PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Still no pass rush. Will it get any better this year?

MIAdragon
09-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Our secondary was beyond crap I’m sure a lot of that is to blame for the putrid pass rush. Can it get any better with the talent we have or is this what were going to see for the rest of the year?

DBOSHO
09-13-2009, 02:46 PM
i was literally SICKENED by the lack of a pass rush.

absolutely fucking pathetic.....

TrickyNicky
09-13-2009, 02:47 PM
I think Clancy plays too much Madden. All out blitzes should get at least one defender in the zip code.

petegz28
09-13-2009, 02:48 PM
3rd and long and we would rush 3-4 guys...I can't stand that.

tboss27
09-13-2009, 02:48 PM
I actually thought the corners played decent in the 2nd half. However nobody covered Heap all game long. The pass rush was absolutely awful outside of Tamba's sack. We weren't generating any push at all - even when we sent the house. I understand you can't stand back and let them pick you apart, but blitzing obviously wasnt getting us any closer to pressuring Flacco. I wouldn't have made the call that Pendergast made on that 3rd down play where they hit Clayton for the TD

DBOSHO
09-13-2009, 02:49 PM
I think Clancy plays too much Madden. All out blitzes should get at least one defender in the zip code.

YEAH WTF

ENGAGE EIGHT?

Warrior5
Our secondary was beyond crap I’m sure a lot of that is to blame for the putrid pass rush. Can it get any better with the talent we have or is this what were going to see for the rest of the year?

I noticed this from the get-go; early on, Gannon was commenting how much time Flacco had to sit in the pocket waiting for his receivers to get open.

I think the experience the F7 gained today was huge... I'll be optomistic and say we'll see continual improvement up front.

DeezNutz
Hali is on pace for 16 sacks. That's pretty good.

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2009, 02:50 PM
the lack of pass rush was sick but that will be one of the best lines we will face
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc
I think it'll gradually get better. Jackson's a rookie, Dorsey and Hali are learning new positions. Baltimore's line is pretty big and they were middle of the road last year as far as sacks allowed (33), and I think you had to expect that Flacco would be better in that regard as a second year player than he was as a rookie.

Hard to tell for sure, though.

JuicesFlowing
Mays wore his GHOST JERSEY.

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 02:51 PM
There were plenty of plays the secondary did their job and we should have got to the QB but it's not like the pass rush didn't exist. Flacco got thrown around quite a bit on several series.

KcMizzou
09-13-2009, 02:51 PM
i was literally SICKENED by the lack of a pass rush.

absolutely ****ing pathetic.....Literally? Did you puke?

MMXcalibur
09-13-2009, 02:53 PM
I was more pissed that Leggett was getting burned repeatedly on the 10 yard curl routes. How many times does Mason have to do that before it finally fucking sinks in? Meh, no matter....Flowers will be back next week.

Reaper16
The team needs a NT in the worst way. The entire middle of this defense is suspect in pass coverage. Corey Mays, for all of his preseason run stuffing, was terrible in coverage, and none of the NTs made a positive difference.

Titty Meat
Nope if anything it'll get worse. Vrabel is 34 and Hali is made of glass.

bevischief
09-13-2009, 02:54 PM

That might explain a few things...

Sure-Oz
09-13-2009, 02:54 PM
i dont think i heard our 1st round picks name at all

Hammock Parties
09-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Dorsey is shit.

Tank is shit.

Jackson and Magee MIGHT be something by the end of the year.

Hali and Vrabel are going to be "OK" but without an interior push...FAIL

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Dorsey is shit.

Tank is shit.

Jackson and Magee MIGHT be something by the end of the year.

Hali and Vrabel are going to be "OK"

Vrabel had a really good game. Hali is a work in progress and considering it was his first game as a LB I thought he did well.

DJ will be starting again soon and it seems he got the message.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Vrabel had a really good game. Hali is a work in progress and considering it was his first game as a LB I thought he did well.

DJ will be starting again soon and it seems he got the message.

I think we basically have two guys who can beat one-on-one's in pass rush.

Dorsey is abysmal. People are going to be calling him a bust a lot this year.

BAS
09-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Um, so is it just me, or did we forget that we sometimes have to cover receivers not on the outside or TEs? I guess with TG gone, we just thought that other teams also did not value the TE position as a play maker.

-King-
09-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Fuck the pass rush. Whats up with playing 10 yards off the WR every single play?

kcpasco
09-13-2009, 03:07 PM
With the amount of D-lineman we have taken high in the drafts, I would say its major FAIL

Dayze
09-13-2009, 03:09 PM
the answer is 'no', in my opinion.

Unless the chiefs can scheme against a particular aspect of an opposing "O" on a particular week etc

otherwise we're relying on an opposing O to blow a protection etc rather than 'forcing' a pass rush upon them .

Hammock Parties
09-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Fuck the pass rush. Whats up with playing 10 yards off the WR every single play?

Pendergast is Robinson 2.0.

He loves that 2-man rush with a corner blitzing, too.

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2009, 03:11 PM
the lack of pass rush was sick but that will be one of the best lines we will face
Posted via Mobile Device

Unfortunately, no, it's not.

The Giants, Denver, San Diego, Philly and the Cowboys all have very good offensive lines. I don't know how they're going to even pressure Big Ben.

-King-
09-13-2009, 03:12 PM
We are seriously in need of a NT.

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2009, 03:12 PM
With the amount of D-lineman we have taken high in the drafts, I would say its major FAIL

The recent D-lineman aren't intended to rush the passer.

In a 3-4, they're supposed to eat up the offensive line, allowing the linebackers to make plays.

Unfortunately, we're short a few playmaking, game-changing linebackers.

keg in kc
09-13-2009, 03:13 PM
I don't know how they're going to even pressure Big Ben.If they don't pressure him, they won't pressure anybody. That's one of the worse lines we'll play this year.

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2009, 03:14 PM
If they don't pressure him, they won't pressure anybody. That's one of the worse lines we'll play this year.

Right but the guy is so mobile and so strong that I can't even imagine any pressure.

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Unfortunately, no, it's not.

The Giants, Denver, San Diego, Philly and the Cowboys all have very good offensive lines. I don't know how they're going to even pressure Big Ben.

Baltimore has a great line and it will be play out the rest of the year. Lokk this thread up in a few weeks.

keg in kc
09-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Right but the guy is so mobile and so strong that I can't even imagine any pressure.Awww, sombody's got a mancrush.:drool: :evil:

KcMizzou
09-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Awww, sombody's got a mancrush.:drool: :evil:LMAO

BigRedChief
09-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Our front line was pathetic. No other way to call it. Maybe they will get better as the year goes along?

Titty Meat
09-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Our front line was pathetic. No other way to call it. Maybe they will get better as the year goes along?

They are 7 million dollars under the cap floor wasn't there anyone they could have spent 7 mil on?

KcMizzou
Our front line was pathetic. No other way to call it. Maybe they will get better as the year goes along?It was the Ravens... at home... on opening day.

I'm not saying they'll be great... but you'll see better days from them.

Rain Man
**** the pass rush. Whats up with playing 10 yards off the WR every single play?

I was without sound at a sports bar, but at one point the announcers were using the telestrator to show Leggett lined up six yards off on a third and five. Two seconds later the QB threw it to the exact spot to get a first down. It was kind of pathetic, a failure of strategy on a Mighty Mite level.

I noticed our defensive rushers doing lots of spin moves, even when it looked like they were about to beat their guy. They'd rush, look like they were about to get by, and then suddenly stop and spin, letting the Raven set back up. I don't get that.

The secondary had enormous pressure on it all day due to the lack of a pass rush.

Deberg_1990
Dorsey while im not ready to call him a bust, i will say hes been a big disappointment.

Coogs
09-13-2009, 03:21 PM
One positive thing from the defense was the multiple near misses on defense. On their first TD drive, we had the ball knocked loose on a sack, but they came up with the recovery. Then their were at least 3... if not 4... balls that were tipped up into the air that were potential INT's. We wound up with none of them. One day we will be a better defense, and all of those plays will go our way instead of Baltimores way.

BigRedChief
09-13-2009, 03:21 PM
The recent D-lineman aren't intended to rush the passer.

In a 3-4, they're supposed to eat up the offensive line, allowing the linebackers to make plays.

Unfortunately, we're short a few playmaking, game-changing linebackers.
Yep, mays was an absentee, Williams was a non factor. Those middle LB's are suppose to be making plays and tackles in a 4/3. That didn't happen. Hopefully, DJ will turn it on now and maybe he will get out of the doghouse.

doomy3
09-13-2009, 03:23 PM
The team needs a NT in the worst way. The entire middle of this defense is suspect in pass coverage. Corey Mays, for all of his preseason run stuffing, was terrible in coverage, and none of the NTs made a positive difference.

Yep. I think a true NT would make a world of difference on this team.

Also, DJ needs to be on the field. I know that won't help the pass rush, but he is much better in coverage than the guys we had on the field for most of today. The middle of the field was wide open, and Todd Heap owned it.

notorious
09-13-2009, 03:26 PM
I think we basically have two guys who can beat one-on-one's in pass rush.

Dorsey is abysmal. People are going to be calling him a bust a lot this year.

This This THIS!!!!

Coogs
09-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Also, DJ needs to be on the field. I know that won't help the pass rush, but he is much better in coverage than the guys we had on the field for most of today. The middle of the field was wide open, and Todd Heap owned it.

But he is making DJ earn his spot rather than just giving it to him. Even if he is better right now. Haley is making him not settle on just being good enough to play for this team... he wants him to be good enough to play on a Ravens type defense.

doomy3
09-13-2009, 03:43 PM
But he is making DJ earn his spot rather than just giving it to him. Even if he is better right now. Haley is making him not settle on just being good enough to play for this team... he wants him to be good enough to play on a Ravens type defense.

I get this. But, Mays and Williams were absolutely abused in every facet of the game today. DJ is the superior player and gives us the best chance to win. It seemed like there was basically no one covering Todd Heap at all today.

KcMizzou
09-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Yep. I think a true NT would make a world of difference on this team.

Also, DJ needs to be on the field. I know that won't help the pass rush, but he is much better in coverage than the guys we had on the field for most of today. The middle of the field was wide open, and Todd Heap owned it.I gotta think DJ will be back in there next week.

beach tribe
09-13-2009, 03:47 PM
I think it's real funny that guys came out after Harbaugh came out, and praised Hali, and guys said "SEE I TOLD YOU HE WOULD DO GREAT AT LB!!"

Hali CANNOT beat a LT. It doesn't matter if he's standing up, or in a 3, he should be on the left side. It's the only place he's EVER had any success.

Coogs
09-13-2009, 03:48 PM
I get this. But, Mays and Williams were absolutely abused in every facet of the game today. DJ is the superior player and gives us the best chance to win. It seemed like there was basically no one covering Todd Heap at all today.

I agree. But it is not about today. This is about the future. Haley wants DJ playing at Pro-Bowl level and not just better than Williams level. His trip to the outhouse worked with Bowe. I'm guessing it will work with DJ as well.

Haley is not stupid. Gun and Herm... :shrug:

doomy3
09-13-2009, 03:49 PM
I think it's real funny that guys came out after Harbaugh came out, and praised Hali, and guys said "SEE I TOLD YOU HE WOULD DO GREAT AT LB!!"

Hali CANNOT beat a LT. It doesn't matter if he's standing up, or in a 3, he should be on the left side. It's the only place he's EVER had any success.

He did beat a LT though. Am I missing something in your post?

beach tribe
09-13-2009, 03:50 PM
He did beat a LT though. Am I missing something in your post?

So you're saying that Hali did a good job rushing the passer?

What are you missing?

EDIT: I missed his sack, but it doesn't change my argument. Flacco had ALL DAY to throw.

doomy3
I agree. But it is not about today. This is about the future. Haley wants DJ playing at Pro-Bowl level and not just better than Williams level. His trip to the outhouse worked with Bowe. I'm guessing it will work with DJ as well.

Haley is not stupid. Gun and Herm... :shrug:

Well, if this is about future seasons, then DJ won't be here. Why would he re-sign with us if Haley sits him on the bench? This is his contract year, after all.

doomy3

What are you missing?

Yeah, I would say he was easily our best pass rusher today. And he beat Gaither numerous times, and would have had at least one more sack if Gaither wouldn't have grabbed him around the neck (Gaither was called for a couple holds against Hali when he was beat.)

KcMizzou
09-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I would say he was easily our best pass rusher today.Hali played a nice game today.

Coogs
09-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Well, if this is about future seasons, then DJ won't be here. Why would he re-sign with us if Haley sits him on the bench? This is his contract year, after all.

And if Haley's doghouse method turns DJ into the Pro-Bowler he should possibly be by this point? Then that is good coaching, and that is what haley should be doing.

doomy3
09-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Hali played a nice game today.

I'm trying to figure out if beach tribe is being sarcastic or what the fuck is going on?

doomy3
09-13-2009, 03:53 PM
And if Haley's doghouse method turns DJ into the Pro-Bowler he should possibly be by this point? Then that is good coaching, and that is what haley should be doing.

Sure, and he will be a pro bowler on another team.

JuicesFlowing
09-13-2009, 03:54 PM
I hope this thread isn't bumped next Sunday against the Black Holes.

old_geezer
09-13-2009, 03:55 PM
I was without sound at a sports bar, but at one point the announcers were using the telestrator to show Leggett lined up six yards off on a third and five. Two seconds later the QB threw it to the exact spot to get a first down. It was kind of pathetic, a failure of strategy on a Mighty Mite level.

I noticed our defensive rushers doing lots of spin moves, even when it looked like they were about to beat their guy. They'd rush, look like they were about to get by, and then suddenly stop and spin, letting the Raven set back up. I don't get that.

The secondary had enormous pressure on it all day due to the lack of a pass rush.

Baltimore's receivers had to run 10 yards in any direction all day in order to find a member of our secondary. That put pressure on my blood presure.

beach tribe
09-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Hali played a nice game today.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I disagree. Yes, he was the only person with a sack, but Flacco sat back there for over 5 seconds on numerous plays.

beach tribe
09-13-2009, 03:57 PM
I seriously believe that Hali will be a huge Fail at ROLB.

JuicesFlowing
09-13-2009, 03:57 PM

What are you missing?

EDIT: I missed his sack, but it doesn't change my argument. Flacco had ALL DAY to throw.

I'm pretty sure he got his toenails painted on the first pass play, and possibly his fingernails too. He also had time for a haircut and a shave. There was a 5 yard gap between him and anyone else.

beach tribe
09-13-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm pretty sure he got his toenails painted on the first pass play, and possibly his fingernails too. He also had time for a haircut and a shave. There was a 5 yard gap between him and anyone else.

It happened numerous times.

beach tribe
09-13-2009, 03:59 PM
I think Hali should eventually replace Vrabel, and we will need a real pass rusher at ROLB.

doomy3
09-13-2009, 04:00 PM
It happened numerous times.

You do realize that there are times when Hali was in pass coverage and we were only rushing 3? Or 3 and Vrabel?

Hali was the only player that got somewhat consistent pressure on the QB. As I pointed out earlier, he not only had a sack but drew at least 2 holding penalties on one of the most promising LTs in the league when he flat out beat him. Gaither had to grab him from behind to keep him from killing Flacco.

WilliamTheIrish
09-13-2009, 04:02 PM
No. It will not get better.

KcMizzou
09-13-2009, 04:07 PM
No. It will not get better.Shut it.

You just shut your damned fool mouth right now.