PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs New Chiefs/Ravens article.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2009, 01:14 PM
NOT sorry if repost:

FLACCO AND RAVENS SEARCHING FOR CHIEFS DEFENSIVE SCHEME
September 9th – 12:35 PM

The Chiefs are a mystery to the Ravens. After a preseason which the Chiefs kept things pretty vanilla, the Ravens aren’t quite sure what to expect from the new-look Chiefs.

“We obviously have to prepare for a handful of looks and see what kind of direction that they’re going to go in as the game goes,” QB Joe Flacco said. “Right now we understand that they are new team with a new head coach and we understand that they will come out wanting to go and fight for him. They will feel like they have something to prove.“

Simply finding a starting point to prepare for the somewhat unknown Chiefs defensive looks can be tricky. The Ravens are tossing out Chiefs tape from last season and focusing on personnel from the preseason, along with defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast’s schemes from a season ago in Arizona.

“I don’t think that you look at too much video of the actual Chiefs from last year,” Flacco said. “You look at their preseason games and then you try to get a feel for what their defensive coordinator has done in the past. That’s what we’re going to do and we’ll go from there.“

Flacco re-iterated throughout his conversation today that success against the Chiefs will be all about adjusting to defensive looks as the game goes on.

“We’ll just kind of have to see what their approach is as the game goes on,” Flacco explained. “Right now it looks like they are playing pretty well up front. Their front seven is doing a good job at stopping the run and getting to the quarterback.“

Looks like the Chiefs have the Ravens guessing on more things than just the quarterback situation.

Molitoth
09-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Doesn't really matter if the Ravens Offensive can't move the ball, the defense can score for them...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Doesn't really matter if the Ravens Offensive can't move the ball, the defense can score for them...

I know, I'm just trying to get a little up for this game is all.:D

salame
09-09-2009, 01:27 PM
OH I"M UP
http://www.manlyweb.com/sports/injuries/mcgahee.jpg

T-post Tom
09-09-2009, 01:30 PM
WE'RE GOING TO SHOCK THE WORLD! THE HUNT TROPHY IS COMING HOME!! TO THE 'SHIP!

Ok, I got it off my chest. Now move along...there's nothing to see here. :) [Edit: Not being negative as I'm still on the Pioli/Haley bandwagon. Just having fun.]

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2009, 01:31 PM
LMAO

FringeNC
The pessimism in these threads is a little over the top. Carl and Herm are gone.

So what if we lose. At least there is some hope for the future now.

keg in kc
I assume they've probably spent as much time watching Cardinals tape as they have Chiefs tape, if not more, to try and discern how the hybrid is going to work.

Titty Meat
09-09-2009, 02:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H8xfBeVrJE&feature=related

Thats what the Chiefs are going up aginst

KyleProBoller
09-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Have the Ravens checked the "Complete Idiot's Guide to Defense Play Calling"?

nstygma
09-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Have the Ravens checked the "Complete Idiot's Guide to Defense Play Calling"?not if that requires being able to read and understand text

JohnnyV13
09-09-2009, 02:21 PM
If you want to be up for the game, maybe we should post pics of raven's cheerleaders. God knows, posting pics of ours wouldnt help.

Frosty
09-09-2009, 02:22 PM
“I don’t think that you look at too much video of the actual Chiefs from last year,” Flacco said.

Because that would waste too much time trying to get everyone to quit laughing. :grr:

KyleProBoller
09-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Anyone check the SI power rankings today?

Ravens are ranked #4.

Chiefs are ranked #31.

They said:

"If I were the Chiefs, I'd be very, very careful about playing a gimpy-legged Matt Cassel at quarterback against a Baltimore defense that gets even more geeked than usual when it's playing at home. Far better to see Cassel miss a game than an entire season."

acesn8s
09-09-2009, 02:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H8xfBeVrJE&feature=related

Thats what the Chiefs are going up aginstIs that dude from Federal Hill?

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Power Rankings Smaque? :spock:

Sigh.:rolleyes:

keg in kc
09-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Listened to the audio of the press conference a few minutes ago, and he (Harbaugh) really went on about the defense and Hali. It was coachspeak, obviously, you never talk down your opponent, but he sounded genuine. Talked about how hard they play, how fast, young and talented they are.

He clearly doesn't read the planet as much as he should.

BigVE
09-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Listened to the audio of the press conference a few minutes ago, and he (Harbaugh) really went on about the defense and Hali. It was coachspeak, obviously, you never talk down your opponent, but he sounded genuine. Talked about how hard they play, how fast, young and talented they are.

He clearly doesn't read the planet as much as he should.

You lost me at Hali....

keg in kc
09-09-2009, 03:32 PM
You lost me at Hali....Flacco talked about him, too.

Bizarre, I know.

Titty Meat
09-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Whats up with the Hali hate? He looked good in pre-season the transition seems to be good compared to Turk Mcbride.

Rooster
09-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Power Rankings Smaque? :spock:

Sigh.:rolleyes:

LOL I know. Who is this clown?

BigVE
09-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Whats up with the Hali hate? He looked good in pre-season the transition seems to be good compared to Turk Mcbride.

No hate, just not much love yet. We will see soon enough, I'm rooting for the guy for his sake and for our defenses sake.

Hoover
09-09-2009, 03:43 PM
I have not felt this good about a season since we signed Lew Bush and Carlton Grey...

I mean come on folks. We have finally flushed the turd (Carl and Herm) so we have plenty of reasons to be upbeat.

I want to see progress and improvement in all phases, but I'm not expecting us to compete this year. To do so would be setting us up for a huge disappointment.

I can't wait til week 6 or so when the Chiefs start to win a few games and some start bitching about it screwing up our draft pick. This season isn't about the W/L column, its about making progress. For the first time in my adult life I feel like this franchise is on the cusp of building a winning program, not just a fluke 13-3 year with an early exit from the playoffs. Be patient, have faith.

milkman
09-09-2009, 03:46 PM

I'm rooting for Tamba.

He's the kind of person, who if successful on the football field, one can proudly point to and say he represents the best we have to offer.

To this point, however, all we have, really, is hope.

nstygma
09-09-2009, 03:47 PM
I have not felt this good about a season since we signed Lew Bush and Carlton Grey...

I mean come on folks. We have finally flushed the turd (Carl and Herm) so we have plenty of reasons to be upbeat.

I want to see progress and improvement in all phases, but I'm not expecting us to compete this year. To do so would be setting us up for a huge disappointment.

I can't wait til week 6 or so when the Chiefs start to win a few games and some start bitching about it screwing up our draft pick. This season isn't about the W/L column, its about making progress. For the first time in my adult life I feel like this franchise is on the cusp of building a winning program, not just a fluke 13-3 year with an early exit from the playoffs. Be patient, have faith.good post, i agree. however, i do expect them to compete. maybe not win, but compete. having real coaches and a new mind set has to count for something.

Saleenman607
09-09-2009, 04:00 PM

I can't wait til week 6 or so when the Chiefs start to win a few games and some start bitching about it screwing up our draft pick. This season isn't about the W/L column, its about making progress. For the first time in my adult life I feel like this franchise is on the cusp of building a winning program, not just a fluke 13-3 year with an early exit from the playoffs. Be patient, have faith.

Again.......well said.

I believe too, that improvement will commence forthwith. I have drank the koolaid. :)

PRIEST
09-09-2009, 04:09 PM

This :thumb:

rad
09-09-2009, 04:17 PM

I agree, we have flushed the turds.......but now we are staring into an empty bowl.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2009, 04:24 PM
I agree, we have flushed the turds.......but now we are staring into an empty bowl.

Nice.

milkman
09-09-2009, 04:26 PM

The bowl isn't empty yet.

ChiTown
09-09-2009, 04:27 PM

Yeah

It's going to take more than one flush to rid ourselves of the stink that has plagued Arrowhead.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2009, 04:31 PM

Truth.

acesn8s
09-09-2009, 05:11 PM
The Chiefs will win as many games as the OL allows.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2009, 05:13 PM
The Chiefs will win as many games as the OL allows.

This.

Groves
09-09-2009, 07:24 PM
It's going to take more than one flush to rid ourselves of the stink that has plagued Arrowhead.

Now that's putting things in a way I can comprehend it. A triple flusher, perhaps? Floaters?

JohninGpt
09-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Now that's putting things in a way I can comprehend it. A triple flusher, perhaps? Floaters?

Herm should have given us a courtesy flush when he was halfway done building his pile of crap.

boogblaster
09-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Herm and Carl left a stain ... but thru the ordor and the blite the Chiefs will learn again to kick and fight ....

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Low Flow is a No-Go in this house; we need industrial, Wal-Mart handicapped stall-flushing power.

OnTheWarpath15
09-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Low Flow is a No-Go in this house; we need industrial, Wal-Mart handicapped stall-flushing power.

The American Standard Champion Series.

Ask Phobia.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2009, 09:32 PM
The American Standard Champion Series.

Ask Phobia.

Champion Flushing Power.

I'm down.

Colt4540
09-09-2009, 09:55 PM
I agree there is still alot of shit still stuck to the bowl but hopefully Pioli and Haley are the "Scrubbing Bubbles" that'll clean it up.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2009, 10:03 PM
I agree there is still alot of shit still stuck to the bowl but hopefully Pioli and Haley are the "Scrubbing Bubbles" that'll clean it up.

ROFL