PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Al Saunders on 810 in a few minutes

T-post Tom
09-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Approx 5:35 CST. This should be interesting. Now an offensive consultant with the Ravens.

Hammock Parties
09-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Flacco's gonna be a stud now.

doomy3
09-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Just make up a bunch of shit like he said "I'm a baller," and other retarded things.

It worked well in the DJ thread.

keg in kc
09-09-2009, 04:35 PM
I turn on the radio and a guy's preaching to me. When did churches start putting ads on sports radio?

T-post Tom
09-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Just make up a bunch of shit like he said "I'm a baller," and other retarded things.

not so much

Mr. Krab
09-09-2009, 04:38 PM

Eat shit, assbag.

DeezNutz
09-09-2009, 04:40 PM
How's Detroit's HC doing?

I bet Al loves working with Stafford and CJ.

T-post Tom
09-09-2009, 04:55 PM
1. Will be weird to be on other side of the field from Chiefs.
2. Cam Cameron doing great job with "system".
3. Ravens should be better with the "system" in this 2nd year. This "volume offense" is easier for the QB in the 2nd year.
4. Flacco: Best quality is courage & ability to throw in the face of the rush. Bright kid. Quick delivery. Moves well in pocket. Accurate. Throws well. Unlimited potential.
5. Teams need a blend of youth and experience in the roster and Baltimore has that.
6. Todd Heap: Smart (TE's need to be). Hard worker like TG. Versatile TE's give the offense an advantage in match-ups.
7. Practicing the Ravens defense makes the Raven's offense better.
8. Strong defense sets tone for team.
9. Complimented Marty's defenses.
10. Ravens practices are very physical.
11. Wouldn't say how many potential Pro Bowlers they have on defense. Would only say that they play well as a unit.
12. Chiefs' defense looks good on video (from preseason). Pendergast gives multiple looks and creates a lot of problems. He's versatile and creative. Defensive linemen look good and play hard. Noted how many sacks had in preseason. Ravens are anticipating a very aggressive approach from the Chiefs' defense.
13. Misses KC and will retire here.

All in all: Not much info.

MahiMike
09-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Still love that guy.

JuicesFlowing
09-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Still love that guy.

Oh me too. Can you believe we had a guy called Mike Solari calling our plays?

Lord Bestyle
09-09-2009, 06:23 PM
How different would the last 3 years have been if Carl had promoted Saunders instead of hiring Herm? Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Deberg_1990
09-09-2009, 06:28 PM
How different would the last 3 years have been if Carl had promoted Saunders instead of hiring Herm? Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Not much different IMO. Carl would have still been in charge, It was an aging team, and Carl couldnt draft for sh*t.

DTLB58
09-09-2009, 06:28 PM
1. Will be weird to be on other side of the field from Chiefs.
2. Cam Cameron doing great job with "system".
3. Ravens should be better with the "system" in this 2nd year. This "volume offense" is easier for the QB in the 2nd year.
4. Flacco: Best quality is courage & ability to throw in the face of the rush. Bright kid. Quick delivery. Moves well in pocket. Accurate. Throws well. Unlimited potential.
5. Teams need a blend of youth and experience in the roster and Baltimore has that.
6. Todd Heap: Smart (TE's need to be). Hard worker like TG. Versatile TE's give the offense an advantage in match-ups.
7. Practicing the Ravens defense makes the Raven's offense better.
8. Strong defense sets tone for team.
9. Complimented Marty's defenses.
10. Ravens practices are very physical.
11. Wouldn't say how many potential Pro Bowlers they have on defense. Would only say that they play well as a unit.
12. Chiefs' defense looks good on video (from preseason). Pendergast gives multiple looks and creates a lot of problems. He's versatile and creative. Defensive linemen look good and play hard. Noted how many sacks had in preseason. Ravens are anticipating a very aggressive approach from the Chiefs' defense.
13. Misses KC and will retire here.

All in all: Not much info.

Thanks.

SAUTO
09-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Not much different IMO. Carl would have still been in charge, It was an aging team, and Carl couldnt draft for sh*t.

AND would you take 3 years of saunders/carl to not get pioli/haley?

Deberg_1990
09-09-2009, 06:32 PM
AND would you take 3 years of saunders/carl to not get pioli/haley?

No. Saunders/Carl would have never even gotten close to a ship either.

SAUTO
09-09-2009, 06:35 PM
No. Saunders/Carl would have never even gotten close to a ship either.

my point exactly. they probably would have been successful enough to still be here though

Deberg_1990
09-09-2009, 06:38 PM
my point exactly. they probably would have been successful enough to still be here though

Perhaps. Saunders/Carl would have been closer to the 8-10 win mediocrity.

SAUTO
09-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Perhaps. Saunders/Carl would have been closer to the 8-10 win mediocrity.

yep, and IMO that would have kept them their jobs.

DeezNutz
09-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Al and Carl would have been as bad as Herm and Carl.

JuicesFlowing
09-09-2009, 06:42 PM
I wouldn't want Al for his head coaching abilities. I just thought he did a good job when he was here as OC.

SAUTO
09-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Al and Carl would have been as bad as Herm and Carl.

i disagree.

Lord Bestyle
09-09-2009, 06:45 PM

Things happen for a reason; and I feel way better about or chances long term with Pioli and Haley in charge. So, no desire to undo- just playing "what if".

You're probably right; they wouldn't have sniffed a championship, but the 2006 season had some potential. No way we'd have seen the offense sputter in the playoffs against Indy.

JuicesFlowing
09-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Things happen for a reason; and I feel way better about or chances long term with Pioli and Haley in charge. So, no desire to undo- just playing "what if".

You're probably right; they wouldn't have sniffed a championship, but the 2006 season had some potential. No way we'd have seen the offense sputter in the playoffs against Indy.

I have never been more pissed in my life than watching that game. I didn't expect us to win, but when the Defense actually showed up that day, we had a chance, and all we got was a good dose of 2 yard runs up the middle. The worse offensive play-calling I have ever seen. Ever.

TEX
09-09-2009, 06:56 PM
I have never been more pissed in my life than watching that game. I didn't expect us to win, but when the Defense actually showed up that day, we had a chance, and all we got was a good dose of 2 yard runs up the middle. The worse offensive play-calling I have ever seen. Ever.

At ANY level of football...

Red Beans
09-09-2009, 07:55 PM
**** him...washed up anus. He'd run the spread if he thought of it first. He wants to milk Thiggys prostate right now.

Chiefnj2
09-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Saunders and Carl didn't get along too well. I wonder if hiring Al could have resulted in Carl leaving a year earlier. Oh well, at least we have memories of Herm.

T-post Tom
09-09-2009, 10:12 PM
I wonder if Haley would have fired Saunders as the OC this year. :hmmm:

Mecca
09-09-2009, 10:43 PM
I give John Harbaugh one thing, he has a hell of a staff.