PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Question for draft experts. If you could redo our 3rd pick...

googlegoogle
09-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Not saying our 3rd pick in the Purdue NT/DT is poor.

Just want to know if any offensive lineman in the draft was capable of contributing this season for us.

WR?

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2009, 06:49 PM
I had Louis Murphy in the 4th.

I had Kraig Urbick in the third but apparently, he's not ready to start on a bad offensive line in Pittsburgh.

Either that or they just don't know how to evaluate O-lineman in Pittsburgh.

Seriously.

easymobee
09-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Clady instead of Dorsey
Albert Pick the same.
Sanchez instead of TJackson
Best guard avail in the lost 2nd round.

BryanBusby
09-21-2009, 07:15 PM
a 2010 2nd rounder

BigVE
Its MUCH easier to "guess" now...experts will be coming out of the woodwork.

chiefzilla1501
I know what Mecca is going to say, and I agree with him.

Duke Robinson should have been our pick.

Rain Man
09-21-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm on record in the alternate reality thread taking Derrick Williams, the WR who went to Detroit: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204569&page=2. He was inactive this week for Detroit, which is not making me look like a genius. But he's on their depth chart as Calvin Johnson's immediate backup.

Thus far, I'm nonetheless liking my alternate reality Chiefs. I rejected the Gonzalez and Cassel/Vrabel trades, and instead took these guys.

#3 - Mark Sanchez - QB - USC (went to Jets) - starting and doing well.
#34 - Rey Maualuga - ILB - USC (went to Bengals) - starting and presumably doing well.
#67 - Derrick Williams - WR - Penn State (went to Lions) - inactive, 2nd stringer
#102 - D.J. Moore - CB - Vanderbilt (went to Bears) - 3rd string
#139 - Duke Robinson - G - Oklahoma (went to Panthers) - 2nd string at RG
#175 - Myron Pryor - DT - Kentucky (went to Patriots) - 2nd string at LDE and obviously made Seymour expendable, right?
#212 - Zack Follett - OLB - California (went to Lions) - on Lions practice squad, which is a bit of a disappointment
#237 - No pick - Rejected Trade
#256 - Alex Boone - OT - Ohio State (not drafted, signed by 49ers) - on 49ers practice squad, but not a huge surprise

I hope more of you will get involved in the alternate reality chiefs game next year. It's going to be good.

DaKCMan AP
09-21-2009, 07:19 PM
I had Louis Murphy in the 4th.

I had Kraig Urbick in the third but apparently, he's not ready to start on a bad offensive line in Pittsburgh.

Either that or they just don't know how to evaluate O-lineman in Pittsburgh.

Seriously.

I would have loved Louis Murphy in the 4th.

vailpass
09-21-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm on record in the alternate reality thread taking Derrick Williams, the WR who went to Detroit: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204569&page=2. He was inactive this week for Detroit, which is not making me look like a genius. But he's on their depth chart as Calvin Johnson's immediate backup.

Thus far, I'm nonetheless liking my alternate reality Chiefs. I rejected the Gonzalez and Cassel/Vrabel trades, and instead took these guys.

#3 - Mark Sanchez - QB - USC (went to Jets) - starting and doing well.
#34 - Rey Maualuga - ILB - USC (went to Bengals) - starting and presumably doing well.
#67 - Derrick Williams - WR - Penn State (went to Lions) - inactive, 2nd stringer
#102 - D.J. Moore - CB - Vanderbilt (went to Bears) - 3rd string
#139 - Duke Robinson - G - Oklahoma (went to Panthers) - 2nd string at RG
#175 - Myron Pryor - DT - Kentucky (went to Patriots) - 2nd string at LDE and obviously made Seymour expendable, right?
#212 - Zack Follett - OLB - California (went to Lions) - on Lions practice squad, which is a bit of a disappointment
#237 - No pick - Rejected Trade
#256 - Alex Boone - OT - Ohio State (not drafted, signed by 49ers) - on 49ers practice squad, but not a huge surprise

I hope more of you will get involved in the alternate reality chiefs game next year. It's going to be good.

Scares the shit out of me that Sanchez could have went to the Chiefs. I would not have liked to see Maualuga in KC either. Good picks Rain.

DaKCMan AP
09-21-2009, 07:22 PM
I would have loved Louis Murphy in the 4th.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5712587&postcount=3243