PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Nice job Haley!

Coogs
09-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Very good effort by our team. :toast:

chiefbowe82
09-13-2009, 02:11 PM
woohooo we blew another in the final moments, this has to be some sort of record

PRIEST
09-13-2009, 02:12 PM
not bad not bad at all :clap:

the Talking Can
09-13-2009, 02:12 PM
seriously, we went in to baltimore with a clown car of a team and were tied with 2 minutes left....without our best defensive player and our starting QB....

but i have a feeling the freakout will commence anyways

LOCOChief
09-13-2009, 02:13 PM
Nice job Haley.

Zebedee DuBois
I wouldn't have bet any amount of money that we would be tied in the 4th quarter.

"Bob" Dobbs
woohooo we blew another in the final moments, this has to be some sort of recordWe shouldn't have been even close, so good job, Todd.

dirk digler
seriously, we went in to baltimore with a clown car of a team and were tied with 2 minutes left....without our best defensive player and our starting QB....

yep

JuicesFlowing
AT first i thought this was a sarcastic thread. Thank God it's not. Serious;y ... amazing we held in there .... not bad.

MichaelH
I am proud again, something I haven't been since about 2005. I was a bit disturbed about the first quarter but they seemed to make adjustments on both sides. I think that's the most glaring thing, positive adjustments were made, something that never happened under Hermie. Even with today's loss, I am much more excited about the season.

Jethopper
09-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Cue Hamas being a downer in 3.....2......1

KCChiefsMan
09-13-2009, 02:14 PM
on the road against one of the top teams and arguably the top defense. Piss poor first half, but much better the 2nd half and that is good. Didn't expect to win, would have been nice and we had a chance, but you can't turn around a terrible team in just 1 year.

LaChapelle
09-13-2009, 02:15 PM
If someone posted this scenario earlier in the week they would have been laughed at and called a homer.

Easy 6
09-13-2009, 02:15 PM

;)

Mecca
09-13-2009, 02:17 PM
If someone posted this scenario earlier in the week they would have been laughed at and called a homer.

If you hold told me they would have 500 yards offense and 38 points I would have called you nuts...

I actually thought the Chiefs were what I expected aside from the blocked punt you can't really expect that.

But no if you had told me the Ravens would double the Chiefs TOP and all of that I'd agree.

LaChapelle
09-13-2009, 02:18 PM
The usual suspects wouldn't be happy with an undefeated season and SB title.

the Talking Can
09-13-2009, 02:20 PM

the common wisdom was that we'd lose by 40 and our QB would be - literally - killed....not figuratively, literally injured and out of the game because of our OL

anyone claiming otherwise is lying

wild1
09-13-2009, 02:22 PM
A team this undermanned, this untalented, being that close to beating a team from the AFC championship last year. You can't beat up on the coaching.

ChiefMojo
09-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Well we knew they were going to put up yards, points, and everything else, but we didn't expect was us to be so darn close to them score wise. That right there is the biggest difference.

We played really hard and that is all we can ask for at this moment. We weren't going to beat Baltimore that easily.

The difference between a Haley ran team and a Herm ran team is effort. We played hard and didn't give up!

Anyone would be lying if they didn't think we would lose a QB and get killed in this game.

KCChiefsMan
09-13-2009, 02:23 PM
their offensive line is really good

Coogs
09-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Well we knew they were going to put up yards, points, and everything else, but we didn't expect was us to be so darn close to them score wise. That right there is the biggest difference.

We played really hard and that is all we can ask for at this moment. We weren't going to beat Baltimore that easily.

The difference between a Haley ran team and a Herm ran team is effort. We played hard and didn't give up!

Anyone would be lying if they didn't think we would lose a QB and get killed in this game.

:thumb:

Red Beans
09-13-2009, 02:26 PM

This fact is what gives me some hope.

teedubya
09-13-2009, 02:27 PM
sweet. ill go ahead and put this game in the W column, then.

KcMizzou
09-13-2009, 02:28 PM

but i have a feeling the freakout will commence anywaysAgreed.

KCChiefsMan
09-13-2009, 02:29 PM
did anybody expect that we would beat one of the top teams on the road without our starting QB and best player on defense? I'm not happy we lost, but there are some things to be pleased about with this game.

TheGuardian
09-13-2009, 02:31 PM
I don't really care if anyone agrees with me, that's some good coaching I saw today. Going into Baltimore on opening day with your backup QB and missing your best defender and still being tied with a couple of minutes left? Good stuff.

Next week we make the Raiders our bitch.

Contrarian
09-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Thought the effort was great and the D even though exhausted kept pushing it.
Would have liked a little more blitz off the edge and a hell of a lot more from Maurice Legget. He even though he saved one TD was a disappointment IMO.

keg in kc
09-13-2009, 02:37 PM
I saw a much better coached team out there today. Unfortunately it's wasn't a much more talented team. But as far as coaching goes, they did everything you'd want them to do. Played hard for four quarters, didn't give Baltimore extra opportunities with turnovers, didn't commit many penalties, took advantage of the opportunities they had and managed to somehow stay in the game until the very end despite the fact that they were clearly overmatched. The big challenge for the coaches, now that they have them playing hard, is to get them playing better. It's going to take time. And eventually more talent.

KcMizzou
09-13-2009, 02:37 PM
I don't really care if anyone agrees with me, that's some good coaching I saw today. Going into Baltimore on opening day with your backup QB and missing your best defender and still being tied with a couple of minutes left? Good stuff.

Next week we make the Raiders our bitch.:toast:

Coogs
09-13-2009, 02:39 PM

I agree on the whole first paragraph. Now if the Raiders part comes to fruitation, then we may be making some real progress. Looking forward to next Sunday already!

Swanman
09-13-2009, 02:40 PM
In comparison, the Donkeys went on the road to play a horseshit Cincinnati team and needed an outright miracle to beat them. Not saying the Chiefs will win the division (that's gonna be the Bolts) but I don't see the Donks or the East Bay Convicts running away from them.

LaChapelle
09-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Herm's team would have quit on him before the half.

Dylan
09-13-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm proud of the Chiefs -- They played tough.

Great test.

You're on your way!!!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/smilies/applause.gif

Warrior5
09-13-2009, 02:43 PM
This fact is what gives me some hope.

Exactly. A lot to be depressed about from today (TOP, 1st downs allowed,
1st downs, D giving up chunks, making Flacco look like a pro-bowler), but frankly I expected much worse.

Even without the starting Qb and best defender, the team displayed mental toughness by not giving up, and the coaching staff finally showed the ability to adjust. I haven't seen that in awhile...

I think the players learned alot today; if Cassel returns, KC will hopefully own the Rai-turds next week.

Red Beans
09-13-2009, 02:44 PM
If we play with this much effort against the Raiders next week we'll beat the living dog shit out of them on principle. Say what you want but we were disciplined and played with some fire, which is more than I've seen from our guys in a couple of years.

ChiefMojo
09-13-2009, 02:44 PM
The Mecca's of the world will point to stats alone, but the effort was very good. One would counter well we still lost and gave up a million yards, but did we quit or totally get blown out? We are completely out manned on the road against a team we had no business being tied with in the closing minutes of the game. There is at least hope with this team. Not every opponent will be the Ravens.

JuicesFlowing
09-13-2009, 02:46 PM
If this roster can fight this hard, I'm looking forward to the future. I love how the Poes punched in a "fuck you" when they didn't need to. Add that diseased city to my most hated teams list. Really, they needed to score that TD? I wasn't sure ...

bevischief
09-13-2009, 02:47 PM

This.

MahiMike
09-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Last year this game is over in the 1st half and the players are eating nachos on the sideline. This year, we're tied w/couple mins to go. I'd say we're quite improved.

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Herm's team would have quit on him before the half.

Exactly.

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 02:56 PM
If you hold told me they would have 500 yards offense and 38 points I would have called you nuts...

I actually thought the Chiefs were what I expected aside from the blocked punt you can't really expect that.

But no if you had told me the Ravens would double the Chiefs TOP and all of that I'd agree.

Yup its all about statistics, the actual game played and how the Chiefs were in it to the end means nothing.:rolleyes:

Coogs
09-13-2009, 02:56 PM
If this roster can fight this hard, I'm looking forward to the future. I love how the Poes punched in a "fuck you" when they didn't need to. Add that diseased city to my most hated teams list. Really, they needed to score that TD? I wasn't sure ...

Maybe Harbaugh had a wager on the game in Vegas? :shrug:

ChiefMojo
09-13-2009, 02:57 PM
To be honest that is all I really wanted to see (of course a win also)... HARD WORKING EFFORT! In the end sometimes that alone doesn't get you the W, but you at least have a better chance than if you played like a Herm Edwards ran team.

bevischief
09-13-2009, 02:59 PM
If we play with this much effort against the Raiders next week we'll beat the living dog shit out of them on principle. Say what you want but we were disciplined and played with some fire, which is more than I've seen from our guys in a couple of years.

Hopefully it leads to wins.

oldandslow
09-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Very good effort by our team. :toast:

Agree...

I was entertained by this game. KC had a chance until the final couple of minutes.

Good times around the corner.

Dave Lane
09-13-2009, 03:00 PM
We shouldn't have been even close, so good job, Todd.

Gives you hope for the future. It was nice to really cheer for the boys in red again today. End of last season I was praying for losses to make sure the 2 clowns were run out of town!

Coogs
09-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Agree...

I was entertained by this game. KC had a chance until the final couple of minutes.

Good times around the corner.

Yep. Came down to one play... the 3rd and long for the TD. We get the incompletion instead of the TD, and we might have had a chance to actually win, as I am not sure their FG kicker would have been automatic from about 50 yards.

kcpasco
09-13-2009, 03:06 PM
I hate moral victories

KcMizzou
09-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Hopefully it leads to wins.In the long run, it absolutely will.

cabletech94
09-13-2009, 03:22 PM
And what? Only 2 or 3 penalties total? THAT is an improvement.

Coogs
09-13-2009, 03:26 PM
I hate moral victories

But it does taste a lot better than what many predicted to be about a 35 point beatdown that never materialized doesn't it?

Norman Einstein
09-13-2009, 03:32 PM
on the road against one of the top teams and arguably the top defense. Piss poor first half, but much better the 2nd half and that is good. Didn't expect to win, would have been nice and we had a chance, but you can't turn around a terrible team in just 1 year.

You are right, you can't turn around a bad team in one year, BUT When you see this team you see something that we didn't see last year and that is progress towards a good team. Croyle isn't going to be the qb all year and he may not even be here next year, but he did a decent job at times and did not turn the ball over. That is always a plus. He didnt' make any dumb mistakes.

The defense looked better and if they keep their head out of their asses they just might develop into a good defense. They got pressure on a QB that had a good OL, that has to be an indicator.

We played one of the better teams today, next week we get the other end of the spectrum. Let's see what happens next Sunday.

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 03:34 PM
You are right, you can't turn around a bad team in one year, BUT When you see this team you see something that we didn't see last year and that is progress towards a good team. Croyle isn't going to be the qb all year and he may not even be here next year, but he did a decent job at times and did not turn the ball over. That is always a plus. He didnt' make any dumb mistakes.

The defense looked better and if they keep their head out of their asses they just might develop into a good defense. They got pressure on a QB that had a good OL, that has to be an indicator.

We played one of the better teams today, next week we get the other end of the spectrum. Let's see what happens next Sunday.

Well said NooB

HolmeZz
09-13-2009, 03:36 PM
I was impressed with our discipline. I don't recall too many penalties. And the effort was there, even if the talent isn't. They hung in there on the road against one of the best teams in the league despite not playing very well on either side of the ball.

kcpasco
09-13-2009, 03:37 PM

Where was this pressure you speak of?

PastorMikH
09-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Watching the game, the one thought I had is, "We're going to be good. We may not win today, it may take a year or two, but we're going to be good." The intensity is different that it was under Herm. Watching Haley rip Brodie for that TO and seeing him sit him down on the next series told me he was going to keep players accountable. I kept seeing him when he wasn't actually calling or watching the field, talking to players and actually coaching them himself.

I think Haley's intensity is going to be a good thing.

Fat Elvis
09-13-2009, 05:07 PM
But it does taste a lot better than what many predicted to be about a 35 point beatdown that never materialized doesn't it?

Utter Bullshit. You've been content with a losing organization for far too long. I want W's, nothing less.

smittysbar
09-13-2009, 05:33 PM

Agreed for the most part, but he had all fucking day back there.

chiefsfan1963
09-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Haley basically has zero talent on this team and gave a good game to one of the better teams in the league.

What will happen if he can develop the oline? Can he get a rb and another playmaker on offense? Will his D continue to get better?

No matter what we now finally have a HC.
Posted via Mobile Device

kstater
09-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Agreed for the most part, but he had all fucking day back there.

There was one play in the 1st half where he literally ran a circle around the d-line.

chiefzilla1501
09-13-2009, 06:04 PM
I was impressed with our discipline. I don't recall too many penalties. And the effort was there, even if the talent isn't. They hung in there on the road against one of the best teams in the league despite not playing very well on either side of the ball.

This is something I was thinking too. Fewer penalties. Our players weren't bouncing off tackles like in the past (granted, they were doing it at the end of the game, but can you fault them for that given the ridiculous TOP problem?)

Baby Lee
09-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Utter Bullshit. You've been content with a losing organization for far too long. I want W's, nothing less.

Lemme guess, you get pissed at your 286 PC because Autodesk Inventor takes too long to load?

Chief Faithful
09-13-2009, 06:39 PM
their offensive line is really good

I was really impressed and envious of the Ravens rookie RT.

TEX
09-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Looked better in ONE gaae under Haley then they did in 3 years under Herm. Good effort today! Hope it continues and they actually IMPROVE as the season goes on rather than get worse like they did under Herm ****ING Edwards EVERY YEAR.