PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Philly Cheese Steaks

Stewie
09-12-2009, 03:54 PM
The onions in cast iron will be starting soon. The frozen ribeye was thinly sliced this morning. We got cheese, we got peppers, we got homemade Italian hoagie rolls. The soya oil is waiting for the heat.

KCChiefsMan
09-12-2009, 03:55 PM
yum

DaFace
09-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Will you deliver to Thornton?

bevischief
09-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Or Stilwell?

Buehler445
09-12-2009, 04:05 PM
What kind of cheese do you use? I saw something on the food network where they made them with fucking cheese whiz.

I DO NOT WANT a Philly made with Cheese Whiz. Seriously. WTF?

Huffman83
09-12-2009, 04:07 PM
What kind of cheese do you use? I saw something on the food network where they made them with ****ing cheese whiz.

That's how some of them are made in Philly.

DaFace
09-12-2009, 04:09 PM
What kind of cheese do you use? I saw something on the food network where they made them with fucking cheese whiz.

Although I don't know what to think of the specific concept, I do like a more liquidy cheese on my cheesesteaks, personally. Places that use swiss cheese don't do it for me (though they're still delicious).

Buehler445
09-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Although I don't know what to think of the specific concept, I do like a more liquidy cheese on my cheesesteaks, personally. Places that use swiss cheese don't do it for me (though they're still delicious).

IMO, pepperjack is where it's at. But I'm not from Philly and know nothing about the style.

Stewie
09-12-2009, 04:13 PM
What kind of cheese do you use? I saw something on the food network where they made them with ****ing cheese whiz.

We make melted provolone or melted cheese whiz. Cheese whiz is the norm.

Mojo Jojo
09-12-2009, 04:19 PM

Real Cheesesteaks in Philly are made with Cheez-Whiz.

Buehler445
09-12-2009, 04:21 PM

I see. That just sounds....bad dude. I don't want any part of cheese whiz.

DaFace
09-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Satan eats Cheeze Whiz.

(Mad rep to anyone who can identify where that comes from without looking it up.)

KCUnited
09-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Wit whiz or its not a Philly cheese steak.

MadMax
09-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Wit whiz or its not a Philly cheese steak.

wit wit :)

Halfcan
09-12-2009, 04:55 PM
you guys would love our Nova Scotia melts

similar to a Philley, but I use Mozz, angus beef steak, tomato, red and green peppers, lettuce, and parmesan cheese to top it. I also make a homemade Donair (kinda of like a sweet mayo) that you drizzle over it.

People love it!!

Halfcan
09-12-2009, 04:57 PM
The onions in cast iron will be starting soon. The frozen ribeye was thinly sliced this morning. We got cheese, we got peppers, we got homemade Italian hoagie rolls. The soya oil is waiting for the heat.

instead of all that oil and grease try this sometime.

slice your steak and chop all veggies-then place in a pan of water with worchester sauce, spices in the water. Boil it for about a half an hour or until tender.

Your meat will be tender and have a touch of sweet and spicy to it. Much better and healthier. :thumb:

teedubya
09-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Satan eats Cheeze Whiz.

(Mad rep to anyone who can identify where that comes from without looking it up.)

doesn't it have something to do with Weird Al? Like the song Slime Creatures from Outer Space or something?

DaFace
09-14-2009, 06:59 PM
doesn't it have something to do with Weird Al? Like the song Slime Creatures from Outer Space or something?

Heh...I forgot to check back on this thread and see if anyone got this. You're on the right track. It's a backward track in the middle of the song "Nature Trail to Hell." It's just a little 3 second snippet, and it's really not all that exciting, but back in the day when you had to re-wind a cassette tape to hear it, it was pretty cool.[/nerd]

googlegoogle
09-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Never underestimate the rolls.

Made some hamburgers the other day with 'CRAP' yellow hamburger buns from the grocery store and they ruined the hamburgers.

Not enough discussion on buns and rolls in these topics.

Saulbadguy
09-14-2009, 07:43 PM
Peppers have no place on a "philly".

Simply Red
09-14-2009, 07:51 PM

any ?'s ?

Huffman83
09-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Peppers have no place on a "philly".

Not even green ones?

Saccopoo
09-14-2009, 09:28 PM
I like to add a bit of fresh spinach into my cheese steaks. Wilt it into the meat during the frying process. And I use peppers. Green, red and yellow bells, an anaheim and a poblano sauteed in olive oil. Onions carmelized in some butter and oil. Sauteed mushrooms as well.

2bikemike
09-14-2009, 09:52 PM

Depends on where you go. If you go to Pats or Genos they are IIRC. But there is a place I used to go that uses Provolone. They blew Pats and Genos out of the water.

However I spent several drunken nights outside of Pats or Genos wolfing down cheesesteaks and cheese frys.