PDA

View Full Version : Football Hanging on to his 15 minutes of fame (infamy?)...

T-post Tom
09-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Ochocinco has something up his sleeve, Twitter style
Posted by Mike Florio on September 9, 2009 9:12 PM ET

When Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco abruptly signed off Twitter on September 4, most folks thought that it was another one of his stunts.

After all, he's the same guy who has legally changed his name to the Spanish equivalent of his jersey numerals, so that he could wear "Ochocinco" on his back without being fined cinco grando.

According to the Associated Press, Ochocinco says he plans to return, in some form, to Twitter soon.

"The Twitter world, they don't need a signal," Ochocinco said Wednesday. "They'll know. It's the quiet before the storm. Just watch."

The league recently promulgated a rule against social media site use from 90 minutes before kickoff of a game until after the post-game media access. But Chad thinks he had found a way around the rules.

"I've been really, really quiet, and there's a storm coming Sunday," Ochocinco said. "That's one of the things that I do when I'm back: I have something. I keep you on the edge of your seat.

"NFL, I would like to apologize to you guys early. I understand. I read all the fine print in the letters you sent, but I did find loopholes. I found loopholes."

Chad might think it's a valid loophole, but the league likely will disagree with his interpretation.

CMD
09-09-2009, 10:30 PM
ROFL

I fucking love Ochocinco.

DaFace
09-09-2009, 10:31 PM
The guy's a bit obnoxious, but I can't help being intrigued.

doomy3
09-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Ochocinco is one of the best entertainers EVER in the NFL.

He is funny, unlike guys like TO.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2009, 10:35 PM
ROFL

I fucking love Ochocinco.

I agree. He's really grown on me.:)

OnTheWarpath15
09-09-2009, 10:36 PM
http://sonsofsimmons.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/ocho-cinco-bestbuy1.jpg

MMXcalibur
09-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Sorry, I can't help but be entertained by this guy. It was a shame that he wasn't so carefree last season, but it's good to see him get back to his old self now.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2009, 10:41 PM
This shit STILL cracks me up!LMAO

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/79o1ugGw6bg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/79o1ugGw6bg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

T-post Tom
09-09-2009, 10:43 PM
He is entertaining at times (and I was impressed with his ST performance in the preseason):

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0CWJ_nEIqVk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0CWJ_nEIqVk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Sweet Daddy Hate
WHO COULDN'T GET OVER THERE IN TIME, BILLAY????

nstygma
This shit STILL cracks me up!LMAO

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/79o1ugGw6bg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/79o1ugGw6bg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

GREAT! Mike Brown gave up a TD

doomy3
09-09-2009, 10:45 PM
I mean, really. Everything this guy does is fucking awesome.

Rain Man
09-09-2009, 10:46 PM
He used to be entertaining, but now he's kind of sad. I think the difference is that he used to be a good football player who was entertaining on the field, and now he's a mediocre football player who aspires to be a D-list celebrity.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
09-09-2009, 10:47 PM
I wish he would just go away. He is a big cry baby. His Hall of Fame Jacket stunt was one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. This will just be another stupid ass stunt.

Ochosucko

T-post Tom
09-09-2009, 10:48 PM
I mean, really. Everything this guy does is ****ing awesome.

May I see your sarcasm permit, sir?

http://i35.tinypic.com/63yw75.jpg

doomy3
09-09-2009, 10:48 PM
I wish he would just go away. He is a big cry baby. His Hall of Fame Jacket stunt was one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. This will just be another stupid ass stunt.

Ochosucko

You couldn't be more wrong. Ocho is hilarious.

doomy3
09-09-2009, 10:49 PM
May I see your sarcasm permit, sir?

http://i35.tinypic.com/63yw75.jpg

Nope, I'm serious. Love him.

Bugeater
09-09-2009, 10:50 PM
I wish he would shut the fuck up and go away. Him changing his name was about teh gheyest thing ever.

Mecca

Ochosucko

I see someone is in need of a sense of humor...or to have the stick pulled from their ass.

Roger Goodell will be along shortly to fine Chad for entertaining his fans again.

T-post Tom
Nope, I'm serious. Love him.

Alright, you appear to be an honest citizen. Have a good day, sir.

Bugeater
09-09-2009, 10:51 PM
I see someone is in need of a sense of humor...or to have the stick pulled from their ass.

Roger Goodell will be along shortly to fine Chad for entertaining his fans again.
He's a goddamn professional football player, not a fucking comedian.

doomy3
09-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Alright, you appear to be an honest citizen. Have a good day, sir.

ROFL

Mecca
09-09-2009, 10:52 PM
He's a goddamn professional football player, not a fucking comedian.

So?

What's wrong with having a personality? I really really dislike this idea that all football players need to act like robots.

Bugeater
09-09-2009, 10:55 PM
So?

What's wrong with having a personality? I really really dislike this idea that all football players need to act like robots.
Oh good grief. You can't see the difference between having a personality and being a fucking sideshow?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2009, 10:56 PM
When's his contract due?

Damnit Scott!:cuss:

Mecca
09-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Oh good grief. You can't see the difference between having a personality and being a fucking sideshow?

As long as he's not breaking the law why does it matter?

Every job has a class clown.

Rain Man
09-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Dude has his priorities all wrong. He needs to be concentrating on recovering his reputation as a football player. Right now he's just a journeyman who's not a team player, and that's not a good career position.

Mecca
09-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Uh...how is he a journeyman?

KCCHIEFS27
09-09-2009, 11:01 PM
He used to be entertaining, but now he's kind of sad. I think the difference is that he used to be a good football player who was entertaining on the field, and now he's a mediocre football player who aspires to be a D-list celebrity.

Mediocre? The guy has had ONE down year and that was because he had Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing to him for most of the season. You know where Fitzpatrick is now? The Bills. Third string. Behind Trent Edwards and Gibran Hamdan. He is still a great player. You'll see.

Bugeater
09-09-2009, 11:02 PM

What the hell would you know about having a job?

Mecca
09-09-2009, 11:03 PM
If they keep Palmer on the field, not only will Chad be back, Chris Henry has a big year.

-King-
09-09-2009, 11:06 PM
If they keep Palmer on the field, not only will Chad be back, Chris Henry has a big year.

Henry will have a big first game that's for sure. He'll be covered by Alphonso Smith. If that's not a mismatch, I dont know what is.

DBOSHO
09-09-2009, 11:06 PM
being penalized for celebrations is fucking stupid.

Chad is an ENTERTAINER. and what do people watch and go to football games for?

to be ENTERTAINED

Rain Man
09-09-2009, 11:09 PM
The guy had 500 yards and 10 yards per catch last year in 13 games. Yippee for him. He can start clowning around again when he hits 1,200 yards this season. Perform first, then do your little schtick.

Mecca
09-09-2009, 11:10 PM
The guy had 500 yards and 10 yards per catch last year in 13 games. Yippee for him. He can start clowning around again when he hits 1,200 yards this season. Perform first, then do your little schtick.

Did you really not understand that he was playing with a backup QB?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2009, 11:13 PM

to be ENTERTAINED

Here's where we agree. One of the things I LOVED about watching football in the mid 70's, 80's and early 90's was that the NFL wasn't as conservative as it is now.

So many people have forgotten that it IS, at it's heart, a game.

And now it's just fuckin' business. People can have that 5, 6, and even 7 days a week.
We don't need that shit on game day Sunday.

Rain Man
09-09-2009, 11:13 PM

Do you really not understand that he's supposed to be a premier receiver? 22 guys off the street can get 500 yards in a season.

Kyle DeLexus
09-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Man this guy is great. I can't wait to see what he has up his sleeve....it was the worst day of the year for me when he got off twitter. The man is what he is and that is a great football player that will have fun and be himself when he's playing the game.

Kyle DeLexus
09-09-2009, 11:26 PM

Honestly he was pretty quiet last season. Both on the field and off, but he was playing without his star QB and he had an injury issue himself

Mecca
09-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Do you really not understand that he's supposed to be a premier receiver? 22 guys off the street can get 500 yards in a season.

So 1 down year with basically an entire season with a backup QB nullifies everything else he's done?

Rain Man
09-09-2009, 11:33 PM
So 1 down year with basically an entire season with a backup QB nullifies everything else he's done?

I've liked the guy on the field for years, but if I'm him coming off a 500-yard season, I think I'd be concentrating more on football and less on my celebrity wannabe career. Randy Moss played with a backup all year and got 1,000 yards and 11 TDs. Dwayne Bowe played with a backup all year and got 1,000 yards and 7 TDs. And neither of them is on record saying that they were unmotivated last year.

I think there's a good chance he'll come back strong this year. He's just mouthing off now before he proves it, and I think that's kind of a stupid move.

KCChiefsMan
09-10-2009, 02:20 AM
I always get a kick of Chad Johnson, I think the guy is a bit of an attention whore but he can back up everything he says. I think he is out to have fun and likes to entertain, I really hate it when people put him on the same page as TO, they are completely different cases of headcases.

teedubya
09-10-2009, 02:21 AM
You can schedule tweets to post at anytime... I bet he has a tweet scheduled when he is on the field.

salame
09-10-2009, 02:29 AM
I love chad

BigRichard
09-10-2009, 06:23 AM
I always get a kick of Chad Johnson, I think the guy is a bit of an attention whore but he can back up everything he says. I think he is out to have fun and likes to entertain, I really hate it when people put him on the same page as TO, they are completely different cases of headcases.

Yeah I never understood the dumbasses that lumped Ocho in with TO. He might have been a little selfish but who isn't. TO destroys teams even if he does have great stats.

beach tribe
09-10-2009, 06:41 AM
Wow, I'm surprised at the man love.

I think the guy is a self indulgent moron.

"LOOK AT ME!!!!!!"
"WATCH THIS"!!

"NO REALLY LOOK, I'M GONNA DO SOMETHING COOL"!!

Dude changed his name so his jersey would say Ocho Cinco.

I'm sorry, but I think he's an idiot.

beach tribe
09-10-2009, 06:42 AM

So was D Bo.

Hell D Bo was playing with a 3rd stringer.

That said, I think Chad can be a hell of a player, but I think he packed it in last season when Palmer wasn't there.

I would want him on my team.

Delano
09-10-2009, 06:48 AM
I have really enjoyed Chad on Hard Knocks this year.

Without him, Palmer, and the rookies making fun of Andre Smith, the show would be unwatchable. Oooh, and the Brown family is an easy target.

Otter
09-10-2009, 06:56 AM
Wow, I'm surprised at the man love.

I think the guy is a self indulgent moron.

"LOOK AT ME!!!!!!"
"WATCH THIS"!!

"NO REALLY LOOK, I'M GONNA DO SOMETHING COOL"!!

Dude changed his name so his jersey would say Ocho Cinco.

I'm sorry, but I think he's an idiot.

Mecca came running in with a blanket over his head and mascara running down his face screaming 'leave TO alone' as well when we came to the consensus he's a self absorbed, prima donna that nobody wants on their team.

Says a lot right there.

Psyko Tek
09-10-2009, 06:57 AM

but so few are half as funny as they think they are

Skip Towne
09-10-2009, 07:23 AM
What the hell would you know about having a job?

Ahahahahahaha

Skip Towne
09-10-2009, 07:30 AM

to be ENTERTAINED

To watch football?

Sofa King
09-10-2009, 07:32 AM
He is entertaining at times (and I was impressed with his ST performance in the preseason):

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0CWJ_nEIqVk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0CWJ_nEIqVk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

that was very entertaining. nice post.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2009, 08:57 AM
I have really enjoyed Chad on Hard Knocks this year.

Without him, Palmer, and the rookies making fun of Andre Smith, the show would be unwatchable. Oooh, and the Brown family is an easy target.

Dullest...Hard Knocks...ever. Even WITH him. Really lame this year.

the Talking Can
09-10-2009, 08:59 AM

what were Bowe's stats with Thigpen?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-10-2009, 09:00 AM
http://sonsofsimmons.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/ocho-cinco-bestbuy1.jpg

LMAO Rockin Rockband in Walmart!!!

OnTheWarpath15
09-10-2009, 09:04 AM
LMAO Rockin Rockband in Walmart!!!

Best Buy. Still funny as hell.

He was trying to call Marvin Lewis at 5:30 in the morning.

The glasses are a fucking riot.

Buehler445
09-10-2009, 09:26 AM
So?

We know. You've said that already, but why. The last Ochocinco conversation we had, I asked you why does a team need personality? If a "robot" player and a "personality" player have the same contributions on the field, why are you taking the "personality" player? Isn't it all about production? I don't think you answered me the last time I asked.

As for my take on Chad, he's funny. He's funny in the same way that the douxhey funny guy at parties is. Fun to watch, fun to laugh at, but you're glad you don't ever have to rely on him. That's the way I feel. He's entertaining, but I'm glad he doesn't spew that shit on my team.

Personally, I think he's a toolbag. Yeah, he's a playmaker and has incredible speed and abilities, but the dude's dumb. He eats McDonalds multiple times a day for fuck's sake. If he even had a ten cent head, he could do great things, but he's content with mediocrity and being funny.
Posted via Mobile Device

vailpass
09-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Dullest...Hard Knocks...ever. Even WITH him. Really lame this year.

Who dey think gonna beat them Bengals in the ratings? Nobody! Based on the first three weeks (of five), the Bengals’ “Hard Knocks” show is setting a HBO record for the series.

This year’s “Hard Knocks” is averaging 3 million viewers a week, slightly ahead of the 2007 “Hard Knocks” with the Kansas City Chiefs (2.9 million, the previous record after three weeks). Ratings for all five weeks will be available by the end of next week, says Ray Stallone, HBO Sports spokesman.

“The series has performed exceptionally well,” he says.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2009/09/10/a-bengals-victory-on-hbo/

beach tribe
09-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Yep, he said he wants to be better than Rice. He doesn't have the will to be like Rice.
You don't get in Rice's shape by eating at McDonalds every day.

vailpass
09-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Yep, he said he wants to be better than Rice. He doesn't have the will to be like Rice.
You don't get in Rice's shape by eating at McDonalds every day.

Ocho Cinco is cut like mofo. When his head/heart are in the game he is an elite WR.
He is also funny as hell. Did you see how he got girlfriends phone number? Waited til she fell asleep on the plane then dialed his number from her phone. Child please!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Who dey think gonna beat them Bengals in the ratings? Nobody! Based on the first three weeks (of five), the Bengals’ “Hard Knocks” show is setting a HBO record for the series.

This year’s “Hard Knocks” is averaging 3 million viewers a week, slightly ahead of the 2007 “Hard Knocks” with the Kansas City Chiefs (2.9 million, the previous record after three weeks). Ratings for all five weeks will be available by the end of next week, says Ray Stallone, HBO Sports spokesman.

“The series has performed exceptionally well,” he says.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2009/09/10/a-bengals-victory-on-hbo/

That's nice. To ME, PERSONALLY, it's fucking dull.

beach tribe
09-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Ocho Cinco is cut like mofo. When his head/heart are in the game he is an elite WR.
He is also funny as hell. Did you see how he got girlfriends phone number? Waited til she fell asleep on the plane then dialed his number from her phone. Child please!

Well everyone has an opinion. Mine is that he's an idiot, but it's just an opinion.

wild1
09-10-2009, 10:00 AM
What, is he going to twitter from the end zone after a TD?

vailpass
09-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Well everyone has an opinion. Mine is that he's an idiot, but it's just an opinion.

Definetely a subjective thing. Funny and idiotic often aren't that far apart.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2009, 10:04 AM
That's nice. To ME, PERSONALLY, it's fucking dull.

And Marv Lewis is a Herm Jr., Horses Ass.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2009, 10:05 AM
And Marv Lewis is a Herm Jr., Horses Ass.

And Maualugu does NOT seem thrilled to be in Cincy. But then again, why should he or anyone else be?

doomy3
09-10-2009, 10:11 AM
And Maualugu does NOT seem thrilled to be in Cincy. But then again, why should he or anyone else be?

Or, why should anyone care?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Or, why should anyone care?

I'm sorry, what the fuck are we talking about here again?

Oh Yeah; Ocho Cinco.

Ocho Cinco > Cincinatti > Hard Knocks > Maualuga > etc.

Any other obvious points and/or diagrams I can illustrate for you this morning?

Delano
09-10-2009, 11:53 AM

WTF?

He's playing with his old team mate Rivers and a pretty decent MLB in Dhani Jones.

I haven't seen anything on the show that indicates he isn't happy there.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2009, 11:57 AM
WTF?

He's playing with his old team mate Rivers and a pretty decent MLB in Dhani Jones.

And I haven't seen anything to indicate he's ecstatic about it either.

1ChiefsDan
09-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Did you really not understand that he was playing with a backup QB?And your point? So was DBowe - 3rd string QB. How many yards did he have??

1ChiefsDan
09-10-2009, 12:09 PM
what were Bowe's stats with Thigpen?

And your point? So was DBowe - 3rd string QB. How many yards did he have??Beat me to it.:doh!:

ThaVirus
09-10-2009, 01:15 PM
I fucking love me some Chad Johnson, Ochocinco, whatever he wants to be called yesterday, today, or the day after that. He's fun, funny, and entertaining on top of being a great football player. That 1st & 10 episode just made me like him even more and I hope he continues with all his antics (and high level of play) if for nothing else but to keep pissing off all the haters

vailpass
09-10-2009, 01:22 PM
WTF?

Agreed, he seems focused and enthusiastic on HK; a high-drafted rookie working for a spot on the 1st team.
RapedOnRectum will post any random piece of drivel just to hear himself type. Thus over 8000 posts in his first few months.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Agreed, he seems focused and enthusiastic on HK; a high-drafted rookie working for a spot on the 1st team.
RapedOnRectum will post any random piece of drivel just to hear himself type. Thus over 8000 posts in his first few months.

Eat dick you stupid fuck. Go root for your suckass Jr Coach and disasterpiece of a football team.

Bill Lundberg
09-10-2009, 01:52 PM
I think he's entertaining as hell. Here's his latest Twitter post.

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/NEALYO%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/NEALYO%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/28929369.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1252613278&Signature=skUkXOFdOkMkjuhV0fzluZnm9mg%3D

I can't help but wonder if he'll be wearing this under his helmet.