PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So any predictions on when O'CALLAGHAN replaces Ndukwe, if at all?

T-post Tom
09-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Haley never really addressed his thoughts on the right side of the o-line since the game on Sunday. Anyone hear anything on this?

bevischief
09-15-2009, 05:01 PM
This week. Unless we sign Ruynan...

Halfcan
09-15-2009, 05:19 PM
worst O line ever!!

T-post Tom
09-15-2009, 05:24 PM
worst O line ever!!

Without the post-back issues Kyle Turley or Trezell Jenkins, I doubt that.

BWillie
09-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Not only can this line not pass block - they don't appear to be able to run block either. I don't remember our run blocking scheme being this bad before. But that is based off of only one game.

htismaqe
09-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Not only can this line not pass block - they don't appear to be able to run block either. I don't remember our run blocking scheme being this bad before. But that is based off of only one game.

Probably the biggest reason to the Big Irish in there. At least he can run block.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Probably the biggest reason to the Big Irish in there. At least he can run block.

Personally, I think the line should be Albert/Waters/Alleman/Ndukwe/O'Callaghan.

Alleman is a better center than Niswanger, Ndukwe is way better than that turnstile Goff and while O'Callaghan's unproven, I think the Chiefs are better off strengthening the center and guard positions and giving O'C a shot, as opposed to the weak center/guard play we have now.

I hope see this combo soon. For Cassel's sake.

tmax63
09-15-2009, 06:02 PM
People keep forgetting that the Ravens D can make alot of OL's look pretty bad. When you're on your 2nd OC in 3 weeks and the cuts and newbies on this line, I look forward to this weekend to see how they do against the Raiders.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Ndukwe actually did an OK job, especially against Suggs.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 06:03 PM
People keep forgetting that the Ravens D can make alot of OL's look pretty bad. When you're on your 2nd OC in 3 weeks and the cuts and newbies on this line, I look forward to this weekend to see how they do against the Raiders.

Then how would you like to explain 2007 and 2008?

The Chiefs didn't play the Ravens each week, did they?

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 06:04 PM

He did but he's better at guard. And he's most certainly a better guard than Goff.

htismaqe
09-15-2009, 06:04 PM

Yeah, but he's more valuable at OG. Like Dane said, Ndukwe + Big Irish >>> Goff + Ndukwe.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2009, 06:05 PM
I agree. I'd love to know why they insist on running Niswanger and Goff out there.

The second play of the game (LJ dumped) was all Niswanger's fault. He let Ray Lewis right through the line.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Yeah, but he's more valuable at OG. Like Dane said, Ndukwe + Big Irish >>> Goff + Ndukwe.

You know what bums me out?

Haley has stated on several occasions that there are no "sacred cows".

Yet Niswanger is still starting at center.

Talk about a headscratcher.

htismaqe
09-15-2009, 06:06 PM
You know what bums me out?

Haley has stated on several occasions that there are no "sacred cows".

Yet Niswanger is starting at center.

Talk about a headscratcher.

I know. I wonder if maybe the guys behind him are just really THAT bad.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 06:08 PM
I know. I wonder if maybe the guys behind him are just really THAT bad.

Wade Smith? Well honestly, I think they're just about the same guy.

Alleman's definitely a better center. Yet they've got him listed a guard.

To me, that's bizarre. Maybe it has something do to with the trade. Maybe there's a clause in there or something pertaining to compensation based on position.

It's just odd.

htismaqe
09-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Wade Smith? Well honestly, I think they're just about the same guy.

Alleman's definitely a better center. Yet they've got him listed a guard.

To me, that's bizarre. Maybe it has something do to with the trade. Maybe there's a clause in there or something pertaining to compensation based on position.

It's just odd.

Maybe compensation based on playing time, or being designated a starter? Might be something.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2009, 06:10 PM
Maybe compensation based on playing time, or being designated a starter? Might be something.

To me, that's the only thing that makes sense.

Yet, it doesn't.

You'd think these guys would want to protect their $63 million dollar investment at all costs.

tmax63
09-15-2009, 06:26 PM
The Chiefs line has sucked for several years now. But they had 2 new players starting their 1st game for their Chiefs last Sunday. I'm not saying give them the whole season to gel, I'm just saying that the Baltimore D is a tough 1st assignment and they deserve more than 1 game to show what they got.

htismaqe
09-15-2009, 06:34 PM

Yet, it doesn't.

You'd think these guys would want to protect their $63 million dollar investment at all costs.

They're not stupid. There's something there, we just don't know what it is. Maybe Alleman only has 4 toes?

htismaqe
09-15-2009, 06:35 PM
they deserve more than 1 game to show what they got.

I don't think the head coach would agree with that. And I think we're going to see changes off and on all year because of it.

milkman
09-15-2009, 06:41 PM

Yet, it doesn't.

I think it has to do with the fact that Allenman has a history of back issues, and playing center would compound that problem far more than playing guard.

tonyetony
09-15-2009, 07:22 PM
The Chiefs line has sucked for several years now. But they had 2 new players starting their 1st game for their Chiefs last Sunday. I'm not saying give them the whole season to gel, I'm just saying that the Baltimore D is a tough 1st assignment and they deserve more than 1 game to show what they got.

Ok, let's give them another quarter and then try something else.

boogblaster
09-15-2009, 07:34 PM
I thought Ndukwe did a decent job pass blocking .. most of the pressure last week came from the left side and down the middle ... now the run blocking it dont exist ...