PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff What would today have been like with Herm at the helm?

wild1
09-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Just wondering what anyone thinks the difference would have been. Herm's teams laid down and died on the road and never competed like this.

What would Herm have done different? How much do we owe to the coaching change?

keg in kc
09-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Who cares. Herm's gone.

ChiefMojo
09-13-2009, 03:34 PM
I don't want to think about those thoughts.

JuicesFlowing
09-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Who cares. Herm's gone.

This. Also Carl is gone, in case anyone wants to know.

TinyEvel
09-13-2009, 03:55 PM
30 players gone in the offseason only TWO picked up by other teams (one being Tony G)

Nuff said.

If Herm was still here we woulda run more in the 2nd half and we'd all be flustrated.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-13-2009, 04:04 PM
i don't really see any difference so far. they still collapsed at the end. they still ran the ball on third and long, multiple times. they still threw the ball three yards on 3rd and 14. completely unimpressed by todd haley today. if not for the blocked punt, this game never would have been close.

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Denver after the Green injury.

Didn't lay down and die. Competed hard.

And Herm was a fucking joke as a coach.

JohninGpt
09-13-2009, 04:06 PM
30 players gone in the offseason only TWO picked up by other teams (one being Tony G)

Nuff said.

If Herm was still here we woulda run more in the 2nd half and we'd all be flustrated.

Plus we would have had to put up with an HC acting like a moron in the post game news conference.

JohninGpt
09-13-2009, 04:09 PM
...if not for the blocked punt, this game never would have been close.

And if grasshoppers had machine guns, birds wouldn't **** with them.
Good special teams play isn't an accident, that was a good play and counts as much as any other touchdown.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-13-2009, 04:13 PM
And if grasshoppers had machine guns, birds wouldn't **** with them.
Good special teams play isn't an accident, that was a good play and counts as much as any other touchdown.

the chiefs blocked punts when herm edwards was their coach too.

PastorMikH
09-13-2009, 04:15 PM
If Herm had been at the helm, we'd have lost by more but everyone would be all smiles until they heard that it was them Herm threw under the bus in the post-game interview.

wild1
09-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Herm would not have attempted that long field goal, in my opinion. He would have punted and tried to pin them deep, and asked his gassed and not very good anyway defense to make a stop.

FAX
09-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Just wondering what anyone thinks the difference would have been. ... What would Herm have done different? ...

Don't know. Haven't seen the tape.

FAX

bevischief
09-14-2009, 11:07 AM
Don't know. Haven't seen the tape.

FAX

Don't.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Just wondering what anyone thinks the difference would have been. Herm's teams laid down and died on the road and never competed like this.

What would Herm have done different? How much do we owe to the coaching change?

Probably really similar.... competetive, but still lose. It was the Chiefs MO last year, and it continues this year.

I will say that 'if' the Chiefs got down by 10 early, it would have probably been a blowout. But, Gailey was a lot more aggressive last year early in games, so maybe the Chiefs aren't down by 10 as early.

Again, pretty much the same result....loss....

rockymtnchief
09-14-2009, 11:40 AM
If Herm was coach, Croyle would be slated for surgery sometime today.

Demonpenz
09-14-2009, 11:43 AM
I was thinking maybe herms defence would be better, since there wouldn't be so many players playing in wrong positions, but Tamba had a strip and DJ got an INT

Reerun_KC
09-14-2009, 11:45 AM
I was thinking maybe herms defence would be better, since there wouldn't be so many players playing in wrong positions, but Tamba had a strip and DJ got an INT'

Funny, Herms defenses got worse each year he was here. And his talent evaluations sucked.

Reerun_KC
09-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Probably really similar.... competetive, but still lose. It was the Chiefs MO last year, and it continues this year.

I will say that 'if' the Chiefs got down by 10 early, it would have probably been a blowout. But, Gailey was a lot more aggressive last year early in games, so maybe the Chiefs aren't down by 10 as early.

Again, pretty much the same result....loss....

ROFL

That was cute, Gailey was so masterful in the second half of so many games last year...

This team would be the shit out of anything Herm put on the field last year, with whats left of Herms shit players...

Mr. Arrowhead
09-14-2009, 11:51 AM
it would been about like the Carolina game last year

Mr. Arrowhead
09-14-2009, 11:53 AM
i don't really see any difference so far. they still collapsed at the end. they still ran the ball on third and long, multiple times. they still threw the ball three yards on 3rd and 14. completely unimpressed by todd haley today. if not for the blocked punt, this game never would have been close.

i disagree, we were without our 2 best players. This is the most disciplined football team we have had in years. I think the checkdowns were more Croyle than the play call, Haley ripped croyle a few teams for not throwing for the first down marker.

wasi
09-14-2009, 02:18 PM

That game was anything but a collapse.