PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Do the Chiefs have a realistic chance at winning in Philly?

MMXcalibur
09-20-2009, 09:36 PM
McNabb SHOULD still be out and Kolb will be in. That should improve chances, yeah?

DeezNutz
09-20-2009, 09:36 PM
I think it will be a close game, actually.

Captain Obvious
09-20-2009, 09:37 PM
Only if we trade for Sanchez.

KCrockaholic
No.

WhitiE
i think it will be as exciting as the last 2 games.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Garcia will be the starter.

It's in Philly.

Philly has a tough defense.

Will the score be close? Maybe.

But that doesn't mean the Chiefs will win.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2009, 09:39 PM
Trent Cole vs our line=Pain.

Seriously, Brian Westbrook in the flats against these fucktards? Could get really fucking ugly.

DeezNutz
09-20-2009, 09:39 PM
i think it will be as exciting as the last 2 games.

Was today exciting?

doomy3
09-20-2009, 09:40 PM
Garcia will be the starter.

It's in Philly.

Philly has a tough defense.

Will the score be close? Probably.

But that doesn't mean the Chiefs will win.

Andy Reid has already come out and said that if McNabb is out next week, Kolb will get another start.

Plus, Westbrook got banged up today, and who knows if he'll miss next week.

I am scared of Trent Cole and their pass rush though.

DeezNutz
09-20-2009, 09:40 PM
Trent Cole vs our line=Pain.

Seriously, Brian Westbrook in the flats against these ****tards? Could get really ****ing ugly.

It's a reverse spygate situation. Other teams see the tape of the Chiefs holes on defense and assume it must be some sort of decoy, a wisely construed farce. The only explanation for the Raiders going full Russell.

Westbrook will be an afterthought.

Stinger
09-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Any given Sunday....

Deberg_1990
09-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Vick should be active. Who let the dogs out??

LaChapelle
09-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Depends on who the CHiefs sign this week ROFL

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2009, 09:43 PM
Any given Sunday....

The Chiefs lose.

25 out of the last 27 and counting.

DeezNutz
09-20-2009, 09:44 PM
The Chiefs lose.

25 out of the last 27 and counting.

But I feel so much better about things now, don't you?

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2009, 09:46 PM
But I feel so much better about things now, don't you?

I always feel good

BigMeatballDave
09-20-2009, 09:46 PM
Any chance we could trade offensive starters with the Saints?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2009, 09:48 PM

From earlier today:

Oh...well...I'd start Philly's defense...the Saints are always inconsistent...and the Patriots are the Patriots.

pr_capone
Chiefs:

Castle now has a game under his belt with this team in the regular season.

DBowe beat Nadainasn Ashalddsfa, probably the best CB in the league, for a TD and a couple of other nice receptions. Key being is he is holding on to the ****ing ball.

Wade will only get better as he becomes more comfortable with the Offense.

LJ actually showed heart today.

We put up 400 yards on what is supposed to be a pretty stout D.

Eagles:

McNabb won't play.

KOLB will start. That bears repeating. KOLB will start.

Eagles D was torched tonight and they are supposed to be a stout D.

Chiefs & Eagles:

Both were coached by Vermiel.

One team believes 22 guys off the street could win 2 games. The other team actually brought in a player off the street.

They both play in the NFL.

Really guys... the conclusion is obvious.

We will put up another 400 yards and still only manage 7 - 10 points and we will make Kolb look like Michael Jordan!

DaneMcCloud

I think so

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2009, 09:49 PM
DBowe beat Nadainasn Ashalddsfa, probably the best CB in the league, for a TD and a couple of other nice receptions. Key being is he is holding on to the ****ing ball.

No, he didn't.

OnTheWarpath15
09-20-2009, 09:50 PM
No, he didn't.

It was Routt, wasn't it?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2009, 09:51 PM
It was Routt, wasn't it?

Yes.

Mecca
09-20-2009, 09:52 PM
Asomugha was out with dehydration on the Bowe TD, he beat Rout...

You'd think people would notice stuff like that when they watch games.

pr_capone
09-20-2009, 09:52 PM
No, he didn't.

I know.

Turn your truefan meter on bud.

/nursing the loss

did this

"Chiefs & Eagles:

Both were coached by Vermiel.

One team believes 22 guys off the street could win 2 games. The other team actually brought in a player off the street.

They both play in the NFL.

Really guys... the conclusion is obvious.

We will put up another 400 yards and still only manage 7 - 10 points and we will make Kolb look like Michael Jordan!"

not give ti away that it was just a spoof post?

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2009, 09:53 PM

You'd think people would notice stuff like that when they watch games.

Why would you expect that?

Mecca
09-20-2009, 09:54 PM
Also getting torched by the Saints is one thing, we don't have anything resembling what they do...

I'd also be surprised if they really start Kolb again and if they do he might be on the bench by the 2nd quarter.

milkman
09-20-2009, 09:54 PM
It was Routt, wasn't it?

No.

It was actually a close game.

doomy3
09-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Also getting torched by the Saints is one thing, we don't have anything resembling what they do...

I'd also be surprised if they really start Kolb again and if they do he might be on the bench by the 2nd quarter.

Andy Reid has already said Kolb will start. Bob Costas just said it again, and that McNabb is doubtful.

dirk digler
Costas just said Kolb is starting but Vick will play 10 plays or so

pr_capone
damn... have to try harder

BigMeatballDave
09-20-2009, 09:56 PM

You'd think people would notice stuff like that when they watch games.Yep. Especially when the TV guys are talking about it for part of the 4th qt. If I'm not mistaken, Aso was out 2 series before that scoring drive.

OnTheWarpath15

Why?

He threw for over 300 today, IIRC.

EDIT: Aw. Saw he threw for 3 INT's.

Around here, he had a good game. What gives?

kcpasco

When your playing the Chiefs why wouldn't you give your starter and extra week to recover?

Mecca
If Kolb throws a pick I bet they sit him, they can't afford to lose back to back home games.

Mecca
Why?

He threw for over 300 today, IIRC.

He also threw 3 picks...

milkman
09-20-2009, 09:57 PM
When your playing the Chiefs why wouldn't you give your starter and extra week to recover?

Sitting in the pocket with no pressure is all the rest he needs.

OnTheWarpath15
09-20-2009, 09:58 PM
He also threw 3 picks...

See my edit.

Buehler445
09-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Andy Reid has already come out and said that if McNabb is out next week, Kolb will get another start.

Plus, Westbrook got banged up today, and who knows if he'll miss next week.

I am scared of Trent Cole and their pass rush though.

Westbrook is always banged up. Always. And he still puts up big numbers. Unless he's out completely, odds are he'll fuck us with a goddamn telephone pole.

Kolb will likely play well, unless we can magically get pressure.

Our OL made some holes for LJ, hopefully that can happen again.

Cassel moved well and was able to avoid the rush, but Philly's LB's are FAST much much MUCH faster than what Cassel saw today.

Bowe against Asante Samuel....:doh!: Maybe Wade can keep the safety honest, but damn. Just fuck. I hope Bradley shows up and performs in the slot (or Wade...point is Bradley needs to be out there).

It can happen, particularly if Flowers shows up and CATCHES THE BALL. It will take mistakes on their end or some serious playmaking on ours.

dirk digler
09-20-2009, 09:59 PM

LMAO

Mecca
09-20-2009, 10:00 PM
I did look at their stats I see that he threw to Celek quite a bit..TE's are death for this defense...and even if Westbrook isn't on the field as much LeSean McCoy is a nice player.

Buehler445
09-20-2009, 10:01 PM
How do you guys think Maclin and Jackson stack up against our CBs and mother fucking slow ass Safeties?

doomy3
09-20-2009, 10:02 PM
Westbrook is always banged up. Always. And he still puts up big numbers. Unless he's out completely, odds are he'll **** us with a goddamn telephone pole.

Cassel moved well and was able to avoid the rush, but Philly's LB's are FAST much much MUCH faster than what Cassel saw today.

Bowe against Asante Samuel....:doh!: Maybe Wade can keep the safety honest, but damn. Just ****. I hope Bradley shows up and performs in the slot (or Wade...point is Bradley needs to be out there).

It can happen, particularly if Flowers shows up and CATCHES THE BALL. It will take mistakes on their end or some serious playmaking on ours.

Westbrook had surgery on his ankle this offseason. It's the same ankle he injured today, and he sat out the second half. I know what you're saying about him always being injured though. Had him on my FFL team the last couple years. Waiting until gametime every week for a decision sucks balls.

Mecca
How do you guys think Maclin and Jackson stack up against our CBs and mother fucking slow ass Safeties?

Maclin pretty much doesn't even play WR right now, he doesn't know how to run their routes.

Reerun_KC
Westbrook is always banged up. Always. And he still puts up big numbers. Unless he's out completely, odds are he'll **** us with a goddamn telephone pole.

Bowe against Asante Samuel....:doh!: Maybe Wade can keep the safety honest, but damn. Just ****. I hope Bradley shows up and performs in the slot (or Wade...point is Bradley needs to be out there).

This...

doomy3
How do you guys think Maclin and Jackson stack up against our CBs and mother ****ing slow ass Safeties?

Maclin is hardly playing much on O. I expect Jackson to have some big plays though. And Kolb loves throwing to Brent Celek.

doomy3
09-20-2009, 10:03 PM
I did look at their stats I see that he threw to Celek quite a bit..TE's are death for this defense...and even if Westbrook isn't on the field as much LeSean McCoy is a nice player.

Celek and Kolb are really tight. They room together, are really tight friends, and he throws to him a lot when he plays.

Mecca
09-20-2009, 10:04 PM
Well that alone is a problem because this team sucks at covering TE's.

doomy3
09-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Well that alone is a problem because this team sucks at covering TE's.

Yep. Although we did hear that all week this week and Zach Miller had exactly 0 catches.

Mecca
09-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Yep. Although we did hear that all week this week and Zach Miller had exactly 0 catches.

He would have had some if Russell wasn't the worst QB in the history of man.

doomy3
09-20-2009, 10:08 PM

So now that's your stance? You've defended Russel over and over, but you're done with him now?

And I agree, he missed him on a couple throws, but it is the same QB/TE combo that put up huge numbers against the Chargers D last week.

Buehler445
09-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Maclin pretty much doesn't even play WR right now, he doesn't know how to run their routes.

Maclin is hardly playing much on O. I expect Jackson to have some big plays though. And Kolb loves throwing to Brent Celek.

Didn't know that...Thanks. Maybe Flowers can have some success jamming him at the line, but there has to be some safety help there. I don't think Flowers has the speed to cover if Jackson gets a step on him.

Celek is a damn good pass catcher. He made some HUGE plays for them towards the end of last season.

ROFL

That is what was so brutal about the loss. This fat tub of shit housed us on the last drive. FUCK I wish we would have won.

Mecca
09-20-2009, 10:21 PM
Russell is basically never going to be good he'll show progress then it's gone the next week. You can't do it with a guy like that he never keeps his development.

I fully expect Jackson to be defended in a very fearful fashion the Chiefs don't want to give up 80 yard TD's.