PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Tried to work with what I had...

KChiefsQT
09-10-2009, 09:12 AM
So, as I mentioned earlier... I got into a FF league that my dad and uncle created almost 3 decades ago...there's hardly ever openings but someone quit last minute this year. I was stuck with a mediocore team, but figure I can build over the next few years. I had to cut 9 and stick with 9 keepers. Draft was last night, here's who I picked up (in bold):

QB Carson Palmer
QB Matt Schaub

RB Jamal Lewis
RB Marshwayn Lynch
RB Derrick Ward
RB Kevin Smith
RB Le'ron McClain

WR Steve Breaston
WR Chris Chambers
WR Jerricho Cotchery
WR Ted Ginn Jr.
WR Antonio Bryant
WR Miles Austin
WR Domenik Hixon

K David Akers
K Rian Lindell

D Baltimore
D Carolina

Taking into account that every other team also kept 9 keepers, the "top 90, if you will" were not up for grabs... how do you grade my draft?

OnTheWarpath15
09-10-2009, 09:13 AM
In with the first "Breaston" joke.

DaKCMan AP
09-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Yeah, that team's terrible. There's also a sub-forum for these threads.

Stinger
09-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Tried to work with what I had...

This Titt ... er.... uh .... Title is very misleading

KChiefsQT
09-10-2009, 09:18 AM
Yeah, that team's terrible. There's also a sub-forum for these threads.

Half the threads in this forum don't belong here... move it if you have a problem with it.

Consistent1
09-10-2009, 09:18 AM
It isn't that great of a team, but you can't expect to grab much coming in with all those keepers. You do have two QB's with some potential for big years if injuries are avoided and your D is one of the best at turnovers and D touchdowns. Just work on it over time.

JohninGpt
09-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Yes, your team could use some augmentation.

DaKCMan AP
09-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Half the threads in this forum don't belong here... move it if you have a problem with it.

Nah, I wouldn't move it. Just stating that there's a whole separate forum for threads like these. If you have a problem with me stating such... then too bad. :p

MahiMike
09-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Well for inheriting some average players (we see why the other owner quit), you didn't do too bad. Looks like you're in year 1 of a 3 year rebuild (aren't we all?).

I like Ward and really like Mc Clain. He'll be starting about week 5 when Westbrook goes down. I hear Ted Ginn looks good even though I tend to stay away from Dolphins players. Hixon could be good.

Good luck.

Hootie
09-10-2009, 09:26 AM
lmao at the tread title...do you think she had any idea? hahahahaha

Hootie
09-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Well for inheriting some average players (we see why the other owner quit), you didn't do too bad. Looks like you're in year 1 of a 3 year rebuild (aren't we all?).

I like Ward and really like Mc Clain. He'll be starting about week 5 when Westbrook goes down. I hear Ted Ginn looks good even though I tend to stay away from Dolphins players. Hixon could be good.

Good luck.
McClain is a Raven...McCoy is an Eagle.

DaKCMan AP
09-10-2009, 09:28 AM

Good luck.

ROFL

allen_kcCard
09-10-2009, 09:33 AM
I haven't done a keeper league, but I would say try to use some of your strengths here and try to get some younger up and comers out of it...if you aren't going to win the next few years you may as well try to get away from players that are peaked or peaking now and get some guys that will carry you in a year or two.

Maybe something like moving one of your good QBs for one of the young guys like Sanchez along with another young WR...depends on the makeups of the otehr teams and if they might have a need for one of your players in exchange fomr someone that can't help you now.

sedated
09-10-2009, 09:34 AM

this and that.

and McClain is going back to FB this year.

Skip Towne
09-10-2009, 09:46 AM
This thread is worthless without pics.

BigVE
09-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Looks like you were left in a bad spot but you made the most of it. So now you can no longer pick up players or what?

Delano
09-10-2009, 10:54 AM
That's going to take a lot of work over the next few years (it's a challenge similar to Pioli's), Kara, but I think you can do tit.

MahiMike
09-10-2009, 11:15 AM

Dangit! I always mix those 2 up.

JohnnyV13
09-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Your WR's are terrible. You don't have a true FF no. 1 among them. But, I like the Kevin Smith pick. Ginn is a good gamble to have the year three breakthrough.

KChiefsQT
09-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Looks like you were left in a bad spot but you made the most of it. So now you can no longer pick up players or what?

I can pick up/drop players throughout the year.

Simply Red
09-10-2009, 12:23 PM

Hi Kara, I just wanted to tell you that i'm insatiable since that gay asian guy precisely cut my hair.

BigVE
09-10-2009, 12:23 PM

Oh, ok, I got the impression that this the team your locked into for the season. You have lots holes to fill...keep your eyes open watch for rookies and comeback players that start doing well and you might get lucky and nobody has them on their roster already. Your going to have a hard time winning with the team you have now IMO. Good luck.

KChiefsQT
09-10-2009, 12:37 PM
That's going to take a lot of work over the next few years (it's a challenge similar to Pioli's), Kara, but I think you can do tit.

Thanks for he support, buddy! I figure I'm in it for the long haul and I'm not expecting to take the league this year obviously...but in time KC Ball Bashers will be bashing some balls! =)

BigMeatballDave
09-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Yes, your team could use some augmentation.
ROFL

Hammock Parties
09-10-2009, 12:51 PM
I saw the draft board and it was slim pickins. Kara did a pretty good job.

The only true studs on the board before the draft were B Westbrook and B Marshall.

KChiefsQT
09-10-2009, 12:52 PM
I saw the draft board and it was slim pickins. Kara did a pretty good job.

The only true studs on the board before the draft were B Westbrook and B Marshall.

Thanks Clayton. I ended up staying up until 3 that mornign flip flopping back n fourth betwen studying for the draft and building my new website! LOL

Stewie
09-10-2009, 01:00 PM
I read the title and thought it was about something else.

Tried to work with what I had, but I figured out I needed Bolt-On tits.

KChiefsQT
09-10-2009, 01:04 PM
I read the title and thought it was about something else.

Tried to work with what I had, but I figured out I needed Bolt-On tits.

LMAO

Dallas Chief
09-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Nah, I wouldn't move it. Just stating that there's a whole separate forum for threads like these. If you have a problem with me stating such... then too bad. :p

You are a little grumpy today aren't you sweetheart? You need a bowl of matzo ball soup to make your tumtum feel better?

bevischief
09-10-2009, 01:39 PM
This thread is worthless without pics.

Lots of them.

Dallas Chief
09-10-2009, 01:45 PM
So, as I mentioned earlier... I got into a FF league that my dad and uncle created almost 3 decades ago...there's hardly ever openings but someone quit last minute this year. I was stuck with a mediocore team, but figure I can build over the next few years. I had to cut 9 and stick with 9 keepers. Draft was last night, here's who I picked up (in bold):

QB Carson Palmer
QB Matt Schaub

RB Jamal Lewis
RB Marshwayn Lynch
RB Derrick Ward
RB Kevin Smith
RB Le'ron McClain

WR Steve Breaston
WR Chris Chambers
WR Jerricho Cotchery
WR Ted Ginn Jr.
WR Antonio Bryant
WR Miles Austin
WR Domenik Hixon

K David Akers
K Rian Lindell

D Baltimore
D Carolina

Taking into account that every other team also kept 9 keepers, the "top 90, if you will" were not up for grabs... how do you grade my draft?

Like you said, you have to work with what you have. McClain was a decent fanatasy pickup last year for me. As long as he is not your top back I think you will be OK. Antonio Bryant might surprise some folks too. Your QB's are what would cause me the most concern. I'm not convinced Palmer can stay healthy and that Schaub can actaually get it done. I picked up Matt Hasslebeck rather than either of those two in my draft this week. Good luck! (I'm gonna need it too...)