PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Turk McBride Gone....

aturnis
09-15-2009, 02:41 PM
Wade in.

Mr. Arrowhead
about time, nice pick Hermie and Carl

Mr. Laz
wow, Lawrence has the lives of a cat.

Pierre Walters FTW!!!!!!!!

the Talking Can
09-15-2009, 02:42 PM
upgrade

rockymtnchief
09-15-2009, 02:42 PM
I had hopes for the guy when drafted. Bye.

BigChiefFan
09-15-2009, 02:43 PM
That's the good thing about being a shitty team, almost everybody is expendable. I certainly didn't think it would be McBride, though.

Sofa King
09-15-2009, 02:44 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/aa/Byebyebye.jpg

The Franchise
Another 2nd round pick wasted....

Frazod
Another wasted pick. Good riddance and all, but damn that pisses me off. :banghead:

Chiefnj2
If Key Fox can find a place on a team, I'm sure McBride has a decent shot of getting picked up.

El Jefe
Another 2nd round pick wasted....

This

rad
09-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Link?

KCUnited
09-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Nick Wright just cut himself.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 02:47 PM
wow, Lawrence has the lives of a cat.

Pierre Walters FTW!!!!!!!!

No way Lawrence is cut, Dude.

NONE.

alpha_omega
09-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Progress....it doesn't seem that long ago when we were talking about Turk, Tank, Tamba, and Trashed.

BigChiefFan
09-15-2009, 02:48 PM
We just released a back-up for a starter. It's sucks he was a 2nd round pick, but the front office doesn't give a damn where you were selected, especially by a previous regime. They want production.

Mr. Laz
09-15-2009, 02:49 PM
No way Lawrence is cut, Dude.

NONE.
Why, because he's shown so much? Just move him to the practice squad where he can get some work and move on.

ModSocks
09-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Im surprised he even made the team.

loochy
09-15-2009, 02:53 PM
So much for Herm's no talent ass clown movement...

FYP

Tribal Warfare
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Tank and Turk show is finished

the Talking Can
two 2nds cut this year....what a waste (the picks, not the cuts)

DaneMcCloud
Why, because he's shown so much? Just move him to the practice squad where he can get some work and move on.

He won't make it through waivers.

Look, I've said it before and I'll say it again: Haley turned 5th rounder Steve Breaston into a 1,000 yard receiver his second season. And that was next to Fitzgerald and Boldin.

If Haley saw enough in Lawrence to keep him on the 53 man roster, he's going nowhere.

The next logical step would be to cut Copper (who's invisible) or Engram and that's only IF they claim someone like Baskett and get him.

The Poz
09-15-2009, 02:54 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/09/15/chiefs_sign_free_agent_wr_bobby_wade/

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 02:54 PM
So much for Herm's youth movement...

The guy was a tweener DT/DE, not a 3-4 linebacker.

I'm surprised he even made the 53 man roster.

orange
09-15-2009, 02:55 PM
They cut McBride for Wade? That doesn't seem to add up.

Are there more changes?

KCChiefsMan
09-15-2009, 02:57 PM
good, more stink from Herm and Carl soaped up.

Monty
09-15-2009, 02:58 PM
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Tank and Turk show is finished

Wasn't it Turk that was featured on Hard Knocks going out in the fields in RF in search of vegetables/crops in the fields there? Can't remember if it was Turk or Tank..... :hmmm:

Mr. Laz
09-15-2009, 02:59 PM

Look, I've said it before and I'll say it again: Haley turned 5th rounder Steve Breaston into a 1,000 yard receiver his second season. And that was next to Fitzgerald and Boldin.

If Haley saw enough in Lawrence to keep him on the 53 man roster, he's going nowhere.

The next logical step would be to cut Copper (who's invisible) or Engram and that's only IF they claim someone like Baskett and get him.
It doesn't matter whether Haley sees something in him. It doesn't matter what Haley has done in the past with receivers. The only thing that matters is if ANOTHER TEAM saw something. Lawrence didn't do anything in preseason that would make him worth grabbing.

Haley can continue to work with Lawrence on the practice squad. As soon as Lawrence is as good as Steve Breaston then he can promote him to the regular roster.

Right now he's not good enough to play receive on a team with crap at the position. He's not dependable enough to return kicks/punts on a team with no returner. He's a waste of space.

DaneMcCloud
It doesn't matter whether Haley sees something in him. It doesn't matter what Haley has done in the past with receivers. The only thing that matters is if ANOTHER TEAM saw something. Lawrence didn't do anything in preseason that would make him worth grabbing.

Haley can continue to work with Lawrence on the practice squad. As soon as Lawrence is as good as Steve Breaston then he can promote him to the regular roster.

Right now he's not good enough to play receive on a team with crap at the position. He's not dependable enough to return kicks/punts on a team with no returner. He's a waste of space.

Well, I fully disagree.

And to this point, so do Haley & Pioli.

Tribal Warfare
Wasn't it Turk that was featured on Hard Knocks going out in the fields in RF in search of vegetables/crops in the fields there? Can't remember if it was Turk or Tank..... :hmmm:

That was Tank corn and peas

Monty
09-15-2009, 03:00 PM
That was Tank corn and peas

Yes...thanks.

CaliforniaChief
09-15-2009, 03:01 PM

100% agree with this. Copper especially...I mean, he couldn't even pick up a blocked punt in the end zone with nobody but Chiefs around him.

Mr. Flopnuts
Produce or kick rocks.

Titty Meat
Pre-season doesn't mean shit.

Dane would you really want the Chiefs to cut Engram? The guy is money on third downs. The next guy to logically be cut would be Copper, though the Chiefs have 4 Qb's, Thigpen should be released too.

ModSocks
09-15-2009, 03:02 PM

This.

You know what Dane, Im not sure why people give you so much shit.

BigChiefFan
09-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Carl must have the worst 2nd round picks of all-time. 2nd rounders are your bread and butter picks, that should translate into starters. I can't think of one 2nd rnd. pick on Carl's watch that amounted to squat. Hopefully, Pioli can turn that around.

DumbHillbillies
09-15-2009, 03:03 PM
In retrospect, the writing was on the wall. No suprise.

Frosty
Carl must have the worst 2nd round picks of all-time. 2nd rounders are your bread and butter picks, that should translate into starters. I can't think of one 2nd rnd. pick on Carl's watch that amounted to squat. Hopefully, Pioli can turn that around.

Hopefully Flowers will break that trend.

ModSocks

Dane would you really want the Chiefs to cut Engram? The guy is money on third downs. The next guy to logically be cut would be Copper, though the Chiefs have 4 Qb's, Thigpen should be released too.

Engram doesn't have it anymore, I wouldnt care if he were cut

Mr. Arrowhead
09-15-2009, 03:04 PM

His last one isnt bad in Brandon Flowers, but ur right other than that they all sucked

Halfcan
09-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Turd is gone Tank is next.

wow if you look back at Herms draft record-it looks pretty horrible.

I thought he was suppose to be a talent guru or something.

The Krumrie slap text fails again. He should be kicked in the nuts.

DumbHillbillies
09-15-2009, 03:05 PM

Guiterez(sp). At least thiggy can contribute with the wildcat.

keg in kc
09-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Why, because he's shown so much? Just move him to the practice squad where he can get some work and move on.Why would he get any more work on the scout team then he would as part of the regular roster? The only thing he'd get to do there is learn some semblence of their upcoming opponent's playbook every week.

The Franchise
09-15-2009, 03:08 PM

I wish people would get this stupid Wildcat bullshit out of their heads.

DumbHillbillies
09-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Turd is gone Tank is next.

wow if you look back at Herms draft record-it looks pretty horrible.

I thought he was suppose to be a talent guru or something.

The Krumrie slap text fails again. He should be kicked in the nuts.

Different scheme requires different players, Turk is no LB.

TinyEvel
So how do you see Wade fitting in? from the stats he doesn't look anything special :shrug:

less bad than what we currently have?

keg in kc
Turd is gone Tank is next.Unless there's a better tackle floating around out there, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

The Franchise
So how do you see Wade fitting in? from the stats he doesn't look anything special :shrug:

Wide Receiver and Punt Returner

nychief
09-15-2009, 03:10 PM
yet we still have 4 qbs on the roster.

kstater
09-15-2009, 03:13 PM

If a player's only good enough to play in a gimmick, he's not good enough take up a roster spot.

kstater
09-15-2009, 03:13 PM

He'll play the slot. He led Minnesota in receptions the last two years.

DumbHillbillies
09-15-2009, 03:14 PM
I wish people would get this stupid Wildcat bullshit out of their heads.

Hey, I hear you but its a copycat league. Opposing teams have to take time out regular game planning just to focus on a couple of trick plays.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 03:14 PM

He'll be a good receiver for the Chiefs. The Vikings are loaded at receiver, which is why he was cut.

I expect him to get around 500-600 yards in the next 15 games with 3TD's.

That averages out to a couple of catches a game for 30 to 40 yards.

wild1
09-15-2009, 03:16 PM

what do you mean, with this roster he's a starter as soon as he gets acclimated to the offense.

cdcox
09-15-2009, 03:16 PM
There are still 20 guys on this roster who have to figure that if they don't improve by the end of the season, they will be out of the NFL. These guys are playing for their paycheck from day one. Under this pressure, a very few of them might develop into something worthwhile. All Hail Haley.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 03:20 PM
There are still 20 guys on this roster who have to figure that if they don't improve by the end of the season, they will be out of the NFL. These guys are playing for their paycheck from day one. Under this pressure, a very few of them might develop into something worthwhile. All Hail Haley.

20?

I'd say about 49 guys.

The only guys in my opinion that are complete locks for 2010 are Dwayne Bowe, Matt Cassel, Tyson Jackson and Brendon Flowers.

Mr. Laz
Well, I fully disagree.

And to this point, so do Haley & Pioli.
Yep, apparently they do.

The Bad Guy
Good. Next up is Copper for Basket.

Mr. Laz
09-15-2009, 03:21 PM
20?

I'd say about 49 guys.

The only guys in my opinion that are complete locks for 2010 are Dwayne Bowe, Matt Cassel, Tyson Jackson and Brendon Flowers.
what about Lawrence, surely he's too valuable to cut. :fire:

KCChiefsMan
09-15-2009, 03:23 PM

ya, at least in the past 15 years or so almost all of our 2nd round picks have sucked. Flowers hopefully will end that curse if he can stay healthy.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Good. Next up is Copper for Basket.

Man, I hope.

But I'm betting (as I said earlier) that Spags puts in a claim.

DaneMcCloud
what about Lawrence, surely he's too valuable to cut. :fire:

LMAO

Direckshun
QB: Cassel, Croyle, Thigpen, Gutierrez
RB: Johnson, Charles, Battle, Savage
FB: Cox

WR: Bowe, Bradley, Engram, Copper, Lawrence, Wade
TE: Ryan, Cottam, O'Connell

LT: Albert, Ndukwe
LG: Waters, Smith
C: Niswanger, Smith
RG: Goff, Alleman
RT: Ndukwe, O'Callaghan

DE: Jackson, Gilberry
NT: Tyler, Edwards
DE: Dorsey, Magee

OLB: Vrabel, Studebaker
ILB: Williams, Johnson
ILB: Mays, Belcher, Beisel
OLB: Hali, Walters

CB: Flowers, Carr, Leggett, Colclough, Washington
S: Brown, McGraw, Page, Morgan

K: Succop
P: Colquitt
LS: Gafford
KR: Charles, Lawrence
PR: Engram, Leggett

The Franchise
09-15-2009, 03:28 PM
20?

I'd say about 49 guys.

Who is this...Brendon Flowers guy?

Is he related to Brandon Flowers? :D

The Bad Guy
09-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Demorrio Williams just can not start anymore. I know DJ is a loaf, but Williams is awful.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 03:29 PM

DE: Dorsey, McGee

Wade will most certainly be a kick returner and punt returner.

And I'd be surprised if he doesn't start in the slot on Sunday.

CoMoChief
09-15-2009, 03:31 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/aa/Byebyebye.jpg

God I miss them......I really wish they would get back together. I miss their music.

CoMoChief
09-15-2009, 03:32 PM

DE: Dorsey, Magee

Least talented roster in football folks.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Who is this...Brendon Flowers guy?

Is he related to Brandon Flowers? :D

Oooppps

ModSocks
09-15-2009, 03:37 PM

Uh, no. We have amazing punter and an up and coming kicker. Doesn't that count for something?

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Uh, no. We have amazing punter and an up and coming kicker. Doesn't that count for something?

Not really

ModSocks
09-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Not really

Its a joke.

Stinger

Only if Herm was still here

DaneMcCloud
Its a joke.

Yes it is

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2009, 03:43 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zedq3Xw-XoM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zedq3Xw-XoM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Marcellus
09-15-2009, 03:48 PM

While I am sure we are a shoe in for bottom 3, you really have to wonder about Cinci and Detroit. Cinci can't get out of their own way period and Detroit is well, Detroit. Say what you want about names on a roster, bla,bla,bla, the proof is in the performance.

Oh yea, how many points did Gunther's defense give up Sunday?LMAO

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Oh yea, how many points did Gunther's defense give up Sunday?LMAO

At least it was against one of the best offenses in the league.

jaa1025
09-15-2009, 03:51 PM
The next logical cut/trade is Thigpen/Croyle/Gutierrez. They don't need to keep 4 QB's on the roster with when they all have trade value. Thigpen is definitely the odd man out but I doubt he holds the highest trade value.

Unfortunately, the Raiders and Bronco's seem to be the QB hungriest teams out there. The Raiders might be dumb enough to give a 1st rounder for Croyle and the Bronco's I could see going hard after Gutierrez.

keg in kc
09-15-2009, 03:51 PM
At least it was against one of the best offenses in the league.The Ravens may end up being one of the best offenses in the league, as well. It's hard to say.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 03:52 PM
The Ravens may end up being one of the best offenses in the league, as well. It's hard to say.

I kinda doubt it but we'll see.

Their receivers don't scare anyone and Ray Rice is small.

veist
09-15-2009, 03:53 PM
He'll be a good receiver for the Chiefs. The Vikings are loaded at receiver, which is why he was cut.

I expect him to get around 500-600 yards in the next 15 games with 3TD's.

That averages out to a couple of catches a game for 30 to 40 yards.

Loaded with potential, you can blame the QBs for the poor production but they still have to prove that they can produce. Berrian is a real speedster with questionable hands, Rice has spent a lot of time injured but has talent and Harvin is immensely talented but has questions to answer too. Bottom line though is Wade wasn't going to be paid the $4M or whatever to be Harvin's backup.

LaChapelle
09-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Turk and Pollard 2 -2cond rounders
Castle and Vrabel 1-2cnd rounder
hmmmmmmm

BWillie
09-15-2009, 03:54 PM
The next logical cut/trade is Thigpen/Croyle/Gutierrez. They don't need to keep 4 QB's on the roster with when they all have trade value. Thigpen is definitely the odd man out but I doubt he holds the highest trade value.

Unfortunately, the Raiders and Bronco's seem to be the QB hungriest teams out there. The Raiders might be dumb enough to give a 1st rounder for Croyle and the Bronco's I could see going hard after Gutierrez.

Hopefully is Cassel is out Sunday - Croyle lights it up for a career day. Something like 350 3TD's no INT , and then we can trade him and get a decent pick. Best case scenario I think. I don't think anybody is going to give us jack for Pigpen

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Hopefully is Cassel is out Sunday - Croyle lights it up for a career day. Something like 350 3TD's no INT , and then we can trade him and get a decent pick. Best case scenario I think.

LMAO

Are you serious?

J Diddy
09-15-2009, 03:59 PM

Normally I'd agree with you but due to kc's offensive line they may actually need to get another qb.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2009, 04:01 PM
Turk and Pollard 2 -2cond rounders
Castle and Vrabel 1-2cnd rounder
hmmmmmmm

We may be pulling in less smelly turds, but at least we're fishing.

WWCD(what would Carl do)?

He'd send dumbfuck out to tell us that the last 15% was in place, and we're READY TO ROLL!!!!
And then he'd go to Plaza III with Tony and October, drink his wine, and try to convince Gonzales that the 5 year plan under himself and Herm is actually a better 5 year plan than he had with Marty, and he just needs to stick it out and
"gnumm-gnumm-gnumm...pass the butter please....gnumm-gnumm-gnumm...glug-glug-glug..."more wine"!

keg in kc
09-15-2009, 04:04 PM

Their receivers don't scare anyone and Ray Rice is small.They may not scare anybody, but Mason's been a thousand-yard receiver for 8 of the last 9 years, Clayton quietly averaged 17 yards/catch last year and Heap's about as good as any TE in the league. Rice isn't much smaller than Priest Holmes and he's a lot bigger than Darren Sproles. If their line (which is both solid and young) is consistent and Flacco continues to progress, I think they're going to put up some points.

In fact, I'm not sure that offense, personnel-wise, is all that different from the KC or SD offenses from 2002-2003, and they just happen to have both of the offensive coordinators from those two teams.

htismaqe
09-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Turk was in a no-win situation here. He's best-suited to be an undersized 3-technique for a Cover 2 defense. The brain trust that ran such a defense decided to move him to defense end (so much for Herm actually understanding the Tampa 2).

And then we went to a 3-4 and the guy basically has no position.

He'd make a good backup somewhere like Indy or Chicago.

KCCHIEFS27
09-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Hopefully Cassel is out Sunday - Croyle lights it up for a career day. Something like 350 3TD's no INT , and then we can trade him and get a decent pick. Best case scenario I think.

:LOL: Why stop there? LJ runs for 200+ and 5 TD's, Dorsey has 6 sacks and Derrick Johnson turns into Bobby Boucher.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Turk was in a no-win situation here. He's best-suited to be an undersized 3-technique for a Cover 2 defense. The brain trust that ran such a defense decided to move him to defense end (so much for Herm actually understanding the Tampa 2).

He's got some talent and he's not stupid. He'll latch on somewhere for sure.

stevieray
09-15-2009, 04:23 PM
fluid roster....

Buehler445
09-15-2009, 04:26 PM

I don't understand why he wasn't tried at 3-4 DE.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
09-15-2009, 04:33 PM
I don't understand why he wasn't tried at 3-4 DE.
Posted via Mobile Device

He's not strong enough at the point of attack. If we were going to play 1-gap 100% of the time, he might be able to do it.

But him playing 2-gap, 5-technique just isn't going to happen. He's a penetrator.

Buehler445
09-15-2009, 04:34 PM
He's not strong enough at the point of attack. If we were going to play 1-gap 100% of the time, he might be able to do it.

But him playing 2-gap, 5-technique just isn't going to happen. He's a penetrator.

That makes sense. He was the right size, I guess just not strong enough.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bugeater
09-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Funny, all I heard for three years was how Herm had this great eye for talent and how our drafts had improved under him.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Turk just didn't fit. I thought they would take him the other way, into a DE in the 3-4. He will catch on with another team and have a decent career.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Funny, all I heard for three years was how Herm had this great eye for talent and how our drafts had improved under him.

The worst part, is even with these moves, the drafts under Herm were still better than under DV.

But, the Turk McBride move especially, is about not fitting into the scheme.

DeezNutz
09-15-2009, 04:42 PM

That's the first thing I think about when these things go down.

On the plus side: Maybe Albert and Flowers will be good enough to mask all the other fuck ups.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 04:46 PM
That's the first thing I think about when these things go down.

On the plus side: Maybe Albert and Flowers will be good enough to mask all the other fuck ups.

Bowe certainly fits that bill.

DeezNutz
09-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Bowe certainly fits that bill.

Yep, yep.

Don't know why he didn't come to mind? Maybe because he was largely invisible last Sunday?

aturnis
09-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Yep, yep.

Don't know why he didn't come to mind? Maybe because he was largely invisible last Sunday?

Not his fault Brodie defaulted to the check down almost the entire first half.

DeezNutz
09-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Not his fault Brodie defaulted to the check down almost the entire first half.

Not blaming Bowe, necessarily.

Just stating a fact. Dude wasn't a major part of the passing game, for whatever reason. Coverage, Croyle, whatever...

teedubya
09-15-2009, 04:56 PM
We should have drafted fucking Ryan Kalil instead of this Turd McBride.

raybec 4
09-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Not blaming Bowe, necessarily.

Just stating a fact. Dude wasn't a major part of the passing game, for whatever reason. Coverage, Croyle, whatever...

If it's coverage you can blame Bowe, a large part of his job is to get open.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2009, 05:03 PM
I've been waiting for this moment.

http://i36.tinypic.com/2rnws38.jpg

http://i36.tinypic.com/10gg12w.gif

DeezNutz
09-15-2009, 05:06 PM
If it's coverage you can blame Bowe, a large part of his job is to get open.

Not if he's being double-teamed.

Frankly, I need to pull a Herm and watch the tape.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Yep, yep.

And he will be until another receiver steps up.

And the offensive line can hold a block for longer than .85 seconds.

The Franchise
09-15-2009, 05:12 PM
We should have drafted fucking Ryan Kalil instead of this Turd McBride.

Jesus Christ.....don't remind me. Stupid fucking Herm.

The Franchise
09-15-2009, 05:13 PM

"I got cut....but that stupid piece of shit is still on this team?!"

OnTheWarpath15
09-15-2009, 05:14 PM

Caption this pic:

I get my ass cut, and this skeleton-fuckin', gimmick-needin', rag-armed motherfucker gets to stay?

OnTheWarpath15
"I got cut....but that stupid piece of shit is still on this team?!"

Damn you. Beat me to it.

ROFL

The Franchise

Caption this pic:

I get my ass cut, and this skeleton-fuckin', gimmick-needed, rag-armed motherfucker gets to stay?

REPOST....but yours sounded better. LMAO

teedubya
09-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Jesus Christ.....don't remind me. Stupid ****ing Herm.

Go back to that draft thread... i was ****ing livid... Kalil was sitting there like a golden egg under a goose... and instead, Herm picks up the piece of Goose shit.

htismaqe
09-15-2009, 05:50 PM
And he will be until another receiver steps up.

And the offensive line can hold a block for longer than .85 seconds.

Not only that but they're rolling a safety to his side too. Until we can prove that he's not our only weapon, they're going to take him out of the game.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Not only that but they're rolling a safety to his side too. Until we can prove that he's not our only weapon, they're going to take him out of the game.

At least this coaching staff isn't completely lost when that happens.

You could see them trying to get Charles and Bradley involved.

htismaqe
09-15-2009, 05:55 PM
At least this coaching staff isn't completely lost when that happens.

You could see them trying to get Charles and Bradley involved.

Yep.

And although Brodie did fairly well in a very bad situation, it's not like he was looking Bowe's way either. He pretty much looked for the RB or TE first on every play because he knew he was gonna get plastered.

booger
09-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Chiefs | Pope tries out for team

Tue, 15 Sep 2009 16:56:03 -0700

Aaron Wilson, of the National Football Post, reports free-agent TE Leonard Pope (Cardinals) recently tried out for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2009, 06:07 PM
I read that as "cries out."

Sign me, please!

htismaqe
09-15-2009, 06:08 PM
I read that as "cries out."

Sign me, please!

ROFL

Aaron Wilson, of the National Football Post, reports free-agent TE Leonard Pope (Cardinals) recently cried out for the Kansas City Chiefs.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Chiefs | Pope tries out for team

Tue, 15 Sep 2009 16:56:03 -0700

Aaron Wilson, of the National Football Post, reports free-agent TE Leonard Pope (Cardinals) recently tried out for the Kansas City Chiefs.

You'd think he'd be better than O'Connell or Cottam.

htismaqe
09-15-2009, 06:10 PM
You'd think he'd be better than O'Connell or Cottam.

Sean Ryan can obviously catch a pass. O'Connell hasn't show much. And Cottam is supposed to be the blocking TE but he's softer than Philadelphia cream cheese.

Pope replacing Cottam would be the obvious move, IMO.

booger
09-15-2009, 06:11 PM
O'Connell has had a lower leg inj he played through some and sit out some since mid camp. I think they would IR him like they did with Brown.

Actually he compares to Cottam as a very tall TE who has trouble getting low enough to block.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Sean Ryan can obviously catch a pass. O'Connell hasn't show much. And Cottam is supposed to be the blocking TE but he's softer than Philadelphia cream cheese.

That's what I thought as well but I also don't think they'd have a hard time slipping O'Connell through waivers and on to the practice squad.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 06:14 PM
O'Connell has had a lower leg inj he played through some and sit out some since mid camp. I think they would IR him like they did with Brown.

Actually he compares to Cottam as a very tall TE who has trouble getting low enough to block.

He has trouble getting low at 6'3?

Good thing we gave up a couple of sevens for him!

booger
09-15-2009, 06:14 PM

I think out of any of the young bucks, Cottam has taken to the tough coaching the worst. O'Connell doesn't seem like a inline TE, more of a motion TE/Hback.

I agree though Pope for Cottam is the choice.

BWillie
09-15-2009, 06:15 PM
:LOL: Why stop there? LJ runs for 200+ and 5 TD's, Dorsey has 6 sacks and Derrick Johnson turns into Bobby Boucher.

Hey not sayin' it will happen - just best case scenario.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2009, 06:15 PM

Cottam is like 6-8

booger
09-15-2009, 06:16 PM

yea really. I think his college teamate at Miami of Ohio and fellow KC rookie TE Tom Crabtree out performed him.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 06:16 PM
I think out of any of the young bucks, Cottam has taken to the tough coaching the worst. O'Connell doesn't seem like a inline TE, more of a motion TE/Hback.

I agree though Pope for Cottam is the choice.

That's pretty much what I expected of O'Connell: H-back type of guy.

I never expected anything from Cottam. He's too tall and he only caught 21 passes in four years at Tennessee.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Cottam is like 6-8

He was talking about O'Connell

booger

comparring Cottam and Pope both 6'7 or bigger TE's

Hammock Parties
He was talking about O'Connell

?

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/r/rikocon1.jpg

booger
09-15-2009, 06:21 PM
I hope we cut Cox and get a real FB sometime soon.

Sure-Oz
09-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Turk was a nice guy, he bought me and my girl a few rounds of shots one time

hope he latches on somewhere

htismaqe
09-15-2009, 06:23 PM

Yeah. Not sure where the comparison came from. Cottam is 6'7" and O'Connell is 6'3".

I think Herm and Carl brought Cottam in cause he ran a nice 40 for a guy his size and they thought they could use him in the passing game. Haley saw him line up a couple of times and KNEW that idea was stupid, so he tried to get him to block, because he was supposed to be good at it coming out of college.

Cottam just isn't very tough. Combined with the fact that he doesn't really have good technique either and he's just not a great blocker.

In many ways, he is the prototypical Carl draft pick. A receiving TE in a blocking TE's body, but not athletically gifted enough to do EITHER.

Reerun_KC
09-15-2009, 06:24 PM
LOL @ Herm..

85% huh?

Fucking Loser!

htismaqe
09-15-2009, 06:25 PM
yea really. I think his college teamate at Miami of Ohio and fellow KC rookie TE Tom Crabtree out performed him.

Ah I see.

You weren't comparing size, you were comparing technique.

milkman
09-15-2009, 06:26 PM
At least it was against one of the best offenses in the league.

I think the Ravens offense is going to surprise you.

milkman
09-15-2009, 06:29 PM

Their receivers don't scare anyone and Ray Rice is small.

And the Chiefs receivers during the Dick years didn't scare anyone either.

The Ravens have one of the better O-Lines, a three headed RB committee, and young ascending QB.

booger
09-15-2009, 06:30 PM
i probably fugged up my wording but i was getting at Pope and Cottam being both very tall TE's that Haley said he was worried about Cottam getting his butt down to block.

Also what i was thinking but forgot to type was Pope had similar problems, atleast thats what i read before AZ released him. They were unhappy with his development or lack there of as a blocker.

Sorry fellas, my brain to fingers coordination is malfunctioning tonight.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2009, 06:32 PM
And the Chiefs receivers during the Dick years didn't scare anyone either.

The Ravens have one of the better O-Lines, a three headed RB committee, and young ascending QB.

I think Baltimore's offense will be better than Pittsburgh's, easy.

RJ
09-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Too bad for Turk. For some reason I sorta liked that guy. GL dude, hope you find another gig.

milkman
09-15-2009, 06:38 PM

I think you're right.

However, when the games on the line, I'll take Roethlisberger every time.

DeezNutz
09-15-2009, 06:40 PM

I like Flacco and his potential.

But I need to see how he performs in year 2 against a defense.

RJ
I think you're right.

Yeah, me too.

Gawd, I hate that guy.

Hammock Parties
I think you're right.

Yup. That will be an interesting matchup this year.

htismaqe
09-15-2009, 06:41 PM
I like Flacco and his potential.

But I need to see how he performs in year 2 against a defense.

ROFL

RJ
09-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Yup. That will be an interesting matchup this year.

The QB's were the difference in the Ravens/Steelers games last season. I think Flacco has narrowed the gap some, but probably not enough.

boogblaster
09-15-2009, 07:27 PM
He will be missed .... trade for some help please ....

Psyko Tek
09-15-2009, 07:35 PM

he was being compared to Vermiel

so yeah they did improve

Ralphy Boy
09-15-2009, 07:44 PM
So he's never had a 100 yard receiving game and his best season receiving was 647 yards & 3 TD's. I don't think Haley is looking at him as the "great hope of our receiving team" but rather a capable return man with decent receiving ability.

As a returner for the Titty-ans in 2006, he had 50 kickoff returns for 1,194 yards.

I have always been confused with the Turk to LB thing, as he really never had the speed for it and originally thought they'd move him to end in the 3-4.

Reerun_KC
09-15-2009, 07:45 PM
he was being compared to Vermiel

so yeah they did improve

:spock:

:LOL:

You can compare Herm to a fucking brick in the wall and that brick has better talent evaluations than Herm...

Reerun_KC
09-15-2009, 07:49 PM

Because people look at the team with Homervision... Rarely do we get fans to look at it objectively and honestly.

Way to many true fans were drinking the Kool aid from Herms penis!

SAUTO
09-15-2009, 07:51 PM
20?

I'd say about 49 guys.

are you forgetting colquitt? maybe succop

Easy 6
09-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Not going to lose any sleep over this one, the guy made minimal impact even in the 4-3.

Besides, theres only room for 1 guy with a tough sounding, four letter word name that starts with a T in KC.

I'd lay in the Powers Boothe 'well, bye' pic here, but its tired & i dont care that much.

htismaqe
09-15-2009, 08:00 PM
I have always been confused with the Turk to LB thing, as he really never had the speed for it and originally thought they'd move him to end in the 3-4.

He doesn't have the strength to play 2-gap, and in our defense it's going to be required at least part of the time.

Saccopoo
09-15-2009, 08:24 PM
Go back to that draft thread... i was ****ing livid... Kalil was sitting there like a golden egg under a goose... and instead, Herm picks up the piece of Goose shit.

You are about to open a bag of stinkin' poo that won't be able to be closed. Case in point: Junior Siavii versus every other player remaining in the draft at that point.

Carl drafted like shit. One terrific player every ten years and dog doody for the rest.

htismaqe
09-15-2009, 08:32 PM
You are about to open a bag of stinkin' poo that won't be able to be closed. Case in point: Junior Siavii versus every other player remaining in the draft at that point.

Carl drafted like shit. One terrific player every ten years and dog doody for the rest.

Wait, every ten years?

1989 - Derrick Thomas
1997 - Tony Gonzales
2006?
2007?
2008?

Ralphy Boy
09-15-2009, 08:34 PM
He doesn't have the strength to play 2-gap, and in our defense it's going to be required at least part of the time.

I can see that he maybe doesn't have the "functional strength", but I did go back to look at some draft info to see how some of his weightroom strength compared to that of Jackson & Dorsey. Much to my surprise, he had 27 reps of 225 at the combine and 30 on his pro day. Dorsey did 27 at his pro day while Jackson only had 20. Not that it translates into playing strength, but I would think he stood a better chance at making the team if he had been asked to bulk up and play end.

Considering the guy played DE & DT (mostly DT) in college, never played LB until this summer and is no longer with the team, it is clear to me that making a LB out of him was not the solution. Obviously the coaches know a lot more than me, but a guy we apparently wasted a 2nd rounder on is no longer with the team and it sucks.

His numbers (40 yard, 3 cone, 20 yard shuttle etc) were far and away better than Dorsey. Again, while that doesnt translate to play on the field, I don't buy the idea that the new regime could care less about where a player was drafted.

I won't be surprised if he does well on another team as a DE, but the guy had 1 sack in his 15 game career, so I'm not going to cry over it.

DJ's left nut
09-15-2009, 08:43 PM

According to Carl, 'Tweener' simply means 'hybrid'.

Remember Kris Wilson?

It's amazing to me how many guys Carl Peterson drafted that you could look at the minute the pick was made and say "this man has no position in the NFL".

Carl must like those guitar playing comedians, folks that are neither funny nor musically gifted. Stephen Lynch = Turk McBride.

Saccopoo
09-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Wait, every ten years?

1989 - Derrick Thomas
1997 - Tony Gonzales
2006?
2007?
2008?

Jared Allen. Then the dumbass pissed him off, and let him go with franchising him or anything. And the guy wanted to play here. God, Carl was such a dildo.

Mecca
09-15-2009, 08:45 PM
You don't think Stephen Lynch is funny, you suck.

DJ's left nut
09-15-2009, 09:06 PM
You don't think Stephen Lynch is funny, you suck.

Are you also a fan of Carlos Mencia and/or Dane Cook?

If so, I truly hate you.

Marcellus
09-15-2009, 09:11 PM
I can see that he maybe doesn't have the "functional strength", but I did go back to look at some draft info to see how some of his weightroom strength compared to that of Jackson & Dorsey. Much to my surprise, he had 27 reps of 225 at the combine and 30 on his pro day. Dorsey did 27 at his pro day while Jackson only had 20. Not that it translates into playing strength, but I would think he stood a better chance at making the team if he had been asked to bulk up and play end.

Considering the guy played DE & DT (mostly DT) in college, never played LB until this summer and is no longer with the team, it is clear to me that making a LB out of him was not the solution. Obviously the coaches know a lot more than me, but a guy we apparently wasted a 2nd rounder on is no longer with the team and it sucks.

His numbers (40 yard, 3 cone, 20 yard shuttle etc) were far and away better than Dorsey. Again, while that doesnt translate to play on the field, I don't buy the idea that the new regime could care less about where a player was drafted.

I won't be surprised if he does well on another team as a DE, but the guy had 1 sack in his 15 game career, so I'm not going to cry over it.

JC. Jackson only did 20 reps? Seriously? I can do 15 and I'm 5'11 and I weigh 195 lbs and I am 38.

Seriously?

salame
09-15-2009, 09:46 PM
have fun as a lion

Simply Red
09-15-2009, 10:12 PM
so what position did he play?

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 10:13 PM
so what position did he play?

Fluffer

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Fluffer

LMAO

Simply Red
09-15-2009, 10:18 PM
Fluffer

LMAO seriously?

kcxiv
09-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Jared Allen. Then the dumbass pissed him off, and let him go with franchising him or anything. And the guy wanted to play here. God, Carl was such a dildo.

That still makes me sad. I was so pissed, but when we drafted Albert i was like well maybe our offensive line will be decent. Ya right, Dude looks like he's regressing. I bet Jared is sitting there saying, i am so fucking glad they traded me out of that mess.

CosmicPal
09-15-2009, 10:33 PM

You have to remember that Jared Allen was coming off his second DUI at the time. The next one would have cost him a season. That wasn't the risk the Chiefs wanted to take at the time.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 10:34 PM
That still makes me sad. I was so pissed, but when we drafted Albert i was like well maybe our offensive line will be decent. Ya right, Dude looks like he's regressing. I bet Jared is sitting there saying, i am so fucking glad they traded me out of that mess.

It doesn't matter.

Jared Allen would have been traded this year because he's really not suited for the 3-4. I'm sure he would have done "okay" but he's really suited for the 4-3.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 10:35 PM
You have to remember that Jared Allen was coming off his second DUI at the time. The next one would have cost him a season. That wasn't the risk the Chiefs wanted to take at the time.

Yeah, and he already had two before that.

Sorry people, it was the right move.

Mecca
09-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Allen in the 3-4 would be like Aaron Kampman in the 3-4 I think he'll be successful but he won't be as good as he was in the 4-3.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Allen in the 3-4 would be like Aaron Kampman in the 3-4 I think he'll be successful but he won't be as good as he was in the 4-3.

Ehzactly

Easy 6
09-15-2009, 11:04 PM

I'm not so sure, what would he have been like as a 3-4 OLB? its entirely possible he'd be Ebola sick, he's been a model citizen so far in Minn, 14.5 sacks in 08 & not one flag thus far in 09.

I didnt like some of the classless ways he handled his departure, but he was departing from one of the worst NFL GM's ever...who was really wrong?

Its too late for shoulda woulda coulda's, but i'd love to have JA back.

Easy 6
09-15-2009, 11:14 PM

Kampmans range of moves, quickness & pure athleticism dont even come close.

BS.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 11:14 PM
I'm not so sure, what would he have been like as a 3-4 OLB? its entirely possible he'd be Ebola sick, he's been a model citizen so far in Minn, 14.5 sacks in 08 & not one flag thus far in 09.

I didnt like some of the classless ways he handled his departure, but he was departing from one of the worst NFL GM's ever...who was really wrong?

Its too late for shoulda woulda coulda's, but i'd love to have JA back.

Dude, he wouldn't have been "sick". He's a 4-3 down lineman and playing in a 2-point stance wouldn't have been an advantage for him. Not at all.

Like Mecca said, he'd be like Aaron Kampman.

Why do you think that Allen wanted to go to another 4-3 team?

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 11:16 PM
Kampmans range of moves, quickness & pure athleticism dont even come close.

BS.

What makes you think that a guy like Jared Allen, who's played as a down-lineman for this entire decade, would suddenly be better in a two-point stance?

That just doesn't make any sense.

AND on top of that, he'd have to routinely drop into pass coverage.

WTF?

Easy 6
09-15-2009, 11:19 PM

Its very possible that i missed that news, but i'm thinking Jared went where the money was.

Had he known that a real NFL program was coming to KC, maybe he'd have felt differently about it.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 11:21 PM
Its very possible that i missed that news, but i'm thinking Jared went where the money was.

Had he known that a real NFL program was coming to KC, maybe he'd have felt differently about it.

It wouldn't have mattered.

He's not a 2-point stance, drop into coverage, 3-4 outside linebacker.

Period.

Titty Meat
09-15-2009, 11:21 PM

What?

philfree
09-15-2009, 11:22 PM
What makes you think that a guy like Jared Allen, who's played as a down-lineman for this entire decade, would suddenly be better in a two-point stance?

That just doesn't make any sense.

AND on top of that, he'd have to routinely drop into pass coverage.

WTF?

I agree. IMO if he expsoses his belly he's toast. If you can get past his length he's not as hard to block. If he's standing up his length is gone.

PhilFree:arrow:

Ralphy Boy
09-15-2009, 11:23 PM
JC. Jackson only did 20 reps? Seriously? I can do 15 and I'm 5'11 and I weigh 195 lbs and I am 38.

Seriously?

According to this site, yes. And a few other sources
Jackson http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=33165&draftyear=2009&genpos=DE
Dorsey http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=33156&draftyear=2008&genpos=DT
McBride http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=17469&draftyear=2007&genpos=DT

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 11:25 PM

Seriously?

If you can run a 4.5, you're hired

Easy 6
09-15-2009, 11:26 PM
It wouldn't have mattered.

He's not a 2-point stance, drop into coverage, 3-4 outside linebacker.

Period.

He has all of the athleticism of a younger Mike Vrabel & then some, snaring tip-toe 2 point conversion passes for petes sake...he would be one hell of an OLB IMO.

We'll never know for sure.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 11:28 PM
He has all the athleticism of a younger Mike Vrabel & then some, snaring tip-toe 2 point conversion passes for petes sake...he would be one hell of an OLB IMO.

We'll never know for sure.

We know.

Mike Vrabel has NEVER put up several 15 plus sacks seasons.

Mike Vrabel was in the league for 5 years before he made an impact.

Mike Vrabel's best year was 10 sacks.

Mike Vrabel is paid $3.5 million per year and was dumped by a perennial Super Bowl coach.

Jared Allen, the DEFENSIVE END, is the highest paid defensive END in the league.

And rightfully so.

No offense but you don't know what you're talking about.

Have a good night.

RippedmyFlesh
09-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Dude, he wouldn't have been "sick". He's a 4-3 down lineman and playing in a 2-point stance wouldn't have been an advantage for him. Not at all.

Like Mecca said, he'd be like Aaron Kampman.

And of all the 4-3 teams minn may have been the best place for him to go.He can look toward the center of the line and see 600lbs plus of williams taking up blockers and collapsing the pocket.A great spot for a pass rushing end to be.

Titty Meat
09-15-2009, 11:31 PM
Dane theres almost no reason to debate these people when it comes to the few good draft picks Carl Peterson made. Theres alot of people who still think trading Tony Gonzalez for a 2nd round pick was a bad trade. It's too bad Pioli wasn't hired a year earlier with all those picks this team woulda been a contender for the playoffs this year.

Mecca
09-15-2009, 11:31 PM
I wouldn't be thrilled being compared to Vrabel who was basically a scrub until he was nearly 30 years old...a friend of mine basically said he's a great example of a career due to modern chemistry..because well if you want HGH side affects just look at his chin.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 11:32 PM
And of all the 4-3 teams minn may have been the best place for him to go.He can look toward the center of the line and see 600lbs plus of williams taking up blockers and collapsing the pocket.A great spot for a pass rushing end to be.

Maybe.

He wouldn't have sucked with the Giants, either.

Or the Jets with Rex Ryan.

Easy 6
09-15-2009, 11:36 PM
We know.

Mike Vrabel has NEVER put up several 15 plus sacks seasons.

Mike Vrabel was in the league for 5 years before he made an impact.

Mike Vrabel's best year was 10 sacks.

Mike Vrabel is paid $3.5 million per year and was dumped by a perennial Super Bowl coach.

Jared Allen, the DEFENSIVE END, is the highest paid defensive END in the league.

And rightfully so.

No offense but you don't know what you're talking about.

Have a good night.

If 'WE' know know just how dynamic & athletic he is...why is it such a stretch to see him operating in space?

Its a pointless argument, i can only speculate, the same as everyone here with all of the answers speculates.

RippedmyFlesh
09-15-2009, 11:37 PM
Maybe.

On the giants good lord....would be like bill gates hitting the lottery...the ultimate rich getting richer.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 11:38 PM
If 'WE' know know just how dynamic & athletic he is...why is it such a stretch to see him operating in space?

Its a pointless argument, i can only speculate, the same as everyone here with all of the answers speculates.

Alright, goddamit. Give me a fucking break.

Jared Allen has been a 4-3 defensive end his entire professional and college career. He's been extremely successful in the NFL with not just one but two NFL teams.

Why in the fucking world would you try to change that? That's just fucking uninformed, fan-boy bullshit.

Jared Allen covering tight ends? WTF? Yeah, let's take him away from what he does best.

JFC.

Maybe Dwayne Bowe should be a defensive back or safety.

What do you think?

Easy 6
09-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Alright, goddamit. Give me a ****ing break.

Jared Allen has been a 4-3 defensive end his entire professional and college career. He's been extremely successful in the NFL with not just one but two NFL teams.

Why in the ****ing world would you try to change that? That's just ****ing uninformed, fan-boy bullshit.

Maybe Dwayne Bowe should be a defensive back or safety.

What do you think?

I'm not trying to change that, why is it such an offense to wonder what could have been?

I say he could have made the transition, you & some others here dont...but to be told by people here, flat-out, that 'no he couldnt. period.' doesnt make any sense to me.

Goodnight.

RippedmyFlesh
09-15-2009, 11:49 PM
Freeney when he was younger would be the kind of de that could make that switch. Thats where I thought he might play coming out of school. Prob a bit short though he's only 6'1. He's 268 now but was closer to 250 when he came out.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2009, 11:52 PM
Maybe.

Allen with them this year would be fucking sick. That team that the Vikes have been promising/projected to be for the last two years? The one that just needed a good QB to make the legitimate run?

That's New York right now. I honestly think they are going fuck the Patriots world up this week. They are going to physically and defensively bloody them. Beat them down. They'll have their problems with Brady( who doesn't? ), but they will be WAY more up his ass than Buffalo, and I guarantee you will NOT see any boneheaded bullshit game-killers like McKelvin pulled under Rex Ryan.
That team is a true sleeper in the NFL right now. And they're hungry. And they're starting to believe in themselves and that they can do this because of their coach and their QB.
If they beat New England this week, I can guarantee you will see them in the post season.

Edit:

This just in.

(has some quotes from Randy Moss) talking about facing the Jets. Moss was respectful, and seems to relish the game this weekend against Rex and the rest of the Jets.

Asked Monday night about facing off against the Jets, New England wide receiver Randy Moss said, “I can remember Coach Ryan talking about he ain’t coming to kiss no rings so I think it’s gonna be a big game. . . . I think we have our work cut out for us. The Jets defense has really picked up, they got that rookie quarterback in [Mark Sanchez] so it’s gonna be a barnburner.”

Moss said he has no issue with Ryan’s comments.

“I’ve always been a fan of the Ryan brothers,” he said. “I was in Oakland with Rob [now the defensive coordinator in Cleveland] and I played a couple times [against] Rex in Baltimore and I met old Buddy so I think that [Rex] really meant what he said and I think that he has a really good team backing him.”

DaWolf
09-15-2009, 11:52 PM
It doesn't matter.

Jared Allen would have been traded this year because he's really not suited for the 3-4. I'm sure he would have done "okay" but he's really suited for the 4-3.

If Jared Allen were still here I doubt we'd be switching to the 3-4.

I think one of the main reasons we're switching to a 3-4 was that the guys got in here and decided that this defensive roster in essence had little to no talent to run an effective 3-4 OR 4-3 scheme, and therefore they might as well clean house and essentially start over.

Hali had been a disaster in the 4-3 without Allen. Dorsey wasn't doing anything. DJ wasn't doing anything special.

But if Jared Allen were still here, I think they'd be more inclined to try and put in some pieces around him and keep the 4-3 scheme.

But really, Carl and Herm and Gunther did such a spectacular job of ****ing up this defensive front seven that there was really no clear elite building block there. You might as well dump the trash and start over...

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-16-2009, 12:02 AM
Dorsey was a goddamned rookie DT in the 4-3. He had the same kind of rookie year that basically every other rookie DT had. He had numbers almost identical to the player he was most compared to in the pre-draft process, Warren Sapp. We would have switched to the 3-4 regardless of whatever talent we had, because the FO was by-god-fucking-damned and determined to switch to it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2009, 12:12 AM
Dorsey was a goddamned rookie DT in the 4-3. He had the same kind of rookie year that basically every other rookie DT had. He had numbers almost identical to the player he was most compared to in the pre-draft process, Warren Sapp. We would have switched to the 3-4 regardless of whatever talent we had, because the FO was by-god-fucking-damned and determined to switch to it.

Did Belichick install the 3-4 in NE right off the bat?

dj56dt58
09-16-2009, 12:39 AM

the sad thing is...they did improve

Ralphy Boy
09-16-2009, 12:43 AM
It's too bad Pioli wasn't hired a year earlier with all those picks this team woulda been a contender for the playoffs this year.

Great way to try and end one thread that morphed into an alternate reality world. Now there is going to be 3 or 4 more threads about who we would have drafted? Would we even have traded Allen? Haley was nobody then, who would our coach be?

Phobia
09-16-2009, 12:44 AM
This.

You know what Dane, Im not sure why people give you so much shit.

People are insecure. Dane threatens some of them. They can't handle the braggadocious.

Mecca
09-16-2009, 12:45 AM
We were always going to end up as a 3-4 team, that's what the NE guys do.

DaneMcCloud
09-16-2009, 12:50 AM

Exactly.

Jared Allen would have been traded, regardless.

Miles
09-16-2009, 01:06 AM
Kinda sucks that Turk is gone in the sense that he did show a few signs of being solid last season and is a likeable guy/story. Still the attempted shift to LB showed he had no place in this defense before camp even started.

cookster50
09-16-2009, 06:42 AM
Nick Wright just cut himself.

I don't know how anyone can stand to listen to that voice for longer than the 2 seconds it takes to recognize and then switch the station.

Chiefnj2
09-16-2009, 07:07 AM
Theres alot of people who still think trading Tony Gonzalez for a 2nd round pick was a bad trade.

Don't you think you should wait and see what they do with that pick before coming to a conclusion that it was good or bad?

Chiefnj2
09-16-2009, 07:08 AM

The Falcons are in a 43.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-16-2009, 07:11 AM
Did Belichick install the 3-4 in NE right off the bat?

No.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-16-2009, 07:13 AM
The Falcons are in a 43.

Dimitroff, as many of have said, is the one guy who didn't do it the way of a geometric proof. Ironically, he's also the only one to leave and have immediate success. Are the two correlated? Maybe, maybe not.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of a little mind"

Chiefnj2
09-16-2009, 07:40 AM
Thanks Herm,

"Sitting in front of his stall in the Reliant Stadium visitors' locker room, Leon Washington kept shaking his head, trying to find the words.

The Jets had just run for 190 yards in their season-opening 24-7 win over the Texans. As the conversation turned to fullback Tony Richardson, Washington had to take a few moments to find the way to appropriately describe just how vital Richardson was to the ground game.

"Man, look here," Washington said. "You find a better fullback over the last . . . I mean this guy has been playing for 16 years. He's blocked for a lot of great ones. I've got nothing but love and respect for that guy. That guy comes out every day, and every game he does his job and it seems like he's got another eight years in him."

That's probably the last thing any opponent wants to hear. The 6-1, 238-pound Richardson is still going strong at age 37, showing no sign of slowing down. He was hampered a bit in the preseason after suffering a hip pointer on the first day of tackling drills in training camp up in Cortland. But he's bounced back nicely, serving as the lead blocker and bowling ball that knocks the pins down to pave the way for the Jets' stable of running backs.

Richardson, who's in his second year with the Jets, had two crushing blocks that sprung Thomas Jones on his way to a 106-yard, two-touchdown performance in the second half. On Jones' 38-yard touchdown run, he clocked Nick Ferguson as the safety was coming in from the right side, leveling him so hard that Ferguson crumpled to the turf.

He also sealed the right side of the line beautifully on Jones' 39-yard burst midway through the fourth quarter, locking up cornerback Brice McCain to give Jones a gaping hole to run through.

"There were some plays earlier in the first half that I was like, dang, I wish I would have gotten a better hit on this guy or whatever," Richardson said. "But that's just how the running game is. It's violent and really it's not always going to be perfect."

Reerun_KC
09-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Herm is the gift that keeps on giving...

htismaqe
09-16-2009, 10:00 AM

Strength at the point of attack is usually much more about lower body strength and leverage, therefore bench press reps aren't totally meaningful.

htismaqe
09-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Are you also a fan of Carlos Mencia and/or Dane Cook?

If so, I truly hate you.

Neither.

But Stephen Lynch is fuh-knee.

htismaqe
09-16-2009, 10:02 AM

This.

And that.

htismaqe
09-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Dimitroff, as many of have said, is the one guy who didn't do it the way of a geometric proof. Ironically, he's also the only one to leave and have immediate success. Are the two correlated? Maybe, maybe not.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of a little mind"

True. He's a pretty singular anomaly in an otherwise fairly consistent model of the guys that have left New England.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out, because so far, he's not just the only one to have immediate success, he's the only one to have ANY success.

The Franchise
09-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Is there a possibility that if Allen was still here when the new regime took over.....that we would have stayed with the 4-3?

L.A. Chieffan
09-16-2009, 10:14 AM
why would anybody miss this guy? he did nothing for us...NOTHING

DaneMcCloud
09-16-2009, 10:17 AM
Is there a possibility that if Allen was still here when the new regime took over.....that we would have stayed with the 4-3?

I think that Jared Allen, much like Tony Gonzalez, wouldn't be into the whole "changing of the culture thing". I think he would have been traded because these guys (Pioli, Haley and the defensive staff) are all 3-4 guys.

Plus, putting Allen in the 3-4 just wouldn't and couldn't maximize his talents. It would be a waste and I think that he'd turn into a malcontent, which would not sit well with this regime.

DaneMcCloud
09-16-2009, 10:19 AM
why would anybody miss this guy? he did nothing for us...NOTHING

Cool white guys that listen to country music, drink beer, hunt and play in the NFL are in short supply.

L.A. Chieffan
09-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Cool white guys that listen to country music, drink beer, hunt and play in the NFL are in short supply.

i was talking about turk. i see now the convo switched over to jared. yeah, im pissed we let him go but it was inevitable is my take on that one

htismaqe
09-16-2009, 10:22 AM
I think that Jared Allen, much like Tony Gonzalez, wouldn't be into the whole "changing of the culture thing". I think he would have been traded because these guys (Pioli, Haley and the defensive staff) are all 3-4 guys.

Plus, putting Allen in the 3-4 just wouldn't and couldn't maximize his talents. It would be a waste and I think that he'd turn into a malcontent, which would not sit well with this regime.

I agree.

I think they would have gone 3-4 regardless and Jared might not have had a good place to fit.

But your first sentence is the most important IMO. It's quite possible that Jared wouldn't have meshed with Haley and Pioli - much like Waters and Gonzo, he had accomplished quite a bit personally, and he probably wouldn't have appreciated the style.

DaneMcCloud
09-16-2009, 10:23 AM
i was talking about turk. i see now the convo switched over to jared. yeah, im pissed we let him go but it was inevitable is my take on that one

Guys named Turk are in short supply in the NFL

L.A. Chieffan
09-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Guys named Turk are in short supply in the NFL

ha...word....hey u and tiny gonna meet up for any games this season?

Mr. Laz
09-16-2009, 10:26 AM
The Ravens may end up being one of the best offenses in the league, as well. It's hard to say.
They were like 11th last year. People act like it's the Raven's offense of old and it's not.

KCDC
09-16-2009, 10:35 AM
From The Detroit News:

Defensive lineman Turk McBride didn't seem to fit anymore with the Kansas City Chiefs, who switched from a 4-3 defense to a 3-4 defense this offseason. The three-year pro was waived by the Chiefs on Tuesday, according to NBCsports.com.

Lions defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham had the same job with the Chiefs when McBride, 24, was drafted in the second round in 2007 and played in all 16 games his rookie season, making McBride (6-foot-2, 278 pounds) a likely waiver pickup for the Lions.

DaneMcCloud
09-16-2009, 11:34 AM
ha...word....hey u and tiny gonna meet up for any games this season?

Yeah, I think so.

There's a new sports bar opening in Hollywood on Friday. 7,000 square foot with forty-five 65" flat screens. Like 60 beers on tap or something called Capitol City.

I know I'll probably hit that place in October so I'll shoot you a PM to see if you're up for it.

Titty Meat
09-16-2009, 01:23 PM
From The Detroit News:

Defensive lineman Turk McBride didn't seem to fit anymore with the Kansas City Chiefs, who switched from a 4-3 defense to a 3-4 defense this offseason. The three-year pro was waived by the Chiefs on Tuesday, according to NBCsports.com.

Lions defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham had the same job with the Chiefs when McBride, 24, was drafted in the second round in 2007 and played in all 16 games his rookie season, making McBride (6-foot-2, 278 pounds) a likely waiver pickup for the Lions.

The Lions really could go 0-16 again this year.

the Talking Can
09-16-2009, 01:56 PM
mcbride picked up by lions per 610

shocker

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2009, 02:08 PM
The Lions really could go 0-16 again this year.

NFL.com rankings just came out. We'll be picking at number three again this year if they are to be believed.

Sure-Oz
09-16-2009, 04:59 PM
From The Detroit News:

Jason laconfronta (sp?) says the lions have claimed him officially

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2009, 05:05 PM

http://images.southparkstudios.com/img/content/season10/1002.jpg

Good for YOU, Turk!

milkman
09-16-2009, 05:10 PM

La Canfora

ChiefaRoo
09-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Yeah, I think so.

There's a new sports bar opening in Hollywood on Friday. 7,000 square foot with forty-five 65" flat screens. Like 60 beers on tap or something called Capitol City.

I know I'll probably hit that place in October so I'll shoot you a PM to see if you're up for it.

Can I come? I'll buy you a $12 beer and we can look fabulous together chillin' and sh*t. :)

chagrin
09-16-2009, 07:14 PM
that's what happens when you draft a fucking back up with your second pick in the nfl draft - fuck herm, fucking stupid fuck

Sure-Oz
09-16-2009, 07:22 PM
La Canfora

thanks lol

DaneMcCloud
09-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Can I come? I'll buy you a $12 beer and we can look fabulous together chillin' and sh*t. :)

Will you be in town?

I doubt I'll look too fabulous at 10am but you're welcome to put on your best duds.

LMAO