PDA

View Full Version : Life America's Greatest Villains: The Championship

Rain Man
09-14-2009, 09:49 PM
You've worked long and hard for this, waited for a long time. You thought, you voted, you made jokes about horrific murders. And now, we have the championship vote.

I bring to you the two greatest villains in American history. When the vote ends, you shall bring to me the winner.

POND_OF_RED
09-14-2009, 09:58 PM
McVeigh hands down. Blowing people up is far worse than convincing brain dead followers to take their own lives.

raybec 4
09-14-2009, 10:04 PM
I went with Jones, TMac did it for his sick twisted cause, but Jones did it just cause he could.

FD
09-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Gotta go with Jones, what he did was beyond belief. An enormous number of his followers were shot or forced to drink the koolaid at gunpoint, as well.

ChiefJustice
09-15-2009, 07:56 AM
I'm still sticking with Arnold and Booth.

rockymtnchief
09-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Tough choice.

I went with Jones. Like McVeigh, her murdered many, but manipulated them for years and gave them something to believe in. THEN killed them.

jidar
09-15-2009, 08:33 AM
That was a tough one..I almost pussied out and went for choice 3 but I gave it to Jones just because he was so twisted.

FAX
09-15-2009, 08:43 AM
No offense, Mr. Rain Man, but these choices are kinda lame. To be frank about it, I think we need some better finalists. Would it be too much trouble to just start over from the beginning?

FAX

JOhn
09-15-2009, 08:44 AM
McVeigh hands down. Blowing people up is far worse than convincing brain dead followers to take their own lives.

THIS!!!

siberian khatru
09-15-2009, 08:45 AM
I'm still sticking with Arnold and Booth.

Look, I think "Carpool" is a really dumb movie, but I don't think that makes Tom Arnold one of America's greatest villains.

jidar
09-15-2009, 08:46 AM
THIS!!!

There were over 200 unwilling victims in the Jim Jones incident. All children who were givin the drink first without being told what it was.

ziggysocki
09-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Jones has to be more evil - body count alone - 900(250 + were children for god's sake) to 168. I dont care how dumb the followers were... manipulating stupid people into killing innocent children has to be worse than (in McVeigh's mind) carrying out an attack on your political enemy.

ChiefJustice
09-15-2009, 08:58 AM
Look, I think "Carpool" is a really dumb movie, but I don't think that makes Tom Arnold one of America's greatest villains.

“O villain, villain, smiling, damned villain! (http://thinkexist.com/quotation/o_villain-villain-smiling-damned_villain/330398.html)”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as5.gif William Shakespeare (http://thinkexist.com/quotes/william_shakespeare/)

http://cdn-www.cracked.com/articleimages/dan/haskins/arnold.jpg

Amnorix
09-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Actually, it's clearly Al Capone.

:D

Kylo Ren
09-15-2009, 09:14 AM
No Obama? This poll is a farce!

Bane
09-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Gary Ridgway was worse than both of these ass clowns put together.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Ridgeway

Duck Dog
09-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Jones preyed on the weak minded and the easily influenced. McVeigh attacked innocent unsuspecting people doing their daily business. McVeigh is clearly the worse of these two.

Duck Dog
09-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Gary Ridgway was worse than both of these ass clowns put together.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Ridgeway

Mcveighs death toll. 168 people 19 were children.
Jones death toll. 900 people.

Ridgway isn't even on the map.

ziggysocki
09-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Mcveighs death toll. 168 people 19 were children.
Jones death toll. 900 people 276 were children.

Ridgway isn't even on the map.

FYP, only for greater clarification.

Hydrae
09-15-2009, 11:31 AM
I didn't vote for either of these before today but had to go with McVeigh of these two.

kysirsoze
09-15-2009, 11:34 AM
Went with McVeigh. Jones "wins" the death toll argument, but McVeigh's terrorist attack, I think, had a bigger emotional effect on the country as a whole. I think this is evidenced by many posters on this board's attitude that Jones victims were "brain dead followers." I would also wager that a nationwide poll would show much higher recognition for McVeigh.

Boothe still should be #1.

ziggysocki
09-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Wow. People talk about the innocence of the victims... Jim Jones was able to convince over 600 adults into purposely killing 276 of their own children and grandchildren as a 'suicide revolution' -- a statement against government much like McVeigh's. That is pretty freaking evil. McVeigh even said later that he would have considered a different target had he known that there was a daycare operating on the first floor, saying that was a lot of 'collateral damage'.

T-post Tom
09-15-2009, 12:02 PM
These were my top 2 all along. I went with Jones because he protracted an insidious evil over so many years and lives.

trndobrd
09-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Guyana's greatest villian or America's greatest villian?

Dave Lane
09-15-2009, 12:23 PM
I went with Jones, TMac did it for his sick twisted cause, but Jones did it just cause he could.

this

JohninGpt
09-15-2009, 12:31 PM
I went with Jones. Those pictures of acres of bodies of men, women, and children, that he convinced should die with him, are something I'll always remember.

JOhn
09-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Wow. People talk about the innocence of the victims... Jim Jones was able to convince over 600 adults into purposely killing 276 of their own children and grandchildren as a 'suicide revolution' -- a statement against government much like McVeigh's. That is pretty freaking evil. McVeigh even said later that he would have considered a different target had he known that there was a daycare operating on the first floor, saying that was a lot of 'collateral damage'.

Using that argument, then you have to say that the Adults were just as culpable as were Jones.

To me the sudden unprovoked attack on innocent people far outweighs the praying on week minded people that Jones did. As for the smaller death toll, only by the grace of god were not more people killed. And McVeigh saying he didn't target kids and such is BS to save his own neck. He placed a 5 ton bomb on the side of a busy street were anyone could have been a victim. And he KNEW there was a daycare in that building, his was done on purose with much forethought and malice involved.
Your not going to convince me otherwise.

ziggysocki
09-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Using that argument, then you have to say that the Adults were just as culpable as were Jones.

To me the sudden unprovoked attack on innocent people far outweighs the praying on week minded people that Jones did. As for the smaller death toll, only by the grace of god were not more people killed. And McVeigh saying he didn't target kids and such is BS to save his own neck. He placed a 5 ton bomb on the side of a busy street were anyone could have been a victim. And he KNEW there was a daycare in that building, his was done on purose with much forethought and malice involved.
Your not going to convince me otherwise.

regardless of the methods, philosophies -- all else equal 276 innocent children (I will even leave out the adults - and assume that they would have killed children at some point anyway) compared to 168 total. I am no math genius, but like Brady > Croyle, 276 > 168 . Jones is worse. Give me one solid reason why McVeigh is worse. Because it was a strike directly against the govt? Because it was on American soil? Because the dead and injured were not otherwise involved? Because he used a bomb instead of poison? Dead is Dead. 276 > 168 Jones > McVeigh (greater than as in a greater villain)

FAX
09-15-2009, 01:14 PM
No argument that both these assclowns are evil bastards. That much is certain.

However, the leader of the Smiley Face Killer Gang has to be America's Greatest Villain. No one really knows how many people this guy has killed. It could be thousands. Just because he hasn't been caught or identified, doesn't make him any less villainous.

Plus, there's Sasquatch. He kills people and he's stinky. I really think we should start over.

FAX

JohninGpt
09-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Jones did give us the cliche, "I'm drinking the Koolaid". That is enough to convict him in my mind.

JOhn
09-15-2009, 02:31 PM
regardless of the methods, philosophies -- all else equal 276 innocent children (I will even leave out the adults - and assume that they would have killed children at some point anyway) compared to 168 total. I am no math genius, but like Brady > Croyle, 276 > 168 . Jones is worse. Give me one solid reason why McVeigh is worse. Because it was a strike directly against the govt? Because it was on American soil? Because the dead and injured were not otherwise involved? Because he used a bomb instead of poison? Dead is Dead. 276 > 168 Jones > McVeigh (greater than as in a greater villain)

See you're making an assumption that the numbers is what determines evil. Maybe in your mind it does, not in mine.

I stated my reasons, and stick by them. Not going to keep restating the same argument over & over. :harumph:

JohninGpt
09-15-2009, 02:40 PM
I think what really convinces me that Jones is the more evil is this. McVeigh murdered anonymously, Jones killed or convinced people he knew, and who believed he was acting in their best interest to kill themselves.
McVeigh considered himself as at war and attacking an enemy. Jones looked people in the eye and ordered them to die for him.

ziggysocki
09-15-2009, 03:55 PM
I think what really convinces me that Jones is the more evil is this. McVeigh murdered anonymously, Jones killed or convinced people he knew, and who believed he was acting in their best interest to kill themselves.
McVeigh considered himself as at war and attacking an enemy. Jones looked people in the eye and ordered them to die for him.

Excellent points!

ziggysocki
09-15-2009, 03:56 PM
See you're making an assumption that the numbers is what determines evil. Maybe in your mind it does, not in mine.

I stated my reasons, and stick by them. Not going to keep restating the same argument over & over. :harumph:

Guess we will have to agree to disagree. Even though I am right and you are wrong. :p

Gadzooks
09-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Plus, there's Sasquatch. He kills people and he's stinky. I really think we should start over.

FAX

Sasquatch is innocent until proven guilty. Those crimes were perpetrated by the Yeti!

McVeigh's on the same level a Obama Bin Laden.

teedubya
09-15-2009, 05:39 PM
John Wilkes Booth.

Rain Man
09-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Okay, I'm calling the race. The most villainous villain in the history of America is Mr. Timothy McVeigh, a Taurus.

http://www.nndb.com/people/936/000031843/timothy-mcveigh-1-sized.jpg

patteeu
09-15-2009, 08:10 PM
Certainly a deserving champion.