PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA CHIEFS FANS WEIGH IN!!!

TinyEvel
09-17-2009, 12:10 AM
So, the Whaler went belly-up.

I have a lead that the new Chiefs Bar is THE YARD at Broadway and Ocean Blvd. Dane and I will be there for the Radiers game at 9:45 sharp. First round is on me.

CANCELLED...

THE POSTINGS ON GOOGLE THAT THIS WAS A CHIEFS BAR WERE FALSE.

Looking for new venue for next week.

88TG88
09-17-2009, 12:12 AM
In Venice ?

If Dane goes I'll go

maybe

Simply Red
09-17-2009, 12:15 AM
http://tinyurl.com/lb7j8d

Simply Red
09-17-2009, 12:17 AM
In Venice ?

If Dane goes I'll go

maybe

DUDE, NOT ITALY!!!

88TG88
09-17-2009, 12:20 AM
DUDE, NOT ITALY!!!

lol

If Dane says go i don't ask questions.

Simply Red
09-17-2009, 12:22 AM
lol

If Dane says go i don't ask questions.

ha, do you or Tiny like Long Beach, or is it considered 'shitty?'

88TG88
09-17-2009, 12:42 AM
ha, do you or Tiny like Long Beach, or is it considered 'shitty?'

It's cool, just not as many Hollywood type ppl there. It's like a nice upper class place to live/party

Dante84
09-17-2009, 12:58 AM
You bro's ever been to 119th and Pflumm?

It's like, chyeah.

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2009, 06:22 PM
schweeeet. my wife and i would love to accompany you tiny, and any other local cpers.

only one question: do they have good bathrooms to do coke in?

keg in kc
09-17-2009, 06:23 PM
You bro's ever been to 119th and Pflumm?

It's like, chyeah.There's a couple happenin' joints there, right across from each other. I bet they're packed on Sundays.

DaneMcCloud
09-17-2009, 09:30 PM
There's a couple happenin' joints there, right across from each other. I bet they're packed on Sundays.

I used to live in the townhomes just behind College & Pflumm. I used to go to Tanner's and Danny's quite frequently.

Mmm, I miss those Tanner's chicken strips and burgers.

Greasy heaven.

keg in kc
09-17-2009, 09:32 PM
The happenin' joints I was referring to are two churches. LMAO

That corner happens to be the 1.5 point of one of my jogging loops.

Buck
09-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Come down to San Diego, pussies.

DaneMcCloud
09-17-2009, 09:37 PM

Honestly, I don't think we're going anywhere this weekend.

I'd come to San Diego to watch the annual slaughter but it's Thanksgiving Weekend and we have family coming in town.

Maybe next year...

Buck
09-17-2009, 09:42 PM
If anyone ever wants to come down, I've got 2 42" HDTVs running 2 games at 10 AM and 2 at 1 PM.

This week is gonna be killer.

10 AM - Oak/KC and NE/NYJ
1 PM - SD/Bal and Cle/Den

CaliforniaChief
09-17-2009, 09:46 PM
If anyone ever wants to come down, I've got 2 42" HDTVs running 2 games at 10 AM and 2 at 1 PM.

This week is gonna be killer.

10 AM - Oak/KC and NE/NYJ
1 PM - SD/Bal and Cle/Den

Ummmm....that's pretty freaking awesome, dude.

My wife and I are thinkin' about coming down for the game...like Dane, the date presents some family challenges. But I only get to see the Chiefs in person once a year. We're leaning towards the game. : )

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2009, 11:56 PM
schweeeet. my wife and i would love to accompany you tiny, and any other local cpers.

only one question: do they have good bathrooms to do coke in?

Fuck@! Forgot we have something at noon so wont be able to make it. SUCKS my bad, next time fo sho

Quiet Storm
09-18-2009, 04:09 AM

That's alotta transplants

chief husker
09-18-2009, 09:09 AM

I have a lead that the new Chiefs Bar is THE YARD at Broadway and Ocean Blvd. Dane and I will be there for the Radiers game at 9:45 sharp. First round is on me.

WHO's IN?!?!?

88TG88?
LAchieffan?
etc?
etc?

I will let my son know. Lives in Hollywood and can't find a Chiefs bar.

DaneMcCloud
09-18-2009, 09:37 AM
I will let my son know. Lives in Hollywood and can't find a Chiefs bar.

Tiny did some recon and found (I think) that it's not a Chiefs bar.

Tell your son about Capitol City on Cahuenga (it's opening today).

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, they have forty-five 65" flat screens.

L.A. Chieffan
09-18-2009, 09:39 AM

what about this place? its on wilshire. sr, wheeeeere do you find this?

HC_Chief
09-18-2009, 09:39 AM

GODDAMN! nice

L.A. Chieffan
09-18-2009, 09:41 AM

yeah i read about that place in the times the other day. i dont think im cool enough to be there

DaneMcCloud
09-18-2009, 09:42 AM
GODDAMN! nice

Yeah, it should be a great Sunday hang.

I'll probably head down there for the Giants game.

I'd go this weekend except for the fact that I absolutely HATE Raiders fans.

I just can't be in the same room with those people.

L.A. Chieffan
09-18-2009, 09:43 AM

the more i check this place out the more skeptical i am. their site says nothing about being a chief bar

underEJ
09-18-2009, 10:30 AM
I'd go this weekend except for the fact that I absolutely HATE Raiders fans.

I just can't be in the same room with those people.

So true. I used to live in Oakland and the best football watching bar I've ever been to was in Oakland, the Golden Bear, now closed. There were no Raider fans in it. Every other kind of fan watching together. When stray Raider fans would come, they never could be "Raider Fan" because any self respecting Eagle Fan can out "Raider Fan" them in less than a minute. For some reason, I don't care if Eagle Fan does it.

If you decide on a place, I'll meet up. I don't know of any enclaves of Chief watchers though.

88TG88
09-19-2009, 09:18 PM
If you guys are still going I can be there.

DaneMcCloud
09-19-2009, 09:55 PM
yeah i read about that place in the times the other day. i dont think im cool enough to be there

Just stay close and I'll tell everyone you're with me.

:evil:

DaneMcCloud
09-19-2009, 10:00 PM
If you guys are still going I can be there.

Unfortunately, we're not going.

Could you meet us in Hollywood at Capitol City one of these Sundays?

We should get everyone: UnderEJ, L.A.Chieffan, Tiny, etc.

88TG88
09-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Unfortunately, we're not going.

Could you meet us in Hollywood at Capitol City one of these Sundays?

We should get everyone: UnderEJ, L.A.Chieffan, Tiny, etc.

If everyone goes I might have to consider it. Its a little far from the Marina so I might have to move some things around.

DaneMcCloud
09-19-2009, 10:16 PM
If everyone goes I might have to consider it. Its a little far from the Marina so I might have to move some things around.

I'll definitely give you some notice. I'll PM everyone this week and maybe we can set up a date for sometime in late October or early November.

Sound good?

TinyEvel
09-19-2009, 10:37 PM
I'll definitely give you some notice. I'll PM everyone this week and maybe we can set up a date for sometime in late October or early November.

Sound good?

Yeah, I live less than ten minutes from your work Kev, so we can do it at my place, i have one 65" screen so that should be enough. everyone will be welcome. Let me figure a good game and check with the missus and I'll toss it out there. It will be like a mini version of Nzoner's West.

DaneMcCloud
09-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I live less than ten minutes from your work Kev, so we can do it at my place, i have one 65" screen so that should be enough. everyone will be welcome. Let me figure a good game and check with the missus and I'll toss it out there. It will be like a mini version of Nzoner's West.

Except Luv won't be there

Sully
09-19-2009, 10:42 PM
I've got 2 42" HDTVs running 2 games at 10 AM

This is actually one of the bigger reasons I could never live on the west coast.

TinyEvel
09-19-2009, 10:52 PM
This is actually one of the bigger reasons I could never live on the west coast.

THere was a report in the L.A. TImes yesterday that CA might put restrictions on flatscreen TV sales.

Apparently, they Flatscreen is the third largest user of energy in the house (behind A/C and Refrigerator) and they might tax the hell out of them or ban the big ones altogether.

Opponents argue that d-bag CA homeowners will not live without a huge flatscreen and would instead just order one online from out of country (I did :D )

SO, the plot thickens

TinyEvel
09-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Except Luv won't be there

maybe. Maybe not.

DaneMcCloud
09-19-2009, 10:54 PM

10am RULES.

I used to think otherwise. I remember the days when a 12pm Chiefs game would last ALL day. Those were fun times.

But I have to tell ya: 10am game, at the beach or walking or hiking or biking or just anything by 2pm - it's absolutely awesome.

Sully
09-19-2009, 11:01 PM
10am RULES.

I used to think otherwise. I remember the days when a 12pm Chiefs game would last ALL day. Those were fun times.

But I have to tell ya: 10am game, at the beach or walking or hiking or biking or just anything by 2pm - it's absolutely awesome.

the 10am would suck for me because of church.

But it's really more about the late games for me. For some reason there is nothing better to me than either being at a bar late and watching games, or even better, going to bed and watching.

DaneMcCloud
09-19-2009, 11:06 PM
the 10am would suck for me because of church.

But it's really more about the late games for me. For some reason there is nothing better to me than either being at a bar late and watching games, or even better, going to bed and watching.

It's just different. But for me, better.

Tomorrow, Tiny's coming over. We'll watch the game, hang out and have a great time. I'm really looking forward to it.

Yet, at 3:30, when my 17 month old daughter normally wakes up, we're going swimming at the YMCA. We're going play in the pool, then I'll hit the Olympic Pool to swim some laps. We'll grab some food on the way home, eat dinner, put her to bed and I'll watch the last hour or so of the Sunday Night Game.

For me, it just doesn't get any better.

TinyEvel
09-19-2009, 11:07 PM
Yeah, we get boned: Drunk by 11 am Sunday during the game, then watch first half of the 1pm game and then pass out. Wake up during the end of the 5pm game. Watch NFL Live. Call Broski to trash talk about Fantasy team win (or get called and listen to a-hole beat you down about your FFL loss) Pass out again. Wake up around 11:45. booty call a chick, bone her, kick her out. Wake up Monday around 7am go to school/work. Leave. Watch MNF, bootycall that same chick. If she refuses, booty call her roommate. Repeat next week.

TinyEvel
09-19-2009, 11:08 PM
as you can see, Dane and I have a different outlook about it.

88TG88
09-20-2009, 12:12 AM
as you can see, Dane and I have a different outlook about it.

ROFLROFL

UsualSuspects
09-20-2009, 12:13 AM

WHO's IN?!?!?

88TG88?
LAchieffan?
etc?
etc?

I thought I was an ass............

U quit drinking. 2 Years ago? Liar!

RINGLEADER
09-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Down.

BlackHoleJake
09-20-2009, 01:23 AM
Must be at least a dozen of you fuckers down there

JuicesFlowing
09-20-2009, 06:45 AM
10am RULES.

I wouldn't mind a 10 AM game. I actually hate the 3:00 pm games, because I feel like I have to wait all day until they start. And God forbid a Monday night game, despite all of the national hype. I have to go to work before most people even wake up during the weekdays, so Monday Night games mean that I'd get 3 hours of sleep. I love early games. Noon is perfect though.

TinyEvel
09-20-2009, 08:39 AM
I thought I was an ass............

U quit drinking. 2 Years ago? Liar!

I think you have me confused with Simply Red.

TinyEvel
09-20-2009, 09:36 AM
Yeah, we get boned: Drunk by 11 am Sunday during the game, then watch first half of the 1pm game and then pass out. Wake up during the end of the 5pm game. Watch NFL Live. Call Broski to trash talk about Fantasy team win (or get called and listen to a-hole beat you down about your FFL loss) Pass out again. Wake up around 11:45. booty call a chick, bone her, kick her out. Wake up Monday around 7am go to school/work. Leave. Watch MNF, bootycall that same chick. If she refuses, booty call her roommate. Repeat next week.

This was actually something a college guy said in a Coor's Light focus group. We were conducting usage interviews and the subject of football and beer came up. One guy non-chalantly rattled off his usual Sunday routine it went something like the above, as if he were talking about going to the grocery store and laundromat and stuff.