PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Accountability: the offensive line.

Direckshun
09-13-2009, 05:59 PM
Call this milkman's thread.

This was the lineup:

LT Albert
LG Waters
C Niswanger
RG Goff
RT Ndukwe

Who played well? Who played like ass? Does anybody on this line deserve recognition?

chiefzilla1501
09-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Call this milkman's thread.

This was the lineup:

LT Albert
LG Waters
C Niswanger
RG Goff
RT Ndukwe

Who played well? Who played like ass? Does anybody on this line deserve recognition?

The right side of the line was a swinging gate all day long. They were shoved around and on run blocking, they were pitiful. What impressed me most about blocking today was our running backs. They picked up a few big blitzes. Albert's pass blocking was outstanding. Interesting, but didn't it seem like we ran right a lot more than left? Maybe I'm wrong.

talastan
09-13-2009, 06:02 PM
I think the very last attempt at a drive was the failure IIRC of the right side of the line. Albert also let one get by IIRC. This falls on the O-line as a whole. No run blocking, very little pass protection, the Don better be buttering Runyan's palms quickly if he is still available.

milkman
09-13-2009, 06:03 PM
I didn't watch line play all that closely today, but what I saw wasn't pretty, from anyone.

Direckshun
09-13-2009, 06:04 PM
The right side of the line was a swinging gate all day long. They were shoved around and on run blocking, they were pitiful. What impressed me most about blocking today was our running backs. They picked up a few big blitzes. Albert's pass blocking was outstanding. Interesting, but didn't it seem like we ran right a lot more than left? Maybe I'm wrong.

I think the very last attempt at a drive was the failure IIRC of the right side of the line. Albert also let one get by IIRC. This falls on the O-line as a whole. No run blocking, very little pass protection, the Don better be buttering Runyan's palms quickly if he is still available.

Good takes.

This thread, however, does not yet exist until milkman makes an appearance.

Direckshun
09-13-2009, 06:05 PM
I didn't watch line play all that closely today, but what I saw wasn't pretty, from anyone.

fuck.

Well can you promise you'll go back and rewatch?

How could YOU of all people not watch OL?

Tribal Warfare
09-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Albert's passblocking sucked this game, he got assraped on the last series

Hammock Parties
09-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Ndukwe actually surprised me. He wasn't a complete disaster.

milkman
09-13-2009, 06:11 PM

Well can you promise you'll go back and rewatch?

How could YOU of all people not watch OL?

This is how I always watch it.

I always go back and watch the line play later in the week.

Thig Lyfe
09-13-2009, 06:12 PM
We need Kyle Turley!

chiefzilla1501
09-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Albert's passblocking sucked this game, he got assraped on the last series

That last series, yes. But for most of the game, the pressure was mostly coming from the right side. But I was also a few drinks in by that point, so who knows.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2009, 06:14 PM
You know, if Albert continues to suck, there's a silver lining.

We can move him to right tackle and draft a left tackle in the first round! LMAO

milkman
09-13-2009, 06:15 PM
That last series, yes. But for most of the game, the pressure was mostly coming from the right side. But I was also a few drinks in by that point, so who knows.

Albert did get owned early in the game by Johnson on a sack.

Priest31kc
09-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Sign Runyan, hes better than anything we got probably, and move Ndukwe to RG where he only gave up one sack last year.

Direckshun
09-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Runyan can at least use a one-year deal worth, oh I don't know, $7 million.

doomy3
09-13-2009, 06:42 PM

That's not true at all. Johnson was blowing Albert's ass up the entire game.

Rain Man
09-13-2009, 06:43 PM
I hope the people who refuse to spend first-day picks on linemen are going to show up and defend how "you can always get guards and centers and right tackles".

chiefzilla1501
09-13-2009, 06:48 PM
I hope the people who refuse to spend first-day picks on linemen are going to show up and defend how "you can always get guards and centers and right tackles".

Who said that? Nobody said that.

The complaint is that you don't use a top 5 pick on a RT/G/C. Not even a top 10 or 20 pick. I fully 100% agree that the Chiefs were stupid to not make any effort to bring one in in the 3rd or 4th round.

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Albert's clearly taken a step backward from last year. Goff was owned. Ndukwe was better than expected but I guess that's because I'm so used to seeing such complete and utter dogshit out of the right tackle spot that sucking seemed like an improvement.

Haley needs to make major changes to the line.

I hope we'll see Albert/Waters/Allemen/Ndukew/O'Callaghan next week.

It certainly can't be any worse.

milkman
09-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Albert's clearly taken a step backward from last year. Goff was owned. Ndukwe was better than expected but I guess that's because I'm so used to seeing such complete and utter dogshit out of the right tackle spot that sucking seemed like an improvement.

Haley needs to make major changes to the line.

I hope we'll see Albert/Waters/Allemen/Ndukew/O'Callaghan next week.

It certainly can't be any worse.

I didn't watch line play closely today, but from the preseason, it really looks like Albert has been thinking, rather than just reacting with his natural athletic ability.

I'm guessing that's because he's getting more coaching on technique, and when it becomes more natural, he'll return t form, and grow from there.

Pioli Zombie
09-13-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm truly shocked. Surely we should have expected the Chiefs offensive line to manhandle the Baltimore Ravens.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
09-13-2009, 07:22 PM
I'm truly shocked. Surely we should have expected the Chiefs offensive line to manhandle the Baltimore Ravens.
Posted via Mobile Device

Shut the fuck up, dumbass.

Rain Man
09-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Who said that? Nobody said that.

The complaint is that you don't use a top 5 pick on a RT/G/C. Not even a top 10 or 20 pick. I fully 100% agree that the Chiefs were stupid to not make any effort to bring one in in the 3rd or 4th round.

Create a thread next offseason advocating spending a 2nd-round pick on a center. You'll see.

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2009, 07:23 PM
I didn't watch line play closely today, but from the preseason, it really looks like Albert has been thinking, rather than just reacting with his natural athletic ability.

I'm guessing that's because he's getting more coaching on technique, and when it becomes more natural, he'll return t form, and grow from there.

I'd imagine you're correct.

I just hope that happens soon. The Giant D-line looked ferocious today.

Deberg_1990
09-13-2009, 07:24 PM
I wonder if Alberts weight loss has anything to do with his decreased performance?

Is he playing too light?

Pioli Zombie
09-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Shut the fuck up, dumbass.

Why don't you, fuckhead.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy
09-13-2009, 07:27 PM
I wonder if Alberts weight loss has anything to do with his decreased performance?

Is he playing too light?

I'm very worried about this as well. Johnson was bullrushing all game and beating Albert.

chiefzilla1501
09-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Create a thread next offseason advocating spending a 2nd-round pick on a center. You'll see.

If people are pissed about that, than that's unwarranted. A 2nd round pick is a very good value if it's one of the top Centers, Guards, or RTs in the class.

milkman
09-13-2009, 07:31 PM
If people are pissed about that, than that's unwarranted. A 2nd round pick is a very good value if it's one of the top Centers, Guards, or RTs in the class.

I highly doubt anyone that was opposed to taking an O-Lineman with the 3rd overall would have complained in the least if we had taken Antoine Caldwell with out 3rd round pick.

milkman
09-13-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm very worried about this as well. Johnson was bullrushing all game and beating Albert.

Yeah, that was something I was worried about when we first heard about the weight loss.

Even as he's hitting the weights while losing weight, he just isn't going to ba as strong early in the reshaping of the body.

ILChief
09-13-2009, 07:45 PM
If there is a stud LT available when we pick I would take him and move albert to right tackle

Buehler445
09-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Nicecock didn't get the ball snapped on two separate occasions (that I saw). Croyle was pounding his foot like crazy.

riskrevival
09-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Jarret Johnson made our left side look pathetic.

milkman
09-13-2009, 07:48 PM
If there is a stud LT available when we pick I would take him and move albert to right tackle

If Albert's struggles continue through the season, then I might be disinclined to argue with you.

However, I expect to start bouncing back around game 3 or 4.

notorious
09-13-2009, 07:48 PM
I didn't watch line play all that closely today

That's because there wasn't any line play to see.

notorious
09-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Nicecock didn't get the ball snapped on two separate occasions (that I saw). Croyle was pounding his foot like crazy.

That happened on the near fumble. What the hell was the problem?

milkman
09-13-2009, 07:49 PM
That's because there wasn't any line play to see.

Ah...ha..

I see what you did there.

notorious
09-13-2009, 07:51 PM

I agree unless there is another can't-miss pick (Dorsey, Simms, etc). Albert will want LT money after his first contract, but obviously he doesn't deserve it so we should ship his ass out.

Mr. Laz
09-13-2009, 07:55 PM

Is he playing too light?Albert wasn't getting bullrushed, he was getting beat with quickness.

I don't see how his weight loss could make him slower.

notorious
09-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Albert wasn't getting bullrushed, he was getting beat with quickness.

We might have to explore the possiblity that he might not be franchise LT material.

Buehler445
09-13-2009, 07:58 PM
That happened on the near fumble. What the hell was the problem?

Don't know. There was another one where Brodie was stomping like mad. Of course, the Defense saw that and bum rushed him.

doomy3
09-13-2009, 08:03 PM
Albert wasn't getting bullrushed, he was getting beat with quickness.

I agree. He was just flat out getting beat. Both inside and outside.

2bikemike
09-13-2009, 08:15 PM
My 2 questions about the line are.

1.) Did Albert take off too much weight?

2.) How much of the O-line problems are due to the revolving door on the right side. The better Offensive lines play together for a while and get to gel. Will this team get better after they play together for a bit of time?

CoMoChief
09-13-2009, 08:44 PM
From what I saw from Albert, his blocking sucked. Got beat on multiple occasions.

And Gregg fuckin pushed around our interior line all day.

corandval
09-13-2009, 11:39 PM
Albert should be moved to guard next year and we should draft a left tackle.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2009, 11:53 PM

If you would have proposed spending a #2 on Mack or Unger you would have gotten almost no resistance from anyone on this board.

Your inability to see the difference between a pro bowl guard and a pro bowl quarterback is your own failure. Don't extrapolate it out to thinking that everyone has a complete inability to see where you can get good value in the draft.

J Diddy
09-14-2009, 01:49 AM
We might have to explore the possiblity that he might not be franchise LT material.

I see how you can get that after his 17th game and being coached by two different o line coaches and two different head coaches. Especially when the game in question featured a great defense.

:rolleyes:

booger
09-14-2009, 02:05 AM
Don't know. There was another one where Brodie was stomping like mad. Of course, the Defense saw that and bum rushed him.

most likely play clock. I'm sure some of the verbage changed when the Chan firing happened and Haley rewrote some of the playbook. Haley probably has to slow down getting the call to Brodie and he has to slow down to call it to the others in the huddle. It's all new.

Not an excuse. It's what Haley chose to do. I'm glad in the long run.

booger
09-14-2009, 03:17 AM
on the STL ps game broad cast Jayce pearson talked with Pioli and when Ryan O'Calloghan was talked about Pioli mentoned not only RT but RG as well.

Once they figure out if they will sign Runyan or not and decide on if O'Calloghan can be a starter or not, i would benifit to see to bigs at the RG and RT spots. Either R O'C at RG or RT and the same with Ndukwe. It just seems they aren't as concerned with Goff as others are. IIRC when they signed Goff they didn't want to confirm he would play RG when asked when he signed. That led to Teicher i believe saying maybe he would play C which he is capable of. Center is a problem in itself and maybe Alleman gets a chance there. Big guys at RG and RT though could get the run game going which would get the pass game going and keep the D off the field less.

I also expect Richardson to be brought up from the PS or another backup LT signed. Right now it is Wade Smith who was a full season starter at LT as a rook with Miami. He's basically the backup at all spots but RT on the game day active roster.

Mecca
09-14-2009, 03:33 AM
The thing with Albert is playing guard in college and last year I'm guessing he was roughly the same weight for about 5 years...

You take off a significant portion of weight in a short period of time it can screw with your balance. He's playing a position that is all lateral agility and balance...

booger
09-14-2009, 03:39 AM
The thing with Albert is playing guard in college and last year I'm guessing he was roughly the same weight for about 5 years...

You take off a significant portion of weight in a short period of time it can screw with your balance. He's playing a position that is all lateral agility and balance...

Yep. I think 305 is what Haley wanted him at and where he probably is. I think he had to lose some, not alot of muscle/stregnth. Hopefully he sticks to a strong lifting program in season as much as his body allows.

I think it is a new blocking scheme and lack of communication on some plays as to who blocks who. I saw that at least once today. J. Johnson i think came completely unblocked. But i agree Albert has got bull rushed to much.

The RB/TE max protect has been better but the communication/awareness between them and the Oline needs improvement.

RINGLEADER
09-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Like a bad actor they were good half the time.

That one play when Baltimore blitzed it looked like the Chiefs didn't even have an offensive line. Other times they held up okay. Still need two tackles by next season IMO. If we trade for someone who is proven on the left side and draft someone on the right that would let us move Albert over to left guard where he belongs.