PDA

View Full Version : Royals Moore to have online chat with fans today at 3:00

petegz28
09-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Dayton Moore, Senior VP-Baseball Operations/General Manager
Royals General Manager Dayton Moore will answer questions from fans on Tuesday, September 8th at 3:00 p.m. CT during the live monthly online Royals Relay chat. Moore was named Senior Vice President-Baseball Operations/General Manager on May 30, 2006. He officially assumed his duties, becoming the sixth general manager in franchise history, on June 8. Moore, a native of Wichita, Kan., brought an impressive resume to the Royals in 2006. He had previously worked for the Atlanta Braves organization since 1994, most recently serving as Assistant General Manager/Baseball Operations since August, 2005. More Info »
The Royals will host an online chat session on the first Tuesday of every month*, including during the offseason. Guests will include players and coaches as well as front office staff.

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/fan_forum/chat.jsp?c_id=kc

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2009, 12:40 PM
:popcorn:

pr_capone
09-08-2009, 12:40 PM
That chat better be moderated because if it isnt.... holy sheet, there will be a slew of profanity.

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2009, 12:42 PM
That chat better be moderated because if it isnt.... holy sheet, there will be a slew of profanity.

Oh, it will be moderated. Heavily.

I'd be willing to bet they only cherry pick the "true fan" questions.

Kyle DeLexus
09-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Bryce Harper

DeezNutz
09-08-2009, 12:45 PM
"Have you learned how to understand defensive statistics?"

"Please explain why fans should trust 'The Process' when the organization's approach to the draft has taken a 180."

"Why have you periodically taken credit for the drafting of Luke Hochevar? And now that he's resumed his regularly scheduled sucking, do you still claim him as your pick?"

"Do you take responsibility for the overuse and subsequent injuries of Meche and Bannister?"

"Looking at the contracts of Farnsworth, Guillen, Jacobs, and our two backup catchers on paper...have you ever felt more foolish? In your ****ing life? Please explain why this misuse of money alone should NOT justify your firing."

"What will your excuses be when Moosetacos and Crow are failures, as they will be soon?"

"Please explain how a team could draft a player at #3 overall who can, literally, not see."

DeezNutz
09-08-2009, 12:47 PM
"What was your thought process in putting together a team that anyone could see on paper couldn't do three small things: hit for power, average, or catch the ball?"

"How will this organization start taking steps to fuck up Billy Butler?"

Fish
09-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Yeah.... I'll have several windows open for easy access to various cut/n/paste profanities.

Demonpenz
09-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Would you consider this season an abortion, disaster, or complete cluster fuck? Maybe a combiation of 3?

Coogs
09-08-2009, 01:05 PM
The Royals are still playing baseball?

Demonpenz
09-08-2009, 01:07 PM
The Royals are still playing baseball?

that would be a funny, appropriate, sad, and brilliant question to ask him.

DeezNutz
09-08-2009, 01:09 PM
that would be a funny, appropriate, sad, and brilliant question to ask him.

Is DM smart enough to grasp this?

I'm going with.......................................no fucking chance.

Mr. Krab
09-08-2009, 01:10 PM
"What have you done to earn a contract extension?"

Hammock Parties
09-08-2009, 01:11 PM
"Who would you want to marry if you were of oppsite sex?"

Deberg_1990
09-08-2009, 01:12 PM
DM:

"Lots of great baseball still left this season!"

'We still have Butler and Grienke to keep you excited!"

"Bring the entire family out to the K. $3 merry go round rides for the kids!"

Demonpenz
09-08-2009, 01:14 PM
DM:

"Lots of great baseball still left this season!"

'We still have Butler and Grienke to keep you excited!"

"Bring the entire family out to the K. $3 merry go round rides for the kids!"

merry go round on the bases provided by the bullpen

WilliamTheIrish
09-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Where do the barnyard animals go in a rainstorm, Dayton?

WilliamTheIrish
09-08-2009, 01:19 PM
If a train leaves Penn Station traveling 90 mph toward Hartford, and at that very second a ball is hit to RF in Fenway Park traveling at 106 MPH with the bases loaded, will the train reach Hartford before Miguel Olivo gets forced out at home plate?

Take your time, Dayton.

DeezNutz
09-08-2009, 01:31 PM
"When Hillman arrived, he has now (in)famously claimed that this team would be fundamentally sound. Given that he's received your endorsement, will you please explain how Hillman's original claim is accurate?"

Hammock Parties
09-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Do you wash your legs?

Titty Meat
09-08-2009, 01:58 PM
the screen name "royalssuck" is already taken lol

Saulbadguy
09-08-2009, 01:59 PM
On my signal, unleash hell.

Kyle DeLexus
09-08-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm installing the plugin anything interesting so far?

Demonpenz
09-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Eisenrichpowerjew99: Do you expect to sign any free agents next year

Dayton Moore: We will keep our optios open, there are several that our scouts are scouting right now

StLouisLovesStinkyPujols: Do you expect to compete with the mighty Redbirds next year?

Dayton Moore: we respect the alternative lifestyle community, but we have no plans for gay pride day next year.

ZeldaLover: How do you get more than one Magical Flute on mario 3

Dayton Moore: the white boxes, if you press down to duck you can go behind the scenes to go to a magic door, there I recommend you go to big world (ken harvey's favorite)

DJJasonp
09-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Have you ever stopped to consider the notion that you might be the first GM in history to build a team that has neither speed, power, or defensive skills?

How are you going to feel at the 2011 all-star game when the home team has no starter representing the club, no batter in the home-run derby, and the highlight of the weekend is an appearance by Brett at the celebrity/legends softball game???

Kyle DeLexus
09-08-2009, 02:38 PM
has to be the slowest chat ever

Fish
09-08-2009, 02:52 PM
This is absurdly slow, and amounts to nothing more than a canned PR move that will avoid tough questions just the same as it's always been. There is about zero back and forth communication between fans and Moore. I've submitted several questions, and haven't seen anything for almost 30 minutes.

This is pathetic.

Kyle DeLexus
09-08-2009, 03:02 PM
This is absurdly slow, and amounts to nothing more than a canned PR move that will avoid tough questions just the same as it's always been. There is about zero back and forth communication between fans and Moore. I've submitted several questions, and haven't seen anything for almost 30 minutes.

This is pathetic.

Agree this is without a doubt the worst live chat I've ever seen.

Saulbadguy
09-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Eisenrichpowerjew99: Do you expect to sign any free agents next year

Dayton Moore: We will keep our optios open, there are several that our scouts are scouting right now

StLouisLovesStinkyPujols: Do you expect to compete with the mighty Redbirds next year?

Dayton Moore: we respect the alternative lifestyle community, but we have no plans for gay pride day next year.

ZeldaLover: How do you get more than one Magical Flute on mario 3

Dayton Moore: the white boxes, if you press down to duck you can go behind the scenes to go to a magic door, there I recommend you go to big world (ken harvey's favorite)
:clap:

Fish
09-08-2009, 03:22 PM
From royalsrandy: Can (you) explain why an organization with a stated emphasis on OBP signed or acquired players such as Mike Jacobs, Yuniesky Betancourt, and Jose Guillen? All these moves were predicted to fail by “stats people.”

From kcbottom9: Can you understand the anger in the Royal’s blogosphere that you got a 4 year extension in the middle of a potential 100 loss season?

blazzin311
09-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Agreed I've also posted several questions. Probably 5 or 6 for sure since the chat had started. Didn't see a single response to any of them. This is a complete joke. LMAO

gblowfish
09-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Dayton: What does David Glass Ass Taste Like?

CoMoChief
09-08-2009, 03:55 PM
"So when do we trade away Greinke to the Yankees?"

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Haha...haha...hahahahahaaa!

Worst...idea...ever.

Fish
09-08-2009, 04:56 PM
I really hope the results from this pathetic waste of time are made apparent by the media....

CoMoChief
09-08-2009, 04:57 PM
I really hope the results from this pathetic waste of time are made apparent by the media....

Yeah right............even though it most definately should.

petegz28
09-08-2009, 08:15 PM
I wish he would explain why we have the worst 3rd base coach in baseball as I watch the guy wave Betencourt home when the LF fielded the ball while Yuni was still 2 steps from 3rd. Needless to say he was shot by a mile.