PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs This team is headed in the right direction

JimNasium
09-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Despite the loss and the sloppy plays I saw some real positives today. The team plays hard, the head coach is passionate and has a vision and there actually seemed to be some excitement in the crowd. It's going to be a rough year but I've drank to kool-aide.

KcMizzou
09-20-2009, 02:17 PM
I'm with ya.

But damn this one hurt... we had those fools.

Dead-bang.

Baby Lee
09-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Billy still shits his pants and masturbates in front of company, . . . but there's slightly less dead stare in his eyes every once in a while. I see progress.

This is a joke of a franchise, they don't deserve to take the field and share in the profits.

JimNasium
09-20-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm with ya.

Dead-bang.

I've got a feeling we'll take it out on them on the flip side of the series. This team will be playing much better later this season.

JimNasium
09-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Billy still shits his pants and masturbates in front of company, . . . but there's slightly less dead stare in his eyes every once in a while. I see progress.

This is a joke of a franchise, they don't deserve to take the field and share in the profits.

This.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2009, 02:19 PM
We're not good enough. Our talent on the lines is abysmal.

But at least we have a fucking clue. Now we need some players who can actually execute.

oaklandhater
09-20-2009, 02:20 PM
I've got a feeling we'll take it out on them on the flip side of the series. This team will be playing much better later this season.

your baseing this on what we have chicken shit for talent on the feild right now....

big nasty kcnut
09-20-2009, 02:20 PM
I agree this loss hurt but we looked good. My dad not washing his chiefs shirt till we win.
Posted via Mobile Device

KcMizzou
09-20-2009, 02:21 PM
I've got a feeling we'll take it out on them on the flip side of the series. This team will be playing much better later this season.No doubt.

BigVE
Yep, like GC said, all we are lacking is TALENT.

Titty Meat
Mods delete this bullshit

JimNasium
09-20-2009, 02:22 PM
your baseing this on what we have chicken shit for talent on the feild right now....
I'm basing it on a gut feeling. No need for hate.

RedThat
They make way to many mistakes. Way too many.

The Chiefs should of easily won this game. Dropped passes, lack of execution, penalties and turnovers are killing this team. These are the same mistakes that carry over year after year and they continue to make them time and time again. It's frustrating. This is defining them as a losing team.

If you wanna be a good football team you can't afford to make those same mistakes. These are big issues they need to clear up.

*Oh and having no passrush is death to defense. They're lucky Russell made a lot of bad throws. If they had to play a real good quarterback this team would of easily given up 40 pts.

JimNasium
Mods delete this bullshit

Don't make me stop this car.

WilliamTheIrish
09-20-2009, 02:23 PM
The only place this franchise is heading for is the first pick in the draft. What this team lacks in talent, it makes up for in stupidity.

KcMizzou
09-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Don't make me come stop this car.'Nasium's been known to smack a bitch, billay.

Just sayin'.

DaFace
09-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Yeah, the trajectory is definitely up. However, the angle may be smaller than I'd hoped.

JimNasium
09-20-2009, 02:25 PM
The only place this franchise is heading for is the first pick in the draft. What this team lacks in talent, it makes up for in stupidity.

Don't overreact. I think we all knew this was going to be a long season.

KcMizzou
09-20-2009, 02:26 PM
They made very few mistakes last week, and hung in with a much better team. This week, they ****ed up at every opportunity, and found a way to out "Raider" the Raiders.

I do believe they've gonna get it right.. it's just gonna take time.

JimNasium
09-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Yeah, the trajectory is definitely up. However, the angle may be smaller than I'd hoped.

This too.

Bugeater
09-20-2009, 02:29 PM
That's what I heard at the beginning of last season.

JimNasium
09-20-2009, 02:31 PM

It's always possible that I'm wrong.

TrickyNicky
09-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Well... at least it wasn't the sloption.

Baby Lee
09-20-2009, 02:32 PM
I'll say it now and stand by it. This team won't be .500 again before year 3 of the next coaching regime.

JimNasium
09-20-2009, 02:34 PM
I'll say it now and stand by it. This team won't be .500 again before year 3 of the next coaching regime.

With all due respect, I think you are wrong on this prediction.

ChiefaRoo
this is the first KC game I've given a shit about in a long time. I agree this team has a clue it just doesn't have the talent or experience yet. It'll come.

cdcox

When you cut 30 players from your roster, that means you are putting 30 new guys on. Most of those are going to be guys that other teams don't want. I really never expected to see marked improvement this season except better coaching.

ChiefaRoo
09-20-2009, 02:35 PM

Just a pathetic post.

keg in kc
09-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Huge improvement over last week in terms of performance, but they took an equally huge step back by committing a shitload of penalties and turning the ball over. Unforced Chiefs errors gave Oakland that game. The Chiefs are not good enough to overcome mistakes. Which I'm sure they're going to get pounded into them all week.

The defense played well, but they still have to get more pressure. Russell really helped them out a lot. He has any accuracy or touch and it probably would have been a totally different game.

I expect the team to gradually get better as the season goes on. Cassel should get better, too, this being his first live play in, what, a month? With a receiver who wasn't on the team a week ago playing a key part of the offense.

One thing to keep in mind is just how many people tried to pound on the idea that Oakland is a much more talented team than KC. Well, we just completely dominated them. The first thing the Chiefs have to learn is how to finish. Not just games, but individual drives. And halves. They have to learn how to win. 'cause losses are contagious as much as wins are.

Mr. Kotter
09-20-2009, 02:36 PM

So...you are saying you think we might get to .500 in year 3?

That's possible....

JuicesFlowing
09-20-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm with ya.

Dead-bang.

This, thread over.

ChiefaRoo
09-20-2009, 02:42 PM

You're thinking of Nebraska Football. Those dumbf**ks aren't ever going to win again when it matters.

Red Dawg
09-20-2009, 02:43 PM
They stink for the same reasons as last year. Our pass rush might even be worse. Th o line did play better but when it counted they sucked as well.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2009, 02:44 PM

You're right. I predict they may play well enough to beat Cleveland late in the season.

Until then, they beat no one.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm with ya.

Dead-bang.

Get used to it

dtrain
09-20-2009, 02:46 PM
I agree this loss hurt but we looked good. My dad not washing his chiefs shirt till we win.
Posted via Mobile Device

oooh that could be dangerous :shake:

suds79
Man this is going to get ugly.

If they don't get the win today, who can they expect to beat?

Is week 6 or 7 really our best shots coming up next? Even then you can't feel good about our chances.

keg in kc
You're right. I predict they may play well enough to beat Cleveland late in the season.

Until then, they beat no one.Their game with Washington should be exactly like today's. An attrition bowl between two bad teams.

I said a few weeks back they'd lose today and then surprise Philly, Dallas or the Giants. We'll see.

Easy 6
09-20-2009, 02:47 PM
One definite positive, was the way we bottled up their vaunted 'Triple Threat of Terror' running game.

Gave up the crusher right at the end, not good...but the rest of the game was well played on run D.

Fritz88
09-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Despite the loss and the sloppy plays I saw some real positives today. The team plays hard, the head coach is passionate and has a vision and there actually seemed to be some excitement in the crowd. It's going to be a rough year but I've drank to kool-aide.

You can always pick positives out of every game. The bottom line is, we lose the same way we lost and we will keep losing for this entire year. We need more talents instead of rejects and second stringers.

dukuboy
09-20-2009, 02:49 PM
0-16 here we come. If we can't beat an equally crappy Oakland team at home there is no team we can beat. If the Chiefs show up dead to a home opener, against their bitter rival, and really a must win game to prove to themselves and the fans they aren't a bunch of no talent shitheads, and they lose. Today is devistating, with no hope for the future. This team needs 2 OL at minimum, needs 1 WR equal to or better then Bowe, they need 1 player maker (real player makers not what the chowder heads running this team will tell you are play makers) each at DE, LB, and safety.

It was an absolute tradegy they way this team approcahed the offseason and they are going to pay the price. The only thing that will deflect press away from how bad the Chiefs are is that Jacksonville is unraveling at the seems and maybe they will fold after this year. I hope so so we can have a good pick in a subpplemental draft of sorts.

the Chiefs are terrible and making minimal progress at best. Haley & company will do nothing this year but lose every game, and he will come back next year to lose even more. Haley is gone mid 2010 or by the time the Chiefs have lost 22 in a row (16 this year 6 next year) and 26 loses in a row since Nov 30 2008. This team is epically bad as is. it can be fixed but we have to fix it this year and the offseason. If they do not the franchise will be lost for good.

F_U_C_K the Chiefs in 2009

Bugeater
09-20-2009, 02:49 PM
You're thinking of Nebraska Football. Those dumbf**ks aren't ever going to win again when it matters.
No I'm not, they can beat shitty teams.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Their game with Washington should be exactly like today's. An attrition bowl between two bad teams.

I said a few weeks back they'd lose today and then surprise Philly, Dallas or the Giants. We'll see.

Well, you're wrong.

:D

I actually fear for Cassel's life against the Giants defense. Dallas put up 55 sacks last year and Philly's defense at home will be brutal.

keg in kc
09-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Well, you're wrong.It's a guess, there's no right and wrong to it.

'cause, you know, some of us are smart enough to realize we don't actually know what's going to happen.

Baby Lee
09-20-2009, 02:53 PM
You can always pick positives out of every game. The bottom line is, we lose the same way we lost and we will keep losing for this entire year. We need more talents instead of rejects and second stringers.

Haley can take 22 guys off the street and win more than 2 games. Guess we'll know by Christmas if he thought KC deserved that level of genius from him in return for his salary.

Anyone told him the season has actually started?

Iowanian
09-20-2009, 02:54 PM
The Chiefs are headed to the SHIP!!!

It's just too bad that ship is the Edmond Fitzgerald.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2009, 02:55 PM
It's a guess, there's no right and wrong to it.

'cause, you know, some of us are smart enough to realize we don't actually know what's going to happen.

I guess I'm in the other group

:D

Simply Red
09-20-2009, 03:06 PM
somewhere in Georgia Smed is drinking heavily.

LaChapelle
09-20-2009, 03:11 PM
The Raiders were all world playing SD last week. There a pile a shit this week ROFL

KcMizzou
09-20-2009, 03:14 PM
I guess I'm in the other group

:DYou're an obnoxious bastard sometimes, Dane. I'm sure I'm not the first to tell you this...

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2009, 03:15 PM
You're an obnoxious bastard sometimes, Dane. I'm sure I'm not the first to tell you this...

Thanks!

But seriously, what makes me "obnoxious"?

The fact that I believe that the Chiefs cannot beat the Giants, Redskins, Eagles or Cowboys?

That's called sensible.

Skip Towne
09-20-2009, 03:16 PM

Probably pretty close. When Marty left I predicted 20 years of misery. This is year 11.

Psyko Tek
09-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

is he leaving it in the closet then?

Smed1065
09-20-2009, 03:40 PM

But at least we have a fucking clue. Now we need some players who can actually execute.

QB might be a start?

ROFL

POND_OF_RED
09-20-2009, 03:47 PM
I think the defense looked solid today with the exception of the breakdown. They held the "three head monster" backfield to only 67 yards. 7 out of 10 possessions end in 3 and out. Granted it's the Raiders but all I heard all week was this rushing attack was going to gain 200+ on the ground easily. Chiefs line looked good against the rush today. You can't take that away from them. A lot of stupid penalties and one big meltdown killed us today. Hopefully this offense can show some signs of improvement the next few weeks but with the schedule they definitely have their work cut out for them.

Coogs
09-20-2009, 03:55 PM
I just finished rewatching the illegal contact call on Carr that lead directly to the Riaders first FG. Bad call. There was absolutely nothing there.

DeezNutz
09-20-2009, 03:56 PM
Thanks!

But seriously, what makes me "obnoxious"?

The fact that I believe that the Chiefs cannot beat the Giants, Redskins, Eagles or Cowboys?

That's called sensible.

Another sensiblechiefsfan.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Another sensiblechiefsfan.

Damn you!

Damn you all to hell!

kcpasco
09-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Maybe this sack of shit football team can go out and gain another moral victory next week

Bane
09-20-2009, 03:59 PM

The right direction? Uh hello!!! When you hit rock bottom theres only 1 way left to go. GODDAMN!:bang:

kcfanXIII
09-20-2009, 04:11 PM
0-16 here we come. If we can't beat an equally crappy Oakland team at home there is no team we can beat. If the Chiefs show up dead to a home opener, against their bitter rival, and really a must win game to prove to themselves and the fans they aren't a bunch of no talent shitheads, and they lose. Today is devistating, with no hope for the future. This team needs 2 OL at minimum, needs 1 WR equal to or better then Bowe, they need 1 player maker (real player makers not what the chowder heads running this team will tell you are play makers) each at DE, LB, and safety.

It was an absolute tradegy they way this team approcahed the offseason and they are going to pay the price. The only thing that will deflect press away from how bad the Chiefs are is that Jacksonville is unraveling at the seems and maybe they will fold after this year. I hope so so we can have a good pick in a subpplemental draft of sorts.

the Chiefs are terrible and making minimal progress at best. Haley & company will do nothing this year but lose every game, and he will come back next year to lose even more. Haley is gone mid 2010 or by the time the Chiefs have lost 22 in a row (16 this year 6 next year) and 26 loses in a row since Nov 30 2008. This team is epically bad as is. it can be fixed but we have to fix it this year and the offseason. If they do not the franchise will be lost for good.

F_U_C_K the Chiefs in 2009

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/0000flagonthepost.jpg

you are over reacting. drunken posting after a loss not recommended.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-20-2009, 04:17 PM
What happened to the discipline from last week? I'll put part of this on changing to a new offense and the QB having to cram for it, but FUCK!

Smed1065
09-20-2009, 04:19 PM

Go LJ! LOL

After you have herm!!!!

Idiot!

Direckshun
09-20-2009, 04:32 PM
We're going .500 after the bye.

Tiger's Fan
09-20-2009, 04:34 PM
I wish someone would explain to me how we put so many yards on a prolific defense like the fade, and held the best rushing attack in the league to less than 3 yards a tote.

MichaelH
09-20-2009, 04:38 PM
We have a much better coaching staff than a year ago. Now we just need more players. The last two head coaches drafts have continued to hurt this team long after they've left the building. I think the pieces are there, they just need time to form. I still feel much better with this team under Haley than I ever felt with the Coors Light salesman.

the Talking Can
09-20-2009, 04:38 PM
we're a shitty team, but we knew that coming in

both lines played better, against a team we were told would dominate us on both sides of the ball...

jackson, tank, and dorsey were stout and our OL opened some holes for the run game...Wade was great, he can be our slow Wes Welker...

but we still are a pretty talentless roster, out lbs are horrible which is death in a 3-4, and Cassel made several bad plays which cost us (even though he made several good plays and a huge 4th quarter td pass)....

you are what you are....can't pretend otherwise, sez parcells...

LaChapelle
09-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Message boards are like talk radio. The money is the controversy.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-20-2009, 04:40 PM
We have a much better coaching staff than a year ago. Now we just need more players. The last two head coaches drafts have continued to hurt this team long after they've left the building. I think the pieces are there, they just need time to form. I still feel much better with this team under Haley than I ever felt with the Coors Light salesman.

LMAO That commercial is killing us. That's right; blame Herm.

bevischief
09-20-2009, 04:49 PM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/0000flagonthepost.jpg

you are over reacting. drunken posting after a loss not recommended.

ROFLROFL

bevischief
09-20-2009, 04:49 PM

:clap:ROFL

bevischief
09-20-2009, 04:51 PM
LMAO That commercial is killing us. That's right; blame Herm.

:clap::clap:

It is going to take time to purge the Herm/Carl germs...

They are everywhere...

Chaunceythe3rd
09-20-2009, 04:52 PM

ROFLROFLROFL

2bikemike
09-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Its pretty telling that the Chiefs released so many players and very few of them have been picked up by other teams. We still have players that won't be playing next year.

There were some good things today but way too many mistakes. Some correctable with proper coaching and some won't be solved until we replace some players.

I still like the direction we are going better than I did a year or two ago. I will give Haley the benefit of the doubt considering what he inherited.

This upcoming stretch of games is going to be brutal. Don't see any W's in the immediate future and that is going to play heavy in the confidence of this team. Haley has a true test of what he's made of. If he's a decent coach he will keep them together. If he sucks as a coach they will remain in a funk all year.

bevischief
09-20-2009, 05:02 PM
Its pretty telling that the Chiefs released so many players and very few of them have been picked up by other teams. We still have players that won't be playing next year.

There were some good things today but way too many mistakes. Some correctable with proper coaching and some won't be solved until we replace some players.

I still like the direction we are going better than I did a year or two ago. I will give Haley the benefit of the doubt considering what he inherited.

This upcoming stretch of games is going to be brutal. Don't see any W's in the immediate future and that is going to play heavy in the confidence of this team. Haley has a true test of what he's made of. If he's a decent coach he will keep them together. If he sucks as a coach they will remain in a funk all year.

:clap:

Chaunceythe3rd
09-20-2009, 05:05 PM

Haley is going to be OK for us. We just need talent and he is a good evaluator of talent. Clancy will never do us any favors, however. When a situation calls for aggressiveness, Clancy will usually go into prevent defense. That was his knock in AZ and it cost them a Super Bowl.

the Talking Can
09-20-2009, 05:05 PM

we have a lot of players that won't be starting next year....half our ol, all our lbs, safeties, rbs, wrs..but we're stuck with them for now...

there is only so much coaching up and scheming you can do at some point...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Chicago wins!

Baby Lee
12-13-2009, 03:29 PM

Bump

Simply Red
12-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Bump

conceited prick,:D

irishjayhawk
12-13-2009, 03:39 PM

Said that all year. It's hard to see, but it's there.

Dave Lane
12-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Its slow progress but I have to confess I had no idea that the talent level on this team had slipped so far. So much for Herm the talent evaluator

DeezNutz
12-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Its slow progress but I have to confess I had no idea that the talent level on this team had slipped so far. So much for Herm the talent evaluator

What? Seriously, what?

Coach
12-13-2009, 04:04 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s7v0eth4XAM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s7v0eth4XAM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!"

OnTheWarpath15
12-13-2009, 04:04 PM

54% of the players in this organization - active roster, PS and IR - are Pioli's handpicked players.

50% of the starting 22 are Pioli's players.

Christ, the only decent players on this team, sans the fucking kicker, are Herm's players.

Mojo Jojo
12-13-2009, 04:19 PM

Why is it that other teams don't need time to turn around, but people on this board say it is OK? Other teams can go from 1 to 4 wins and make the playoffs...at the same time Chiefs fans are happy with one more win then last year and that the LT didn't miss a block today. Grow up. Pioli and Haley are not moving the Chiefs forward...they are glad that people like the posters on this board will continue to make excuses for them...meanwhile the rest of the NFL is passing the Chiefs by.

Mecca
12-13-2009, 04:26 PM
There is no progress unless becoming a cellar dweller for a decade is your goal.

OnTheWarpath15
12-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Why is it that other teams don't need time to turn around, but people on this board say it is OK? Other teams can go from 1 to 4 wins and make the playoffs...at the same time Chiefs fans are happy with one more win then last year and that the LT didn't miss a block today. Grow up. Pioli and Haley are not moving the Chiefs forward...they are glad that people like the posters on this board will continue to make excuses for them...meanwhile the rest of the NFL is passing the Chiefs by.

2009: Cincinatti

2008: Atlanta, Miami

Mecca
12-13-2009, 04:31 PM
The answer is simple, people want to be positive because it's the Chiefs. It's not easy to admit your favorite team is run by incompetent boobs and it's best chance of ever winning is on a video game.

TEX
12-13-2009, 04:50 PM

The team is not headed in the right direction. They look just like Herm's teams of the past 3 seasons in that they're getting worse as the season goes on. The list is long as to why that is but for starters, the Chiefs still do not have a legit QB. Anyone who thinks otherwise is blind. Furthermore, the way the front office handled its first offseason does not instill confidence for the future. It kind of reminds me of how Matt Millon did things in Detroit.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-13-2009, 04:51 PM

Mmm....gooood, my young apprentice. You must renounce and destroy all hope in Mark Castle; only then will you be strong enough in the dark side to save the Chiefs...from certain death.

Time's Yours
12-13-2009, 05:36 PM

Flowers
Carr
Hali
Charles
Dorsey
Page
Bowe
Albert

And Pollard should still be here. I'm gonna go on a limb and say Herm isn't the problem.

irishjayhawk
12-13-2009, 05:38 PM
The answer is simple, people want to be positive because it's the Chiefs. It's not easy to admit your favorite team is run by incompetent boobs and it's best chance of ever winning is on a video game.

No, it's pretty much complete shit, but I'm also not retarded enough to think that Pioli and Haley deem this the team of the future.

Halfcan
12-13-2009, 06:00 PM

:clap: dead on

FloridaMan88
12-13-2009, 06:08 PM
The $60 million QB has thrown close to 10 INTs the past 3 games, the defense that has been fortified with multiple high draft picks the past few years is garbage and the owner is hiding under his desk counting his profits.

I don't see any signs this team is heading in the right direction.

Baby Lee
12-20-2009, 03:18 PM

o:-)