PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Broncos and Marshall open contract talks.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-09-2009, 08:06 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/09/09/broncos-disgruntled-wr-marshall-open-contract-talks/

Yeah, they sure know how to show the players there who is boss. Please refrain from comparing McDumbass to BB from now on. Does ANYONE honestly think that BB would EVER even entertain contract talks with a tool like Marshall just weeks after making a total a$$ of himself at practice?

All I can do is: ROFL

Oh, and start a new thread.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2009, 08:14 PM
WTF is that "exercise" they're doing in the video?!?!?

"Skip to the loo, my douchebag"?!

DaFace
09-09-2009, 08:20 PM
If they weren't the Broncos, I'd almost feel bad for them. They're really in a no-win situation. You can't pay him or trade him without giving off the impression that he "won". But then, you can't just bench a guy of his caliber either.

the Talking Can
09-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Marshall made McPeePants his bitch.

Don't know if I've ever seen a player clown a franchise and coach like that.

bevischief
09-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Marshall made McPeePants his bitch.

Don't know if I've ever seen a player clown a franchise and coach like that.

We have now. Now what do we call it going forward?

ROFL

CaliforniaChief
09-09-2009, 08:43 PM
We have now. Now what do we call it going forward?

ROFL

Marshall fought the law and Marshall won?

orange
09-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Does ANYONE honestly think that BB would EVER even entertain contract talks with a tool like Marshall just weeks after making a total a$$ of himself at practice?

In a day or two we may get to see what BB does when a player kills one of his trades by not reporting.

Should be interesting.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2009, 08:47 PM
In a day or two we may get to see what BB does when a player kills one of his trades by not reporting.

Should be interesting.

Very!

Mizzou_8541
09-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Marshall, who’s scheduled to be paid just $2.2 million this season after posting back-to-back 100-catch seasons...

JUST 2.2 Million? Damn, I wish I were as unfortunate as him.

Just Passin' By
09-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Bowlen meddled in the Cutler situation, and he's probably doing that here too.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-09-2009, 09:39 PM

Should be interesting.

Rumor has it that the Chiefs could have him for a 2010 2nd round pick.

There is a difference between a guy disrespecting another franchise and disrespecting his own franchise.

It's not like he was a problem at all before the trade. I imagine that BB will be forced to take him back or trade him for lesser value somewhere else.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Bowlen meddled in the Cutler situation, and he's probably doing that here too.

ROFL:thumb:

First of all, BS. Bowlen didn't meddle. McDumbass is proving he can't handle all the responsibilities of being the head guy and Bowlen is merely running behind him cleaning up the messes from where he shat himself.

Second, lets say that Bowlen does jump in the middle of something that McDaniels has 'handled'. How little respect does that show the head coach? Is Bowlen training to be the new Al Davis when Al finally kicks off?

You can bet that Bowlen isn't doing that to Shanny... oh, and you can bet that NO owner is doing that to BB... or he would walk.

McDaniels may one day be a great coach, but it ain't today.... and it probably won't be while he is with the Broncos. Screwed up way too much already.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-09-2009, 09:48 PM
If they weren't the Broncos, I'd almost feel bad for them. They're really in a no-win situation. You can't pay him or trade him without giving off the impression that he "won". But then, you can't just bench a guy of his caliber either.

Sure you can....

First, you don't say that you 'won't' trade him. Why? Because if it is in your best interests, then you do so.

Second, you make it freaking clear that you are the boss and you bench his A$$. Not even active on Sundays. And, you get his attitude in check.

For crying out loud, the Chiefs have DJ buried on the depth chart. DJ is the most talented pure linebacker the Chiefs have... he isn't the kind of talent that Marshall is, but he is much better than any of the other linebackers in coverage.

Yet, he is benched. Why? Discipline. The way you get the 'right' 53, is to instill team before individual. You teach them to do things the right way.... the coaches way... the only freaking way.

It is funny to see fans blame Bowlen for this mess.... well, I guess Bowlen is to blame.... he did hire the kid.

Bane
09-09-2009, 09:49 PM

First of all, BS. Bowlen didn't meddle. McDumbass is proving he can't handle all the responsibilities of being the head guy and Bowlen is merely running behind him cleaning up the messes from where he shat himself.

Second, lets say that Bowlen does jump in the middle of something that McDaniels has 'handled'. How little respect does that show the head coach? Is Bowlen training to be the new Al Davis when Al finally kicks off?

You can bet that Bowlen isn't doing that to Shanny... oh, and you can bet that NO owner is doing that to BB... or he would walk.

McDaniels may one day be a great coach, but it ain't today.... and it probably won't be while he is with the Broncos. Screwed up way too much already.

Well played sir.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just Passin' By
09-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Also, the reason that Marshall got suspended in the first place was that the team had been having talks with him and/or his agent, and he was frustrated by what he perceived as the lack of satisfactory progress. He took that frustration to the field, as everyone saw.

It's not as if these talks are coming out of the blue.

Just Passin' By
09-09-2009, 10:04 PM

Bowlen said McDaniels will not report to Xanders but to Bowlen, and Xanders will report to Bowlen as well.

It puts Bowlen clearly at the top of the team's corporate flowchart, with the coach clearly directing the team's coaching staff and on-field work with a general manager coordinating scouting and personnel.

Asked if Xanders' promotion made him the team's top football executive, Bowlen responded, "That's safe to say, but the head coach is also a football executive. And they're working together, but Josh has a big job ahead of him and is obviously a very significant part of the organization and I want to make sure we understand that."

Asked who would make the final decision if there was no consensus on a player, Bowlen said, "There won't be any ties."

"I like the idea of having of having a general manager report directly to me and he has a good relationship with the new head coach as well," Bowlen said. "I don't know that I'll suddenly become a great personnel guy, watching film all the time. But I'll listen to Brian, I'll listen to anyone in the back of the building (the personnel and scouting departments) and I'll listen to the head coach.

"Let me put it this way, we'll make an informed decision that we all agree on."

http://m.rockymountainnews.com/news/2009/feb/12/xander-appointed-gm-broncos/

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Xanadoodoo.

T-post Tom
09-09-2009, 10:23 PM

You can bet that Bowlen isn't doing that to Shanny...

No, he only FIRED shanny... :shrug:

Quesadilla Joe
09-10-2009, 01:19 AM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/09/09/broncos-disgruntled-wr-marshall-open-contract-talks/

Yeah, they sure know how to show the players there who is boss. Please refrain from comparing McDumbass to BB from now on. Does ANYONE honestly think that BB would EVER even entertain contract talks with a tool like Marshall just weeks after making a total a$$ of himself at practice?

All I can do is: ROFL

Oh, and start a new thread.

What is so funny?

Damn you can't win with you Chiefs fans. If we keep him and don't pay him you guys will say he will be a distraction. If we pay him then it will be McDaniels lost the team. If we trade him then no matter what we get it will never be enough. :harumph:

SenselessChiefsFan
09-10-2009, 06:21 AM
http://m.rockymountainnews.com/news/2009/feb/12/xander-appointed-gm-broncos/

The article you posted doesn't suggest meddling....

In suggests a proper chain of command.

You are suggesting that Bowlen jumped in the middle of the Cutler/McDaniels BS... and the Marshall/McDaniels BS when McDaniels had the situation under control.

That is not at all what happened.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-10-2009, 07:14 AM
Also, the reason that Marshall got suspended in the first place was that the team had been having talks with him and/or his agent, and he was frustrated by what he perceived as the lack of satisfactory progress. He took that frustration to the field, as everyone saw.

It's not as if these talks are coming out of the blue.

Um... no. In fact, Marshall was UPSET because they wouldn't talk extension. Don't believe me? Here:
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/3615/marshall-contract-extension-report-stunning

You'll notice that the team didn't refuse his request once, but TWICE!

That isn't a situation where the numbers wouldn't work.... or the talks weren't going well... there were NO talks.

So, now, lets be clear. The way to get an extension in Denver is to tell McDaniels to suck it and punt footballs away from the ball boys...

Got it... and so does EVERY other player on that team.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-10-2009, 07:17 AM
No, he only FIRED shanny... :shrug:

Do you not understand the difference? It is one thing to hire and fire a coach. It is quite another to meddle in the day to day affairs of the team.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-10-2009, 07:21 AM
What is so funny?

Damn you can't win with you Chiefs fans. If we keep him and don't pay him you guys will say he will be a distraction. If we pay him then it will be McDaniels lost the team. If we trade him then no matter what we get it will never be enough. :harumph:

Why am I not surprised that you would step up to defend this.

Marshall: "Extend my contract or trade me'.

Broncos:" Sorry, you have had injuries and off the field issues, we are not going to extend your contract at this time, and we are not trading you".

Marshall then goes out and makes an a$$ of himself at Practice no less. He confesses to not knowing the playbook, acts like a total jack$$... and gets suspended.

He comes back, and NOW, after less than a freaking week... four days... four freaking days.... he is getting what he wants.

Way to set the standard for the other players to live by. Al Davis 2.0

vailpass
09-10-2009, 07:34 AM
BFD. Let the season begin.

MahiMike
09-10-2009, 08:04 AM
This is just a ploy to make him marketable for a trade.

Mile High Mania
09-10-2009, 08:35 AM
This is just a ploy to make him marketable for a trade.

Possibly, they have until week 6 to trade him... "talks" could be happening, but we'll see if anything is done.

Just Passin' By
09-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Um... no. In fact, Marshall was UPSET because they wouldn't talk extension. Don't believe me? Here:
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/3615/marshall-contract-extension-report-stunning

You'll notice that the team didn't refuse his request once, but TWICE!

That isn't a situation where the numbers wouldn't work.... or the talks weren't going well... there were NO talks.

So, now, lets be clear. The way to get an extension in Denver is to tell McDaniels to suck it and punt footballs away from the ball boys...

Got it... and so does EVERY other player on that team.

Interestingly, sources that have talked to Marshall directly say the Pro Bowl wide receiver is providing his own explanation for why he upstaged practice last week Wednesday.

According to these trusted sources, Marshall told them directly his videotaped frustration was partly connected to his disappointment with the terms of an extension the Broncos recently offered him. Sources were told by Marshall in his own words that this supposed deal averaged about nine million dollars a year, but that his frustration stemmed from it being back-loaded as a result of his high risk behavior. Specifically, these sources say Marshall mentioned that this deal could have given him as little as three million in the first year, and that this detail was clearly not satisfactory to him and his statistical resume.

http://community.kdvr.com/_SOURCES-SMITHS-TORN-MENISCUS-MARSHALL-EXTENSION-DISCUSSED/blog/634226/96399.html

Well, apparently there are dueling stories, because this one says "Yes".

Just Passin' By
09-10-2009, 09:28 AM
The article you posted doesn't suggest meddling....

In suggests a proper chain of command.

You are suggesting that Bowlen jumped in the middle of the Cutler/McDaniels BS... and the Marshall/McDaniels BS when McDaniels had the situation under control.

That is not at all what happened.

I stated that Bowlen meddled in the talks. I suggested nothing. It was, in fact, phone calls from Bowlen that went unreturned that were reportedly the final straw. If you don't like the term meddling, such is life.

beach tribe
09-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Marshall made McDumbass kiss his starfish.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-10-2009, 09:48 AM
I stated that Bowlen meddled in the talks. I suggested nothing. It was, in fact, phone calls from Bowlen that went unreturned that were reportedly the final straw. If you don't like the term meddling, such is life.

McDummy tries to trade for Cassel... can't get it done. Refuses to tell Cutler that he is the #1 guy and that it is his job to lose, and the Broncos won't 'actively' be shopping for a new QB or shopping him in a trade.

Cutler then won't return McDummy's calls and texts. After a while, Bowlen steps in to try to fix what McDummy has broken.

Todd Haley treated Tyler freaking Thigpen with more respect than McDummy treated Cutler. I just don't know how it didn't work out.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-10-2009, 09:54 AM
http://community.kdvr.com/_SOURCES-SMITHS-TORN-MENISCUS-MARSHALL-EXTENSION-DISCUSSED/blog/634226/96399.html

Well, apparently there are dueling stories, because this one says "Yes".

Okay, let's say that your story is correct. I am willing to admit that I have no idea other than what is reported.

Even so.... do you think negotiating further after his tantrum sets the right tone?

I mean, come on! This guy is a freaking turd in your punch bowl called practice and you are going to reward him for it by going back to the negotiating table?

Really?

I have two daughters. Both of them are pretty good kids for the most part.... however, both have had their 'tantrums' over the years.

If we were walking down an isle at the toy store, and one wanted two dolls, and I agreed to one, but they were 'unsatisfied' and started punting baby bottles down the isle.....

First, there is no freakin' way they are getting to 'renegotiate' the deal in hopes of getting a nother doll.

Second, there is probably no freaking way they are getting a doll at all at the point.

Third, they would get punished.

The Broncos, put Marshall in a time out and then said, okay, so you want 'two dolls'?

Give me a break. It is more funny to see guys defend this ridiculously pathetic handling of the situation.