PDA

View Full Version : Football You can't blame the offense for that loss

Pages : [1] 2

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2009, 02:13 PM
You can't blame the defense, You can't blame the ST.

ST made a huge play that totally changed the momentum.

Croyle took the team down and scored in the 4th quarter with no help from a running game or the tackles all day.

The D made one big play that got us back in the game DJ.

But in the end, neither the O nor the D were good enough. But placing the onus on one side or the other is wholly misguided. I don't know what more you could have expected from Brodie given the weapons and blocking he had.

Jethopper
09-13-2009, 02:14 PM
water is wet.

Mecca
09-13-2009, 02:14 PM
I blame the offense you have less than 100 yards at halftime and leave the defense on the field that long this is going to happen...

Of course the stat sheet would tell you the Chiefs had no right to be in this game.

chasedude
09-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Close but no cigar

Molitoth
09-13-2009, 02:15 PM
I agree. Terrible play throughout the entire game. A few plays that kept us in it.

I was actually expecting better play from our offence.

beer bacon
09-13-2009, 02:16 PM
We had 175 yards of offense. We can blame the offense.

Dante84
Blame it on the a-a-a-al-ca-hall

doomy3
I agree with everything in the thread starter.

Coach
09-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Somebody better call out Todd in the press conference on his playcalling/two minute offense decision making abilities, because they are just flat out awful.

Reaper16
09-13-2009, 02:18 PM
The Chiefs sucked on every level of the game today. Offense had two adequate drives, defense was pretty bad at all levels and special teams still hasn't found a returner. Yet the Chiefs were in this game right until the end. Weird game that we had no business winning.

The people that get pissed, feeling like the team should have won this game, can fuck off. Feel good about the effort.

'Hamas' Jenkins
I blame the offense you have less than 100 yards at halftime and leave the defense on the field that long this is going to happen...

Of course the stat sheet would tell you the Chiefs had no right to be in this game.

If not for two fluke plays it would have been a hell of a lot worse. People acting like the D carried this game is totally off base.

There were positives to be taken from this, but no one should be pointing fingers at any phase of the game. A unit that gave up 500 yards and almost 200 on the ground has no room to talk.

Mecca
We had 175 yards of offense. We can blame the offense.

And 50 of that was on 1 play...

The Chiefs kept the score alot closer than the stats were so that gets some credit.

Mecca
09-13-2009, 02:19 PM
If not for two fluke plays it would have been a hell of a lot worse. People acting like the D carried this game is totally off base.

There were positives to be taken from this, but no one should be pointing fingers at any phase of the game. A unit that gave up 500 yards and almost 200 on the ground has no room to talk.

Oh yea it was bad too, giving up 500 yards to the Ravens is a joke the 2 fluke plays are making people alot more excited than they probably should be.

Marcellus
Give me a fucking break. The defense was on the field the whole game except 2 drives. The offense has as much blame as the defense.

wild1
the defense assassinates themselves in the end, they can't get off the field the whole game and then when it matters, they can't make a play because they're too tired.

Mecca
09-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Getting offensively dominated by the Ravens is kind of sad, but yes they were on the field forever.

'Hamas' Jenkins
The defense didn't give up yardage at the end only b/c they were tired. They were getting eviscerated in the first half as well.

The Bad Guy
Brendan Albert can take some blame. I think the offense has to keep the chains moving to keep the defense off the field.

Ultra Peanut
This is a very not-talented team. They played shockingly competently at times. Neato.

Bugeater
The Chiefs sucked on every level of the game today. Offense had two adequate drives, defense was pretty bad at all levels and special teams still hasn't found a returner. Yet the Chiefs were in this game right until the end. Weird game that we had no business winning.

The people that get pissed, feeling like the team should have won this game, can **** off. Feel good about the effort.
You can fuck off, they don't award trophies for effort.

cdcox
We were in the game well into the 4th quarter against a playoff team on the road without our starting QB. Why would we blame anyone?

notorious
Yes, we can and will blame the offense.

Mecca
09-13-2009, 02:21 PM
It's a mix, the offense couldn't move the ball, the defense couldn't get off the field.

'Hamas' Jenkins
. The offense has as much blame as the defense.

No fucking shit, Sherlock. But neither one deserve props, nor does either deserve more derision than the other.

kstater
The Chiefs sucked on every level of the game today. game that we had no business winning.

The people that get pissed, feeling like the team should have won this game, can fuck off. Feel good about the effort.

Yup. I wasn't surprised about the vast difference in talent between the two teams, it showed. I was stunned that it was a game.

ChiTown
Brendan Albert can take some blame. I think the offense has to keep the chains moving to keep the defense off the field.

Who is Brendan Albert?
;)

Mecca

The stat sheet says they should have been blown out...just staying in that was an accomplishment.

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 02:22 PM
You are going to give up yards when you are on the field constantly. Granyed the defense wasn't great but Jesus look at the whole game.
If not for the pick no TD or the stand at Baltimore's end of the field the blocked punt wouldn't have been a TD. Take off your fucking glasses.

ChiTown
No ****ing shit, Sherlock. But neither one deserve props, nor does either deserve more derision than the other.

Yep, it was suck all the way around.

LaChapelle
It's a team game. Unless you want to bitch. Like a bitch.

dirk digler
I don't blame anyone. We were tied with 2 minutes or so left in the game when alot of people including myself thought we were going to get blown out

Pablo
I was expecting a 28-6 type of loss.

So I'm not pissed about anything. I think with Cassel and Flowers this is a much, much better game. But Croyle played well, and I am not pissed at him at all.

notorious
The stat sheet says they should have been blown out...just staying in that was an accomplishment.

The fact that this was a game is amazing. Baltimore kick KC's ass in every facet of the game except for one punt.

Priest31kc
I am officially concerned about Branden Albert now. WTF is wrong with him.

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Collective suck from the team.

The pass rush is embarrassingly bad. The middle of the D is, perhaps, even softer than I expected.

Albert played like complete dogshit, and, at times, Haley really looked like a n00b HC (end of the first half, WTF?).

Mecca
You are going to give up yards when you are on the field constantly. Granyed the defense wasn't great but Jesus look at the whole game.
If not for the pick no TD or the stand at Baltimore's end of the field the blocked punt wouldn't have been a TD. Take off your fucking glasses.

They gave up a shitload of yards the entire game it wasn't like it just happened in the 4th quarter, you don't get 500 yards total offense when you start moving the ball late due to a tired team.

notorious

A lot?

Reaper16
C'mon, Bugeater. The Chiefs had zero business playing as tight a game as they played, but they did anyway despite the startling talent deficiency.

Marcellus
No fucking shit, Sherlock. But neither one deserve props, nor does either deserve more derision than the other.

You can blame the offense asshat. The point of your thread.

notorious
09-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Ass kicking in every facet. Period.

The final score is sugar coating on a pile of shit.

Mecca
If you had told me the Ravens would jack up 500 yards of offense even I would have said no way.

'Hamas' Jenkins

Yeah, because they weren't going up and down the field on us the whole fucking game. It only happened when our guys were tired, or b/c they had the ball too much.

They threw when they wanted to and ran when they wanted to. We got no pressure on the QB and no push in the running game. We couldn't cover the middle and we got gashed on the outside.

Mecca
Ass kicking in every facet. Period.

The final score is sugar coating on a pile of shit.

That's pretty much what it was, a blocked punt and a 70 yard INT return are glossing over how thorough of an ass kicking this was.

Tribal Warfare
Albert played like complete dogshit

I'm waiting for someone to tell me that this wasn't Albert's fault

Pablo
Collective suck from the team.

The pass rush is embarrassingly bad. The middle of the D is, perhaps, even softer than I expected.

Albert played like complete dogshit, and, at times, Haley really looked like a n00b HC (end of the first half, WTF?).Yeah, Albert was probably the biggest disappointment because we all know what he's capable of; but didn't look like a Franchise LT most of the day.

wild1
09-13-2009, 02:25 PM
This was like a I-AA school going up against a pretty-good major conference school, and giving them a good game.

It was like Northern Iowa and Iowa.

Marcellus
They gave up a shitload of yards the entire game it wasn't like it just happened in the 4th quarter, you don't get 500 yards total offense when you start moving the ball late due to a tired team.

I know but the offense going 3 and out 90% of the game contributes to the issue. You have a weak defense, you have to keep them on the sideline as well.

notorious
If you had told me the Ravens would jack up 500 yards of offense even I would have said no way.

The way the first quarter went, I though Flacco was going to have 450 yards passing. Before the game started I would have never believed it though.

DeezNutz
You can blame the offense asshat. The point of your thread.

No, that's not the point.

Dayze
09-13-2009, 02:26 PM
offense was putrid. I can blame the offense.
aside from a 2 yd drive as a result of a DJ INT, the only real play of substance was the play to Bradley.

that 50 yd play makes up a substantial portion of the stats.

if there's not short field after the DJ INT this score is considerably different.

oh, and no first down until around 8 minutes into the 2nd qtr.

that'..............is awful.

Pablo
That's pretty much what it was, a blocked punt and a 70 yard INT return are glossing over how thorough of an ass kicking this was.Last I checked points determine the outcome of the game. And we scored way more than I anticipated; in various ways.

milkman
The O _line couldn't give Croyle the protection to set up in the pocket in the first half, and LJ is as I've pointed out over and over again the last couple of years, useless.

Haley called a conservative game in the first half, and they never got anything going.

Meanwhile, the defense spent too much time on the field in that first half, so when the offense finally showed up, they were gassed and unbale to sustain.

But the fact is, there were some things that we can take away from this game.

The offense, even with Croyle at the helm DID finally show up.

The defense did play decently in the first half and made a couple of big plays.

If Haley can get creative find a way to allow the QB some time, not a lot, but some, we can compete.

We won't win a lot of games, but we can make them interesting and build on it.

DeezNutz
offense was putrid. I can blame the offense.
aside from a 2 yd drive as a result of a DJ INT, the only real play of substance was the play to Bradley.

that 50 yd play makes up a substantial portion of the stats.

if there's not short field after the DJ INT this score is considerably different.

Absolutely correct.

And the D was just as bad, from start to finish.

Hootie
we were obviously the inferior team...for sure.

and I liked the defensive play call that led to the game winner...

So yeah, not sure what to blame...

but 60 yards of total offense through 3 quarters (with 20 being meaningless stat yards at the end of the 1st half)...

and that throw from Brodie on 3rd and 18 in the last minute...

Those are things that frustrate me.

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 02:27 PM
No, that's not the point.

Thread title:

You can't blame the offense for that loss

Try again.

kysirsoze
09-13-2009, 02:27 PM
I agree with the OP except it should be worded differently. You CAN blame the offense. It's just that there's plenty of blame left over for the rest of the team. Trying to defend the defense is pretty ridiculous.

JuicesFlowing
09-13-2009, 02:28 PM

The people that get pissed, feeling like the team should have won this game, can **** off. Feel good about the effort.

Agree. No chance of winning, very entertaining game to though.

Mecca
09-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Last I checked points determine the outcome of the game. And we scored way more than I anticipated; in various ways.

That's a fine take and everything they made a game of it when they had no right too.

Problem is you aren't going to block a punt every week or get huge INT returns so they will have to figure out the problems they have.

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 02:29 PM
All said, a loss, a lot of negatives but plenty,I say again plenty, of positives. They took a team who went to the AFC championship game to the wire at home.

wild1

but 60 yards of total offense through 3 quarters (with 20 being meaningless stat yards at the end of the 1st half)...

How about your prediction we would hold them under 100 yards rushing?

Simply Red
so mediocre? STILL? Yep, yes we are.

'Hamas' Jenkins

There's nothing to blame. We're just not that good. People just need perspective, because we aren't going to get two scores gift wrapped for us every game.

Croyle showed poise for most of the game, he made some great throws, and our defense had a few big plays, and the blocked punt was huge.

If anything, it shows you how much a game can change on 1 or 2 plays, even when you are totally outclassed...and we were.

Bob Dole
The fucking defense was on the field for just 11 seconds shy of FORTY FUCKING MINUTES because the offense couldn't get a damned first down until there was 2:13 left in the first half.

Contrarian

Don't know what you were watchin!
If Legget wasn't giving up first downs and and TDs all afternoon we would have probably puled out the win. Oh and **** off back at ya.

Marcellus
That's a fine take and everything they made a game of it when they had no right too.

Problem is you aren't going to block a punt every week or get huge INT returns so they will have to figure out the problems they have.

What did you predict the score to be?

HC_Chief
Weakness = LB. MLB in particular. Mays and Williams were not good today. Both trailed plays, left the middle zones wide open,and took bad angles. At least Mays knows how to tackle... Williams whiffs as much as Pollard did.

RINGLEADER
09-13-2009, 02:30 PM
I blame first half offense.

No production whatsoever (unless you count a TD from the six yard-line) and they left the defense totally gassed in the second half. One thing contributed to the other IMO.

Hootie
Here are a few thoughts from me...

Our team is awful.

The fact we were in the game until the end is unbelievable considering how much worse we were than Baltimore.

So...

I don't know.

We knew we were going to lose...Cassel didn't play...I guess they get a pass this week...and we'll start over next Sunday.

DeezNutz
Thread title:

Try again.

Was there an OP, or just a thread title?

What was the content of the OP and thus the overall thesis?

KCDC
Yep, it was suck all the way around.

500 yards on defense, no pass rush at all, and Leggett getting beat like a drum on every 3rd down play. Flacco had 10 seconds to throw the ball on each play, at a minimum. Brodie had an average of three seconds to throw the ball.

Failure on defense was mirrored on offense. One first down in the first half. The last play of the half was done to pad the statistics so Haley wouldn't look as foolish with 30 yeards offense in the first half. Chan Gailey was laughing his a** off. Horrible play calling in 2 minute offense by Haley, bad blocking, no ability to rush the ball. Croyle was able to pad his passing statistics when the game did not matter.

Overall, poor performance. Amazing that the game was as close as it was though.

TinyEvel
Well, if anyone said we'd be leading in the third quarter I'd have said shut up. The "fluke" plays are part of the game. We've won by them and lost by them, so they count. I expected this to be way worse. I think LJ is the chump of the day. Coaches and LJ need to adjust his play for this shit line. Then again, it was the Raven's defense.

Marcellus
The fucking defense was on the field for just 11 seconds shy of FORTY FUCKING MINUTES because the offense couldn't get a damned first down until there was 2:13 left in the first half.
They had their own hand in it but yes, the offense hurt them.

I guess you are supposed to go 3 and out every fucking defensive series. Good lord.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Thread title:

Try again.

Read the OP and stop looking for buzzwords, for fuck's sake. :shake:

milkman

Last year, he just played and reacted, and his natural athleticism served him well.

This year he's trying to learn and use technique.

He's not playing naturally, and it's slowed him down.

Hootie
How about your prediction we would hold them under 100 yards rushing?

how about my prediction that we would play ultra conservative?

how about my prediction that Carson Palmer would be awful...

If our offense wasn't so bad, we would've held them to jack shit rushing...why do you think Flacco had 40+ attempts?

In the first half...they couldn't run the ball...our defense got tired...

Come on...you're better than this.

Mecca
09-13-2009, 02:32 PM

I was expecting something like 24-6.

The defense was out there alot yes but part of that was their own fault they could not get off the field and the Ravens are not a juggernaut offensive unit.

Marcellus
Was there an OP, or just a thread title?

What was the content of the OP and thus the overall thesis?

But in the end, neither the O nor the D were good enough. But placing the onus on one side or the other is wholly misguided. I don't know what more you could have expected from Brodie given the weapons and blocking he had.

This statement is true but yes, you can blame the offense. What does the last line say? We could have expected better play which was shown in the second half.

Hootie
There's nothing to blame. We're just not that good. People just need perspective, because we aren't going to get two scores gift wrapped for us every game.

Croyle showed poise for most of the game, he made some great throws, and our defense had a few big plays, and the blocked punt was huge.

If anything, it shows you how much a game can change on 1 or 2 plays, even when you are totally outclassed...and we were.
I know...we were inferior...for sure...100%.

Croyle? Poise? Nah...

That 3rd and 18 throw sums him up...

That made no sense...no matter what...I rather him take a sack..fumble..throw a pick 6...that throw was a terrible decision...

googlegoogle
One side is wearing the other out.

The lack of a run game hurts the defense.

Baby Lee
I blame this loss entirely on playing a much better team on the road.

Pablo
09-13-2009, 02:33 PM
I guess I should be surprised that people are pissed that we took an AFC Championship contender with a Top 5 defense, a budding young QB and a good running game down to the wire on their home turf. But I'm not. This is CP afterall.

kcxiv
09-13-2009, 02:33 PM
We are a tough team, the problem is we arent any good. We just dont have the talent. Its as simple as that.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2009, 02:34 PM

If our offense wasn't so bad, we would've held them to jack shit rushing...why do you think Flacco had 40+ attempts?

They were averaging over 4 ypc in the first half. They didn't have a lot of yards b/c Flacco was throwing the ball all over the yard. You watched the game, you know that.

Micjones
I place at least some of the blame at the conservative offensive playcalling.
I think the way to beat the Ravens is to attack them and go vertical.
We had some success when we did that. Wish we had opened things up sooner...

Reaper16
Don't know what you were watchin!
If Legget wasn't giving up first downs and and TDs all afternoon we would have probably puled out the win. Oh and **** off back at ya.
You aren't football savvy enough to provide analysis of any worth to anyone. I didn't see Leggett give up any touchdowns. In fact, he saved a couple. The first downs in the first quarter were bad, but mostly due to being schemed to play way off the receiver coupled with a complete lack of pressure on the QB.

dirk digler
I guess I should be surprised that people are pissed that we took an AFC Championship contender with a Top 5 defense, a budding young QB and a good running game down to the wire on their home turf. But I'm not. This is CP afterall.

No shit. I am pretty happy considering we were missing our 2 best players

wild1
09-13-2009, 02:35 PM

I didn't know why everyone picked on you until today. now i realize it's because you go around begging for it. You have been wandering around here all day with your cock hanging out of your pants

DeezNutz
ST TD and damn near a TD from the D.

When both of these things happen in a single game, it's really fucking tough to lose, statistically speaking.

And we still lost by 2 TDs.

Serious lack of talent on this roster.

bevischief
The OL.

Marcellus
No shit. I am pretty happy considering we were missing our 2 best players

Flowers could have been the difference in this game.

Hootie
09-13-2009, 02:36 PM
They were averaging over 4 ypc in the first half. They didn't have a lot of yards b/c Flacco was throwing the ball all over the yard. You watched the game, you know that.

our only stops in the 1st half came when they ran the ball...

They stalled their own drives...the passing game was wide open that entire first half...

the only time we got stops was when flacco made poor throws...

Our defense was porous...and that surprised me.

Marcellus

When both of these things happen in a single game, it's really fucking tough to lose, statistically speaking.

The last TD was garbage. We lost by 1 TD in their house.

Hootie
I didn't know why everyone picked on you until today. now i realize it's because you go around begging for it. You have been wandering around here all day with your cock hanging out of your pants

what does that even mean?

In your opinion...what did our defense struggle with more today?

The running game...or the play-action passes?

Mecca
09-13-2009, 02:37 PM
The defense being bad in the pass game shouldn't really be surprising there is still no pass rush which means someone will get open, Flacco could have made a sandwich back there on most plays.

Pablo
No shit. I am pretty happy considering we were missing our 2 best playersYeah, with Cassel and Flowers this game might have played out a little bit different. Maybe Haley would have been a little more ballsy with the playcalls in the first half; and I know Flowers wouldn't have been punked so badly in the first half...

Marcellus
KC offense was 2-10 on 3rd down.

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 02:38 PM
The last TD was garbage. We lost by 1 TD in their house.

Win the TO battle. ST TD and damn near a D TD.

Odds of winning = huge. To lose = impressive lack of talent.

Hootie
Hamas if you were in chat today...I had a 1st half meltdown.

We're terrible.

The fact we HAD a lead in this game...in the 2nd half...was amazing to me.

We didn't deserve it.

And Baby Lee is 100% correct...he blames the loss on playing a better team on the road.

Bingo.

And we knew it...and it sucks that we stayed competitive (not sure how)...

But that offense was TURRRRRIBLE...so lets hope Cassel brings something to the table because wow...Brodie...yikes.

DBOSHO

When both of these things happen in a single game, it's really ****ing tough to lose, statistically speaking.

we lost by 1 touchdown.

Mecca
09-13-2009, 02:39 PM
I don't think Flowers would have changed that they were getting repeatedly abused by the TE and RB's in the pass game.

kcxiv
09-13-2009, 02:39 PM
we lost by 1 touchdown.

We lost by what the score says regardless of anything. lol

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Hamas if you were in chat today...I had a 1st half meltdown.

We're terrible.

The fact we HAD a lead in this game...in the 2nd half...was amazing to me.

We didn't deserve it.

And Baby Lee is 100% correct...he blames the loss on playing a better team on the road.

Bingo.

And we knew it...and it sucks that we stayed competitive (not sure how)...

But that offense was TURRRRRIBLE...so lets hope Cassel brings something to the table because wow...Brodie...yikes.

Aside from the last drive and his negligibly better mobility, what would Cassel have done today that would have made that offensive performance better?

I'm not saying that Croyle > Cassel, but for having no running game or pass pro, and playing the 2nd best D in the NFL, he did really all you can expect given the "weapons" he had.

Just Passin' By
09-13-2009, 02:41 PM
The team played hard and lost to a better team on the road. They were without their starting QB and still found a way to keep the game close. It won't be a happy locker room, but the game was a small step in the right direction. There's a long way to go for this team, and the lack of talent is obvious, but they're going to play hard and they should improve over the course of the year.

dirk digler
The defense being bad in the pass game shouldn't really be surprising there is still no pass rush which means someone will get open, Flacco could have made a sandwich back there on most plays.

Yep. Why is Krumrie still coaching on this team? He is horrible

Pablo
Aside from the last drive and his negligibly better mobility, what would Cassel have done today that would have made that offensive performance better?

I'm not saying that Croyle > Cassel, but for having no running game or pass pro, and playing the 2nd best D in the NFL, he did really all you can expect given the "weapons" he had.The only edge I think we really get from Cassel is confidence in playcalling from Haley. He might have tried to chuck it around a bit more instead of handing off to the goddamn centaur all first half.

'Hamas' Jenkins
KC offense was 2-10 on 3rd down.

Baltimore was 10-17, often in 7 or longer. We were abysmal on 3rd down today.

Hootie

I'm not saying that Croyle > Cassel, but for having no running game or pass pro, and playing the 2nd best D in the NFL, he did really all you can expect given the "weapons" he had.

Well we'll just have to see...

Try to defend his 3rd and 18 decision...

As a fan...

I'd rather see a sack or a pick 6 than a...pivotal...3rd and 18...90 seconds left...throw to a double covered blocking tight end 3 yards past the LOS...

That pass made no sense.

Mecca
09-13-2009, 02:42 PM
we lost by 1 touchdown.

When you call timeouts at the end of the game so the other team scores on you, it counts.

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 02:43 PM
What this game said to me is that when things don't go perfectly (huge plays from ST and D), we're going to get fucking smoked.

WilliamTheIrish
09-13-2009, 02:43 PM
We were in the game well into the 4th quarter against a playoff team on the road without our starting QB. Why would we blame anyone?

Because.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Well we'll just have to see...

Try to defend his 3rd and 18 decision...

As a fan...

I'd rather see a sack or a pick 6 than a...pivotal...3rd and 18...90 seconds left...throw to a double covered blocking tight end 3 yards past the LOS...

That pass made no sense.

If someone is on your ass, you get rid of the fucking ball, period. You can try to step up and throw deep, but if you don't have any time, you try and get rid of it and hope that one of your TE's can break a tackle and put it in a manageable down and distance. It's not ideal, but it's not the abortion you make it out to be.

Mecca
What this game said to me is that when things don't go perfectly (huge plays from ST and D), we're going to get fucking smoked.

Pretty much.

Dayze
I blame this loss entirely on playing a much better team on the road.

I blame this loss entirely on the Chiefs playing a regular season opponent. :D

WilliamTheIrish
09-13-2009, 02:45 PM

Yup.

The Chiefs had given up 237 yards of total offense with 3 minutes left in the SECOND quarter.

Hootie
What this game said to me is that when things don't go perfectly (huge plays from ST and D), we're going to get ****ing smoked.

Flacco threw a LOT of tipped balls that could have fallen our way...and the 1 sack by Hali with the strip didn't go our way...

So...

As much as special teams went "perfectly"...defense really didn't.

Flacco really didn't impress me that much...he was good...but he surely wasn't great.

dirk digler

I don't know about that. I said before the season started this team will be competitive in most games because they will fight and never quit.

Tiger's Fan
09-13-2009, 02:46 PM
I don't think Flowers would have changed that they were getting repeatedly abused by the TE and RB's in the pass game.

Flowers being out brought Colclough into the game, when combined with Legget being the starting corner made one hell of a difference in the game.

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Yup.

The Chiefs had given up 237 yards of total offense with 3 minutes left in the SECOND quarter.

The offense had no part in that.;)

Hootie
09-13-2009, 02:47 PM
If someone is on your ass, you get rid of the ****ing ball, period. You can try to step up and throw deep, but if you don't have any time, you try and get rid of it and hope that one of your TE's can break a tackle and put it in a manageable down and distance. It's not ideal, but it's not the abortion you make it out to be.

The only thing that stands out to me about Croyle today was that pass on 3rd and 18...

It was a dumb decision...period...he was in a hurry to get rid of that ball.

Made NO sense...and if you argue that you're just trying to argue.

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 02:47 PM

Agreed. No doubt.

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Win the TO battle. ST TD and damn near a D TD.

Odds of winning = huge. To lose = impressive lack of talent.

'Hamas' Jenkins
The only thing that stands out to me about Croyle today was that pass on 3rd and 18...

It was a dumb decision...period...he was in a hurry to get rid of that ball.

Made NO sense...and if you argue that you're just trying to argue.

If you seriously will judge someone's entire performance on one pass on 3rd and 18 where he was harassed from both sides, had nothing to step up into, and still didn't take a sack or throw a pick, then I don't know what to tell you, because I don't have Rosetta Stone: Retard Edition that will allow me to craft a suitable translation.

Baby Lee
I blame this loss entirely on the Chiefs playing a regular season opponent. :D

I have the Ravens beating the Eagles in this year's SB, and they were in the AFC Championship last year. That's a RSO of a different color from the Raiders and Donkeys, particularly on the road.

We'll see, in coming weeks, how this outing compares to what they do to other teams, and what we do against lesser competition.

Hootie
09-13-2009, 02:49 PM
hey hamas carson palmer looked really good today LMAO

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 02:49 PM

Give me a fucking break. Legget gave up most of the big plays in the first quarter.

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 02:51 PM

Why are you avoiding the thread in which busted chops about the Chiefs run D?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2009, 02:54 PM

You probably didn't watch that game. He completed 60% of his passes, and I don't know about the second pick, but the first was because it bounced straight off his WR and into the hands of a linebacker. It's not his fault the fucking coaches don't know how to protect the field against a 90 yard play with 2 seconds left.

WilliamTheIrish
09-13-2009, 02:55 PM

Seven times the ravens converted on 3rd and 7 or more, including one 3rd and 14 and a 3rd and 13.

One third and 9 resulted in the TD to Bradley. (on the double safety blitz.)

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Seven times the ravens converted on 3rd and 7 or more, including one 3rd and 14 and a 3rd and 13.

One third and 9 resulted in the TD to Bradley. (on the double safety blitz.)

Clearly this is due to our D being fatigued.

Titty Meat
09-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Basically this team sucks

WilliamTheIrish
09-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Basically this team sucks

Yea, we're crummy. I said we'd win three.

Titty Meat
09-13-2009, 02:58 PM

Nah they don't get fatigued. Haley ran a great conditioning program according to the kc star!

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Oak has a solid core of RBs, and I'm going to be laughing my ass off when people are shocked that we're getting gashed next weekend.

"Where's the effort from Balt?!?"

This game was a blowout, but some aren't going to recognize it.

WilliamTheIrish
09-13-2009, 03:02 PM

And they stink. But this team is what it is and I expected no different. I wouldn't doubt they were tired by the late 2nd quarter today. ToP was 21-9 in the 1st half.

Titty Meat
09-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Oak has a solid core of RBs, and I'm going to be laughing my ass off when people are shocked that we're getting gashed next weekend.

I know right? Seems like last year all over again. Starting QB injured and the game looks to be "close" playing Oakland in the home opener.

chiefs1111
09-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Yea, we're crummy. I said we'd win three.

if we are lucky

dirk digler

:spock:

Tied with 2 minutes left in the game = blowout?

Marcellus

That's where you are a blind mother fucker. It wasn't a blow out. Yes statistically but not on the scoreboard. Game tied with 2 minutes left, not a blow out.

Are you going to eat shit when the Chiefs win next week?

Mecca
09-13-2009, 03:05 PM
:spock:

Tied with 2 minutes left in the game = blowout?

It's a blowout on the stat sheet which means without a few breaks you're getting killed, you can't expect to get those breaks every week.

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 03:07 PM
It's a blowout on the stat sheet which means without a few breaks you're getting killed, you can't expect to get those breaks every week.

And the final TD doesn't count.

But...I'm also not counting the punt block and TD because those things rarely happen either.

Oh, and DJ made an appearance today, which is rare, so his INT doesn't count.

dirk digler
09-13-2009, 03:07 PM

IIRC when I played sports we determined who wins by the scoreboard not stats

notorious
09-13-2009, 03:08 PM
The Chiefs have a LONG wasy to go. I expected this shitty showing this week.

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 03:08 PM

What? What? Nope they hand out the Lombardi Trophy to the the team with the best starts each year.

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 03:09 PM

You're right.

We lost by 2 TDs, which isn't a particularly close game in the NFL.

If we don't get to look at stats, it shouldn't matter when or how those TDs were scored.

Mecca
09-13-2009, 03:09 PM

But...I'm also not counting the punt block and TD because those things rarely happen either.

Personally I think it's funny to try to rationalize what happened there. They got a blocked punt that may happen one more time this year...they got a big D play that resulted in a TD. And still lost by 2 TD's and gave up 500 yards to a team that isn't a top 10 offensive unit.

The Chiefs played hard and hung in a game they had no business to be in I'll give them that.

Titty Meat
09-13-2009, 03:10 PM
I'm glad we lost by 14 points if we woulda lost by 7 cocksuckers would say how the game was close and the defense played good

Tiger's Fan

I'd think with as many legit things there are to bitch about in todays game, you have to be trying really hard to shit on the scoreboard. But it seems that you enjoy these sorts of things so, knock yourself out.

dirk digler
You're right.

If we don't get to look at stats, it shouldn't matter when or how those TDs were scored.

I just don't think anyone would consider this game a blowout when it is tied with 2 minutes left

Titty Meat
09-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Personally I think it's funny to try to rationalize what happened there. They got a blocked punt that may happen one more time this year...they got a big D play that resulted in a TD. And still lost by 2 TD's and gave up 500 yards to a team that isn't a top 10 offensive unit.

The Chiefs played hard and hung in a game they had no business to be in I'll give them that.

Funny thing is some jerkoffs said since the Chiefs cut Pollard they wouldn't block punts and since they traded a 2nd for Tony Gonzalez they'd suck in the red zone. They proved both of those things to be wrong which is hilarious.

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 03:11 PM

Again I have to ask, how do you know if they are a top 10 offense or not with one game played?

Is it Flacco, the RB's they have, or the mammoth offense line you don't like?

Tiger's Fan
09-13-2009, 03:12 PM
I'm glad we lost by 14 points if we woulda lost by 7 one who sucks the peniss would say how the game was close and the defense played good

I have no earthly idea why anyone would refer to you as being such a dumbass.

Marcellus
You're right.

We lost like 8 games last year by 7 points or less, do you think that was decent team? What did you see on the field?

DeezNutz
I'd think with as many legit things there are to bitch about in todays game, you have to be trying really hard to shit on the scoreboard. But it seems that you enjoy these sorts of things so, knock yourself out.

I have no idea what you're talking about here.

I think this team played like complete shit. Great effort, but a terrible showing, overall.

Titty Meat
09-13-2009, 03:13 PM
I have no earthly idea why anyone would refer to you as being such a dumbass.

Being called a dumbass on Chiefsplanet is like people in Texas calling George Bush a great president.

dirk digler
09-13-2009, 03:13 PM

No one is rationalizing anything. It was tied with 2 minutes left.

I just think it is funny when the Chiefs make good plays they are lucky when good teams make the same type of plays it is because they are great.

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 03:14 PM
No one is rationalizing anything. It was tied with 2 minutes left.

I just think it is funny when the Chiefs make good plays they are lucky when good teams make the same type of plays it is because they are great.

What part of the 500 yards of total offense did you see as lucky?

Mecca
09-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Again I have to ask, how do you know if they are a top 10 offense or not with one game played?

Is it Flacco, the RB's they have, or the mammoth offense line you don't like?

They're not a top 10 unit lets be realistic about this.

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 03:17 PM

What part of a blocked punt and DJ making a 73 yrd pick is luck?

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 03:18 PM
What part of a blocked punt and DJ making a 73 yrd pick is luck?

How frequently do these occur?

Are these plays we can count on consistently? (block for a TD, at that)

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 03:18 PM

We shall see.

This isn't the Trent Dilfer era team.

Reaper16
09-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Stop being a dumbfuck, dirk. This game was close, but the team's performance shouldn't make you think that the Chiefs will play many other close games this season (outside of division games).

kcpasco
09-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Stop being a dumb****, dirk. This game was close, but the team's performance shouldn't make you think that the Chiefs will play many other close games this season (outside of division games).

I dunno if I even want to watch that Eagles game

dirk digler
09-13-2009, 03:20 PM

Probably not many.

Considering the vast talent differences between these 2 teams we were tied with 2 minutes in the game. As I said before this team is going to be competitive because they are going to fight and scratch for 60 minutes

JuicesFlowing
09-13-2009, 03:21 PM
O-line sucks = Offense off the field every 3 plays. Defense on field for a long time = tired defense. End of game, defense is worn out. Therefore offense could be blamed .... (perhaps someone posted this earlier)

DBOSHO
09-13-2009, 03:21 PM
wheres knowmo?

dirk digler
09-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Stop being a dumbfuck, dirk. This game was close, but the team's performance shouldn't make you think that the Chiefs will play many other close games this season (outside of division games).

I think you will be wrong. They might not win many games I predicted 4-5 but I don't see too many blowouts either.

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 03:24 PM
How frequently do these occur?

Are these plays we can count on consistently?

LOL. But it's luck? How often will we go against the #2 defense in the league?

Do you remember what KC's defense used to do to teams at home? Do you remember SF,STL, and GB coming in in their SB years and getting demolished?

All I am saying is playing tough against a strong ass defense on their home field in game 1 is not a bad thing regardless of the stats. Yea the defense gave up some ridiculous yards. The offense was RRPP in the first half. All irritating. But at the end we were there.

Keep bitching though, it will make you feel better.

I am not happy they lost either but shit man, give some credit where it is due. They played tough, showed some guts and hung in.

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 03:27 PM
LOL. But it's luck? How often will we go against the #2 defense in the league?

Do you remember what KC's defense used to do to teams at home? Do you remember SF,STL, and GB coming in in their SB years and getting demolished?

All I am saying is playing tough against a strong ass defense on their home field in game 1 is not a bad thing regardless of the stats. Yea the defense gave up some ridiculous yards. The offense was RRPP in the first half. All irritating. But at the end we were there.

Keep bitching though, it will make you feel better.

I am not happy they lost either but shit man, give some credit where it is due. They played tough, showed some guts and hung in.

I give them all the credit in the world for that, and I've said as much in several threads.

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 03:28 PM
I give them all the credit in the world for that, and I've said as much in several threads.

Lets not write it all off to luck then just yet.
Hell last year we hung with NE game 1 to the end and then got killed by the Raiders.

I guess next week is the litmus test.

dirk digler
09-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Hell last year we hung with NE game 1 to the end and then got killed by the Raiders.

I agree. If we stink next week against the Raiders at home then it was luck.

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 03:34 PM
I agree. If we stink next week against the Raiders at home then it was luck.

Luck isn't really the right word.

It's not luck that DJ made a play or that McGraw came up huge. It was solid execution.

But what is unusual as hell (some might even say, *lucky*) is that a team can get ass fucking whipped in all aspects of the game and stay within any kind of striking distance.

I certainly don't like my chances. The numbers aren't lying. The Chiefs were really that bad in all aspects of the game.

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2009, 03:37 PM

It's not luck that DJ made a play or that McGraw came up huge. It was solid execution.

But what is unusual as hell (some might even say, *lucky*) is that a team can get ass fucking whipped in all aspects of the game and stay within any kind of striking distance.

I certainly don't like my chances. The numbers aren't lying. The Chiefs were really that bad in all aspects of the game.

Yep.

Hamas would use a poker reference here.

You might crack pocket aces with 8-3 offsuit once out of every 16 hands, but you sure as hell don't plan on it.

If you're expecting a punt block for a TD and a 70 yard INT returned inside the 5 to stay competitive every week, you're in for a long year.

beach tribe
09-13-2009, 03:38 PM
You can't blame the defense, You can't blame the ST.

ST made a huge play that totally changed the momentum.

Croyle took the team down and scored in the 4th quarter with no help from a running game or the tackles all day.

The D made one big play that got us back in the game DJ.

Pendergast PERIOD.

We should have adjusted to Bump, and run by the 2nd series.

Two small, slow wrs, and were playing 15 yards off the ball. Sickening.

wild1
09-13-2009, 03:39 PM

But what is unusual as hell (some might even say, *lucky*) is that a team can get ass ****ing whipped in all aspects of the game and stay within any kind of striking distance.

It shows that special teams are important, for one, and the Chiefs didn't seem to care about special teams the last few years.

WilliamTheIrish
09-13-2009, 03:39 PM

Finally, I was waiting for somebody to remember last season. This team is really, really bad. And losing next week would not be a surprise.

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Yep.

You might crack pocket aces with 8-3 offsuit once out of every 16 hands, but you sure as hell don't plan on it.

If you're expecting a punt block for a TD and a 70 yard INT returned inside the 5 to stay competitive every week, you're in for a long year.

Good analogy.

But I won the fucking hand!!!311

beach tribe
09-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Yep.

I wish i could disagree, but I can't.

If we could have coupled some competent D coordinating with some of the breaks we got, we would have won.

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 03:41 PM
It shows that special teams are important, for one, and the Chiefs didn't seem to care about special teams the last few years.

Why do you say that?

I think they cared. They just fucking sucked.

And Herm's son, McGraw, was on the team last year, too.

dirk digler
09-13-2009, 03:42 PM
I understand what you guys are saying. I also don't like my chances when 2 of my best players on both sides of the ball are not playing and we still had a chance to win.

Once Cassel and Flowers were declared inactive I thought we were going to get blown out and was thinking that going into the 2nd quarter but they fought back and had a chance to win this game. Way it goes. Let's just hope they will play just as hard next week against the Raiders.

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Finally, I was waiting for somebody to remember last season. This team is really, really bad. And losing next week would not be a surprise.

I know last years team was really really bad but I don't think this team is the same.

We benched DJ, cut Pollard, played without Flowers, our #1 QB hurt, a new o-line which didn't do as bad as advertised, a 2 week old offensive scheme, all new receivers with the exception of Bowe, and no TG, a new defensive scheme with the whole front 7 in new roles, and still took it to the wire.

Last year week 1 the stats looked better and we lost, this year they look bad and we lost, yet I have a better feeling about this team.

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Why do you say that?

I think they cared. They just fucking sucked.

And Herm's son, McGraw, was on the team last year, too.

And McGraw already looks better this year. Coaching?:hmmm:

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 03:49 PM
And McGraw already looks better this year. Coaching?:hmmm:

Possibly.

But our return game was just as bad, so a much larger sample size is needed to claim they're a better-coached group.

Remember that some castoff named Pollard was pretty effective on ST his first year under Herm.

WilliamTheIrish
09-13-2009, 03:49 PM
I know last years team was really really bad but I don't think this team is the same.

We benched DJ, cut Pollard, played without Flowers, our #1 QB hurt, a new o-line which didn't do as bad as advertised, a 2 week old offensive scheme, all new receivers with the exception of Bowe, and no TG, a new defensive scheme with the whole front 7 in new roles, and still took it to the wire.

Last year week 1 the stats looked better and we lost, this year they look bad and we lost, yet I have a better feeling about this team.

Glass is half full for me on this issue, Marcellus. I see a team that's lacking that real physical bad ass presence on D that you must have to win games like that.

I'm afraid next week will be a real let down for the fans.

Mecca
09-13-2009, 03:50 PM
I don't know how you can feel better 500 yards of offensive to any team let alone the Ravens is embarrassing.

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 03:52 PM
If Gun were still the D coordinator and we just gave up 198 on the ground, people would be going bat fucking shit crazy.

kcpasco
09-13-2009, 03:52 PM
And you can't blame the kicker either

How bout that Succop?

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2009, 03:53 PM
If Gun were still the D coordinator and we just gave up 198 on the ground, people would be going bat fucking shit crazy.

ESTO.

Mecca
09-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Joe Flacco had the game of his career today and people are being positive, I'm not really getting it.

dirk digler
I think for the first game our ST's are noticeably better.

Second and one thing people are ignoring is how smart this team played today which is alot different than the previous 3 years. 2 penalties and no turnovers

DeezNutz
And you can't blame the kicker either

How bout that Succop?

Kickoff through the end zone?

53-yard field goal?

Very cool.

kcpasco
09-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Kickoff through the end zone?

53-yard field goal?

Very cool.

Ya its been awhile since I didn't cringe everytime we kicked a FG

Mecca
09-13-2009, 03:55 PM
I think for the first game our ST's are noticeably better.

Second and one thing people are ignoring is how smart this team played today which is alot different than the previous 3 years. 2 penalties and no turnovers

So the kicker is better and they blocked a punt...outside of that the return game is still god awful.

It's also not hard to not have turnovers when you're being conservative and you lose TOP 40-20.

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Let's face it: Herm and Carl are gone, so we're still in the Honeymoon period.

Everything they did was wrong and dumb as fuck, and everything the new guys do will be great. 500 yards of offense? Eh, no biggie. We'll come around...

Mecca
09-13-2009, 03:57 PM
How many plays did the Ravens run today, 80? I bet they had about double the Chiefs number.

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Haley had so much confidence in our ability not to turn it over that he went balls out at the end of the first half to try to tie the score.

Lots of confidence in his offensive unit.

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Haley had so much confidence in our ability not to turn it over that he went balls out at the end of the first half to try to tie the score.

I feel confident saying Haley isn't pleased with his first game calling plays either.

I doubt he is like Herm sitting around saying it had nothing to do with his effort.

dirk digler
09-13-2009, 03:58 PM

What was the breakdown between 1st half and 2nd half?

I think that it was probably alot more in the 2nd half and people know that the D was on the field for 40 minutes

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Joe Flacco had the game of his career today and people are being positive, I'm not really getting it.

BIG PICTURE.

Oh yea you can't see the big picture. That Trojan blow up doll is obscuring the view.

Mecca
09-13-2009, 03:59 PM

I think that it was probably alot more in the 2nd half and people know that the D was on the field for 40 minutes

Um it flashed up on the TV the Ravens had 237 yards of total offense with about 2 minutes to go till halftime....it's not like they were strong in the first half on defense.

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 04:00 PM

They averaged over 4 YPC in the first half and weren't focusing on the run.

If they wanted to, Balt. probably would have run for 300 yards.

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2009, 04:01 PM

No shit.

What the fuck?

Ball at midfield, 2 timouts in your pocket, and he pulls that shit?

Also, WTF was with the TO with 1 second left? I was so pissed about the fucking draw on 3rd down that I turned to the Saints game, only to find out he called a timeout - but never heard what happened.

Did we run a play?

Mecca
I thought the Ravens were passing to much so I went and looked...they ran it 41 times...they ran a total of 85 plays, 85 fucking plays.

When you have that many plays it explains how they had 40 passes.

dirk digler
So the kicker is better and they blocked a punt...outside of that the return game is still god awful.

It's also not hard to not have turnovers when you're being conservative and you lose TOP 40-20.

I thought the coverage units was a ton better as well.

The point I was making was that Haley has committed to get this team to play smarter and his first game he was successful on that front.

beach tribe
09-13-2009, 04:02 PM
Um it flashed up on the TV the Ravens had 237 yards of total offense with about 2 minutes to go till halftime....it's not like they were strong in the first half on defense.

You are correct. We had 0 pass rush in the first half. It was embarrassing. Flacco missed a couple guys later, after having about 6 seconds to throw the ball.

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 04:03 PM
No shit.

What the ****?

Ball at midfield, 2 timouts in your pocket, and he pulls that shit?

Also, WTF was with the TO with 1 second left? I was so pissed about the ****ing draw on 3rd down that I turned to the Saints game, only to find out he called a timeout - but never heard what happened.

Did we run a play?

Yes, about a 20-yard pass or so to Charles.

dirk digler
09-13-2009, 04:07 PM

I was talking about the rushing D

They averaged over 4 YPC in the first half and weren't focusing on the run.

If they wanted to, Balt. probably would have run for 300 yards.

Thanks. They had around 45 yds rushing the first half and about 15 of those were from Flacco

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2009, 04:08 PM
Yes, about a 20-yard pass or so to Charles.

Sounds Herm-esque.

HolmeZz
09-13-2009, 04:16 PM
It's almost pointless to bitch about the defense right now. It's like yelling at a blind guy for running into a wall.

The team is switching to a new defensive scheme that they don't have the talent in place to run. It's all a process. Reacting to today's game like it was supposed to be a finished product is retarded and will only lead to aggrevation. There were a number of positive things to take away from this game.

WilliamTheIrish
09-13-2009, 04:18 PM
The Ravens pass attempts by quarter (unofficial)

1ST) 13

2ND) 12

3RD) 12

4TH) 8

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Hell, play calling on offense beat us if anything and yea that's on Haley and yea I think he knows it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2009, 04:20 PM
And they stink. But this team is what it is and I expected no different. I wouldn't doubt they were tired by the late 2nd quarter today. ToP was 21-9 in the 1st half.

FTR, I was being facetious. One of the reasons our D was so tired was because they couldn't get off the field in situations where they should get off the field 85% of the time.

Mecca
09-13-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm not even asking them to be a good unit, but you can't give up 500 yards or let the other team run 85 plays. Even the worst defenses in the league do better than that.

milkman
09-13-2009, 04:22 PM

Top ten offenses generally have a QB that can make plays, and an offensive line that can make holes to run through and give the QB solid protection.

You want to be realistic, Joe Flacco showed he has the ability to make plays, and that O-Line is verty good.

Does that mean they will be a top 10 offense?

No.

Bit you can not simply dismiss what they very well could be capable of.

Sometimes you can be really fucking obtuse.

FireAllTheBastids
09-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Flowers being out brought Colclough into the game, when combined with Legget being the starting corner made one hell of a difference in the game.

... Nothing else matters in the nfl if you don't pressure the QB. Flowers would not have made any difference at all.

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 04:23 PM
FTR, I was being facetious. One of the reasons our D was so tired was because they couldn't get off the field in situations where they should get off the field 85% of the time.

True.

Thing is I think had we passed more in the first half we likely would have done better.

Hell, we threw the ball well in the second half when it was known we had to throw.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Yep.

Yes, that arrogant cocksucker would.

FireAllTheBastids
09-13-2009, 04:25 PM
0-16 if we don't beat Oakland at home next week?

Being realistic, it's a strong possibility. We're that bad.

HolmeZz
09-13-2009, 04:27 PM

They were 11th in scoring last year and are probably going to improve with the leap Flacco makes this year.

It's a pretty good offense with a very good line that wasn't going to let Flacco get pressured unless we did blitz. They're also a team more familiar with running their offense against the 3-4 than most, if not every team in the league.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2009, 04:28 PM
0-16 if we don't beat Oakland at home next week?

Being realistic, it's a strong possibility. We're that bad.

If the conditioning is better, and the team gives this kind of effort, god will miracle their ass a win or two.

WilliamTheIrish
09-13-2009, 04:28 PM
The total from NFL.com is 43 passes. But Flacco had 5 rushes also and those were pass attempts gone awry. So in reality the Ravens attempted to pass the ball 48 times. Flacco's longest run from scrimmage was 6 yards, so he averaged 3 yards on his other 4 attempts.

This tells me that the secondary covered pretty well at times, we just can't put pressure on the QB at. f'ing. all.

There were obviously chances for sacks because we did cover well and flush him fro the pocket, just necer got a hand on him.

It still translated into a billion yards given up, but there were some good things that happened.

WilliamTheIrish
09-13-2009, 04:30 PM

I know you were, dude. I was just rambling incessantly about our lack of talent.

Mecca
09-13-2009, 04:31 PM
I don't think the Ravens are an awful offensive team or anything like that but they aren't an elite unit I would go ah well 500 yards to them I understand that.

WilliamTheIrish
09-13-2009, 04:32 PM
If the conditioning is better, and the team gives this kind of effort, god will miracle their ass a win or two.

It may indeed come down to that.

'Hamas' Jenkins
The total from NFL.com is 43 passes. But Flacco had 5 rushes also and those were pass attempts gone awry. So in reality the Ravens attempted to pass the ball 48 times. Flacco's longest run from scrimmage was 6 yards, so he averaged 3 yards on his other 4 attempts.

This tells me that the secondary covered pretty well at times, we just can't put pressure on the QB at. f'ing. all.

There were obviously chances for sacks because we did cover well and flush him fro the pocket, just necer got a hand on him.

It still translated into a billion yards given up, but there were some good things that happened.

If Oakland throws the ball more than 25 times next week, Cable should beat his own ass in a team meeting.

the Talking Can
The O _line couldn't give Croyle the protection to set up in the pocket in the first half, and LJ is as I've pointed out over and over again the last couple of years, useless.

Haley called a conservative game in the first half, and they never got anything going.

Meanwhile, the defense spent too much time on the field in that first half, so when the offense finally showed up, they were gassed and unbale to sustain.

But the fact is, there were some things that we can take away from this game.

The offense, even with Croyle at the helm DID finally show up.

The defense did play decently in the first half and made a couple of big plays.

If Haley can get creative find a way to allow the QB some time, not a lot, but some, we can compete.

We won't win a lot of games, but we can make them interesting and build on it.

i'm too lazy to think up an original reaction, so i'll just cosign this....plus Succop, guy was awesome
you have to pick through the rubble for positives, but that's just the way it is when rebuilding such an epic piece of crap....

our biggest liability today (relative to what i expected, i knew the ol was teh suck), to me, was our lbs...they can't rush the passer (though credit hali with the strip), they can't chase sideline to sideline, and they don't drop well or cover zones well....all the ravens had to do was throw a simple swing pass or run heap across the zone and it was 7-10 yards easy...

i realize we are stuck with them, but we need several playmakers there

Mecca
09-13-2009, 04:34 PM
If Oakland throws the ball more than 25 times next week, Cable should beat his own ass in a team meeting.

Pretty much, the only time they should ever throw should be swings to the RB or dunks to the TE.

RedThat
09-13-2009, 04:34 PM
The defense is to blame. One reason, they lack talent and it showed.

Baltimore if anything was exploiting our weaknesses on defense. Our linebackers are going to struggle in coverage, and it was evident in this game. The passrush is still porous. This team does not have a NT as we all know. And baltimore was running in the middle alot of times.

Not having Flowers hurt, but still no passrush. Thats what matters most. I think NT, passrusher are this defense biggest weaknesses and it showed in todays game. I expect it to be a problem all year as well unfortunately.

I still admire the competitive spirit displayed by the Chiefs. Its a good start even though they lost, they went into Baltimore and put up a fight. Good job.

WilliamTheIrish
09-13-2009, 04:35 PM
....they can't chase sideline to sideline....

This was a really noticeable deficiency. So much so that a couple of times I thought our LB giving chase was DLineman.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2009, 04:36 PM
The funny thing was all the people running their mouths about how good the LBs would be in PS, and how well they'd made the transition, when many of us were saying "Just wait until someone throws a flare or wheel route"...

Well, when Bill McGahee and McClain are beating your ass to the outside on swing passes, you be fucked.

milkman
09-13-2009, 04:38 PM
I don't think the Ravens are an awful offensive team or anything like that but they aren't an elite unit I would go ah well 500 yards to them I understand that.

I don't think you have enough information to assess what kind of offensive team they are going to be this year.

But Flacco appears to have the tools to be very good this year, and they hav a damn good offensive line, and a young talented RB.

This very well could be an offense that puts up very good numbers all season, and a team that could be a force to be reckoned with all season.

I said during the offseason, when we were discussing the options for GM, that I thought Flacco has a very good chance to be the Ravens franchise QB, and that his ascension would put them on the same plain as the Steelers.

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2009, 04:39 PM
The funny thing was all the people running their mouths about how good the LBs would be in PS, and how well they'd made the transition, when many of us were saying "Just wait until someone throws a flare or wheel route"...

Well, when Bill McGahee and McClain are beating your ass to the outside on swing passes, you be fucked.

But, but, Hali had a sack!!!1111eleventy!!11!one11!

Mecca
09-13-2009, 04:40 PM
I have the Ravens winning that division this year so I'm not disagreeing but I don't really think you should ever give up 500 yards unless it's to like New England or something.

Mecca
09-13-2009, 04:40 PM

Ha several of us said numerous times that TE's and RB's would kill this team in the pass game.

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2009, 04:42 PM
I have the Ravens winning that division this year so I'm not disagreeing but I don't really think you should ever give up 500 yards unless it's to like New England or something.

Or the Saints.

Sincerely,

Gunther.

TrebMaxx
09-13-2009, 04:42 PM
TIME OF POSSESSION KC 20:11 Balt. 39:49
I don't know who to blame, the offense who couldn't sustain drives or the defense that couldn't get off the field.

Mecca
09-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Or the Saints.

Sincerely,

Gunther.

Ha maybe the Saints.

Mecca
09-13-2009, 04:43 PM
TIME OF POSSESSION KC 20:11 Balt. 39:49
I don't know who to blame, the offense who couldn't sustain drives or the defense that couldn't get off the field.

The total plays stat is even worse...

Baltimore 85...KC 44

milkman
09-13-2009, 04:45 PM
The defense is to blame. One reason, they lack talent and it showed.

Baltimore if anything was exploiting our weaknesses on defense. Our linebackers are going to struggle in coverage, and it was evident in this game. The passrush is still porous. This team does not have a NT as we all know. And baltimore was running in the middle alot of times.

Not having Flowers hurt, but still no passrush. Thats what matters most. I think NT, passrusher are this defense biggest weaknesses and it showed in todays game. I expect it to be a problem all year as well unfortunately.

I still admire the competitive spirit displayed by the Chiefs. Its a good start even though they lost, they went into Baltimore and put up a fight. Good job.

This team is lacking talent in every unit.

To lay the blame on the offense for this loss is myopic.

It was the inability to cover the middle on defense, to get after the QB, the failure to redirect WRs on their route on defense.

It was alos the inability to run the ball, to protect the QB, not getting to first down markers on 3rd down catches, etc.

But the fact is, this team played hard in spite of the deficiencies, and the offense actually showed up and made it a game in the fourth quarter.

I can't remeber the last time our offense showed up in the second half of a game.

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2009, 04:47 PM
This team is lacking talent in every unit.

To lay the blame on the offense for this loss is myopic.

It was the inability to cover the middle on defense, to get after the QB, the failure to redirect WRs on their route on defense.

It was alos the inability to run the ball, to protect the QB, not getting to first down markers on 3rd down catches, etc.

But the fact is, this team played hard in spite of the deficiencies, and the offense actually showed up and made it a game in the fourth quarter.

I can't remeber the last time our offense showed up in the second half of a game.

The game at Indy, where Croyle marched the team down the field to tie, only to see the defense get Manning'd?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2009, 04:48 PM
The game at Indy, where Croyle marched the team down the field to tie, only to see the defense get Manning'd?

That drive was death by paper cut. Priest's last game, too. :(

Simply Red
09-13-2009, 04:54 PM
So who is our Defensive Coordinator? Seriously, i have no idea.

milkman
09-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Bottom line for me, on a team that I expect to win 5 games at most, optimistcally, is the effort.

The Rams right now, with about 7 minutes to go against the Seahawks have given up over 400 yards of offense and are behind 28-0.

They look like a team that has given up.

Reerun_KC
09-13-2009, 04:56 PM
As long as we dont give up, and show improvement over the year, this team will win some football games...

Dayze
09-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Bottom line for me, on a team that I expect to win 5 games at most, optimistcally, is the effort.

The Rams right now, with about 7 minutes to go against the Seahawks have given up over 400 yards of offense and are behind 28-0.

They look like a team that has given up.

good post.
I agree.:thumb:

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2009, 04:58 PM
So who is our Defensive Coordinator? Seriously, i have no idea.

Clancy Pederast.

Mecca
09-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Clancy Pederast.

8 year olds dude.

boogblaster
09-13-2009, 05:02 PM
In all we looked over matched ... couple plays and couple drives bout it .. the O has to improve .. the D was on the field all day, can't expect them to last in the fourth quarter if they've been there all day ... still we're a better team than last years ....

Mecca
09-13-2009, 05:03 PM
In all we looked over matched ... couple plays and couple drives bout it .. the O has to improve .. the D was on the field all day, can't expect them to last in the fourth quarter if they've been there all day ... still we're a better team than last years ....

Um they were overmatched, I'm not going to sit here and call Todd Haley a bad coach because the Chiefs have a severe lack of talent.

Ultra Peanut
09-13-2009, 05:03 PM
This was like a I-AA school going up against a pretty-good major conference school, and giving them a good game.

It was like Northern Iowa and Iowa.^

kcpasco
09-13-2009, 05:05 PM

We will find out next week if they are a better team or not

If the Raiders come out and run the ball down our throat for 4 quarters and we continue to go 3 and out, I would say no.