PDA

View Full Version : Life America's Greatest Villains: The Vile Four

Rain Man
09-11-2009, 06:42 AM
We're down to our four finalists, and we're going to settle the issue soon. Who's the biggest, baddest villain in American history?

Poll to follow unless the governor calls.

Saulbadguy
09-11-2009, 06:46 AM
For some reason, it always gives me great pleasure to vote for the separator options you put in your polls.

rockymtnchief
09-11-2009, 06:52 AM
I went with Tim & Jim.

Braincase
09-11-2009, 06:53 AM
The loss of Abraham Lincoln was terrible, but I think Abe would give his life to save all of the people and especially the children killed by McVeigh. Manson compelled people to kill, but Jones compelled people to kill themselves with lies, and did so in the name of God.

Rain Man
09-11-2009, 06:55 AM
For some reason, it always gives me great pleasure to vote for the separator options you put in your polls.

If I had known it was you, you would have been in this tournament.

BigRedChief
09-11-2009, 06:58 AM
yeah, who knows if Lincoln would have made race relations better in the 2nd term and saved us a lot of pain down the road.

Manson was just insane.

Mckveigh was a home grown terriost traitor to his country.

Jim Jones was a traitor to his country, religion and god.

Tough choices....

Slainte
09-11-2009, 07:16 AM
I chose Manson over Jones because while what Jones manufactured was horrible, I can't help see it as something that happened at a distance - Guyana, to be specific, and involving alot of people that had left this country by choice, mostly having been disillusioned by then-current USA society, religion and various other issues. Manson's nightmare, by contrast, seems very "American" to me...

Voted Booth over McVeigh because I honestly believe Booth was the more "villianous" personage. What McVeigh accomplished was beyond the pale, but I never looked at him as more than a somewhat naif character swept up in that 'New World Order' - Join a Militia & stockpile as much weapontry as you can bullshit...a nutter of God.

GoHuge
09-11-2009, 08:20 AM
Jim Jones was by far the worst. Watching documetaries on that over the years just makes me sick. McVeigh considered what he did to be an act of war against the government to make a political statement. Booth assassinated a president and became a southern hero. Manson never actually killed anyone. More legend than lion.
Posted via Mobile Device

MOhillbilly
09-11-2009, 08:22 AM
I chose Manson over Jones because while what Jones manufactured was horrible, I can't help see it as something that happened at a distance - Guyana, to be specific, and involving alot of people that had left this country by choice, mostly having been disillusioned by then-current USA society, religion and various other issues. Manson's nightmare, by contrast, seems very "American" to me...

Voted Booth over McVeigh because I honestly believe Booth was the more "villianous" personage. What McVeigh accomplished was beyond the pale, but I never looked at him as more than a somewhat naif character swept up in that 'New World Order' - Join a Militia & stockpile as much weapontry as you can bullshit...a nutter of God.

you need to read up about jim jones.

Great Expectations
09-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Didn't Jim Jones also molest children

RJ
09-11-2009, 08:31 AM
Tim & Chuck.

Slainte
09-11-2009, 08:42 AM
you need to read up about jim jones.

Yeah, but I probably won't. Thanks all the same.

MOhillbilly
09-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Yeah, but I probably won't. Thanks all the same.

yeah, well go have sex with your mother.

MOhillbilly
09-11-2009, 09:53 AM
Didn't Jim Jones also molest children

he had sex as a tool to keep his converts in line. men,women, and children. Even call them out during 'service'.

L.A. Chieffan
09-11-2009, 09:57 AM
i dont like mcveigh and booth being in the same bracket...jones and manson were just loons that wont go down in history as being threats to america as a whole

Buck
09-11-2009, 09:58 AM
I just put Jim Jones over the top!

Rain Man
09-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Jones actually was very well regarded until he went to Guyana and started doing the Apocalypse Now gig. I still think of him as more of a misguided idealist who got paranoid than as an upper-tier villain. I could be convinced otherwise, though.

I like the spread of our final four. We've got an assassin, a terrorist, a psychopathic killer, and a cult leader. That's the diverse melting pot that makes America the best damn country in the world.

dirk digler
09-11-2009, 10:12 AM
I voted for Booth and Jones.

I guess I missed the semi-final vote because I wouldn't have put Manson in the Final 4.

mikey23545
09-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Booth assassinated a president and became a southern hero.
Posted via Mobile Device

Where in the hell did you ever get that idea?

Rain Man
09-11-2009, 10:18 AM
I voted for Booth and Jones.

I guess I missed the semi-final vote because I wouldn't have put Manson in the Final 4.

Manson beat Ted Bundy in the Egregious Eight by a margin of 62% to 35%. Not a blowout, but a comfortable win for the swastika'ed one.

MOhillbilly
09-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Jones actually was very well regarded until he went to Guyana and started doing the Apocalypse Now gig. I still think of him as more of a misguided idealist who got paranoid than as an upper-tier villain. I could be convinced otherwise, though.

I like the spread of our final four. We've got an assassin, a terrorist, a psychopathic killer, and a cult leader. That's the diverse melting pot that makes America the best damn country in the world.

Jones used violence & sodomy to keep his followers in line while in the states.

beach tribe
09-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Jim Jones by far IMO.

What he did just blows my mind every time i think about it.

RJ
09-11-2009, 10:23 AM
J

U.S.A! U.S.A.! U.S.A.!.....