PDA

View Full Version : Football We need to stand firm and reclaim our traditions.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2009, 11:24 AM
Before getting in to the mess below, I want to take a second and let everyone know that I am Pro-Tomahawk Chop, and I want the motherfucker back at Arrowhead under the new regime.

It is ridiculous that Carl Fucking Peterson somehow managed to get 80,000 people to cave to this bullshit. Fuck...that.
The group that started this shit back in the early 90's, is still heel-nipping at Washington and trying to get them to change their name.
Arrowhead is one of the most recognized football atmospheres in the NFL, and our traditions and high energy are what made it that way.
For those of you going to the game this Sunday; if the Chiefs are lighting it up, be brave and strong, and put the CHOP! back in to the war cry.
Let the rest of the football world know that Carl is dead, and we're taking back what is rightfully ours, and with no apologies.

Thanks.

Now, on to Washington's woes:

http://www.washingto...ml?hpid=topnews (http://www.washingto...ml/?hpid=topnews)

Native American activists are trying to get the Supreme Court involved in its long-running dispute with the Washington Redskins about whether the team's name is so offensive that it does not deserve trademark protection.

The group is asking the court to review a decision this year by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia that the group waited too long to bring its claim.

The dispute started in 1992, when seven activists challenged the Redskins trademark. They won seven years later in a decision by the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. The team appealed to the federal court.

Judges at the district and circuit levels said the activists' trademark cancellation claim was barred by the doctrine of laches, which serves as a statute of limitation against claims that should have been made long ago. Attorney Philip J. Mause's petition says such claims can be brought at any time and cites a decision by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit, which was written by then-judge, now-Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr.

The Supreme Court takes only a fraction of the petitions it receives, and probably will not decide on this one for months.

Fuck it; let's do a poll.

L.A. Chieffan
09-16-2009, 11:30 AM
I didn't realize it was 'banned' or whatever...i thought it just got kinda played out after the homo braves fans beat it to death.

didnt fsu start the tradition tho?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2009, 11:31 AM
I didn't realize it was 'banned' or whatever...i thought it just got kinda played out after the homo braves fans beat it to death.

Couldn't say.

cookster50
09-16-2009, 11:31 AM
I miss it.

Param
09-16-2009, 11:32 AM

That's my guess. Do they even do it anymore?

talastan
09-16-2009, 11:33 AM
I do miss it. Nothing like 80,000 people chanting a war cry to scare the bejesus out of an opposing team! :thumb: Let the tribal traditions return!!

Delano
09-16-2009, 11:34 AM
I think the 'chop' is ghey, but if you need to wave your arm around and chant a bunch of "ooooh's" to show your support, I don't care.

sedated
09-16-2009, 11:38 AM
its funny that a guy who has only followed the team since 2005 is harping about traditon.

DaFace
09-16-2009, 11:39 AM
When did they get rid of it? I know for a fact they were still doing it in 2006.

loochy
09-16-2009, 11:42 AM
We also need to restart the tradition of playing Gary Glitter after every touchdown!

Green screen to Holmes and a run into the end zone with a mad block by Richardson and............

Dah nahnt nah nah nah nah HEY dah nahnt nah nah we're gonna beat the hell outta you, you you you you YOU!

Nowdays its a different song and nobody gets to chant because we don't score touchdowns anymore.....:sad:

DaKCMan AP
09-16-2009, 11:43 AM
I do not like the tomahawk chop because I do not like fsewww and I do not want my NFL team to replicate anything from that garbage, lower-level school.

Brock
It's stupid.

Sweet Daddy Hate
its funny that a guy who has only followed the team since 1992 is harping about traditon.

You asshole.:p

When did they get rid of it? I know for a fact they were still doing it in 2006.

In the early 90's, the Chiefs were approached by the same group that is currently trying to get Washington to change their name, and Carl folded like a ball-gagged, submissive gimp.

Brock
09-16-2009, 11:44 AM

In the early 90's, the Chiefs were approached by the same group that is currently trying to get Washington to change their name, and Carl folded like a ball-gagged, submissive gimp.

That's not correct.

Sweet Daddy Hate
I do not like the tomahawk chop because I do not like fsewww and I do not want my NFL team to replicate anything from that garbage, lower-level school.

Your college dislikes mean nothing.

DaFace

Then why were they still doing it 3 years ago?

Reerun_KC
09-16-2009, 11:46 AM
Lets bring it back Marty, shitty 3 yard cloud of dust offense, a decent defense and no hope of winning anything meaningful...

the chop was played out in 1989...

loochy
09-16-2009, 11:47 AM

Yeah, its just some group of Redskinned Tomohawk-Chopping Braves

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2009, 11:47 AM

I never noticed they were. Maybe because the house has been less than full prior to Carl getting canned?

Hell I don't know, I'll just have to take your word.

Stinger
09-16-2009, 11:48 AM

Try preseason of this year and last year and the year before etc........

DaFace
09-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Try preseason of this year....

That's what I thought, but I hadn't personally been to Arrowhead since 2006, so I wasn't going to claim I knew for sure that they were still doing it.

InvinciBill
09-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Try preseason of this year and last year and the year before etc........

:thumb:

BigMeatballDave
No. Its retarded.

doomy3
What was the last game you went to, RoR?

Feel free to do the chop whenever want at the game. I think they still play the music for it from time to time, but most fans just don't give a shit about it anymore.

BigMeatballDave
09-16-2009, 11:52 AM
The only thing more lame than the chop is, IN COM PLETE!

Stinger
09-16-2009, 11:53 AM
What was the last game you went to, RoR?

Feel free to do the chop whenever want at the game. I think they still play the music for it from time to time, but most fans just don't give a shit about it anymore.

This ..... and they do. It is actually funny they will play music and maybe a 1/4 to a 1/3 of the people in the stands will do it for about 4 arm motions and then the stop and watch the play.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2009, 11:56 AM
The only thing more lame that the chop is, IN COM PLETE!

Well, if we're gonna' bash and all, PLEASE don't forget "Crazy Train"!

I love Ozzy, but "Crazy Train" has got to go. It's becoming a "Start Me Up"-fingernails on the blackboard-trip.

Reerun_KC
09-16-2009, 11:59 AM

I love Ozzy, but "Crazy Train" has got to go. It's becoming a "Start Me Up"-fingernails on the blackboard-trip.

Add in.

Over the mountian,
Mama I coming home
see you on the other side
mr crowley

God they play all of his shit songs over and over and over and over on every shit rock station...

Thanks you Sirius!

Rooster
09-16-2009, 12:01 PM
its funny that a guy who has only followed the team since 2005 is harping about traditon.

ROFLROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2009, 12:04 PM
ROFLROFL

I think he was confusing me with KU Football.

doomy3
09-16-2009, 12:06 PM
I think he was confusing me with KU Football.

KU football just started following the Chiefs or the NFL 3 years ago? Wha?

Reerun_KC
09-16-2009, 12:06 PM
I think he was confusing me with MU Football.

FYP!

Stinger
09-16-2009, 12:07 PM

They have started to use a different version of this ... a sample of Trick Daddy's Lets Go .... it has the "Crazy Train" riff.

NSFW (Language)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IHlKHLXj2P4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IHlKHLXj2P4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2009, 12:08 PM
They have started to use a different version of this ... a sample of Trick Daddy's Lets Go .... it has the "Crazy Train" riff.

NSFW (Language)

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IHlKHLXj2P4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

I made it through 8 seconds.

Next!:p

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2009, 12:09 PM
FYP!

Piss on you!:p

Stinger
09-16-2009, 12:13 PM
We also need to restart the tradition of playing Gary Glitter after every touchdown!

Green screen to Holmes and a run into the end zone with a mad block by Richardson and............

Dah nahnt nah nah nah nah HEY dah nahnt nah nah we're gonna beat the hell outta you, you you you you YOU!

Nowdays its a different song and nobody gets to chant because we don't score touchdowns anymore.....:sad:

What game were you at??? Although given the Chiefs at Home performance lately, they may not have scored a touchdown to play the song.

But yes they still play the song

loochy
09-16-2009, 12:35 PM
What game were you at??? Although given the Chiefs at Home performance lately, they may not have scored a touchdown to play the song.

:huh:

I haven't been to a home game in years since I live in Texas now. However, on TV I haven't noticed the song and I thought that there was some big thing about him being a pedo so the NFL can't use the song anymore. Also, a couple of years ago I remember a poll on KCChiefs.com asking what the new music should be. I know they still do the "beat the hell outta you" thing, but I don't think itd be the same without the Gary Glitter music.

OnTheWarpath15
09-16-2009, 12:41 PM

:huh:

I haven't been to a home game in years since I live in Texas now. However, on TV I haven't noticed the song and I thought that there was some big thing about him being a pedo so the NFL can't use the song anymore. Also, a couple of years ago I remember a poll on KCChiefs.com asking what the new music should be. I know they still do the "beat the hell outta you" thing, but I don't think itd be the same without the Gary Glitter music.

I'm sensing some confusion here.

Yes, they still play R&R Part 2 after TD's at Arrowhead.

However, it's not the kick-ass Gary Glitter version, it's some dumbass other version that sounds like shit.

The Gary Glitter version needs to return to Arrowhead, IMO.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5DbEznleHP0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5DbEznleHP0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Reerun_KC
09-16-2009, 12:43 PM
How can one get that back into the stadium?

The place would come unglued if they played that after the chiefs scored on Sunday...

Talk about something so small to put a BIG spark back into the team.

Nixhex
09-16-2009, 12:47 PM
This prank call fits this thread perfectly. ROFL

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EyXL-4alci0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EyXL-4alci0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

loochy
09-16-2009, 12:48 PM
How can one get that back into the stadium?

The place would come unglued if they played that after the chiefs scored on Sunday...

Talk about something so small to put a BIG spark back into the team.

We need some kind of inside source with access to the soundboard.

Let's make this happen.

Who knows someone that works for the Chiefs?

Titty Meat
09-16-2009, 01:36 PM
Seems like everything at Arrowhead is watered down. The team sucks, the stadium isn't as loud, they don't play gary glitter, also when they play the war cry its not even the real war cry it's the intro to that shitty "shake your tailfeather" song.

OnTheWarpath15
09-16-2009, 01:43 PM
Seems like everything at Arrowhead is watered down. The team sucks, the stadium isn't as loud, they don't play gary glitter, also when they play the war cry its not even the real war cry it's the intro to that shitty "shake your tailfeather" song.

I can't remember the last time they played the REAL Chiefs War Chant.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2009, 02:03 PM

1) That just gave me wood. Rep.

2) WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY PLAYING, THEN?!?!?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2009, 02:04 PM

Somebody needs to fucking die. Or at least be removed from their charge.

That is un...fucking...acceptable.

Titty Meat
09-16-2009, 02:06 PM
I haven't been to any games this season so maybe they changed it. I don't know if the people who are in charge of that were fired along with Carl Peterson.

JOhn
09-16-2009, 02:08 PM
I haven't been to any games this season so maybe they changed it. I don't know if the people who are in charge of that were fired along with Carl Peterson.

:spock:

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2009, 02:09 PM

God I hope.

Titty Meat
09-16-2009, 02:11 PM
:spock:

They played 2 pre-season games smart ass.

soundmind
09-16-2009, 02:55 PM
That's my guess. Do they even do it anymore?

If you saw the intro piece to that FSU vs. Miami game from last weekend I suppose you wouldn't need to ask. They have a War Chief in full regalia ride a painted horse into the stadium with a fire-lit spear (which is eventually driven into the ground at midfield). That entire processional is done to the 60K or so fans doing the tomahawk chop.

This has shown up at a few Chiefs games over the last couple seasons, just far too few reasons to celebrate like that unfortunately.

soundmind
09-16-2009, 02:59 PM

That is awesome. :bravo: Thank you for sharing. :toast:

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2009, 03:08 PM
If you saw the intro piece to that FSU vs. Miami game from last weekend I suppose you wouldn't need to ask. They have a War Chief in full regalia ride a painted horse into the stadium with a fire-lit spear (which is eventually driven into the ground at midfield). That entire processional is done to the 60K or so fans doing the tomahawk chop.

This has shown up at a few Chiefs games over the last couple seasons, just far too few reasons to celebrate like that unfortunately.

We had a horse and a War Chief back in the Municipal Stadium days. Drove Madden crazy.:D

Stinger
09-16-2009, 03:39 PM
We had a horse and a War Chief back in the Municipal Stadium days. Drove Madden crazy.:D

Forgot about Warpaint and the Madden quote:

Warpaint circled the field at the beginning of each game and after each touchdown. In 1975, the Chiefs defeated the Oakland Raiders by a score of 42-10, prompting Warpaint to circle the field plenty of times.

“We couldn't beat the Chiefs, but we damn near killed their horse."

—Oakland Raiders head coach John Madden, following their 42-10 loss to the Chiefs in 1975.

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Reerun_KC
09-16-2009, 04:06 PM
Well it will be interesting to see if anyone has any balls and we get back to the songs and music that made arrowhead special...

Hopefully Pioli made some changes!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2009, 04:13 PM
Well it will be interesting to see if anyone has any balls and we get back to the songs and music that made arrowhead special...

Hopefully Pioli made some changes!

I just want the real War Song back. Give THAT to the fans, and when you're not playing that, play something that will fire the PLAYERS up.

That's right; crank the fucking bass and give them their "hubba-hubba-hubba"-whateverthefuck before kick-offs.LMAO