couldn't get thorns from a ****ing cactus in the desert if they tried much less make an average guy better OR, the dumb **** GM who signs a Quarterback for 60 ****ing million dollars and makes no provision to protect his investment?

I have a pretty good idea of what "doing it our way" means in the case of Pollard. He wasn't great, but he probably has more common sense in his Kong-sized dong than Pioli has in his entire ****ing body.

That was random. I bashed Pioli too but lets see how the season goes.

Micjones
09-08-2009, 03:26 PM
I tend to agree with Soren.
I think both of these players should still be on this roster.
Don't think Pollard's a starter? Fine... Put Brown in his spot, but that guy should never have been cut outright. He does contribute to Special Teams.