PDA

View Full Version : Football Drop Philip Rivers from your FF team

LaChapelle
09-12-2009, 10:05 AM
"Blindsided" Seymour says he's "happy"
Posted by Tom Curran on September 12, 2009 10:55 AM ET
Finally, the Seymour speaketh.

In comments to Ron Borges of the Boston Herald, Raiders defensive lineman Richard Seymour shed much-needed light on his feelings about being traded by New England last Sunday morning in exchange for the Raiders' 2011 first round pick.

First off, Seymour described himself as "blindsided" when Patriots head coach Bill Belichick called and said, according to Seymour, "We traded your rights to Oakland."

"There are a lot of different emotions," Seymour told Borges. "Football was not my main concern at that point."

The trade was a major shock to Seymour's family system. Deciding how his wife, four children and a 15-year-old cousin to whom he is guardian would proceed seems to have been a major factor in delaying his arrival in Oakland.

"When you get blindsided, you should take a moment to gather your thoughts," Seymour said. "I have a lot of personal issues more pressing than football."

Seymour acknowledged negotiations about his future with the Raiders have taken place but said he "didn't demand anything to go there."

"I've had discussions with the Raiders . . . I'm excited and happy with the way they're looking at me," he said.

He said he plans on playing Monday night against the Chargers and added that, "I'll be the guy on top of the quarterback."

The Bad Guy
09-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Why can't the family just continue to live in New England while Seymour plays the next 4 months in Oakland?

I never understood the point of uprooting your entire family for a 17-week NFL season.

LaChapelle
09-12-2009, 10:12 AM
If I have to play for the fucking Raiders, somebody has to fucking die!!!!11

Bane
09-12-2009, 10:23 AM
He should have plenty of motivation to play as one pissed off SOB!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

KC Jones
09-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Why can't the family just continue to live in New England while Seymour plays the next 4 months in Oakland?

I never understood the point of uprooting your entire family for a 17-week NFL season.

Seriously?!?!

Do you not have children or any idea what it like to have a family?

That's the only reason why I can imagine you think it would be a good idea to be an absentee father for 4 months of the year. That's fucking nuts man.

Rain Man
09-12-2009, 10:38 AM
I bet at some point he ends up on top of Rivers and then starts punching him and crying and yelling, "Why? Why?".

milkman
09-12-2009, 10:42 AM
I bet at some point he ends up on top of Rivers and then starts punching him and crying and yelling, "Why? Why?".

http://thehalobender.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/nancy_kerrigan_biography_2.jpg

Sure-Oz
09-12-2009, 10:43 AM
im sure rivers will have a 4000 yard season again and close to 30 tds

kcfanXIII
09-12-2009, 10:46 AM
i'm still trying to figure out why the raiders gave up a first for an older d lineman. not like they're doing any better than the chiefs. unless you listen to neanderpaul marshal.:rolleyes:

WhitiE
09-12-2009, 11:22 AM

i somewhat agree, but why dont u move across the country for the next 4 months away from your family and see how you like it..... granted your not makin the money he is but it still would be tough....

Pioli Zombie
09-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Oh boo fucking hoo, Richard. He makes millions for playing football. He's been with the Patriots for 8 years so he knows how the Patriots operate. Like a winner. So he's full of shit. And Ron Borges too.
Posted via Mobile Device

JuicesFlowing
09-12-2009, 01:53 PM
im sure rivers will have a 4000 yard season again and close to 30 tds

I hope he throws most of those to Vincent Jackson.

JuicesFlowing
09-12-2009, 01:55 PM
i'm still trying to figure out why the raiders gave up a first for an older d lineman. not like they're doing any better than the chiefs. unless you listen to neanderpaul marshal.:rolleyes:

Because Al Davis wants to ensure that the AFC West is only made up of 3 actual, operating teams: KC, Denver, and SD.

*Edit: Okay, actual only two then, KC and SD. Denver isn't operating anymore either.

Sure-Oz
09-12-2009, 01:56 PM
I hope he throws most of those to Vincent Jackson.

I really hope LT sucks too so he has to throw more, he's my fantasy qb

Jim Jones
09-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Seriously?!?!

Do you not have children or any idea what it like to have a family?

That's the only reason why I can imagine you think it would be a good idea to be an absentee father for 4 months of the year. That's ****ing nuts man.

I don't know, I have three kids and a nagging wife and if someone offered me millions to be away from them for 4 months, I wouldn't be able to accept the offer fast enough.

ChiefGator
09-13-2009, 06:20 AM
Maybe he likes the Bay area more than freezing new england? I know I would make that move in a heartbeat.

milkman
09-13-2009, 08:23 AM
I don't know, I have three kids and a nagging wife and if someone offered me millions to be away from them for 4 months, I wouldn't be able to accept the offer fast enough.

You might look at it differently if you have already made millions in years past.

And a "nagging" wife.

Some of us are that are married lucky enough to not have one of those.