PDA

View Full Version : Football Chargers home opener may be Blacked out.

sd4chiefs
09-17-2009, 08:25 PM
WTF. It's the home opener. Come on Charger Fans. I just saw on the news that they gave them another 24hrs.

http://www.examiner.com/x-7530-San-Diego-Sports-Examiner~y2009m9d15-Chargers-need-to-sell-2500-tickets-by-Thursday-to-prevent-blackout

In only Week 2 of the NFL regular season, the San Diego Chargers are already facing the threat of a blackout.

The Chargers told the NFL that they are about 2,500 tickets short of a sell out for their home opener Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens, according to the Union-Tribune.

San Diego has until 1:15 p.m. Thursday afternoon to sell those tickets, or their game against the Ravens—the first home game of the year—will be blacked out in a 50-mile radius of Qualcomm Stadium.

Buck
09-17-2009, 09:34 PM
This is going to sound dickish, but fuck that man.

I was a season ticket holder from the day I got my first job, which was October of 2003. My dad had season tickets and I went to every game from 2001 to 2003 before I had my own season tix.

But this year I just couldn't afford it, and as much as it pained me to do it, I had to stop buying season tickets.

As of today, I have $25 in my checking account.

The Chargers games have been sold out since 2003, you cannot blame the fans, its just a shitty economy man, we just simply cannot afford it.

You out of everybody should know the rising cost of living in San Diego plus the 10% Unemployment Rate means that less and less people can afford to go.

Maybe if the tickets werent $98 fucking dollars each I wouldn't have had to stop buying the tickets.

Anyways, there were 1100 tickets left as of this morning, they will sell out.

09-17-2009, 09:35 PM
You should have had the Jets at the home opener

ROFL

We would have sold it out!

ROFL

Sure-Oz
09-17-2009, 09:36 PM
I prices are high for games, and i think the blackout rule shit is stupid...

yeah lets pay for a product we can't see hehe

Ugly Duck
09-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Sheesh. Wut kinda lousy org can't even sell out their freakin opener. Sad.

DaneMcCloud
09-17-2009, 09:40 PM
You should have had the Jets at the home opener

ROFL

We would have sold it out!

ROFL

Did you pay for PSL's at the new stadium? How are the sales going?

That's a lot of money for most Giants and Jets fans, I assume.

Buck
09-17-2009, 09:40 PM

Hope you are being sarcastic. I seem to remember a team out of the Bay Area that needed and extension to sell out their week 1 MNF opening game.

09-17-2009, 09:42 PM

PSL's are next year. but I'm done. the Jets are doing a pr campaign to sell season tickets for the first time in 30 years. A LOT of peeps gave up their season tickets.

If you had goosd seats you could exchange them for shitty seats and no psl's ..lol..anybody in the uppers got no psl's to their tickets..its a joke

Buck
09-17-2009, 09:44 PM
PSL = Complete Bullshit.

They will ruin sports.

DaneMcCloud
09-17-2009, 09:45 PM
PSL's are next year. but I'm done. the Jets are doing a pr campaign to sell season tickets for the first time in 30 years. A LOT of peeps gave up their season tickets.

If you had goosd seats you could exchange them for shitty seats and no psl's ..lol..anybody in the uppers got no psl's to their tickets..its a joke

I know. I have a friend that had 16 Giants tickets and 16 Jets tickets. They had to reduce them to 4 and 4 because of the PSL's and their seats go back to the 20's with the Giants and inception with the Jets.

I'm sorry, Dude. I hope that there are a lot of freebie's going your way in the coming years.

09-17-2009, 09:45 PM

The Giants have a good product to sell..and their seats are still cheaper than the Jets

ROFL

The Jets and Woody Johnson are a fucking joke.

CaliforniaChief
09-17-2009, 09:49 PM
This is going to sound dickish, but **** that man.

I was a season ticket holder from the day I got my first job, which was October of 2003. My dad had season tickets and I went to every game from 2001 to 2003 before I had my own season tix.

But this year I just couldn't afford it, and as much as it pained me to do it, I had to stop buying season tickets.

As of today, I have $25 in my checking account.

The Chargers games have been sold out since 2003, you cannot blame the fans, its just a shitty economy man, we just simply cannot afford it.

You out of everybody should know the rising cost of living in San Diego plus the 10% Unemployment Rate means that less and less people can afford to go.

Maybe if the tickets werent $98 ****ing dollars each I wouldn't have had to stop buying the tickets.

Anyways, there were 1100 tickets left as of this morning, they will sell out.

I hear ya man. It sucks. We had to drop the Sunday Ticket to stay ahead of things, and even then it's tough.

Buck
09-17-2009, 09:55 PM
I hear ya man. It sucks. We had to drop the Sunday Ticket to stay ahead of things, and even then it's tough.

Yeah I went the sunday ticket route instead of season tickets.

Buehler445
09-17-2009, 09:56 PM

Hey man. I hear you. My belt is damn tight right now.

DaneMcCloud
09-17-2009, 09:57 PM
The Giants have a good product to sell..and their seats are still cheaper than the Jets

ROFL

The Jets and Woody Johnson are a fucking joke.

Seriously? That doesn't even make sense!

In short, Jets fans are from Queens. Giants fans are from Manhattan.

How can they charge more?

Are all sports franchise owners dumb?

09-17-2009, 09:57 PM

How much was the increase this year?

DaneMcCloud
09-17-2009, 09:58 PM

Stop eating so much

:p

09-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Seriously? That doesn't even make sense!

In short, Jets fans are from Queens. Giants fans are from Manhattan.

How can they charge more?

Yeah, what dipshit Woody has done is wait until he see's what the Giants do and add his own lil twist to it. the Jets are in damage control mode now though. they had no clue the season ticket holders would revolt like this.

A LOT of die hard fans and long tiome season ticket holders have told the to go fuck themselves...you cant charge those prices for a pos product..its insane

Buck
09-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Definitely. It sucks.

How much was the increase this year?
No increase for season tickets. I got Sunday Ticket for $100

Stop eating so much

:p

But the Bacon Explosion tastes so damn good!!!

09-17-2009, 10:02 PM
FYI..the Yankees new stadium was empty in the beginning of the season because of insane ticket prices..lol..guess what? they lowered them after that

ROFL

Fans rule!

DaneMcCloud
09-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Yeah, what dipshit Woody has done is wait until he see's what the Giants do and add his own lil twist to it. the Jets are in damage control mode now though. they had no clue the season ticket holders would revolt like this.

A LOT of die hard fans and long tiome season ticket holders have told the to go fuck themselves...you cant charge those prices for a pos product..its insane

That really sucks, Man. I'm sorry to hear it.

I HAVE to have the Sunday ticket because I don't live in KC.

But I'd be absolutely LIVID if the Chiefs ever priced me out.

Mile High Mania
09-18-2009, 04:23 AM
I'll never be a season ticket holder for any team... just way too much money.

Terribilis
09-18-2009, 05:39 AM
No increase for season tickets. I got Sunday Ticket for $100

damn how did you pull that off? New customer deal?

greg63
09-18-2009, 05:44 AM
...Wait; we have Charger fans here??? :p

Mojo Jojo
09-18-2009, 05:51 AM
Face it the Chiefs just missed the blackout cutoff/extension for the Home Opener. It wasn't for sure until about 11:00 yesterday. That means the KCTV or Hy-Vee guaranteed the final tickets. On Tuesday you could still buy 4 tickets together in row 19 of the lower level to Arrowhead.

It is going to be a long year for ticket sales all around the NFL.

notorious
09-18-2009, 07:30 AM
PSL = Complete Bullshit.

They will ruin sports.

When they starting selling tickets for the Kansas Motor Speedway they had PSL requirements. I couldn't figure out why we had to spend $1600 to have the chance to buy tickets. It is a legal way to rob people, because once you get the PSL license, you can't legally sale the tickets above face value to make back your loses.

Stadium owners are getting too greedy. Screw them.

notorious
09-18-2009, 07:32 AM

If you look at how they are handling the Salary Cap/Revenue Sharing problem and you will get your answer.

Quiet Storm
09-18-2009, 03:57 PM

Go back to school and start helping yourself. Illiterate, stupid, and being a Raiders fan is no way to go through life son.

BTW...Game is NOT blacked out...The sellout streak at the Q continues...since 03 I believe.

Since we've owned this division, the other fans have to look for something to whine about. It happens.

sd4chiefs
09-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Go back to school and start helping yourself. Illiterate, stupid, and being a Raiders fan is no way to go through life son.

BTW...Game is NOT blacked out...The sellout streak at the Q continues...since 03 I believe.

Since we've owned this division, the other fans have to look for something to whine about. It happens.

That's great news. I am going to enjoy watching the Chargers get their ass kicked on Sunday.

Buck
09-18-2009, 05:21 PM
damn how did you pull that off? New customer deal?

Its a secret

...Wait; we have Charger fans here??? :p

:#

That's great news. I am going to enjoy watching the Chargers get their ass kicked on Sunday.

Not likely.

JuicesFlowing
09-18-2009, 05:22 PM
I mentioned this in another thread, but I think the NFL should do pay-per view for sold out games. At least they would be getting some money back??

Quiet Storm
09-18-2009, 05:47 PM
I mentioned this in another thread, but I think the NFL should do pay-per view for sold out games. At least they would be getting some money back??

Tv networks couldn't allow that. I'm sure they lay down some coin as well to broadcast the games.

Bugeater
09-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Its a secret

As in you and your roommates all chipped in on it?

Buck
09-18-2009, 06:31 PM
As in you and your roommates all chipped in on it?

Nope.

$33 each for 3 of us.

What were doing is pretty much frowned upon, but not illegal....

Hint, even if the Chargers game was blacked out in SD, I'd still be able to watch it from home.

JuicesFlowing
09-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Tv networks couldn't allow that. I'm sure they lay down some coin as well to broadcast the games.

I guess that's the hilarity of it? We are told that the networks buy the remaining tix to avoid blackouts ... If the games are blacked-out, the networks aren't getting them, correct?

Bugeater
09-18-2009, 06:51 PM
I guess that's the hilarity of it? We are told that the networks buy the remaining tix to avoid blackouts ... If the games are blacked-out, the networks aren't getting them, correct?
Only the local affiliates don't get them, they're still broadcasted outside of the home market.

Hammock Parties
09-18-2009, 06:53 PM
No one is interesting in seeing a broken down LT.

Buck
09-18-2009, 06:54 PM
No one is interesting in seeing a broken down LT.

No one is interesting in seeing you sound like a retard (ing).

Skip Towne
09-18-2009, 07:47 PM
No one is interesting in seeing you sound like a retard (ing).

That's interesting.

Mojo Jojo
09-18-2009, 09:16 PM

The Chiefs had to get help from the local TV station to sellout the home opener.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-18-2009, 09:20 PM
chargers are gay. blackouts are gay. perfect fit.

Ugly Duck
09-18-2009, 10:33 PM

Capacity for sensing humor & ability to appreciate sarcasm are indicators of intelligence level. I'll cut you some slack since yer sucha noob.