PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs the ULTIMATE Jon Runyan thread. (Runyan in KC for a workout...)

Pages : [1] 2

MMXcalibur
09-08-2009, 12:44 PM
This thread is a combination of the following 3 threads...

AUSTINCHIEF- *************************************
ok, I have mentioned before that I would love to see Runyan in KC...

I decided to start my own thread about it... because... well... I can.

So, here are my reasons why...

#1 all the obvious reasons... he is a pro bowler, proven player, definite upgrade, etc etc

#2 another fairly obvious one... Ndukwe would be better used at RG and this would let him move there.

#3 now we get to the good stuff... ON THE FIELD he is a nasty, mean, dirty S.O.B.

#4 OFF THE FIELD, he is a stand up guy, nice etc...

IF he can give us 2 solid years, he is well worth the investment until we can groom someone to replace him... MOST IMPORTANTLY he sets a perfect example of what our linemen of the future should aspire to be.
<!-- / message -->
KCtotheSB*****************************************
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/08/runyan-is-ready-to-roll/

Runyan is ready to roll
Posted by Mike Florio on September 8, 2009 1:33 PM ET
As the regular season approaches, a guy who has been on the field every Sunday since 1997 still doesn't have a job.

But, by all indications, he will soon.

Per a league source, tackle Jon Runyan has been cleared to play after offseason microfracture surgery to repair an injured knee.

We're told that three teams are interested in Runyan. According to the source, Runyan rejected an opportunity to sign a contract last week because he didn't want to play for the team in question.

Oakland Raiders? We're looking at you.

Given the rule that guarantees a vested veteran's salary if he's on the Week One roster, look for Runyan to do a deal after the first games are played.

But if there are multiple teams in the mix, the one that's willing to step up and sign him now could be the one to get him.

Except for the Raiders.

I imagine we're one of the three teams that are interested, but were we the one team Runyan told to "Fuck off."?

BigEd*****************************************
Runyan in KC for a workout
<HR style="COLOR: #cccccc" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ut-runyan.html (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/biggs-source-says-chiefs-checking-out-runyan.html)

Fish
09-08-2009, 12:53 PM
If I were Runyan, I wouldn't be wild about coming to the Chiefs right now.

Mr. Krab
09-08-2009, 12:54 PM
If I were Runyan, I wouldn't be wild about coming to the Chiefs right now.
I don't know, a good RT could really make a huge difference in our season.

Micjones
09-08-2009, 12:56 PM
I don't know, a good RT could really make a huge difference in our season.

A good RT and a solid #2 WR would make a BIG difference in what this team can be.

Mr. Krab
09-08-2009, 12:57 PM
A good RT and a solid #2 WR would make a BIG difference in what this team can be.
truth

salame
09-08-2009, 12:58 PM
I wonder who he rejected a deal from

petegz28
09-08-2009, 12:59 PM
We aren't far from being a decent offense. A good RT would be one of the final pieces we need to make that happen.

If he told us to fuck off then fuck him.

ModSocks
09-08-2009, 01:09 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it were us. Maybe he isn't ready for the wrath of Haley.

Molitoth
09-08-2009, 01:12 PM
I really doubt he rejected the chiefs. Players seem to like Pioli. I mean, it's not like he had to negotiate a contract with Carl Petersen whom players knew was a cheapass. Playing for Haley, while he may be a hardass at least isn't a no-winning loser slouch like Sperm Edwards.

the Talking Can
09-08-2009, 01:13 PM
it can't be us, the experts said pioli has done nothing for weeks except play Fallout 3

rambleonthruthefog
09-08-2009, 01:13 PM
old vets love Todd Haley.

beach tribe
09-08-2009, 01:14 PM

Well it looked like Bradley was going to be our #2, and if he's healthy, I think some people are going to be in for a big surprise as far as our #2 WR goes.

DBOSHO
09-08-2009, 01:21 PM
the article says it was the raiders who he rejected.

salame
09-08-2009, 01:22 PM
the article says it was the raiders who he rejected.

it insinuates

DBOSHO
09-08-2009, 01:24 PM
it insinuates

the guy is out of work . he should take what he can get

WilliamTheIrish
09-08-2009, 01:24 PM
hicks.

DBOSHO
09-08-2009, 01:26 PM
wheres Tauscher?

WilliamTheIrish
09-08-2009, 01:26 PM
We aren't far from being a decent offense. A good RT would be one of the final pieces we need to make that happen.

If he told us to **** off then **** him.

We are light years from being a decent offense.

Runyon might be a step in the right direction. The rest of the OLine is still pretty horrible.

Adding Runyon gives us how many wins?

WilliamTheIrish
09-08-2009, 01:28 PM

It explains pretty clearly why he hasn't signed.

Given the rule that guarantees a vested veteran's salary if he's on the Week One roster, look for Runyan to do a deal after the first games are played.

DeezNutz
09-08-2009, 01:29 PM

If he told us to **** off then **** him.

Not addressing RT:

Our interior linemen are garbage. We don't have a starting caliber TE, RB, #2-3 WRs, or FB.

And we don't know if we have anything more than #2-4 QBs on the roster.

All this aside, the offense is really close.

TheGuardian
09-08-2009, 01:30 PM

Runyon might be a step in the right direction. The rest of the OLine is still pretty horrible.

Light years? No.

And a solid RT that solidifies the edge could give you as many as 3 or 4 more wins because now your quarterback can set up in the pocket and go through his reads and make better decisions. Football is generally a chain reaction and when you look at this teams biggest problem it's protection from the right side. It doesn't matter if you have Tom Brady back there if he's getting his ass kicked on every drop back.

A solid right tackle could be the difference from this team being 4-12 to 8-8.

The Franchise
09-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Light years? No.

And a solid RT that solidifies the edge could give you as many as 3 or 4 more wins because now your quarterback can set up in the pocket and go through his reads and make better decisions. Football is generally a chain reaction and when you look at this teams biggest problem it's protection from the right side. It doesn't matter if you have Tom Brady back there if he's getting his ass kicked on every drop back.

You forget that Mark Castle has no one to throw the ball to.

Skip Towne
09-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Light years? No.

This board won't tolerate 8-8

TheGuardian
09-08-2009, 01:35 PM

That Rison fella will catch some passez you wait.

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Light years? No.

What pocket?

The center and RG are getting abused.

Getting serviceable play from the RT in only part of the equation, and isn't likely to amount much in the win column.

It might keep us from going through 3 QB's instead of 2, but until the other 2 weak spots are addressed, it's not going to matter much. Guys are still pressuring the QB up the middle.

DBOSHO
09-08-2009, 01:36 PM
if we had a capable #2 wr and a good R T we would be a pretty good offense. we have a qb who can make all the throws when he has time, we have 2 pretty good rbs, and a reciever who is close to being elite. sounds similar to atlanta of last year to me.

beach tribe
09-08-2009, 01:37 PM

As I said, I really think some people are going to be surprised by Bradley, and whoever ends up in the slot is going to benefit from that.
If our QB can get any time to throw, I think there will be targets.

The Franchise
09-08-2009, 01:37 PM
What pocket?

The center and RG are getting abused.

Getting serviceable play from the RT in only part of the equation, and isn't likely to amount much in the win column.

It might keep us from going through 3 QB's instead of 2, but until the other 2 weak spots are addressed, it's not going to matter much. Guys are still pressuring the QB up the middle.

The only good thing that I can see happening from getting Runyan to play RT.....is that Ndukwe can move to RG where I think he's better suited. We still need to find a replacement for Niswanger though. That dude is fucking garbage.

Mr. Krab
09-08-2009, 01:38 PM

Adding Runyon gives us how many wins?I disagree. It depends on how well Runyon plays.

a good RT and #2 wr opens up the passing game to a decent level. A decent passing game opens up the running game to a decent level. Especially for Charles who could run draws and screens off the passing game.

This makes the offense decent

A decent offense takes some pressure off of a defense with some potiential to be decent.

I contest that a quality RT and a decent #2 receiver makes us a competitive team. Not ready for the playoffs, but competitive.

At least we wouldn't be a joke if we added 2 quality players at RT and WR.

beach tribe
This board won't tolerate 8-8

I would JIMP if we won 8 games.

DeezNutz
if we had a capable #2 wr and a good R T we would be a pretty good offense. we have a qb who can make all the throws when he has time, we have 2 pretty good rbs, and a reciever who is close to being elite. sounds similar to atlanta of last year to me.

Do we know this, definitively?

Offensively, ATL has a ton more talent than KC.

WilliamTheIrish
09-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Light years? No.

Yes, light years.

Adding Runyon doesn't stop Rudy and the TE of the day from being decidedly below average. The OLine is a shambles. And I think this team will endure the "culture of losing" for at least another season, before things are in place for the turnaround.

We win 3 w/o Runyon.

We win 4 w/ Runyon.

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2009, 01:39 PM
The only good thing that I can see happening from getting Runyan to play RT.....is that Ndukwe can move to RG where I think he's better suited. We still need to find a replacement for Niswanger though. That dude is fucking garbage.

True.

But at this point in Runyan's career, after this microfracture in his knee, who's to say he's any better than what we have?

Signing him MIGHT solve our RT problem.

IMO, there's just as good a chance it won't.

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Yes, light years.

Adding Runyon doesn't stop Rudy and the TE of the day from being decidedly below average. The OLine is a shambles. And I think this team will endure the "culture of losing" for at least another season, before things are in place for the turnaround.

We win 3 w/o Runyon.

We win 4 w/ Runyon.

Agreed.

The Franchise
09-08-2009, 01:41 PM
True.

But at this point in Runyan's career, after this microfracture in his knee, who's to say he's any better than what we have?

Signing him MIGHT solve our RT problem.

IMO, there's just as good a chance it won't.

I'd honestly sign him to a one year deal and let him battle it out with O'Connell for the starting job. I would much rather do that then neglect the RG position by keeping Ndukwe at RT. Goff is horrible...and so is Niswanger.

Titty Meat
09-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Yea just what the Chiefs need. A 35 year old linemen coming off microfracture surgery.

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2009, 01:42 PM
I'd honestly sign him to a one year deal and let him battle it out with O'Connell for the starting job. I would much rather do that then neglect the RG position by keeping Ndukwe at RT. Goff is horrible...and so is Niswanger.

I agree.

I'm just not expecting much if we do sign him, unlike others who are proclaiming that this offense is a Jon Runyan away from being good.

Lzen
09-08-2009, 01:42 PM

True. But I am not real confident in Goff, either. Need an upgrade at RG, too.

Fish
09-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Light years? No.

A 4 win difference?

ROFL

All a defense would have to do is attack the center or right guard instead of RT. One (average) RT isn't going to be able to block everything to the right of Brian Waters. Which is what is needed at this point. If you've been watching at all this preseason, you'd see that the OLine has serious issues and it's not just RT by any means.

The Franchise
09-08-2009, 01:44 PM
I agree.

I'm just not expecting much if we do sign him, unlike others who are proclaiming that this offense is a Jon Runyan away from being good.

I'm not expecting much either. I'm looking to sign him to one year deal in hopes that he can at least help keep Cassel alive back there for the year. We're still:

2 WRs
1 TE
1 OC
2 OG
1 OT
1 RB

away from being good.

TheGuardian
09-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Yes, light years.

We win 3 w/o Runyon.

We win 4 w/ Runyon.

I don't care if it's Runyan or whoever, the point is a right tackle that can solidify that edge is worth more than 1 win because of the impact on the overall offense. That's simply a fact if your achilles heel is the right tackle spot. If your quarterback can setup in the pocket and your WR's can get down the field then it opens up the playbook more and production increases. Now you've moved that 8th man from the box back out of it and the running game improves. A weak link on the edge of the line will kill every offense.

So light years? No.

DeezNutz
09-08-2009, 01:46 PM
KC fans loves them some RT.

DBOSHO
09-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Do we know this, definitively?

Offensively, ATL has a ton more talent than KC.

they are similar though.
cassel ryan
bowe white even though white is a better deep threat.
larry turner
charles norwood
Random TEs

The Franchise
09-08-2009, 01:55 PM
they are similar though.
cassel ryan
larry turner
charles norwood
Random TEs

LMAO

DBOSHO
09-08-2009, 01:56 PM
LMAO

your right they are nothing alike

DeezNutz
09-08-2009, 01:59 PM
they are similar though.
cassel ryan
larry turner
charles norwood
Random TEs

Ryan was better, even as a n00b.
Bowe and White are comparable, but what about #2-3?
Turner. And it's not even close.
Norwood. Closer if Charles would protect the football.
O-line? ATL and not close.

rad
09-08-2009, 02:00 PM
LOL @ "random TE's"...

DBOSHO
09-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Ryan was better, even as a n00b.
Bowe and White are comparable, but what about #2-3?
Turner. And it's not even close.
Norwood. Closer if Charles would protect the football.
O-line? ATL and not close.

i said if we had an oline wed be comparable. turners good but im not ready to call him better than larry until he shows another good season.

DeezNutz
09-08-2009, 02:04 PM
i said if we had an oline wed be comparable. turners good but im not ready to call him better than larry until he shows another good season.

Turner doesn't really have to do anything to be better than LJ, to be honest.

Johnson has fallen off the cliff is no longer a starting caliber RB in this league.

DBOSHO
09-08-2009, 02:05 PM

Johnson has fallen off the cliff is no longer a starting caliber RB in this league.

4.5 ypc last year. thats right up there with turner and peterson

DeezNutz
09-08-2009, 02:06 PM
4.5 ypc last year. thats right up there with turner and peterson

Dude...

DBOSHO
09-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Dude...

im just giving you the facts

Fat Elvis
09-08-2009, 02:07 PM
We should just find some old lady, sign her for the rookie minimum and then push her down to the ground before every snap. The defense would have to at least step over her sobbing body--and that would be a drastic improvment over what we've had on the right side of the line for a couple of years.

DumbHillbillies
09-08-2009, 02:25 PM

I get the sense that alot of free agents won't sign with us because they think the fan base is filled with a bunch of redneck dumb hillbillies. The free agents we do sign are usually over the hill or we overpay.

Bwana
09-08-2009, 02:34 PM
I get the sense that alot of free agents won't sign with us because they think the fan base is filled with a bunch of redneck dumb hillbillies.

:spock:

The Bad Guy
09-08-2009, 02:35 PM
LJ isn't even close to Michael Turner. Maybe Tina, but not Michael.

DBOSHO
09-08-2009, 02:38 PM
youll see...

YOULL ALL SEEEEEEE

Blindside58
09-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Jon Runyan-T-Eagles Sep. 8 - 4:53 pm et

Free agent OT Jon Runyan is reportedly working out for the Chiefs Tuesday afternoon.

Runyan (microfracture surgery) recently received full clearance to play in 2009. The veteran is on his last legs, but the Chiefs are desperate to fill their gaping hole at right tackle.
Source: National Football Post
Related: Chiefs

DBOSHO
09-08-2009, 03:04 PM

Free agent OT Jon Runyan is reportedly working out for the Chiefs Tuesday afternoon.

Runyan (microfracture surgery) recently received full clearance to play in 2009. The veteran is on his last legs, but the Chiefs are desperate to fill their gaping hole at right tackle.

so do we get 1st crack at him if we like him?

Bill Lundberg
09-08-2009, 03:04 PM

sweet

BigEd
09-08-2009, 03:05 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/biggs-source-says-chiefs-checking-out-runyan.html

Mr. Arrowhead
09-08-2009, 03:07 PM
woo hoo, but i guess pioli is not trying

KCChiefsMan
09-08-2009, 03:07 PM
bring his ass in

Kylo Ren
09-08-2009, 03:08 PM
PBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJ

Micjones

Wow... They aren't playing around with the RT spot.
Well...at least not NOW.

keg in kc
Fucking Pioli. :shake:

The Bad Guy
He's a nasty fucker. Why not.

Titty Meat
09-08-2009, 03:09 PM
I'd rather see O'Callaghan be the starter

Mr. Arrowhead
wow pioli is not trying

The Franchise
I would easily take Runyan at RT and move Ndukwe back in to the RG spot.

DBOSHO
how many years would you guys say he has left? 2?

ElGringo
09-08-2009, 03:10 PM
I guess that means we aren't the team he told to F off!!!!!

salame
09-08-2009, 03:10 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/ross_tucker/05/27/runyan/jon-runyan.jpg

chiefbowe82
09-08-2009, 03:11 PM
he's a big body

Iowanian
Short term solution, but he's better with a gimp than our current RT options.

I guess if he's in town, it's good to know that the Chiefs aren't the team he wouldn't play for...

Blindside58
I would have hated for you to read the Jon Runyan Thread you repeatin reposterer!

Mr. Arrowhead
09-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Its good move to bring him in, until we get someone next year

Chieficus

That's okay... Roaf was on his "last legs" practically too when we brought him in... Unless we have some unknown diamond in the rough, Runyan would be an immediate upgrade that might bring the line to being back close to respectable.

Blindside58
With the Chiefs Cap Room, he will not leave town without a contract.

ChiefMojo
HECK YEA!!!! He may be old, but at least it is worth the try to see if he still has anything left in the tank.

raybec 4
I would have hated for you to read the Jon Runyan Thread you repeatin reposterer!

Nice work, first in with the repostityo

The Franchise
09-08-2009, 03:13 PM
That's okay... Roaf was on his "last legs" practically too when we brought him in... Unless we have some unknown diamond in the rough, Runyan would be an immediate upgrade that might bring the line to being back close to respectable.

We still need a RG and C.....before we can be considered respectable.

Kylo Ren
09-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Hey, Willie Roaf was an injured, old veteran too.

Spicy McHaggis
09-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Sweet. Our running backs may actually be able to find some holes.

Chieficus
We still need a RG and C.....before we can be considered respectable.

Hence...: "back close to"

:)

ChiefaRoo
I'd rather see O'Callaghan be the starter

FAIL

raybec 4
09-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Sweet. Our running backs may actually be able to find some holes.

They'll just spit on em.

nychief
09-08-2009, 03:17 PM
With the Chiefs Cap Room, he will not leave town without a contract.

I think you'll see him sign a one year deal, nothing cap busting about signing this old bag of bones.

ChiefMojo
09-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Raybec your calling our so called OL "b*tches"?

The Bad Guy
09-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Move Ike to RG. Get Goff the F off this roster.

Runyan and O'Callaghan can battle it out.

Micjones
09-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Sign him up and let's roll!!!

talastan
09-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Here's to hoping he passes the physical and the Don has him under contract tonight!! :toast:

raybec 4
Raybec your calling our so called OL "b*tches"?

Oh, he said holes! I mis-read that and thought it was ho's

Red Coater
how old is he? how many years does he have left,do yall think?

Titty Meat
09-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Sign Runyan and release Thigpen

Ralphy Boy
09-08-2009, 03:21 PM

Hell no, that thread sucked!

Seriously, I'm glad he posted it because I already looked at that thread once and don't often read a thread over again.

Mr. Krab
I think he's probably still a good run blocker but i dunno if he still has the wheels to handle the outside rusher.

Bwana
Get it done.

Mr. Krab
09-08-2009, 03:22 PM
<blink>THIS THREAD RULEZ, THE OTHER RUNYAN THREAD DROOLZ!!</blink>

Red Coater
Wonder who is gonna get released. if we do sign him.

Mr. Arrowhead
Sign Runyan and release Thigpen
very much this

Mr. Arrowhead
09-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Wonder who is gonna get released. if we do sign him.
Thigpen i hope

Micjones
Move Ike to RG. Get Goff the F off this roster.

Runyan and O'Callaghan can battle it out.

I'd keep Goff as a reserve Lineman, but I tend to agree.

Micjones
Thigpen i hope

Could be Turk.

Mr. Krab
C'mon guys, we have to keep posting in this thread. We have to beat the other thread.

We can do it!!

Kylo Ren
Is he a RT, LT or both? What's his natural position? What's his best position?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Could be Turk.

Thigpen is the better option, but I think you're right. I hope we sign this guy. A pork chop is a pork chop. Especially when you're surrounded by a bunch of tofu.

Mr. Krab
09-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Pure Right tackle and a nasty one at that.

colt459
09-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Found this poll from Espn given to players about a year ago.

sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?page=hotread7/seifert
(can't hyperlink yet....)
Here is the part about John Runyan

Tennessee cornerback Cortland Finnegan would prefer to avoid Eagles offensive tackle Jon Runyan (above). "He's a nasty player," Finnegan says of the 6-7, 330-pound Runyan.
Tennessee Titans cornerback Cortland Finnegan is regarded as a fearless player, aggressive in coverage and against the run. Ask him about a nightmare scenario, and it doesn't take him long to come up with one involving a notorious Philadelphia Eagles tandem.
"A screen with Jon Runyan with [Brian] Westbrook behind him," he said. "One-on-one with Runyan with Westbrook behind him for a touchdown. Oh my goodness. I know I am going to have to go through him if it's for a touchdown. I'm just thinking about what body part I am going to use that could be injured. Shoulder? Neck? Back? Those three things I would be highly worried about with Runyan.

"I think if you go low on Runyan, he may drop the knee somewhere. So I think you have to stay high and just let him baptize you. That's probably what I would do. You know when you go backwards and your head hits first and you wake up as if somebody baptized you or blessed you? I think that would be Runyan right there, all day, every day."
Philadelphia's Runyan, the only active player in the league who suited up for the Houston Oilers, is in his 13th season. Finnegan has played against the Eagles only once, his rookie season in 2006, and encountered Runyan just once in that game.
"He plays the game at a high level, he's a nasty player," Finnegan said of the 6-7, 330-pound Runyan. "He got his hands on me when we played Philly and he threw me about 25 yards away from the play, and the play wasn't even around me. So I just know if he got his hands on me and he was the lead blocker on a screen that it could be detrimental to my health."

Mr. Arrowhead

RT

Kylo Ren
Wonder who is gonna get released. if we do sign him. One of our 10 LBs.

ct
LJ isn't even close to Michael Turner. Maybe Tina, but not Michael.

More like Ike, not Tina. Yea that's right, I said it.

Micjones
09-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Found this poll from Espn given to players about a year ago.

sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?page=hotread7/seifert
(can't hyperlink yet....)
Here is the part about John Runyan

Tennessee cornerback Cortland Finnegan would prefer to avoid Eagles offensive tackle Jon Runyan (above). "He's a nasty player," Finnegan says of the 6-7, 330-pound Runyan.
Tennessee Titans cornerback Cortland Finnegan is regarded as a fearless player, aggressive in coverage and against the run. Ask him about a nightmare scenario, and it doesn't take him long to come up with one involving a notorious Philadelphia Eagles tandem.
"A screen with Jon Runyan with [Brian] Westbrook behind him," he said. "One-on-one with Runyan with Westbrook behind him for a touchdown. Oh my goodness. I know I am going to have to go through him if it's for a touchdown. I'm just thinking about what body part I am going to use that could be injured. Shoulder? Neck? Back? Those three things I would be highly worried about with Runyan.

"I think if you go low on Runyan, he may drop the knee somewhere. So I think you have to stay high and just let him baptize you. That's probably what I would do. You know when you go backwards and your head hits first and you wake up as if somebody baptized you or blessed you? I think that would be Runyan right there, all day, every day."
Philadelphia's Runyan, the only active player in the league who suited up for the Houston Oilers, is in his 13th season. Finnegan has played against the Eagles only once, his rookie season in 2006, and encountered Runyan just once in that game.
"He plays the game at a high level, he's a nasty player," Finnegan said of the 6-7, 330-pound Runyan. "He got his hands on me when we played Philly and he threw me about 25 yards away from the play, and the play wasn't even around me. So I just know if he got his hands on me and he was the lead blocker on a screen that it could be detrimental to my health."

LMAO

Damn Cortland. Shine shoes much?

doomy3
09-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Let's get him signed. He has been a productive player in the league. I'm sure he is close to done, but if he can buy us at least a year so we can look at the OL again next offseason, I'm all for it.

Not to mention, having a veteran that has had success in the league could be good for guys like O'Calligan and Richardson.

Reerun_KC
09-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Great, now we will have more holes in the line for LJ to fall over in...

Titty Meat
Theres no reason to carry 4 QBs and only 8 linemen

ChiefMojo
I would keep Goff as a back-up if Ike beat him out. Does anyone know if Alleman is challenging Niswanger?

Kylo Ren
LT - Albert, O'Callahan
RT - Runyan, Ndukwe
PS - Richardson

Now that would be pretty good.

Red Coater
so our O line should be ok. or decent

JuicesFlowing
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6695/images2pd.jpg

unothadeal
09-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Runyan Ave Souljas
http://musicremedy.com/webfiles/artists/D12/D12-02-big.jpg

Mr. Arrowhead

prolly still below average, but that better than pitiful

Mr. Krab
Runyan is coming off of knee surgery, we just don't know yet. Don't forget we still have Niswanger at center. :huh:

Hammock Parties
09-08-2009, 03:32 PM
http://uk.hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=3666&team=21&page=enc

7 sacks allowed last year.....not great...

Hammock Parties
09-08-2009, 03:33 PM
LT - Albert, O'Callahan
RT - Runyan, Ndukwe
PS - Richardson

That would suck ass /milkman

Thig Lyfe
09-08-2009, 03:34 PM
HECK YEA!!!! He may be old, but at least it is worth the try to see if he still has anything left in the tank.

All he has in his tank are "the ropes."

Dave Lane
09-08-2009, 03:35 PM

Its not about wins its about non killed QBs

JuicesFlowing
09-08-2009, 03:35 PM

The same amount of sacks that Highway 77 allowed?

Mr. Krab
09-08-2009, 03:36 PM
LT - Albert
LG - Waters
C - Allerman
RG - Ndukwe
RT - Runyan

MMXcalibur
09-08-2009, 03:38 PM

At this time of year, you've really got to lower your expectations. There's a reason a lot of these players have been cut and are still available....You're just going to have to deal with the fact that every player coming in isn't flawless.

Personally, I applaud Pioli's efforts at trying to shore up a glaring problem area in the efforts of not having our brand new mint QB in a bodybag by Week 2. It's a "quick fix", but again.....Week 1 is 5 days away.

Just Passin' By
LT - Albert, O'Callahan
RT - Runyan, Ndukwe
PS - Richardson

O'Callaghan is purely a right tackle. He'll get the QB killed if you put him on the left side.

Mr. Krab
The same amount of sacks that Highway 77 allowed?<table class="shsTable shsGriddedTable" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="shsTableTtlRow"><td colspan="10">Damien McIntosh
Career Offensive Line Stats</td> </tr><tr class="shsColTtlRow"><td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNamD">Year</td> <td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNamD">Team</td> <td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNumD">G</td> <td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNumD">GS</td> <td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNumD">Pen</td> <td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNumD">Yds</td> <td style="width: 10%;" class="shsNumD">False Start</td> <td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNumD">Holding</td> <td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNumD">Sacks Allwd</td> <td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNumD">Yds</td> </tr><tr class="shsRow0Row"><td class="shsNamD">2000</td> <td class="shsNamD">SD</td> <td class="shsNumD">3</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">0.00</td> <td class="shsNumD">0.00</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow1Row"><td class="shsNamD">2001</td> <td class="shsNamD">SD</td> <td class="shsNumD">15</td> <td class="shsNumD">14</td> <td class="shsNumD">4</td> <td class="shsNumD">20</td> <td class="shsNumD">4</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">2.50</td> <td class="shsNumD">17.00</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow0Row"><td class="shsNamD">2002</td> <td class="shsNamD">SD</td> <td class="shsNumD">10</td> <td class="shsNumD">10</td> <td class="shsNumD">6</td> <td class="shsNumD">50</td> <td class="shsNumD">3</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">1.00</td> <td class="shsNumD">20.00</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow1Row"><td class="shsNamD">2003</td> <td class="shsNamD">SD</td> <td class="shsNumD">13</td> <td class="shsNumD">13</td> <td class="shsNumD">9</td> <td class="shsNumD">55</td> <td class="shsNumD">6</td> <td class="shsNumD">2</td> <td class="shsNumD">6.00</td> <td class="shsNumD">52.00</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow0Row"><td class="shsNamD">2004</td> <td class="shsNamD">Mia</td> <td class="shsNumD">14</td> <td class="shsNumD">14</td> <td class="shsNumD">10</td> <td class="shsNumD">50</td> <td class="shsNumD">9</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">9.00</td> <td class="shsNumD">46.00</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow1Row"><td class="shsNamD">2005</td> <td class="shsNamD">Mia</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">5</td> <td class="shsNumD">30</td> <td class="shsNumD">4</td> <td class="shsNumD">1</td> <td class="shsNumD">4.00</td> <td class="shsNumD">35.00</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow0Row"><td class="shsNamD">2006</td> <td class="shsNamD">Mia</td> <td class="shsNumD">13</td> <td class="shsNumD">13</td> <td class="shsNumD">4</td> <td class="shsNumD">25</td> <td class="shsNumD">3</td> <td class="shsNumD">1</td> <td class="shsNumD">5.50</td> <td class="shsNumD">36.50</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow1Row"><td class="shsNamD">2007</td> <td class="shsNamD">KC</td> <td class="shsNumD">15</td> <td class="shsNumD">15</td> <td class="shsNumD">3</td> <td class="shsNumD">15</td> <td class="shsNumD">3</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">7.50</td> <td class="shsNumD">65.50</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow0Row"><td class="shsNamD">2008</td> <td class="shsNamD">KC</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">3</td> <td class="shsNumD">15</td> <td class="shsNumD">3</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">7.00</td> <td class="shsNumD">56.00</td> </tr> <tr class="shsColTtlRow"><td colspan="2" class="shsNamD">Totals</td> <td class="shsNumD">115</td> <td class="shsNumD">111</td> <td class="shsNumD">44</td> <td class="shsNumD">260</td> <td class="shsNumD">35</td> <td class="shsNumD">4</td> <td class="shsNumD">42.50</td> <td class="shsNumD">328.00</td></tr></tbody></table>

JuicesFlowing
<table class="shsTable shsGriddedTable" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="shsTableTtlRow"><td colspan="10">Damien McIntosh
Career Offensive Line Stats</td> </tr><tr class="shsColTtlRow"><td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNamD">Year</td> <td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNamD">Team</td> <td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNumD">G</td> <td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNumD">GS</td> <td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNumD">Pen</td> <td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNumD">Yds</td> <td style="width: 10%;" class="shsNumD">False Start</td> <td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNumD">Holding</td> <td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNumD">Sacks Allwd</td> <td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNumD">Yds</td> </tr><tr class="shsRow0Row"><td class="shsNamD">2000</td> <td class="shsNamD">SD</td> <td class="shsNumD">3</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">0.00</td> <td class="shsNumD">0.00</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow1Row"><td class="shsNamD">2001</td> <td class="shsNamD">SD</td> <td class="shsNumD">15</td> <td class="shsNumD">14</td> <td class="shsNumD">4</td> <td class="shsNumD">20</td> <td class="shsNumD">4</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">2.50</td> <td class="shsNumD">17.00</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow0Row"><td class="shsNamD">2002</td> <td class="shsNamD">SD</td> <td class="shsNumD">10</td> <td class="shsNumD">10</td> <td class="shsNumD">6</td> <td class="shsNumD">50</td> <td class="shsNumD">3</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">1.00</td> <td class="shsNumD">20.00</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow1Row"><td class="shsNamD">2003</td> <td class="shsNamD">SD</td> <td class="shsNumD">13</td> <td class="shsNumD">13</td> <td class="shsNumD">9</td> <td class="shsNumD">55</td> <td class="shsNumD">6</td> <td class="shsNumD">2</td> <td class="shsNumD">6.00</td> <td class="shsNumD">52.00</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow0Row"><td class="shsNamD">2004</td> <td class="shsNamD">Mia</td> <td class="shsNumD">14</td> <td class="shsNumD">14</td> <td class="shsNumD">10</td> <td class="shsNumD">50</td> <td class="shsNumD">9</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">9.00</td> <td class="shsNumD">46.00</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow1Row"><td class="shsNamD">2005</td> <td class="shsNamD">Mia</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">5</td> <td class="shsNumD">30</td> <td class="shsNumD">4</td> <td class="shsNumD">1</td> <td class="shsNumD">4.00</td> <td class="shsNumD">35.00</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow0Row"><td class="shsNamD">2006</td> <td class="shsNamD">Mia</td> <td class="shsNumD">13</td> <td class="shsNumD">13</td> <td class="shsNumD">4</td> <td class="shsNumD">25</td> <td class="shsNumD">3</td> <td class="shsNumD">1</td> <td class="shsNumD">5.50</td> <td class="shsNumD">36.50</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow1Row"><td class="shsNamD">2007</td> <td class="shsNamD">KC</td> <td class="shsNumD">15</td> <td class="shsNumD">15</td> <td class="shsNumD">3</td> <td class="shsNumD">15</td> <td class="shsNumD">3</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">7.50</td> <td class="shsNumD">65.50</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow0Row"><td class="shsNamD">2008</td> <td class="shsNamD">KC</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">3</td> <td class="shsNumD">15</td> <td class="shsNumD">3</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">7.00</td> <td class="shsNumD">56.00</td> </tr> <tr class="shsColTtlRow"><td colspan="2" class="shsNamD">Totals</td> <td class="shsNumD">115</td> <td class="shsNumD">111</td> <td class="shsNumD">44</td> <td class="shsNumD">260</td> <td class="shsNumD">35</td> <td class="shsNumD">4</td> <td class="shsNumD">42.50</td> <td class="shsNumD">328.00</td></tr></tbody></table>

I mean just last year, but thanks.

And it was a rhetorical question, I knew it was the same.

HotRoute
09-08-2009, 03:39 PM
should bring in D. Brooks too. now that Z.thomas was a dud.

Hammock Parties
09-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Jesum crow, D-Mac had 9 false starts one year.

Mr. Krab
09-08-2009, 03:40 PM
<table class="shsTable shsGriddedTable" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="shsTableTtlRow"><td colspan="10">Todd Runyan

Career Offensive Line Stats</td> </tr><tr class="shsColTtlRow"><td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNamD">Year</td> <td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNamD">Team</td> <td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNumD">G</td> <td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNumD">GS</td> <td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNumD">Pen</td> <td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNumD">Yds</td> <td style="width: 10%;" class="shsNumD">False Start</td> <td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNumD">Holding</td> <td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNumD">Sacks Allwd</td> <td style="width: 9%;" class="shsNumD">Yds</td> </tr><tr class="shsRow0Row"><td class="shsNamD">1996</td> <td class="shsNamD">Hou</td> <td class="shsNumD">10</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">1</td> <td class="shsNumD">5</td> <td class="shsNumD">1</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">0.00</td> <td class="shsNumD">0.00</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow1Row"><td class="shsNamD">1997</td> <td class="shsNamD">Ten</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">6</td> <td class="shsNumD">40</td> <td class="shsNumD">5</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">5.75</td> <td class="shsNumD">39.75</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow0Row"><td class="shsNamD">1998</td> <td class="shsNamD">Ten</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">5</td> <td class="shsNumD">47</td> <td class="shsNumD">2</td> <td class="shsNumD">1</td> <td class="shsNumD">6.00</td> <td class="shsNumD">40.00</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow1Row"><td class="shsNamD">1999</td> <td class="shsNamD">Ten</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">4</td> <td class="shsNumD">30</td> <td class="shsNumD">2</td> <td class="shsNumD">1</td> <td class="shsNumD">4.50</td> <td class="shsNumD">33.00</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow0Row"><td class="shsNamD">2000</td> <td class="shsNamD">Phi</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">3</td> <td class="shsNumD">25</td> <td class="shsNumD">2</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">9.00</td> <td class="shsNumD">55.00</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow1Row"><td class="shsNamD">2001</td> <td class="shsNamD">Phi</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">6</td> <td class="shsNumD">45</td> <td class="shsNumD">3</td> <td class="shsNumD">3</td> <td class="shsNumD">10.00</td> <td class="shsNumD">61.50</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow0Row"><td class="shsNamD">2002</td> <td class="shsNamD">Phi</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">5</td> <td class="shsNumD">40</td> <td class="shsNumD">3</td> <td class="shsNumD">1</td> <td class="shsNumD">7.50</td> <td class="shsNumD">30.00</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow1Row"><td class="shsNamD">2003</td> <td class="shsNamD">Phi</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">3</td> <td class="shsNumD">25</td> <td class="shsNumD">2</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">9.00</td> <td class="shsNumD">59.00</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow0Row"><td class="shsNamD">2004</td> <td class="shsNamD">Phi</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">3</td> <td class="shsNumD">30</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">3</td> <td class="shsNumD">6.00</td> <td class="shsNumD">28.50</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow1Row"><td class="shsNamD">2005</td> <td class="shsNamD">Phi</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">7</td> <td class="shsNumD">50</td> <td class="shsNumD">5</td> <td class="shsNumD">1</td> <td class="shsNumD">4.00</td> <td class="shsNumD">15.50</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow0Row"><td class="shsNamD">2006</td> <td class="shsNamD">Phi</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">4</td> <td class="shsNumD">25</td> <td class="shsNumD">3</td> <td class="shsNumD">1</td> <td class="shsNumD">6.00</td> <td class="shsNumD">40.00</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow1Row"><td class="shsNamD">2007</td> <td class="shsNamD">Phi</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">0</td> <td class="shsNumD">5.50</td> <td class="shsNumD">13.50</td> </tr> <tr class="shsRow0Row"><td class="shsNamD">2008</td> <td class="shsNamD">Phi</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">16</td> <td class="shsNumD">2</td> <td class="shsNumD">15</td> <td class="shsNumD">1</td> <td class="shsNumD">1</td> <td class="shsNumD">7.00</td> <td class="shsNumD">48.00</td> </tr> <tr class="shsColTtlRow"><td colspan="2" class="shsNamD">Totals</td> <td class="shsNumD">202</td> <td class="shsNumD">192</td> <td class="shsNumD">49</td> <td class="shsNumD">377</td> <td class="shsNumD">29</td> <td class="shsNumD">12</td> <td class="shsNumD">80.25</td> <td class="shsNumD">463.75</td> </tr></tbody></table>

ChiefMojo
09-08-2009, 03:41 PM
The biggest difference between Runyan and Sackintosh is that Runyan can still block his a$$ off when it comes to run plays. At this point in time, we have to do what we can when it comes to pass blocking. I would still take Runyan pass blocking than Sackintosh!

Hammock Parties
What is it with the Chiefs and right tackles named John?

John Tait
John Welbourn
Jon Runyan

Mr. Krab
I mean just last year, but thanks.

And it was a rhetorical question, I knew it was the same.
bastard

see if i ever answer a dam post from you. :harumph:

:p

kstater
09-08-2009, 03:42 PM
MOTHER FUCK SCOTT PIOLI

KevB
09-08-2009, 03:43 PM

I wonder if his ailing knee was part of the problem.....(clearly a glass half full view of things).

JuicesFlowing
09-08-2009, 03:43 PM
bastard

see if i ever answer a dam post from you. :harumph:

:p

No, I'll be more specific next time. Appreciate the charts you posted though.

BigRock
09-08-2009, 03:45 PM

You have to consider that he played most of the season on the knee injury he needed the surgery for. It wasn't like he blew out his knee all of a sudden, it was an ongoing problem he dealt with.

But with that in mind, I don't think it should be a huge surprise if he doesn't pass his physical.

tonyetony
09-08-2009, 03:45 PM

Yeah but they probably wern't the total whiff-bonecrushing-career ending type of sacks that 77 was capable of consistantly allowing.

AustinChief
09-08-2009, 03:48 PM
ok, I have mentioned before that I would love to see Runyan in KC...

I decided to start my own thread about it... because... well... I can.

So, here are my reasons why...

#1 all the obvious reasons... he is a pro bowler, proven player, definite upgrade, etc etc

#2 another fairly obvious one... Ndukwe would be better used at RG and this would let him move there.

#3 now we get to the good stuff... ON THE FIELD he is a nasty, mean, dirty S.O.B.

IF he can give us 2 solid years, he is well worth the investment until we can groom someone to replace him... MOST IMPORTANTLY he sets a perfect example of what our linemen of the future should aspire to be.

kstater
09-08-2009, 03:49 PM
The mod's limit this guy's thread starting abilities. :p

talastan
09-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Yeah but they probably wern't the total whiff-bonecrushing-career ending type of sacks that 77 was capable of consistantly allowing.

Yep just ask Hutard or Brokie about their opinion of who they'd want, Runyan or Sack o crap!

AustinChief
09-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Here is Jon breaking down the Pats D... sorta...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/09000d5d8057fee0/WK-17-Playbook-Exclusive-Jon-Runyan

L.A. Chieffan
09-08-2009, 03:51 PM
hes other teams trash! traash!

BigChiefFan
09-08-2009, 03:52 PM
I hope there's still some gas left in the tank, but switching out McInSOFT for Runyan would be a major feather in Pioli's cap. I hope we sign him and he kick ass and takes names.

wild1
You have to consider that he played most of the season on the knee injury he needed the surgery for. It wasn't like he blew out his knee all of a sudden, it was an ongoing problem he dealt with.

But with that in mind, I don't think it should be a huge surprise if he doesn't pass his physical.

Even if those were the eventual number of sacks, Damion "Spin Cycle" McIntosh let plenty of rushers through over and above his sack total. (like, all of them) Whether that man got a sack, a hurry, a knockdown, forced a bad throw, was blocked by a RB, made the QB scramble, etc. - all those things are not included in the sack total, but still reflect poorly on him.

So just like how you might come to believe McIntosh is a decent pass protector as some around here do (GoChiefs), you could only get that impression by googling stats and not knowing anything else.

JOhn
Not another n00b repost?

err ohhh wait, never mind :p

btw I love these

Bill Lundberg
Question: Has there been anyone we that was brought in for a look that we found out about that didn't sign?

Toomer - Check
Lelie - Check
Runyan - Check?

RJ
09-08-2009, 03:53 PM

If he were "great" he wouldn't be in KC for a workout.

Simply Red
09-08-2009, 03:54 PM
what's his age?

ModSocks

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/09000d5d8057fee0/WK-17-Playbook-Exclusive-Jon-Runyan

Wow. That was so insightful.

tonyetony
Its not about wins its about non killed QBs

Exactly. This offense will make 0 progress if we have to revert back to a third string QB running the offense.

Simply Red
09-08-2009, 03:55 PM
hes other teams trash! traash!

Rebuilding get over it.

BigRedChief
09-08-2009, 03:55 PM
what's his age?
Does it matter? Can he be worse than the scubs we got now?

Warrior5
09-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Short term solution, but he's better with a gimp than our current RT options.

I guess if he's in town, it's good to know that the Chiefs aren't the team he wouldn't play for...

LMAO

AustinChief
Wow. That was so insightful.

Yeah, hence the sorta... they didn't ask him to do much there... but he is a pretty bright guy, trust me.

milkman
I Jon Runyan is healthy, he's as solid a RT as you'll find in the NFL.

AustinChief
09-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Does it matter? Can he be worse than the scubs we got now?

Exactly, if we had ANYBODY that was DECENT and we could HOPE would improve... I wouldn't push so hard for Runyan... but fact is... he is our best option right now.

milkman
09-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Exactly, if we had ANYBODY that was DECENT and we could HOPE would improve... I wouldn't push so hard for Runyan... but fact is... he is our best option right now.

Not only that, but this is a guy that could, if healthy, man the position more than adequately while also actually being a mentor to a young up and comer.

bevischief
09-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Deal is done.

BigMeatballDave
09-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Wonder who is gonna get released. if we do sign him.Does it really matter?

bevischief
09-08-2009, 04:04 PM
very much this

:thumb:

WilliamTheIrish

Think of the quality of division opponents he lined up against last season.

BigRock
Question: Has there been anyone we that was brought in for a look that we found out about that didn't sign?

Toomer - Check
Lelie - Check
Runyan - Check?

They worked out Marty Booker and some others back during minicamps who never got signed. Then there were guys like Engram who were here and left and didn't actually sign until a few weeks later, though that probably wouldn't happen with Runyan.

bevischief
I'd keep Goff as a reserve Lineman, but I tend to agree.

bevischief
09-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Exactly. This offense will make 0 progress if we have to revert back to a third string QB running the offense.

tonyetony
09-08-2009, 04:06 PM
If we signed him today how long do you think it will take to get him on the field?

CoMoChief
09-08-2009, 04:08 PM
IF he's healthy......

Of course it would suck if this turned into another Kyle Turley situation.

Micjones
09-08-2009, 04:08 PM

He was just medically cleared, no?

BigRock
09-08-2009, 04:11 PM
He was just medically cleared, no?

He was cleared by his doctors to practice and such. But I haven't heard of him taking any physicals with teams yet. He's in his mid 30's with bad knees coming off microfracture surgery, I'm just saying it shouldn't be a shock if he doesn't check out.

AustinChief
09-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Quotes from Strahan and Runyan

"Holds a lot," said Strahan of Runyan, laughing. "Extremely strong. Competitive, and probably the one guy that I've played who probably stokes my fire just about more than anyone else." "It's not holding until it gets called," Runyan countered. "You can't hold him anyway, because I think his jersey is painted on."

"The biggest thing," Runyan said, "is to get hands on people. I have athletic ability, but I'm not the most athletic tackle out there. I was big in math and sciences in school; those things came easy to me. I just play the geometry game, play the angles, get in front of them and take away their angles."

R&GHomer
09-08-2009, 04:13 PM
How extensive was the knee injury? Dude is what 36? I don't give a shit, if he's an upgrade sign his ass and move dooky to RG. Dare I say it.... This gives me hope

Edit: Say what you will about Pioli, but at least he's trying to fix a glaring weakness! Peterson would be sitting on his sorry ass pretending everything was just peachy.

Micjones
09-08-2009, 04:15 PM
He was cleared by his doctors to practice and such. But I haven't heard of him taking any physicals with teams yet. He's in his mid 30's with bad knees coming off microfracture surgery, I'm just saying it shouldn't be a shock if he doesn't check out.

Gotcha. I thought maybe he might've already been tested out...

orange
09-08-2009, 04:15 PM
... MOST IMPORTANTLY he sets a perfect example of what our linemen of the future should aspire to be.

Old and brokedown?

chiefzilla1501
09-08-2009, 04:16 PM
At this time of year, you've really got to lower your expectations. There's a reason a lot of these players have been cut and are still available....You're just going to have to deal with the fact that every player coming in isn't flawless.

Personally, I applaud Pioli's efforts at trying to shore up a glaring problem area in the efforts of not having our brand new mint QB in a bodybag by Week 2. It's a "quick fix", but again.....Week 1 is 5 days away.

Yup. Keep in mind that the Eagles have a long, long, long history of not signing players over 30.

TRR
09-08-2009, 04:18 PM
The problem with signing Runyan this late is that he is guaranteed out of shape, and will need weeks to even think about competing IMO. A guy like O'Callaghan has been with a team, practicing and playing with a team. Same goes for a guy like Langston Walker. Runyan if signed, will take quite awhile to make an impact IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

jAZ
09-08-2009, 04:22 PM

If that's the nature of our new defense, then can someone please start a 4th Runyan thread so we can educate the Planet now about why we are playing so far off the WRs and how come we are letting them have so many 12 yard pass plays?

I'm already sick of the bitching about it, and I'm only imagining it at this point. :)

AustinChief
Old and brokedown?

hard working, massive mean streak and attitude when playing and a model citizen when not.

Hammock Parties
You know if Runyan can still drive a guy off the ball and Ndukwe or Alleman step up at guard, we could potentially have a very good running game this year. Bring in O'Callaghan as a "tight end" in jumbo formations.

JohnnyV13
What is it with the Chiefs and right tackles named John?

John Tait
John Welbourn
Jon Runyan

You forgot John Alt.

tonyetony
Old and brokedown?

So you hope. If he's not brokedown we'll have to endure your whining about Runyan getting away with holding when we beat you guys twice for half of our wins this year.

nychief
09-08-2009, 04:23 PM
The problem with signing Runyan this late is that he is guaranteed out of shape, and will need weeks to even think about competing IMO. A guy like O'Callaghan has been with a team, practicing and playing with a team. Same goes for a guy like Langston Walker. Runyan if signed, will take quite awhile to make an impact IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

good points, all. I guess we'll see soon enough, one way or another.

DJ's left nut
We need to wait for the Patriots to sign, then cut him.

Then he'll be Pioli material.

Mecca
If the Chiefs make moves that get Goff and Niswanger off the field that alone would help the line.

nychief
You forgot John Alt.

Alt played LT.

JohnnyV13
09-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Jesum crow, D-Mac had 9 false starts one year.

And gave up 9 sacks. Dude was owned that year.

LaChapelle
09-08-2009, 04:25 PM
I don't know this website and the thread starter has a whopping 3 posts. Any other outlets reporting this.

AustinChief
09-08-2009, 04:27 PM
If the Chiefs make moves that get Goff and Niswanger off the field that alone would help the line.

Hear, hear (or should I say "here, here" just to give it a ChiefsPlanet spelling?)

Halfcan
09-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Hey, Willie Roaf was an injured, old veteran too.

yep that is for sure

KC Dan
09-08-2009, 04:30 PM
MAKE IT SO, #1!!!

orange
09-08-2009, 04:33 PM
So you hope. If he's not brokedown we'll have to endure your whining about Runyan getting away with holding when we beat you guys twice for half of our wins this year.

I'll bet he's every bit as good as Kyle Turley for you guys. :thumb:

Hammock Parties
09-08-2009, 04:37 PM

Kyle Turley was 270 fucking pounds, moron.

The Franchise
09-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Please God sign this guy.

LT - Albert
LG - Waters
C - Niswanger
RG - Ndukwe
RT - Runyan

Next up on the chopping block......Niswanger! Please...somebody cut a center!

tonyetony
09-08-2009, 04:38 PM

Kyle Orton LMAOLMAOLMAOROFL You have your own Kyle now bitch!

orange
09-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Kyle Turley was 270 ****ing pounds, moron.

Kyle Turley
Height: 6-5 Weight: 306 Age: 33
Born: 9/24/1975 Provo , UT
College: San Diego State
Experience: 9 Seasons

He played light for the Chiefs because he was old and brokedown... like Runyan.

... er, except not nearly as old as Runyan. Sorry.

CoMoChief
09-08-2009, 04:40 PM

I love your guys' offseason thus far. Just FYI

Hammock Parties
09-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Kyle Turley

He was 270 fucking pounds when he was in Kansas City. He couldn't block for shit.

There is no comparison.

ChiefMojo
09-08-2009, 04:44 PM
JKSJFD:KFJKFJDFKD!!!!! Kyle Turley was the 270-pounds of bad back when he played for Kansas City. He wasn't the 305-pound helmet throwing monster for the Saints when he was in KC.

nychief
09-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Turley was also trying to be Tight End, no?

orange
09-08-2009, 04:47 PM
He was 270 ****ing pounds when he was in Kansas City. He couldn't block for shit.

There is no comparison.

JKSJFD:KFJKFJDFKD!!!!! Kyle Turley was the 270-pounds of bad back when he played for Kansas City. He wasn't the 305-pound helmet throwing monster for the Saints when he was in KC.

On June 6, 2005, Turley was released by the Rams and spent the entire 2005 season out of football due to the effects of sciatic nerve damage that also atrophied his right leg. After initially dropping 65 pounds from his 300-pound frame, Turley had gotten back to around the 265 mark in hopes of switching positions, possibly moving to defensive end, and relieving pressure on his back.

On May 5, 2006, Turley began a 3-day tryout with the Miami Dolphins. Hoping to rejoin the NFL as a tight end, reported to minicamp weighing 260 pounds.

Kansas City Chiefs
On June 11, 2006, it was announced that Turley signed a two-year contract with the Kansas City Chiefs. Turley has regained his previous weight and has been so impressive in training camp that had been expected to be the opening-day starting right tackle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Turley

Of course, I have NO idea how much he weighed when he was on top of you in bed.

Hammock Parties
09-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Orange, shut the fuck up. I don't care what he was listed at. He was nowhere close to 300 pounds. Consequently, he couldn't drive anyone off the ball and got pushed into the quarterback half the time by bull rushers.

The situation in no way compares to Runyan.

Messier
On June 6, 2005, Turley was released by the Rams and spent the entire 2005 season out of football due to the effects of sciatic nerve damage that also atrophied his right leg. After initially dropping 65 pounds from his 300-pound frame, Turley had gotten back to around the 265 mark in hopes of switching positions, possibly moving to defensive end, and relieving pressure on his back.

On May 5, 2006, Turley began a 3-day tryout with the Miami Dolphins. Hoping to rejoin the NFL as a tight end, reported to minicamp weighing 260 pounds.

Kansas City Chiefs
[B]On June 11, 2006, it was announced that Turley signed a two-year contract with the Kansas City Chiefs. Turley has regained his previous weight and has been so impressive in training camp that had been expected to be the opening-day starting right tackle.[B]

I don't see anything about Kyle Orton in there.

RustShack
Turley was trying out of teams as a TE when we signed him as a RT. He was playing light with us and they tried getting him to put weight back on which his back just couldn't handle.. Turley doesn't compare to Runyan in anyway.

the Talking Can
09-08-2009, 04:50 PM
i am so sick of patriot castoffs, plus pioli isn't doing anything....

Dante84
09-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Hey all... just getting home from work. I am late to the party.

Sooo.... Runyan IS in town for a workout? This isn't just pure speculation stuff?

Because if I need to call my buddy, the real estate agent, and find out if Runyan has bought a house, or a Z-Man from Okie-Joes, I can do that. I have that kind of power.

But seriously- he's in town?

boogblaster
09-08-2009, 04:52 PM
We'll take any decent OLman old or young ...

RustShack
09-08-2009, 04:52 PM
i am so sick of patriot castoffs, plus pioli isn't doing anything....

I'm assuming your joking, but I love how people get mad that we sign players Pioli knows who happen to play for the most talented team in the NFL... I mean do they want us to sign cut players from a less talented team like Detroit or what?

lostcause
09-08-2009, 04:55 PM

Kansas City Chiefs
On June 11, 2006, it was announced that Turley signed a two-year contract with the Kansas City Chiefs. Turley has regained his previous weight and has been so impressive in training camp that had been expected to be the opening-day starting right tackle.

And if it's on Wikipedia, it must be true.... but Turley was a disaster in KC, I'll grant you. However, he NEVER EVER NOT ONCE threw a left handed pick in the end zone.

LaChapelle
09-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Hey all... just getting home from work. I am late to the party.

Sooo.... Runyan IS in town for a workout? This isn't just pure speculation stuff?

Because if I need to call my buddy, the real estate agent, and find out if Runyan has bought a house, or a Z-Man from Okie-Joes, I can do that. I have that kind of power.

But seriously- he's in town?

A guy with 3 posts starts a thread that Runyan was in town. Posting a website I've not heard of as confirmation :shrug:
Then threads were combined.

Dante84
09-08-2009, 04:59 PM
A guy with 3 posts starts a thread that Runyan was in town. Posting a website I've not heard of as confirmation :shrug:

Thank you.

So, um, did he at least provide a link?

PS- this is post #500 for me.

BITCH TITS!!!!!

I wanted to do that for a while now. Thanks.

LaChapelle
09-08-2009, 05:00 PM
It got lost in the thread consolidation(link). It's in there somewhere.

WildTurkey
09-08-2009, 05:01 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Biggs-Source-says-Chiefs-checking-out-Runyan.html

orange
09-08-2009, 05:03 PM
And if it's on Wikipedia, it must be true.... but Turley was a disaster in KC, I'll grant you. However, he NEVER EVER NOT ONCE threw a left handed pick in the end zone.

... in a pre-season game on 4th down.

If that turns out to be the highlight of Chiefs Fans' season - :sulk:

Dante84
09-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Jon Runyan could be close to landing work.

A league source said that the veteran offensive tackle is in Kansas City right now for a workout.

He has recently been cleared to return to football following knee surgery.

Follow me on Twitter: BradBiggs

Anyone know any jazz about this "BradBiggs" character? Sounds like a pornstar name to me. Because my name is Brad. And because my peen is Biggs.

Titty Meat
09-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Carl and Pioli have alot in common

lostcause
09-08-2009, 05:10 PM
... in a pre-season game on 4th down.

If that turns out to be the highlight of Chiefs Fans' season - :sulk:

Well currently, outside of Tamba Hali being able to rush the passer in preseason, it's definitely one of mine. =)

Mr. Krab
09-08-2009, 05:14 PM
hard working, massive mean streak and attitude when playing and a model citizen when not.
That's it, now if Runyan doesn't work out we can now all go around yelling

Damnit Austin! :cuss:

Tiger's Fan
09-08-2009, 05:23 PM
This sounds like a Carl move
Carl would do something like this.
Why didn't we just keep Carl?
Did he play for UCLA? Is Carl still here?
Carl never struck out this many times in 6 months.
Carl>Pioli x 1000000000000000

And on and on it goes, where it stops, nobody knows.

We could sign the 03 Chiefs O-line and the same handful of girls would bitch and complain about it. It never gets old. Oh, and Pioli must be on vacation permanently.

AustinChief
09-08-2009, 05:26 PM
That's it, now if Runyan doesn't work out we can now all go around yelling

Damnit Austin! :cuss:

If he passes the physical and signs with us... yes you can.

SAUTO
09-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Not only that, but this is a guy that could, if healthy, man the position more than adequately while also actually being a mentor to a young up and comer.

maybe he's just what richardson needs, mean nasty are not words that go with rich so far

WilliamTheIrish
09-08-2009, 05:35 PM
maybe he's just what richardson needs, mean nasty are not words that go with rich so far

If you play RT in the NFC East, you better be mean and nasty.

SAUTO
09-08-2009, 05:36 PM
If you play RT in the NFC East, you better be mean and nasty.

i know. maybe that will rub off on rich

Mr_Tomahawk
09-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Don't feel like going thru this entire thread.

What is the status of Runyan? Is he really working out for us?

Cliff notes...? :D

chiefzilla1501
09-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Kyle Turley

A few big differences.

Turley was forced to lose weight because he had major back injuries and there was fear that he couldn't carry a heavy weight anymore.

Turley was never really that good. Even in New Orleans and St. Louis, he had a few games where he played well and quite a few where he was flat-out dominated.

It's a gamble for sure. But it's not nearly the same kind of ill-advised gamble as relying on Kyle Turley.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-08-2009, 05:49 PM
This is a wise move. I think Runyan's probably a broke dick dog, but if he's not, he'd be a major upgrade. We still have four OL spots that need long term solutions, but if it helps Cassel survive this year, it's worth it.

LaChapelle
09-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Don't feel like going thru this entire thread.

What is the status of Runyan? Is he really working out for us?

Cliff notes...? :D

Haley told him he could pick 22 guys off the Raider team in better shape than he was. He got pissed off and left in a Dolphin Jet.

wild1
09-08-2009, 05:54 PM
This is a wise move. I think Runyan's probably a broke dick dog, but if he's not, he'd be a major upgrade. We still have four OL spots that need long term solutions, but if it helps Cassel survive this year, it's worth it.

That is how I feel. This is your textbook situation for a stopgap. If he doesn't work out, we're only back where we were.

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2009, 06:09 PM

This.

I'm not expecting much from him, but if he proves me wrong, it would be a good move.

Now we wait to see if we actually sign him.

googlegoogle
09-08-2009, 06:16 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=old+broke+dick+dog

milkman
09-08-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm assuming your joking, but I love how people get mad that we sign players Pioli knows who happen to play for the most talented team in the NFL... I mean do they want us to sign cut players from a less talented team like Detroit or what?

Pioli is signing Steelers?

J Diddy
09-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Pioli is signing Steelers?

Yeah. Don't you read, he's gonna sign hampton.

Chieftain58
09-08-2009, 06:53 PM
AWESOME! Make it happen!............

The Bad Guy
09-08-2009, 06:55 PM
My friend who is an Eagle fan said that Runyan was flat out awesome last year. I think it's a major upgrade regardless if he has no legs.

KCrockaholic
09-08-2009, 07:01 PM
My friend who is an Eagle fan said that Runyan was flat out awesome last year. I think it's a major upgrade regardless if he has no legs.

Is he a diehard Eagles fan or just casual? Sometimes fans dont have a clue what they are talking about so they talk up a guy with a famous name because he doesnt know any better. Runyan did allow as many sacks as McIntosh last year as far as I know.

BigChiefFan
09-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Runyan HAS NEVER MISSED A GAME since he was a HOUSTON OILER. Think about that for a minute.

Red Dawg
09-08-2009, 07:36 PM

The only problem with LJ is the line is no good anymore. This is the case with most RB's Give them a solid line and they will get tons of yards.

petegz28
09-08-2009, 07:43 PM
bla bla bla....all this talk about how good Runyan is and we probably won't be able to sign him

Easy 6
09-08-2009, 07:52 PM
This would be so huge, getting us pretty well set at RT, for 09 atleast...a solid vet to start & a decent young prospect to backup.

The Bad Guy
09-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Is he a diehard Eagles fan or just casual? Sometimes fans dont have a clue what they are talking about so they talk up a guy with a famous name because he doesnt know any better. Runyan did allow as many sacks as McIntosh last year as far as I know.

He's a huge diehard fan.

Chiefs=Champions
09-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Hope is rekindled!

http://puredanger.com/techfiles/080911/gandalf-the-white.jpg

Come on Carloli, SIGN HIM!

TRR
09-08-2009, 09:16 PM
It looks like Jon Runyan was just cleared in late August to start running. I would think that Runyan would be pretty far off from contributing in a starting manner until later in the season.

Runyan would be a good player to sign, but not an automatic fix as he hasn't even been in pads since the final Philadelphia game last season. He has just been rehabbing his knee. I honestly don't think we will have a consistent line until after the bye week.

Chiefs=Champions
09-08-2009, 09:20 PM
It looks like Jon Runyan was just cleared in late August to start running.

I dont think thats a reason not to sign him though.. I mean he is playing tackle after all not WR...

chefsos
09-08-2009, 09:27 PM
I dont think thats a reason not to sign him though.. I mean he is playing tackle after all not WR...
Or, hopefully, not chasing a guy he should have blocked like Umguna Kikbuti (sp?) in that Rams game there.

Mr. Krab
09-08-2009, 09:29 PM
It looks like Jon Runyan was just cleared in late August to start running. I would think that Runyan would be pretty far off from contributing in a starting manner until later in the season.

Runyan would be a good player to sign, but not an automatic fix as he hasn't even been in pads since the final Philadelphia game last season. He has just been rehabbing his knee. I honestly don't think we will have a consistent line until after the bye week.
Which means we probably won't sign him until after the Raven's game. He won't get guaranteed contract that way either.

Easy 6
09-08-2009, 09:32 PM
it can't be us, the experts said pioli has done nothing for weeks except play Fallout 3

:LOL: