PDA

View Full Version : Football Jed York offers a sit-down to Crabtree, Parker

T-post Tom
09-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Jed York offers a sit-down to Crabtree, Parker
Posted by Mike Florio on September 15, 2009 10:10 PM ET
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

As the contract impasse continues between the 49ers and receiver Michael Crabtree, the tenth overall pick in the draft, team owner Jed York has offered to have a face-to-face meeting with Crabtree and his agent, Eugene Parker, according to Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat.

York has not yet received a response.

If such a meeting occurs, York might want to take along a copy of a recent mock draft from SportingNews.com, which assumes that Crabtree will re-enter the process -- and that he'll be the 19th overall pick, and the fourth receiver selected, behind Arrelious Benn, Dez Bryant, and Brandon LaFell.

"You can just call me Jed." ... I imagine the sit-down might go something like this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6nKlzQo3Wqo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6nKlzQo3Wqo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MMXcalibur
09-15-2009, 11:02 PM
But...*sniff*...but...I was supppppp-p-p-p-p-p-p-osed to be picked *sniff* *snort*...higher....WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

L.A. Chieffan
09-15-2009, 11:09 PM
Hes pissed because he cant handle the thought of Haywood Bay being drafted ahead of him and making more money. once again the raiders fuck everything up.

big nasty kcnut
09-15-2009, 11:45 PM
I think he deserve the money. As soon as mike singletary give him the biggest ass kicking of all time.
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Kyle DeLexus
09-16-2009, 12:10 AM
I think he deserve the money. As soon as mike singletary give him the biggest ass kicking of all time.
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Wait a minute! Where's Donnie Edwards?

Psyko Tek
09-16-2009, 12:39 AM
I think singletary could still take it out of him

fuck I will donate money towards his salary if samari mike kicks his ass first

Mr. Flopnuts
09-16-2009, 07:32 AM
Michael Crabtree deserves exactly what he gets.

penguinz
09-16-2009, 07:36 AM
Michael Crabtree deserves exactly what he gets.A contract that makes him a multi-millionaire?

Bane
09-16-2009, 07:44 AM
This guy is unbelievable.The Faiders will prob take him at like 4 or 5 next year if he re enters and make up for his loss this year...LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

Sofa King
09-16-2009, 07:45 AM
"If such a meeting occurs, York might want to take along a copy of a recent mock draft from SportingNews.com, which assumes that Crabtree will re-enter the process -- and that he'll be the 19th overall pick, and the fourth receiver selected, behind Arrelious Benn, Dez Bryant, and Brandon LaFell."

who would want crabtree after he had already not signed and reentered? wouldnt he be as much of a pain in the ass next year as he already has been this year?

beach tribe
09-16-2009, 07:54 AM
This guy is unbelievable.The Faiders will prob take him at like 4 or 5 next year if he re enters and make up for his loss this year...LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

Not unless he runs a sub 4.4

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2009, 09:28 AM
Jed York offers a sit-down to Crabtree, Parker
Posted by Mike Florio on September 15, 2009 10:10 PM ET
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

As the contract impasse continues between the 49ers and receiver Michael Crabtree, the tenth overall pick in the draft, team owner Jed York has offered to have a face-to-face meeting with Crabtree and his agent, Eugene Parker, according to Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat.

York has not yet received a response.

If such a meeting occurs, York might want to take along a copy of a recent mock draft from SportingNews.com, which assumes that Crabtree will re-enter the process -- and that he'll be the 19th overall pick, and the fourth receiver selected, behind Arrelious Benn, Dez Bryant, and Brandon LaFell.

"You can just call me Jed." ... I imagine the sit-down might go something like this:

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6nKlzQo3Wqo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

That WAS one of the funniest scenes in that series. Awesome.

CaliforniaChief
09-16-2009, 09:34 AM
What a disaster. This whole process alone should make the 49'ers seriously consider dropping their offer altogether and just moving on. If this is the kind of judgment the guy has when it comes to his own bread and butter, what's he going to be like once signed? You've gotta think things have been said and feelings hurt now to the point where it's going to be tough for him to swallow his pride, accept he was insanely greedy, tuck his tail between his legs, and show up to practice.

58kcfan89
09-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Anyone else see him not signing, then getting drafted in the late 1st/early 2nd next year and wanting 10th overall money?

Crabstree is an idiot. Helluva receiver, but an idiot nonetheless.

Bane
09-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Anyone else see him not signing, then getting drafted in the late 1st/early 2nd next year and wanting 10th overall money?

Crabstree is an idiot. Helluva receiver, but an idiot nonetheless.

This is just crazy!!!!I don't see how his draft status doesn't fall even further than the middle of the 1st round with some of the guys that will be coming out next year.Not to mention the guys that have a great year and unexpectedly come out early. I bet this comes back to bite him in the ass big time!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
09-16-2009, 11:10 AM
I really hope he crashes and burns.

Dunno why.

The Franchise
09-16-2009, 11:15 AM
This is just crazy!!!!I don't see how his draft status doesn't fall even further than the middle of the 1st round with some of the guys that will be comijg out next year.Not to mention the guys that have a great year and unexpectedly come out early. I bet this comes back to bite him in the ass big time!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

It's going to fall because teams know that even if they draft him next year....he's still going to want Top 10 money.

kepp
09-16-2009, 11:30 AM
I think his cousin has advised him against this meeting.

Buehler445
09-16-2009, 11:41 AM
I really hope he crashes and burns.

Dunno why.

Could it be because he is a douche bucket?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
09-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Could it be because he is a douche bucket?
Posted via Mobile Device
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_51a1h8EmGb8/SpRJTxXkcQI/AAAAAAAABa4/k7ziHWDJ79E/s320/magic+8+ball.jpg

Bane
09-16-2009, 12:10 PM
I think his cousin has advised him against this meeting.

I'd advise him to get better advice.

So a question.Would San Fran get any compinsary pick or anything if he doesn't sign with them or is it just a loss in total to them?
Posted via Mobile Device

jidar
09-16-2009, 12:13 PM
http://uranus.ckt.net/~bmcclen/kanyecrabtree.jpg

Valiant
09-16-2009, 12:38 PM
This is just crazy!!!!I don't see how his draft status doesn't fall even further than the middle of the 1st round with some of the guys that will be coming out next year.Not to mention the guys that have a great year and unexpectedly come out early. I bet this comes back to bite him in the ass big time!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, I would be worried as a team about how is going to play for whatever lower contract he signs next year.. His agent will be, play like you only got paid 3million dollars instead of la top 5pick, that will make them want to pay you more..

Being off a year is going to hurt him loads..

Valiant
09-16-2009, 12:38 PM
I'd advise him to get better advice.

So a question.Would San Fran get any compinsary pick or anything if he doesn't sign with them or is it just a loss in total to them?
Posted via Mobile Device

No, unless they decide to make a new rule for it..

Chiefnj2
09-17-2009, 02:33 PM
I didn't realize how much power the 49ers have over Crabtree.

Per PFT:

"Crabtree would continue to be the property of the 49ers until the day of the draft. As a result, Crabtree would be unable to attend the Scouting Combine or work out for teams or be interviewed by teams during the usual period of pre-draft preparation."

Mr. Laz
09-17-2009, 02:42 PM
I didn't realize how much power the 49ers have over Crabtree.

Per PFT:

"Crabtree would continue to be the property of the 49ers until the day of the draft. As a result, Crabtree would be unable to attend the Scouting Combine or work out for teams or be interviewed by teams during the usual period of pre-draft preparation."
I heard that on the NFL Network the other day.

Crabtree just has to sign with the 49ers, without being able to workout for teams AT ALL, he will fall into the 2nd round in next year's draft.

Tribal Warfare
09-17-2009, 03:12 PM
You know what the sad thing is their are plenty of guys who would love to play in the NFL, and get a chance for a high dollar contract but this douchebag doesn't assimilate the concept how lucky he is to succeed with his dream.

Skip Towne
09-17-2009, 04:46 PM
As a GM I wouldn't touch this guy this year, next year or any year. He is a head case.

Hydrae
09-17-2009, 05:46 PM
At this point, if I am the Niners, I don't want him anyway. Talk about disrupting a locker room.

Kyle DeLexus
09-17-2009, 06:45 PM
So I heard that Crabtree might have been told by another team that if he holds out and enters the draft next year they will take him and pay him. I know this is tampering and all and doubt it seriously happened, but does anyone know if the 9ers would be able to trade his rights to another team that would pay him before the draft? They would still get killed on draft value since it likely would be a team that picks mid-late in the first. It might work out though since whatever team would actually want him could make sure they get him and the 9ers would get at least a "comp" pick for him.

Edit: This is only for if it actually gets the point where Crabtree and San Fran absolutely can't reach any type of agreement and they are sure he will be heading back into the draft pool.

Hydrae
09-17-2009, 06:51 PM
So I heard that Crabtree might have been told by another team that if he holds out and enters the draft next year they will take him and pay him. I know this is tampering and all and doubt it seriously happened, but does anyone know if the 9ers would be able to trade his rights to another team that would pay him before the draft? They would still get killed on draft value since it likely would be a team that picks mid-late in the first. It might work out though since whatever team would actually want him could make sure they get him and the 9ers would get at least a "comp" pick for him.

Edit: This is only for if it actually gets the point where Crabtree and San Fran absolutely can't reach any type of agreement and they are sure he will be heading back into the draft pool.

I don't of any reason the 9ers couldn't trade his rights to another team. :shrug:

Bane
09-17-2009, 07:03 PM
http://uranus.ckt.net/~bmcclen/kanyecrabtree.jpg

HOLY SHIT!!!ROFLROFLROFL

Wreckloose
09-17-2009, 07:23 PM
I don't of any reason the 9ers couldn't trade his rights to another team. :shrug:

Except for the NFL collective bargaining agreement.

Kyle DeLexus
09-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Except for the NFL collective bargaining agreement.

I figured there might be something in there, but didn't know for sure. Know the details?

Psyko Tek
09-17-2009, 10:28 PM
I heard that on the NFL Network the other day.

Crabtree just has to sign with the 49ers, without being able to workout for teams AT ALL, he will fall into the 2nd round in next year's draft.

if he's lucky it will only be second

Chiefnj2
09-18-2009, 05:08 AM
Per nesn.com

Future deadlines
1. If Crabtree is still unsigned by Nov. 17, 2009, then he is no longer eligible to play at all during the 2009 season. The 49ers can still sign him, but any deal would not go into affect until March 1, 2010.

2. From March 1, 2010, until the 2010 NFL draft -- which begins on April 22, 2010 -- the 49ers would have four options. They could sign and keep Crabtree, sign and then trade him, trade the rights to him (and then it is up to the new team to sign him) or do nothing and let him enter the 2010 draft.

3. If Crabtree remains unsigned by the first day of the 2010 draft, then any team except the 49ers can draft him. (Teams are not allowed to draft the same player two years in a row.)

Kyle DeLexus
09-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Per nesn.com

Future deadlines
1. If Crabtree is still unsigned by Nov. 17, 2009, then he is no longer eligible to play at all during the 2009 season. The 49ers can still sign him, but any deal would not go into affect until March 1, 2010.

2. From March 1, 2010, until the 2010 NFL draft -- which begins on April 22, 2010 -- the 49ers would have four options. They could sign and keep Crabtree, sign and then trade him, trade the rights to him (and then it is up to the new team to sign him) or do nothing and let him enter the 2010 draft.

3. If Crabtree remains unsigned by the first day of the 2010 draft, then any team except the 49ers can draft him. (Teams are not allowed to draft the same player two years in a row.)

A sign and trade with that much guarenteed money? It would be trading his rights conditionally to the other team being able to sign him.

Mr. Laz
09-18-2009, 11:24 AM
A sign and trade with that much guarenteed money? It would be trading his rights conditionally to the other team being able to sign him.I'm not sure but they might be able to sign him to a contract with the signing bonus delayed by 1-day or something so that his new team would pay it instead.

Over-Head
09-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Hes pissed because he cant handle the thought of Haywood Bay being drafted ahead of him and making more money. once again the raiders **** everything up.
Sure blame US!!!

Buehler445
09-18-2009, 11:26 AM
As a GM I wouldn't touch this guy this year, next year or any year. He is a head case.

I might take him in the 5th if he is still available. Certainly after 4 rounds and millions of dollars he will learn some humility.
Posted via Mobile Device

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Sure blame US!!!

OK.

Blaming stuff on the Raiders is easy when your owner is often mistaken for a demon anyway. :evil:

Chiefnj2
09-18-2009, 11:30 AM
I might take him in the 5th if he is still available. Certainly after 4 rounds and millions of dollars he will learn some humility.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kiper was on ESPN this morning saying Crabtree would go in the top 12 if he re-enters the draft next year.

Mr. Laz
09-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Kiper was on ESPN this morning saying Crabtree would go in the top 12 if he re-enters the draft next year.
Without being able to work out at the combine or do private workouts for teams??? I doubt it.

From the very beginning there were doubts about his speed and then he got injured before he could run. In fact i don't think he ever ended up doing an official run so the doubts about his speed still exists.

Now you add the character issues onto the questions about his speed and the fact that he hasn't played football in a year.

Top 12 ... i don't think so, he'll be lucky to still be a 1st rounder.

MaxFects
09-18-2009, 11:40 AM
NCAA football just barely started. There will probably be a bunch of star WRs emerge and some juniors declaring for the draft. A year without playing organized football with character flaws flag, and they expect a gm to invest top 12 money to him?

The raiders wont get an early pick anyway next year, they gave it to the Patriots. I don't see what team would draft him near there next year.

MaxFects
09-18-2009, 11:41 AM
lol yeah what he said

Buehler445
09-18-2009, 11:41 AM
OMG. Top 12 are you serious? He's not all that good.

Anyway, even if he was a bamf that he thinks he is, he is guarenteed to be out of shape after not playing football for 16 months (Jan 2009- April 2010) and his surgery. Add on the fact that he's STILL going to want to get top 5 money, and apparently isn't too concerned about actually performing, I just don't see it. Plus, there will be some new hotness come around that puts up big numbers (I'm looking at you Desmond Briscoe [/]homer) that teams will be all over.

There is just absolutely no reason at all to take him high. Unless some team wants him real bad and does take him top 5.
Posted via Mobile Device