PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What Haley has *really* accomplished

cdcox
09-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Forget today's game. Were it not for a couple of huge plays, the final score would have been as brutally bad as the stat line. And there will be plenty of those games in the weeks to come. This roster is amazingly lacking in talent.

What Haley has accomplished is to instill a hyper-competitive environment. These guys know they are competing for playing time and roster spots every time they take the field. Everyone is trying to get better and know they will lose their jobs if they don't. For most of them, that won't be enough and they will be out of the league within a couple of years. But that competitiveness will keep us in a couple of games that we shouldn't be in and let a win a game or two that we shouldn't. If he doesn't lose the team (a risk, but not a certainty) this environment will pay huge dividends down the road as we slowly add talent to the roster.

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Yep.

I'll give them this - they showed more guts today than in any game I can remember in the Herm OR Vermeil era.

They were completely overmatched, were getting fucking owned offensively, but managed to do just enough to stay in the game, against all odds.

ChiefMojo
09-13-2009, 02:59 PM
1+

ArrowheadHawk
09-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Hooray for moral victories. Fuck that I want some W's.

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Yep.

I'll give them this - they showed more guts today than in any game I can remember in the Herm OR Vermeil era.

They were completely overmatched, were getting fucking owned offensively, but managed to do just enough to stay in the game, against all odds.

If OTWP says it then it mut be true.

Seriously, I agree, a team takes on the attitude of it's coach and they didn't give up. I bet Haley is not happy with his play calling.

Coogs
Yep! But you know in a couple of years when we get the couple of big plays from the ST's and defense, maybe everyone will be saying the same thing about us that they say now about the Ravens defense. That it was an expected score every week, not an unexpected treat.

dirk digler
I agree. They will be competitive in almost every game this season because of Haley

Coogs
09-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Hooray for moral victories. Fuck that I want some W's.

Be patient grasshopper. They will come.

Pablo
Correct. He's building a team full of no-nonsense, no-quit guys.

Hammock Parties
Tank was still fighting at the end. That said something to me.

There was zero quit in that team.

Dayze
09-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Nice post cdcox - I feel the same way

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Were we expecting to see quit in game 1?

After we're off to a 1-7 (or so) start, let's see if the same balls-out effort is in place.

LaChapelle
09-13-2009, 03:04 PM
I thought it was going to be Atlanta '08 out there today. Wooo

-King-
09-13-2009, 03:05 PM
If OTWP says it then it mut be true.

Seriously, I agree, a team takes on the attitude of it's coach and they didn't give up. I bet Haley is not happy with his play calling.

Yup, I bet he'll demote himself to ball boy for a few days to teach himself a lesson.

keg in kc
They'll need some wins to keep it going. I think they really, really need to beat Oakland next week. Playing hard but still losing will only keep them playing hard for so long, I think.

LOCOChief
This roster is amazingly lacking in talent.

You say "lacking talent", I say not yet developed, but there's talent.

bevischief
09-13-2009, 03:06 PM
They'll need some wins to keep it going. I think they really, really need to beat Oakland next week. Playing hard but still losing will only keep them playing hard for so long, I think.

True that.

JuicesFlowing
09-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Forget today's game. Were it not for a couple of huge plays, the final score would have been as brutally bad as the stat line. And there will be plenty of those games in the weeks to come. This roster is amazingly lacking in talent.

What Haley has accomplished is to instill a hyper-competitive environment. These guys know they are competing for playing time and roster spots every time they take the field. Everyone is trying to get better and know they will lose their jobs if they don't. For most of them, that won't be enough and they will be out of the league within a couple of years. But that competitiveness will keep us in a couple of games that we shouldn't be in and let a win a game or two that we shouldn't. If he doesn't lose the team (a risk, but not a certainty) this environment will pay huge dividends down the road as we slowly add talent to the roster.

Okay, my first response was a bad reaction as I read your first sentence and though this was a Haley-bashing thread. My fault. I agree with what you said ... I'm with you. I like how Haley has coached this team. It's not his fault he inherited this team with lack of talent. Pretty amazing we had a shot in the 4th quarter ...

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2009, 03:07 PM
After we're off to a 1-7 (or so) start, let's see if the same balls-out effort is in place.

Excellent point.

But, while I'm not a fan of moral victories, I was pleased to see that attutide change that Haley/Pioli have been stressing make its way to the field.

Really the only bright spot, considering our offense was held to under 160 yards, and the defense was gashed for over 500.

WilliamTheIrish
09-13-2009, 03:09 PM

Playing hard is the only way (right now since we're devoid of talent) to end this string of losing. I know it sounds cliche... but I believe it to be true.

cdcox
09-13-2009, 03:12 PM

Since the games where we have a reasonable expectation of winning early in the season are few and far between, I agree that the Raider game is a big one in the early Haley regieme.

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Since the games where we have a reasonable expectation of winning early in the season are few and far between, I agree that the Raider game is a big one in the early Haley regieme.

Stop the run and we have a great chance.

But can we do this?

bevischief
09-13-2009, 03:16 PM
A Head ache...

cdcox
09-13-2009, 03:17 PM
You say "lacking talent", I say not yet developed, but there's talent.

We don't have legitimate NFL starting talent at NT, 2 of 4 LB spots, 3 OL spots, 2 of the top 3 WR spots, TE, or FB. Those players aren't going to get good enough, ever, for the Chiefs to be competitive.

cdcox
09-13-2009, 03:20 PM

But can we do this?

Not without short changing the pass defense. But I'd probably take the risk against DeMarus.

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2009, 03:22 PM

But can we do this?

You think that gives us a great chance?

Joe Flacco, who most here have said is complete garbage, just torched us, and it would have been worse had they not gone away from the pass in the 2nd quarter.

The middle of the field is going to be an issue all year - versus the rush and the pass.

Coogs
09-13-2009, 03:24 PM

Very true. Washington right now is looking beatable as well. Dallas at home I think has a chance to be a win as well.... if we put Oakland in the W column next week.

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 03:24 PM

Joe Flacco, who most here have said is complete garbage, just torched us, and it would have been worse had they not gone away from the pass in the 2nd quarter.

The middle of the field is going to be an issue all year - versus the rush and the pass.

I'll take my chances with JR; that's all I'm saying--especially considering the other QBs we will be facing this season.

If my choices are having the ball stuffed down my throat or having that fat sack of shit beat me, I'm going with the latter, though I know he's been improving.

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Oh, and I don't think Flacco is garbage. Far from it, actually.

So I might be in the minority in that respect.

I'd trade Cassel for Flacco in a fucking second.

keg in kc
09-13-2009, 03:26 PM

But can we do this?I thought the run defense was pretty solid in the first half. The way Baltimore was passing at will usually opens up a defense to the run, but they held them under 4 yards/carry until halftime. Started to get ugly after that, of course. Part halftime adjustment by Baltimore and part fatigue as the half went on I'd say.

Interesting stat I just realized: Baltimore's time of possession in the first half was just under KC's for the entire game. 19:59 to 20:11.

Christ.

Pablo

The middle of the field is going to be an issue all year - versus the rush and the pass.Yes, because FatMarcus is tossing the ball around for the Fade.

BigRedChief

Interesting stat at the end of the game.....

We released/cut 30 out of our 52 person roster from last year. Only Tony G and one other player are still in the NFL this week. Thats a serious lack of talent depth.:shake:

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Yes, because FatMarcus is tossing the ball around for the Fade.

I'll be surprised if the Raiders throw much next week. Actually, I'd be surprised if they threw more than 15 times the entire game.

All they need to do to win is pound McFadden the entire game.

keg in kc
09-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Anybody who said Flacco was garbage didn't watch last season.

I thought he did get rattled for a little while in the second half, for some reason.

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2009, 03:28 PM
I'll take my chances with JR; that's all I'm saying--especially considering the other QBs we will be facing this season.

If my choices are having the ball stuffed down my throat or having that fat sack of shit beat me, I'm going with the latter, though I know he's been improving.

Sorry, I didn't realize you were speaking directly about the Raiders.

In that case, I absolutely agree. Shut down the running game and make Russell beat you.

keg in kc
09-13-2009, 03:28 PM

We released/cut 30 out of our 52 person roster from last year. Only Tony G and one other player are still in the NFL this week. Thats a serious lack of talent depth.That number may be a bit of a mirage, because of the vested veteran rules. Next week would be a better gauge. Although it could be exactly the same.

LOCOChief
09-13-2009, 03:29 PM
We don't have legitimate NFL starting talent at NT, 2 of 4 LB spots, 3 OL spots, 2 of the top 3 WR spots, TE, or FB. Those players aren't going to get good enough, ever, for the Chiefs to be competitive.

You know I can't disagree with any of this, but I think in a few of those spots you can substitute the "right guy" and inpsire a few to get it done. I guess I just see the glass half full.

DaneMcCloud
I absolutely agree. Shut down the running game and make Russell beat you.

Except I doubt that's even possible.

FireAllTheBastids
Was there a strike I missed? As far as name recognition, it looked like we fielded a replacements team today.

However, when you are this stunningly low in talent, the only thing you can appreciate is effort- and we had that.

We might win 3 games- absolutely tops.

Marcellus
Sorry, I didn't realize you were speaking directly about the Raiders.

In that case, I absolutely agree. Shut down the running game and make Russell beat you.

Just a guess but I suspect Haley and crew might know this as well.

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2009, 03:30 PM

I know. I'm with you on Flacco.

But just like every other young QB not named Cassel, he gets no respect around here.

ChiefMojo
Looking at the schedule, we can still win 6-8 games. Outside Baltimore, the NFC East teams, and maybe one more team we can win the rest. There are some really bad teams on our schedule in the mid to late part of the schedule.

We just need to work hard every week and not give up when things are going to get rough here at the beginning of the season. If Haley hasn't lost the team by that point, we could have a fun and exciting later half of the season.

Marcellus

You think Oakland's o-line is as good as Baltimore's?

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2009, 03:31 PM

Me too.

Just making conversation.

Reerun_KC
Haley accomplished more in one game then Herm ever did in 3 years... Despite talent (thanks Herm) this team never quit nor did the HC quit on his team (Herm)...

DeezNutz
Just a guess but I suspect Haley and crew might know this as well.

I hope Haley can play the nose...

Marcellus
I know. I'm with you on Flacco.

But just like every other young QB not named Cassel, he gets no respect around here.

No shit, he takes them to the AFC Championship game his rookie year. You think he might get better as well?

BigRedChief
That number may be a bit of a mirage, because of the vested veteran rules. Next week would be a better gauge. Although it could be exactly the same.
Bur, it does show how bad our drafting and FA evaluation has been. Pathetic.

keg in kc
09-13-2009, 03:32 PM
I want to watch Oakland play tomorrow night before I get too carried away as far as predictions and expectations for next week.

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 03:33 PM
I hope Haley can play the nose...

It will be a good test.

We shut down Baltimore's running game early when they tried to run. We only seemed to do bad later in the game after being on the field 40 minutes.

Granted they really tried running the ball later so hard to tell.

Deberg_1990
09-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Anybody who said Flacco was garbage didn't watch last season.

I thought he did get rattled for a little while in the second half, for some reason.

Love Flacco.

Love his mobility. Love his arm.

Easy 6
09-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Had anyone seriously said we would march into Baltimore & put up 24...they would have gotten a heap full of scorn here.

Whether it was 'just a special teams play' or 'this other lucky play' or Haley leaping off the sideline himself to snag a cheap pick...doesnt matter, the fact is they DID it.

If Wanger hadnt thrown off all the timing, by not hiking the ball on time before the last fumble...who knows?

Despite the ugly start, i'm quite proud of the heart displayed today.

cdcox
09-13-2009, 03:35 PM

We released/cut 30 out of our 52 person roster from last year. Only Tony G and one other player are still in the NFL this week. Thats a serious lack of talent depth.:shake:

And you know that adding that many new guys in one season means you are not being very picky in terms of the talent you are adding. Pioli and Haley were dealt a really bad hand by Carl, Herm and DV. People who expect a quick turn around are going to be disappointed.

beach tribe
09-13-2009, 03:36 PM
I really had a problem with the Hermie ball before halftime, but Haley has given this team some nuts IMO.

ChiefMojo
09-13-2009, 03:37 PM
We are probably 2-3 years from being good if that.

mlyonsd
09-13-2009, 03:37 PM
I think its normal for fans to be pissy and skeptical right now. Changing a 20 year regime will take time. Heck, for the last 40 years if anyone on this board knew anything about football they wouldn't be a Chief fan.

But if you didn't see a changing in the guard today you need to sit back and reflect IMO. It will take time but I feel much better this opening day than I have for a long time.

Reerun_KC
09-13-2009, 03:38 PM
I think its normal for fans to be pissy and skeptical right now. Changing a 20 year regime will take time. Heck, for the last 40 years if anyone on this board knew anything about football they wouldn't be a Chief fan.

But if you didn't see a changing in the guard today you need to sit back and reflect IMO. It will take time but I feel much better this opening day than I have for a long time.

Agreed, reminds me of DV's first year..

There is hope in the air... Something Carl snatched away, way to often with the likes of Marty, Gun and Herm...

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Had anyone seriously said we would march into Baltimore & put up 24...they would have gotten a heap full of scorn here.

Whether it was 'just a special teams play' or 'this other lucky play' or Haley leaping off the sideline himself to snag a cheap pick...doesnt matter, the fact is they DID it.

If Wanger hadnt thrown off all the timing, by not hiking the ball on time before the last fumble...who knows?

Despite the ugly start, i'm quite proud of the heart displayed today.

Something this team has lacked for a loooong time.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-13-2009, 03:39 PM
to be honest, i love the Half time adjustments, the offense seemed like they were in sync alot more in the 2nd half.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-13-2009, 03:42 PM
one thing i noticed through the game is Todd is always saying something, hes either coaching or chewing some one ass out. Its better than Herm dumb ass look for 3 hours.

mlyonsd
09-13-2009, 03:42 PM

There is hope in the air... Something Carl snatched away, way to often with the likes of Marty, Gun and Herm...

For me, even when DV came in there was still a certain mindset/gloom hanging above (Carl and Lamar).

I loved Lamar but he was old school. I think we've changed the mindset and for me that makes me skippy in my gippee.

Reerun_KC
09-13-2009, 03:43 PM
one thing i noticed through the game is Todd is always saying something, hes either coaching or chewing some one ass out. Its better than Herm dumb ass look for 3 hours.

But herm knows defense!

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 03:44 PM
I remember how we all talked about the "heart" and "effort" the team displayed when it went to Denver after the Green injury and played a close game...

Mr. Arrowhead
09-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Despite talent (thanks Herm) this team never quit nor did the HC quit on his team (Herm)...

but Herm said the Team was 85% complete

tboss27
09-13-2009, 03:49 PM

This. I was very impressed with the coaching I saw going on during the game. Like when Bradley cut his route off short for the second time and missed a 1st down by less than a yard - got his butt chewed for that. And multiple times I saw him talking to Cassel, making sure he was picking up on things that were going on. The only person I can ever remember Herm talking to during the game was himself.

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2009, 03:53 PM
We won't have any idea of what Haley's accomplished until this season is complete.

the Talking Can
09-13-2009, 04:04 PM

well said

one interesting stat in all the carnage

penalties

chiefs 3 for 15 yards...that's a measure of discipline

ravens had 8 for 65 yards including 3 holding calls

milkman
09-13-2009, 04:04 PM

And Dick.

I never once had hope when Dick was hired or at anytime he was the HC.

He sucked every bit as much ass as Marty.

The Bad Guy
09-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Just watching this team today, you could tell a major difference in preperation.

This is by far the least talented team the Chiefs might have ever had. Next year, they are going to need 3 LBs, a NT, 1 WR, and entire right side of the line.

Marcellus
09-13-2009, 04:07 PM
We won't have any idea of what Haley's accomplished until this season is complete.

Really? I understand 1 game is too early to judge but we have to play 16 before we form an opinion?

LOCOChief
09-13-2009, 04:10 PM
They were a worse team last year, they had McIntosh for one.

Chan93lx50
09-13-2009, 04:20 PM
I know we will not win many games this year, but I do want other teams respect. Team will not think it is a buy week when they play the chiefs, if they want the W they are going to have to work for it!

Kind of like being outmatch in a bar fight, the chiefs are still gonna punch you in the face and make bleed even though you may walk away the winner

Sully
09-13-2009, 04:29 PM
For us to have a chance at all this year, we should bench Cassel so he doesn't get hurt.

-whitlock

tk13
09-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Long way to go, and we did get beat up on the stat sheet today.

But the one thing I said I wanted to see was that we played hard, played smart, and were better conditioned. And there are going to be games where that doesn't happen but we did make enough smart plays at the right times to keep us in the game. That's what good teams do.

That sounds like a cliche but there's really a lot of dumb stuff that goes on in the NFL today. Just being able to play smart with discipline and make a couple special teams plays here and there can keep you in games.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-13-2009, 05:54 PM
They were competetive in most games last year. This is the NFL, not college, there aren't moral victories.

I am encouraged by the game.... but lets not make Haley out to be Lombardi just yet.

Reerun_KC
09-13-2009, 05:56 PM
They were competetive in most games last year. This is the NFL, not college, there aren't moral victories.

I am encouraged by the game.... but lets not make Haley out to be Lombardi just yet.

ROFL.

Seriously?

With Herm? ROFL

Buehler445
09-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Nice post cdcox - I feel the same way

Fuck. I meant to quote GoChiefs comment about Tank. Tank was all over the place. He chased Flacco out of bounds. I didn't really watch his performance, I just noted he was sideline to sideline. What's up with that? I appreciate it, but someone OTHER than Tank fucking Tyler should be making that play. Seriously WTF?

I ROFL'ed when they drafted Flacco, but the mofugger is good. Annnnd I don't know why. He's a DII or DI-A or whatever the fuck they are spread QB with bad footwork that got demoted off of a DI marginal team. He should suck shit. I don't know why he developed and so many other schmucks don't.

After last season, you wouldn't find me saying he sucked. The dude has the goods. I just don't know why.

Eh. They had some nice stops against Baltimore. If they can get off the fucking field on 3rd down (preferrably by starting to cover the WR prior to the first down yardage instead of hanging out in the endzone or whereever the fuck they were) and we can get some offense going to get them some rest, it's doable. I didn't really see the containment problems that were rampant last year. We'll prolly get gashed, but it's possible.

Is Namdi AsauIcantspellhisfuckingname still out?

Buehler445
09-13-2009, 09:47 PM
ROFL.

Seriously?

With Herm? ROFL

We were in position to win some games, but we really had no chance. At all. Ever.

Johnny Vegas
09-13-2009, 09:53 PM
SNAP THE FUCKING BALL!! JESUS CHRIST!!! LOL

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2009, 10:04 PM
We shut down Baltimore's running game early when they tried to run.

http://i31.tinypic.com/2u7ov2b.jpg

FloridaMan88
09-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Yep.

They were completely overmatched, were getting ****ing owned offensively, but managed to do just enough to stay in the game, against all odds.

The Miami game when the Chiefs flew in and flew out the same day with a victory on a Friday night showed guts. Of course you will do anything to throw a negative at Vermeil.

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2009, 10:28 PM
The Miami game when the Chiefs flew in and flew out the same day with a victory on a Friday night showed guts. Of course you will do anything to throw a negative at Vermeil.

Yeah, a ton of guts.

Winning a game they were expected to win, just because they played it 2 days early.

And I don't need to go out of my way to "throw a negative" at Vermeil, his 2 winning seasons out of 5 speak volumes on their own.

And thanks for the neg rep, it actually made my point total go UP.

ROFL

Mecca
09-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Dick Vermiels team was fun to watch but his short sighted wanting to win now view because he was old fucked us for years to come, it wasn't built to win or built to be good for longer than a few years.

FloridaMan88
09-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Yeah, a ton of guts.

Winning a game they were expected to win, just because they played it 2 days early.

And I don't need to go out of my way to "throw a negative" at Vermeil, his 2 winning seasons out of 5 speak volumes on their own.

And thanks for the neg rep, it actually made my point total go UP.

ROFL

It must have hurt that an Al Saunders-influenced offense dropped 500+ yards and 38 points on the Chiefs today. Talk about "gutsy".

Johnny Vegas
09-13-2009, 10:34 PM
here I just posted this up on youtube. Glad I recorded the game to get this lmao!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VTAONrIIVI0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VTAONrIIVI0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2009, 10:36 PM
It must have hurt that an Al Saunders-influenced offense dropped 500+ yards and 38 points on the Chiefs today. Talk about "gutsy".

Is this supposed to mean something, or is it just your typical gibberish?

My guess is that you're typing one handed, and fluffing Mike Martz with the other.

MahiMike
09-14-2009, 09:20 AM
They were "out-stat'ed" 2 to 1 in every way and yet they had a chance to win on the road against a top 3 NFL team. The only reason they were in that game is due to Haley's excellent coaching job in preparing them. That was only the 2nd game we've played with Haley as OC - with the backup QB no less.

The takeaways and special teams plays were reminiscent of the Marty teams of the 90's where we were +gazillion in give/take ratio. Once this offense kicks in (and I'm confident it will with Haley), I think we'll see the best of Marty and Vermiel wrapped into one very good team.

Chiefnj2
09-14-2009, 09:23 AM
here I just posted this up on youtube. Glad I recorded the game to get this lmao!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VTAONrIIVI0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VTAONrIIVI0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Looks like he's telling him to "snap the fucking ball".

htismaqe
09-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Looks like he's telling him to "snap the ****ing ball".

Oh he was.

Snap the fucking ball. Jesus Christ, Brodie. Snap the fucking ball.

And that wasn't the only time.

At the end of the 1st half after we ran the 2nd draw, he said something to the effect of "what happened to the pass?"

Chiefnj2
09-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Oh he was.

Snap the ****ing ball. Jesus Christ, Brodie. Snap the ****ing ball.

And that wasn't the only time.

At the end of the 1st half after we ran the 2nd draw, he said something to the effect of "what happened to the pass?"

You are going to get some confusion when you have a new system and you switch OC's with less than 2 weeks before the start of the season.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-14-2009, 10:01 AM
ROFL.

Seriously?

With Herm? ROFL

Yeah, even with Herm. Heck, the Chiefs had a ton of first half leads last year, and lost like seven games by a TD or less.

It got us a 2-14 record.

Remember how 'encouraged' we were about not getting our butt handed to us in NE last year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Looks like he's telling him to "snap the fucking ball".

Anyone read lips? I wanna' know the rest of that!

tooge
09-14-2009, 10:41 AM
I agree with the OP. In addition, real, tough, determined football players feed off of confidence. Games like this will give them confidence that the coach knows what he is doing and the system, although it may take time, will work. Once you have guys that will go to war for you, then you can win.

htismaqe
09-14-2009, 10:42 AM
You are going to get some confusion when you have a new system and you switch OC's with less than 2 weeks before the start of the season.

Absolutely. I'm not faulting Croyle for calling that timeout - it shouldn't happen, but I understand why it did.

I do fault Croyle for changing that play at the end of the half - if he's that scared, he shouldn't be on the field.

tooge
09-14-2009, 10:47 AM
I couldn't tell what he said at the very end, but it sort of looked like "jesus christ brodie! Your wife is pretty hot!"