PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Has Tony Gonzales ever blocked a punt or FG?

Kylo Ren
09-08-2009, 01:39 PM
......... I think he did during his rookie year. Anyone recall? I can't find any blocked put / FG stats for him. :hmmm:

Soren Petro was just saying on his radio show that Pollard was the only Chief to block a punt since Albert Lewis that he could remember. He was asking his listeners if they remembered anyone else blocking a punt. I know it sounds odd, but I remember Tony G blocking a punt or FG during his rookie year. But, I couldn't remember if it was a punt or FG. I called the radio station, but didn't have time to wait on hold.

The Franchise
WTF!?

Hammock Parties
He blocked a punt against the 49ers in 97.

Hey, does anyone know if Greg Hill ever scored a touchdown?

Titty Meat
09-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Alberto Gonzales?

Stinger
09-08-2009, 01:40 PM
......... I think he did during his rookie year. Anyone recall? I can't find any blocked put / FG stats for him. :hmmm:

Thought he had one against Steve Young's 49er's and the infamous game at Arrowhead?? Maybe I am mistaken.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Yup the 49ers game, that was my first chiefs game i ever attended

J Diddy
09-08-2009, 01:42 PM

Dunno but he Was all world at warming up

Demonpenz
09-08-2009, 01:43 PM
It wouldn't be surprising he used to play basketball

WilliamTheIrish
09-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Did Brain Shay make an NFL roster?

Gunther fan, you are - by light years in measurement - the worst member of this board.

You stupid F.

Hog's Gone Fishin
I don't know but I'M PRETTY SURE BERNARD POLLARD DID !!!!!!!!

tomahawk kid

Yes - his rookie year. I believe I have the magnetic tape to prove it.

If you have the 1994 season team highlight video - I think its on there as well.

Mojo Jojo
09-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Yes he did block a field goal, but it typical Tony form he didn't want to play special teams and didn't after about his third season.

Remember when the Chiefs played starters on special teams and Albert Lewis (Pro Bowler) blocked a put in three straight games? Kevin Ross and Stephone Paige would be on field blocking punts and making tackles.

There was a game in San Diego when Neil Smith blocked two field goals, and the Chiefs end up winning by 1 or 2 points.

I guess Tony was just too god to waste time on special teams.

WilliamTheIrish
09-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Yes he did block a field goal, but it typical Tony form he didn't want to play special teams and didn't after about his third season.

Remember when the Chiefs played starters on special teams and Albert Lewis (Pro Bowler) blocked a put in three straight games? Kevin Ross and Stephone Paige would be on field blocking punts and making tackles.

There was a game in San Diego when Neil Smith blocked two field goals, and the Chiefs end up winning by 1 or 2 points.

In that N. Smith SD game, he also committed two PF that led to SD points. That blocked FG made up for it tho.

Frazod
09-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Yup the 49ers game, that was my first chiefs game i ever attended

Wasn't the final score something like 44-9? IIRC they were pretty heavily favored, too.

God what a game that was. Wish I'd been there.

Saulbadguy
09-08-2009, 01:53 PM

Gunther fan, you are - by light years in measurement - the worst member of this board.

You stupid F.
:LOL:

Demonpenz
09-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Richard Dent and Derrick Thomas were in the backfield the whole gae for both teams

Mr. Arrowhead
09-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Wasn't the final score something like 44-9? IIRC they were pretty heavily favored, too.

God what a game that was. Wish I'd been there.
Yea it was nuts, Arrowhead that day was quite a first impression for me

Deberg_1990
09-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Has Matt Cassel ever blocked a punt?

Kylo Ren
09-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Soren Petro was saying that Pollard was the only Chief to block a punt since Albert Lewis. He was asking his listeners if they remembered anyone else blocking a punt. I know it sounds odd, but I remember Tony G blocking a punt or FG during his rookie year. But, I couldn't remember if it was a punt or FG. I called the radio station, but didn't have time to wait on hold.

Hammock Parties
09-08-2009, 02:13 PM
It was definitely a punt. I have the video.

Petro = maroon

Monty
09-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Yes - his rookie year. I believe I have the magnetic tape to prove it.

If you have the 1994 season team highlight video - I think its on there as well.

I'll always remember that TD as Hill was in the endzone doing some horrible attempt at a dance and Grunny came over and made him stop.... LMAO

BigMeatballDave
09-08-2009, 02:27 PM

God what a game that was. Wish I'd been there.That was a glorious day! It was my 1st season away from KC. I watched it at a sports bar. A table nearby there were 4-5 49er fans. They didn't stay long. :thumb:

redsurfer11
09-08-2009, 02:36 PM

It was a punt that he blocked. The Chiefs stopped Tony from playing ST. His hands were too valuable. Broken fingers happen all the time with ST'ers.

Kylo Ren
09-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Well, I should send it to Soren Petro, but I've lost interest. But, if you have the video, please post it.

WilliamTheIrish
09-08-2009, 02:49 PM
The only punt block by a TE that lives on for me is the punt Keith Cash blocked against the Steelers in a w/c playoff game.

Cash blocked it, it was snatched out of the air by WR Freddy Jones, who took it to about the 7.

Cool Joe hit Tim Barnett on 4th down for the tying score. The defense held and Lowry, the biggest birth canal in history missed the 43 yard game winner in regulation.

He redeemed himself by hitting a 40 yarder in OT for the win.

WilliamTheIrish
09-08-2009, 02:49 PM
The only punt block by a TE that lives on for me is the punt Keith Cash blocked against the Steelers in a w/c playoff game.

Cash blocked it, it was snatched out of the air by WR Freddy Jones, who took it to about the 7.

Cool Joe hit Tim Barnett on 4th down for the tying score. The defense held and Lowry, the biggest birth canal in history missed the 43 yard game winner in regulation.

BigMeatballDave
09-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Didn't Mike Cloud block a punt in 2000 vs. the Rams?

Kylo Ren
09-08-2009, 03:59 PM

WilliamTheIrish, you are - by light years in measurement - the worst member of this board.

You stupid F.

BigMeatballDave
09-08-2009, 04:49 PM
I'm re-watching that KC-SF game and TG did block a punt.

lostcause
09-08-2009, 05:27 PM
What a great day.... Got to call them the 49-9ers for years after. But I'm kind of dumb like that.

Kylo Ren
09-08-2009, 07:54 PM
I'm glad to see I was right about this.

stevieray
09-08-2009, 08:48 PM

You stupid F.

:shake: